Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #7101
Rizon
Pro Starter

What ever happened to Alicia Silverstone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #7102
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
What ever happened to Alicia Silverstone?

She has aged a bit...

Spoiler
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:13 PM   #7103
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
She has aged a bit...

Spoiler

Next time, just put lungs' cow pic in there, would have been less painful. Or Rick Roll me.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:55 PM   #7104
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Mindless zombies running around making horrible noises, destroying anything human in their path in their relentless quest to destroy civilization & feed their awful appetites. Yes folks, the Grammys returned to television tonight.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:07 PM   #7105
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I turned down a job to come to Houston last week to be reunited with my wife. Unfortunately, it just wasn't a good fit

SI

The job or your wife was the bad fit?
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #7106
spleen1015
Coordinator

New Spiderman movie looks cool.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #7107
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I am teaching myself Spanish right now using Rosetta Stone. I am also refreshing up on my German...Cool thing is, languages are so different I am not mixing them up.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #7108
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Sehr bueno!
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:04 PM   #7109
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Lots of tweeting about not tweeting about the Grammys. Also, the Memphis ABA fauxbacks are nice. All of the them this year have been slick
Old 02-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #7110
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
I am teaching myself Spanish right now using Rosetta Stone. I am also refreshing up on my German...Cool thing is, languages are so different I am not mixing them up.

Having lived in Germany for seven years when I was young, I learned some of the language while I was there. I also took three years in HS. And a year in college. Then I never used it again. Working in the restaurant industry now with a lot of native Spanish speakers, I've picked up a bit of that language. But these days when I try to speak German, I wind up saying half the phrase in Spanish...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #7111
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Two random thoughts, loosely connected-

1) After a request from my 5 year old son, attended my first (and last?) NBA game. We drove to Cleveland, got $10 seats and a hotel righ near the arena. He had a good time. I think I last watched an NBA game in the early 90s.

2) The following morning, had breakfast in the hotel. The TVs were on some 'weekend news' type show, discussing Whitney Houston. Being in the restaurant, none of the TVs had volume on, but were showing the closed captioning.

Come back from commercial, they are interviewing, by phone, Chaka Khan.

I'm going to hell for this, but couldn't help laughing following along the closed captioning-

"Welcome back...we are covering the tragic, stunning news of the passing of Whitney Houston...live on the the line, we have someone who worked with Whitney Houston earlier in her career.

Sha...[backspace, backspace, backspace]...Scha...[backspace, backspace, backspace, backspace]...Sh...[backspace, backspace]...Chaka Khan, thank you for joining us"

I picture the poor transcriptor smashing her head off the wall trying to spell Chaka Khan
Old 02-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #7112
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post

I picture the poor transcriptor smashing her head off the wall trying to spell Chaka Khan
i feel for him
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #7113
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorvTurnerOverdrive View Post
i feel for him

I think I love you
Old 02-13-2012, 02:55 PM   #7114
Grover
Pro Starter

Got an acceptance letter to Southern Maine Community College on Saturday! Whoo! After ten years out of school, I'll be starting again in September.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #7115
Autumn
Head Coach

That's awesome, Grover. I just started going back too, this past year, through UMA.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #7116
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
Having lived in Germany for seven years when I was young, I learned some of the language while I was there. I also took three years in HS. And a year in college. Then I never used it again. Working in the restaurant industry now with a lot of native Spanish speakers, I've picked up a bit of that language. But these days when I try to speak German, I wind up saying half the phrase in Spanish...

This happened to me in Spain and in Germany en route to Turkey. I would have a tendency to mix German and Spanish in the same sentence.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #7117
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Got an acceptance letter to Southern Maine Community College on Saturday! Whoo! After ten years out of school, I'll be starting again in September.

Very awesome...my Sister and bro-in-law moved in Nov to Old Orchard Beach? I think he is going to Southern Maine for school.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:06 PM   #7118
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:

Old 02-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #7119
Grover
Pro Starter

@ Autumn - awesome! What are you studying? I'm going for Communicatons / New Media, want to transfer to either USM or out of state once I have my Associates.

@Macro - OOB is the next town over from me. You need to visit in the summer for Pier Fries and Bill's Pizza.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #7120
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
@ Autumn - awesome! What are you studying? I'm going for Communicatons / New Media, want to transfer to either USM or out of state once I have my Associates.

I'm getting a psychology degree. U of Maine has one of their centers here in Bath so I can take most of my classes there, as well as ones online. It's the only thing that makes this doable for me!
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:39 PM   #7121
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:

@Macro - OOB is the next town over from me. You need to visit in the summer for Pier Fries and Bill's Pizza.

I will probably be there in April and then around August...
Old 02-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #7122
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
Two random thoughts, loosely connected-

1) After a request from my 5 year old son, attended my first (and last?) NBA game. We drove to Cleveland, got $10 seats and a hotel righ near the arena. He had a good time. I think I last watched an NBA game in the early 90s.

2) The following morning, had breakfast in the hotel. The TVs were on some 'weekend news' type show, discussing Whitney Houston. Being in the restaurant, none of the TVs had volume on, but were showing the closed captioning.

Come back from commercial, they are interviewing, by phone, Chaka Khan.

I'm going to hell for this, but couldn't help laughing following along the closed captioning-

"Welcome back...we are covering the tragic, stunning news of the passing of Whitney Houston...live on the the line, we have someone who worked with Whitney Houston earlier in her career.

Sha...[backspace, backspace, backspace]...Scha...[backspace, backspace, backspace, backspace]...Sh...[backspace, backspace]...Chaka Khan, thank you for joining us"

Did he like the fiery scoreboard and the gangsta hip hop MC crowd noise guy?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:41 PM   #7123
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Did he like the fiery scoreboard and the gangsta hip hop MC crowd noise guy?

He had a good time. Neither of us expecting the scoreboard.

There were the sort of "in-arena" hosts. I think the guy's name was Ahmad, and some skinny blonde chick who looked to be about mid to late 30's but thought she was early 20's.

We also saw an on court proposal, so I guess I can cross that off my bucket list.

Would have been nice to walk around a little more before the game, but it was 0 with the windchill.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #7124
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I never realized that Channing Tatum and Ryan Phillipe were different people.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:36 PM   #7125
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
I never realized that Channing Tatum and Ryan Phillipe were different people.

the names weren't a hint?
Old 02-13-2012, 09:13 PM   #7126
stevew
Hall Of Famer

More like I thought Ryan Phillipe was in GIJoe.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:16 PM   #7127
cuervo72
Head Coach

Every time I hear 'Channing Tatum' I think it should be a woman. Like a cross between Stockard Channing and Tatum O'Neal.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:02 AM   #7128
Suicane75
Coordinator

Every time I head Channing Tatum I think I remember him from years ago but then realize he's new. I think I think of Tatum O'Neal or Stockard Channing or a slight little character actor dude from the 90's.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #7129
JediKooter
Coordinator

Every time I hear the name Channing Tatum, I think of Chaz Bono.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:06 AM   #7130
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Okay, random grammar question for the day. It's in an old workbook I have which doesn't have an answer key. Normally, it's no big deal. But this one makes me wonder because what I think is correct doesn't sound right.

The sentence is: Mike let _____________ taste the food.

The answer choices include the subject pronouns, she and I, and also the object pronouns, her and me.

The verb would be let, so I'm assuming her and me are correct grammatically, but it doesn't sound right but that may just be because the word taste is right after that. Thoughts?

Sorry to just be seeing this now. the easy way to figure this kind of thing out is to just use one of the pronouns in the sentence. "Mike let I taste the food" doesn't work. that's how I always resolve the me/I issue is by using just that pronoun in the sentence. Whichever one fits by itself, works together with the other pronoun (chosen the same way).
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:36 PM   #7131
molson
General Manager

Valentine's Day is one day I'm glad I'm single. I mean, I'm not in denial, I'd rather be in a good relationship than be single, but I've always hated valentine's day regardless.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #7132
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Every time I hear 'Channing Tatum' I think it should be a woman. Like a cross between Stockard Channing and Tatum O'Neal.

This.

Easy way to remember who he is: buffed dude with no neck and big ears.
Quote:
Old 02-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #7133
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Valentine's Day is one day I'm glad I'm single. I mean, I'm not in denial, I'd rather be in a good relationship than be single, but I've always hated valentine's day regardless.

+1,000

It just seems like a very fake, made up day. I guess what I'm trying to say is: You shouldn't need to have a 'special' day of the year for the one that you love or the one that you like to do the hokey pokey with.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 02-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #7134
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:

I'm not big on any holidays, but the greeting card ones really get on my nerves.

I don't need a special day to tell my wife I love her. I tell her 8 times a day.
I don't need a special day to tell my wife she is a good mother. We thank her for what she does all of the time.
I don't need a special day to be told I'm a good dad. I know I am and I know they appreciate it.

What makes Valentine's Day even worse is when one of your friends does something over the top spectacular for his wife and she gushes about it all over facebook. It leads to bad expectations for other husbands and wives.

Last edited by spleen1015 : 02-14-2012 at 01:43 PM.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:54 PM   #7135
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I'm not big on any holidays, but the greeting card ones really get on my nerves.

I don't need a special day to tell my wife I love her. I tell her 8 times a day.
I don't need a special day to tell my wife she is a good mother. We thank her for what she does all of the time.
I don't need a special day to be told I'm a good dad. I know I am and I know they appreciate it.

What makes Valentine's Day even worse is when one of your friends does something over the top spectacular for his wife and she gushes about it all over facebook. It leads to bad expectations for other husbands and wives.

IMO, even worse is the need to post the picture of the flowers you got on facebook. It wasn't enough that your man confirmed his undying love for you by sending the flowers, but you need you friends to comment on said undying love? Because it's not really for him...pretty sure he could give a crap what your friends/co-workers think about him.

tl;dr attention whores are annoying.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #7136
sabotai
General Manager

It's annoying, but everything will be back to normal in a few days and those people will be bitching about money being tight and how the bills are piling up and how they just don't where all their money goes...
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #7137
Logan
Head Coach

Valentine's Day is stupid because it makes people feel shitty unnecessarily. My fiancee's friend had a real out of nowhere breakup with her boyfriend a few days ago...today didn't exactly help her recovery efforts.

Then again, when I was single, Valentine's Day was always a great time at the bars. Granted I was only successful about 20% of the time, but it was still a lot of fun.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:02 PM   #7138
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:

+1

And you touch on something else, and that's being in a good relationship. To me: good relationship > single > average relationship

It seems like most people are: good relation > bad relationship > single > horrible-abusive-with-potential-for-murder relationship
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:20 PM   #7139
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

We gotta kneecap the motherfucker who sends a bunch of flowers. Makes the ole dick in a box seem like a lousy gift.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:27 PM   #7140
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
We gotta kneecap the motherfucker who sends a bunch of flowers. Makes the ole dick in a box seem like a lousy gift.

Seriously. Makin us all look like chumps because he wants his knob gobbled.
Quote:
Old 02-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #7141
molson
General Manager

Quote:

At that point, it's best to point out to your wife that maybe your present wasn't as good, but she's also not as hot as the other wife (if that's the case).
Old 02-14-2012, 07:22 PM   #7142
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
What makes Valentine's Day even worse is when one of your friends does something over the top spectacular for his wife and she gushes about it all over facebook.

Maybe I'm a cynic (ok, there is no maybe I am definitely a cynic) but to me that usually means "Oops sorry I missed your b-day/anniversary" or "I'm getting some really hot strange on the side. So hot I want to keep getting it. So I ordered her some flowers, a bottle of champagne and some lingerie. That made me feel guilty I got you nothing so I ordered you some flowers too. I love you, wifey"
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:56 PM   #7143
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

One of the many things I love about being married to my wife is that she thinks nothing of Valentine's Day.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:00 PM   #7144
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

A guy in my feed got married a couple of months ago so I think he's winning the whole "Look at what I did for V-Day" aspect. Granted, I still don't know what that thing was on her plate so I'm guessing he's not much of a cook.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:27 AM   #7145
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I get a fair amount of junk emails asking for political donations. This, however, is the first one whose subject line made me laugh out loud:

URGENT: Corruption in Washington.

Um, this word "urgent"? I do not think it means what you think it means.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:54 AM   #7146
JediKooter
Coordinator

Headline on Yahoo news: "Vietnam man next to crying child opens plane door"

Vietnam man? Seriously? They have 5th graders doing the news now?

Old 02-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #7147
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:

I'm in denial.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #7148
molson
General Manager

I'm not a huge fan of taxpayers funding sports stadiums, but I can see where some it could sometimes arguably be "worth it", as a new great stadium can be really beneficial for a city.

But it's a little surreal to see the Chicago Cubs threatening to move their short season A-ball team from Boise unless the taxpayers fund a new stadium for them. I mean, go die in a tire fire Cubs. Why should any city pay a billion dollar sports franchise to develop players in front of empty stands? There's almost zero return for the city.

Last edited by molson : 02-16-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:20 PM   #7149
RendeR
Coordinator

Well depending on how the city does things it COULD actually be a huge benefit for them. Look at the Charlotte Triple A team, they got a huge deal to build a fantastic stadium, and yes they play to half empty seats most days but the city and anyone connected to it has the right to use the stadium for events, shows, concerts etc etc.

The City of Charlotte and mecklenburg (sp?) county make out great on that. (even though the stadium is technically in South Caroline if I remember right) I lived down there in '94.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:34 PM   #7150
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Well depending on how the city does things it COULD actually be a huge benefit for them. Look at the Charlotte Triple A team, they got a huge deal to build a fantastic stadium, and yes they play to half empty seats most days but the city and anyone connected to it has the right to use the stadium for events, shows, concerts etc etc.

The City of Charlotte and mecklenburg (sp?) county make out great on that. (even though the stadium is technically in South Caroline if I remember right) I lived down there in '94.

I could see Boise maybe investing in a nice stadium if there was a possibility of landing a AAA Pacific Coast League team, but for short-season A ball, we're talking less than 1,000 fans most nights, and a 2 1/2 month season. If the Cubs can find a city to pay for a brand new stadium for that, they should take the deal but also probably worry about the financial stability of that city.