Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-11-2008, 08:14 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL Week 1 Results & Discussion

BOOO! I won my game vs CSU week 1 and when I went to upload it tells me the EA servers are down. I've tried several times to get the file uploaded but it will not let me. I swear to God if I lose this time around I will be livid.

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:15 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

If this happens to anyone else let me know so I know that you didn't restart your game.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:58 PM   #3
Ironhead
College Prospect

Texas A&M starts out right with a 30-7 win at home over Arkansas State. Up 24-7 at half time we decided to just go into complete grind-it-out mode. Arkansas State's run defense was surprisingly solid - we only averaged around 3 yards per carry for the game.

The most exciting play came off a horrible pitch decision by me. Busted play almost turned into a gem:

Last edited by Ironhead : 08-11-2008 at 08:59 PM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:57 PM   #4
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

USF (me) loses a heartbreaker 17-13 to Illinois. Juice Williams was a weapon both on the ground and in the air, leading the Illini back from a 13-3 first half deficit.

It's gonna take me a little time to get used to the spread.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:14 PM   #5
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

DAMN I got so excited and then realized I have a bye week one.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 01:21 AM   #6
Radii
Head Coach

NC State hung in there with South Carolina for 3 quarters, but fell apart in the 4th, and just committed too many turnovers.

After falling behind 10-0 early, we put together a nice drive to finish off the first quarter, the key play being this 21 yard run by Jamelle Eugene to set up 1st and goal and an easy touchdown:

The second quarter was just full of missed opportunities that changed the way the rest of the game played out. We played some awesome defense, got down to the SC 12 yard line before our QB Evans fumbled the ball away on a scramble. We held, got the ball back, and got back inside the 20 again before Eugene fumbled on the 15 yard line. Down 10-7 vs a top 25 team with multiple chances to go ahead, those two turnovers just killed us.

SC scored before the half to lead 17-7.

The really bad blow came on the first drive of the 3rd quarter:

There wasn't really a good angle for the replay, the WR was running a comeback route, he was supposed to cut back in towards the sideline. I threw the pass a bit early, before he cut, giving the converging linebacker an easy path to the ball. We fell back 24-7 then.

We did score 10 straight, to cut the lead to 24-17 at the end of 3 quarters, but SC totally dominated the 4th quarter. They started shutting down our running game(for the first time all game really), and I just couldn't get the passing game going. The more desparate i got the further we fell behind.

South Carolina 38
NC STate 17

Was *much* closer than that for most of the game, but not a really suprising result. The best news on the game is that Eugene was able to run for 97 yards even with me shutting down the running game in the last ~5 minutes to try to get back in the game. I'm expecting a number of 100 yard games for him.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 01:23 AM   #7
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Mississippi State went into Joe Aillet Stadium in Ruston, Louisiana for a sold out game against the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs. Fans of Louisiana Tech were excited to see an SEC team come to town but, by the end of the game, they were probably happier to see that same team leave.

In a battle of Bulldogs, the Mississippi State ones struck first. "I'll be honest, up until our first score, Blake McAdams, our punter, was looking like our Most Valuable Player," said State coach Brad Vest. But, after nearly ten minutes of play, M.S.U. got on the board when Wesley Carroll found running back Anthony Dixon over the middle for a touchdown. This wouldn't be the last time the duo would hook up.

From there, the floodgates opened scoring-wise and the two teams would trade enough points to make it 35-14 at the half. Carroll would throw three second quarter touchdowns, a one-yarder to fullback Brandon Hart on a playaction pass, a fifteen yard strike to tight end Kendrick Cook, and finally a one yard pass to Cook as well. In addition to the passing touchdowns, defensive star Derek Pegues would take an interception back sixty-eight yards for another score.

The Louisiana Tech Bulldogs weren't lying down though. Running back Patrick Jackson was tearing through the Mississippi run defense, eventually taking off on a seventy-one yard sprint for a touchdown. La. Tech would also get a twenty-three yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Phillip Livas.

The second half though was one of disappointment for the home team and home fans alike. Mississippi State would score another twenty-four unanswered points in the second half. Anthony Dixon tore through the La. Tech defense for sixty-two yards on a screen pass for six. McAdams, serving as the team's kicker, knocked home a twenty-one yard field goal. Dixon added a two yard touchdown run as the team attempted to run out the clock.

The game would have an ugly ending when, with the home team losing 52-14 and two seconds on the clock, the La. Tech backup quarterback threw an interception at the Miss. State eleven yard line. Rather than take a knee, cornerback Tay Bowser, gimpy with a hamstring injury grabbed the ball and took off towards the Tech endzone. He scored with ease, despite limping down the sideline, as few Tech players bothered to give chase. Fans, however, let the visitors know how classy they felt the play was as they pelted the field with cups, bottles, and other garbage.

"It was never our intention to run up the score and I do feel bad about Tay (Bowser)'s score but the game isn't over until that final tackle. He saw a chance to score and took it. I would rather that than perhaps a guy that is too afraid of hurting someone's feelings to take it to the house when he gets the chance," said an unapologetic Coach Vest.

On the day, Carroll threw 5 touchdowns against 1 interception. Anthony Dixon ran for 90 yards and had another 70 in receiving during his three touchdown performance. The defense held strong against the pass, giving up just 150 yards, but did allow 170 yards rushing on just twenty carries.

"I think we saw some good and some bad, but we're going to have to get much better if we're to perform well against the schedule we've got," said Coach Vest as the press conference came to a close.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 01:26 AM   #8
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

On a side note, I did have one funny thing happen in that the touchdown pass that Louisiana Tech scored, the guy was standing out of bounds, both feet in the white, caught the ball perhaps for half a second, my guy swiped the ball and it went flying out of his hands. Referee calls it incomplete. The game then reviews the play for in bounds and, despite him standing still out of bounds, give them the catch and touchdown. Pretty comical although if it were a tighter game, I'm not sure it would've been as funny!
Old 08-12-2008, 07:35 AM   #9
KWhit
Coordinator

I lost in game one to Bowling Green.

I threw 6 INTs.

Sigh.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:33 PM   #10
cmp
Pro Rookie

Arkansas wins 49-35 over Buffalo. We shut down their run but couldn't find a way to stop their passing attack. Michael Smith had a huge game with almost 200 yards on the ground, 100 receiving and 4 total touchdowns.

Unless we figure out a way to stop the pass we may be in trouble.

Last edited by cmp : 08-12-2008 at 07:34 PM.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:44 PM   #11
Logan
Head Coach

Oklahoma State destroys Washington State on their turf, 41-3. Zac Robinson was 14 for 19 for about 220, spreading it around to receivers, and our defense held their running game to 34 yards on 27 carries. We had 13 tackles for loss.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:55 PM   #12
Mike1409
High School Varsity

In the rain at Chapel Hill UNC defeats Army 24-6.

Business like opening game for the Heels. No injuries, no TO's is always a good start to a season.

HB Womble 26Car 83yds and 2TD's
QB Yates 7/11 130 1-0

Now a week off before traveling to Rutgers...

I am curious if the dynasty keeps the weather for a week or if it is random? Was it raining in Columbia Radii? ( and now watching your highlights it was!)
Wade how about you in Va.?

Last edited by Mike1409 : 08-12-2008 at 08:00 PM.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:17 PM   #13
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Colorado beats Colorado State (Again .. this time it actually uploaded) 52-27, in a game where freshman phenom Darrell Scott had 19 carries for 170 yards and 5 TD, as well as 5 catches for 127 yards and 1 TD, to give him six total on the day.

Four of his six TD's were from inside the ten, and I didn't even realize he had as many as he did until they announced game MVP's.

CSU could not stop the run, at all, and we just carved them up.

Now we wait for a big non conference matchup with Virginia.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:23 PM   #14
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Looks like we're 6-3 as a group so far, not too shabby. I'm still jealous of you bastards that have commitments already! In my solo dynasty, my first one didn't come until week 7 or something like that. I'm hoping people love me more in our league!
Old 08-12-2008, 11:24 PM   #15
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Looks like we're 6-3 as a group so far, not too shabby. I'm still jealous of you bastards that have commitments already! In my solo dynasty, my first one didn't come until week 7 or something like that. I'm hoping people love me more in our league!

i'm in week 12 or 13 w/ NC State in my solo dynasty and don't have any yet. UNC seems to have a pretty huge edge on NCSU early on(espicially w/ Mike getting a 5 star recruit in week 1, holy shit).
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:37 PM   #16
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, that is an awesome early pull grabbing a 5 star guy off the bat. I was excited to get a 4 star in my solo in week 13 and that has only come after going 8-3 thus far which I would be lucky to replicate in our league.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:14 AM   #17
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Will somebody with the appropriate mad skilz explain how to embed a video in the thread?
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:27 AM   #18
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Will somebody with the appropriate mad skilz explain how to embed a video in the thread?

Ok.....

1) Go to your EA Sports World account and click on the video you want to paste.

2) Click the Share link on the side of the video.

3) Hit the copy tab and paste it into the "insert image" link on this page.

Last edited by Galaxy : 08-13-2008 at 01:23 AM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:28 AM   #19
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Ok.....

1) Go to your EA Sports World account and click on the video you want to paste.

2) Click the Share link on the side of the video.

3) Hit the copy tab and paste it the "insert image" link on this page.

Thank you
Old 08-13-2008, 12:30 AM   #20
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Thank you

Hopefully I have it right.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:14 AM   #21
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
In the rain at Chapel Hill UNC defeats Army 24-6.

Business like opening game for the Heels. No injuries, no TO's is always a good start to a season.

HB Womble 26Car 83yds and 2TD's
QB Yates 7/11 130 1-0

Now a week off before traveling to Rutgers...

I am curious if the dynasty keeps the weather for a week or if it is random? Was it raining in Columbia Radii? ( and now watching your highlights it was!)
Wade how about you in Va.?

Haven't played yet, I'll let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:15 AM   #22
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
i'm the last man standing?

I'm going to try and get my game in tonight, but worst case it will be tomorrow night.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 08-14-2008, 06:06 AM   #23
wade moore
lolzcat

Sorry guys.

Will 100% get my game in today.

BTW - do you do recruiting stuff before or after your game?

Quote:
Old 08-14-2008, 06:53 AM   #24
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Before your game.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:34 AM   #25
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Ill be able to advance around 1130 est tonight if Wade finishes by then. No need to rush Wade, just letting evveryone know when to expect a new file. Could be earlier but I am shooting for then.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:15 AM   #26
wade moore
lolzcat

I'll be finished by then. My wife has a meeting from 7:00-9:00ish, so I'll be doing it then.

Detox - when do you want to get our week 2 game in?

Quote:
Old 08-14-2008, 10:36 AM   #27
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Saturday afternoon works or any day next week after 8. We can work around your schedule though as mine isn't totally set in stone besides Sunday where I will be out all day.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:45 AM   #28
wade moore
lolzcat

Aight. Weekends are always interestinfg for me, so I'll keep it in mind. Otherwise I'll blockout a weeknight next week.

Quote:
Old 08-14-2008, 07:33 PM   #29
wade moore
lolzcat

I had to face #4 USC (oof).

We played respectably and it was really closer than the 32-7 final showed.

Ahwell.

Quote:
Old 08-14-2008, 07:36 PM   #30
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post

Ahwell.

Damn man, what happened. I checked your status while you were playing the game and you were only down 16-7 in the 4th. I thought you had a shot.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:38 PM   #31
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Ahwell.

I was rooting for you too Wade. Sorry man!
Old 08-14-2008, 08:03 PM   #32
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Home early .. advancing now

Last edited by DeToxRox : 08-14-2008 at 08:03 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:46 PM   #33
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Damn man, what happened. I checked your status while you were playing the game and you were only down 16-7 in the 4th. I thought you had a shot.

Quote:
I was rooting for you too Wade. Sorry man!

Yeah - it was disappointing. at 16-7 they got a FG. at 19-7 in the 4th I had to start airing it out and I just can't do that well in this game yet. A lot of short drives combined with one punt that I didn't quite out of bounds just did me in.

Would have been HUGE to pull off a win against USC.

Quote:
Old 08-14-2008, 10:34 PM   #34
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Yeah - it was disappointing. at 16-7 they got a FG. at 19-7 in the 4th I had to start airing it out and I just can't do that well in this game yet. A lot of short drives combined with one punt that I didn't quite out of bounds just did me in.

Would have been HUGE to pull off a win against USC.

Oof, tough one.

I have a brutal stretch coming up with UVA, West Virginia and Florida State. FSU's D is ranked 99 in this game, and the team is a 94; it's disgusting. I hope to win one of the three but if I lost them all I am not going to be surprised.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:03 AM   #35
wade moore
lolzcat

Yeah. That's the thing. I expected to get crushed. When I was within 9 late in the game I had a glimmer of hope - making the loss that much worse.

Quote: