Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-10-2006, 03:52 PM   #601
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
Why is everyone lynching me just to be lynching someone? What is the evidence against me? Yes, I forgot to vote. I coach soccer on Monday and Wednesday and went to practice forgetting about the vote. I was not going to leave practice to go vote for WW.

If someone could give me any evidence for voting other than the whole he forgot to vote deal, I will be impressed.

My reason for lynching you is that you have not contributed much and in order to jail two additional people tonight, we need to lynch someone currently in jail since the jail only holds three people.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 03:58 PM   #602
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
My reason for lynching you is that you have not contributed much and in order to jail two additional people tonight, we need to lynch someone currently in jail since the jail only holds three people.

Those are some real solid reasons right there! Someone has been busy the last day so he has to be a wolf!

Next?
Old 10-10-2006, 04:09 PM   #603
hoopsguy
General Manager

GE, once you are in jail I think that the onus of justification falls on you - as the jailed party - to explain why we should not execute you.

Now that you are in jail we have three choices:
-free you: cool, give us a reason. Right now there appear to be more reasons to free Lathum than to free you
-leave you there: there is a capacity issue in the jail, plus we are negating your ability to take a successful night action if you have one
-lynch you: we can look at who drove the action to have you jailed and lynched

Neither you nor Lathum were happy with the rationalization used by Saldana to put you in jail. I get that, loud and clear. But if we are not taking actions to identify Cowboys - this is achieved through lynch - then we are allowing them to take away from our numbers without an effort at retribution.

Finally, we get to evaluate the choices our Sheriff is making on who to imprison.

Are those solid reasons? Well, not nearly as solid as a seer scan. But I hate the idea of letting the bad guys dictate all the action while we are indecisive and unwilling to take the steps required to acquire information.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:11 PM   #604
spleen1015
Coordinator

I am unsure of my availability this evening, so I am going to get my votes out there now.

ELECT saldana
LYNCH GoldenEagle
LYNCH Lathum
JAIL Racer
JAIL ntndeacon
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:12 PM   #605
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Free Lathum

Obvious reasons there.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:13 PM   #606
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

The reason is that I am not a cowboy. If you lynch me then you will be one less and the cowboys will have killed off someone important to the villagers side. If I was cowboy, don't you think that I would have tried to escape when saldana came and got me? Instead, I did not put up a fight. What does that tell you?
Old 10-10-2006, 04:15 PM   #607
spleen1015
Coordinator

Why are we giving Lathum a free pass here? Anxiety has said that with his knowledge he would assume Lathum is a bad guy. Also, we know that Thomkal was killed in the SW. The sheriff arrested Lathum when he was returning from the SW. So, it is possible that he killed Thomkal?

I think I am totally missing something.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:18 PM   #608
Fouts
College Starter

I'm kind of confused why everybody was showing up at Anxiety's house.

Even though I did not elect saldana, I am happy with his selections, as information has come out from it. I will stick with him another day.

elect saldana

Still thinking about lynch and jail votes. Being an actor sounds like a cool role. What information do you get from being somebody else?
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:20 PM   #609
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Why are we giving Lathum a free pass here? Anxiety has said that with his knowledge he would assume Lathum is a bad guy. Also, we know that Thomkal was killed in the SW. The sheriff arrested Lathum when he was returning from the SW. So, it is possible that he killed Thomkal?

On that note, why are you voting to lynch me?
Old 10-10-2006, 04:20 PM   #610
st.cronin
General Manager

FREE LATHUM

NO LYNCH

In the last game, the village actually benefited by not lynching people. That was a different game, but I'm willing to give GE a pass for now.

JAIL FOUTS

If Lathum is to be freed, somebody else needs to be jailed. I think ONLY people suspected of being cowboys should be in jail - I see no reason in this game to use the jail as a 'bodyguard.' I don't especially suspect Fouts.

COT:

Barkeep (mild trust)
Anxiety (moderate trust)
ntndeacon (moderate trust)
Lathum (moderate trust)

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:21 PM   #611
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Does anyone have an up to date vote count? I also think that I am not allowed to vote from jail, is that correct?
Old 10-10-2006, 04:24 PM   #612
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Does anyone have an up to date vote count? I also think that I am not allowed to vote from jail, is that correct?

You are allowed to vote.

knives out
Old 10-10-2006, 04:27 PM   #613
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
On that note, why are you voting to lynch me?

If you are a good guy, then the right thing to do is to unjail you. Unjailing you wastes a night action by the sheriff. Lynching you doesn't. We need to make progress. Technically, we're already a day behind.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:28 PM   #614
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
The reason is that I am not a cowboy. If you lynch me then you will be one less and the cowboys will have killed off someone important to the villagers side. If I was cowboy, don't you think that I would have tried to escape when saldana came and got me? Instead, I did not put up a fight. What does that tell you?

It can tell us one of two things:
1. That you are innocent
2. That there is not a mechanic that allows a Cowboy to "fight back" when they are arrested by the Sheriff

If the Cowboys automatically fight back, then what is the point of jail? Why do we have a two day process to lynch people?

GE, as I stated this morning I'm planning to vote lynch on everyone who gets thrown in jail unless there is a compelling reason to release them. Both Anxiety and NTN seem to be supporting the version of events Lathum put out there. Good enough for me.

You got thrown in jail Night 1, either fairly or unfairly - doesn't really matterr, as the Sheriff did his job and put two people in there. My criteria for releasing someone is for them to convince me that we get more good information keeping them alive than we get if they die. If you were stuck in jail without someone who can support your story/role/cause then you had bad luck in this game.

I agree with you that it has to be annoying for people to just vote for you because you are the one in jail. I'll continue this discussion with you as much as you want to between now and the lynch time, in an effort to extract information that helps you validate your value to the village or use later (one way or the other) if you are on the business end of a noose.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:28 PM   #615
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

ok im finally read up.

why does anyone want to kill GE again? the "make room for 2 more in jail" is a weak ass reason. to kill him we should have a decent reason.

btw i heard nothing and saw nothing last night. i drank too much and Im currently passed out. too drunk to vote for anything, sorry
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:29 PM   #616
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
FREE LATHUM

NO LYNCH

In the last game, the village actually benefited by not lynching people. That was a different game, but I'm willing to give GE a pass for now.

JAIL FOUTS

If Lathum is to be freed, somebody else needs to be jailed. I think ONLY people suspected of being cowboys should be in jail - I see no reason in this game to use the jail as a 'bodyguard.' I don't especially suspect Fouts.

COT:

Barkeep (mild trust)
Anxiety (moderate trust)
ntndeacon (moderate trust)
Lathum (moderate trust)

Nice throwaway vote.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:30 PM   #617
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I am unsure of my availability this evening, so I am going to get my votes out there now.

ELECT saldana
LYNCH GoldenEagle
LYNCH Lathum
JAIL Racer
JAIL ntndeacon

Why Racer? Nothing has struck me with him.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:32 PM   #618
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Why Racer? Nothing has struck me with him.

I get 2 jail votes, so I am voting for the guy that voted for me when I know that I am one of the good guys. I also gave reasons for being suspicious of him ealier in the thread.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:32 PM   #619
hoopsguy
General Manager

Here are the updated lynch votes:

Lathum 1 -- Spleen (604)

GoldenEagle 8 -- Hoopsguy (481), Gramm (500), Barkeep (521), NTN (522), Racer (576), SnDvls (587), Path (590), Spleen (604)

It sounds like Bulletsponge is unable to vote today.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:33 PM   #620
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
ok im finally read up.

why does anyone want to kill GE again? the "make room for 2 more in jail" is a weak ass reason. to kill him we should have a decent reason.

btw i heard nothing and saw nothing last night. i drank too much and Im currently passed out. too drunk to vote for anything, sorry

It's not because of "make room for 2 more in jail". We need to lynch someone and he is one of the two candidates, and frankly hasn't given a reason not to lynch him and instead has just acted annoyed because he was jailed to begin with.

If you don't want to lynch GE you lynch Lathum, and there seems to be others that are willing to put their necks out to give Lathum the benefit of the doubt.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:33 PM   #621
spleen1015
Coordinator

Can one of you guys please explain to me why we're giving Lathum a break? I want to win. So, if he is a fellow villager, I want to remove my vote. Everything I've read leads me to believe he is a bad guy.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:34 PM   #622
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
Nice throwaway vote.

Saldana can jail who he wants. If there's a compelling reason to jail anybody, I haven't seen it.

knives out
Old 10-10-2006, 04:36 PM   #623
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Can one of you guys please explain to me why we're giving Lathum a break? I want to win. So, if he is a fellow villager, I want to remove my vote. Everything I've read leads me to believe he is a bad guy.

Lathum's version of night is supported by two other players. He's almost certainly not a cowboy.

knives out
Old 10-10-2006, 04:36 PM   #624
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

As I understand it, Anxiety and ntn both have information about Lathum from last night that gives them reason to believe he is good. He may have some sort of item that causes them to believe that.

If I'm wrong on that someone please correct me. I haven't been able to follow along as closely as I'd like the last couple days. Stupid work.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:37 PM   #625
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
It's not because of "make room for 2 more in jail". We need to lynch someone and he is one of the two candidates, and frankly hasn't given a reason not to lynch him and instead has just acted annoyed because he was jailed to begin with.

If you don't want to lynch GE you lynch Lathum, and there seems to be others that are willing to put their necks out to give Lathum the benefit of the doubt.

I am not entirely convinced of that.

knives out
Old 10-10-2006, 04:49 PM   #626
saldana
Pro Starter

for me to make a decision, it important to me to know how thomkal died...did anyone else hear gunshots during the night....that knowledge will let me clear lathum 100 percent, or decide to lynch him
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:50 PM   #627
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Saldana is already sheriff. We aren't supposed to elect another one. I am pretty sure we dont have to even talk about the Sheriff race until we want to replace him. So saying Elect Saldana is pretty much a waste of breath.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:50 PM   #628
saldana
Pro Starter

GE, instead of just complainin about bein in the pokey, why dont you do a bit o' explainin to me why i should let y'all out?
Old 10-10-2006, 04:50 PM   #629
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I thought I heard a gunshot, but i am a heavy sleeper, so i went right back to bed.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:52 PM   #630
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I am not entirely convinced of that.

Why, if we don't we just let the cowboys pick us off?
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:53 PM   #631
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Saldana is already sheriff. We aren't supposed to elect another one. I am pretty sure we dont have to even talk about the Sheriff race until we want to replace him. So saying Elect Saldana is pretty much a waste of breath.

If you read back, people were asked to elect the current sheriff (or somebody else) just to know how everyone stood. Plus it gives a voting history.

FWIW, I heard nothing last night.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:54 PM   #632
st.cronin
General Manager

I heard gunshots, as well.

knives out
Old 10-10-2006, 04:55 PM   #633
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Why, if we don't we just let the cowboys pick us off?

People who say we're a day behind are misled. We already have a TON of information - a cot of three people. It's the cowboys who are a day behind.

knives out
Old 10-10-2006, 04:56 PM   #634
hoopsguy
General Manager

Saldana, if you are not certain on Lathum there is the option to hold him for another night. If you use your Sheriff powers you will have to use one of your actions to free him, which means you can only put one new person in the cell, correct? So if you don't feel good about it, leave him for another night and give him two more people to hang out with tomorrow.

Of course, that approach may hinder your actions for Night Three, depending on how many people are lynched and capacity in the jail at the end of the day ...
Old 10-10-2006, 04:57 PM   #635
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

How do you know that NTN or Lathum are not Cowboy's? Do we know that Cowboy's don't have secondary roles?
Old 10-10-2006, 05:02 PM   #636
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
How do you know that NTN or Lathum are not Cowboy's? Do we know that Cowboy's don't have secondary roles?

Certainly it's possible that one of them is a cowboy. But we know SOMETHING about them - we have a lot of information, and we haven't lynched anybody yet. The idea that we have to lynch to get information is not right.

I agree, that we will EVENTUALLY have to lynch somebody. I just don't know that we're there yet.

knives out
Old 10-10-2006, 05:02 PM   #637
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
People who say we're a day behind are misled. We already have a TON of information - a cot of three people. It's the cowboys who are a day behind.

Sure we got some hints, but don't know what was really going on. WW stats show, when the townies don't lynch, the win percentage increases for the wolves.

It is a bad move not to lynch.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:03 PM   #638
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
GE, instead of just complainin about bein in the pokey, why dont you do a bit o' explainin to me why i should let y'all out?

I should be let out because I have role that could potentailly help the townfolk down the line. Saldana, you should be able to confirm that I did not attempt to get away when you came in and arrested me. I am not sure if anyone else can collborate my story at this point. I do not even have a story to be honest. How is lathum being cleared and I am not?

Anyway, I understand I am in jail for not voting. I just think that is a crappy reason to kill someone when they could benefit the town down the road.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:03 PM   #639
hoopsguy
General Manager

Did not hear anything last night, by the way.

I don't yet have a CoT of three people - but I do have at the very least a loose linkage between three people, with one (Anxiety) who seems confident in the other two. I agree it is a good start.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:05 PM   #640
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Sure we got some hints, but don't know what was really going on. WW stats show, when the townies don't lynch, the win percentage increases for the wolves.

It is a bad move not to lynch.

In Barkeep's game, the best thing the village did was not lynch. I realize this is a different game, but what you're saying is not an absolute.

knives out
Old 10-10-2006, 05:05 PM   #641
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I thought cowboys did have secondary roles. And why are we trusting what Anxiety says? He said he THINKS Lathum is a good guy. But he came from the place Thomkal was killed, which is why i definitly dont want him in jail. And I would rather vote to kill him than GE, who we have NO information on whatsoever.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:05 PM   #642
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

So, Lathum why did you assume that you would be jailed and lynched? I thought Saldana was the only one that put forward the idea of jailing you? Was anybody else suggesting that yesterday?
Old 10-10-2006, 05:06 PM   #643
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

lynch lathum
Old 10-10-2006, 05:07 PM   #644
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

*hic*
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:09 PM   #645
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I should be let out because I have role that could potentailly help the townfolk down the line. Saldana, you should be able to confirm that I did not attempt to get away when you came in and arrested me. I am not sure if anyone else can collborate my story at this point. I do not even have a story to be honest. How is lathum being cleared and I am not?

Anyway, I understand I am in jail for not voting. I just think that is a crappy reason to kill someone when they could benefit the town down the road.

Lathum has some support because he said he showed up at Anxiety's door and Chief Rum answered. That has been validated by Anxiety (saying he is the actor and was pretending to be CR) and NTN saying he went to Anxiety's and CR answered the door too.

You didn't vote and nobody crossed path's with you last night.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:09 PM   #646
saldana
Pro Starter

ok, several people heard shots, so assumin thats how tomkal bought it, lathum is clean....when i carted him into the slammer, i relieved him of his six shooter....it was cold, and had not been fired, so lathum could not have shot thomkal.

not sure if i should let him out tonight, or jail two new people, cuz unless GE starts having something to say, w'all are gonna need a rope come nightfall.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:10 PM   #647
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
In Barkeep's game, the best thing the village did was not lynch. I realize this is a different game, but what you're saying is not an absolute.

Was there a special mechanic in that game that made not lynching a good thing? I don't see a benefit in this game.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:11 PM   #648
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

unlynch lathum

And i think he should be freed with that new information, and we should put two more in, one tonight, one tomorrow. But i dont think lynching GE is the right thing to do.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:13 PM   #649
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
unlynch lathum

And i think he should be freed with that new information, and we should put two more in, one tonight, one tomorrow. But i dont think lynching GE is the right thing to do.

Why not?
Old 10-10-2006, 05:13 PM   #650
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
As I understand it, Anxiety and ntn both have information about Lathum from last night that gives them reason to believe he is good. He may have some sort of item that causes them to believe that.

If I'm wrong on that someone please correct me. I haven't been able to follow along as closely as I'd like the last couple days. Stupid work.

I think I know Lathum, I am very confidant about ntndeacon. So my COT looks like this:

Trusted a bunch: ntndeacon
Trusted: Lathum
Everybody Else: In the middle

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote