Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
What the hell just happened..
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:16 AM   #352
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
And both Jag and Autumn were active leading up to deadline where as I agree with you that it seems more likely the wolves were sitting back. They are not cleared by any means, but I'd look elsewhere for now.

Ol Buddy and partner of mine from long ago.. from your "go for bhlloy voters" suggestion what do you think of adding Lathum to that mix? He took his name off the bhlloy list at the very last second and put his vote on someone who had a very believable alibi? Granted, small hind sight he saved us from offing a roled player but still that's about as strange a day one voting pattern if I ever saw one, is it not?
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:48 AM   #353
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Don't think you can really read too much into Lathum's move one way or the other. If anything I think it gives him a bit more credibility as I have a hard time seeing a wolf putting himself out there in a villager-villager tie.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:10 AM   #354
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Morning boys!

Waiting on a couple more night actions, we'll get Day 3 formally started soon, I hope.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:32 AM   #355
J23
College Benchwarmer

I'd suggest holding off on discussion until day 3 actually starts btw..
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:43 AM   #356
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Wow. Mega ball of suck.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:46 AM   #357
Autumn
Head Coach

Whoa, crazy stuff. I will confirm that I had no idea something liek that would happen. I think the idea was right up above that they had the ability to end a day early. Whether they suspected bhlloy had a role, or just got lucky, I don't know. I wish I had cast a better vote now!
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:49 AM   #358
Autumn
Head Coach

I've got to head out for a few hours. I don't know where I'd vote, but I would agree that Saldana is not a good choice at this point, even though I had been thinking of going there earlier.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:59 AM   #359
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
I'd suggest holding off on discussion until day 3 actually starts btw..

Not really an option for me, unfortunately as I'll have limited access from now on. But in theory I agree with you.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:03 AM   #360
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Night actions are in, processing, will kick off Day 3 soon.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:12 AM   #361
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

As the disturbing effects of the Emergency Temporal Shift wear off, you hear the distant screams of one of your own. Danny appears to have not fully survived the time dilation effects terribly well. He is fading in and out of existance, here one minute, and a ghost the next.

Just as his image begins to stabilize, you hear the terrifying echoing words, "EXTERMINATE!", and a beam of energy fires directly into Danny's chest, causing him to crumple to the ground. He once again fades away, lost in time and space.

Danny was a Citizen of the Industrial Era.

As you quickly escape the confines of the TARDIS, you are greeted with the lovely smells of...shit. Good lord, there's a lot of it. And what...why is that old woman swinging cats around? And who is that lunatic ranting about being an autonomous collective? Why are there people banging coconuts together, and where on earth did they get them?

Yessir, you are in the MEDIEVAL Era.

Day 3 has commenced. No more Emergency Temporal Shifts guys, I promise. OR DO I!?!?!

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 04-05-2011 at 09:14 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:21 AM   #362
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Bummer, had a feeling they'd hit him. Odd that we ended up in the Medieval Era. That actually makes me wonder if this was a Doctor action that went bad rather than something done by The Master, since I would've thought they'd want to keep us in the modern or future era. This also means Autumn is the only uncleared on bhlloy (to me), but for now I agree I'd rather take a look at the people who were content to sit back and likely let the village shoot themselves in the foot.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:40 AM   #363
J23
College Benchwarmer

Just quoting this to get it on the current page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
tyketime - mckerney (72)
crimsonfox - J23 (106), zinto (155), bhlloy (171), chief rum (179), saldana (233), thejuggler (240), lathum (284)
bhlloy - autumn (108), crimsonfox (198), ntn (209), JAG (225), danny (261)
eaglefan - darth (153)
ntndeacon - narcizo (122), eaglefan (157)
saldana - daddytorgo (158), dubb (170), dwardzala (207)

mckerney votes tyketime 72
J23 votes CrimsonFox 106
autumn votes bhlloy 108
bhlloy votes eaglefan 113
narcizo votes ntn 122
ntndeacon votes mauboy (127)
lathum votes bhlloy (130)
mauboy votes ntn (15)
saldana votes dwardzala (151)
darth vilus votes eaglefan (153)
zinto votes crimsonfox (155)
eaglefan votes ntndeacon (157)
daddytorgo votes saldana (158)
crimsonfox votes saldana (165)
thejuggler votes bhlloy (168)
dubb votes saldana (170)
bhlloy unvotes EF, votes CF (171)
danny votes bhlloy (175)
danny unvotes bhlloy (176)
chief votes crimson fox (179)
danny votes crimsonfox (189)
ntn unvotes mauboy (197)
crimsonfox unvotes saldana, votes bhlloy (198)
dwardzala votes saldana (207)
ntn votes bhlloy (209)
danny unvotes crimsonfox (222)
danny votes ntndeacon (224)
JAG votes bhlloy (225)
saldana unvotes dwardzala, votes crimsonfox (233)
danny unvotes ntn, votes crimsonfox (237)
thejuggler unvotes bhlloy, votes crimsonfox (240)
danny unvotes crimsonfox, votes bhlloy (261)
lathum unvotes bhlloy, votes CF (284)
Old 04-05-2011, 09:43 AM   #364
thejuggler3
Mascot

I really expected to be targeted for moving onto Crimson. I'm like the show Top Gear (ambitious but rubbish).

Anyway, this looks to be a pretty rough game. Have to go over some posts to see if there's anything we can figure out...
Old 04-05-2011, 09:57 AM   #365
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejuggler3 View Post
I really expected to be targeted for moving onto Crimson. I'm like the show Top Gear (ambitious but rubbish).

Anyway, this looks to be a pretty rough game. Have to go over some posts to see if there's anything we can figure out...

I'm with you on not seeing much to go on right now, especially with almost no voting record from day 2.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:09 AM   #366
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Hey - on the bright side - at least we didn't lose two people in D2/N2...just the one (right - or did I forget something).

*grasping at straws here*
Old 04-05-2011, 10:27 AM   #367
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

getting caught up real quick, crazy night but I guess that is to be expected.

I'm not so ready to give Autumn a pass, we had a game a while back where someone who was able to end the day phase early did right after their vote. It is a clever way to hide out in the open.

Combine that with him voting a known villager and he is far from clear for me.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:36 AM   #368
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
getting caught up real quick, crazy night but I guess that is to be expected.

I'm not so ready to give Autumn a pass, we had a game a while back where someone who was able to end the day phase early did right after their vote. It is a clever way to hide out in the open.

I agree on not giving him a pass, if they found out bholly was the body guard it could be worth exposing a wolf like that, either through having Autumn be the one who could end the day or putting him out there or a vanilla or vanilliaish wolf.

The only thing that confuses me there is that I suspect the wolves didn't have a kill because they didn't get their kill in with what happened last night, which I suspect they'd be prepared for while ending the day early. Could be that Autumn pulled it on his own and wasn't able to send qn order afterwards. Even though the wolves could be setting up Autumn I'm not sure I see a better candidate right now.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:36 AM   #369
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
I agree on not giving him a pass, if they found out bholly was the body guard it could be worth exposing a wolf like that, either through having Autumn be the one who could end the day or putting him out there or a vanilla or vanilliaish wolf.

The only thing that confuses me there is that I suspect the wolves didn't have a kill because they didn't get their kill in with what happened last night, which I suspect they'd be prepared for while ending the day early. Could be that Autumn pulled it on his own and wasn't able to send qn order afterwards. Even though the wolves could be setting up Autumn I'm not sure I see a better candidate right now.

Not only the wolves but everyone with a night action had to send in their action so regardless if the wolves sent in their action or not right afterwards we would have an extended night period.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:43 AM   #370
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post

As you quickly escape the confines of the TARDIS, you are greeted with the lovely smells of...shit. Good lord, there's a lot of it. And what...why is that old woman swinging cats around? And who is that lunatic ranting about being an autonomous collective?

2 other thoughts on this before getting serious:

1. Knowing CW, it's probably Yak dung we're smelling.
2. Help help, I'm being repressed! Come see the violence inherent in the system! (good work Coffee)
Old 04-05-2011, 11:44 AM   #371
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Even though it would not be typical, I lean toward all 6 bh voters being villagers. Other than me, the other two voters who are alive are Autumn and Jag. I don't see Autumn making that vote and then using an ability. It seems more likely the wolves capitalized on a villager vote.

At first I thought this post was completly wrong but then I saw how spread out the voting was and I am going to say it is not that unbelievable and honestly I would prefer to give Autumn and Jag the benefit of the doubt for a while since they are good villagers if they are actually villagers.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:59 AM   #372
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Looking at the first two NKs, while Danny might've just been because he was coming across as trusted and/or is a good player, it's possible the wolves latched onto him believing CF after CF revealed he had a scanning ability. That certainly seems to be why ntn was targeted (when he said he believed CF as well) otherwise why give us the voting data? Or it could be that both were bhlloy voters (which means I should take out some insurance), either hoping we would focus on the couple remaining targets there and/or keep themselves well obscured wherever they're actually hiding.

