Chaos:
Swaggs

Likely Mutant:
Saldana
Alan
Old 09-04-2006, 10:15 PM   #2102
st.cronin
General Manager

I would be stunned if both Sal and Al turned out to be mutants. I think Al is probably ok.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:30 PM   #2103
kingfc22
Head Coach

Thinking about this a little more, the thing that confuses me the most is that grey converted mustang, but Alan has the same ability. Maybe it is likely that we have 2 of these roles in the game on the side of the Emperor to offset Swaggs ability to convert.

The reason I put Alan in my mutant side of the list is because I couldn't think of a way for him and grey for both to be good.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:36 PM   #2104
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

personally I'm having a hard time deciding on who to visit tonight.
I want to visit Swaggs, but I'm already positive he's chaos and I doubt it will change the mind of those who doubt me.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 11:09 PM   #2105
Swaggs
Coordinator

Wow... well played, guys. Looks like I got railroaded.

Catching up now.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 11:45 PM   #2106
Swaggs
Coordinator

Well, I obviously made a very big mistake by not revealing earlier today, but I wanted to protect people as well as I could.

I am cursed and as such, am abnormal, but I am loyal to the emperor. The counter to this is that I cannot be lynched, period. If I am lynched, nothing will happen, at all. I can be killed by a night action (I feel reasonably decent about revealing that now, with bullet and mustang dead). Each night, I have the ability to research the history of my gene-line to try and figure out how to overcome the curse.

Without giving away my PMs, here is what I have been up to:
Night 1: I was told that it was very important that Alan T survive this "troubling time." Without him, my chances for survival would become very small.
Night 2: I learned that there was an artifact that had been passed down through many generations. And it is currently owned by a high ranking council member.
Night 3: I learned that, it is believed that the family of Fouts once possed a spear that had, in the past, prevented my ancestors from acting upon the curse.
Night 4: It seems that, as I age, I will develop (paraphrasing here) uncontrollable vampire-like tendencies.

I think there is still more to be learned and king is welcome to check me to verify my capabilities. I am not sure how Mustang knew about the curse, but I suspect he is in a group with one of the many seers. I am guessing that there were two or three chaos remaining and he was one of them. I think the conversion thing was a ploy to buy more time and get us to re-consider the few people that have been cleared.

I understand that I look bad and this is a lot to swallow. I wish I would have revealed before Mustang swung things onto me. I hope I am not lynched tomorrow because it will just delay things and help the chaos gain numbers. If I am killed tonight, I believe we can trust Fouts and Alan T, as my "research" has indicated that they are helpful and loyal to the emperor.

Keep in mind that Mustang kept quiet and didn't accuse me of anything all day long until after we learned that he had tried to kill Alan AND it looked like he was going to be lynched. Not to mention he is a freakin' ghost now--how normal is that?
Old 09-05-2006, 12:44 AM   #2107
Fouts
College Starter

You have got to be kidding me. I have the least amount of info out of all of us and *I* am deciding the tie breakers??? Give me a break.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 01:22 AM   #2108
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
You have got to be kidding me. I have the least amount of info out of all of us and *I* am deciding the tie breakers??? Give me a break.

Old 09-05-2006, 01:36 AM   #2109
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post

My post was directed at tanglewood. He gives everyone else ways of finding out info, but I decide who dies.

However, I still think Mustang was bad.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:07 AM   #2110
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Wow, okay, not sure where to go with that story from Swaggs. I still believe Mustang was a converted Chaos (which somehow relates to how he ends up a ghost), mostly because there's too much evidence suggesting grey is good, thus my belief in what he proposed about Mustang.

Could Mustang have been confused about Swaggs? Not sure. Swaggs' story seems like entirely too much to be just a fake reveal, but there is probably at least some truth to it anyway. I don't know that any of what he put up excludes him from being Chaos. I do wish he had said something before Mustang came out.

I think if I were here to hear all testimony, I could make a more educated vote here. Unfortunately, I will not be. It is Tuesday, and my usual Tuesday schedule--working all day at both of my jobs--applies. This will be my last post until well after the vote.

I am putting in a vote now, but I know it won't count. I just want to be on the record as having voted.

