Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-22-2015, 12:32 AM   #1401
LaStarza61
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
Here is the updated version of the historical database with stats for the current season included:

http://www.fbbgames.com/historicaldata1415.zip

The historical database file is in the main data folder for the game. Normally that will be here:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\GDS\Fast Break Pro Basketball 3

Thanks for that link! Is that an official database put out by Brian... or is it something you put together to share with everyone? Does it add only the latest season(s), or does it also tweak or change data from the older seasons as well?

Edit: I notice that when I go to start a new game, where you activate or deactivate available leagues, the historical database still says 1946-2012. Is that how it should look, or should it now say 1946-2014 or 2015?

Thanks again!

Last edited by LaStarza61 : 04-22-2015 at 12:51 AM.
LaStarza61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 01:56 AM   #1402
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Thank you for releasing this! Does it update older seasons as well? Or does it just add the current season?

This adds the player stats for the 14-15 season and updates an issue with the 13-14 season.

Quote:
I notice that when I go to start a new game, where you activate or deactivate available leagues, the historical database still says 1946-2012. Is that how it should look, or should it now say 1946-2014 or 2015

I'll need to update the league format files as well to include the last couple seasons of data when I get a chance. Mainly that is just to the right salary cap is used.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 02:01 AM   #1403
Groundhog
Coordinator

Thanks HR, love your work.
Old 04-22-2015, 02:15 AM   #1404
LaStarza61
n00b

Yes, thank you Brian. Really appreciate it!
Old 04-22-2015, 11:38 AM   #1405
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Grey Dog Software is running a $5 off promotion on both Fast Break Basketball titles for the duration of the NBA playoffs! Beginning today, you can use the coupon code GDSFB5 at checkout in the webstore to save $5 each when you purchase Fast Break Pro Basketball or Fast Break College Basketball. This promotion will run through Monday night, June 15.

To take part in this promotion, please visit our webstore and add either Fast Break Basketball or Fast Break College Basketball to your shopping cart. Next, choose the option "I have a discount coupon for this product" for each item in your cart and enter the code. You will see the discount at check out.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:36 PM   #1406
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Another bump to alert you guys to a $5 off sale this month on FBB. Not that any of you don't already own the game, but if you have been living under a rock and want to give it a try - here's the process to get it:

Beginning today, you can use the coupon code FBB15 at checkout in the webstore to save $5 off your purchase of FBB. This promotion will run through Sunday night, November 22.

To take advantage of this sale, please visit our webstore and add Fast Break Pro Basketball to your shopping cart. Next, choose the option "I have a discount coupon for this product" and enter the code. You will see the discount at check out!
Old 10-30-2015, 06:55 PM   #1407
TexasT
Mascot

Will there be any 2015 rosters coming out?
TexasT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 01:45 PM   #1408
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

There will. I'm just behind because my grandma is in the hospital.
Old 10-31-2015, 04:58 PM   #1409
rjolley
College Starter

Sorry to hear that, Brian. Hope she feels better soon.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 10:23 PM   #1410
TexasT
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post
There will. I'm just behind because my grandma is in the hospital.

Thanks, Brian. Family first!
Old 11-04-2015, 12:53 AM   #1411
LaStarza61
n00b

Just checking to see if I have the most current version of the game. On the bottom of the main screen, my game says 3.0.24. Is that the most recent update? I'm having a hard time knowing for sure based on reading various forums.

Thanks!
Old 11-24-2015, 09:26 PM   #1412
TexasT
Mascot

Any updated rosters coming?
Old 11-25-2015, 04:58 AM   #1413
Comey
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasT View Post
Any updated rosters coming?

Brian said, a few posts up, that he has family stuff that demands his attention. Rosters will be out when he has the ability.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 10:24 AM   #1414
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Brian's been working on it. He will update everyone once it is complete.
Old 11-25-2015, 10:41 AM   #1415
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Brian's been exploring some new ranges to numerically capture Steph Curry's ratings this season: Graham's number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 10:17 AM   #1416
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Brian's been exploring some new ranges to numerically capture Steph Curry's ratings this season: Graham's number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So many 3s...
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 07:41 PM   #1417
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

******************************************************************************************************************
Version 3.0.26: http://www.fbbgames.com/FBPB3Update3026.exe
******************************************************************************************************************
Updates:
*Included updated 2014-2015 historical database file.
*Added 2015 season roster file
*Updated historical league structures through 2015 (full install only)

Changes:
*Added the option to import retired players into the league history when using the historical league format.
*Added the option to import player career stats when starting with a CSV player file rather than the historical database.
*Added limited PBP option
*Added the option to view the current box score while coaching a game.
*Adjusted DPOY criteria to make it possible for perimeter players to win.
*Contract offers can only decrease by the amount of the max raise each year.
*Added the option to have players imported from the historical database with fictional names instead.
*Retired player stats will be imported when using a historical league.
*Added MDB output for all retired players from the league
*Added MDB output for all retired staff from the league
*Added option under league options to set the maxiumum number of players imported from an FBCB draft file

Fixes:
*Luxury tax calculations should not include staff salaries paid.
*Fixed projected luxury tax not being calculated properly
*Fixed allowing games to be simmed from the playoff bracket screen when not logged in as commish.
*Fixed more issues with sorting in team stats when using non US number formats.
*Fixed possibility for SG and PG position to swap when the SG was the higher rated PG but the PG was not eligible to play SG.
*Fixed issues with both the determination of cohesion and the development of cohesion.
*Fixed error 9 that could occur when importing team exports.
*SeasonStats table in MDB output should display the correct Games Started.
*Fixed a bug that could cause cpu set ticket prices to be negative in some circumstances.
*Fixed an error 9 that could occur due to adding leagues to an active save.
*Rookie options should be assigned to the correct seasons after editing a player in the current league editor.
*Rewrote FTP component to eliminate issues with invalid team exports getting uploaded.
*added code to prevent a bug that could cause double stats to get recorded at the end of a game.
*Draft pool players shouldn't be a year younger if you import a draft file after advancing past the offseason period.
*Coaches should not be created with a blank name.
*Rewrote code that tracks declined options in team exports.
*Max raise should be correctly applied to contracts below max contracts
*Fixed a bug that could cause the higher seed to have home advantage in the playoffs when both teams had the same record.
*Fixed a bug that caused stats to not save for players after a trade if the depth chart was not updated prior to the game.
*html folder for coaches should not be capitalized when created.
*Eliminated some randomization in how players view FA offers that haven't changed.
*Fixed several error 6's that could occur due to transactions.
*Added warnings if the game detects possible corruption in team exports
Old 12-13-2015, 07:56 PM   #1418
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Sweet update!
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 11:25 PM   #1419
TexasT
Mascot

Thank you!!!!
Old 12-14-2015, 04:22 PM   #1420
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Woo thanks.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 05:01 PM   #1421
Groundhog
Coordinator

Thanks Brian!
Old 12-15-2015, 10:44 PM   #1422
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

12 Days of Christmas going on at Grey Dog Software. Having some great deals on their products.

12 Days of Christmas for Grey Dog - Grey Dog Software
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 01:42 PM   #1423
Ramzavail
College Starter

5th day of Christmas sale:
For today, all basketball games are $15 off. So, you can pick up either Fast Break College Basketball or Fast Break Pro Basketball for $19.95! Email [email protected] to participate.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 04:37 PM   #1424
Jon
High School Varsity

Does anyone know how to get this working in Windows 10?

I've tried everything and nothing is working.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 05:25 PM   #1425
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Could you be more specific about the issue you are seeing? There aren't any Windows 10 specific issues that I'm aware of. If the game isn't opening when you try to launch this is generally DEP.

Make sure you are running the game as an administrator. If you right click on the game icon you should see the option. Then try is disabling any antivirus you have running when you try and open the game. Then try this:

1. Right-click on "My Computer"
2. Select "Properties"
3. Click on the "Advanced" Tab.
4. Click on the Performance "Settings" Button
5. Click on the "Data Execution Prevention" Tab
6. Verify that "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only" is selected. If it is not, select that option and click "APPLY" and then try and run the game.

Note: Even if you see that option checked already, go ahead and uncheck and then recheck it to ensure that its activated!

7. If the problem persists, go back and select the other option "turn on DEP for all windows programs and services EXCEPT those I select" and ADD the following files:

"runservice.exe" Will be found in C:\Windows
"FBPB3.exe" Normally found in C:\Program Files\GDS\Fast Break Pro Basketball 3 or C:\Program Files (x86)\GDS\Fast Break Pro Basketball 3

9. Click APPLY then Reboot and then relaunch the game.
Old 12-20-2015, 11:15 PM   #1426
21C
College Prospect

Yeah, I initially had problems running the game in W10 but the DEP and run as admin fixes outlined above fixed things for me.
Old 12-21-2015, 06:07 PM   #1427
Ramzavail
College Starter

Can someone bullet point for me how to properly link the college game with the pro game?

I feel like I'm either doing something wrong in set up or I'm falling out of the proper pocket while simming both games.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 09:39 PM   #1428
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

The key thing in the College game is making sure that the Output Draft files option is set to Yes. The draft file will be created when you hit the end season button. Draft files will be stored in the draftfiles folder inside the main folder for your save.

The goal is to make the import process automatic once you have the proper settings. The pro game will look in the save folder from the college game and use the appropriate draft file every season when it creates the draft pool during the training camps phase. You'll want to set the Source to FBCB Import and set the FBCB Import League to the FBCB league you want to import from. The import season dropdown is where you'll have a choice. It will display the following options : Current Season, No files remaining, plus any draft files it finds. When you set it to current season, it will attempt to automatically import the draft file that matches the current season the pro game is in from the FBCB leagues save folder each year. If you choose a specific draft file from the list, then each year the game will import the next draft file in the list until it runs out of draft files. At that point the drop down will switch to no files remaining.

In order to run the leagues side by side using the same season, manual import will work much better for you. What you do is copy the FBCB draft file over to the draft files folder. You can locate this folder by going to Draft Files under the tools menu and choosing "Open Folder". Then go to the Current League Editor and set the dropdown to Draft Pool and select your league. Then press import and the game will display the list of draft files to choose from.
Old 03-09-2016, 05:23 AM   #1429
Comey
College Starter

Are there any historical logo sets for the game? I'd love to get my hands on an early 90s or late 80s one.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 11:19 AM   #1430
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

http://www.goosejuice.com/fbb/FBPB3_...Historical.zip

think Kirk did them
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 12:36 PM   #1431
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Yep. Hit me up if those don't work Comey.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 05:33 PM   #1432
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I just noticed that HR added an option in the pro game to import the entire draft class from FBCB. (Or 100-500 players from said class)

I am so grateful for this feature, even if I only realized it was possible yesterday
Old 03-29-2016, 08:39 PM   #1433
Balldog
Pro Rookie

So do the players imported head to Europe if they aren't drafted in the NBA? How does this work?
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:08 PM   #1434
Groundhog
Coordinator

If you have other leagues enabled, they will/might be snapped up during FA after going undrafted.

One thing I'd love to see is that the US-generated draft classes at draft time have all (or at least the top 20/30) international/non-NBA incoming prospects appended to it as well.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:01 PM   #1435
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
So do the players imported head to Europe if they aren't drafted in the NBA? How does this work?

It already happens that way, even if you don't have as many players into your draft pool as I like. I prefer it that way, for moar reel.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:02 PM   #1436
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
If you have other leagues enabled, they will/might be snapped up during FA after going undrafted.

One thing I'd love to see is that the US-generated draft classes at draft time have all (or at least the top 20/30) international/non-NBA incoming prospects appended to it as well.

Yeah I already do this manually if I have other leagues turned on, I'll take their top players every few years and import them into the NBA draft at a certain time.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:10 PM   #1437
Groundhog
Coordinator

Yep, me too. Makes it time consuming when you want to generate history though - I simulated decades of college draft files in FBCB, then have the Euro leagues kick in around the early 90s in the pro universe, and stop each year to import the top euros into the draft classes.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:15 PM   #1438
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Yep, me too. Makes it time consuming when you want to generate history though - I simulated decades of college draft files in FBCB, then have the Euro leagues kick in around the early 90s in the pro universe, and stop each year to import the top euros into the draft classes.

Totes. I wish it were smarter.
Old 05-14-2016, 03:51 PM   #1439
bryce
High School Varsity

Anyone know how to solve a Run Time Error 9 "Subscript out of Range" error? I get it when trying to load a career. Others load fine, so it's just the one league file that appears problematic. Any ideas?

Thanks.
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 06:04 PM   #1440
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post
Anyone know how to solve a Run Time Error 9 "Subscript out of Range" error? I get it when trying to load a career. Others load fine, so it's just the one league file that appears problematic. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Contacting HR is probably the best source for these because it's a general error and could be anything. If it was happening when you were simming, my suggestion is to 1) turn on monthly autosaving because I have found that it will sometimes crash in the middle of a sim I was autosimming, only to come back and discover that it'll go the next time. Or sim manually for a month or two (e.g. not fast-sim) and then try it again and see if it works.

Otherwise, no idea.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:12 AM   #1441
Arles
Grey Dog Software

We are happy to announce that Grey Dog Software is running a $10 off summer promotion on both Fast Break Pro Basketball and Fast Break College Basketball! Beginning today, you can use the coupon code BBALL16 at checkout in the webstore to save $10 off your purchase of FBB and/or FBCB. This promotion will run through Saturday night, July 30.

To take advantage of this sale, please visit our webstore and add Fast Break Pro Basketball or Fast Break College Basketball to your shopping cart. Next, choose the option "I have a discount coupon for this product" and enter the code. You will see the discount at check out. Don't forget to do this process for both games if you wish to purchase both - that way you can save $20!
Old 02-20-2017, 09:46 AM   #1442
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I've (FINALLY) started working on a public revamp of the HTML/CSS of the Pro and College series because it's been driving me crazy. I just hadn't gotten around to it.

I'm not done at all, but here's a link to the github repo of the Pro revamp I just threw together this morning that has a sample HTML file and a CSS file that changes that garish orange background to a blue color, uses Google Fonts to change the typeface you see, too.

GitHub - quarterback/SimCSS: Revamped CSS/HTML for Fast Break College & Pro Basketball Simulation Games

I'll eventually add the college version to this same Repo in a separate folder (called College). My future plans include some kind of improvement to the way tables get displayed too, but it's kind of tough because the game generates it on the fly and so if things get too slick, it might be more trouble than it's worth to generate things each time.

Anyway...progress is slow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 10.47.09 AM.jpg (230.9 KB, 221 views)

Last edited by Young Drachma : 02-20-2017 at 09:47 AM.
Old 05-28-2017, 12:04 AM   #1443
BaltColts
n00b

Does anyone have the complete NBA logos file? Goosejuice.com is down. Thanks for any mods that anyone has previously posted there.
BaltColts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 01:10 AM   #1444
Groundhog
Coordinator

Yeah I gave up the domain. I have everything archived at home if no one else has a link.
Old 05-28-2017, 05:22 AM   #1445
BaltColts
n00b

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I just bought the game and am interested in the logos and whatever else would be good to start up the leagues.
You can pm me if you like.
BaltColts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 07:02 PM   #1446
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I'm trying to figure out how to boost rebounding, it's abysmal low in my league and nothing I seem to do in the fbb.ini file has not seemed to work. Anyone know how that file works? Or want to paste the original values in here again?

Thanks,
Old 12-24-2017, 09:24 AM   #1447
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Default Settings

[Technical Settings]
Debug=0
OutputShotData=0
DefaultToCityNames=0

[Usage]
C=100
PF=100
SF=100
SG=100
PG=100

[Fouling]
Press=1200
Trap=1200
DriveShooting=1400
DriveFloor=1100
Post=1100
Perimeter=1100
Dribble=1000
Pass=1100
Screen=1000
Charge=1000

[Defense]
DoubleInsideBase=750
DoubleInsideRange=200
DoubleOutsideBase=750
DoubleOutsideRange=200

[Modifiers]
DriveRate=1150
FollowRate=1000
InsideShotRate=1000
MediumShotRate=950
TpaRate=650
DrivePct=1000
InsidePct=1000
MediumPct=1000
TpPct=1000
FtPct=1000
InjuryRate=1000
ToRate=535
SuspensionRate=1000
MaxPlayerTpaRate=850
Time=1000
ORebRate=1038
ReboundLeaders=1000
TeamRebounds=1000
PassRate=1000
DribbleRate=1000
InsideMinUsage=1000
MediumMinUsage=1000
OutsideMinUsage=1000
AndOne=1000
DunkRate=1000

[Stealing]
StealRate=960
StealDrive=1000
StealPress=1000
StealTrap=1000
StealDribble=1000
StealPass=1000

[Blocking]
BlockRate=1450
BlockDunk=1000
BlockDrive=1000
BlockInside=1000
BlockMedium=1000
BlockOutside=1000
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 07:12 PM   #1448
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I usually get into this game every year around March Madness and it's always fun to see what sort of random things I can make the engine do. Anyone still playing?
Old 01-08-2019, 07:56 AM   #1449
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Our online league is somehow still alive. I think we are in our 25th season right now.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:10 AM   #1450
bryce
High School Varsity

I still enjoy it on regular basis.
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote