Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-14-2013, 10:43 AM   #1
kingfc22
Head Coach

Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Out Now!

OH YES!!!

Football Manager 2014

Play it whenever, wherever, however

Play on Linux for the first time, plus the inclusion of ‘cloud-save’ technology which means that managers can now pursue a single career from any computer, anywhere in the world. FM14 also includes integration with Steam Workshop making it easy for managers to create and share customised FM content such as photo/logo packs, new and custom competitions and tailor-made challenges using the new Challenge Editor.

Improved Match Engine

The 3D match engine has seen extensive improvements, including enhanced AI, improved lighting and player animation, individual player character and kit models, more realistic player reaction to on-field incidents and a range of optimisations which combine to make this the best looking and fastest FM Match Engine yet.

Tactical overhaul

There has been a complete redesign of how tactics are created, selected and implemented with player roles and team strategies becoming even more prominent, definable roles for players for multiple positions, new player roles and instructions and improvements to rival managers’ AI so that they’ll adapt their tactics more readily over time.

More realistic transfers and contracts

FM 2014 features a revamped transfer module where opposing clubs and managers adopt a more realistic approach when making or responding to transfer offers. In addition, a number of new ‘real world’ transfer clauses have been added, such as the facility to loan a player back to the club he’s just been bought from and the option to offer a combination of cash and loan players, as well as new contract clauses such as a sub bench appearance fee. On top of this, the old ‘turn-based’ system of transfer negotiations can now be done two ways, the tried and tested system and a new ‘live’ system, similar to that used in FM’s contract negotiations.

More sophisticated board interaction

Contract negotiations are more realistic in FM 2014, as managers and boards can now make demands and lay down their respective visions for the club in both initial job interviews and contract renewal discussions. Managers can also attempt to renegotiate transfer and wage budgets as a reward for staying loyal if they’ve been offered a job by another club, with the outcome helping aid their decision on whether to move or not.

Improved interaction with players, staff and media

There is now better interaction between players, managers, their rivals and the media; for example, members of the coaching staff now offer feedback on how reserve and youth team players are performing. Managers can also ask key players to have a word with unhappy squad members, while the introduction of an end-of-season meeting allows the manager to let the squad know how they have performed and set targets for the coming season.

News system

The news system has been overhauled so managers can now deal with many club matters directly from their inbox. In addition, news is now colour-coded, based on category, and contains more detail – for example, scout reports now appear as a single news item with a top-line report on all players scouted and the facility to shortlist or make an offer for each of these players.

Enhanced user interface

Major changes have been made to FM 2014’s user interface. Key areas have been redesigned – including the training overview page, the transfer centre and the news homepage – while widespread changes have been made across the game’s user interface. The language employed throughout the game has also enjoyed a major overhaul and now corresponds more closely to the language of real world football.

Football Manager Classic evolved

Managers can now choose more than three playable nations in Classic mode for a more immersive experience. In addition, FM’s ‘fast play’ mode now includes Transfer Deadline Day, a Match Plan wizard and new unlockables.

Last edited by kingfc22 : 10-30-2013 at 09:56 PM.
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:05 AM   #2
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

thread fail
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #3
Flasch186
Coordinator

Thread-y fail

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:54 PM   #4
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Of course they fucking announce it on a day where I'm out of town and in meetings all day.

THE NERVE!!!!

HAHA....WOOOO!!!!!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:56 PM   #5
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

CLOUD SAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

And improvements to tactics, contract negotiations, and of course Match Engine.

Can I plunk down my money on Steam yet for preorder????
Old 08-14-2013, 08:41 PM   #6
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
CLOUD SAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

And improvements to tactics, contract negotiations, and of course Match Engine.

Can I plunk down my money on Steam yet for preorder????

Yes.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:46 PM   #7
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Yes.

THANK YOU MV AND SIGAMES - PLUNKING DOWN MY HARD EARNED CASH RIGHT NOW!!!

Yes - without even reading about the new features anymore than what was posted up above in the first post.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 08-14-2013 at 08:46 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:55 PM   #8
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Damn, my Mac isn't powerful enough. Between this and Europa IV, it might be time to check out my old Dell account and get a PC. That's a reasonable excuse, right?
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:01 PM   #9
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Match plans look like they'll be a huge help for in-game tactics micromanagement according to situations.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:28 PM   #10
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Damn, my Mac isn't powerful enough. Between this and Europa IV, it might be time to check out my old Dell account and get a PC. That's a reasonable excuse, right?

Oh hell, ya!
Old 08-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #11
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Match plans look like they'll be a huge help for in-game tactics micromanagement according to situations.

They were in 2013.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:02 AM   #12
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
They were in 2013.

You can't create automatically-applied plans right now that say "If we're up by 1 goal in the 75th-90th minute then play '11 men behind the ball' and time-waste."

You have to manually apply them with shouts and such.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 08-15-2013 at 11:04 AM.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:30 PM   #13
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Old 08-15-2013, 01:03 PM   #14
Ronnie Dobbs3
High School Varsity

Testimonials confirmed: https://twitter.com/milesSI/status/367968651183259648
Ronnie Dobbs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:04 PM   #15
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Wait - that's from 2013?

How have I never discovered those in like 1000hrs of playing?!?!?!?!

FML

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 08-15-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:09 PM   #16
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Wait - that's from 2013?

How have I never discovered those in like 1000hrs of playing?!?!?!?!

FML

Do you ever play Classic mode, because it's not available in "full" mode?
Old 08-15-2013, 02:38 PM   #17
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Do you ever play Classic mode, because it's not available in "full" mode?

Never touched classic mode.

That'd be why I haven't seen it.

Nice to see it making its way into "full" mode - I think classic mode has been a great addition if for no other reason then for things like this - allowing a place to try out new ideas that can enhance the game.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:27 PM   #18
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

I can't imagine it's going to be in full mode. It's mentioned under classic mode up above.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:28 PM   #19
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I can't imagine it's going to be in full mode. It's mentioned under classic mode up above.

It is? I must have missed that distinction.

Booo...put it in full mode!!
Old 08-15-2013, 07:48 PM   #20
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I'm happy to see that customization -- in theory -- ought to be easier to implement.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:06 AM   #21
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

You know what would be awesome MV?

Cloud-save game compatibility between desktop-FM (I'd even settle for Classic mode because I assume full-mode would be too difficult), and FMH.

Can you imagine that??

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 08-18-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:01 PM   #22
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I'll just leave this here and get under cover before DT's head explodes:

We’re excited to officially announce that Football Manager Classic 2014 is coming to PlayStation Vita.

FMC14 for PS Vita is our first game to allow cross-platform play away from home computers, meaning that fans who own both FM14 (and play Classic mode) for PC, Mac or Linux and FMC14 for PS Vita will be able to carry on a single continuous game, whether they’re at home using their computer or out and about with their PlayStation Vita (or vice versa).

It will be the first ever handheld game to feature our 3D Match Engine, alongside a pretty much identical feature set to FMC on home computers. Play the game at home, at work, at Uni, on the bus, on the train – wherever you want to, with the saved game stored in the cloud.

FMC14 for PS Vita will be published by SEGA and will be available as both a physical release and a digital download through the PSN store. Look out for more information, including release date coming soon.

Welcome to the future of FM.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:20 PM   #23
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post

We’re excited to officially announce that Football Manager Classic 2014 is coming to PlayStation Vita.

FMC14 for PS Vita is our first game to allow cross-platform play away from home computers, meaning that fans who own both FM14 (and play Classic mode) for PC, Mac or Linux and FMC14 for PS Vita will be able to carry on a single continuous game, whether they’re at home using their computer or out and about with their PlayStation Vita (or vice versa).

It will be the first ever handheld game to feature our 3D Match Engine, alongside a pretty much identical feature set to FMC on home computers. Play the game at home, at work, at Uni, on the bus, on the train – wherever you want to, with the saved game stored in the cloud.

FMC14 for PS Vita will be published by SEGA and will be available as both a physical release and a digital download through the PSN store. Look out for more information, including release date coming soon.

Saw on FB earlier - now if we could just get it for iOS/Android and PC I'd officially be in geek heaven.

Saw also that it's something that I guess has been looked at, but it's a memory issue? Is that a storage-memory or RAM-memory issue? I presume RAM...
Old 08-23-2013, 12:35 PM   #24
SackAttack
Head Coach

GMG20-KCDKK-H4TPB

Voucher code I received in my email from Green Man Gaming. Good for 20% off a variety of stuff, including preorders for Football Manager 14, bringing the cost down to $39.99.

Fair warning, you may not get your Steam code right at midnight from these folks. I had to wait until about 8 or 9am on release morning to start playing Brave New World.

If saving $10 is worth the potential of a short wait, go get 'em. The code should be usable by anybody, as well.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #25
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Yoinked. Thanks, Sack
Old 08-23-2013, 01:16 PM   #26
Butter
Coordinator

So, we're just doing "Alright Boyz" threads on games that have been announced at this point rather than released.

What is the world coming to.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:17 PM   #27
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
If saving $10 is worth the potential of a short wait, go get 'em. The code should be usable by anybody, as well.

Quote:
Yoinked. Thanks, Sack

Just for clarity, usable by anybody means "yes, it'll still work, even though Foz used it." It's not a one-off code.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #28
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
So, we're just doing "Alright Boyz" threads on games that have been announced at this point rather than released.

FM is not just "a game." It's a way of life.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:51 PM   #29
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
Fair warning, you may not get your Steam code right at midnight from these folks. I had to wait until about 8 or 9am on release morning to start playing Brave New World.

I would assume that the game will be released at around midnight GMT on a Friday, as that is the usual UK game release day.

I am pretty sure that I got my FM code before the beta release last year when I preordered with GMG, so you might not have to wait.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:19 PM   #30
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

yeah, they say you get access to the beta by pre-ordering, so I assume that means they're going to send out steam keys pre-beta
Old 08-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #31
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan S View Post
I would assume that the game will be released at around midnight GMT on a Friday, as that is the usual UK game release day.

I am pretty sure that I got my FM code before the beta release last year when I preordered with GMG, so you might not have to wait.

Possible. Makes sense that there'd be less of a wait with FM14 than with BNW. Just, y'know, a word to the wise.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #32
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post

That's what post #2 was referencing. Pretty lame, but some may not know better.

So the game is up from 40 bucks to 50 bucks this year and the Green Man Gaming voucher has dropped from 35% off to 20% off. Laaaaaaaaaame.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:02 AM   #33
kingfc22
Head Coach

Hopefully the FOFC gods are appeased now...
Old 09-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #34
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Seriously, though, I've recently gotten back into FM via the Classic mode in FM13. To me, it definitely strikes the balance between having more immersion (to me) than FMH (sorry Marc, though I did buy 2 iOS versions of FMH and enjoyed it), and the time required to play the full version, which I no longer have.

I expect it would also be easier for newbies to pick up, but that's just me.

Last edited by flere-imsaho : 09-06-2013 at 09:56 PM. Reason: missed punctuation
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #35
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post

Seriously, though, I've recently gotten back into FM via the Classic mode in FM13. To me, it definitely strikes the balance between having more immersion (to me) than FMH (sorry Marc, though I did buy 2 iOS versions of FMH, and the time required to play the full version, which I no longer have.

I expect it would also be easier for newbies to pick up, but that's just me.

100% agreed! On vacation this week, and I've torn through FM13 with classic mode.
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:46 PM   #36
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Talking

Quote:

Wow!! I know I am about to get hooked back into this game. So happy to have a Vita and can't wait to buy both versions and have a long career!
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:16 PM   #37
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Wow!! I know I am about to get hooked back into this game. So happy to have a Vita and can't wait to buy both versions and have a long career!

How the hell did I miss this? This is absolutely fantastic. Will be a Day 1 purchase with the Vita/PC integration. I'm sure this will be a much bigger deal overseas.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #38
kingfc22
Head Coach

October 31st is the release date!
Old 09-13-2013, 10:39 AM   #39
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

HUAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2013, 01:35 PM   #40
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

woohoo! damn thats still 1 and a half months away
Old 09-13-2013, 01:38 PM   #41
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Includes link to press release. Just saw that Vita version also has 3D.

****mouth waters***

Football Manager 2014 launching October 31, adds Vita cross-save support | Joystiq
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #42
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
woohoo! damn thats still 1 and a half months away

1 month to demo...
Old 09-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #43
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

SI Games is just as evil (in the good way) as EA is evil (in the bad way).

FMC is a great example of this. Guys everywhere who are now fathers had, by 2012, made peace with the idea that the days of playing FM into the early morning was behind them.

Then SI introduces FMC and is all like "Don't worry, guys, now instead of 'one more match' leading to realizing the sun is rising and you stayed up all night now it'll be 'one more match' and then having to stop because your kid woke up and you just realized it's 2:00 AM."

Pure. Unadulterated. Evil.

Also: Awesome.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:47 PM   #44
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Miles released some 2014 editor related news. This seems like something significant.

Quote:
Advanced competition rules are now editable (which means that it’s now possible to edit existing league structures within the FM database)

So if I'm understanding correctly instead of having to re-create entire leagues to make changes, you can just edit the existing leagues now.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:03 AM   #45
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Miles released some 2014 editor related news. This seems like something significant.

So if I'm understanding correctly instead of having to re-create entire leagues to make changes, you can just edit the existing leagues now.

That is huge!!

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:36 AM   #46
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
That is huge!!

That'll make an "American Premier League" so easy to create...
Old 10-02-2013, 09:43 AM   #47
Grover
Pro Starter

Can't wait.

Now to decide who my dynasty will be.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:10 AM   #48
markprior22
High School Varsity

Is the handheld version typically available around the same time as the full game? My laptop won't handle FM anymore. It is only a couple of years old but isn't a gaming machine...video card apparently can't handle the graphics of the full game.
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #49
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22 View Post
Is the handheld version typically available around the same time as the full game? My laptop won't handle FM anymore. It is only a couple of years old but isn't a gaming machine...video card apparently can't handle the graphics of the full game.

Football Manager Handheld will be available before Christmas but I'm not allowed to talk about it yet ... there are a fair few surprises waiting for people in this years version though
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #50
markprior22
High School Varsity

Thanks Marc
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote