Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-08-2005, 12:03 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

WSM06: Redemption

First the technical matters to cover before I delve into the actual storyline.

I'm posting a warning that I MAY have to restart/end this dynasty IF a huge bug comes to light that might ruin the fidelty of the universe. However, this game was so much fun last night that I can't wait to dive into a "real game." I checked the bugs and general forum at SI and I just don't see many significant bugs being reported over there. I don't know much about the new training or any of the other new features, but that is ok. I think it will simulate my character's lack of experience as a pro soccer coach.

I'm going to start out unemployed. My goal is to get a job in the MLS, make the team productive, and eventually coach the USA to glory...

However, if at some point a very big team comes calling, I may go there to better prove myself as a coach (yes, that means you Manchester United - although I think it would be odd to have two Manchester United dynasties, so I would prefer it to be another big team, if I ever leave the MLS.)

Since, I'm starting out as a relatively inexperienced unemployed coach, I would consider going to a small team for a year or two of experience. However, my short term goal is to be hired by an MLS team.

I'm including many leagues. Specifically, I'm including 61 leagues in 42 countries at normal detail levels. The "big soccer" countries I'm simming 2 or 3 leagues deep (England I'm going down to League Two.) The only countries I didn't include are in Africa, Oceania, and Asia.

I think that covers most of the technical issues. Time to get to our story.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 12:08 PM   #2
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
The only countries I didn't include are in Africa, Oceania, and Asia.

Ummmm... continents?

-Chas
Old 11-08-2005, 12:09 PM   #3
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I argued with myself before I started writing this. My agent told me, "Jack, you are going to be a famous manager one day. You'll want to keep notes for your memoirs. You can make big money selling a book one day."

I laughed in his face. I was a washed up college coach. I had a big profile job, but there was the scandal. Who would hire me? I'm 41. I haven't coached soccer for 5 years. Sure, I used to be in the spotlight as much as any soccer coach. Sure, I was a media darling before my fall, but would anyone ever hire me?

Danny was sure they would. He has had me writing several articles in various magazines analyzing tactical issues. I've also done some recent work as an American scout for Fulham. Of course, they didn't pay me much. They knew they didn't need to do so. I helped scout several big names and I did get a bit of praise for that. However, there is a big jump from scouting to coaching again. Would any team give me my chance for redemption?
Old 11-08-2005, 12:57 PM   #4
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec 31, 2004 -

So, it has been over 3 months since I started writing these memoirs. 3 months of seeing my name passed over again and again. Time to start a new year. Will this year be any better? I doubt it.

January 8, 2005 -

After a week of my ex harping about alimony, it was nice to do some scouting. I attended the MLS Draft Combine and came away impressed by Byron Carmichael. The 23 year old striker showed good speed on the pitch. He is a sturdy 6'0 165 pounds and he not only moves well but he has a good shot. He is a player to watch for the future.

Jan 10, 2005 -

On the 9th no one really impressed. However, on the 10th, Byron Carmichael again impressed me with a nice showing. Fulham will be getting a positive report on him. Jeff Moore a 24 year old midfielder born in NJ who also showed some potential. He is a 5'10 165 pound midfielder who is fairly strong and very determined. He plays with a great deal of intensity.

Jan 12, 2005 -

The Combine is over. I've prepared my reports on the most promising players. Hopefully, Fulham will be pleased and will say good things about me to potential employers. Many jobs have been filled in the last few months and I haven't even had a sniff.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:10 PM   #5
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 1, 2005 -

Still no job offers. I'm hoping that I can at least get a job as a coach on a staff for this upcoming season if I can't become a manager.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:28 PM   #6
Ramzavail
College Starter

http://webpages.marshall.edu/~carmichael2/

Was wondering if you were using real players, this answers it.

