Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-26-2013, 04:34 PM   #451
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
That was a whole bunch of nothing, wasn't it?

I really enjoyed it myself - was a great battle, thought Rooney played very well and fought incredibly hard ... considering the undoubted pressure around him he showed a lot of professionalism and maturity.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:55 PM   #452
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Yeah I really liked Rooney's play in the match. I know coming in with all of the talk of Jose targeting Rooney I was interested to see how he would play. One of his shots was a rocket and it barely looked like brought his leg back.
cubboyroy1826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:26 AM   #453
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Okay so I have watched quite a bit of Premier League soccer over the past couple weeks. I am amazed at how much of a soap opera the behind the scenes maneuvering can be as well as how fragile some of the player psyches (not sure if that is the right word) seem to be. No different from the major American sports but maybe magnified a bit because it is the Premier League. Would you guys agree?
Old 08-27-2013, 09:08 AM   #454
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubboyroy1826 View Post
Okay so I have watched quite a bit of Premier League soccer over the past couple weeks. I am amazed at how much of a soap opera the behind the scenes maneuvering can be as well as how fragile some of the player psyches (not sure if that is the right word) seem to be. No different from the major American sports but maybe magnified a bit because it is the Premier League. Would you guys agree?

1) Behind the scenes maneuvering

Yeah, there is a ton, especially as the transfer window starts to close. Teams intentionally try to unsettle star players of other teams. Soap operas pop up all over the place.

2) Players psyche

There are so many more factors than in the US. Soccer players in Europe come from all corners of the globe. Language, a new country, different styles of the game, different reffing, etc. There are a lot of different things most American NFL players do not have to go through.

Add in all the stuff the US players do have to go through (media pressure, contract expectations, personal life invaded, personal or team slump) and you have a powder keg to deal with.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:14 AM   #455
saldana
Pro Starter

wtf is wrong with people

Paraguayan Soccer Player Kicks a Referee in the Face After a Red Card | Bleacher Report
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:02 PM   #456
whomario
Pro Starter

Celtic ! Epic game, those fans went crazy the whole game.
Admittedly, a team from Kazakhstan would have added some novelty, but Celtic and the atmosphere there is just great to have on the big stage.
I sincerely hope them and Dortmund get drawn in the same group, those 2 games would be epic in terms of atmosphere (fans are friendly with each other, too)

Schalke qualified as well, making it 4 Bundesliga teams. Very lucky to win yesterday with the story of the game being Max Meyer. 17 year old kid who gets subbed in, then makes a brilliant assist for the 2-1 lead almost immediately and then gets subbed out again for tactical reasons after just 8 minutes of play due to a red card to Jermaine Jones.

“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 08-28-2013 at 04:09 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:29 PM   #457
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Where can you catch soccer games from other European soccer leagues?
Old 08-28-2013, 04:32 PM   #458
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Here are the pots for tomorrow's Champions League group stage draw

Pot one: Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Arsenal, FC Porto, Benfica.

Pot two: Atletico Madrid, Shakhtar Donetsk, AC Milan, Schalke 04, Marseille, CSKA Moscow, Paris Saint-Germain, Juventus.

Pot three: Zenit St Petersburg, Manchester City, Ajax Amsterdam, Borussia Dortmund, FC Basel, Olympiakos, Galatasaray, Bayer Leverkusen.

Pot four: FC Copenhagen, Napoli, Anderlecht, Celtic, Steaua Bucharest, Plzen, Real Sociedad, Austria Vienna.

Let's see, group of death for Celtic:

Bayern Munich
Atletico Madrid
Man City (forgot the no-same nations rule)
Celtic

Or the Group of Cake

Benfica
CSKA Moscow
Basel
Vienna

Last edited by SirFozzie : 08-28-2013 at 04:35 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:34 PM   #459
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Where can you catch soccer games from other European soccer leagues?

German, Argentina, Holland: GolTV
English Championship (2nd division of England), Italy, Spain, Russia: BeIN Sport
Scotland, extra UEFA Champions League/Europa League, FA Cup games: Fox Soccer Plus
Old 08-28-2013, 04:35 PM   #460
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Thanks Foz

Last edited by cubboyroy1826 : 08-28-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #461
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

what cable provider do you have?
Old 08-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #462
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Direct TV
Old 08-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #463
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Here are the pots for tomorrow's Champions League group stage draw

Pot one: Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Arsenal, FC Porto, Benfica.

Pot two: Atletico Madrid, Shakhtar Donetsk, AC Milan, Schalke 04, Marseille, CSKA Moscow, Paris Saint-Germain, Juventus.

Pot three: Zenit St Petersburg, Manchester City, Ajax Amsterdam, Borussia Dortmund, FC Basel, Olympiakos, Galatasaray, Bayer Leverkusen.

Pot four: FC Copenhagen, Napoli, Anderlecht, Celtic, Steaua Bucharest, Plzen, Real Sociedad, Austria Vienna.

Arsenal are WAY overdue for a brutal group.

I'm thinking:

Arsenal
PSG
Borussian Dortmund
Napoli
Old 08-28-2013, 07:33 PM   #464
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I thought Juve were going to be in Pot 3. That's a nice surprise. If you ask me they deserve Pot 1 over one of Porto/Benfica, so hopefully they'll be up there in a couple years.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 08-28-2013 at 07:33 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:33 PM   #465
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Wow just check and Fox Soccer Plus is $12.99 by itself. Those of you who have FSP what are your thoughts about the amount of good soccer available? BeIN is part of the Sports Pack which includes a whole bunch of other channels.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:48 PM   #466
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I like it, but that's because I like the rugby and aussie rules football that comes with it. For soccer itself? I wouldn't.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:02 AM   #467
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Wow just check and Fox Soccer Plus is $12.99 by itself. Those of you who have FSP what are your thoughts about the amount of good soccer available? BeIN is part of the Sports Pack which includes a whole bunch of other channels.

I had fox soccer plus last year and it was fine, but without all of the EPL games I don't think there will be much on it at all. I cancelled it for this year.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:18 AM   #468
finketr
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I had fox soccer plus last year and it was fine, but without all of the EPL games I don't think there will be much on it at all. I cancelled it for this year.

i'm thinking about doing this. Need to check with TWC and see what else is in the package...

Then again, I wonder if I'm ever going to get CBS again.
finketr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:40 AM   #469
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Ouch. Barcelona, Milan AND Ajax for Celtic???

Arsenal get shit on as well (Dortmund, Marseille, Napoli)

ManYoo with the easy group (as usual)

Poor FC Copenhagen (Galatassaray, Juventus, Real Madrid)

Chelski with an eminently survivable group (Basel, Schalke, Steau Bucharest)

Edit: Full Group Draw:

Group A: Manchester United, Shakhtar Donetsk, Bayer Leverkusen, Real Sociedad

Group B: Real Madrid, Juventus, Galatasaray, Copenhagen

Group C: Benfica, Paris St-Germain, Olympiakos, Anderlecht

Group D: Bayern Munich, CSKA Moscow, Manchester City, Viktoria Plzen

Group E: Chelsea, Schalke, Basel, Steaua Bucharest

Group F: Arsenal, Marseille, Borussia Dortmund, Napoli

Group G: Porto, Atletico Madrid, Zenit St Petersburg, Austria Vienna

Group H: Barcelona, AC Milan, Ajax, Celtic

Last edited by SirFozzie : 08-29-2013 at 11:43 AM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:08 PM   #470
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

So Foz when do the next stage of games take place?
Old 08-29-2013, 12:15 PM   #471
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Here's the Group Stage schedule

1: 17-18th of September
2: 1-2nd of October
3: 22-23 October
4: 5-6 November
5: 26-27 November (shame that thanksgiving is the day after, although there'll be some Europa League games I'd bet )
6: 10-11 December
Old 08-29-2013, 01:35 PM   #472
bigdawg2003
High School Varsity

Predictions

Group A: Donetsk, United
Group B: Madrid, Juventus
Group C: PSG, Benfica
Group D: Bayern, Man City
Group E: Chelsea, Basel
Group F: Dortmund, Arsenal
Group G: Atletico, Porto
Group H: Barca, Milan

Groups F and H look like the Groups of Death, but I think Group A is going to be sneaky tough for ManU
Old 08-29-2013, 05:30 PM   #473
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Arsenal are WAY overdue for a brutal group.

I'm thinking:

Arsenal
PSG
Borussian Dortmund
Napoli

Ugh, so close. Just missed on PSG. I knew it would be tough and we deserve to have a brutal group after many, many years of cakewalks.

If we get to the group stage this year, we earned it.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:47 PM   #474
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Perhaps I should bring back the champions league predictions competition after a one-season hiatus?

Last edited by MIJB#19 : 08-30-2013 at 02:48 PM.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:34 PM   #475
whomario
Pro Starter

If this Bayern-Chelsea game was a preview, we are in for some great matches this season.
Chelsea with a decent game, but still Bayern was clearly the better team overall. (even before the sending-off of Ramires). 37-14 shots, 69% posession.
And that was with still a few guys missing (Schweinsteiger, Thiago) or rounding into form (Götze, Martinez) and the system still being reshaped.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
Old 09-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #476
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

The Liverpool vs Man Utd game was awesome - deserved victory by Liverpool imho, they looked incredibly organised and fought hard ...

Rogers philosophy seems to be making progress and they're definitely gaining confidence in themselves
Old 09-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #477
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Does this start mean that Liverpool are legitimate Top Four contenders (or more?), if Suarez comes back well...
Old 09-01-2013, 12:34 PM   #478
TroyF
Coordinator

Well, we'll see if any money is spent tonight and tomorrow, but the "crisis" looks to be essentially over for now.

Sagna out sick and Wilshire leaves in the middle out sick and Arsenal controlled that game. Lloris was sensational or it would have been a blowout. Yes, I realize some major signings for Spurs have been there less than a week, but I do believe Arsenal will add. (maybe that's just me dreaming tonight?)

Arsenal were dumped by Tottenham on March 3. After the game, they were 5 points short of 4th in the EPL with 10 games left. They were 7 points behind Spurs. From that point on, Arsenal are 13-1-2 with a goal tally of 31-9 in all competitions.

This is what makes me so mad about the lack of spending. You add some depth to this squad and they could have been serious contenders this year. Whatever happens, great win and it will be a nice couple of weeks before the next inevitable "crisis" occurs.

Liverpool look good and might be dangerous when Suarez comes back. Their keeper looks pretty damned good too. After 3 games in, only Liverpool have all 9 points.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #479
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Bale to Real complete. Just a casual 100m euro transfer fee.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:39 PM   #480
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Silliest transfer to date.

Bale is a very good player, a great player. One of the best all around left wing players. But we've seen this story over and over the past decade with dozens of players in this realm of talent. They just get bought so they can't develop their skills elsewhere and can't make the competition any better. I'm not even worried about the pressure of the 'expensive player' tag, it'll fly over. In Madrid he'll ride the bench sooner or later (my guess January 2015) and get sold for 15M. I hope Bale gets the chances to prove me wrong, if he gets them.

Still, 100M is a silly amount in this day and age (granted, so is something like 25M) of 'crisis' and unemployment. Bale doesn't have the charisma and recognition of Cristiano Ronaldo or David Beckham, he won't play at the 2014 World Cup, they won't make 100M on merchandise and ticket sale improvements to get the investment back. And Platini reportedly encouraged the transfer. What financial fair play?
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:41 PM   #481
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post

Scuttle on Twitter says that Ozil has asked to leave and will be joining Arsenal. I say that's scuttle, because knowing Arsenal it's all a play and he'll actually sign for ManU, PSG or Kansas City tomorrow.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:43 PM   #482
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Does this start mean that Liverpool are legitimate Top Four contenders (or more?), if Suarez comes back well...

I think they're in with a shot for the top-4 IF their players stay fit, their main problem is lack of depth really.

(I also think that Suarez returning could cause problems with their balance - at present their team is really well organised and hard working, everyone is working for each other and no one appears to be playing the prima donna ... much as I dislike some of his reported actions, Suarez on the pitch is a great player and has worked hard for the team in the past, if he slots in cleanly then they're in with a decent stab at a CL spot imho ...)

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 09-01-2013 at 11:48 PM.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:35 AM   #483
bhlloy
Coordinator

Troy - has your opinion of Ramsey changed at all, given his excellent start to the season?
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:41 AM   #484
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

This actually happened a week ago, but I'm just catching up to it via DVR.

Real bizarre game between Monaco and Toulouse FC in France's Ligue 1. Monaco had received a crowd ban due to the celebration (pitch invasion and flares) that happened when Monaco won promotion from Ligue 2 at the end of last season.

So this game is being played in an empty stadium, and yet was broadcast to France (and the US through BeIN Sport). Feels so much different then what I'm used to, and it's kinda interesting all the chatter that you can hear because there's no one in the stands.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:46 AM   #485
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Troy - has your opinion of Ramsey changed at all, given his excellent start to the season?

I may have made a comment or two about Ramsey after a bad game, but I have always liked him. You may be remembering my postings about Rosicky, who I've never liked as much as FM or anyone else.

If I had said something about Ramsey at some point, I was really, really wrong. I shudder to think of where Arsenal would be right now without Rambo. First off, Arsenal wouldn't be in the Champions League, because we never would have finished fourth. (sorry for those who hate WE, I just don't care. If you think I feel that I have some impact in the games or am a lunatic who thinks cheering for them means I'm a member of the team, go ahead)

he has been simply amazing this year.

As for Rosicky, I've softened up on him. He's healthy and he's playing very well. I'd rather he be a backup and not a starter and he's slow as hell, but he has more skill than I gave him credit for. (not that I'm a soccer scout or anything, but some of his showings were painful the last few years)

The guy I thought at the start of the year was vastly underrated, will not be considered that way for much longer. I thought Giroud was terrific last year. He's a jack of all trades striker. He may not be world class in any one thing, but he does everything well. He's physical, great header of the ball, decent passer, great with runs off the ball, work rate is outstanding, and his finishing is not as bad as people made it out to be last year.

Well, he's had a terrific start and some special goals already this year. If the rumors are true and Ozil really does come into the team, that guy is going to score a ton.

Cmon Arsene. get us some depth. Sign three or four guys tomorrow. This team can be really, really good.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:44 AM   #486
Icy
Pro Starter

Spanish press says that Arsenal has offered 45M euros for Ozil and it has been accepted by Real Madrid, but the player doesn't want to leave, still negotiating.

About Bale... i don't think it was necessary for that amount at least, also will create a lot of issues in Real Madrid.

He plays on the left side, like Ronaldo, it means that either Ronaldo is moved to central forward, where he plays way worse back to goal and with no space to run, or Bale is moved to the right side of the attack, sending Di Maria and/or Ozil to the bench. From that, the possible sale of Ozil that is so sad as he is the best goal assist player in Europe by his numbers.

Also soon we will read that Ronaldo is sad again, as he is no longer the most expensive transfer ever, and his ego is too big to swallow that, i bet he is back to the premier next year.

And talking about another bad deal by Real Madrid boss Florentino Perez who is obsessed with signing a big name every year, needed or not. Kaka was signed from Milan for 67M euros 4 years ago, earned 40M himself in those 4 years barely playing, and then he is back to Milan on a free transfer just to get rid of the remaining 20M of salary.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:49 AM   #487
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Arsenal and Ozil is apparently a done deal, except for a medical.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:09 AM   #488
cschex
High School Varsity

.....Trying so hard not to get excited until official confirmation
cschex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:38 AM   #489
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Considering celebrating these may be few and far between, very happy Palace got their first 3 EPL points. I've been fairly impressed with them so far, actually, because they've been competitive in every game. Cool to see Liverpool at the top early on. Might be an interesting race this year.

Arsenal did draw a brutal group.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:41 AM   #490
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschex View Post
.....Trying so hard not to get excited until official confirmation

Agreed. Also hoping for more than just Ozil. We need three or four players today. The other guys can be squad players, but we need multiple of them.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:22 AM   #491
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Agreed. Also hoping for more than just Ozil. We need three or four players today. The other guys can be squad players, but we need multiple of them.

Feel like they need a defender or two and not just midfield and strikers.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:44 AM   #492
MrBug708
Head Coach

http://whatbaleearns.co.uk/
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:34 AM   #493
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
Feel like they need a defender or two and not just midfield and strikers.

Cannot agree more. Verm is injured and we have played Sagna at CB multiple times this season. I believe we need a BU CB badly. But there hasn't been much scuttle of that at all this year.

Ozil is a massive signing and as an Arsenal fan, I don't want to get greedy. . . but we need a little more.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #494
whomario
Pro Starter

Özil will propably need to adapt quite a bit, if he does it will be a good thing for the german NT as well ... He unfortunately still has a tendency to be unnerved by physichal play and doesnīt work hard defensively, 2 things that iīm afraid could be a big problem in the PL (sure, the stereotype isnīt as valid as 10 years ago, but week-to-week itīs still a more physichal league than La Liga). But if Mourinho canīt teach you theese things, iīm not sure it can happen. Brilliant offensively of course and likely among the 5-10 best attacking midfielders in the world when heīs on his game.

also, was that really the biggest need ? I mean, he might be an upgrade but is he that big of an upgrade when you have Cazorla and Wilshere ?

Also, a pretty fun picture from ManU trying to hide their signing:

Last edited by whomario : 09-02-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:49 PM   #495
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Arsenal need steel. They still haven't replace Alex Song. I guess United are buying de Gea again based off of that picture.

sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:50 PM   #496
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Özil will propably need to adapt quite a bit, if he does it will be a good thing for the german NT as well ... He unfortunately still has a tendency to be unnerved by physichal play and doesnīt work hard defensively, 2 things that iīm afraid could be a big problem in the PL (sure, the stereotype isnīt as valid as 10 years ago, but week-to-week itīs still a more physichal league than La Liga). But if Mourinho canīt teach you theese things, iīm not sure it can happen. Brilliant offensively of course and likely among the 5-10 best attacking midfielders in the world when heīs on his game.

also, was that really the biggest need ? I mean, he might be an upgrade but is he that big of an upgrade when you have Cazorla and Wilshere ?

Also, a pretty fun picture from ManU trying to hide their signing:

I still think the "biggest" need is at the back. . . but Cazorla plays far better on the left and Wilshire has never really played like a true AMC. He can grow into the position of course, but he hasn't shown the vision yet to be in that role. In his entire career, Wilshire has under 20 assists at the EPL, CL, CUP or National level. Cazorla scores as much as he assists. To put it in perspective, Ozil has averaged more assists in each of the last three years than Cazorla and Wilshire combined.

A lot of people talk about Arsenal's poor finishing, but a huge part of that is they haven't had a true creator since Fabergas left.

As much as I scream defense and getting more depth in the back, it does make sense what they are doing. They finished 2nd in the table last year in goals against. After the 2 penalty/red card fiasco on opening day, they have allowed one goal in 4 games. (and that was after they were up 3-0)

We need more options up front. There are always injuries, especially with Arsenal, but a relatively healthy squad looks pretty damned good now.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #497
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Handing in an official transfer request two hours before the transfer deadline (Felliani).. judge it, dick move or not?
Old 09-02-2013, 02:42 PM   #498
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Handing in an official transfer request two hours before the transfer deadline (Felliani).. judge it, dick move or not?

stupid. way too hard to get a deal done so soon if it wasnt in the works already
Old 09-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #499
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

This sounds like the next Ocean's Movie: From the BBC Deadline day ticker:

FRAUD?
Spanish football writer Andy West: "Some bizarre reports coming out regarding United's collapsed Herrera deal. Apparently a group of men claiming to be United representatives spent an hour at the La Liga offices in Madrid today, but it turns out they had nothing to do with the club and were presumably just attempting to get a cut of the deal in an elaborate fraud.
"Must be stressed these are just rumours but the Spanish media have published pictures of men in black suits - supposedly the United "representatives" - coming out of the league offices carrying briefcases.
"All very strange and no doubt the truth will come out in the next few days.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:54 PM   #500
TroyF
Coordinator

And it is official. Ozil to Arsenal. Also got a backup keeper. Still hoping for another signing or two, but it doesn't look like it. In fact, it looks like "TGSTEL will be playing as a backup. Can't say I'm happy about that, but Ozil is a game changer on so many levels.

Not only for on the pitch, but off of it. If we can follow this up by having one more year where nobody important takes off and another player or two are added, this could actually be the return of something special.