Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-01-2020, 04:02 PM   #24101
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Every day I go to the 538 Trump approval tracker.

And every day, he holds in that 43-45% zone.

Nothing changes.

Nothing matters.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 04:05 PM   #24102
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

Nothing changes.

Nothing matters.

He's not dipping below 41-42% while he's president. I think if he's voted out in November his approval ratings will drop as people get some time away from the cult.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 04:06 PM   #24103
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

Nothing changes.

Nothing matters.

I do this dance too. I don't know what I expect.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 04:08 PM   #24104
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
So were you using "the lights out and nobody's home" more literally or more metaphorically?

SI
Metaphor for the utter darkness that characterizes this administration.
Old 06-01-2020, 05:06 PM   #24105
RainMaker
General Manager

Some more looting.

RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 06:00 PM   #24106
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

President Dickhead just declared martial law
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 06:05 PM   #24107
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Fauci says he hasn't spoken with Trump in two weeks.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:06 PM   #24108
RainMaker
General Manager

Old 06-01-2020, 06:06 PM   #24109
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
President Dickhead just declared martial law
They used tear gas on peaceful protesters so Trump could have a photo op.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:07 PM   #24110
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
But her emails
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 06:13 PM   #24111
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

We only have one big beautiful law now, the law of Trump. Congrats conservatives.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 06-01-2020, 06:16 PM   #24112
Atocep
Coordinator

Lets not allow him to distract us from where the real tyranny is.

Masks
Old 06-01-2020, 06:17 PM   #24113
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I also liked how it was a litany of people he was protecting us from including Antifa and then in a more hushed tone “others”, you know white suprematists.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:17 PM   #24114
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

He looks so comfortable and experienced holding a Bible.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:18 PM   #24115
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
We only have one big beautiful law now, the law of Trump. Congrats conservatives.

Congrats liberals for giving Trump exactly what he wants.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:19 PM   #24116
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

Yes, lets go back to the backwards thinking that blames people that didn't vote for Trump for Trump being president.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:20 PM   #24117
cuervo72
Head Coach

OH, we're doing this in this thread. Makes sense I guess.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:21 PM   #24118
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

lol
Old 06-01-2020, 06:22 PM   #24119
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
lol

Not sure what's funny about the situation
Old 06-01-2020, 06:24 PM   #24120
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
He looks so comfortable and experienced holding a Bible.

Looking at it again, I'm convinced he was looking for the word BIBLE so he could feature it in the product placement.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:26 PM   #24121
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Not sure what's funny about the situation

63 million people voted for Trump but it's some liberals fault for some really dumb reason I am guessing.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:30 PM   #24122
RainMaker
General Manager

Ok this part is funny

Old 06-01-2020, 06:33 PM   #24123
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
I also liked how it was a litany of people he was protecting us from including Antifa and then in a more hushed tone “others”, you know white suprematists.

Could he even talk for 30 seconds about what Antifa even is ? Considering he thinks it is a group (as in One Group) i am sceptical.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 06:36 PM   #24124
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Could he even talk for 30 seconds about what Antifa even is ? Considering he thinks it is a group (as in One Group) i am sceptical.

It's not an organization, which is why it's the perfect boogeyman for the right. They can define it however they like and label anyone they want part of it because it's impossible to prove otherwise. Their makeup is probably most similar to Anonymous.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:43 PM   #24125
RainMaker
General Manager

I have never heard of a murder or anything attributed to them. I know white supremacists and neo-nazis have committed a number of deadly terrorist attacks in this country but were instead labeled fine people.

It sort of just seems like a catch-all for people protesting against things the right doesn't like.

Last edited by RainMaker : 06-01-2020 at 06:44 PM.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:46 PM   #24126
kingfc22
Head Coach

De-escalation is not in his psychology so unsurprisingly he believes his only play is to push forward with escalating the rhetoric and somebody else will bend.

Will this be the first time that backfires on him? Hard to say, but in the short term it's going to look REAL bad if he and his GOP lackies start authorizing military action on US citizens.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:47 PM   #24127
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
It's not an organization, which is why it's the perfect boogeyman for the right. They can define it however they like and label anyone they want part of it because it's impossible to prove otherwise. Their makeup is probably most similar to Anonymous.

I know Just wanted to point one should expect the President to know that too. So either he does and thus won't say it (can't have people thinking this is complicated) or he truly has not bothered to even check.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 06:48 PM   #24128
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I am impressed by the level of empathy these protesters are getting in this case. I am disturbed by the way law enforcement personnel don’t seem to be following standard procedures for aggressive acting protesters. I was always told the standard procedures were a bit different when other widely discussed protests are brought. Maybe they are not aggressive at all and it is just my bias.

UPDATE: Law enforcement and the government are once again using the standard procedures I am familiar with. That empathy seems to have disappeared though.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 06:49 PM   #24129
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I have never heard of a murder or anything attributed to them. I know white supremacists and neo-nazis have committed a number of deadly terrorist attacks in this country but were instead labeled fine people.

It sort of just seems like a catch-all for people protesting against things the right doesn't like.

Hey I’m still waiting for those evangelical pastors who have their gulf streams and pleaded for their flocks stimulus checks to swoop in and descalate things with their prayer and stuff...

Is Donnie’s sacred place back in the bunker? What do you think his favorite bible verse is? Can he make it through one verse?
Old 06-01-2020, 06:52 PM   #24130
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
De-escalation is not in his psychology so unsurprisingly he believes his only play is to push forward with escalating the rhetoric and somebody else will bend.

Will this be the first time that backfires on him? Hard to say, but in the short term it's going to look REAL bad if he and his GOP lackies start authorizing military action on US citizens.

I guess that Putin phone call he got inspired him.

I figure Trump keeps martial law in effect until he wants to hand the reigns over to Little Donny.
Old 06-01-2020, 07:20 PM   #24131
spleen1015
Coordinator

He needed to show he's not a wimp. He didn't like the press coverage of him being bunkered the other night so he had to show us how tough he is.
Old 06-01-2020, 07:25 PM   #24132
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post

But will it, tho?

My wife and I were talking about this maybe a half hour ago. Like my coworkers, your typical Texas conservatives, will bend over backwards to justify what he's doing. "It's just the bad people." "They earned it." "They brought a kid to a riot -" wait, that was the other thread. It's all over the Twitter thread where the riot police beat on the cameraman: From the "I'm a never Trumper but they shouldn't have been there" to "When police tell you to do something, you do what you're told to" to, of course, "they had it coming". Until it's on their street, shooting at them or their family, it's easy to ignore or rationalize it.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 07:43 PM   #24133
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Yup.

Also, this one time a white guy told a joke, and, yeah, the N-word was in the punchline. But everyone acted all offended even though it was obvious that he was just joking.

So, you know, people are being oppressed all the time, and if you want to blame people for supporting Trump when he threatens to use the military against U.S. citizens, you should really be mad at the people who get way too offended over jokes, because that is why white people feel they have to support Trump.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 07:48 PM   #24134
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Things are going so well for Trump.

Old 06-01-2020, 07:50 PM   #24135
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
But will it, tho?

My wife and I were talking about this maybe a half hour ago. Like my coworkers, your typical Texas conservatives, will bend over backwards to justify what he's doing. "It's just the bad people." "They earned it." "They brought a kid to a riot -" wait, that was the other thread. It's all over the Twitter thread where the riot police beat on the cameraman: From the "I'm a never Trumper but they shouldn't have been there" to "When police tell you to do something, you do what you're told to" to, of course, "they had it coming". Until it's on their street, shooting at them or their family, it's easy to ignore or rationalize it.

SI

Maybe the people who voted for a guy who talked like a fascist just support a fascist doing fascist things.

All the evangelical and dont tread on me garbage is just a cover for what they are.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:21 PM   #24136
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Remember like a week ago when Trump was going to court black voters?
Old 06-01-2020, 08:41 PM   #24137
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Remember like a week ago when Trump was going to court black voters?

A week? 2 days ago Laura Ingraham was saying Trump could relate to the injustice blacks have faced because he faced similar injustice with the Russia investigation.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:29 PM   #24138
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I try not to be alarmist but watching the Chair of the Joint Chiefs wander through D.C. to monitor the security situation and then seeing videos of armed white mobs patrolling streets in Philly starts to concern me.

edit: And Blackhawks flying low over protestors in D.C.

Last edited by JPhillips : 06-01-2020 at 09:33 PM.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 10:32 PM   #24139
tarcone
Coordinator

Well, So much for Trump He is agitating now.

This is getting out of control.

Why cant the Dems put up a legitimate candidate?

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 11:25 PM   #24140
tarcone
Coordinator

Trump is threatening to usw the military to stop the protests/riots.

This is agianst the law. This isnt an isurrection or an attempt to overthrow the government.

Can anyone say dictator?

Old 06-01-2020, 11:32 PM   #24141
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Trump is threatening to use the military to stop the protests/riots.

This is against the law. This isnt an insurrection or an attempt to overthrow the government.

Can anyone say dictator?

Yes, you can, and you should say it everywhere.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 11:33 PM   #24142
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Trump is threatening to usw the military to stop the protests/riots.

This is agianst the law. This isnt an isurrection or an attempt to overthrow the government.

Can anyone say dictator?

Don't worry, this is why we have the Second Amendment
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 12:17 AM   #24143
SackAttack
Head Coach

George Will going nuclear on Republicans.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 03:36 AM   #24144
RendeR
Coordinator

If you want anyone to read that that isn't willing to subscribe to read a news article you'll have to copy/paste it.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 03:47 AM   #24145
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Basically says "Not only do I want Trump to lose... but I want every single enabling Republican senator to get routed"
Old 06-02-2020, 08:47 AM   #24146
tarcone
Coordinator

4 police officers in St Louis were shot last night.

Gee, Mr. Trump, what else do you have to say?

Old 06-02-2020, 08:49 AM   #24147
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Basically says "Not only do I want Trump to lose... but I want every single enabling Republican senator to get routed"

Co-signed.
HomerSimpson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 08:54 AM   #24148
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
He needed to show he's not a wimp. He didn't like the press coverage of him being bunkered the other night so he had to show us how tough he is.

And with "the base," this will work, let's not forget. He's not doing this for you, for us, it's for them.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 09:01 AM   #24149
miked
College Starter

Of course in 5 months all these GOP senators that are “concerned” and “troubled” will be licking his butthole on the campaign trail.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:19 AM   #24150
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Trump's campaign doesn't seem to understand that need need to persuade people that either didn't vote in 2016 or voted for Clinton to now vote for him. Ever greater base mobilization won't work.