Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-11-2020, 05:54 PM   #5251
JPhillips
General Manager

Why bother? It was just the two of us and you refuse to answer a simple question.

Define what makes someone radical left.
Old 10-11-2020, 05:57 PM   #5252
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Why bother? It was just the two of us and you refuse to answer a simple question.

Define what makes someone radical left.

I agree there's no need to bother.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 06:06 PM   #5253
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
I'll probably regret this, but what the hell.

What policy preferences make one, radical left?

I was right.
Old 10-11-2020, 06:10 PM   #5254
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Yup, no super powers without the bros.

Funny, so was I.
Old 10-11-2020, 06:26 PM   #5255
JPhillips
General Manager

Just another for your radical left list, I guess.
Old 10-11-2020, 06:29 PM   #5256
tarcone
Coordinator

Could there be a radical Moderate?

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 06:36 PM   #5257
PilotMan
Head Coach

The left today, is far closer to the left of 50 years ago, than the right of today is to the right of 50 years ago.

Definitions are bullshit without a starting point of reference.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 06:39 PM   #5258
spleen1015
Coordinator

But the radical left ON THIS BOARD....
Old 10-11-2020, 07:02 PM   #5259
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

If there is anyone that could possibly be defined as "radical left" on this board, it would be Rainmaker. I don't think he would even take that as an insult. Everyone else is actually pretty moderate whether left or right, with maybe the occasional view being closer to an extreme.
Of course, according to our European members we all far right lunatics.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by GrantDawg : 10-11-2020 at 07:13 PM.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 07:08 PM   #5260
JPhillips
General Manager

Until the past couple of year, though, Rain seemed much more libertarian to me.
Old 10-11-2020, 07:09 PM   #5261
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
But the radical left ON THIS BOARD....

Can I get Head of Antifa as my title?
Old 10-11-2020, 07:11 PM   #5262
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I absolutely think this is a fair question and willing to have that discussion with you assuming we agree on some proposed rules (see above response to JPhillips). I said this to Brian further up.

I can discuss about anything with far left or far right as long as it is kept respectful, so as long as I am respected I give respect, no need for me to be a dick unless someone goes there first or says something incredibly offensive/ignorant.

I think both "radicals" can be extremely hard to have discourse with, the reason it seems like such a one way street here is the farthest to the right have left, or stay out of many of these discussions.

Go to the OOTP off topic debate forum for a healthy dose of the biggest douchebags on both sides. I seriously don't think I could sit in the same room as some of those guys.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 07:12 PM   #5263
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Until the past couple of year, though, Rain seemed much more libertarian to me.

Rain just hates everything
Old 10-11-2020, 08:09 PM   #5264
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

My Facebook and Twitter feed would roll over laughing at anyone being called radical left here. Hell, even Rainmaker is pulling for Biden. We don't have any Bernie or Bust - or even more so the folks that say Bernie is a compromise candidate (and call him moderate left while calling Biden a right winger).

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 10-11-2020, 08:23 PM   #5265
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
My Facebook and Twitter feed would roll over laughing at anyone being called radical left here. Hell, even Rainmaker is pulling for Biden. We don't have any Bernie or Bust - or even more so the folks that say Bernie is a compromise candidate (and call him moderate left while calling Biden a right winger).

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Yes. It's why I'd like to have the term defined.
Old 10-11-2020, 09:22 PM   #5266
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Apropos of nothing, it's always good to add to one's vocabulary

Respectability politics - Wikipedia
Tone policing - Wikipedia

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 10-11-2020 at 09:26 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 09:45 PM   #5267
Edward64
Head Coach

Donald, you are taking some bad advice. Unless you are a murderer, rapist, child molester or like, odds are you can get more than $1M for this.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/12/us/ga...rnd/index.html
Quote:
A Black man is suing Galveston, Texas, and its police department for more than $1 million after a 2019 incident in which he was handcuffed and tied to officers on horseback as they led him down a street.

Donald Neely, 44, was arrested and charged with criminal trespass near a US Post Office in August of last year. Court records show the case against him was dismissed in March.

His arrest received national attention after photos showed two mounted officers from the Galveston Police Department leading Neely through the city by what appeared to be a rope. Police said at the time that the officer was holding a "line" clipped to Neely's handcuffs, not a rope -- though it's unclear what the difference is.
Old 10-16-2020, 01:19 PM   #5268
RainMaker
General Manager

RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 03:09 PM   #5269
PilotMan
Head Coach

Why wasn't he shot and killed? Officers didn't fear for their lives from the armed individual who approached them?

Like Steam?

Old 10-16-2020, 07:00 PM   #5270
Radii
Head Coach

my reply to the last 2 to 2 1/2 pages: lol. Yeah, that about sums it up.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 11:52 AM   #5271
JPhillips
General Manager

A Boogaloo Boy has been arrested for shooting up the MN 3rd precinct station as well as helping set it on fire. I doubt we'll ever know the full extent of what happened, but it's pretty clear that there was an organized effort to start rioting and violence led by white nationalist groups.
Old 10-23-2020, 04:04 PM   #5272
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
A Boogaloo Boy has been arrested for shooting up the MN 3rd precinct station as well as helping set it on fire. I doubt we'll ever know the full extent of what happened, but it's pretty clear that there was an organized effort to start rioting and violence led by white nationalist groups.
but...but...but...ANTIFA!!
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 04:50 PM   #5273
PilotMan
Head Coach

ANTIFA set him up of course.

Like Steam?

Old 10-23-2020, 04:51 PM   #5274
Atocep
Coordinator

It's not like they have anything better to do now that they're not starting fires in Washington, Oregon, and California.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 07:26 PM   #5275
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999 View Post
"Peaceful" protesters.

lol

Old 10-23-2020, 09:54 PM   #5276
Radii
Head Coach

lol indeed. i'm SHOCKED I tell you.
Old 10-25-2020, 07:01 PM   #5277
RainMaker
General Manager

'You're gonna kill me!': Dallas police body cam footage reveals the final minutes of Tony Timpa's life
Old 10-30-2020, 02:19 PM   #5278
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Uh... wow.

KSP training slideshow quotes Hitler, advocates ‘ruthless’ violence – Manual RedEye

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that the acceptable number of Hitler references in a police training video should be zero, not three.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 02:37 PM   #5279
JPhillips
General Manager

So, do I ask my relative by marriage about this? He used to work as a physical trainer for the KSP academy.

edit: I didn't realize this story was broken by high school students. Good for them.

Last edited by JPhillips : 10-30-2020 at 05:20 PM.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 07:52 PM   #5280
RainMaker
General Manager

Old 11-21-2020, 09:01 PM   #5281
PilotMan
Head Coach

Tomorrow is 6 years since the Tamir Rice killing. He would have turned 18 this year.

Like Steam?

Old 11-22-2020, 10:38 AM   #5282
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Tomorrow is 6 years since the Tamir Rice killing. He would have turned 18 this year.

SIX YEARS..

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/News/12-y...ry?id=71654873

Like Steam?

Old 12-16-2020, 02:53 PM   #5283
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

It only took a year and a judge demand to hand over THIS video
‘You Have the Wrong Place:’ Body Camera Video Shows Moments Police Handcuff Innocent, Naked Woman During Wrong Raid – CBS Chicago
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 05:35 PM   #5284
RainMaker
General Manager

This is one of the worst stories I've ever read about.

Termaine Joseph Hicks exonerated after 19 years in prison
Old 12-16-2020, 06:20 PM   #5285
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post

That is an incredible story. Just fucking incredible. She's right. Their actions are going to lead to someone being damaged for years. Scared and never feeling comfortable or safe in her own home. I mean, the worst part of that story was the guy they broke her door down to find had a police tracker on and was in the apartment next door. Fucking stupid.

Like Steam?

Old 12-17-2020, 11:42 AM   #5286
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
That is an incredible story. Just fucking incredible. She's right. Their actions are going to lead to someone being damaged for years. Scared and never feeling comfortable or safe in her own home. I mean, the worst part of that story was the guy they broke her door down to find had a police tracker on and was in the apartment next door. Fucking stupid.

100%. The video is awful, you can easily tell how (understandably) terrified she is, and for a raid on the wrong address, this is about as good as it could possibly have gone. Just awful
Old 12-17-2020, 02:36 PM   #5287
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Old 12-17-2020, 02:38 PM   #5288
RainMaker
General Manager

Should point out the Mayor and her team tried to hide the video for over a year and then threatened the woman when she released it to the press.
Old 12-28-2020, 11:21 PM   #5289
PilotMan
Head Coach

Andre Hill

The names don't stop. The cop was fired though, and likely faces charges. We'll see.

Like Steam?

Old 01-09-2021, 11:18 AM   #5290
miami_fan
Coordinator

It does not even draw any emotions for me anymore. I will look for victories anywhere. At least he said he was sorry, right?

Iowa Man Who Drove Into Protest Crowd Avoids Prison | Time

Quote:
(IOWA CITY, Iowa) — A white man who deliberately sped his car through a crowd of racial injustice protesters in Iowa City, striking several, will avoid prison and have the incident erased from his record if he stays out of trouble for three years.

A judge last month granted a deferred judgment for Michael Ray Stepanek, 45, who told police he drove his Toyota Camry through the crowd in August because the protesters needed “an attitude adjustment.”

The sentence means a felony charge of willful injury resulting in bodily injury against Stepanek will be dismissed and expunged, as long as he does not commit a crime during a three-year term of probation. Judge Paul Miller also suspended a $1,025 civil fine.

Offenders who commit “forcible felonies” are not eligible for deferred judgments, but the charge to which Stepanek pleaded is not considered one under Iowa law. He was also eligible for the break because he did not have a criminal history.

Stepanek’s attorney John Bruzek said his client was influenced by social media and political rhetoric characterizing the protesters as dangerous criminals. Stepanek initially believed he was legally justified but has come to see he was wrong and apologized, Bruzek said.

“Michael understands how his conduct could have resulted in a much more serious and harmful situation,” he said.

The Johnson County Attorney’s Office, which agreed to Stepanek’s plea deal, could face accusations of double standards as it continues to pursue charges against some Black Lives Matter protesters involved in the demonstrations last summer.

Prosecutors are pursuing 15 counts, including nine felonies, against a protest leader charged with shining a laser beam light in police officers’ eyes in August.

A 20-year-old Black protester who carried an assault rifle through an Iowa City crowd in June has been indicted on a federal charge of illegally possessing a gun while using marijuana. The man, who faces up to 10 years in prison, had already been prosecuted by Johnson County on related charges after the gun was found during a traffic stop following the protest.

Separately in Des Moines, prosecutors are pursuing felony leak charges against two protesters accused of stealing an intelligence bulletin from an officer and giving it to a television reporter.

Stepanek’s violence came during a downtown Iowa City protest organized by the Iowa Freedom Riders, whose members have been pushing for changes to policing for months. Police fired tear gas on them in June, outraging city leaders.

Police say Stepanek became enraged when he was stopped behind other vehicles after protesters blocked an intersection. He honked his horn then made a U-turn, squealing his tires to turn around.

Then, he shut off his lights, drove around the block, and turned onto a downtown street where there were no vehicles between him and the protesters, police say. Video shows his car striking multiple protesters, dragging one on his hood, before speeding off.

A 21-year-old protest organizer said she had a sore leg after she was mowed down and that the incident opened her eyes to the “hatred of people in this community.”

“It was extremely jarring to have some stranger take it upon himself to punish a group of young unarmed people for inconvenience and/or political dissidence,” the University of Iowa student wrote in a victim impact statement. She said the crime made her wary of cars and “paranoid about violence.”

A police officer on the scene saw Stepanek speeding away and noted his license plate but did not pursue him, citing traffic congestion. The officer claimed to have not seen him plow through the crowd.

The Iowa City Police Department announced an investigation the next day, after video of the incident spread on social media and protesters accused police of failing to respond.

The department asked those who were struck to come forward, but only one did. Stepanek was arrested and spent 76 days in jail.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 11:25 AM   #5291
whomario
Pro Starter

Every time this justification "i was influenced by social media and political rhetoric yadda yadda" is used this should only be considered if in turn those doing the influence get charged.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 11:26 AM   #5292
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

But, don't worry - there's no double standard

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 12:02 PM   #5293
BYU 14
Coordinator

What a crock of shit, well done Iowa. This just infuriates me.
Old 02-02-2021, 05:34 PM   #5294
RainMaker
General Manager

lol

Probation for cyclist in Capital Crescent Trail assault that went viral | WTOP
Old 02-03-2021, 05:54 PM   #5295
JPhillips
General Manager

Prosecutors say they can't find Kyle Rittenhouse.
Old 02-03-2021, 06:29 PM   #5296
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Apparently, his lawyer asked the DA to redact the address of where he was planning to move. The DA said he wouldn't agree, but Rittenhouse was free to move the Court and see what the judge said.

So he just moved without telling anyone.

My clients would be obliterated if they tried that.

Oh, wait, no they wouldn't because they wouldn't have a chance to do it because my client who was charged with crossing a state line to murder people wouldn't be out on fucking bond to begin with.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 07:16 PM   #5297
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Bond they didn't pay themselves, thus have no financial stake. The fact he is free and flaunting it is atrocious.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 10:04 PM   #5298
JPhillips
General Manager

ping: lawyers

Is this a thing you should do?

Quote:
Rittenhouse's attorney says they intentionally wrote the wrong address on court papers after being advised to do so by a "high-ranking member of the Kenosha Police Department." This, the defense claims, was to protect the location of a "safe house" for the defendant.
Old 02-03-2021, 10:35 PM   #5299
RainMaker
General Manager

He was at a bar with a bunch of fascists posing for photos the other day. Not exactly in fear for his life.

As its been said many many times here, it is good to be white.
Old 02-03-2021, 11:46 PM   #5300
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Authorities can’t find Kyle Rittenhouse, ask for arrest warrant