Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-14-2003, 05:07 AM   #1
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Where to buy latest version of cm4

where is a good place to order it... Being on Us Soil.. i've had limited success time wise getting this game.. i wanna get this as a Christmas present.. but no idea where to tell my girl friend to order it from heh

Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 05:36 AM   #2
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

gogamer.com

I have bought both of my CMs from them. They are US-based (Irvine, CA, in fact, very close to where I live), so it doesn't take a million years to get it.

My best guess is that if you order from gogamer (and their pricing is competitive, shouldn't be any different than most others), you will have the game inside of 2-3 business days. Of course, the holidays might affect that...(no, almost certainly will).

CR

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 12-14-2003 at 05:37 AM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 08:03 AM   #3
WussGawd
College Benchwarmer

gogamer.com.

Good, fast service. Good prices.
WussGawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 08:24 AM   #4
ice4277
Pro Rookie

I recommend www.reserve.co.uk without any qualifications.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 09:57 AM   #5
QuikSand
lolzcat

Minor point - be sure that you buy Championship Manager 03/04, rather than CM4 (the previous version). There were a few unfixed bugs with CM4, and I think you'd be pretty disappointed with that game.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 04:15 PM   #6
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally posted by ice4277
I recommend www.reserve.co.uk without any qualifications.

I'd recommend this one too (also known as www.ukgames.co.uk). I've used it for the last few CM releases, and a few other UK games, and I've never had any problems with them. Shipping is cheap and quick too.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 04:17 PM   #7
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

How quick?

Reason I ask is because it would have to be pretty quick to beat a store that does business from within the U.S. Isn't reserve.co.uk actually in Great Britain?

CR

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 12-14-2003, 04:21 PM   #8
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Well, I always pre-ordered in the past from reserve.co.uk, but it seemed like I got it before most people in the U.S. did. It did seem to be a couple dollars cheaper as well. However, it could be different now that the game has been out for a while.
Old 12-14-2003, 04:26 PM   #9
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Ah, but where did the other U.S. people get it? They also probably went with UK-based retailers.

I am pretty sure that a U.S.-based retailer, as gogamer is, will be able to get a package to anyone in the U.S., and for cheaper shipping as well, faster than any retailer outside of the U.S. (and especially from overseas).

I'm sure reserve.co.uk is a great retailer, and is probably one of the best retailers to go for if you're in UK or Europe.

But for an American buyer, going with a U.S.-based retailer is likely at least a $5 difference in shipping and getting it in 2 days instead of 5 (and I heard some delivieries taking as long as a week to two weeks, but I don't know if any of those were from reserve.co.uk)/

gogamer is the only American retailer I know that carries CM03-04, although you might be able to find it elsewhere by now.

CR

Old 12-14-2003, 05:14 PM   #10
ice4277
Pro Rookie

This is probably true, I think I was ordering in the days before GoGamer carried CM.
Old 12-14-2003, 05:15 PM   #11
Critch
lolzcat

I normally pre-order from reserve.co.uk too, so I've normally got it before it's available over here. Normally takes about 5 days to get here, shipping is about $3 (it's 2 pound, not sure what the exchange rate is at the moment). Pretty good all in all. I stick with them as I've used them for years and never had any problems, I've never used gogamer.

Only time I've had a package from them take more than a week was when the post office in DC was closed due to anthrax contamination, and I couldn't really blame reserve.co.uk for that.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote