Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-22-2018, 05:10 PM   #101
miami_fan
Coordinator

The PR of everyone being on the same page is never as important as the PR of leaking information that shows who made who cave.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 05:48 PM   #102
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

University presidents seem to be pretty much interchangeable, and precious few seems to be worth a damn*. The amount of time I'd spend arguing with one that doesn't have the authority to get his way would require highly specialized equipment to measure.

*general observation, not specifically related to this case.
Old 08-22-2018, 08:00 PM   #103
bob
College Starter

Sounds like suspended 3 games according to espn

Last edited by bob : 08-22-2018 at 08:00 PM.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 12:12 AM   #104
RainMaker
General Manager

Surprised they suspended him for the TCU game. Figured it would be a 2 game suspension with that schedule.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 01:11 AM   #105
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
THE three game suspension
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 01:49 AM   #106
mckerney
Coordinator

It's like they're not even fucking trying.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 06:01 AM   #107
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

A TEN HOUR meeting to give him the slap on the wrist that everyone knew was coming?
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 07:06 AM   #108
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post

It's like they're not even fucking trying.

This statement definitely is something that belongs in this thread.

Is it Possible to Fudge a bank Statement? - Front Office Football Central
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 07:25 AM   #109
Kodos
Resident Alien

What a load of shit.

#OhioStateBlackeyes

Last edited by Kodos : 08-23-2018 at 07:52 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 07:59 AM   #110
Drake
assmaster

From article:
Quote:
...college football coaches will always scoff their nose at suggestions of...

What.The.Fuck.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 08:58 AM   #111
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

The guy who murdered Molly Tibbetts claims to not remember what happened between the time he approached her and he dumped her. His attorney should try to get his case heard by the OSU BoT.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 10:01 AM   #112
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
He has also periodically taken medicine that can negatively impair his memory, concentration & focus

And he's your College Football Head Coach? I think you may need that concentration and focus stuff at times during the season.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:05 AM   #113
Ksyrup

Don't worry, in addition to being used as a defense in this particular matter, that will also be used to lay the groundwork for his next "retirement."
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 08-23-2018, 02:15 PM   #114
HerRealName
College Prospect

A lot of people are mocking Meyer for this but he had a brain cyst removed a couple years ago and these are side effects from the cyst and meds he was required to be take.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 02:20 PM   #115
Kodos
Resident Alien

You don't just forget that someone on your staff is beating his wife. Surely his wife gave him regular updates, whether he "remembers" that or not.
Old 08-23-2018, 02:53 PM   #116
HerRealName
College Prospect

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
You don't just forget that someone on your staff is beating his wife. Surely his wife gave him regular updates, whether he "remembers" that or not.

Is he a wife beater? He's definitely a moron but I'm trying to think of an alternative situation that doesn't involve assuming police conspiracy or that the wife is not as credible as you assume. I don't want to present a false dichotomy but is there another option?

I don't disagree that Meyer was negligent keeping the moron on staff and deserved whatever punishment that he received as a result.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 03:00 PM   #117
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRealName View Post
the wife is not as credible as you assume.

How dare you even suggest that whatever claim someone (who isn't a white male) happens to make might even POSSIBLY be less than 200% true & accurate. He's male, therefore he MUST be guilty.

You'll be next for the stakes & torches with that sort of thinking.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:17 PM   #118
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRealName View Post
Is he a wife beater? He's definitely a moron but I'm trying to think of an alternative situation that doesn't involve assuming police conspiracy or that the wife is not as credible as you assume. I don't want to present a false dichotomy but is there another option?

I don't disagree that Meyer was negligent keeping the moron on staff and deserved whatever punishment that he received as a result.

I mean, sure. I'm all for the benefit of the doubt. But this is the same dude that, allegedly, covered up Hernandez murder investigations...but yeah. That's probably just coincidental .
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 07:09 AM   #119
Ksyrup

So as more info comes out about Maryland - the latest is that the old AD used AD money to hire lawyers for players to fight sexual misconduct charges - I believe that this will turn into a bigger, multi-sport investigation. I've been aware of numerous allegations against the softball program for a couple of years. Mostly anonymous, sure, but repeated and verified by a number of people with kids in the program, or having just left, or former players, etc.

The current coach is an absolute trainwreck who engages in bullying and mind games, resulting in multiple coaches and players leaving year after year. She has had a Florida retreat before the season where she brings her mom to body-shame kids and act like some sort of fitness guru, in the name of team bonding. Also, back in the summer of 2017, it came out that two players had TROs filed against them for bullying/stalking an athlete in another sport, and not only did those players remain on the team, but the coach made one of them a captain! Oh, and the team sucks, so it's not like she's sticking around because the team has performed well. The former and current ADs simply don't care and have dismissed multiple players'/parents' complaints and kept the course.

As a result of the ESPN report about the current FB situation, many people reached out to the reporters about softball, and people are confirming that they have been contacted to give their stories to ESPN. So, it may be a small part of the story, but it looks like ESPN is developing a report about department-wide issues that have long been ignored.

Fun times!
Old 08-24-2018, 07:29 AM   #120
Kodos
Resident Alien

The Big Ten is really embarrassing itself these days.
Old 08-25-2018, 12:20 PM   #121
tarcone
Coordinator

Wyoming plays New Mexico St. tonight!!!!!!

It's finally here!!!!!!!!!!!

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 06:40 AM   #122
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Very excited for the start of the JT era at USC.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-27-2018 at 06:40 AM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 10:11 AM   #123
Ksyrup

What happened to good games on opening Thursday night?
Old 08-27-2018, 10:21 AM   #124
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

I think the attempt to create Labor Day weekend extravaganzas kinda killed that off.

I mean, we now have a Sunday game AND a Monday game both with t25 pairings)

2016 had #10 ND vs unranked Texas on Sunday with a #4 vs #11 Monday. Back in 2015 the Sunday game was Purdue vs Marshall and Monday was #1 Ohio State vs an unranked Va Tech.

You have to go back to 2014 to find a ranked pair on Thursday (#9 South Carolina vs #21 Texas A&M) ... the Monday night game that year was unranked Miami vs unranked Louisville
Old 08-27-2018, 10:23 AM   #125
Ksyrup

That's how little I've been paying attention I guess. I'm not a fan of the Monday night games, especially since FSU seems to like them. I gotta be up at 5am on Tuesday morning. I have no interest in staying up past midnight for a college game.
Old 08-27-2018, 11:55 AM   #126
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

I don’t think they were ever that good. But now instead of just having games on ESPN/2, now you’ve expanded to SEC Network, BTN, FS1

Using mattsarzsports.com as a reference here are the opening Thursday games by year.

2005 - Oregon vs Houston (E2), Vanderbilt at Wake Forest (EU), UCF at South Carolina (ESPN) and Minnesota at Tulsa (E2)
2006 - BC at Central Michigan, Northwestern at Miami (OH) and South Carolina at Mississippi State
2007 - Tulsa at UL-Monroe, LSU at Mississippi State and Utah at Oregon State
2008 - Vanderbilt at Miami (OH), NC State at South Carolina, Wake Forest at Baylor and Oregon State at Stanford
2009 - South Carolina at NC State, Oregon at Boise State
2010 - Southern Miss at South Carolina, Minnesota at MTSU, Pitt at Utah, USC at Hawaii
2011 - UNLV at Wisconsin, Mississippi State at Memphis, Kentucky vs Western Kentucky
2012 - South Carolina at Vanderbilt, UCLA at Rice, Washington State at BYU, Minnesota at UNLV
2013 - North Carolina at South Carolina, Utah State at Utah, Ole Miss at Vanderbilt, Rutgers at Fresno State
2014 - Texas A&M at South Carolina, Ole Miss vs Boise State, Temple at Vandy, Rutgers vs Washington State
2015 - North Carolina vs South Carolina, Oklahoma State at Central Michigan, Western Kentucy at Vanderbilt, Michigan at Utah, TCU at Minnesota, Duke at Tulane
2016 - Charlotte at Louisville, Tulane at Wake Forest, Indiana at FIU, App State at Tennessee, South Carolina at Vanderbilt, Oregon State at Minnesota
2017 - FIU at UCF, Buffalo at Minnesota, Tulsa at Oklahoma State, Ohio State at Indiana, New Mexico State at Arizona State
2018 - UCF at UConn, New Mexico State at Minnesota, Northwestern at Purdue, Wake Forest at Tulane.

Quite the list of games
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 12:01 PM   #127
Ksyrup

Even 2016 had a couple of decent games (USC/Vandy and OSU/Minn). I don't care about them being top 25 games, just reasonable conference or P5 matchups. I guess like the last few years, only the BIg 10 game is semi-decent.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:12 AM   #128
Thomkal
Head Coach

Coastal Carolina starts its season at "Big Daddy" South Carolina in Columbia today. Rare meeting between father and son, and Coastal just hopes to do better than the 60 point loss they picked up in 2013. Should be better this time around (I hope!). They are not yet a full scholarship team, but the talent levels should be much more comparable (I hope!). Good luck to "your" school this season!
Old 09-01-2018, 10:55 AM   #129
MrBug708
Head Coach

Hoping to see that Chip Kelly still has it when im at the Rose Bowl today
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 11:33 AM   #130
bob
College Starter

It annoys me that I can’t watch the GT game over the air here in Atlanta.
Old 09-01-2018, 12:17 PM   #131
digamma
Torchbearer

Fox Sports South?
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 12:46 PM   #132
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
It annoys me that I can’t watch the GT game over the air here in Atlanta.

Oh noes. How else can you see missed PAT's and a change in kickers before halftime of the season opener?
Old 09-01-2018, 12:48 PM   #133
tarcone
Coordinator

What is Teas doing? Maryland is not good.

Old 09-01-2018, 12:53 PM   #134
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
What is Teas doing? Maryland is not good.

Getting a coach a big buyout at this rate.
Old 09-01-2018, 01:30 PM   #135
bob
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
Fox Sports South?

I meant true over the air (no cable here).

Yeah, this is a pointless game, but I was still hoping to see it
Old 09-01-2018, 01:37 PM   #136
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
I meant true over the air (no cable here).

Yeah, this is a pointless game, but I was still hoping to see it

There's not much over the air football left at this point. The old conference syndication packages (like the Raycom ACC one) were dying well before anyone thought of "conference networks" and the like.

ACC package in Atlanta (on ch 36? ch 69?) was down to getting lower ratings than coach show replays on FSS as often as not. Vandy vs anybody could equal/beat even low-profile ACC games featuring GT. The numbers weren't usually much better in the Tobacco Road markets either.
Old 09-01-2018, 01:38 PM   #137
digamma
Torchbearer

Tough to tell much, but the defense has looked strong and the offense like it is going through the motions.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 02:27 PM   #138
tarcone
Coordinator

Go Hawks!

Looking forward to see who is running the offense.

Last edited by tarcone : 09-01-2018 at 02:28 PM.
Old 09-01-2018, 02:27 PM   #139
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Coastal Carolina starts its season at "Big Daddy" South Carolina in Columbia today. Rare meeting between father and son, and Coastal just hopes to do better than the 60 point loss they picked up in 2013. Should be better this time around (I hope!). They are not yet a full scholarship team, but the talent levels should be much more comparable (I hope!). Good luck to "your" school this season!

Well a little better for Coastal. They lose 49-15.
Old 09-01-2018, 03:05 PM   #140
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Washington & Lee survives Dickinson 16-10 in OT.

Kids we know (from their high school days):
-- ILB was everywhere all day (6 tkls, 2 TFL, 1 FF, 1 Sack, 1 pass breakup)
-- Freshman WR had a key block on a long KR in his debut
-- QB, umm, well, uh ... split time on what might have been his toughest outing as a QB: 1/5 passing for 8 yards & 1 INT, 7 carries for 2 yards & 1 Fumble.

Next week it's a road trip (for the team & for my family) to Sewanee, TN to take on old rival University of the South

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 09-01-2018 at 03:07 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 03:50 PM   #141
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

This is so clearly a home game for Auburn but I feel like we are weathering the storm
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 05:34 PM   #142
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Very excited for the start of the JT era at USC.

JT Daniels will have a better career at USC than Josh Rosen did at UCLA, but hes not nearly the same level as talent, at least coming in as a a FR. And Daniels has much better supporting cast this year.

I'm grateful OSU didn't fire Meyer, I was afraid SC was going to hire him next season.
Old 09-01-2018, 06:04 PM   #143
tarcone
Coordinator

App St driving for the win at PsU

Old 09-01-2018, 07:42 PM   #144
MrBug708
Head Coach

Not too inspired by UCLA's scheme so far. I can see why Harbaugh cut Speight
Old 09-01-2018, 11:04 PM   #145
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post

I got a whole lot worse. Ucla is a big work in progress and we will likely score very little vs Oklahoma next week
Old 09-01-2018, 11:59 PM   #146
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Question for the more experience/knowledgable gamblers here:

UGA vs Austin Peay ended 45-0
BUT ... the 4th quarter only lasted 10 minutes. (by mutual agreement apparently)

Looking up the lines, a tracking site I found had Ceasars/Harrahs going at -44 but everyone else was anywhere from -46 to -48.

Does the shortening of the game make all those bets no play? Or did the teams possibly screw some unknown number of betters by not playing it out in full?
Old 09-02-2018, 12:45 AM   #147
RainMaker
General Manager

Most books count it as official if at least 55 minutes are played.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 04:10 AM   #148
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Most books count it as official if at least 55 minutes are played.

Thanks. This level of detail is just beyond my experience, so I knew just enough to catch it as a "might be" problematic.

I wonder if that played a role in picking five minutes as the amount of time they shortened the game by?

Either way, where I kinda went mentally with this was "how much more cognizent of such things will teams have to become with the expansion of sports betting?"
Old 09-02-2018, 05:11 AM   #149
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post

Looked like SF Kelly not Oregon Kelly.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 07:58 AM   #150
tarcone
Coordinator

Iowa looks the same.

Interesting that our coach hasnt evolved one bit in 20 years.