Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-07-2012, 01:26 PM   #251
MacroGuru
Coordinator

02/16/13 - Frome - Home

Weekly Notes
  • Six games without a win is a new league record
  • Even though we have lost six straight, we are still in 8th.
  • Banton who is out on loan has a fractured wrist
Match Notes
In 2 matches played against Frome we are 0-2, with the 4-1 goal differential. Our form of late has sucked. Hopefully this run at home will help us get into the winning spirit. We are without McCardle (Injury) while Frome is without Hollenbach (Injury) and Heffernan (Injury). Due to our six game streak we are being picked as the losers here.

The break helped rest up the starters.

Odd Down will run a countering 4-1-2-1-2

From will run a 4-4-2

Odd Down Lineup

GK Knight
D Morris / Esdaile / Mullen / Metcalfe
DM Glasgow
M Byrne / Tinker
AM Boakye
ST Cassidy / Eriksen

Subs: Thomas / Forshaw / Murray / Taylor / Ward

Match Time

22' A quick pass to Hanna sees a rocket of a volley from 25m out. GOAL! Frome takes the lead 1-0!

Halftime: A very boring game except for the scrum in the Frome box where we received a no call. Metcalfe and Esdaile would not shut up and the ref hit them both with yellows for insubordination. I tell the players I want to see more from them.

61' Tinker with a rocket from 25m out. It's going to the lower right corner of the net, the Frome keeper barely turns it.

75' Byrne sends a leading pass to Eriksen into the box. Eriksen gets to the ball, makes a move and sends it into the lower right corner of the net. GOAL! Odd Down evens it up at 1-1!

76' We do a triple sub, I need a spark here. Taylor and Forshaw are in for Cassidy and Eriksen. Murray steps in for Tinker.
Odd Down 1 : 1 Frome

Statistic Odd Down Frome
Shots 7 6
On Target 3 1
Off Target 4 2
Blocked Shots 0 3
Woodwork 0 0
Clear Cut Chances 1 0
Long Shots 4 3
Possession 45% 55%
Corners 7 4
Free Kicks 12 13
Throw Ins 19 39
Fouls 9 10
Offsides 4 2
Passes Completed 58% 63%
Crosses Completed 13% 12%
Tackles Won 68% 68%
Headers Won 68% 60%
Yellow Cards 5 0
Red Cards 0 0
Kilometers Run 104.3 100.4
Average Rating 6.67 6.82

Match Analysis
The past few games our first half play has been atrocious and our second has been great. I need a full game from the players and I am not getting it. We picked up 5 yellows this game, with 2 of them for insubordination. I can't tolerate it, I missed the play that Metcalfe and Esdaile were complaining about, but not needed. Eriksen (7.3) was our highest rated and Cassidy(6.0) just played poorly

Odd Down Goals
ST Kent Eriksen (76)

Man of the Match

MC Andrew Hanna (8.3) - 1 Goal, 15/18 passing, 3/3 tackling,
Old 04-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #252
MacroGuru
Coordinator

02/23/13 - Bridgwater - Home

Weekly Notes
  • Seven matches without a win
  • Send Hobbs to Romsey Town on a loan
  • Send Baldwin to Gillford Park as a free transfer
  • Send Tooth to Westbury as a free transfer
Match Notes
This will be the second match between the clubs. The first was a 1-1 draw. We need the win in a big way. We have no players our while Bridgwater is without 3 due to injury. My favorite ref is calling the game Declan Ford. We are picked to win.

I need to give Knight a rest and since we signed a new young GK, it's time to bring him in.

Odd Down will run an attacking 4-1-2-1-2 formation.

Bridgwater will run a 4-4-2 base

Odd Down Lineup

GK O'Connor
D Morris / Ward / Esdaile / Metcalfe
DM Glasgow
M Tinker / Byrne
AM Boakye
ST Eriksen / Taylor

Subs: Knight / Hogarth / Murray / Forshaw / Mullen

Match Time

11' Morris with a cross to far post from the left side. Esdaile goes up and he is pushed down by Billy Stubbs and the referee blows the whistle and points to the spot. PENALTY KICK! Tinker lines up and shoots and it is blocked! A ruined chance!

14' Lenaghan misplays his pass and Eriksen swoops in and steals it. He chips it past the keeper to the left of the net and it goes in. GOAL! Odd Down goes up 1-0!

26' Morris sends to the far post from the left corner. Esdaile goes up and heads it, more of a pass towards goal. Ward goes up on near post to head it into goal. It bounces off of Carroll and his foot, going into the net. GOAL! Odd Down goes up 2-0 on an own goal by Bridgwater!

36' Tinker leads Taylor into the box, Taylor chips it to the right of the goal.

Halftime: 2-0, it's been awhile since we have put together such a dominating first half. It was great and I let the team know I am please. Jack Morris is tired and I can't sub him yet. If he gives me 15 more minutes of clean soccer I will get Mullen or Hogarth in for him.

58' Boakye steals the pass and sends it to Taylor. Taylor leads Eriksen right into the box. Eriksen makes a move and sends it into the back of the net. GOAL! Odd Down is solidifying their lead and move up 3-0!

59' Morris is subbed by Hogarth

62' Bridgwater with a corner kick from the left side sends it to center. The diving header has it going towards goal and O'Connor makes an amazing save.

70' Murray comes on for Byrne.

78' Pitcher sends a bad pass across the box. Taylor intercepts it and makes a move by the keeper and just taps it into goal. GOAL! Odd Down is now up 4-0!

80' Eriksen is tired and subbed by Forshaw

82' Tinker sends it into center. Lenaghan slides to knock the ball away and catches it, sending it past his keeper into the net, another own goal. GOAL! Odd Down is up 5-0!

Odd Down 5 : 0 Bridgwater

Statistic Odd Down Bridgwater
Shots 11 2
On Target 4 2
Off Target 2 0
Blocked Shots 5 0
Woodwork 0 0
Clear Cut Chances 5 0
Long Shots 2 0
Possession 58% 42%
Corners 4 3
Free Kicks 10 16
Throw Ins 30 27
Fouls 11 10
Offsides 5 1
Passes Completed 67% 57%
Crosses Completed 15% 14%
Tackles Won 71% 57%
Headers Won 74% 53%
Yellow Cards 3 1
Red Cards 0 0
Kilometers Run 101.6 99.8
Average Rating 7.62 5.56

Match Analysis
A dominating performance was needed and it is what was received. With two own goals by Bridgwater, they themselves put this game out of reach. It was the pressure we applied non stop on the attack that helped there. The strikers were on fire with Taylor (8.3) and Eriksen (8.8) up there with Ward (8.5) on defense. Only players rated below a 7.0 were Byrne, Murray and Hogarth at 6.8. Tinkers botch at the Penalty will need to be fixed.

Odd Down Goals
ST Kent Eriksen (15, 59)
ST Taylor (79)

Man of the Match
ST Kent Eriksen (8.8) - 2 Goals, 18/22 passing, 3/3 tackles, 3 Shots,
Old 04-09-2012, 06:54 AM   #253
MacroGuru
Coordinator

February News and Notes
Despite not winning for 7 games, the draws kept us up in the table but took us almost completely out of contention. Eriksen has scored a ton of goals for us in his career and he took the Odd Down Career Goal record with his performance last match.

I also asked the board to improve our youth facilities and they have agreed.

Pos Inf Team
Pld Won Drn Lst For Ag G.D. Pts
1st
Almondsbury
32 20 5 7 64 38 +26 65
2nd
Frome
32 17 8 7 59 30 +29 59
3rd
Abingdon Utd
32 17 7 8 51 29 +22 58
4th
Bideford
32 17 7 8 56 39 +17 58
5th
Burnham
32 16 7 9 44 37 +7 55
6th
Gosport
32 14 10 8 49 43 +6 52
7th
Odd Down
32 14 9 9 55 35 +20 51
8th
Bridgwater
32 15 5 12 51 40 +11 50
9th
Poole Town
32 13 9 10 48 39 +9 48
10th
Winchester
32 12 12 8 58 54 +4 48
11th
Swindon S
32 12 10 10 47 48 -1 46
12th
Yate
32 11 9 12 36 46 -10 42
13th
Mangotsfield
32 8 16 8 37 42 -5 40
14th
Clevedon
32 11 6 15 36 47 -11 39
15th
Taunton
32 11 5 16 39 44 -5 38
16th
Dawlish
32 10 6 16 37 45 -8 36
17th
Shortwood
32 7 14 11 48 53 -5 35
18th
Wimborne
32 8 11 13 33 44 -11 35
19th
Totton
32 8 9 15 31 47 -16 33
20th
Paulton
32 5 11 16 32 53 -21 26
21st
Aylesbury
32 4 11 17 35 65 -30 23
22nd
Thatcham
32 4 9 19 28 56 -28 21

Important Dates in March

3/1 - Aylesbury
3/3 - Rusling's Loan finishes
3/4 - Yeovil Reserves (Somerset Premier Cup)
3/5 - Somerset Count FA Premier Cup Semi Final Draw
3/8 - Martin's loan finishes, Shelton's loan finishes, Banton's loan finishes and Halsall's loan finishes
3/9 - Shortwood
3/16 - Burnham
3/23 - Yate
3/30 - Taunton

February Training Report

No one stood out in the past month with training

The following players have failed to impress over the past month:
Jake Cassidy (Tactics)
Callum Byrne (Aerobic)
Julian Keeling (Tactics)

The following youth players have trained well over the past month:
Paul Weaver (Tactics)
Jordan Turner (Strength)
Mick Gibbs (Ball Control)

The following youth players have failed to impress in training over the past month:
Jean-Pierre Luciani (tactics)
Stuart Hopper (Aerobic)
Louis Baverstock (Aerobic)
Old 04-09-2012, 10:48 PM   #254
MacroGuru
Coordinator

03/01/13 - Aylesbury - Away

Weekly Notes
  • The win snaps a 7 game no win streak
  • McCardle resumes full training
  • O'Connor, Ward, Metcalfe and Eriksen named to the Weekly 11
Match Notes
This will be the second match between the two clubs. We hold a 1-0 record over Aylesbury as we won the last game 2-1. We have a full squad back and healthy while Aylesbury will be without three players due to injury. Declan Ford will referee this match. He called a somewhat decent first half last game. We are picked to win with ease.

Odd Down will run an attacking 4-1-2-1-2 formation.

Aylesbury will run the base 4-4-2

Odd Down Lineup

GK O'Connor
D McCardle / Esdaile / Ward / Metcalfe
DM Glasgow
M Tinker / Byrne
AM Ogden
ST Eriksen / Taylor

Subs Knight / Mullen / Morris / Cassidy / Forshaw

Match Time

13' Byrne passes deep to Ogden inside the box. Ogden takes it to the byline and tries to center it. The pass is blocked but Byrne comes streaking in and volley's the ball into the left side of the net. GOAL! Odd Down takes the lead on the melee in the box, 1-0!

Halftime: Not much excitement there other than the scramble for the only goal of the match. Declan Ford is back to form with slamming Aylesbury with 2 yellows in the 1st half.

74' Eriksen and Taylor are subbed by Cassidy and Forshaw. I also sub Morris in for McCardle

76' May to Brotherton on a centering pass. Brotherton hits it hard past O'Connor. GOAL! It is even now by Aylesbury, 1-1!

87' Byrne moves the ball up, gets a lead pass to Forshaw who rockets it from 20m out and bends it right past the keeper. GOAL! Odd Down goes back into the lead, 2-1!

90(+2)' Esdaile with a long pass to Cassidy from a free kick. Cassidy runs underneath and is left one on one with the keeper. He chips it over the keeper. GOAL! Odd Down secures the win moving up, 3-1!

Aylesbury 1 : 3 Odd Down

Statistic Aylesbury Odd Down
Shots 3 11
On Target 2 7
Off Target 0 2
Blocked Shots 1 2
Woodwork 0 0
Clear Cut Chances 1 3
Long Shots 1 2
Possession 50% 50%
Corners 7 2
Free Kicks 17 18
Throw Ins 31 24
Fouls 13 13
Offsides 5 4
Passes Completed 64% 66%
Crosses Completed 5% 21%
Tackles Won 65% 70%
Headers Won 59% 66%
Yellow Cards 5 0
Red Cards 0 0
Kilometers Run 109.0 112.4
Average Rating 6.42 7.19

Match Analysis
A pretty dominating match on our end for most of the game minus the minor screw up by Ward and Morris allowing their goal. Although we dominated, the match wasn't secure until extra time. This squad handled themselves quite well. O'Connor came down to earth with a 6.7 after a rocking debut. The team hovered around a 6.8 average however, Esdaile had an 8.1 and Byrne had an 8.3. Some 7's were sprinkled through the team too.

Odd Down Goals
MC Callum Byrne (14)
ST Jamie Forshaw (88)
ST Jake Cassidy (90+2)

Man of the Match
MC Callum Byrne (8.3) - 1 Goal, 1 Assist, 17/20 Passing, 2/2 Crosses, 3/5 Tackles
Old 04-10-2012, 07:32 AM   #255
MacroGuru
Coordinator

3/4/13 - Yeovil Reserves - Somerset FA Premier Cup Qtr Final (Home)

Weekly Notes
  • McCardle renewed his contract and is signed until 2015
  • Bailey renewed his contract and is signed until 2015
  • GK Tom Rusling loan has finished from Ossett Albion
Match Notes
This will be our first match ever against the Yeovil Reserves. Yeovil is an nPower League 2 team, so we will have our hands full. It's only been a 3 day turn around since our last match so starters will get some rest. We are picked to win, which is shocking to me.

Odd Down will play an attacking 4-1-2-1-2 formation

Yeovil Reserves will run a 4-4-2

Odd Down Lineup

GK Rusling
D Morris / Hogarth / Mullen / Bailey
DM Wright
M Murray / Boakye
AM Ogden
ST Cassidy / Taylor

Subs: Knight / Ogden / Davidson / Charlton / Ward

Match Time

11' Murray from the left corner sends it to far post. Mullen goes up for the header and it is blocked and cleared out.

20' Taylor sends a centering cross to Cassidy. Cassidy takes a bit to make a decision and it allows the keeper to get back into position and make the block. Corner kick.

21' Murray from the left corner to far post. Mullen goes up for the header and sends it back to the left, barely missing the net.

37' Clarke from the right corner sends it near post to McDonagh. McDonagh heads it to the lower right corner, the keeper is beat but Morris is there to stop the shot and send it out.

Halftime: Kind of a boring first half except for a couple of exciting plays. Their keeper is playing out of his head. I tell the players to stay sharp, all we need is one goal. I do let Boakye (6.3), Murray(6.2) and Forshaw(6.0) know I am disappointed in their performance today.

48' Boore sends a long pass to Hunter who beats the defenders and Rusling. GOAL! Yeovil Reserves take the lead on a quick goal to start the half. 1-0!

62' Murray chips a pass to Cassidy. Cassidy takes a couple of steps and shoots for the lower right corner. The keeper barely turns it.

72' Wright is subbed by Ogden and he is moved to the MF. Davidson goes in for Taylor.

76' Charlton subs in for Murray and he drops make as another central defender.

78' Cassidy passes to Davidson, Davidson shoots and it is stopped.

Odd Down 0 : 1 Yeovil Reserves

Statistic Odd Down Yeovil Reserves
Shots 11 7
On Target 3 2
Off Target 8 4
Blocked Shots 0 1
Woodwork 0 0
Clear Cut Chances 4 1
Long Shots 2 4
Possession 53% 47%
Corners 7 9
Free Kicks 12 10
Throw Ins 21 29
Fouls 9 12
Offsides 1 0
Passes Completed 59% 60%
Crosses Completed 30% 9%
Tackles Won 65% 62%
Headers Won 69% 70%
Yellow Cards 2 2
Red Cards 0 0
Kilometers Run 106.1 102.3
Average Rating 6.56 6.76

Match Analysis
Not much to say here, our reserves and backups should have won this and they let me down. Some of them are rotation players and were just piss poor. The entire team was told of my disappointment. Cassidy (6.0) and Murray (6.1) were the biggest disappointment and they are first team regulars.

Odd Down Goals

Man of the Match
ST Johnny Hunter (7.3) - 1 Goal, 6/7 Passing
Old 04-10-2012, 10:15 AM   #256
MacroGuru
Coordinator

03/09/13 - Shortwood - Away

Weekly Notes
  • Byrne and Ogden named to the Weekly 11
  • GK Dougie Milne has agreed to a deal with Great Yarmouth on a free transfer
  • Coach Paul Mooney agreed to a contract extension to 2014
  • Coach Robert Curran agreed to a contract extension to 2014
  • Lucas Banton Loan finishes
  • James Martin Loan finishes
  • Neal Shelton Loan finishes
  • Set transfer status of Cassidy and Murray, both weren't happy about and asked for a meeting. They stated they wanted to stay at the club, I told them their play of late has sucked and they said it would turn around. Both of their morale jumped to Very Good.
Match Notes
This is the second match between the clubs. The first match ended in a 1-1 draw. We have a healthy squad and Shortwood is without Howard (injury) and Fitzgerald (injury). This match is picked as an even match. A win here could move us up to 5th on the table. This match is being played on a soggy field during a torrential downpour.

Odd Down will run an attacking 4-1-2-1-2 formation

Shortwood will run a 4-4-2

Odd Down Lineup

GK Knight
D McCardle / Ward / Esdaile / Metcalfe
DM Glasgow
M Tinker / Byrne
AM Banton
ST Eriksen / Cassidy

Subs: O'Connor / Taylor / Morris / Forshaw / Mullen

Match Time

8' Banton receives the pass from Eriksen, moves around the top of the box, knifes in and shoots to the left side. GOAL! Odd Down goes up 1-0 off of a shot by the traveling Downer!

15' Eriksen is offside and his goal is waved off.

22' Tinker shoots for the lower right side of the net, it hits the post and dies. The keeper is on the ground and can't get to the ball. Cassidy sends it into the back of the net.And it's waved off...I don't know how but it is.

Halftime: Both Metcalfe and Esdaile received yellow cards and will be sitting next match due to their limits. I encourage the team to take it to Shortwood.

61' McCarthy with a blast from 30m out bends it past Knight. GOAL! Shortwood evens it up with a rocket shot, 1-1!

64' We sub Forshaw in for Banton and Taylor for Cassidy.

66' Taylor is far out heading down towards the byline and sends a a shot or was it a pass towards goal, it has a crazy bend and goes in. GOAL! Odd Down moves ahead 2-1 with a shot from Taylor!

69' Mullen in for Glasgow. Esdaile moves up to the DM spot.

83' Mullen heads out a corner kick and Taylor gets the ball, he blows by the defender and is racing down the pitch when he is tackled from behind by Gillan. The whistle blows an the referee doesn't even wait. Red Card!

Shortwood 1 : 2 Odd Down

Statistic Shortwood Odd Down
Shots 6 7
On Target 3 3
Off Target 3 1
Blocked Shots 0 3
Woodwork 0 1
Clear Cut Chances 1 0
Long Shots 3 2
Possession 56% 44%
Corners 6 2
Free Kicks 16 17
Throw Ins 25 24
Fouls 12 12
Offsides 5 4
Passes Completed 67% 58%
Crosses Completed 22% 22%
Tackles Won 64% 76%
Headers Won 66% 58%
Yellow Cards 2 2
Red Cards 1 0
Kilometers Run 106.4 109.3
Average Rating 6.62 6.79

Match Analysis
Not a dominating performance to say the least. It was nice to get Banton back from loan and see him do well (7.1) Everyone else hovered in the high sixes but Esdaile, and Taylor who had a 7.1 and 7.3 respectively.

Odd Down Goals
AMC Lucas Banton (9)
ST Jamie Taylor (67)

Man of the Match
ST Jamie Taylor (7.3) - 1 Goal, 2/2 Passing, 2/2 Tackles, 5 Run Pasts.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:12 PM   #257
MacroGuru
Coordinator

03/16/13 - Burnham - Home

Weekly Notes
  • 9 Matches left, we sit 6th in the table, A win could move us up to 4th. We are within striking range of promotion.
  • Metcalfe and Esdaile 2 match suspension due to yellow card limit
  • Glyn Halsall loan at Malvern is complete
  • All loan offers for Banton are being rejected, I am going to play him in some first team action.
  • Oldham Boro take GK Rusling on loan.
  • Glyn Halsall resumes training
Match Notes
This is our second match against Burnham, our first was a 1-1 draw. We will be without Metcalfe (Suspended) and Esdaile (Suspended). Burnham have three players out due to being suspended. We are picked to win because we are at home.

Odd Down will run an attacking 4-1-2-1-2 formation

Burnham will run a 4-4-2 formation

Odd Down Lineup

GK Knight
D McCardle / Ward / Mullen/ Glasgow
DM Byrne
M Martin / Tinker
AM Banton
ST Eriksen / Taylor

Subs: O'Connor / Ogden / Morris / Cassidy / Forshaw

Match Time

2' Miller sends a cross to far post to Spacey. Spacey heads it towards goal and Knight collects it.

3' Tinker sends a rocket from 35m out and catches the keeper flat footed. The ball hits the cross bar and ricochets out.

Halftime: What a slow match except for the start. Glasgow and McCardle both receive yellow cards right before the half. Ford wouldn't be who he is if he didn't.

57' Eriksen barely completes a pass to Taylor. Taylor moves into the top of the box and shoots. It looks like it's going to miss but just bends at the last moment. GOAL! Odd Down goes up 1-0 on a shot from their magician!

59' Sub Cassidy in for Eriksen. Eriksen's head is not here right now.

60' Fairbairn sends a centering cross to Hadland who manages to head the ball into goal. GOAL! The match is now even with the Burnham equalizer, 1-1!

69' Foster sends a centering pass to Spacey. Spacey shoots almost point blank and Knight does his best to block the shot and Mullen clears it.

70' McCardle sends a far pass down the left side. Cassidy runs to the ball, beating the defense. He takes the ball into the box and takes his time and pushes it past the keeper to the lower right corner. GOAL! Odd Down moves back into the lead 2-1!

71' Forshaw goes in for Banton and Ogden in for Byrne and moves to the mid.

83' Glasgow throws in to Taylor who passes it back to Glasgow. Glasgow sends a centering pass into the middle. Martin with a diving header and into the right side. GOAL! Odd Down adds another to the lead, 2-1! Martin on his first goal ever for Odd Down!

Odd Down 3 : 1 Burnham

Statistic Odd Down Burnham
Shots 6 16
On Target 5 7
Off Target 0 7
Blocked Shots 1 2
Woodwork 0 0
Clear Cut Chances 0 3
Long Shots 3 9
Possession 44% 56%
Corners 5 4
Free Kicks 9 13
Throw Ins 19 29
Fouls 12 8
Offsides 1 1
Passes Completed 64% 71%
Crosses Completed 10% 17%
Tackles Won 74% 54%
Headers Won 69% 68%
Yellow Cards 2 2
Red Cards 0 0
Kilometers Run 115.0 107.3
Average Rating 7.13 6.66

Match Analysis
Burnham had us on our heels for a lot of the game and I have to give props to Jake Knight (6.8) for his play as a keeper and the rest of the defense. They allowed only 1 goal and it should or could have been more. It was good seeing James Martin come in and make a difference (7.8) and the rest of the veterans handled the job well.

Odd Down Goals
ST Jamie Taylor (58)
ST Jake Cassidy (71)
MC James Martin (84)

Man of the Match
MC James Martin (7.8) - 1 Goal, 11/16 Passing, 7/7 Tackles, 3/3 Headers
Old 04-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #258
MacroGuru
Coordinator

3/23/13 - Yate - Home

Weekly Notes
  • Winning streak of 4 games, unbeaten streak of 8
  • DL Lewis McCardle named to the Weekly 11
  • Supat Rungratsamee is offered to clubs for 6K, he is valued at 12K
  • Callum Byrne suffered a neck injury during training. Sent to a specialist and will be out for 2 weeks.
  • Lucas Banton agrees on a new 2 yr contract, James Martin signs a 2 yr contract
Match Notes
Second match between the two teams. We played to a 1-1 draw in the first match. We are without Byrne (injury), Metcalfe (suspension) and Esdaile (suspension). A win can jump us to 3rd and push for promotion.

The Top 5 in the League look like:
  1. Almondsbury 69 pts
  2. Abingdon Utd 64 pts
  3. Frome 62 pts
  4. Odd Down 60 pts
  5. Burnham 59 pts
Odd Down will run with an attacking 4-1-2-1-2 formation
Yate will run with a 4-4-2

Odd Down Lineup
GK O'Connor
D McCardle / Ward / Mullen / Bailey
DM Glasgow
M Martin / Tinker
AM Banton
ST Eriksen / Cassidy
Subs: Knight / Morris / Boakye / Forshaw / Taylor

Match Time
6' Eriksen passes to Cassidy who makes a run and shoots just wide of the net.

Halftime: Not a lot to go off of in the first half, the players have played decent and McCardle is wore out, so we sub him at half with Morris. We received 3 yellows in the first to Bailey, Eriksen and McCardle.
54' Bailey sends a long pass down the right side and Cassidy gets to it. He moves down and sends a centering pass to Eriksen who heads it just over goal.

57' Tinker to Banton inside the box. Banton moves and taps it to Eriksen, their defender misplays the chance at the interception and Eriksen chips it into the net. GOAL! Odd Down moves up 1-0 due to a Yate mistake!
59' Boakye subs in for a tired Tinker.
68' Morris from the right corner sends it to far post. Mullen goes up for the header and powers it down to the line. The keeper blocks it and it is cleared.
69' Taylor is subs in for Eriksen
Odd Down 1 : 0 Yate

StatisticOdd DownYate
Shots97
On Target20
Off Target42
Blocked Shots35
Woodwork01
Clear Cut Chances31
Long Shots03
Possession47%53%
Corners16
Free Kicks1416
Throw Ins2432
Fouls1210
Offsides44
Passes Completed65%70%
Crosses Completed23%11%
Tackles Won67%66%
Headers Won81%41%
Yellow Cards31
Red Cards00
Kilometers Run110.7107.6
Average Rating6.836.62

Match Analysis
There were some pretty crazy breaks towards goal for both teams that were stopped b the defense. The match may look like it was boring with the lack of chances but some of them were on their way to being spectacular. But you can tell it wasn't that great when the MoM is rated a 7.2.
Odd Down Goals
ST Kent Eriksen (58)
Man of the Match
ST Kent Eriksen (7.2) - 1 Goal, 3 Shots, 17/20 Passing 3/6 Tackles, 3/3 Headers
Old 04-11-2012, 05:26 PM   #259
MacroGuru
Coordinator

03/30/13 - Taunton - Away

Weekly Notes
  • Perth Glory made an offer for 6k for Supat, we accepted, he accepted and he is on his to the Australian Hyundai A-League.
  • After 3 weeks of negotiations and the starting counter offer price at 20K, we were able to needle Horsham YMCA down to 10K for a new MC Awais Ali.He accepts our offer of 75/wk plus 2K signing bonus (He wanted 120/wk originally)
Match Notes
This will be our second match against Taunton. We won the first one 3-0. We have Byrne (injury) out while Taunton is missing Oates (injury). Our new Mid Ali will get his chance to play today. We are picked to win. A win here can moves us up to 2nd.

Odd Down will run the attacking 4-1-2-1-2 formation

Taunton will run a 4-4-2

Odd Down Lineup

GK O'Connor
D McCardle / Ward / Esdaile / Metcalfe
DM Glasgow
M Tinker / Murray
AM Banton
ST Taylor / Eriksen

Subs: Knight / Ali / Boakye / Forshaw / Cassidy

Match Time

4' Esdaile misplays the ball and Ford gets it, he is left one on one with O'Connor and takes his rosy time to kick the ball into the net. GOAL! Taunton is up on Odd Down 1-0 due to an Esdaile mistake.

Halftime: Wow, they are plaing circles around us and the guys are playing piss poor. I question their passion and desire to win this game. we also received 4 yellow cards in the half.

55' Dow takes Taylor down in the box on a breakaway. Dow gets a yellow card but the referee points to the spot. Penalty Kick! Tinker lines up, sends this one into the back of the net in the upper right. GOAL! Odd Down evens it up on the penalty kick, 1-1!

57' Cassidy is subbed in for Eriksen

71' Boakye in for Tinker. Ali in for Glasgow and we move with a 4-3-1-2

88' Ward is injured and we are out of subs. We drop Murray back to the DM spot.

Taunton 1 : 1 Odd Down

Statistic Taunton Odd Down
Shots 4 4
On Target 2 3
Off Target 0 0
Blocked Shots 2 1
Woodwork 0 0
Clear Cut Chances 1 1
Long Shots 0 2
Possession 56% 44%
Corners 5 5
Free Kicks 16 11
Throw Ins 34 20
Fouls 8 12
Offsides 4 4
Passes Completed 68% 58%
Crosses Completed 15% 11%
Tackles Won 65% 69%
Headers Won 78% 70%
Yellow Cards 2 5
Red Cards 0 0
Kilometers Run 102.1 105.6
Average Rating 6.79 6.62

Match Analysis
What an embarrassing game. We came down to Taunton's level which was disheartening. We are lucky we did not lose this game. Eriksen's play was atrocious and I let him know so. We had 1 player above 7 and it was Metcalfe (7.1). With Almondsbury winning this sets our chances at promoting to slim.

Odd Down Goals
Joshua Tinker (pen 57)

Man of the Match
ST Ray Ford (8.1) - 1 Goal, 11/13 Passing
Old 04-11-2012, 08:04 PM   #260
MacroGuru
Coordinator

March News and Notes
We end March strong, and have some talent and depth on the team. Looking at things with 5 games left we can catch Almondsbury, but we need them to lose or draw while we win.

Pos Inf Team
1st
Almondsbury
37 22 7 8 70 43 +27 73
2nd
Abingdon Utd
37 19 8 10 59 35 +24 65
3rd
Odd Down
37 18 10 9 65 39 +26 64
4th
Frome
37 18 9 10 61 37 +24 63
5th
Gosport
37 17 12 8 56 46 +10 63
6th
Bideford
37 18 8 11 61 46 +15 62
7th
Burnham
37 17 10 10 48 42 +6 61
8th
Poole Town
37 15 12 10 53 41 +12 57
9th
Bridgwater
37 17 6 14 56 45 +11 57
10th
Winchester
36 14 14 8 65 59 +6 56
11th
Swindon S
37 13 12 12 51 53 -2 51
12th
Yate
37 12 11 14 41 51 -10 47
13th
Clevedon
37 12 10 15 42 51 -9 46
14th
Totton
37 11 10 16 36 51 -15 43
15th
Taunton
37 12 6 19 44 51 -7 42
16th
Mangotsfield
37 8 18 11 43 53 -10 42
17th
Shortwood
37 9 14 14 52 60 -8 41
18th
Paulton
37 9 12 16 46 57 -11 39
19th
Dawlish
37 11 6 20 40 51 -11 39
20th
Wimborne
37 8 13 16 37 55 -18 37
21st
Thatcham
36 7 9 20 35 58 -23 30
22nd
Aylesbury
37 5 11 21 40 77 -37 26

Important April Dates
4/1 - Rungratsamee officially joins Perth Glory
4/10 - Paulton
4/13 - Clevedon
4/20 - Thatcham
4/27 - Dawlish

March Training Report
The following players trained well over the past month:
Jake Cassidy (Aerobic)
Lucas Banton (Aerobic)

The following players failed to impress over the past month:
Jack Morris (Ball Control)
Joseph Boakye (Tactics)
Shandel Gonsalves (Ball Control)

The following youth players impressed over the past month:
Marc Kelly (Aerobic)
Paul Weaver (Aerobic)
Mick Gibbs (Strength)

The following youth players failed to impress over the past month:
Jordan Bentham (Tactics)
Alex Coulson (Aerobic)
Steven Ferdinand (Tactics)

March Awards
Odd Down Joel Sutton wins March Manager of the month award for 4 out of 5 victories.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:00 AM   #261
MacroGuru
Coordinator

04/10/13 - Paulton - Home

Weekly Notes
  • Byrne resumes full training
  • Marvin Dennis moves on loan to Hansworth
Match Notes
This is the second match between the clubs. We won the first one 3-1. We have everyone back while Paulton is without Blenkinsopp (injury) and Bennett (injury). We are picked to win and it is needed. A win would put us into 2nd place.

Odd Down will run an attacking 4-2-2 formation

Paulton will run a 4-4-2

Odd Down Lineup

GK Knight
M Morris / Martin / Tinker / Banton
ST Eriksen / Taylor

Subs: O'Connor / Mullen / Byrne / Forshaw / Cassidy

Match Time

4' Banton to Taylor. Taylor has them beat and sends his shot wide.

36' Banton to Eriksen. Eriksen then leads Taylor on a run. Taylor is set up one on one with the keeper who charges out, just as he does Taylor chips it over. GOAL! Odd Down takes the lead on a crafty move by Taylor, 1-0!

Halftime: I took a shift and went with the 4-4-2 as I wanted to try attacking up the flanks more and see how well the squad would handle it. They did well as we dominated the 1st half. Taylor is exhausted and we sub Cassidy in for him.

53' Banton sends a centering pass to Eriksen in the middle of the box. Eriksen with the volley wastes no time. GOAL! Eriksen drills it home and puts Odd Down up 2-0!

67' Paulton sustains a second injury and they are now a man down as they have used all their subs.

69' Banton is tired and Forshaw is subbed in for him.

77' Ward is injured and has to be replaced. We sends Mullen in for him.

86' Morris sends it from the right corner to the near post. Esdaile with the header has it blocked and cleared.

Odd Down 2 : 0 Paulton

Statistic Odd Down Paulton
Shots 6 3
On Target 2 0
Off Target 3 2
Blocked Shots 1 1
Woodwork 0 0
Clear Cut Chances 2 0
Long Shots 3 2
Possession 52% 48%
Corners 4 1
Free Kicks 15 15
Throw Ins 23 28
Fouls 12 11
Offsides 3 4
Passes Completed 67% 59%
Crosses Completed 20% 0%
Tackles Won 78% 66%
Headers Won 63% 54%
Yellow Cards 1 0
Red Cards 0 0
Kilometers Run 107.4 102.5
Average Rating 7.17 6.19

Match Analysis
A pretty dominant game for us, but the 4-4-2 our strikers are running more than they normally do with the 4-1-2-1-2 for some reason. They wore out extra quick. Eriksen and Taylor both had excellent games (8.2). McCardle was a demon for us on defense (7.5). I was hoping for a stronger showing from my midfield as Banton was the only one in the 7's with a 7.2.

Odd Down Goals

ST Jamie Taylor (37)
ST Kent Eriksen (54)

Man of the Match

ST Kent Eriksen (8.2) - 1 Goal, 1 Assist, 15/20 Passing, 2/2 Crossing, 2/4 Tackles, 2/3 Headers

Last edited by MacroGuru : 04-12-2012 at 11:35 AM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #262
MacroGuru
Coordinator

04/13/13 - Clevendon - Home

Weekly Notes
  • We sit at 2nd with 67 points. Almondsbury is 1st with 76 points. We must win all of our matches and need Almondsbury to lose or draw all but 1.
Match Notes
This will be our second match against Clevedon who won the first 3-1. We have a healthy squad and Clevedon will be without three players due to injury. We have to win this match and are picked to win due to our current form.

Odd Down will run with a 4-1-2-1-2 attacking formation.

Clevedon will run with a 4-4-2

Odd Down Lineup

GK O'Connor
D McCardle / Esdaile / Mullen / Metcalfe
DM Glasgow
M Boakye / Byrne
AM Ogden
ST Forshaw / Cassidy

Subs: Knight / Murray / Charlton / Eriksen / Banton

Match Time

34' McCardle sends a long pass down the left side. Forshaw out runs the defense to get to it. He has a breakaway but is tackled form behind by Elwell, the whistle blows and Ford has the red card out of his pocket. Clevedon is a man down.

Halftime: A fairly even match. We haven't played out of our head like we need to and I remind the players of that. Cassidy took an injury in the first half and is ready to come out so Eriksen subs on for him.

51' Clarke from the left corner sends it to far post. Douglin goes up for the header and sends it towards goal. It hits the crossbar and is cleared out.

57' Charlton in for McCardle

70' Clarke sends a centering cross to Evans. Evans with the volley. GOAL! The shot surprised everyone. Clevedon goes up 1-0!

71' Byrne is subbed by Murray.

72' Evans beats Mullens, it looks like he tripped him but he gets around and is one on one with O'Connor and he wins. GOAL! Clevedon just set themselves up for the win, moving up 2-0.

85' Charlton is at the lower left by line and sends a centering cross to Murray. Murray chips it in past the keeper. GOAL! Murray brings Odd Down within a score, 2-1!

Odd Down 1 : 2 Clevedon

Statistic Odd Down Clevedon
Shots 5 7
On Target 1 3
Off Target 2 3
Blocked Shots 2 1
Woodwork 0 1
Clear Cut Chances 2 1
Long Shots 2 2
Possession 47% 53%
Corners 3 5
Free Kicks 14 14
Throw Ins 20 30
Fouls 13 10
Offsides 1 4
Passes Completed 71% 68%
Crosses Completed 21% 30%
Tackles Won 71% 77%
Headers Won 73% 56%
Yellow Cards 3 3
Red Cards 0 1
Kilometers Run 107.0 99.3
Average Rating 6.54 7.04

Match Analysis
What an embarrassing performance. We were up a man and were schooled by this team. If anyone wants an example of how to win off of determination, this was it. I have nothing good to say about this. The loss dropped us to 3rd, Almondsbury didn't get the win, but we now have to win out and hope Almondsbury loses.

Odd Down Goals
MC Tom Murray (86)

Man of the Match
ST Louis Evans (8.8) - 2 Goals, 3 Shots, 25/26 Passing,
Old 04-12-2012, 11:00 PM   #263
MacroGuru
Coordinator

04/20/13 - Thatcham - Away

Weekly Notes
  • McCardle reaches yellow card limit, 2 game suspension
  • Aylesbury will be relegated
  • Three wins for us, with 3 losses for Almondsbury and Abingbon UTD would have us tie for promotion and we would win on goal differential.
  • Tom Murray named in the Weekly 11
Match Notes
This is the second match for the two clubs. We played to a 0-0 draw last match. We will be without McCardle (Suspended) while Thatcham will be without Ceesay (injury), Ellis (injury), Akers (injury) and Cromie (injury). We are picked to win.

Odd Down will run an attacking 4-1-2-1-2

Thatcham will run a 4-4-2

Odd Down Lineup

GK Knight
D Morris / Esdaile / Ward / Metcalfe
DM Glasgow
M Tinker / Martin
AM Banton
ST Cassidy / Taylor

Subs: O'Connor / Hogarth / Taylor / Forshaw / Byrne

Match Time

13' Cassidy is attacking from the right side and he sends a centering cross to Eriksen. Eriksen volleys it in. GOAL! Odd Down takes the lead off a superb attack, 1-0!

26' Martin floats a cross towards Cassidy. It is blocked and Eriksen scoops the rebound and sends it home. GOAL! Eriksen and his leading play has added another for Odd Down, 2-0!

29' Watson receives a crossing pass and heads towards goal. Knight makes a diving save.

41' Morris from the right corner sends it to near post. Ward goes up for the header and sends it in to the lower right corner. GOAL! Odd Down adds to the lead, 3-0!

Halftime: I think they know why they are playing. Eriksen is playing out of his mind, and Morris is worn out. We will have to play Hogarth out of position at DL instead of DC.

56' Pepper from the right corner sends it into the center, there is a scramble for the ball and Jones connects with it. GOAL! Thatcham draws a point close to Odd Down with that one, 3-1!

71' Taylor subs on for Cassidy

73' Banton sends a long pass down the right side to Taylor. Taylor did well to keep moving and get into the penalty area. He shoots quickly, catching the keeper off guard. GOAL! Odd Down adds another off of the fine foot of Taylor, 4-1!

82' Forshaw subs in for Banton

87' Forshaw receives the pass and maneuvers through the defense getting into the box and shooting. GOAL! Odd Down adds to the lead off of a magical performance by Forshaw, 5-1!

Thatcham 1 : 5 Odd Down

Statistic Thatcham Odd Down
Shots 8 12
On Target 4 7
Off Target 3 3
Blocked Shots 1 2
Woodwork 0 0
Clear Cut Chances 3 2
Long Shots 2 4
Possession 55% 45%
Corners 2 4
Free Kicks 14 7
Throw Ins 30 33
Fouls 5 13
Offsides 2 1
Passes Completed 67% 65%
Crosses Completed 12% 33%
Tackles Won 59% 70%
Headers Won 61% 71%
Yellow Cards 0 3
Red Cards 0 0
Kilometers Run 104.9 108.5
Average Rating 6.13 7.54

Match Analysis
We were beat on possession so the players made the most of their chances. This was one of the best team games I have seen them play in a long time. Eriksen was the MoM with an 8.8. Ward was rated a 8.6 everyone else were in the 7's except for Hogarth (6.8) and Tinker (6.9).

Odd Down Goals
ST Kent Eriksen (14,27)
DC Jordan Ivey-Ward (42)
ST Jamie Taylor (74)
AMC Jamie Forshaw (88)

Man of the Match
ST Kent Eriksen (8.8) - 2 Goals, 1 Assist, 24/32 Passing, 4/6 Tackles, 3/7 Headers

Promotion News
We win as does Abingdon. Almondsbury loses again. Right now, it's a tight race to the finish but it can all be ended with an Almondsbury win.

Pos Inf Team
Pld For Ag Pts
1st
Almondsbury
40 74 47 76
2nd
Abingdon Utd
40 66 38 72
3rd
Odd Down
40 73 42 70
4th
Gosport
40 63 51 68
5th
Frome
40 66 43 66
6th
Bideford
40 64 48 66
7th
Winchester
40 74 67 63
8th
Burnham
40 51 49 62
9th
Bridgwater
40 59 49 61
10th
Poole Town
40 58 46 60
11th
Swindon S
40 53 55 57
12th
Clevedon
40 46 54 52
13th
Shortwood
40 58 62 50
14th
Taunton
40 49 53 48
15th
Yate
40 43 57 47
16th
Totton
40 38 53 47
17th
Mangotsfield
40 45 56 46
18th
Dawlish
40 43 54 45
19th
Paulton
40 48 61 42
20th
Wimborne
40 41 60 41
21st
Thatcham
40 42 68 33
22nd R Aylesbury
40 41 82 27
Old 04-13-2012, 06:07 PM   #264
MacroGuru
Coordinator

04/27/13 - Dawlish - Away

Weekly Notes
  • With the loss to us, Thatcham is now relegated
  • Kent Eriksens 32nd goal makes him the clubs all-time record goalscorer
  • Halsall on loan to Studley
  • Jake Knight, Jordan Ivey-Ward, Lucus Banton and Kent Eriksen were named to the Weekly 11.
  • Tom Murray has 3 red cards this season and is one of the leagues bad boys
Match Notes
This will be our fifth match against Dawlish. Our record versus them is 1-1-2. So they have owned us in the past. We need to step it up and win this match. We are without McCardle (Suspended) and Dawlish is without Sutton (injury) and Marshall (injury). We are being picked to win due to our present form.

Dawlish will run a 4-4-2

Odd Down Lineup

GK O'Connor
D Morris / Esdaile / Ward / Metcalfe
DM Glasgow
M Martin / Tinker
AM Banton
ST Eriksen / Taylor

Subs: Knight / Forshaw / Byrne / Cassidy / Mullen

Match Time

2' O'Connor misplays a back pass to him and allows Tweedie to get the ball and dribble around him and casually put it into goal. GOAL! Dawlish goes up due to a careless play by the keeper, 1-0!

34' Banton receives a pass from Martin, takes it into the box and fires it. GOAL! Odd Down on the equalizer from Banton to the right of the keeper, 1-1!

Halftime: What a rough first half. They scored quickly and O'Connor is down on himself due to the mistake. I have to build him up.

62' Cassidy in for Taylor and Mullen in for Metcalfe.

64' Case heads the ball in past the defense. GOAL! Dawlish move up 2-1!

68' Mullen sends a long pass down the side to Cassidy. Cassidy beats his man and the keeper and chips it in. GOAL! Odd Down equalizes quickly with a great move, 2-2!

74' Byrne in for Tinker

77' Moke lobs a shot way up to go over O'Connor who was rushing out. It was going in but Ward made it back in time to just clear it at the line.

81' Eriksen leads Byrne on a pass. Byrne takes the keeper on one on one and sends the shot to the left and off the post. GOAL! Odd Down goes up on an overloaded side, 3-2!

86' Morris takes an injury and has to come off. We will play a man down.

90(+1)' Braithwaite sends a long pass to Middlebrook. He comes into the box and challenges O'Connor. O'Connor blocks the shot and clears it.

Dawlish 2 : 3 Odd Down

Statistic Dawlish Odd Down
Shots 11 6
On Target 4 3
Off Target 4 3
Blocked Shots 3 0
Woodwork 0 0
Clear Cut Chances 3 1
Long Shots 3 2
Possession 54% 46%
Corners 4 2
Free Kicks 17 23
Throw Ins 23 22
Fouls 21 16
Offsides 2 1
Passes Completed 66% 63%
Crosses Completed 22% 9%
Tackles Won 67% 73%
Headers Won 73% 55%
Yellow Cards 3 4
Red Cards 0 0
Kilometers Run 99.6 100.0
Average Rating 6.63 6.84

Match Analysis
It was a back and forth see saw match, Dawlish is on our heads or something. We have had nothing but battles with them in all five matches now. It wasn't a great game by either side, but it was a wild finish.

Odd Down Goals
AMC Lucus Banton (35)
ST Jake Cassidy (69)
MC Callum Byrne (82)

Man of the Match
MC Michael Case (7.4) - 1 Goal, 5/8 Passing, 2/3 Tackling
Old 04-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #265
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Normal stray away from format here.

We are now to the last game of the season. We sit in 2nd place and Almondsbury is in first. We HAVE to beat Bideford and Almondsbury must lose. At that time it is a tie in points for us and we win off of goal differential right now with a +32 while Almondsbury is at a +25.

Needless to say, those who watch the Zamaretto D1SW league will have their eyes glued to both games.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:53 PM   #266
MacroGuru
Coordinator

April News and Notes
We finished the month on a tear, but the rough stint in the middle of the season put our hopes of promotion in the hands of Almondsbury. It's a win or die scenario on our end, and it still might not matter.

Pos Inf Team
1st
Almondsbury
41 23 7 11 75 50 +25 76
2nd
Odd Down
41 21 10 10 76 44 +32 73
3rd
Abingdon Utd
41 21 9 11 67 40 +27 72
4th
Gosport
41 18 15 8 63 51 +12 69
5th
Frome
41 19 10 12 66 43 +23 67
6th
Bideford
40 19 9 12 64 48 +16 66
7th
Poole Town
41 16 15 10 61 47 +14 63
8th
Winchester
41 16 15 10 76 70 +6 63
9th
Burnham
41 17 11 13 51 51 0 62
10th
Bridgwater
41 18 7 16 59 50 +9 61
11th
Swindon S
41 16 12 13 56 55 +1 60
12th
Clevedon
41 15 10 16 48 55 -7 55
13th
Taunton
41 15 6 20 51 53 -2 51
14th
Shortwood
41 12 14 15 59 64 -5 50
15th
Totton
41 13 11 17 40 54 -14 50
16th
Yate
41 12 11 18 43 58 -15 47
17th
Mangotsfield
41 9 19 13 45 59 -14 46
18th
Paulton
41 11 12 18 49 61 -12 45
19th
Dawlish
41 13 6 22 45 57 -12 45
20th
Wimborne
41 10 14 17 44 62 -18 44
21st R Thatcham
41 9 9 23 43 68 -25 36
22nd R Aylesbury
40 5 12 23 41 82 -41 27

Important Dates in May

5/4 - Bideford
5/22 - Glyn Halsall's loan finishes
5/23 - Robert Hobbs loan finishes

April Training Report
The following players trained well over the past month:
Shane O'Connor (Strength)
Matt Carr (Aerobic)
Tom Jones (Tactics)

The following players failed to impress over the past month:
Jamie Taylor (Aerobic)
Liam Bailey (Ball Control)
Shandel Gonsalves (Ball Control)

The following youth players trained well over the past month:
Kevin Burns (Strength)
Liam Ross (Strength)

The following youth players failed to impress over the past month:
Lee Judd (Aerobic)
Louis Baverstock (Aerobic)
Patrick Collins (Tactics)
Old 04-13-2012, 08:48 PM   #267
MacroGuru
Coordinator

05/04/13 - Bideford - Home

Weekly Notes
  • Jack Morris suffered a twisted knee and will be out for 4 weeks
  • Callum Byrne and Lucus Banton were named to the weekly 11
Match Notes
We won the first match up 3-0. Not much to say here other than win or go home. We are without Morris (injury) while Bideford will be without three players due to injuries.

Bideford will run a 4-4-2

Odd Down Lineup

GK Knight
DM Glasgow
M Martin / Tinker
AM Banton
ST Eriksen / Cassidy

Subs: O'Connor / Taylor / Byrne / Forshaw / Mullen

Match Time

21' Martin is injured. Byrne comes in.

30' Tinker takes the header off of a goal kick and sends it ahead to Eriksen. Eriksen is one on one with the keeper and he beats him. GOAL! Odd Down moves up by a fabulous play by Eriksen, 1-0!

Halftime: Not as strong as a showing as I was hoping for, but the lead is what we want. Now to hold on to it.

46' Tinker passes to Cassidy. Cassidy moves into the box, makes the keeper commit and he nails it shut. GOAL! Odd Down adds another off of a great pass, 2-0!

71' Glasgow is injured, he is replaced by Forshaw and we move into a 4-3-1-2

78' Eriksen is subbed by Taylor.
Odd Down 2 : 0 Bideford

Statistic Odd Down Bideford
Shots 11 2
On Target 6 0
Off Target 4 2
Blocked Shots 1 0
Woodwork 1 0
Clear Cut Chances 4 0
Long Shots 1 2
Possession 48% 52%
Corners 6 6
Free Kicks 13 15
Throw Ins 15 26
Fouls 13 11
Offsides 2 2
Passes Completed 67% 70%
Crosses Completed 20% 11%
Tackles Won 69% 57%
Headers Won 62% 63%
Yellow Cards 3 2
Red Cards 0 0
Kilometers Run 104.9 101.2
Average Rating 7.15 6.36

Match Analysis
Not much to run down here. We won, and we ran to the locker room as soon as we could to try and gather news on Almondsbury.

Odd Down Goals
ST Kent Eriksen (30)
ST Jake Cassidy (47)

Man of the Match
MC Joshua Tinker (7.7) - 2 Assists, 2 Shots, 17/22 Passing,
Old 04-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #268
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Well your boys did their part, that's all they can control.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:51 PM   #269
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Well, we waited in the locker room for the call, and it came. The news wasn't good.

Almondsbury won, they get the promotion, we came close. It looks like we will have to play harder next season and build up. I have a new plan on the players and we will see what happens.

James Martin suffered a bad hip injury and will be out for 3 months while we have him work with a specialist.

We are given $16,500 for our 2nd place finish in the league.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:14 PM   #270
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I'm getting frustrated...I am trying to sim through June and there is something going on that is crashing my game on Jun 24th...I can go back to several saves and it is still doing it. So it wasn't from recent decisions or anything...
Old 04-15-2012, 08:12 AM   #271
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Alright, I am reaching out to SI and going to try and get this fixed.