Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-20-2013, 06:19 AM   #1
DougW
High School Varsity

Watching football on CPU

So, I have direct TV & the NFL Package - so I can watch most games on my CPU. What the package doesn't cover is any game that is on TV (the 1 or 2 Sunday day games, the Thursday, Sunday and Monday night games ... including my local Lion games) - (those are all blacked out from my direct TV on the internet).

I work Sunday and Monday evenings, and often have cpu access - so I could watch those games - but they are all blacked out.

Is there anyway to get access to those games that are blacked out of my direct TV ? I would have to be able to set it up to different computers (I don't always work in the same workstation.)

I've heard of slingbox, and think that may be an option. Any thoughts/other ideas ?

DougW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:07 AM   #2
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

I know there are programs that will change your ip location. I would assume that direct tv is tied to your ip (you may want to confirm that if you're interested in this idea). You can then move your ip to another location where the games you want aren't blacked out (although it sounds as though that will only help you with the lions games).
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:37 AM   #3
DougW
High School Varsity

EDIT : ADD : I can access my direct TV just fine - for watching movies, my NFL package, or other shows it features. Just not live streaming of certain chanels (specifically sports broadcasts). /EDIT

I'd be really interested in the idea of "slingbox" that I have in my head - which is something that would enable me to stream my TV to a computer. But, from what I am understanding (and I VERY WELL COULD BE WRONG) - slingbox just sets up to your own other media devices (laptop, ipad, phone - etc). Which wouldn't work. We have internet here - but not wi-fi. And the internet is hooked to these work computers .. So, I couldn't slap my laptop online, etc.

Anyone know anything like that ?

Last edited by DougW : 09-20-2013 at 11:39 AM.
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #4
StLee
High School Varsity

You can use your slingbox from your work computer. You just have to log in to your account. My slingbox has been on the fritz, so I can't use it until I make a trip back to the States, but I have watched it from my personal laptop and my work computer.

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:25 PM   #5
Desnudo
Coordinator

Hit or miss on share quality, wiziwig is your best bet
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote