Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-25-2008, 03:02 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL Week 4!! Uploads due Tuesday, September 2nd!!

New sliders in effect

All American
7min quarters

Offense Human/CPU
QB Accuracy 40/50*
Pass Block 0/0
WR Catch 15/15
RB Ability 45/60
Run Block 30*/100

Defense
Awareness 50/90
Knockdown 100/100
Interception 0/0
Break Block 65/100
Tackle 25/30

Special Teams
FG Power 5/15
FG Accuracy 0/30*
Punt Power 45/50
Punt Accuracy 50/70
Kickoff Power 50/65

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:02 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Dola .. if we finish early, I'll advance early but still give extra time to those who need it.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:12 PM   #3
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'll try to play tonight but if I can't, I definitely will tomorrow.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 04:05 PM   #4
DeToxRox
Head Coach

After a heartbreaking loss to Virginia in week 2, Colorado put all their misfortune behind them with a 41-28 thumping of #7 West Virginia on National TV. Colorado's defense turned in a dominating performance, forcing Pat White, albeit he was successful, to lead WVU with his arm and not his legs, which sent WVU's offense into a tailspin.

Meanwhile Cody Hawkins continued to emerged as a great young QB, going 15 for 21 for 251 yards, with 3 TD and 2 INT.

The story though, as it has been throughout the year, was Freshman phenom Darrell Scott, who ran 28 times for 201 yards and 2 scores against a horribly outclassed Mountaineer D.

Next up, Colorado takes on Florida State, who feature the most dominate D in the Nation.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:07 PM   #5
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Some notes on the game ..

I gave up 309 yards passing to Pat White because I sold out against the run. They broke two huge runs, both though were negated by holding, and after that the team was toast.

WVU's only an 84 overall, as their D is pathetic. If you get to their ground game early and often you can take them to school, though it's imperative to keep a spy at all times or else White can shread you.

Also, I dunno WVU's schedule but I knocked Devine out for a week, so if you play them, you're welcome. As you'll see in a video I am uploading, he killed me for a 90 yard TD reception. He can fly.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:23 PM   #6
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Darrell Scott does it again, this time from almost 70 yards out

Hawkins with a deep pass to Williams, exploiting a bad WVU secondary

Hawkins to McKnight with 1 seconds left in the first half

I don't know what the hell I was trying to tackle initially but it didn't matter, as Noel Devine races 90 yards for a TD
Old 08-25-2008, 05:30 PM   #7
Radii
Head Coach

Holy crapwhat a crazy game. We get an INT on the first play of the game and kick a FG on the ensuing drive. I'm thinking we're in for an easy game against a subpar team but that's totally incorrect. ECU runs a spread offense and has a speedy RB that they are always running out of 3 and 4 WR offenses, and we just cannot stop them. Luckily we can score at will too it seems.

It' s 17-17 after 1 quarter, and really we have to count ourselves lucky as hell to have scored at all. Our first TD is a pass thrown into double coverage(they had a blitzer coming free and I just launched it), both defenders jump the pass and somehow miss it, and Bowens takes it to the house.

Our second TD was a bit more well calculated but still dangerour, as our QB pitches the ball to Jamelle Eugene right as he gets hit, luckily the pitch is clean and Eugene is gone:

We trail 24-20 at the half, but go up 34-31 by the end of the 3rd quarter.

In the 4th quarter, Beck throws INT's on two posessions in a row, and ECU scores on both of them, and we're in trouble, down 41-34. However, we come up huge, with a game tying TD drive, and force possibly the only 3 and out of the game on the next posession. We run some clock and hope for a TD, but a sack kills our drive, we end up kicking a field goal with exactly 1:00 to play to go up 44-41.

ECU drives right down the field, and were there 15 more seconds on the clock they may have won. They end up settling for the tying field goal instead, from the ~10 yard line with 5 seconds left in the game.

Overtime is anticlimactic. ECU goes 3 and out and pushes a FG wide. Our first play in OT:

As always, most of our damage is done on the ground, as we run the ball 33 times while passing it 20 times. Starting QB Daniel Evans is hurt in the first quarter, only going 2-4, 66 yards/1 TD. Backup Harrison Beck plays the final 3 quarters and does throw two INTs, but comes up with some huge passes too, 9-16 for 114 yards, 3 TDs.

Jamelle Eugene sets a school rushing record, running 31 times for 287 yards and 2 TDs.

Final Score: NC State 50, ECU 44 (OT)
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 05:32 PM   #8
Radii
Head Coach

Bigger than just getting the win in our game, we had about 9 recruits visiting this week, including all of the 4* guys we are after. Losing a rivalry game in front of all those guys would have been horrible. Winning it hopefully will give us a edge on most, if not all of them.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:35 PM   #9
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post

Hawkins with a deep pass to Williams, exploiting a bad WVU secondary

Man, I know I look to run first and don't go deep through the air a lot, but I don't think i've *ever* seen one of my WRs get that much separation running a post route before, that's huge.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:26 PM   #10
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Man, I know I look to run first and don't go deep through the air a lot, but I don't think i've *ever* seen one of my WRs get that much separation running a post route before, that's huge.

Since the patch I've seen it more and more. I woulda had another long bomb when I pump faked and the DB bit, but I over threw it. My WR made a sick diving catch but it shoulda' been an easy six.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:34 PM   #11
Logan
Head Coach

Stupid bye week. I'm ready.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:45 PM   #12
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

About to play but got some good news. Two soft commits, one 4 * and one 3 * PLUS we're ranked #25!
Old 08-25-2008, 08:50 PM   #13
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm mid-game, but first two passes were about five yards off. Is this unusual with the new sliders or going to be the norm?
Old 08-25-2008, 08:54 PM   #14
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

NM, must have been a rarity as he's been a little more on since.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:01 PM   #15
Ironhead
College Prospect

#22 ranked Texas A&M moves to 3-0 with an impressive 38-22 win over a Miami squad in a "down" year. The ground game proved to be incredibly effective as three tailbacks plus quarterback Stephen McGee split around 35 carries almost evenly.

Miami had some opportunities but they continually stalled inside the redzone. We also just continue to play much tigher football in the turnover column.

Next week we are host to Army. Odds are high that we will go into Stillwater in Week 6 putting an unbeaten record up again Logan's Oklahoma Cowboys.

Last edited by Ironhead : 08-25-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:53 PM   #16
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

The 25'th ranked Mississippi State Bulldogs played a squeaker on the road at Georgia Tech. Their running backs are kind of like that disappearing/reappearing X-Man as they broke 19 tackles to our 3. However we put the ball in the endzone with 9 seconds to play to pull out the victory, 25-24 and send us on a bye week.

Glad I have a bye week coming, I have to get used to these sliders. GT broke 19 tackles on 35 carries plus 5 more on their pick 6 so I've either got to relearn tackling or figure out how to break some tackles myself!

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 08-25-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:59 PM   #17
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Glad I have a bye week coming, I have to get used to these sliders. GT broke 19 tackles on 35 carries plus 5 more on their pick 6 so I've either got to relearn tackling or figure out how to break some tackles myself!

HA, nevermind, I'm a week off. I have LSU then my bye week. Looks like lots of solo practice between now and then!
Old 08-25-2008, 10:03 PM   #18
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
The 25'th ranked Mississippi State Bulldogs played a squeaker on the road at Georgia Tech. Their running backs are kind of like that disappearing/reappearing X-Man as they broke 19 tackles to our 3. However we put the ball in the endzone with 9 seconds to play to pull out the victory, 25-24 and send us on a bye week.

Sounds crazy. How many yards did GT's backs finish with?
Old 08-25-2008, 10:06 PM   #19
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

They only finished with 143 yards, so they only averaged 4 yards per carry so it would be stretch left, break the DE's tackle, break a linebackers tackle and then finally get put down for a 4-5 yard gain. Had they gotten loose, it could've been bad!

All in all though, the sliders present a nice challenge. I played 1 drive and defended 1 drive as Miss. St. vs. Indiana in a play now game before jumping into this game. I obviously needed a bit more practice but I do like the challenge compared to what it was before.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:48 AM   #20
cmp
Pro Rookie

Had a 3 star DE commit before the game. Recruiting is looking good also with a lot of defensive talent hopefully coming on board.

Last week we knocked off Texas, this week #24 Alabama came into town and we took it to them winning 58-27.

Ryan Mallet completed 36 of 46 passes for 386 yards and 5 touchdowns. Rod Coleman caught 10 of those passes for 111 yards and a touchdown. London Crawford caught 10 passes for 109 yards and a touchdown. Crosby Tuck had 9 receptions for 66 yards and 2 touchdowns. And Michael Smith ran the ball 29 times for 104 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Next up is Florida after a bye week next week.

Last edited by cmp : 08-26-2008 at 12:49 AM.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 06:16 AM   #21
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Congrats on the DE cmp! And nice win over 'Bama, looking forward to beating them.