Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #7001
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Did you know about something coming down the pipes beforehand and could have saved your boss the embarrassment? That's a tricky part. Unless telling your boss would cause your wife problems, I would think you should tell him/her.

Nope I didn't know it was gonna happen....I think she did...if I would have...I would have said something.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:24 PM   #7002
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

GF didn't tell you? Is that uncool? I dunno.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:27 PM   #7003
JediKooter
Coordinator

So wait. One guy was hammering the other guy? I'd think you would just give them some privacy.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:30 PM   #7004
spleen1015
Coordinator

What is there to be handled? Why did your boss get hammered? Did your company do something wrong? Is the CIO just a dickbag?
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:35 PM   #7005
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
What is there to be handled? Why did your boss get hammered? Did your company do something wrong? Is the CIO just a dickbag?

It's an issue of perception vs reality in one area...and it's the worst area to have it.

We have worked on the board room and it keeps having issues constantly...however every other room and room system we have installed across their entire footprint works great.

Part of the board room is user errors (executive secretaries not attending training sessions or trying to do their own thing fucking it up) or faulty hardware...it just gives the appearance of incompetence to the high levels at the bank.

The beating on the room is deserved, but not at the level that was handed out today.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #7006
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Your boss should point out that the executives at the bank should have their damn secretaries attend the damn training.

Maybe offer to send someone over (for free) to pre-check the room for the really-important meetings, or for a limited # of times (if feasible)?
Old 02-03-2012, 04:03 PM   #7007
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Your boss should point out that the executives at the bank should have their damn secretaries attend the damn training.

Maybe offer to send someone over (for free) to pre-check the room for the really-important meetings, or for a limited # of times (if feasible)?

Or put a cheat sheet in each room.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 02-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #7008
JediKooter
Coordinator

This reminds me of something I heard a long time ago:

No problem is too small for an executive to over react and freak out about.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #7009
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Thing Jesus never did:

Dial a telephone.
Ski.
Get a speeding ticket.
Order pizza with extra pepperoni.
Use a remote control.
Post online.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:21 PM   #7010
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

So I have 6 things on Jesus?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:56 PM   #7011
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
So I have 6 things on Jesus?

SI

7, if you count belching loudly after drinking a carbonated beverage quickly.

But the whole walking on water & healing people might trump some of the things we got on him. Still, it's funny to think that if your phone rang & Jesus was standing there he'd have no clue what it was or what to do with it.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:58 PM   #7012
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
Thing Jesus never did:

Dial a telephone.
Ski.
Get a speeding ticket.
Order pizza with extra pepperoni.
Use a remote control.
Post online.

The only reason he hasn't done this is due to where he lives in Mexico.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #7013
spleen1015
Coordinator

I had no idea I could limit the amount of processor gets used on my laptop.

While I work out the video card issues of my desktop, I have been using my laptop a lot, OOTP mostly. If I try to sim a number of seasons all at once, my laptop would overheat and shutdown. Some googling led me to being able to limit my processor to a certain %. 80% has proven to be good.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:20 AM   #7014
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

So I'm watching the super bowl and they call the safety. I turned off the game right then. I know it's a rule but it's stupid. It just is the most stupid thing I've ever seen called. I was in shock, figured the pats would be in shock too by the call. Figured they'd allow a quick score and almost definitely not cover and get lucky to win. I did not have money on the game, but it just ruined the game for me. On the bright side when I looked up who won for sure, at least Eli has more sb wins than peyton. I just wanted an enjoyable game, use some common sense and don't call that a safety. I'm mean really, if you have time to launch the ball 50 yards he is basically just trying to get to the next play. Thanks for ruining the game.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:39 AM   #7015
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Huh?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:43 AM   #7016
spleen1015
Coordinator

I can't believe they gave the Patriots 6 points on that Hernandez TD. It totally ruined the game for me. They should have given them 5 points, that way when they kicked the PAT, the score would have been 9-9. Thanks for ruining the game.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:07 PM   #7017
DanGarion
Coordinator

Well since someone mentioned Roleplaying games and that the D&D 3.5 stuff was selling for decent prices I put up my entire collection of RPG books on Ebay to sell. Trying to reduce my clutter and sell off hobbies I no longer have (my friends don't play anymore )

Here is the link in case anyone is looking for RPG Books.
D&D, Hero System, and a couple White Wolf
dangarion | eBay
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:23 PM   #7018
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Interesting Piracy article.

You Will Never Kill Piracy, and Piracy Will Never Kill You - Forbes
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #7019
Ksyrup

I bought my first ebay item last night. Had never like the site, never really trusted people that much. But I decided to try it out last night and got a good deal. Now we'll see what it looks like when it arrives.

Tip: having your auction end in the middle of the super bowl tends to cut down on the number of bidders. I'm no ebay expert, but I think that's probably a true statement.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 02-06-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:55 PM   #7020
booradley
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCY Junkie View Post
So I'm watching the super bowl and they call the safety. I turned off the game right then. I know it's a rule but it's stupid. It just is the most stupid thing I've ever seen called. I was in shock, figured the pats would be in shock too by the call. Figured they'd allow a quick score and almost definitely not cover and get lucky to win. I did not have money on the game, but it just ruined the game for me. On the bright side when I looked up who won for sure, at least Eli has more sb wins than peyton. I just wanted an enjoyable game, use some common sense and don't call that a safety. I'm mean really, if you have time to launch the ball 50 yards he is basically just trying to get to the next play. Thanks for ruining the game.

You a few beers shy of a six-pack, ain'tcha boy?
booradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:47 PM   #7021
Autumn
Head Coach

So I'm watching the super bowl and they don't call the safety. I thought, that's weird, because everybody's talking on Twitter about a safety. I turned the game off right then. If they're not going to broadcast the same game to me as everyone else, I'm not watching. Use some common sense and stop broadcasting games from another dimension to my TV set. Later on I looked up the score just to be sure, and yep, Pats win 57-3. I just wanted an enjoyable game, one that everyone else on this planet saw. Thanks for ruining the game.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:53 PM   #7022
MJ4H
Coordinator

maybe watching super bowl not for you
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:34 PM   #7023
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

A lot of smoke up here in Seattle about a new basketball/hockey arena just south of Safeco Field. Rumors that the Kings could play here as soon as 2012. Make it so!
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:19 PM   #7024
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Just watched Drive and I'm totally into Carey Mulligan now.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:53 PM   #7025
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Bob Marley's birthday, and the PA lottery midday number was 420. Wondering how many stoners won "big" (think it's $500) on that.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:18 AM   #7026
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Just watched Drive and I'm totally into Carey Mulligan now.

She was incredible in An Education. After I saw that I've been paying close attention to her career. She's got it.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:23 AM   #7027
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Later on I looked up the score just to be sure, and yep, Pats win 57-3.

I have some betting slips I'd like to turn into you. What's the dimension exchange rate?
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:37 AM   #7028
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
The only reason he hasn't done this is due to where he lives in Mexico.

And this is why I missed the site.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:40 AM   #7029
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCY Junkie View Post
It just is the most stupid thing I've ever seen called.

Don't watch alot of football do we?
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:00 AM   #7030
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
So I'm watching the super bowl and they don't call the safety. I thought, that's weird, because everybody's talking on Twitter about a safety. I turned the game off right then. If they're not going to broadcast the same game to me as everyone else, I'm not watching. Use some common sense and stop broadcasting games from another dimension to my TV set. Later on I looked up the score just to be sure, and yep, Pats win 57-3. I just wanted an enjoyable game, one that everyone else on this planet saw. Thanks for ruining the game.

This has potential, some very interesting parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
maybe watching super bowl not for you

Maybe if I watch two more super bowls I'll enjoy both of them....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Don't watch alot of football do we?

If I was a giants fan I wouldn't like that call, it's kinda of a pussy call to me. It's not like he threw it out of bounds, he had time to read the field and know there was no one back there in the field of play. If you're going to get credit for a sack at least make the qb not be able to get the ball 50 yards down field. I know the rule, it's just as silly as autumns post.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #7031
JediKooter
Coordinator

Picked up a 55" Sony Bravia LCD TV yesterday at Best Buy for 800 dollars. I have to say, I'm quite happy with my choice.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:22 PM   #7032
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
And this is why I missed the site.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #7033
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I think the mob wants me to launder money for them. I have visions of Lethal Weapon 2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spam e-mail
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']Hello!
The position is part-time and work-from-home.

About the company:
Our company is one of the leading players on the investment, online payment processing and capital management markets for the last few years. Most of our clients are situated in Europe and our headquarters is in London, United Kingdom.
Our customers are individuals, companies and large corporations who believe that we have earned the highest reputation and trust us because of high quality and level of our services.
We operate in a number of business spheres and we are permanently searching for talented, skilled, motivated and goal-oriented candidates to become members of our team.
We are planning to expand our business operations to Canada, North and South America in the near future.

