Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-24-2021, 10:33 PM   #351
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
So no workaround if I only have an XBOX copy of the game? Very interested in this. Played the game last year and it's amazing how it is still a much better game than modern Madden.

You can play the fully modded version on the XBox 360 (with the original NCAA 14 disk). The only downside is that if you want to take advantage of all of the roster updates and add the playoffs, you will have to periodically transfer those files back and forth from your Xbox to PC.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 07:19 AM   #352
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I have been playing around with it, and it is pretty cool. Looks much better than the original. I haven't played around enough to see the play difference, but I had forgotten how NCAA had a true coach mode. The main problem I am having is my controller not wanting to stay connected with through blue tooth. Also, I have noticed many lower tier teams have their logo's and uniforms set to wrong teams.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 09:16 AM   #353
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I have been playing around with it, and it is pretty cool. Looks much better than the original. I haven't played around enough to see the play difference, but I had forgotten how NCAA had a true coach mode. The main problem I am having is my controller not wanting to stay connected with through blue tooth. Also, I have noticed many lower tier teams have their logo's and uniforms set to wrong teams.

The logo and uniform issue isn't a bug, per se. The mod team has done each conference one by one, and the MAC teams plus a few others remain to be done. v14 had all of the Mountain West teams new uniforms and logos.

As for the play selection, I'm noticing a significant difference. Realistic renditions of RPO plays, including outside option plays where the QB keeps or pitches the ball.
Old 09-25-2021, 11:23 AM   #354
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post
The logo and uniform issue isn't a bug, per se. The mod team has done each conference one by one, and the MAC teams plus a few others remain to be done. v14 had all of the Mountain West teams new uniforms and logos.

As for the play selection, I'm noticing a significant difference. Realistic renditions of RPO plays, including outside option plays where the QB keeps or pitches the ball.
It just stood out to me because Georgia Southern has UMass logos, and Coastal Carolina has New Mexico logos.
Old 09-25-2021, 01:07 PM   #355
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
It just stood out to me because Georgia Southern has UMass logos, and Coastal Carolina has New Mexico logos.

Are you sure you have the most recent version installed? In my test dynasty, they have the correct logos. Here are some screenshots I just took.

Old 09-25-2021, 06:21 PM   #356
GrantDawg

It was the one from the website.
Old 09-26-2021, 04:01 PM   #357
Bobble
College Prospect

I have NCAA14 on an old, un-jailbroken XBOX 360. Do I have any hope of playing this mod?
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 10:37 PM   #358
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

After another week of testing I have to say that EA Sports is going to be hard pressed in 2023 to come up with a game superior to this College Football Revamped super mod, and I doubt that they will.

Several more things I've been impressed with:

A tool to make players transfer and declare for the draft more realistically, as well as progress more realistically.

In addition to the real-life 2021 rosters, they've also got the 2021 and 2022 real-life recruiting classes.

In addition to the 4-team and 8-team playoff tool, there's a fairly simple process to add the Big XII, AAC and Sunbelt Conference championship games. Under the default NCAA 14 settings, conferences with less than 12 teams (with only one division) cannot have conference championship games.

Last edited by Vegas Vic : 10-05-2021 at 10:39 PM.
Old 10-05-2021, 11:58 PM   #359
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

One interesting thing I noticed on this test playthrough, the conference championship games in 2021 are on Dec. 11 instead of Dec. 4. Otherwise, the schedules mirror the real-life schedules. I think that because the Army-Navy game is on Dec. 4, they pushed back the conference championship games one week in this mod, while in real life they are on Dec. 4.

Old 10-06-2021, 06:12 AM   #360
GrantDawg

I discovered I don't have a supported version of the game (xbox digital), so without shelling out a couple hundred bucks for a game and a game sytem to use the disc, I am unable to get the full functionality.

This did make me curious to try NFL Head Coach 09 because I read they are also modding it up to current. I had owned the 06 version, but never got into it because of the number of bugs and such. Man, the 09 version was a really good game. Deep, challenging, played pretty well. I mean that is about the closest to what I want in a sports sim than any other game I have ever played. So of course it got no support and died.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 10-06-2021 at 06:12 AM.
Old 10-06-2021, 07:18 AM   #361
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
I discovered I don't have a supported version of the game (xbox digital), so without shelling out a couple hundred bucks for a game and a game sytem to use the disc, I am unable to get the full functionality.

This did make me curious to try NFL Head Coach 09 because I read they are also modding it up to current. I had owned the 06 version, but never got into it because of the number of bugs and such. Man, the 09 version was a really good game. Deep, challenging, played pretty well. I mean that is about the closest to what I want in a sports sim than any other game I have ever played. So of course it got no support and died.

Agreed! I loved Head Coach 09. Brilliant game. Some of my favorite sports sim moments.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 06:43 PM   #362
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Here's a CPU vs CPU simulation of the NC State vs Florida State game I did, with the alternate uniforms both teams wore yesterday. The real-life score was NC State 28 FSU 14, in my sim NC State won 33-7. There's a fairly popular Youtube guy named "SG1 Sports" who simulates a lot of games, but I don't think he updates the rosters for injuries and benchings like I do. I think he also uses the default game sliders, while I use the cgators22 slider profile from College Football Revamped. In his sim, FSU won 44-16.

Last edited by Vegas Vic : 11-07-2021 at 06:47 PM.
Old 11-07-2021, 07:24 PM   #363
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Honestly, that's a fairer outcome of the score than in real life simply because NC State was 50/50 run/pass and had they not ran it 32 times (for less than 100 yards) and thrown it more, they would have scored another 10-20 points.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 11:47 AM   #364
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Some nice updates with v17 released on 1/1/2022.

Major Updates:

Updated roster for V17

Updated or added the following stadiums from Madden 17:
AT&T Stadium (B12 Championship), AT&T Stadium (Cotton Bowl), AT&T Stadium (AllState Kickoff), Soldier Field, Arrowhead Stadium, Hard Rock Stadium (Miami), Mercedes Benz Stadium (SEC Championship), "Allegiant" Stadium (P12 Championship), "Allegiant" Stadium (UNLV), Lincoln Financial Field (Temple), Lambeau Field, Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum (USC), and Raymond James Stadium (USF)

Updated scorebug to match ESPN

Updated quarter transition to match ESPN

Updated cover athlete to Bryce Young

Updated intro video

Updated loading screens

Last edited by Vegas Vic : 01-03-2022 at 12:01 PM.
Old 01-03-2022, 02:02 PM   #365
GrantDawg

My ps3 version is supposed to be here by Wednesday. Can't wait.
Old 01-03-2022, 02:15 PM   #366
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
My ps3 version is supposed to be here by Wednesday. Can't wait.

What was the damage?
sovereignstar v2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 03:33 PM   #367
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
What was the damage?

$137. Bought it from a Mercari merchant with good feedback. If it doesn't work, I am going to be pissed.

So far I am out $199 for PS3 slimline 120gb. $75 for NFL Head Coach 09 and now this $137. Lots of money for ancient games. I am still looking for Madden 08, preferably for the PC. I know I owned it at some point, but I can only find my physical copy of 06.

Edit: Crap. Just found a copy sealed in the box for $150 on Ebay. Can't do that till Friday. Why couldn't I have just picked up a gambling addiction like a normal human?

Last edited by GrantDawg : 01-03-2022 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-03-2022, 03:37 PM   #368
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

oh shi! I'm sure it will be fine.
Old 01-04-2022, 08:32 AM   #369
Kodos
Resident Alien

I thought maybe I had Madden 08 PC, but it was actually Madden 04 with Michael Vick on the cover.
Old 01-04-2022, 08:52 AM   #370
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Crikey, I just threw out my Madden PC copy during my move last month. I didn't say anything yesterday because I assumed it was 06. Looking at the covers it was definitely 08 though. I only used it for multiplayer FOF pictures.
Old 01-04-2022, 11:54 AM   #371
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
Crikey, I just threw out my Madden PC copy during my move last month. I didn't say anything yesterday because I assumed it was 06. Looking at the covers it was definitely 08 though. I only used it for multiplayer FOF pictures.
AHHHHHH!!! No worries. I finally found a copy for $39. I know I had it as well, but my guess is I had the Xbox 360 version and my son traded it years ago. Little did we know at the time that was going to be the most complete and modded version of the franchise.
Old 01-04-2022, 11:21 PM   #372
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

Quote:
$137. Bought it from a Mercari merchant with good feedback. If it doesn't work, I am going to be pissed.

So far I am out $199 for PS3 slimline 120gb. $75 for NFL Head Coach 09 and now this $137. Lots of money for ancient games. I am still looking for Madden 08, preferably for the PC. I know I owned it at some point, but I can only find my physical copy of 06.

Edit: Crap. Just found a copy sealed in the box for $150 on Ebay. Can't do that till Friday. Why couldn't I have just picked up a gambling addiction like a normal human?

Why Madden 08? I know there are various favorites from the PS2 era, so just wondering what stands out for folks here as I definitely trust this community's opinion with football gaming.
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 06:02 AM   #373
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
Why Madden 08? I know there are various favorites from the PS2 era, so just wondering what stands out for folks here as I definitely trust this community's opinion with football gaming.
Huge community of modders dedicated to that version. I haven't really investigated deeply, but I believe it was because it was the last year of the deep franchise mode.
Old 01-05-2022, 07:11 AM   #374
GrantDawg

I found this video that explains why there seems to be a deep love for Madden 08. Holy cow it is hard to believe the number of features that have disappeared over 14 years.

Old 01-05-2022, 08:35 AM   #375
Kodos
Resident Alien

Well shit. Now I want to play Madden 08. Looks like the closest I have is Madden 06 PS2.
Old 01-05-2022, 03:19 PM   #376
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
I found this video that explains why there seems to be a deep love for Madden 08. Holy cow it is hard to believe the number of features that have disappeared over 14 years.

That's nuts, if you showed me that I didn't know it was 14 years old I would be excited to finally get a real Football game...
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 03:52 PM   #377
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

Yep I know SDTV's work. Was supposed to do an interview with him for SSG but just never got around to it.

Is the PS3 version any less superior than the PS2 version? Is the PC version the only one with a modding community? Are there links to the modding communities out there like Revamped for NCAA 14?
Old 01-05-2022, 04:29 PM   #378
GrantDawg

Google "Football Idiots". Can't link it on my phone.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2022, 04:54 PM   #379
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
Yep I know SDTV's work. Was supposed to do an interview with him for SSG but just never got around to it.

Is the PS3 version any less superior than the PS2 version? Is the PC version the only one with a modding community? Are there links to the modding communities out there like Revamped for NCAA 14?

I had a similar question about PC vs PS3 and found this from IGN: Madded NFL 08 Head-to-Head - IGN

Haven't looked for the modding communities yet.

Last edited by rjolley : 01-05-2022 at 04:56 PM.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 05:27 PM   #380
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Google "Football Idiots". Can't link it on my phone.

FootballIdiot - Madden 08 PC

I went down this rabbit hole today. They've done a ton of work on rosters, graphics, and mods. It's impressive.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 05:45 AM   #381
GrantDawg

Btw,fooling around last night I stumbled on a install how to video that does a better job explaining the install, and I can now get NCAA Revamped to work with a pirated copy on the Emulator. Of course I did. Here is the video for anybody that needs it. He has all the links you need as well.
Old 01-06-2022, 11:50 AM   #382
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Btw,fooling around last night I stumbled on a install how to video that does a better job explaining the install, and I can now get NCAA Revamped to work with a pirated copy on the Emulator.

You spent all of that money to get a PS3 setup for the game, and now you're playing on your PC?

I've got an 8 core, 16 thread CPU, so I can run it on my PC at full 4K/60 fps resolution, with all the bells and whistles. But for anyone who has less than that, you're going to have to disable some settings to get the game to work on your PC. With 4 cores, 8 threads you could probably get it to run at about 30 FPS with no audio and 720p resolution. Keep in mind, your PC has to simultaneously run a PS3 emulation and the game software, which takes a tremendous amount of CPU power.

Last edited by Vegas Vic : 01-06-2022 at 11:53 AM.
Old 01-06-2022, 12:08 PM   #383
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

That IGN article makes it a tough call between PS3 and PC. Obviously the PC has the modding community. I wish revamped was working on Madden for PS3.

Last edited by Mike Lowe : 01-06-2022 at 12:09 PM.
Old 01-06-2022, 01:01 PM   #384
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post
You spent all of that money to get a PS3 setup for the game, and now you're playing on your PC?

I've got an 8 core, 16 thread CPU, so I can run it on my PC at full 4K/60 fps resolution, with all the bells and whistles. But for anyone who has less than that, you're going to have to disable some settings to get the game to work on your PC. With 4 cores, 8 threads you could probably get it to run at about 30 FPS with no audio and 720p resolution. Keep in mind, your PC has to simultaneously run a PS3 emulation and the game software, which takes a tremendous amount of CPU power.
I just got the disc, so I am going to test it out on both. I have i7 8 core, but only 8 threads. I have played the non-revamped version on the emulator with out a problem, but not at 4k. I would rather play it on the emulator if I can because it will most likely run much faster. We will see. I don't regret getting the PS3 set up. It will be nice to have options.
Old 01-06-2022, 01:36 PM   #385
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
I just got the disc, so I am going to test it out on both. I have i7 8 core, but only 8 threads. I have played the non-revamped version on the emulator with out a problem, but not at 4k. I would rather play it on the emulator if I can because it will most likely run much faster. We will see. I don't regret getting the PS3 set up. It will be nice to have options.

One suggestion: If you're ok with no sound, turn off audio in the emulator. The game plays much smoother without it.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 05:03 PM   #386
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
One suggestion: If you're ok with no sound, turn off audio in the emulator. The game plays much smoother without it.

fwiw, that's the main concession my kid has had to make with the game. (and it isn't always an issue, not sure why it's a problem at times but not other times). Otherwise, he's pretty happy with it on a very midgrade laptop.
Old 01-06-2022, 06:52 PM   #387
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
fwiw, that's the main concession my kid has had to make with the game.

For most folks, it's not a huge deal to turn off the sound and miss out on Nessler and Herbstreit belaboring the obvious after every play; however, I do enjoy the crowd noise and fight songs. Also, in dynasty mode, it's kind of cool to listen to Rece Davis do his cut-ins with score updates.
Old 01-07-2022, 05:31 AM   #388
GrantDawg

So far I am not having any problem playing with sound. The first couple of times I played it crashed or froze, but after that I haven't had any problems. Played a couple of test games, and then set up a dynasty. Man, the playbook is deep.

Old 01-08-2022, 01:45 PM   #389
GrantDawg

I went ahead and tried playing in 4k. It did freeze on me in the 3rd quarter of a game. Did a setting adjustment, and it works a treat. My processor may not have the thread count, but I do have a very good 32gb video card which probably helps. I am now in the process of setting up the PS3 version. The benefit of that is you can't use teambuilder on the CPU and that is fun.
Also, for those interested. I am playing Coach mode. The game plays really well in that mode. I have been using a spread option scheme, and the QB is doing a good job most of the time reading the pitch. He doesn't keep the ball all the time like it use to. I have been sliders I found on OS, which basically keeps almost all the settings default.