VOTE SWAGGS

I look forward to reading what transpires when I get home tonight,

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 06:12 AM   #2111
Fouts
College Starter

I won't be on much today, since I have classes. Not that it matters, I haven't a clue on whats going on. Maybe I'll get lucky and they killed me. I'll try to get a vote in later today.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:50 AM   #2112
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Keep in mind that Mustang kept quiet and didn't accuse me of anything all day long until after we learned that he had tried to kill Alan AND it looked like he was going to be lynched. Not to mention he is a freakin' ghost now--how normal is that?

I was never on the board. That was verified and stated by someone a few pages back.

Of course nothing will happen the first night, I already said that nothing might happen the first night you are killed so, you just confirmed part of what I was saying that, if lynched, either you wouldn't be killed and it would take a second night OR you would be killed and then possess someone and live on.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 07:48 AM   #2113
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

King explain something to me...

If your power lets you know someone is a mutant (ie: Saldana), then why do you suspect I am a mutant after you already scanned me? Is this just guilt by association?

For whatever its worth, for almost the entire game I have acknowledged that Saldana was possibly a mutant, so if he is one, its not a huge suprise to me. My point up until we found Mustang was that with 2+ chaos out there we should focus on them more.

Now that we might be down to one chaos, that changes in my mind, and rooting out the mutants is probably in our best interest...

I think mustang knew a little too much about Swaggs's abilities to think Swaggs' role reveal was real. Explain to me how a chaos person would know Swaggs won't die when lynched if Swaggs is a good guy? I guess the biggest question would be if Swaggs really can keep converting people. If so, then I don't understand why not continue trying (like the spawn game you were often better off just trying to convert someone), since their assassination attempts don't seem too sturdy (failing twice)...

Something here just doesn't add up for me... I guess today's big question is if we go after Swaggs assuming it will be lynch #1 of 2, or do we go after Saldana being a mutant and see if we can validate King's story/role more.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:16 AM   #2114
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Okay. Finally caught up. Lats night I investigated saldana because something just didn't seem right. To my pleasent surprise I was RIGHT.

My investigation was very hard last night. It took me a lot of sources to get any information about saldana. The biggest information is that he is not strictly a member of the imperium. IMO, he is a mutant.

As far as his role goes, he does get visions at night, but they are sometimes cloudy and there is no way to be sure when they are going to be about. The only thing I know for sure about his power is that the visions are frequent and involuntary.

wow king, that is indeed big news....its a good thing you revealed that about me, otherwise no one would have ever known that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
you are correct, i am not part of the imperium. the navigators guild operates independantly, but that does not mean i am against you by any means. in fact, the guild has one simply objective, and that is stability throughout the galaxy.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:18 AM   #2115
saldana
Pro Starter

dola...the post of mine is number 209....so kings big announcement is only about 1900 posts late.

i have admitted that i am not a member of the imperium, and i have admitted that i am a psyker...all members of the guild are, its how we are able to perform our jobs....check wikipedia if you dont believe me. none of this makes me a mutant for the purposes of this game.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:25 AM   #2116
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Wow, okay, not sure where to go with that story from Swaggs. I still believe Mustang was a converted Chaos (which somehow relates to how he ends up a ghost), mostly because there's too much evidence suggesting grey is good, thus my belief in what he proposed about Mustang.

Could Mustang have been confused about Swaggs? Not sure. Swaggs' story seems like entirely too much to be just a fake reveal, but there is probably at least some truth to it anyway. I don't know that any of what he put up excludes him from being Chaos. I do wish he had said something before Mustang came out.

I think if I were here to hear all testimony, I could make a more educated vote here. Unfortunately, I will not be. It is Tuesday, and my usual Tuesday schedule--working all day at both of my jobs--applies. This will be my last post until well after the vote.

I am putting in a vote now, but I know it won't count. I just want to be on the record as having voted.

VOTE SWAGGS

I look forward to reading what transpires when I get home tonight,

Unfortunate, but understandable.

Voting for me will do nothing but give the bad guys a free day without a chance for a lynching.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:33 AM   #2117
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I think mustang knew a little too much about Swaggs's abilities to think Swaggs' role reveal was real. Explain to me how a chaos person would know Swaggs won't die when lynched if Swaggs is a good guy? I guess the biggest question would be if Swaggs really can keep converting people. If so, then I don't understand why not continue trying (like the spawn game you were often better off just trying to convert someone), since their assassination attempts don't seem too sturdy (failing twice)...

King knew that Brian would have a counterstrike if attacked. There are three seers. Why is it so far fetched to believe that Mustang would know that I cannot die during the day?

I hope people will consider the fact that Mustang was spotted trying to kill someone last night, the fact that he turned on me when he got into danger with the voting, and the fact that he turned into a freaking ghost, rather than dying and revealing his true form, and, I think the biggest thing, is that he brought up the point of conversions. Bringing conversions into the picture, to me, appears to be an attempt to get us to waste time re-examining things we have already examined, buying them enough time to get numbers a little more in their favor.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:10 AM   #2118
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm out until lunchtime.

Just thinking things over, if everything Mustang has accused me of is true, then I have the ability to kill twice per night (yet haven't), the ability to convert people, and I cannot be killed. Does that make sense at all?
Old 09-05-2006, 09:16 AM   #2119
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Not much in this game makes sense so far.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:22 AM   #2120
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

You once more awake and are greeted by screams. It seems one of the servants found the body of AlanT, gruesomely half devoured and impaled upon one of the flag poles hanging from the walls. He is a sorry sight. However, something even more startling becomes apparent when you enter the chamber for the daily session. It seems that Blade, the lord Commander Militant, is once again with you. How can this be? The day ahead will ceratinly not be uneventful one feels.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 09:23 AM   #2121
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I'm going to withhold judgement until the results of the night actions become available. Swaggs story sounds good, but I can't discount Grey sticking up for Mustang. If Swaggs says that conversion to Chaos can't happen, then I have to believe Grey even more about Mustang.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 09:26 AM   #2122
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Ok, who brough Blade back?
Old 09-05-2006, 09:29 AM   #2123
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

lol

well good luck people who actually are on my team.

Everyone else I hope you die in a fire!
Old 09-05-2006, 09:49 AM   #2124
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
lol

well good luck people who actually are on my team.

Everyone else I hope you die in a fire!

Sorry to see you go. I think we had a chance to kick a little tail in this game, but couldn't quite get on the same page. We'll have to talk after and see what went wrong.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:08 AM   #2125
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I see dead people.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:13 AM   #2126
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I see dead people.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:15 AM   #2127
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Oops, silly board hiccup.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:21 AM   #2128
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I cc: Dead People

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:20 AM   #2129
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

i visited fouts last night because i was unsure whether he was chaos or just an overzealous villager.

It turns out the latter is true. I hope this means he'll trust me now and we can focus on getting rid of the bad guys.

vote swaggs
Old 09-05-2006, 11:36 AM   #2130
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
i visited fouts last night because i was unsure whether he was chaos or just an overzealous villager.

It turns out the latter is true. I hope this means he'll trust me now and we can focus on getting rid of the bad guys.

vote swaggs

Thank you. I was figuring he was an overzealous villager, but I just wasn't sure. I'll join you and

Vote Swaggs
Old 09-05-2006, 11:39 AM   #2131
st.cronin
General Manager

VOTE SWAGGS

I want to know why Blade is back in game, though.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:03 PM   #2132
Swaggs
Coordinator

So, last night I converted someone and killed Alan, right? Alan, who is one of the guys I said could help me and stood up for a few days ago.

Oh well... there have been some very good moves this game and I will have some respect for the bad guys if you guys actually vote for me everyday, while they kill people at night.

Since Alan is dead, my only hope is that Fouts can somehow verify that I am cursed, but I am not holding my breath.

I'll go ahead and vote now, since I don't figure there will be much going on for me today.

Vote Greyroofoo

I don't know for sure that he is bad, but he sure has been pulling some strings the past few days, and since we now know, for certain, that Alan was a loyal human, their redundant roles don't pass the smell test for me.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:07 PM   #2133
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
So, last night I converted someone and killed Alan, right? Alan, who is one of the guys I said could help me and stood up for a few days ago.

Oh well... there have been some very good moves this game and I will have some respect for the bad guys if you guys actually vote for me everyday, while they kill people at night.

Since Alan is dead, my only hope is that Fouts can somehow verify that I am cursed, but I am not holding my breath.

I'll go ahead and vote now, since I don't figure there will be much going on for me today.

Vote Greyroofoo

I don't know for sure that he is bad, but he sure has been pulling some strings the past few days, and since we now know, for certain, that Alan was a loyal human, their redundant roles don't pass the smell test for me.

i for one want to hear what fouts posts too
Old 09-05-2006, 12:23 PM   #2134
Swaggs
Coordinator

Man, I still can't believe I got set up so well in such a short period of time and, after yesterday, people believe Mustang so much.

I am impressed.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:30 PM   #2135
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Man, I still can't believe I got set up so well in such a short period of time and, after yesterday, people believe Mustang so much.

I am impressed.

Actually, it was people believing Grey so much.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:32 PM   #2136
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
Actually, it was people believing Grey so much.

Has he viewed me yet?
Old 09-05-2006, 12:34 PM   #2137
Swaggs
Coordinator

BTW, no hard feelings guys.

I would probably vote for me with the way things are layed out right now. It just stinks that it will take you guys two straight days of it before realizing you got duped.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:09 PM   #2138
saldana
Pro Starter

ok, i am still alive...i dont remember ever playing a game of ww where i was unhappy about that...

fouts, brianD, anything notable to report?
Old 09-05-2006, 01:11 PM   #2139
Blade6119
Coordinator

Well hello ladies
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 01:14 PM   #2140
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Well hello ladies

care to explain your ubiquitous return to our little party.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:15 PM   #2141
Lorena
Unregistered

Wow, what a turn of events; I'm a little glad I didn't participate or I would have gone senile by now
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 01:16 PM   #2142
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, i would love to hear the opinions of someone that has been on the sidelines...your perspective should be totally unique. (and i mean that with all sincerety, not taking a pot shot or anything)
Old 09-05-2006, 01:16 PM   #2143
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
care to explain your ubiquitous return to our little party.
I could, but you would prob. just call me a liar repeatedly
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:16 PM   #2144
Blade6119
Coordinator

Demotivation
Old 09-05-2006, 01:17 PM   #2145
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
I could, but you would prob. just call me a liar repeatedly

apparently, you have all the memories of the last iteration of blade.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:17 PM   #2146
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, i thought grudges were not transportable from one incarnation to the next. ??
Old 09-05-2006, 01:19 PM   #2147
Blade6119
Coordinator

Ive got classes for the next 3-4 hours, and will need time to really read, not skim like when i was dead, the last 20 or so pages...i will say this much:

How is grey soo trusted? He didnt get past my guards because he was good, as some reasoned, he got past because his position in our government is 2nd only to the emporer. GE is still alive, which doesnt make sense. They kill fozzie, the mutant hunter, but leave the one guy who can hunt them? I call BS. I might be missing some key evidence, but right now im still stunned grey is alive and trusted. The fact GE is alive in my mind casts a terrible light on grey, not some good one. Can anyone tell me why grey isnt dead, and further why he is becoming trusted(i saw this in the reasoning for why people were voting swaggs, which i have no idea about, havent read that far)
Demotivation
Old 09-05-2006, 01:20 PM   #2148
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
dola, i thought grudges were not transportable from one incarnation to the next. ??
Do you not see the smiley in the next post? It was a joke, and alan's death has taken you off my radar, for now...
Demotivation
Old 09-05-2006, 01:25 PM   #2149
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Do you not see the smiley in the next post? It was a joke, and alan's death has taken you off my radar, for now...

i knew that...i was dicking with you the whole time...i would have been more surprised if you werent pisses.

as far as grey goes, he vouched for bullet, who came up clean....and as far as i am concerned, he is #1 on my suspect list....i am just waiting to vote until i hear from fouts and brian about what happened to them last night, since i saw both of them involved with someone else....one of whom i do know, the other i dont.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:27 PM   #2150
Swaggs
Coordinator

What a cruel irony...

Blade returns from the dead and is making sense to me, but it is probably going to fall upon deaf ears.