I'm not 100% sure where to focus looking for targets. It seems like early voters isnt unreasonable since the bad guys would want to keep us away from The Master if at all possible. I dont care for the fact that mckerney kept his vote all day on an irrelevant target, nor that Tyke didn't vote at all. Still thinking about this I guess.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:12 PM   #373
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Seems like a lot happened since last night but not much talk yet.

We're down 4 players. Sucks that the bodyguard is one of them but I agree with an earlier comment (rushing at this due to work blowing up in my face at the moment) that says we may have picked up a save time era.

Time Ancient
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:14 PM   #374
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I'm kind of hoping The Doctor or Scientist will have something of use for us at some point soon being that we're not off to the best start.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:17 PM   #375
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

For time period I don't have a preference between medieval or ancient, I think we should stay out of Industrial as we lost two citizens from there though.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:52 PM   #376
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Time Ancient

Seems we have the least to lose there if the game was balanced at the start. We haven't lost anyone from the period and Jack not being able to block there is irrelevant now.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:03 PM   #377
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

What a crazy crazy day 2. I'm caught up.

I agree with not giving Autumn a pass. That said I'm not sure what to make of it. It doesn't seem like the best place to end it for the wolves since it reveals a bunch of voting history.

Maybe either the wolves were too exposed on the CF vote and felt they needed to kill another villager off to make more people look bad OR someone know he was the BG.

Quote:
The only thing that confuses me there is that I suspect the wolves didn't have a kill because they didn't get their kill in with what happened last night, which I suspect they'd be prepared for while ending the day early.

I think that ignores the fact that we have atleast one night action that we know of in the doctor. I would hate to give Autumn a free pass because we forget that the doctor and maybe some other villagers have night actions that they need to get in too.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:03 PM   #378
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Time Ancient

I feel that with the BG now gone that this becomes the best time for us by default.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:06 PM   #379
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

time ancient
Old 04-05-2011, 01:06 PM   #380
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

In keeping with the time period "I believe I have a cunning plan, m'lord!"

We know that there are five major time specific roles in the game. What if all of the people with those roles revealed that they had one of the roles but not for which time era. The wolves don't know which one to target based on which era we're entering and we get five trusted villagers. So, ok they can target one of these five but at least they won't know which specific one to hit. A trusted circle of five is a big advantage at this stage, really helps narrow the field.

Of course the problem with the plan is if a wolf claims to be one of the five, thus creating six. Then it's a choice of whether we go for a full reveal or, well, don't. If we go for a full reveal then we lose the time specific major role that we're heading to but we get a villager vs wolf stand-off and eventually bag a wolf. If we don't it's always something we can go back to later.

Problem number 2 is that there is a conversion in the game and one of those five will become a prime target for conversion. But, basically, whoever becomes most trusted out of the villagers becomes a target for conversion - I don't know how much we can let the fear of that conversion steer us.

Thoughts on this plan - is it worth it? Any other problems people can see?
Old 04-05-2011, 01:11 PM   #381
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Not a fan of that plan Narc, to easy for a wolf to wedge there way in there. Also, with no BG that group of 5 will get whittled down quick. I think it would likely create more confusion than help
Old 04-05-2011, 01:13 PM   #382
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am going to go ahead and

Vote Autumn

his whole game has been off to me. He thought we should have left it tied yesterday, then he is the only voter and a strange mechanic wipes out a day of voting. Plus he is one of two left alive to have voted for bhlley, a first vote that easily could have been a wolf burying a vote.

Obviously in a game with so much info my vote is subject to change, but we need to get something started here
Old 04-05-2011, 01:20 PM   #383
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

I don't think he's cleared either but I think there are better targets today. Anyone who's played with Autumn a lot know whether he has a tendency to make early votes or was this a one off for the occasion?

Don't really have much time so I'd better vote.

Vote Daddy Torgo

The "what do we all think about revealing era" stuff was ultra-clumsy. Then he got a bit defensive about it and claimed it was some sort of plan to catch a wolf. He kept this vote stuck on Saldana and he was around the board a bit last night without posting anything here. Meta-gamey but there you go.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:27 PM   #384
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Not a fan of that plan Narc, to easy for a wolf to wedge there way in there. Also, with no BG that group of 5 will get whittled down quick. I think it would likely create more confusion than help

I agree. At this point, I don't think volunteering any more information is a good thing for the village.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:27 PM   #385
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

was hoping for more conversation while I am on lunch but not so much I guess
Old 04-05-2011, 02:50 PM   #386
thejuggler3
Mascot

Vote Autumn

Sorry, Autumn. I'm willing to buy into Lathum's arguments. probably going to miss the deadline tonight (maybe not), so should get a vote in while I can.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:03 PM   #387
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Yeah but that's like 5 days - there's masses that can happen in those five days.

Firstly it looks like some of the minor village roles have some minor scanning ability so they'll be able to put those to use, in the right era, without night kill interference. And they'll have a better idea of who to use it on.

Secondly same goes for the Doctor. If the wolves target the revealed major roles that leaves the Doctor and his companion free to do whatever it is they're doing. Losing the Doctor isn't as huge a deal as it might be in a different game but having him night killed is probably not ideal. Of course this plan would work well if Jack hadn't been killed, as it would mean they're not trying to target him with the night kills.

Thirdly, what's going to happen when people start getting votes? People are going to start revealing left, right and centre. Nobody at that stage is going to buy a "I've got a major role" reveal, they'll want specifics. If they get them the votes will bounce to someone else and we'll get the same thing again, until time runs out, someone who isn't around to reveal is targeted or the reveal is deemed good enough. This way we can control the way information is revealed.

Fourthly, do the major roles have such great powers that we have to be thinking about protecting them at all costs. Dunno. They'll have to decide that, but bearing in mind their power is only useful one-fifth of the time I'd have to say it would have to be a pretty great power. Basically it's like one role outing themselves to clear five people. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

So basically I think the argument that it reveals too much information to the wolves to be worthwhile doesn't really hold up. Then there's problem that the wolves can ruin it but adding one of their numbers to the people who reveal. Then we have to decide if it's worth a specific reveal by all the major roles to out a wolf. Again, that seems to be a move worth making - one wolf for one role. Most games you're going to accept that.

The only real problem is the conversion thingy. But there you go. Like I said, whatever method we hit on to get trusted people we're always going to face that problem.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:05 PM   #388
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Anyway, good night all.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:07 PM   #389
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

H damn that sucks, at least Danny was a vanlila villager. well as vanilla as you can get in this game anyways. and medieval? how the hell did we get in medieval?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:19 PM   #390
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I think the logic of going to the ancient periodmakes sense, as far as it's probably where the wolves are weakest from all that we know right now.

As far as who to vote for...hmmm. No thoughts on that yet.

VOTE ANCIENT
Old 04-05-2011, 03:45 PM   #391
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Vote Narcizo

There's just something off about him to me, I don't know what it is but I just have a bad feeling

And I don't really like this runaway time thing either so i'm going for industrial like we were going to do yesterday. How often do runaways actually help?

Time Industrial

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:19 PM   #392
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

time ancient
vote autumn

I would probably vote for DV if it woulddlnt be a fourth candidate. Voting narcziso seems a little odd. I don't think a wolf would be trying to get this much attention with afn idea that he's trying to put across. This will also make it a two vote lead so it should create more action somewhere.

I like lathums thoughts on this.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:27 PM   #393
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

I don't like runaways either:

Vote Narcizo
Time Industrial
dwardzala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:27 PM   #394
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

Reposting since I forgot to bold.

Vote Narcizo
Time Industrial
dwardzala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:29 PM   #395
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Time Ancient

I think I agree with DV, but seems unlikely to get a second time candidate at this point. We all seemed quite confident that Industrial was the way to go. Hopefully after today, we'll be able to use the time mechanic more to our advantage (or at least keep us in a safe zone).

Vote Daddy Torgo

My limited experience has shown that when players get defensive, they are either a wolf or a player with a major role. I'd like to get a better idea one way or the other. I'm definitely not sold on this vote...
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:31 PM   #396
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Time Ancient

will likely be out until deadline
Old 04-05-2011, 05:44 PM   #397
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Presently have a 3 way tie...

2: Autumn
2: Narcizo
2: DaddyTorgo
Old 04-05-2011, 05:49 PM   #398
mckerney
Coordinator

Vote Autumn

Was hoping we'd have something else to go on by now, but it doesn't look like it.

Time Ancient
Old 04-05-2011, 05:53 PM   #399
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I am going to in and out the rest of the night. Probably not around the board much though. I need to get a vote in real quick so I will vote to keep this close.

Vote Narcizo

Not a bunch to this vote other than I can't see voting for DT b/c of his vote yesterday when he voted the same person as I did. I wish there was a better candidate(and to be honest Autumn probably is) but a runaway here doesn't help us much either.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:15 PM   #400
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I think now it's actually:

Autumn 4
Narcizo 3
DT 2