Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-31-2013, 01:27 PM   #1351
saldana
Pro Starter

[ooc]i honestly dont even know what day/part of the cycle we are in...i dont know if i can send PMs right now or not[/ooc]
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:54 PM   #1352
Danny
Head Coach

Pardon me Mr Baelish, do you have any milk of the poppy
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:59 PM   #1353
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

*snicker*

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:18 PM   #1354
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Pardon me Mr Baelish, do you have any milk of the poppy

my lord Tyroin, alas I do not typically have wares of that nature, perhaps Maester Pycelle could help you, no?

I do however, have a number of other "diversions" that I believe might interest you.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:31 PM   #1355
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

For those of you who haven't discovered this yet, my PMs are generally cleared out up through yesterday's deadline now. So if you have questions or orders you want to submit, please resubmit them. If you didn't get a bounce back from me when you sent the PM, don't worry, I have your PM.

I thought you all would find this interesting. Per my spreadsheet where I have kept track of PMs, I have 1236 PMs logged, with another 20-30 or so still in my PM box. Crazy.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:15 PM   #1356
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

FINAL VOTE TALLY DAY 5

Ser Cortnay Penrose (Darth Vilus): Cersei (Narcizo), Stannis (Autumn), Florent (claphamsa), Melisandre (bulletsponge), Davos (InBlue), Robb (Coffee Warlord), Bolton (JAG), Karstark (Bug), Theon (Julio Riddols), Joffrey (Zinto), Jaime (bhlloy)-- 13 1/2 votes

Ser Axell Florent (claphamsa): Penrose (Darth Vilus), Brienne (fontisian), Renly (path12)-- 4 votes

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:19 PM   #1357
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

It seems like it happened so long ago, considering a war has been fought and a rebellion has risen since the last Enemy of the Realm vote.

But a vote did happen, and it was a landslide. It seems that King Renly's Hand of the King Ser Cortnay Penrose has not found favor with the rest of the land. He has been declared an Enemy of the Realm!

King Renly, you have until 10 a.m. EST (7 a.m. PDT) Monday morning to decide Ser Penrose's fate.

In the meantime, Penrose may choose to Flee.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:23 PM   #1358
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

GREYJOY LANDS

Pyke (Coastal)--family home of Balon Greyjoy
Harlaw (Coastal)

Both Pyke and Harlaw are Productive Lands.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:26 PM   #1359
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

DEADLINE FOR DAY SIX IS 5 P.M. EST (2 P.M. PDT) MONDAY

My GF is in town for the weekend through Monday (at least), so I am setting this up earlier in the day on purpose, as she will probably be busy in the day and then she and I will go out at night.

But this also allows this to be pushed back a bit if needed as well. I am hoping that won't be necessary, given a weekend.

I am still sending out PMs with your deadline results, but you're all free to PM and connive and scheme all you like.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:28 PM   #1360
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

As noted...

King Robb Stark has named Lord Rickard Karstark his new Hand, replacing the headless Lord Roose Bolton.

Upstart King Balon Greyjoy has named his son Theon Greyjoy as his Hand of the King.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:41 PM   #1361
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
As noted...

King Robb Stark has named Lord Rickard Karstark his new Hand, replacing the headless Lord Roose Bolton.

Upstart King Balon Greyjoy has named his son Theon Greyjoy as his Hand of the King.

Spoiler for Sunday night's episode below.

Spoiler
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:44 PM   #1362
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

people voted for me? fuckers!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:51 PM   #1363
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

That's "fonters!"
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:18 PM   #1364
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm going to try to hold off until we get all the reports from Chief before I start sending messages and emissaries, just so that possibly interested parties know.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:34 PM   #1365
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I'm going to try to hold off until we get all the reports from Chief before I start sending messages and emissaries, just so that possibly interested parties know.

[ooc] same here [/ooc]
Old 05-31-2013, 10:02 PM   #1366
The Jackal
Coordinator

[ooc] Yeah I had a pretty busy day at work, we can have a nice, relaxing, message-filled, parlaying weekend. [/ooc]
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:36 AM   #1367
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, I'm going to go ahead and get started. I worry that my bannermen won't have the availability before deadline if we don't get parlaying quickly.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:17 PM   #1368
fontisian
College Prospect

Renly, Stark: Any news?
Old 06-02-2013, 05:06 PM   #1369
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Heh. Take a look at how many posts there have been this weekend. That should tell you.

We haven't gotten our troop/money updates either, so it's rather hard to negotiate.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #1370
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Things should be fast and furious tomorrow.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:42 PM   #1371
InBlue
n00b

[ooc] In the meantime, I found this amusing and somewhat relevant: Diary Entries from Game of Thrones Characters - CollegeHumor Article [/ooc]
Old 06-03-2013, 01:11 AM   #1372
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Upstart King Balon Greyjoy has named his son Theon Greyjoy as his Hand of the King.[/b]

The first page post does not reflect this.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:52 AM   #1373
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Lord Penrose - you have an opportunity to leave your liege now. It seems likely that your lord will be involved in war again in the near future. Such a war would like as not be a death sentence for you. Not for Lord Renly, mind, but for you. The best you can hope for is that you are captured and are made the bannerman of another of the kings. If you flee then you will be accelerating the process, but while you are on a free foot you cannot be killed in war.

I make no bones about my emnity for Lord Renly. However this doesn't lessen the truth of what I am saying. If you stay loyal to your liege then you will die soon. And why would you remain loyal to a lord who has made a sow's ear of the business of diplomacy. It is through no fault of your own that you have been forced into a war against the Starks and Stannis. Flee while you can! There are plenty other houses who will accept a new bannerman.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:02 AM   #1374
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Lord Stannis. You must be feeling rightfully thankful for the assistance provided by Lord Stark. But consider the lessons of the battle recently fought on your lands. It seems to me that you will always be at a disadvantage while you lack the manpower to fight. You will never be able to attack another lord on your own as your enemy will be able to retreat to an area lacking in coastline, negating the value of your fleet.

I ask, in the spirit of friendship, how you intend to defeat Robb Stark. It strikes me we have all underestimated Starks diplomatic prowess. He positioned himself expertly during the initial alliance against my son - making himself mediator between the two fractious brothers. Thus, when the Lannisters had been displaced, both brothers turned to him for his support - allowing him to make the alliance he wanted. Now it seems that Renly is mortally wounded, just as Joffrey is. This is perfect for Stark - he has seriously weakened the two houses that more than matched his military might - leaving you as his primary rival. And I think we know how things will go should it come to open war between Stark and yourself. If you would be king then you have to find yourself more fighting men.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:02 AM   #1375
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

So many things to do, so few ravens.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:22 AM   #1376
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

[ooc] alright...game back on! [/ooc]
Old 06-03-2013, 08:53 AM   #1377
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Lord Tywin,

I received your raven, and am holding my reply until later in the day.

Varys
Old 06-03-2013, 10:05 AM   #1378
path12
Coordinator

Sorry for the accidental click Stark thread.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:08 AM   #1379
path12
Coordinator

King Robb -- message received. Interesting. (ooc) very busy morning, i'll be gone for a bit.... (/ooc)
Old 06-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #1380
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I think we all need to collectively inform our employers that we have far more pressing matters than doing what we're paid for - the fate of Westeros is at stake here people.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:13 AM   #1381
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I can only send one message. But for the one I sent a raven to this morning I wanted you to know that I had already submitted that order that way.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:34 AM   #1382
The Jackal
Coordinator

In response to the questions posed, the near is likelier than the far, though hard to say with discussion yet to have taken place.

One would imagine divesting would be the wiser course.

To all others:

The Greyjoys await word and begin to send emissaries.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:47 AM   #1383
The Jackal
Coordinator

[ooc] I'm off to work, my first of three 1:30 - 10:00 shifts this week. Woo. Participation during those shifts is spotty, depends on how busy things are. [/ooc]
Old 06-03-2013, 12:04 PM   #1384
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

One imagines in the future one might find oneself on some form of transportation where the hoi-poli around one would chattering away into some form of distance communication (teleraven, perhaps) but one would only hear one side of the conversation. And it would feel much like his.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:23 PM   #1385
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

If any of the claimants were to contact me today, there might be interesting matters to discuss.

Much is afoot in Westeros, both out in the open, and in the shadows. Allegiances are shifting, and all wait to see where Tywin Lannister and the Greyjoys will ally themselves.

[ooc] FYI Greyjoys - Balon gets one free raven to me everyday [/ooc]
Old 06-03-2013, 12:38 PM   #1386
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

There is in fact nothing afoot out in the open.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #1387
path12
Coordinator

For the record (sorry, forgot this earlier) -- as has been stated what seems like every day, I am not getting rid of my bannermen due to votes by those who would see us destroyed.

KING RENLY RETAINS SER PENROSE
Old 06-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #1388
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

While we all know winter is coming....can we not have it in June?
Old 06-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #1389
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

completely unrelated question. what was so shocking about last nights GOT? doesnt it follow the book? dont people who care enough to get all cranky on facebook read the books first?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-03-2013, 01:57 PM   #1390
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
completely unrelated question. what was so shocking about last nights GOT? doesnt it follow the book? dont people who care enough to get all cranky on facebook read the books first?

Saw a great GIF for this earlier:

Old 06-03-2013, 02:07 PM   #1391
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

[ooc]

Yes

and

No

[/ooc]
Old 06-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #1392
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

King Renly Baratheon has chosen to ignore the demands of the realm and chosen to keep Ser Courtnay Penrose in his retinue.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:28 PM   #1393
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Several emissaries have gone forth, and I am fine with this. I'll break down who is visiting who in a second.

I wanted to let everyone know, however, that, as most of you have presumed, it is okay to begin the various emissary rules and conversations without my say so. Just be sure to follow the rules.

1. PM me (emissary or King) and let me know, even if I am not around or don't react right away.

2. The emissary must immediately leave their own house thread and can only read the main thread.

3. They can no longer PM with their King (if they are Hand).

4. They may immediately begin PMing with the target King.

5. When you are done (emissary), send me a PM that you are done and cease PMing with the target King.

6. You may then return to your house thread and, if you're a Hand, return to PMing with your King.

7. No bannerman can emissary more than once per day, and doing so also precludes them from being sent to capture or raid that day. Of course, this does not apply if your emissary duties carried over to a second day.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:32 PM   #1394
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Several emissaries have gone forth, and I am fine with this. I'll break down who is visiting who in a second.

I wanted to let everyone know, however, that, as most of you have presumed, it is okay to begin the various emissary rules and conversations without my say so. Just be sure to follow the rules.

1. PM me (emissary or King) and let me know, even if I am not around or don't react right away.

2. The emissary must immediately leave their own house thread and can only read the main thread.

3. They can no longer PM with their King (if they are Hand).

4. They may immediately begin PMing with the target King.

5. When you are done (emissary), send me a PM that you are done and cease PMing with the target King.

6. You may then return to your house thread and, if you're a Hand, return to PMing with your King.

7. No bannerman can emissary more than once per day, and doing so also precludes them from being sent to capture or raid that day. Of course, this does not apply if your emissary duties carried over to a second day.

for #3... we still get our free PM of the day right?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #1395
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
for #3... we still get our free PM of the day right?

Yes.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:41 PM   #1396
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The banner of Dragonstone was seen in King's Landing, but it is believed to now be returning home.

It appears that the Red Keep had two sets of visitors who had to kept apart, because in addition to Dragonstone, Storm's End also appears to be in discussions with King Joffrey.

A Dragonstone flag appears to have made its way up to Winterfell and the Starks.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:53 PM   #1397
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

See, I should totally be able to drag JAG's corpse up beyond the wall and have him re-animated as an Other. Undead bannermen are where it's at.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #1398
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The Wolf banner has been seen in the Pendric Hills. It appears that House Stark still searches for Tywin Lannister.

Old 06-03-2013, 03:01 PM   #1399
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Are we still on for a voting deadline in an hour?
Old 06-03-2013, 03:08 PM   #1400
Autumn
Head Coach

Whoa, for real? I missed that, lol.