Last edited by Ramzavail : 11-08-2005 at 02:28 PM.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 02:52 PM   #7
gkb
High School Varsity

Just a quick (stupid) question...where did you buy your copy of WSM06 from?
Old 11-08-2005, 03:06 PM   #8
BYU 14
Coordinator

I am reticent about including too many leagues, but what I am considering is still quite a bit smaller than your setup. How fast are things moving day to day for you at this size?
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 03:07 PM   #9
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 1, 2005 -

I call up Danny and ask if he still thinks I'm going to get a job this year as a manager.

He replies, "Well, I might be able to get you a job in Wales as a coach with a team. Are you interested?"

I ask, "What are my options?"

He replies, "You could take another college job, however, I still think that you are going to get a job in Major League Soccer. Analysts are touting your articles and you are getting some play in the media."

I decide to keep waiting for a job in the MLS and pass up applying for that Welsh job.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:08 PM   #10
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14
I am reticent about including too many leagues, but what I am considering is still quite a bit smaller than your setup. How fast are things moving day to day for you at this size?

It's moving kind of slow. I almost debated re-starting with a smaller setup. I think for ideal speed, I'd go with about half of the leagues I have now and I have a monster computer. Oh well, I'm reading a good book while waiting for things to process. Also, once I get a team, it shouldn't be so boring
Old 11-08-2005, 03:09 PM   #11
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkb
Just a quick (stupid) question...where did you buy your copy of WSM06 from?

Digital Download using the link in the FM Impressions Thread (page 10 I believe.)
Old 11-08-2005, 03:31 PM   #12
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

OOC Note:

DARN DARN DARN! The game just crashed to desktop while I was simming. I got some access error and poof, it was gone. I was foolishly only saving every month and I was on March 28th.. least I haven't gained any significant history to lose yet..

Edit: Just to clarify, this was using the digital download version of WSM 06.

2nd Edit: Apparently, it crashed just after saving for the month! WOO HOO! Least I didn't lose any time

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-08-2005 at 03:38 PM.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:46 PM   #13
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 1, 2005 -

My mood sours as no club seems even interested as hiring me in a coach. The MLS season starts in a day, and I won't be working for any of them. It looks like my lot is to remain a scout for Fulham for now. I wonder if Danny is correct and teams are going to remember my past coaching victories? Or are they only going to remember the scandal and never hire me?

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-08-2005 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:19 PM   #14
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 2, 2005 -

I watched the D.C. United beat Columbus 2-0. Nick Van Sicklen, a 22 year old winger dominated the match and scored both goals.

I also watched my favorite team, the MetroStars, lose to Kansas City 2-0. Josh Wolff and Chris Klein scored K.C.'s goals.

April 5, 2005 -

I watched New England beat Los Angles 1-0 behind a goal by Pat Noonan. Clint Dempsey took a nasty elbow from Cobi Jones and looks like he will probably be out for a while.

April 6, 2005 -

I watched the MetroStars crush FC Dallas 5-2. 18 year old striker Abbe Ibrahim had a hattrick in the game. That kid can fly and I'd really love to coach him.

April 9, 2005 -

Today I watched the MetroStars lose to Columbus 2-1. Edson Buddle had both goals for Columbus. Abbe Ibrahim had the MetroStar's only goal.

April 16, 2005 -

The MetroStars beat New England 3-1 behind 2 goals from Ibrahim who is clearly a very talented player. I'll make sure to submit my report to Fulham about him now.

April 20, 2005 -

San Jose beat D.C. United 3-1 thanks to 2 goals and an assist by Brian Ching.

Adu looked good at times in this game. In 5 starts and 3 relief appearances, the 15 year old has 1 goal and 3 assists.

Aprill 23, 2005 -

D.C United beat the MetroStars 2-0 thanks to goals by Dema Kovalenjo and Clyde Simms.

April 27, 2005 -

The MetroStars beat Chicago 2-1. Youri Djorkaeff scored on a penalty and Eddie Gaven scored the deciding goal. I really like the look of Gaven. He is an 18 year old American Player who has a high all around skill level. In 6 starts, he only has 2 goals, but he has the potential to score many more.

April 30, 2005 -

Abbe Ibrahim missed a penalty shot and it cost the MetroStars as they lost 2-1 to Kansas City. Eddie Gaven scored the MetroStar's only goal of the game.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:41 PM   #15
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 7, 2005 -

The MetroStars lost to Columbus 1-0 on a goal by Eddie Robinson.

I also watched D.C. United beat Chicago 2-1 on goals by Lucio Filomeno and Dema Kovalenko. Lubomir Reiter scored the goal for Chicago.

May 14, 2005 -

The MetroStars lost to Los Angeles 1-0. Landon Donovan had LA's only goal. I find myself sort of hoping the MetroStars lose so they might make a coaching change.

May 18, 2005 -

The MetroStars were beaten by New England 4-1. Daniel Hernandez had 2 goals and an assist for New England. Shalrie Joseph and Jose Cancela scored their other goals. Ante Razov scored the MetroStar's only goal.

May 21, 2005 -

The MetroStars lost to San Jose 2-1. Abbe Ibrahim had the MetroStar's only goal. Ronald Cerritos had both of San Jose's goals.

May 28, 2005 -

D.C. United beat the Metrostars 2-0. Jaime Moreno and Lucio Filomeno scored the goals.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:04 PM   #16
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 11, 2005 -

The MetroStars beat Colorado 1-0. Ante Razov scored the only goal. Eddie Gaven twisted his ankle in the match and will probably miss a few weeks.

Razov is starting to impress me, but he already 31, and I question how many more years he can perform well.

June 15, 2005 -

Chicago beat the MetroStars 2-0. Jesse Marsch and Lubomir Reiter scored the goals.

Carlos Mendes of the MetroStars fractured his wrist in the match and will miss at least a month from what the TV reporters are saying.

June 18, 2005 -

Salt Late beat the MetroStars 1-0. Byron Carmichael who was drafted by Salt Lake had the game's only goal.

June 25, 2005 -

The MetroStars were beat by Kansas City 2-0. Pat McGinnis and Antti Sumiala scored the goals for KC.

The season is now officially half way over. Here is a look at the standings table as in the morning paper:

PosInfTeamPldWonDrnLstForAgG.D.Pts
1stKansas City169522815+1332
2ndNew England167451920-125
3rdD.C. United166461817+122
4thChicago166372222021
5thColumbus165472025-519
6thMetroStars1640121527-1212

1stSan Jose168262122-126
2ndLos Angeles167452013+725
3rdSalt Lake165831811+723
4thColorado166461717022
5thFC Dallas166372326-321
6thChivas USA162952127-615
Old 11-08-2005, 05:32 PM   #17
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 2, 2005 -

The MetroStars lost to Columbus 4-2 today. Abbe Ibrahim had both of the Metrostars' goals. John Wolyniec had 2 goals for Columbus. Cornell Glen and Knox Cameron each had a goal as well.

July 9, 2005 -

Today the MLS All Star Game is on TV.

The West is starting Clint Mathis of Salt Lake and Landon Donovan of Los Angeles up front.

Brad Davis of San Jose is on the left wing, Ramon Ramirez of Chivas USA and Kyle Martino of FC Dallas are in the middle. Cobi Jones of Los Angeles is on the right wing.

Greg Vanney of FC Dallas is at left back, Douglas Sequeuira of Chivas USA and Nat Borchers of Colorado are at centreback. Chris Albright of Los Angles is at right back.

Kevin Hartman of Los Angeles is in goal.

For the East, Cornell Glen of Columbus and Antti Sumiala are at striker.

Freddy Adu of DC United is at left wing, Chris Armas of Chicago and Clint Dempsey of New England are in the middle, and Steve Ralston of New England is at right wing.

Gonzalo Segares of Chicago is at left back. Bobby Boswell of DC United and Jorge Samuel Caballero of Chicago are at centreback. Frankie Hejduk of Columbus is at right back.

Jonny Walker of Columbus is starting in goal.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:46 PM   #18
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The East started off the game with a strong move by Glen to pass the ball into the box, but the West's defense held strong.

At the 5 minute mark, Albright made a great move past a defender and passes a long ball into the box which Mathis headed into the upper right corner of the net for a goal to make it 1-0.

At the 8 minute mark, Glen had a goal disallowed because he was offside.

At the 19 minute mark, Sumiala found Adu just left of the box with a great pass, but Adu shot it over the bar.

At the 30 minute mark, Albright passes to Donovan in the right half of the box and he headed it to Cobi Jones. Cobi dribbled past a defender and shot a goal into the upper right corner. The West took a 2-0 lead on that goal.

At the 34 minute mark, Adu made a good pass into the box for Sumiala who headed it, but the keeper made the save.

At the end of the first half, the West was up over the East 2-0.

At the 56 minute mark, Adu passes to Sumiala in the box and he shot from 8 yards out but the West keeper made another very solid save.

At the 61 minute mark, the West subbed Simo Valakari of FC Dallas and removed Kyle Martino.

At the same time, the East took off Steve Ralson and Antti Sumiala. They put on Kerry Zavagnin of KC and Youri Djorkaeff of the MetroStars.

At the 70 minute mark, the East put Lucio Filomeno of DC United on for Adu.

At the same time, the West took our Brad Davis and Clint Mathis. In their place, they put on Roberto Mina of FC Dallas and Jovan Kirovski of Colorado.

At the 88 minute mark, Donovan made a great dribble past two defenders, crossed it for Kirovski who was outjumped by the keeper.

The game ended with a 2-0 win for the West All Star Team.

Chris Albright won the MVP Award for the All Star game.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:27 PM   #19
jbmagic
Pro Starter

great dynasty.

is there an advantage having a lot of leagues?
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 05:00 AM   #20
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Are you doing all of your leagues on detailed or some on basic? I think your rig probably has the muscle do that many league if you turn some (half?) down to basic. Like, in countries you aren't likely to be headed for. That's just my thought.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 05:07 AM   #21
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
is there an advantage having a lot of leagues?
Primarily, greater number of players available. And more employment opportunity.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:07 AM   #22
daedalus
Pro Rookie

A dynasty destined to be so nice, I had to dola twice.

As an aside, have you found any cool downloads (skins, balls or other graphics) yet?

Last edited by daedalus : 11-09-2005 at 05:08 AM.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:28 AM   #23
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Yesterday afternoon, before I got too far into the dynasty (only 2 weeks) I turned about half of the leagues down to basic (the "lesser" leagues.) The game is moving quite a bit faster now, so you were spot on Daedalus. Trying them all on full at first just wasn't working for my patience level.

I haven't found any downloads that I really like, yet.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:44 AM   #24
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus
A dynasty destined to be so nice, I had to dola twice.

As an aside, have you found any cool downloads (skins, balls or other graphics) yet?

I'm working on this daed, since I don't plan on starting a career just yet, I'll make sure I make my game sweet before I'm ready to hit the "make new game" for real

I found a file with 15 different game balls over at sortitoutsi. I plan on using the Roteiro one that looks a lot like the Chrome Pro I use for FM2005 and that I pimped in these parts In the 15, they also have the Nike ball used by the EPL and some other "official" balls, kinda cool...

I'm still undecided on what skin I'll settle on. I've downloaded the Aurora2006, the Turnstyle one and the E2 one, all available on sourtitousi...

Now back to your regularly scheduled program

FM

FM
Old 11-09-2005, 08:54 AM   #25
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Yesterday afternoon, before I got too far into the dynasty (only 2 weeks) I turned about half of the leagues down to basic (the "lesser" leagues.) The game is moving quite a bit faster now, so you were spot on Daedalus. Trying them all on full at first just wasn't working for my patience level.

I haven't found any downloads that I really like, yet.

EF, what do you mean by "turned about half the leagues down to basic"? Did you restart your career or were you really able to do this switch in-game?

FM
Old 11-09-2005, 11:45 AM   #26
daedalus
Pro Rookie

I downloaded that one (the one with 15 game balls). Haven't installed it yet.

Have you tried the pre-made Chameleon one? I wouldn't say it's great but not bad, either. I'm going to have to try to get a new background picture one of these days.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:52 AM   #27
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus
I downloaded that one (the one with 15 game balls). Haven't installed it yet.

Have you tried the pre-made Chameleon one? I wouldn't say it's great but not bad, either. I'm going to have to try to get a new background picture one of these days.

Chameleon is the one I'm using right now, out of the pre-made ones. The capuccino one is way to light for my taste and the metallic is kinda bland. I'll have to play around with the three I've downloaded before I make a choice though...

FM
Old 11-09-2005, 11:55 AM   #28
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

I'm using the Aurora skin right now -- anybody else? I like it much better than the default FM look (which after a while just got too "cookie-cutter" for my liking.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:00 PM   #29
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
I'm using the Aurora skin right now -- anybody else? I like it much better than the default FM look (which after a while just got too "cookie-cutter" for my liking.

Aurora, from what I remember, I liked very much, although I'd have to apply the tweak to make the player skills a different color from level to level (i.e. 1-5 one color, 6-10 another, and so on with 11-15 and 16+) and I thought it was a bit hard to read...

FM
Old 11-09-2005, 12:07 PM   #30
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
Aurora, from what I remember, I liked very much, although I'd have to apply the tweak to make the player skills a different color from level to level (i.e. 1-5 one color, 6-10 another, and so on with 11-15 and 16+) and I thought it was a bit hard to read...

FM

Could you tell me how to make the change, as that sounds l ike something that would be helpful!
Old 11-09-2005, 12:08 PM   #31
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Could you tell me how to make the change, as that sounds l ike something that would be helpful!

I will, once I get it done on my copy

I should play with this tonight...

FM
Old 11-09-2005, 12:09 PM   #32
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

dola, there's a couple files on sortitoutsi that you could download and you could figure it out by yourself if you're s inclined though. Look in the "utilities" section I think...

FM
Old 11-09-2005, 07:23 PM   #33
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
EF, what do you mean by "turned about half the leagues down to basic"? Did you restart your career or were you really able to do this switch in-game?

FM

I mean I restarted since it was only 2 weeks in. Fortunately, no significant history changed.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:24 PM   #34
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

I looked at the soccerballs that FM mentioned and downloaded them. Forgot to mention that as a mod. I didn't see any others that I particularly wanted yet.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:08 PM   #35
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 10, 2005 -

I read an article in the local newspaper that suggests coach Bob Bradley of the MetroStars is under presure and might be fired soon. I decide to do write some more articles for the various soccer magazines that will hopefully show my tactical abilities.

Later that evening, I watched the 6th placed Chivas USA team face off against the 6th placed MetroStars. The game ended in a 1-1 tie. Youri Djorkaeff scored the MetroStars goal at the 85 minute mark to even the score at 1-1. Chris Thomas scored for Chivas USA.

July 11, 2005 -

I watched Los Angeles beat DC United 2-0 on goals by Ugo Ihemelu and Herculez Gomez.

July 16, 2005 -

The MetroStars were crushed by FC Dallas 6-1 today! Ante Razov scored the Metrostars only goal. Kyle Martino scored 2 goals, CArlos Ruiz, Richard Mulrooney, Ronnie O'Brien, and Abe Thompson all scored a goal for FC Dallas.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:31 PM   #36
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 23, 2005 -

It feels wierd to cheer against my hometown team, but that I do. I watched with a bit of happiness today as New England defeated the MetroStars 4-0. Perhaps, I'll somehow convince them to take a shot on me if they fire their coach. Pat Noonan scored 2 of New England's goals. The others were scored by Daniel Hernandez and Shalrie Joseph.

July 24, 2005 -

WOW! It happened sooner than I thought. Bob Bradley has been fired by MetroStars GM Steve Cohen. The media believes USA Coach Sigi Schmid will likely be the new Head Coach. Allan Simonsen, Andreas Kopke, and Ebbe Skovdahl have also been linked with the team.

I know with the scandal in my background, my chances are slim, but I prepare a presentation and apply for the job with all haste.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:44 PM   #37
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 24, 2005 -

Salt Lake beat Chivas 2-1, but I could hardly pay attention to the game as I prepared my pitch to the team.

July 25, 2005 -

Steve's assistant called me back. He told me that I wasn't even on the short list, and I wasn't being brought in for an interview.

The indignity! Steve couldn't even bother to call me himself. It is now becoming clear that I will have to consider managing overseas or in South America to help rebuild my reputation.

July 27, 2005 -

The MetroStars have named Sigi Schmid their new head coach.

July 30, 2005 -

I watched with only a trace of bitterness as Sigi lost his first game as head coach of the MetroStars 4-1 to Los Angeles. Landon Donovan had a goal and 2 assists for Los Angeles. Joseph Ngywenya had 2 goals for LA. Ante Razov had the MetroStar's only goal.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:03 PM   #38
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 31, 2005 -

Sao Paulo has fired their coach and I decide: What the heck. I'll apply.

August 3, 2005 -

The Sao Paulo board has informed me that they won't be bringing me in for an interview, but thanks for the interest.

Aug 6, 2005 -

Sao Paulo FC has hired Zetti to be their new head coach.

The MetroStars beat San Jose 4-3. Abbe Ibrahim had a great game in which he had an assist and 3 goals for the MetroStars.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:00 PM   #39
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 7, 2005 -

I watched Arsenal beat Chelsea 2-1 in the English Community Shield. Thierry Henry scored both goals for Arsenal.

Aug 13, 2005 -

The MetroStars got an early goal from Ante Razov and then played very conseratively to beat DC United 1-0.

Aug 20, 2005 -

The MetroStars beat Chicago 3-1 today. Youri Djorkaeff had 2 goals and Eric Quill had the other goal for the victors.

Aug 27, 2005 -

KC dominated the MetroStars 3-1 today. Brian McBride scored first, and Scott Sealy had the last 2 goals for KC.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:14 PM   #40
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

September 1, 2005 -

Another month passes in which I haven't had any sniffs for a job. I've been contemplating quite a bit. If I don't get the next MLS opening that comes along, I'll have to really strongly pursue coaching in another country, no matter how bad the team is.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-12-2005 at 09:31 PM.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:18 PM   #41
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

September 10, 2005 -

New England crushed the MetroStars 3-1 today. Taylor Twellmen had 2 goals and Clint Dempsey chipped in on the 3rd. Razov had the MetroStars' only goal.

I awake the following morning and take a look at the standings as the MLS regular season is hitting the home stretch:

1stNew England2613853727+1047
2ndKansas City26111053827+1143
3rdD.C. United26115103231+138
4thColumbus2679103035-530
5thChicago2678112833-529
6thMetroStars2671183056-2622

1stLos Angeles2713863420+1447
2ndFC Dallas27116104539+639
3rdSalt Lake2781273126+536
4thSan Jose27105123743-635
5thColorado2797112933-434
6thChivas USA2761383536-131

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-12-2005 at 09:31 PM.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:54 PM   #42
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 17, 2005 -

Los Angeles lost to Columbus 1-0 on an early goal by Knox Cameron. Los Angeles lost Cobi Jones to an injury early in the game, and the announcers think he will miss a few weeks likely.

New England tied Salt Lake 0-0.

Colorado beat the MetroStars 1-0 on a goal by Eric Denton.

Sep 21, 2005 -

New England played on the road to a 1-1 tie with KC. Jamie Holmes scored for NE while Scott Sealy scored for KC.

The MetroStars beat Columbus 3-0 on 2 goals by Razov and a goal by Ibrahim.

Sep 24, 2005 -

New England lost to Columbus 2-0 today. David Testo and Edson Buddle scored for Columbus.

DC United beat the MetroStars 3-0 on 2 goals by Mauricio Piersimone and one by Clyde Simms. Freddy Adu injured some knee ligaments a few matches ago, and will be out for the remainder of the regular season at least.

Los Angeles handled Colorado 3-1 thanks to a goal and 2 assists by Landon Donovan.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:17 PM   #43
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 1, 2005 -

Los Angeles dominated Chicago 3-1. Landon Donovan had a goal and an assist in the match.

New England beat Chivas 4-2 behind a hattrick from Taylor Twellman.

Salt Lake and the Metro Stars played to a scoreless tie. Ante Razov was injured early in the match. In the post game interview, they said that he will likely be out for the rest of the regular season.

Oct 8, 2005 -

New England played to a 0-0 tie with FC Dallas.

Kansas City beat Salt Lake 3-1 to take over 1st place.

Los Angeles lost to DC United 1-0 on a goal by Lucio Filomeno.

There is only 1 more regular season game left for each team. The playoff picture is set in the Eastern Conference, but the Western Conference is still wide open.

Oct 15, 2005 -

The MetroStars tied Chicago 1-1. Sergio Alejandro Galvan Rey scored for MS while Lubomir Reiter scored for Chicago.

KC tied Columbus 1-1.

NE beat DC United 2-1 to take back first place. NE's goals were scored by Khano Smith and Jamie Holmes.

Los Angles lost to Salt Lake 3-2. Salt Lake's Byron Carmichael had a goal and an assist. Landon Donovan had a goal and an assist for LA.

Here is a look at the final standings of the regular season. Of note Salt Lake's win propelled them into the last playoff spot:

Eastern Conference

1stQNew England32151164433+1156
2ndQKansas City32141264832+1654
3rdQD.C. United32156114638+851
4thQColumbus32912113742-539
5thChicago32811133542-735
6thMetroStars3283213465-3127

Western Conference
1stQLos Angeles3215894227+1553
2ndQFC Dallas32128125146+544
3rdQColorado32118133743-641
4thQSalt Lake3291493533+241
5thChivas USA32913105148+340
6thSan Jose32116154657-1139
Old 11-13-2005, 11:26 AM   #44
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 22, 2005 -

Today we have playoff soccer!

First up is the first leg of the East Conference Semi-Final match between New England and Columbus at Columbus.

At the 5 minute mark, Columbus took an early lead when Buddle stole the ball from Romaneiro deep NE's zone. Buddle dribbles into the box and shot it into the lower left corner for the early goal.

At the 37 minute mark, NE returned the favor when Twellman stole the ball from the Crew's defender deep in their box. Twellmen took two dribbles and unleashed a monster shot into the upper left corner for a goal to even the score.

At the 41 minute mark, NE's Cancela intercepted a pass, quickly passes it ahead to Marcos Romaneiro who played a perfect through ball to Twellmen. Twellman passes to Holmes on his right who shot it into the upper right corner for a goal to give NE the 2-1 lead.

Just before the end of the half, Reis started a quick counterattack for Columbus wit a quick pass to Chad Marshall. Marshall passes the ball down the length of the pitch to Buddle. Edson Buddle faked out the keeper and shot into the lower left corner for a goal to make it 2-2.

At the 57 minute mark, Clint Dempsey stole the ball deep in the Crew's zone, he threaded a pass between two defenders to Twellman who spun around a third defender and shot into the lower left corner for a goal to make it 3-2.

The game ended as a 3-2 win for New England.

In the other Eastern Conference Semi Final First Leg Match, KC tied DC United 1-1 at RFK Stadium

Time to watch one of the Western Conference Games.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-13-2005 at 11:26 AM.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:38 AM   #45
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The Western Conference Semi Final First Leg Match between Los Angeles and Salt Lake was a much more defensive minded affair.

At the 5 minute mark, Salt Lake's Jamie Watson dribbled down the right sideline, before crossing it deep into the box. Byron Carmichael rose above all of the defenders and headed the cross into the upper right corner for the lone goal. Salt Lake held serve at home but only won 1-0 which probably doesn't fill them with too much confidence going into the second leg.

In the other match, FC Dallas beat Colorado at Mile High 2-1. DAllas had goals by Greg Vanney at the 11 minute mark, and by Richard Mulrooney at the 37 minute mark.

October 22, 2005 -

Lens has fired Francis Gillot. However, I feel that club is too prestigious to even apply for that job.

Flamengo has fired Andrade. That club is also too prestigious for me.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:39 AM   #46
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

What jobs have you applied for so far?

Good work!
~rpi-fan
Old 11-13-2005, 11:45 AM   #47
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 29, 2005 -

Today I switched from the NE game to the KC vs DC United game.

NE dominated defensively and won 1-0 on a late goal by Pat Noonan to win 4-2 on aggregate.

KC and DC United went into the match tied 1-1.

At the 16 minute mark, Scott Sealy charged down the right sideline with the ball, he crossed the ball but Dema Kovalenko headed the ball out of bounds. Hue took a throw-in to Sealy. Scott crossed it the far post where Sumiala headed the ball into the upper left corner for a goal.

At the 38 minute mark, Scott Sealy hit the ball back to Brian Carroll who passes it to Jermaine Hue on the left side of the field. Hue tried crossing it, but Kenny Arena blocked it. The ball bounced to Sealy who shot a lower liner into the right corner for a goal to make it 2-0.

At the 59 minute mark, Clyde Simms scored on a long range strike, but that was the end of the scoring and KC advances to the Conference Finals to face the Revolution.

I watched the Los Angeles vs Salt Lake match in LA. Salt Lake kept 9 men back all day and played very defensively. Landon Donovan became frustrated and started pressing which led to turnovers. Salt Lake held on for the 0-0 tie and advances on an aggregate of 1-0!

FC Dallas beat Colorado 1-0 at home to win 3-1 on aggregate and advance to play Salt Lake.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-13-2005 at 11:47 AM.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:47 AM   #48
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What jobs have you applied for so far?

Good work!
~rpi-fan

Just the MetroStars and Sao Paulo.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:06 PM   #49
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 30, 2005 -

Tranmere has fired Brian Little and they are in danger of being relegated from League One. I'm tempted by this job and decide to put out some feelers to see if they are interested (despite my thoughts that I should perhaps wait a bit longer for a possible MLS opening.)

November 1, 2005 -

Reading has announced the firing of Steve Coppell and immediately announced the hiring of Stanley Menzo.

Nov 2, 2005 -

My feelers have informed me that Tranmere has NO interest in hiring me.

Nov 3, 2005 -

Tranmere has hired Mark Hateley as their new head coach.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:14 PM   #50
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2005 -

I have a choice of watching FC Dallas vs Salt Lake or New England vs KC. I watch the New England match.

New England is at home and starts out pressing the attack. The Wizards play defensively for the first 15 minutes and weather the heavy pressure.

At the 20 minute mark, Vicek passes to Jermaine Hue on the wing. Hue quickly passes to Scott Sealy. Sealy made a great move on Daniel Hernandez to beat him. Sealy then crossed it to Sumiala. Sumiala with open space, he shoots from 16 yards out. The keeper dives, but it is past him. Kansas City takes an early 1-0 lead!

At the 30 minute mark, Dempsey found Twellmen in the box, but Twellmen shot over the bar.

Kansas City went into halftime with a 1-0 lead.

In the second half, NE came out pressing, but it backfired at the 47 minute mark. Victorine stole the ball from Twellmen passed it 50 yards up the field to Hue who quickly fired a through pass into the box. Sealy got to it first and shot, but the keeper blocked it. Sumiala shot the rebound, it deflected off a defender, but still went into the right side of the net for a goal to put KC up 2-0.

The Revolution pressed for the next 45 minutes, but the KC Wizards played very defensively and held on for a 2-0 win!

In the Western Conference Finals, Salt Lake shocked FC Dallas in Frisco TX. Salt Lake dominated start to finish and won 4-1. Particio Camps was a key player with 2 goals and an assist.