Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-06-2020, 08:08 AM   #25251
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
At this point he has to be trying to lose? I mean, he is pandering to his shrinking base and doubling down. Not even trying to appeal to a bigger group.

Or you're secure in the knowledge that the only way you're going to win is fixing the ballot boxes so do whatever you want because it doesn't matter anyway

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 08:10 AM   #25252
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
More like "Don't like politics we don't agree with", neh?

Let's be fair. It is politics that we don't agree with. But it is also "politics that I am not used to seeing here."

I watch a lot of sports. And American sports have always had a cozy relationship with conservative politics--so much so that you don't even really notice it. So it is a bit jarring to start seeing politics from the left get into sports.

I used to attend a decent amount of live theater. And theater has had a cozy relationship with left-wing politics, so much so that you don't even really notice it. And I am pretty sure that if a theater got a huge sponsorship from the NRA, you would see a lot of theatergoers threaten boycotts, etc. and generally be against "politics getting into theater"--even as they had sat through various programs for "HIV Awareness" and the like over the years without even realizing that they were political (because when you agree with something, it does not feel political).

So even though I agree with the direction the NFL is moving, I have sympathy for people for whom it feel very jarring and wrong and "political" in a way that sports has not seemed in the past.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 08:13 AM   #25253
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

it's all he knows. I think that's one of the things that made COVID-19 the thing that is dragging Trump down when so many other things could have.

All the other things, he could make about other people.

"Those women are lying"
"The Democrats are persecuting me"
"The Fake News Media is twisting things"

He could create a bubble that people who wanted to believe (that women were lying, that the democrats were just playing politics as usual, that the "Fake news media" just was making up shit to get ratings.) It was comforting to folks to believe the alternative reality Trump made, so they decided to do it

COVID? As the old presidential sign said, "The buck stops here" (and here is the president's desk). As much as he wants to make it about other people, COVID-19 doesn't give a fuck about President Trump. It just wants to spread. So this becomes the moment that people can no longer believe the fantasy.

(It doesn't help that he doesn't have sports or other things to try to distract people with)
Old 07-06-2020, 08:41 AM   #25254
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
At this point he has to be trying to lose? I mean, he is pandering to his shrinking base and doubling down. Not even trying to appeal to a bigger group.

Outside his 40% base, all he had was the economy being in good shape and he always was trying to repeat his inside straight in the Electoral College. If the economy is down and out for the rest of 2020, he has no backup plan aside from trying to kick off a race war that would draw the suburbs back.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 08:48 AM   #25255
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Old 07-06-2020, 09:12 AM   #25256
kingfc22
Head Coach

Would love to see demographics on what percentage of his core base has significant savings, investments, etc that would be benefitting off the stock market in a truly meaningful way.

Last edited by kingfc22 : 07-06-2020 at 09:13 AM.
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 09:17 AM   #25257
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Would love to see demographics on what percentage of his core base has significant savings, investments, etc that would be benefitting off the stock market in a truly meaningful way.

Honestly, probably a decent amount.

People describe Trump's base as "working class," but that does not really mean "poor."

For all of the image of Trump's voters as out-of-work coal miners, it is really more car salesmen and the like--people who do likely have a personal stake in the market.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:19 AM   #25258
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post

At this point, I think it's even money that he complains that blacks can say the n word while whites can't.

He is angry that the Trump 2020 car got wrecked on pit row in yesterday’s race and finished 39th out of 40. And the Fox did not give the car barely a mention.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 09:20 AM   #25259
bronconick
College Starter

#SCOTUS's last *two* opinions for the day, handed down simultaneously, are in the "faithless elector" cases:

Short version: "A State may enforce an elector’s pledge to support his party’s nominee—and the state voters’ choice—for President."
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 09:22 AM   #25260
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
He is angry that the Trump 2020 car got wrecked on pit row in yesterday’s race and finished 39th out of 40. And the Fox did not give the car barely a mention.

Well, the race was on NBC, so...

That does make a lot of sense as to why he was weighing in on something that happened 2 weeks ago.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:22 AM   #25261
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
#SCOTUS's last *two* opinions for the day, handed down simultaneously, are in the "faithless elector" cases:

Short version: "A State may enforce an elector’s pledge to support his party’s nominee—and the state voters’ choice—for President."

9-0 decision as well.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:27 AM   #25262
henry296
College Starter

Quote:

I wouldn't call them his base, but wealthier Americans tend to be Republican.

This exit poll data shows Trump winning with voters who make over $50K / year and in all buckets from 50-100, 100-200, 200-250 and 250+. For many of these people stock market returns might be an important issue.

• Election 2016 exit polls: votes by income | Statista
Old 07-06-2020, 09:29 AM   #25263
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Well, the race was on NBC, so...

That does make a lot of sense as to why he was weighing in on something that happened 2 weeks ago.

Oops, that’s right! No wonder they didn’t mention the car because NBC is the media wing of the DNC.

I will admit, I had a smile when the nose of that car got crumpled up. Karma paid me back later when Newman hit the wall and screwed me in my pool.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 09:30 AM   #25264
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:

The only thing I can figure is that he's trying to rile up his fan base to revolt against NASCAR and force them to pull back on what they've done. I think he's sensing some shrugged shoulders and apathy from the NASCAR crowd as this "controversy" has faded away. I wonder if this is telling sign that he's concerned about keeping his biggest supporters engaged (through outrage), nevermind trying to pull new supporters.

I still think the best chance the GOP in general has to get some momentum back (outside of Biden screwing up) is the monuments/American heroes thing. McConnell has gone all-in on that, running ads here in KY that don't even talk about McGrath or the Senate race, just the movement to wipe out history of Jefferson, Washington, etc. If anything could possibly play in the suburbs, that's the issue. But I don't know how or why that would offset the rest of the dumpster fire.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 09:33 AM   #25265
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:

Old 07-06-2020, 09:35 AM   #25266
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

The problem is the term "working class" is vague and broad to the point of being unhelpful.

Is a guy who started his own landscaping business from scratch, and now makes $250,000 a year and has multiple employees and owns a lot of equipment and spends most of his time managing and marketing, but will still get out there and shovel dirt a "working class" guy?

Is the paralegal at a corporate law firm who makes $35,000 a year "working class"?

How high to you have to rise up at Burger King to no longer be working class? Assistant manager? Manager? Regional manager?

It's this kind of economic/cultural thing that we all sort of understand what it is. But when you think about it, it is also pretty hard to pin down just what it is--even as we all agree that the "working class" vote is important.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:47 AM   #25267
Edward64
Head Coach

Admittedly this is dated as its from 2016, but the gist is

The Mythology Of Trump’s ‘Working Class’ Support | FiveThirtyEight
Quote:
It’s been extremely common for news accounts to portray Donald Trump’s candidacy as a “working-class” rebellion against Republican elites. There are elements of truth in this perspective: Republican voters, especially Trump supporters, are unhappy about the direction of the economy. Trump voters have lower incomes than supporters of John Kasich or Marco Rubio. And things have gone so badly for the Republican “establishment” that the party may be facing an existential crisis.

But the definition of “working class” and similar terms is fuzzy, and narratives like these risk obscuring an important and perhaps counterintuitive fact about Trump’s voters: As compared with most Americans, Trump’s voters are better off. The median household income of a Trump voter so far in the primaries is about $72,000, based on estimates derived from exit polls and Census Bureau data. That’s lower than the $91,000 median for Kasich voters. But it’s well above the national median household income of about $56,000. It’s also higher than the median income for Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders supporters, which is around $61,000 for both.

My guess is many (not sure about majority) have benefited from the stock market rise.

Last edited by Edward64 : 07-06-2020 at 09:48 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 09:53 AM   #25268
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
Oops, that’s right! No wonder they didn’t mention the car because NBC is the media wing of the DNC.

I will admit, I had a smile when the nose of that car got crumpled up. Karma paid me back later when Newman hit the wall and screwed me in my pool.

Oh, and here is Tyler Reddick's (odds on favorite for Rookie of the Year) response:

https://twitter.com/tylerreddick/sta...40451652272128

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 07-06-2020 at 09:54 AM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 10:18 AM   #25269
Thomkal
Head Coach

::: sighs at the Supreme Court::: I know that the decisions are important to some people, but people on both sides want the Trump Tax Returns verdicts already, stop making us wait
Old 07-06-2020, 10:22 AM   #25270
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
::: sighs at the Supreme Court::: I know that the decisions are important to some people, but people on both sides want the Trump Tax Returns verdicts already, stop making us wait

They'll likely issue that on the last day of the term and then skedaddle, as they sometimes tend to with hot button issues.
Old 07-06-2020, 10:26 AM   #25271
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Oh, and here is Tyler Reddick's (odds on favorite for Rookie of the Year) response:

That's stellar, I am still not a huge racing fan, but I am watching NASCAR now just to support it and I am finding myself enjoying it more than I thought.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 10:39 AM   #25272
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Sure, most countries have X years requirement to be citizen but being a permanent resident (or equivalent) is easier.

Canada is merit based immigration. It actually is one of the easier countries to emigrate to. Admittedly it may have changed but I looked into it back in the 00's, answered the questions, and scored enough points.

FWIW, most countries would not accept illegals and making them legal en masse. They rather have the skills or $.

Canada already takes in more immigrants than the US per year, and has about 8% of the population. So it is likely far easier to immigrate to Canada.
I think they are planning another increase from about 330,000 immigrants per year to 400,000 per year. The largest portion is the merit based immigration, but there also is a small family reunification program and a refugee program which have different rules.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 10:45 AM   #25273
Thomkal
Head Coach

Good couple of days for environmentalists:

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/enviro...rcing-shutdown
Old 07-06-2020, 10:46 AM   #25274
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal
I know that the decisions are important to some people, but people on both sides want the Trump Tax Returns verdicts already, stop making us wait

Dunno, I care about SCOTUS far more than the average person and I couldn't care less what the say about Trump's tax returns. I also don't know a single person off these forums, including the politically-minded ones, who does. I just don't see the relevance at this point.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 10:48 AM   #25275
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

That page doesn't exist (Tweet deleted?)
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 10:52 AM   #25276
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Dunno, I care about SCOTUS far more than the average person and I couldn't care less what the say about Trump's tax returns. I also don't know a single person off these forums, including the politically-minded ones, who does. I just don't see the relevance at this point.

My sarcasm meter is malfunctioning this morning, so I'm not sure if you meant this or were being sarcastic
Old 07-06-2020, 10:53 AM   #25277
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post

Huh, I guess so (maybe Childress talked to him), though he retweeted the following:

https://twitter.com/bobpockrass/stat...32782421925891

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 07-06-2020 at 10:53 AM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 10:53 AM   #25278
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
Canada already takes in more immigrants than the US per year, and has about 8% of the population. So it is likely far easier to immigrate to Canada.
I think they are planning another increase from about 330,000 immigrants per year to 400,000 per year. The largest portion is the merit based immigration, but there also is a small family reunification program and a refugee program which have different rules.

I think Canada does it better than the US and have the luxury of geography. Merit based is the way to go with some allocations to family/refugee. I suspect if Canada had a porous border with an illegal immigration challenge, there would be a backlash also.

Douglas Todd: Canada vs U.S. on immigration: Five differences, five similarities | Vancouver Sun
Quote:
Contrary to conventional thinking, it could be argued the U.S. system is more “compassionate” than Canada’s. Almost seven in 10 of those who settle lawfully in the U.S. are close relatives of previous immigrants. Each U.S. immigrant on average sponsors 3.5 family members.

Canada, meanwhile, restricts “family reunification” immigrants to about one in five. Canada mostly picks immigrants to boost economic expansion. Two of three immigrants are brought in because of their skills and education. Trump’s plan, created by son-in-law Jared Kushner, copies Canada’s reasoning.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 10:56 AM   #25279
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Gotta generate that new outrage when they discover that gasp, people with money hire an army of tax people to minimize their tax bills. Amazing!

Yet there will be a subset of people who think this is somehow new.

I often wonder how many of the ultra-rich actually pay more to tax accountants than they'd actually owe in taxes.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 10:59 AM   #25280
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post

I do because I want to find out if he’s a bigger fucking fraud than I already know he is.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 11:09 AM   #25281
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Not being sarcastic at all. I can't imagine anything being found in there that convinces someone to vote or not vote from Trump, or even that should arguably do so, compared to what we already know.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 11:16 AM   #25282
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

The tax returns could have done two things

(1) Convince some Trump voters to move from Trump.
(2) Give GOP politicians cover to break from Trump based on "new information."

It is pretty clear now that both Trump's voters and GOP politicians are with him for the long haul.

It reminds me of the Dennis Leary bit about making the warnings on the cigarette packages bigger. What smoker is going to pick up a pack with a bigger warning and say "Wait, these things are bad for you?" What voter is going to see the tax returns and say, "Wait, you mean Trump is shady and in lots of debt?" We all know already.

At this point, people have decided that Trump is corrupt or that he is not corrupt or that they don't care whether he is corrupt.

Finding out that he took out a bunch of loans from Russian mobsters (or whatever will be in there) isn't going to change anyone's mind or vote.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 07-06-2020 at 11:17 AM.
Old 07-06-2020, 11:20 AM   #25283
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post

Must have been, probably at NASCAR's request. I looked at right before I posted on it.
Old 07-06-2020, 11:21 AM   #25284
Comey
College Starter

I don't think the tax findings are about the vote at all, but purely from a standpoint of finding any illegal activity. People made up their minds about his tax stuff long ago (myself included). At this stage, though, it's more for authorities than any voters.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 11:31 AM   #25285
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey View Post
I don't think the tax findings are about the vote at all, but purely from a standpoint of finding any illegal activity. People made up their minds about his tax stuff long ago (myself included). At this stage, though, it's more for authorities than any voters.

Not just that, but solidifying that Congress has the right to investigate and subpoena these things. That's a bigger principle at play here.
Old 07-06-2020, 11:37 AM   #25286
molson
General Manager

I never believed Trump would include evidence of his crimes on his tax returns.

I think he's probably just embarrassed not to be as rich as he claims.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 11:40 AM   #25287
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Isn't he done being audited yet? Wasn't that his reason for not releasing his tax returns?

In regards to crimes, wouldn't the IRS have caught any illegal activity?
Old 07-06-2020, 12:03 PM   #25288
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I never believed Trump would include evidence of his crimes on his tax returns.

I think he's probably just embarrassed not to be as rich as he claims.

Knowing his fragile ego I agree this is likely his biggest reason for pushback.
Old 07-06-2020, 12:20 PM   #25289
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:

My parents are a perfect example. Older, retired, and scared to death their 401K will plummet with a Dem in power and thrilled (up until Covid) with the performance of the stock market under Trump. That's all I hear is how great he is for the stock market. If the market tanks and stays down, I could be forced to bail my parents out in 5 years because that's their retirement.

I'm sure they are not alone.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 12:51 PM   #25290
Jas_lov
College Starter

Not that the President has much to do with it but I wonder where the perception comes from that a Dem will crash the market. Both Clinton and Obama presided over a recovering economy. The market tanked under Bush and now Trump.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 01:03 PM   #25291
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
Not that the President has much to do with it but I wonder where the perception comes from that a Dem will crash the market. Both Clinton and Obama presided over a recovering economy. The market tanked under Bush and now Trump.

Fox News

Last edited by Lathum : 07-06-2020 at 01:04 PM.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 01:13 PM   #25292
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Not just that, but solidifying that Congress has the right to investigate and subpoena these things. That's a bigger principle at play here.

This and what others said. By now everyone's mind pretty much made up on who they are going to vote for in 2020. He's held his tax returns, Mueller Grand Jury reports, etc hostage for four years now. He needs to be shown no is above the law. And then if Biden is elected, a federal law created so no one can do this again.

Last edited by Thomkal : 07-06-2020 at 01:14 PM.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 01:17 PM   #25293
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...008303616?s=21
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 01:52 PM   #25294
JPhillips
General Manager

His sister resigned her judge position so that she wouldn't have to explain possible tax fraud and Trump has been shown to overvalue his. assets for loans and undervalue them for tax assessments. He's almost certainly guilty of tax fraud, though I would be shocked if he's ever charged.

His tax documents might also show how much of his money is connected to organized crime figures.
Old 07-06-2020, 01:54 PM   #25295
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Knowing his fragile ego I agree this is likely his biggest reason for pushback.

Yeah, there has long been speculation that he isn't close to being a billionaire. He's been trying to blunt that for a while.
Old 07-06-2020, 02:22 PM   #25296
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
His sister resigned her judge position so that she wouldn't have to explain possible tax fraud and Trump has been shown to overvalue his. assets for loans and undervalue them for tax assessments. He's almost certainly guilty of tax fraud, though I would be shocked if he's ever charged.

His tax documents might also show how much of his money is connected to organized crime figures.
This. A IRS audit wouldn't pull up fraud, because they would not look at loan applications. It would be up to a local or federal prosecutor to make that connection. Which is why they want his tax returns.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 02:24 PM   #25297
PilotMan
Head Coach

No shocker, but his hard right turn down the alley of deep south/culture war/full on kkk, probably isn't going to get him where he needs to be come November. I still can't believe that Republicans of all people are the ones that are carrying the litter for this fucking asshole. I think it's plainly obvious that circumstantial evidence available to the public shows that he's not only committed blatant tax fraud, but also used NY real estate to launder money. In fact, I'd bet that the Kushners are also heavily involved in that. He's the king of accusing people of the very things that he does regularly. He's a horrible human being, a useless sack of shit, and deserves to spend the rest of his life in misery.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 02:29 PM   #25298
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
No shocker, but his hard right turn down the alley of deep south/culture war/full on kkk, probably isn't going to get him where he needs to be come November.

It's still nuts that Trump is doubling down on this. Not even trying to expand his base in the slightest. Even in the face of terrible polling for him.
Old 07-06-2020, 02:33 PM   #25299
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
No shocker, but his hard right turn down the alley of deep south/culture war/full on kkk, probably isn't going to get him where he needs to be come November. I still can't believe that Republicans of all people are the ones that are carrying the litter for this fucking asshole. I think it's plainly obvious that circumstantial evidence available to the public shows that he's not only committed blatant tax fraud, but also used NY real estate to launder money. In fact, I'd bet that the Kushners are also heavily involved in that. He's the king of accusing people of the very things that he does regularly. He's a horrible human being, a useless sack of shit, and deserves to spend the rest of his life in misery.
But other than that, what do you really think of him?
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 03:18 PM   #25300
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:

Quote:
Has @BubbaWallace apologized to all of those great NASCAR drivers & officials who came to his aid, stood by his side, & were willing to sacrifice everything for him, only to find out that the whole thing was just another HOAX? That & Flag decision has caused lowest ratings EVER!

Imagine the President of the United States personally attacking and trying to bully a private citizen of his country. That alone should be enough to be utterly despicable, never mind the fucking loaded circumstances he is utterly ignoring to make a play for personal gain.
Future historians will argue if those were genuine or if there was a mixup a couple hundred years ago when transferring the Internet data to whatever else came next.

(Never mind that even the lowest Ratings (EVER!!!) bit is ridiculous, considering all sports i looked at that have restarted are struggling with that, german cup final f.e. had 30% less than any in recent years despite pretty shitty weather even and no public viewing)
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote