Old 04-15-2012, 04:55 PM   #3251
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

JAG what issss a barrow
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:59 PM   #3252
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Weekends suck lol, I want to go further already!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:16 PM   #3253
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
Weekends suck lol, I want to go further already!

++

So Dark LOrd you gonna have the ghouls kneeling to you anytime sssoon?
Old 04-15-2012, 05:27 PM   #3254
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
Where my partners at?? Whats in the cards for you fellows on Monday morning?
I did a search of the room we were in friday afternoon, but no luck. I guess I am going to need to use that tentacle to help afford some food/torches at the djinni sale monday afternoon, if you guys want me to sell some stuff for you and get you some things while you take other actions in whatever our new room is, I can do that.

There is no sale on Monday Julio since it is an odd day either myself or bhlloy will need to send you food rations and/or a torch for the movement action tomorrow since I do not think you have the necessities to move forward.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:36 PM   #3255
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Morning action I think we should check out another barrow and then maybe we should explore a new room come movement time.

Sounds good! I'll let you send them in. Ready to rock though!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #3256
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Damage argument - I'm going to get better at hitting with each level. You are not. In terms of melee damage, I'm going to have access to weapons that deliver more damage than yours do, although you might get a wand at some point that allows you to keep up.

Tank argument - I'm going to have access to better armor than you are, which will make me harder to hit. My heal ability will allow greater recovery as I gain higher levels. I can understand your argument at Level 3, but it isn't going to be close in terms of absorbing damage, when we are talking about higher levels, unless you are planning on Stoneskin for your Level 3 spell. Even then, you'll be very susceptible to Dispel Magic, something that you don't need to worry about with a fighter.

Don't get me wrong - I'm delighted to have you tank for our party. Risk on you, and I just get to take free shots at our foes. If I had the option, I would steer foes to you instead of me in battles. I've asked Abe about this I just think that your logic is strange.

I think sleep will be highly effective throughout the game anytime we encounter more than one monster. Which there is probably a lot of room. But yes, I could really use a strong level 3 spell. Hopefully if we find one, you dont make me pay through the teech for it
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #3257
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I think sleep will be highly effective throughout the game anytime we encounter more than one monster. Which there is probably a lot of room. But yes, I could really use a strong level 3 spell. Hopefully if we find one, you dont make me pay through the teech for it

But ive been really unlucky with spells so far. I havent had a single one drop specifically for me
Old 04-15-2012, 06:37 PM   #3258
Danny
Head Coach

Jackal, our teams are cleaning up so far in the playoffs!
Old 04-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #3259
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
But ive been really unlucky with spells so far. I havent had a single one drop specifically for me

Tomorrow I can trade you mine if youve got something tradeworthy.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:47 PM   #3260
hoopsguy
General Manager

Danny, please do not forget to pass the food/torches on Black Market.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:50 PM   #3261
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Danny, please do not forget to pass the food/torches on Black Market.

Yeah Danny, it would be sad if evil were to starve in the dungeon. Think I'll just have something to eat here by the light.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:51 PM   #3262
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I'm not even hungry.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:54 PM   #3263
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hey Danny, if I promised you the next spell scroll that JAG and I find, would you refrain from feeding Hoops?
Old 04-15-2012, 06:55 PM   #3264
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Sounds good! I'll let you send them in. Ready to rock though!

Sent.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:58 PM   #3265
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Hey Danny, if I promised you the next spell scroll that JAG and I find, would you refrain from feeding Hoops?

this made me laugh. Had I been drinking milk, it would have come out my nossse.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:06 PM   #3266
hoopsguy
General Manager

PB, I would not have negotiated with you. But I trust Danny will live up to his commitments.

Of course, the idea of parlay with a guy who talks as if he had marbles in his mouth is funny in its own right.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:11 PM   #3267
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Tomorrow I can trade you mine if youve got something tradeworthy.

I dont have a hell of a lot. A little gold mostly. I also happen to have a horse figurine, which IMO Is extremely valuable and tough to get. For the figurine I would need a nice level 3 spell though.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:14 PM   #3268
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I've not considered the horse to be useful. Explain how it's useful as I'm not getting it. But I really don't think I weant a horse.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:15 PM   #3269
Danny
Head Coach

So I will put this out there now, I will trade the horse figurine for a nice level 3 spell. The figurines are the primary reason Kwhit were the easy top two winners of the first dungeon btw.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:15 PM   #3270
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I've not considered the horse to be useful. Explain how it's useful as I'm not getting it. But I really don't think I weant a horse.

It gives an extra movement for a day. It is EXTREMELY valuable late in the game when vying for the finish.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #3271
Danny
Head Coach

When someone is spelled / geared up late, they can rake through the monsters, so the only thing slowing them down from going from 7/8 to level 10 is the one movement per day limit.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:17 PM   #3272
Danny
Head Coach

In general, I would have prefered to stock up on a couple figurines myself, but my lacks of spells has changed that somewhat. Still, we have a long way to go, so I am happy to keep it for later as well.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #3273
Danny
Head Coach

Ill admit in the first dungeon, I primarily bought healing potions and horse figurines. I was not the most well equipped or anything in the first dungeon, but I had moved quickly. I cant really do that this time because of the ghouls on the lose and my lack of spells. Frankly though, JAG could probably rake right now if he were to go it alone and make sure to have some figurines and potions.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #3274
Danny
Head Coach

My original plan for this dungeon was to get armor for early leveling along with my race bonus and then go with some spells like icy blast and acid arrow early to be able to clean out monsters. That changed when I couldnt get any spells. I still think mirror image and sleep are very useful, but more so for partying (especially sleep and in case we have to face other players).
Old 04-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #3275
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
It gives an extra movement for a day. It is EXTREMELY valuable late in the game when vying for the finish.

sounds like it could get you killed too.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:23 PM   #3276
Danny
Head Coach

So in all honestly, I don't really think I can win the race now. My best chance is to party up and see who might be killed off, because this dungeon does seem much more potent than the last. We may end up in a situation where those who survive can win without racing like crazy.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #3277
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
sounds like it could get you killed too.

Not if you are properly stocked up on potions. Potions dont run out, you can buy whatever amount at the djinni sale.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:25 PM   #3278
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Not if you are properly stocked up on potions. Potions dont run out, you can buy whatever amount at the djinni sale.

And the reason Kwhit finished 1st and me 2nd in the last dungeon is because he beat me to the last horse figurine. You will see though, their value is incredible late in the game (and we are not the far from late in the game).
Old 04-15-2012, 07:26 PM   #3279
Danny
Head Coach

Black Market
Trade Hoops 2 food and 2 torches
Old 04-15-2012, 07:26 PM   #3280
Danny
Head Coach

PB, I must honor my commitments that I have made. It is the way of the Taurian.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:31 PM   #3281
Danny
Head Coach

Hoops, you really are underestimating mirror image. Of course if someone has dispel magic it sucks, but as we level it guarantees us a number of rounds without even having to worry about being hit (at least = to my level and more because they don't always hit them). Its especially valuable for monsters that are heavy hitters because extra damage cant carry over, a hit is a hit and an image gets killed. Vs a quicker attacking lesser monster, they arent as valuable.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:32 PM   #3282
Danny
Head Coach

So yes right now we are only facing monsters that deal 5-10 damage per hit, but if we face things that deal 20-30 per hit, then having those images is huge.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:32 PM   #3283
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I got something good the firsssst dji, but sincccce haven't bought anything but torchessss til thisss last one cause of lack of fundsss.
But when I tried buying stuf I got shut out mossstly. I didn't know you could buy more than one of the sssame thing.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #3284
hoopsguy
General Manager

Danny, I re-read Mirror Image this morning and since it is guaranteed to hit the images first I agree it is a big asset. If it was random for them hitting you compared to the mirror (as I thought it was) then it was way more variable in terms of worth from battle to battle.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:39 PM   #3285
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

how many imagessss do you get?
Old 04-15-2012, 07:39 PM   #3286
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
how many imagessss do you get?

Equal to my level.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:40 PM   #3287
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Wow....may asss well call it "Protection from Damage" sssspell
Old 04-15-2012, 07:41 PM   #3288
Danny
Head Coach

Its very nice, but again its weakness is against dispel magic as all the images go poof.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:43 PM   #3289
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

not many monssssterssss know that sssspell....or any ssspells.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #3290
Danny
Head Coach

I haven't seen one that does yet. If I was soloing, the two spells i wanted most were mirror image and icy blast.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:46 PM   #3291
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

You have a tough choiccce for 3rd level. Actually cleric 3rd level hasss lotsss of good ssstuff too
Old 04-15-2012, 07:47 PM   #3292
Danny
Head Coach

Well I know what spells I want for 3rd level, its a just a question of whether or not in drops or is available for sale.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:48 PM   #3293
Danny
Head Coach

So if someone gets it, my top priorities are lightning bolt, pierce armor and stoneskin, in that order
Old 04-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #3294
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

oh you don't jussst inssstantly get spellssss when you level? YOu have to find them?
Old 04-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #3295
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I guessss so. Just read it. Hadn't before asss I never consssidered playing a mage.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:57 PM   #3296
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
oh you don't jussst inssstantly get spellssss when you level? YOu have to find them?

Right, of course it seems Jag ends up getting two spells per level
Old 04-15-2012, 07:59 PM   #3297
Danny
Head Coach

So Hoops, one more day in this level (if we encounter monster) and Jackal and I should hit level 5. Then we can move on to the next level I am thinking.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:00 PM   #3298
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Right, of course it seems Jag ends up getting two spells per level

That's just because we keep finding scrolls. Look at it this way, you found Hoops and Jackal. JAG got stuck with me and a bunch of scrolls. I think you came out ahead, particularly since I couldn't spell complete words for 6 or 7 days.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:08 PM   #3299
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
So Hoops, one more day in this level (if we encounter monster) and Jackal and I should hit level 5. Then we can move on to the next level I am thinking.

Yep, I think that would make sense.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #3300
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

I've got a Level 4 spell that you would be able to use. But I've got no incentive to give it to you at this point since you can't use it anyway for awhile. And you probably don't have a ton of incentive to deal for something now that you can't use for another week.

If we are still working together when you hit Level 7 then we can revisit this topic. Unless I really need to sell it for something amazing, in which case I'll look to give you the right to bid on it before I move it.

That fall in line with being a good teammate? Or at least something close?