Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-19-2009, 10:36 AM   #851
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by law90026 View Post
will need an invite, close to El Dolado.

send me a telegram and I'll invite you

FM
Old 04-19-2009, 10:42 AM   #852
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
send me a telegram and I'll invite you

FM

invite sent to DaLaw, just couldn't figure out your West username for a moment...

Always help to mention it when asking for an invite in here instead of going through telegram...

Just starting what will be the final 30 minutes necessary to upgrade our tailor to level 2. Will report back with what's available a bit later on...

Keep money going guys, both towns are doing quite while in terms of improving quickly...

FM
Old 04-19-2009, 10:54 AM   #853
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Odd question but maybe someone has figured it out

You start a job at 100 motivation, do it for 2 hours, motivation declines if you come back to do that job again. Was the second hour done at 100% motivation or less than that?

In other words, is the motivation for the entire task determined by the level shown when you assign the job or does it decline?

Point being, do you get credit for the highest motivation possible on a job by assigning it in a two hour block, or if you're shooting for an item, is there no loss of motivation from doing it one hour at a time (since it's accounting for the decreased motivation in the second hour already)?
Old 04-19-2009, 11:15 AM   #854
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Just starting what will be the final 30 minutes necessary to upgrade our tailor to level 2. Will report back with what's available a bit later on...

Keep money going guys, both towns are doing quite while in terms of improving quickly...

I'm 15 minutes away from level 13 and was going to head back for some more construction. With the tailor being just about done, is the residence next?
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:23 AM   #855
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Level 8!

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:33 AM   #856
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
I'm 15 minutes away from level 13 and was going to head back for some more construction. With the tailor being just about done, is the residence next?

I thought about gunsmith before, but I'm thinking now that with our rotating of donators in and out, it might make our life easier to go with level two of the residences. Watcha think?

FM
Old 04-19-2009, 11:34 AM   #857
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
it might make our life easier to go with level two of the residences. Watcha think?

I think this sounds good & wise.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:37 AM   #858
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I thought about gunsmith before, but I'm thinking now that with our rotating of donators in and out, it might make our life easier to go with level two of the residences. Watcha think?

FM

We also seem to have a number of builders on their way up, so we'll need more permanent town spots for them. I'll start on the residence.

I'm now at level 13 with 141 construction LP. Including the 5% bonus...148.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:41 AM   #859
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Odd question but maybe someone has figured it out

You start a job at 100 motivation, do it for 2 hours, motivation declines if you come back to do that job again. Was the second hour done at 100% motivation or less than that?

In other words, is the motivation for the entire task determined by the level shown when you assign the job or does it decline?

Point being, do you get credit for the highest motivation possible on a job by assigning it in a two hour block, or if you're shooting for an item, is there no loss of motivation from doing it one hour at a time (since it's accounting for the decreased motivation in the second hour already)?

really have no clue either way. It taking into account the decrease motivation halfway through could make sense since you can stop a job midway and get a work report for the unit of time that has passed, but really I have no clue. I usually always schedule my work in longer work periods anyway, unless I'm stuck with only 12 energy points, or I want to put in a bit more work before going to sleep (in real life) and I then book my guy for two hours and sleep in the two operation queue...

FM
Old 04-19-2009, 11:43 AM   #860
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
I think this sounds good & wise.

Quote:
We also seem to have a number of builders on their way up, so we'll need more permanent town spots for them. I'll start on the residence.

good, level 2 of residences it is! Also, the gunsmith would probably not bring us any instant reward. Maybe someday, when we'll hit level 3 or 4, but level 1 is usually rocks and a sling shot...

FM
Old 04-19-2009, 11:51 AM   #861
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Did we take a break on working on the town or? Seems like Troutville has had 1 resident and around 1000 pts for the last few days.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:51 AM   #862
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

I'm slowly working my way up the level ladder...is there any particular "job" I should be aiming to achieve to help out the FOFC community??
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:15 PM   #863
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyshaka View Post
I'm slowly working my way up the level ladder...is there any particular "job" I should be aiming to achieve to help out the FOFC community??

In general, I think the construction/worker is the main job to help in building the towns, but I think we have that covered. Beyond that, I don't think there is any specific job that helps the community as a whole, just you so I'd say follow the path you want.

Although, I've found that in using the job calculator, you want to try to plan your next job out rather than just throwing down skills in a random bucket. The higher up the job chain you go, the more $ and XP you get which helps out the group as a whole.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 04-19-2009, 12:17 PM   #864
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Nice item for constructors now in the level 2 tailor shop in El Dolado.
$30 for Black Ragged Shoes - +4 leadership, +4 repairing
Old 04-19-2009, 12:17 PM   #865
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
In general, I think the construction/worker is the main job to help in building the towns, but I think we have that covered. Beyond that, I don't think there is any specific job that helps the community as a whole, just you so I'd say follow the path you want.

Although, I've found that in using the job calculator, you want to try to plan your next job out rather than just throwing down skills in a random bucket. The higher up the job chain you go, the more $ and XP you get which helps out the group as a whole.

what he said. Workers, we'll be fine I think. We'll need money, always lots of money, so work your way up to eventually do jobs that are rewarding with money.

If you were talking about the menial jobs yo are currently doing, keep doing whatever you need to level up.

FM
Old 04-19-2009, 12:18 PM   #866
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Nice item for constructors now in the level 2 tailor shop in El Dolado.
$30 for Black Ragged Shoes - +4 leadership, +4 repairing

brown ragged shoes still beat them, +4 construction times 3 when applied to building improvements...

FM
Old 04-19-2009, 12:19 PM   #867
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If you were talking about the menial jobs yo are currently doing, keep doing whatever you need to level up.

And even on those the aforementioned calculator can be very helpful.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:20 PM   #868
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
brown ragged shoes still beat them, +4 construction times 3 when applied to building improvements...

What if I wear one shoe from each pair?

Actually didn't even think about not being able to wear both pair. I think this stomach bug that's playing havoc in my house this weekend must have gone to my brain.

re: this stomach bug -- I just wish my son was old enough to drive. I'm marginally healthier than my wife for the past three days so I've had "go get jello", "go get popsicle" duty along with "take Will to XYZ" duty. I don't feel much better than she does and all this running around is getting extremely fucking tiresome.
There. I've vented (in about the only place I can).

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 04-19-2009 at 12:22 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:23 PM   #869
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

update the El Dolado tailor page:
In the Tailor of El Dolado, you will find... ‎(The FOFC Empire on The West)‎

Brown Cap can be very useful for outdoor kind of jobs, +6 toughness, +3 horseback riding...

FM
Old 04-19-2009, 02:02 PM   #870
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Howa are the treasuries of the two towns looking ATM? I'll have about $250-300 to donate in about five hours.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:07 PM   #871
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Made level 11, 101 labor points (with bonuses, etc).

Got my next 8 hours scheduled setting up telegraph lines so, I should be level 12 tonight.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:08 PM   #872
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

El Dolado has about $400 currently. Not sure about Troutville. I'm wondering if we'll need to put more effort into Troutville sometime? We seem to have outgrown them. Might be time to even it up again.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:17 PM   #873
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
El Dolado has about $400 currently. Not sure about Troutville. I'm wondering if we'll need to put more effort into Troutville sometime? We seem to have outgrown them. Might be time to even it up again.

I was kind of thinking the same thing to be honest. Would be nice to get the residences up another level first (if we could) though.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:22 PM   #874
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

well I am at Troutville. and would love to put money there (and buy a donkey)
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:40 PM   #875
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
well I am at Troutville. and would love to put money there (and buy a donkey)

Sent!
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:42 PM   #876
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:

I think were ok, im at 89% on the way to level 2 tailor - Ive just been doing some jobs outside of the town the last 24 hours, my motivation was under 90% for town building. The Level 2 tailor should be done in about a hour. woo.
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:53 PM   #877
dbd1963
High School JV

I'm in Troutville sleeping and I've got a spare $300 to share. Send an invite to Feadhel.
dbd1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:02 PM   #878
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:

and I'm thinking it's not really the money that's been hurting Troutville, but the lack of a second worker. Poor chinaski told us about having low motivation for upgrading building so it was only a matter of time before he'd have to take a rest from building and let time take its course...

Who's next in the worker group after chinaski, BrianD, and well me?

I'm sure people will start passing me soon and it'll be my pleasure to let other people work on improving the town(s) and go back to grab bagfuls of money...

FM
Old 04-19-2009, 05:14 PM   #879
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Who's next in the worker group after chinaski, BrianD, and well me?

I'm sure people will start passing me soon and it'll be my pleasure to let other people work on improving the town(s) and go back to grab bagfuls of money...

FM

Possibly me. Was my impression no one wanted anyone under 120 LP to work in the towns. I haven't pushed the issue. Figure I'd get an invite when I get an invite...
Old 04-19-2009, 05:20 PM   #880
hawk4669
High School JV

I wouldn't mind helping with the town a bit. I also have almost $200 more to contribute to either town.

Oh...and hit level 12 today.

Just let me know what is needed.

Cheers!

www.hbfire.org
hawk4669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:25 PM   #881
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Finally hit level 10 and chose to be an Adventurer and then selected Trapper from there. I can finally work on the beans quest as well.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:52 PM   #882
Danny
Head Coach

Huckleberry has some some money to donate to Troutville, can I can get an invite?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:59 PM   #883
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Possibly me. Was my impression no one wanted anyone under 120 LP to work in the towns. I haven't pushed the issue. Figure I'd get an invite when I get an invite...

how high is your gross construction labor points? Census shows you as a level 10, with 100 gross construction LP, is that still accurate?

FM

edit: and you are indeed the one right under BrianD as 4th in the "depth chart"

Last edited by FrogMan : 04-19-2009 at 06:00 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:03 PM   #884
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I just noticed that once I hit level 9 hopefully tomorrow I will be able to hunt turkey, and by the looks of it, that is some massive experience. Awesome!
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:22 PM   #885
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
I just noticed that once I hit level 9 hopefully tomorrow I will be able to hunt turkey, and by the looks of it, that is some massive experience. Awesome!

:grumble:

RIP
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:24 PM   #886
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
how high is your gross construction labor points? Census shows you as a level 10, with 100 gross construction LP, is that still accurate?

104 LP, Level 11.

Although, that will change again tonight when I level up around 9 tonight and I can expend a nugget to get the premium benefit so... could be around 121 tonight.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:26 PM   #887
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
104 LP, Level 11.

Although, that will change again tonight when I level up around 9 tonight and I can expend a nugget to get the premium benefit so... could be around 121 tonight.

good, good, is that 104 with the 5% for being a worker or not? Just so I put in the right figure on the census...

FM
Old 04-19-2009, 06:29 PM   #888
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
good, good, is that 104 with the 5% for being a worker or not? Just so I put in the right figure on the census...

FM

Ya, 104 with all the goodies right now.

Although, if you want, you can hold off until tonight updating me since it is going to change soon.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:33 PM   #889
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Ya, 104 with all the goodies right now.

Although, if you want, you can hold off until tonight updating me since it is going to change soon.

cool, I'll wait a bit. You do know that the 5% for being a worker doesn't show up anywhere but on the screen when you go to Town Hall to schedule a town improvement? The West Stats doesn't pull your character and as such, it's only adding up the five skills (with the proper equipment bonus) without adding up 5% to the total...

Just making sure...

FM
Old 04-19-2009, 06:36 PM   #890
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Speaking of the premium gold nugs... I have been thinking about buying 20 of those... Looking at the premiums that you can use them in what do you guys think? Any of them look like they would be a huge plus, any look like it would be a waste?
Old 04-19-2009, 06:38 PM   #891
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

dola-

looking at them they appear all to be a pretty decent advantage. I was thinking maybe of buying 20 and using them all at once and just for 14 days being able to be an adventurer on crack basically...
Old 04-19-2009, 06:40 PM   #892
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Speaking of the premium gold nugs... I have been thinking about buying 20 of those... Looking at the premiums that you can use them in what do you guys think? Any of them look like they would be a huge plus, any look like it would be a waste?

there are a couple of quests that will give you a shot at using some of the premiums, don't know what level they come though.

The extra rest thingie would be good if you can be online often and you always run your guy down. Useless for me as I can't log in during the day.

The longer queue one would be for a guy like me, cause I could set 3 jobs in the queue and send my guy back to sleep with the fourth. Basically keep him active for six hours during the day and run him down when I get back home.

The extra money one looked nice, but I never really realized how much more it gave me, if anything...

FM
Old 04-19-2009, 06:43 PM   #893
Danny
Head Coach

I considered buying a few nuggets and seeing how it was, but to date haven't. I might wait until I get it free and see if it increased my experience in the game.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:45 PM   #894
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Im thinkin the extra money would be nice for the towns as with the trapping I will later on be banking no matter what with the jobs I can do, correct?

Trying to figure out what the most efficient way of spending 20 nuggets would be though.

Wonder with the extra queue spots if that would make the 150 energy points essential?

What about the character bonus that is doubled?
Old 04-19-2009, 06:48 PM   #895
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

But then again.. Im still a greenhorn so the character class thing wouldn't effect me, eh?
Old 04-19-2009, 06:49 PM   #896
Danny
Head Coach

I'd say the energy one is great if you can be on to not waste the extra working time.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:50 PM   #897
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Wonder with the extra queue spots if that would make the 150 energy points essential?

Maybe, but it again depends on how often you can access the game. As I said, I can only log in before going to work in the morning, so I sometimes set my guy to do two jobs before going to bed myself, without him going to bed, cause I know I won't be able to use any extra energy point he'll have in the morning anyway. The longer queue would help me use more, without me really needing the 150 total energy points, although maybe I could use them too.

Quote:
What about the character bonus that is doubled?

Take a look at the character page, every character class has 4 bonuses. It's those bonuses that are doubled.

FM
Old 04-19-2009, 06:50 PM   #898
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
But then again.. Im still a greenhorn so the character class thing wouldn't effect me, eh?

yeah, not now, see my reply just above...

FM
Old 04-19-2009, 06:54 PM   #899
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Is it possible to join the town, set to sleep (for free) and then leave the town? I'd like to save the $10 if I can, but it's not a big deal if I can't.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:56 PM   #900
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Is it possible to join the town, set to sleep (for free) and then leave the town? I'd like to save the $10 if I can, but it's not a big deal if I can't.

Nope, was proven not to be possible yesterday. Simply save $10 from your donation...

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 04-19-2009 at 06:56 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote