Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Should we move up sim deadlines?
Yes - Make it 5 days 0 0%
Yes - Make it 4 days 5 41.67%
Yes - Make it 3 days 4 33.33%
No - 6 is fine 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-25-2008, 08:32 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL - Quicker sim time?

It wouldn't affect this week, but we seem to move pretty quick as it is, would people like to move up how long we have to do our stuff, seeing now how long a normal week takes?

Please vote how many days you'd like, or if you want to keep it the same.

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:54 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

bump
Old 08-28-2008, 05:58 AM   #3
wade moore
lolzcat

I know all of the leagues are moving to do this, but I think it's a bad, bad idea.

Right now we're all excited because it's new and we get our games in quickly. The normal things that will start to happen to make it so that we can't get our games in haven't happened.

I like it how it is now. 6 days, but if we finish early - we move on. If we cut to 3 or 4 days I think as we move on you'll find a lot of people missing their sim - I know I will.

I asked about the length of time early on because I knew if we were in a situation where we HAD to get it done on a weeknight, I might not be able to.

I just think changing the deadline right now is a bad move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:51 AM   #4
Logan
Head Coach

If we move it, 5 days at the fewest. But then again, to me there's no real difference between 5 or 6 days, because in the big picture, grand scheme of how much quicker we'd be through a season with that change -- we've only had one or two weeks so far that have gone til the end right? -- that would allow us to finish a season less than a week earlier than we would have otherwise. I don't think there's enough benefit to moving it, at least compared to the potential downfall if people couldn't get everything done in time.

Let's also not forget that few of us have gotten to play each other yet, where it will be more difficult to get everything scheduled.

I voted to just keep it.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:03 PM   #5
Mike1409
High School Varsity

I will say that once football season begins we will start to slow down a little. I am curious to see how after we complete the first season, how long it takes to do all the off season events.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:26 PM   #6
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I was thinking get the first season completed pretty fast while everything is new and then slow things down. But now with the new sliders and my SEC schedule coming up, I'm cool with prolonging the agony as long as needed.

I just watched my Kentucky guys bounce of crappy Western Ken. players right and left. I don't want to play Florids or LSU....ever.

Last edited by Grammaticus : 08-30-2008 at 10:26 PM.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 01:49 PM   #7
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I think what we'll do is next season move to 5 days, because so far everyone is flying through their stuff weekly.