General description of the position:
Your responsibilities will include providing support to our financial department. This is a part-time and home-based job which requires 15-20 hours per week. You will take care of financial activities of our customers and make sure all transactions are completed. Typical assignments will include answering e-mails, calls and submitting reports.

Requirements for successful candidates:
- Data entry skills;
- Microsoft Office: this is a must;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- Attention to details, self-management;
- Ability to work under pressure and problem solving skills;
- Zero criminal record.

We offer:
- Very competitive salary and bonuses;
- Flexible hours;
- Online learning provided by our support center.

We are sure that a great salary and terms of employment that we offer to our employees will make this a suitable opportunity for you.
Make your choice today, apply for this position: Just send us an e-mail and we will reply [/font]
Old 02-07-2012, 05:19 PM   #7034
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
I think the mob wants me to launder money for them. I have visions of Lethal Weapon 2:

DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY!!

Old 02-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #7035
Ksyrup

This is the third straight night I've had twitter go down. Is this a widespread issue or just something on my end? I can't find any reports of issues.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #7036
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
This is the third straight night I've had twitter go down. Is this a widespread issue or just something on my end? I can't find any reports of issues.

Been OK for me, both via web and Tweetbot.

My random thought is that the new peanut butter Cheerios are a bit odd.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:56 PM   #7037
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The peanut butter Cheerios made pretty good rice krispie treat
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:59 PM   #7038
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
The peanut butter Cheerios made pretty good rice krispie treat

Oooh I bet. Also, I wonder if I eat it with strawberry or raspberry yogurt, will it taste kinda like a PBJ?

/tk
Old 02-07-2012, 08:12 PM   #7039
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Just watched a 2OT high school b'ball game online (yeah, my kid was commentating, so it's kind of appt viewing).

43-41 final in double overtime, only one made basket between the two teams over the extra time (4m OT's) and that was a layup. Each team went 2 for 6 from the line.

It was like watching Big 10 hoops.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #7040
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Been OK for me, both via web and Tweetbot.

My random thought is that the new peanut butter Cheerios are a bit odd.

/tk

Huh. I can't get twitter to respond on my phone, iPod, or computer.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:20 PM   #7041
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Huh. I can't get twitter to respond on my phone, iPod, or computer.

Loaded normally for me (actually seemed faster than normal fwiw)
Old 02-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #7042
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

OMG WANT. Hasbro's new Lazer Tag guns use iOS devices for HUD and augmented reality | The Verge

Also, it's a bummer this didn't get a better review. But maybe they'll make 2.0 better? Hot Wheels RC iNitro Speeders hands-on (video) -- Engadget

/tk
Old 02-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #7043
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Mental note to self: Next time you are asleep & realize that you are in fact asleep & it is a dream, instead of wondering what the ribs on the grill taste like in dreamland, just say "Halle Berry Triplets!"
Old 02-07-2012, 09:09 PM   #7044
Ksyrup

Well, I figured out what the problem is with twitter, but I can't figure out why it's happening. I turned off WiFi on my phone and twitter immediately came up. And on the desktop, which is directly wired to the internet, it comes up fine. The only problem is with twitter on the wireless connection. The strange thing, though, is that every other website or service works, but twitter. And this has been the case for three straight nights.

Anyone have any idea what's going on? it's the same with wireless on my laptop, ipod, and phone.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:13 AM   #7045
Ksyrup

So this morning I tested out my WiFi and twitter works fine. As far as I can tell, it shuts down in the evening through some point in the night. The first time it happened was just into the 3rd quarter of the SB, and at the time I just assumed Madonna broke twitter. Then it happened again Monday night and I thought it was odd, but wasn't on it much so didn't thinnk about it. Then when it happened again last night, i started messing with it and realized that it was only my WiFi that was causing the issue. But no other site/service is affected, just twitter.

Anyone have any ideas why that is? I guess if it happens again tonight, I'll have to call them to see if they can tell me why that's happening.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:03 AM   #7046
spleen1015
Coordinator

Walked into work today not feeling to well. Then, I got some other than good news that has totally put in the 'I don't give a fuck' camp for the day.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:19 AM   #7047
britrock88
Pro Starter

I am physically incapable of sleep for less than 8 hours at a stretch, apparently. I wish I had more time during the day...
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:37 AM   #7048
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Walked into work today not feeling to well. Then, I got some other than good news that has totally put in the 'I don't give a fuck' camp for the day.

Awesome. I walked into work with a cold and am still battling it.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #7049
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:

Ditto, on all counts.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:35 PM   #7050
rowech
Pro Starter

I have taught high school math for 14 years now. Some days, the thought of another 21 years, makes me want to puke.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote