Autumn
Head Coach

WEREWOLF Tribe: Daily Actions Due

Day Seven

Camp Status: Rudimentary shelter

Food Stores: No food stored

Equipment: Machete, cookpot.

Challenge: ?

Last edited by Autumn : 06-14-2010 at 10:06 PM.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:14 PM   #2
Autumn
Head Coach

Your tribe:

J23 - voted out Day 2
CrimsonFox - voted out Day 1
SnDvls
TheJackal - voted out Day 4
Greyroofoo - voted out Day 6
Racer
Danny

THE HOTHEAD

J23 is a guy that gets fired up about life, and especially about competition. In his regular life he may be a video store clerk, but he is clearly in Survivor to win and expects to give 110% out there every day. He looks ready to survive and ready to compete. Just don't get in his way.

THE STONER

CrimsonFox has been looking for something to do ever since Phish stopped touring. After applying to Survivor 15 straight times he's finally made the cut. Now that he's here, is he going to play to win or enjoy the beach?

THE SURGEON

SnDvls may not be a rocket scientist, but he is a brain surgeon. Here's a guy who doesn't need the money, but knows what it's like to be on top. We know he has the wits to play the game, but here on Survivor he'll be dealing with more than a scalpel.

THE HUNTER

The Jackal has been featured on the Outdoor Channel and in Hunting magazine for his exploits. Unfortunately for him, he can't bring his big game technology with him to the islands, and there's no production team helping him on this show. Does the hunter have what it takes to make it all on his own?

THE MODEL

Greyroofoo may be the first male model we've had in Survivor history. Depending on how he does, he may be the last. The men in the audience get their fill of eye candy every season, and now it's the ladies' turn. Will Greyroofoo turn out to be just a pretty face or will he find a way to be more than that?

THE ROADIE

Racer carried Eddie Van Halen's amp. What more do you need to know about this guy? He may not see much of the big outdoors from the blue bus, but we all know roadies can do it all. Will he stick around long enough to tell that story about Gene Simmons and the piranha?

THE NURSE

Danny knows how to perform in a high pressure environment, where juggling demanding people and delicate or strenuous work is a routine activity. A nurse has to be able to do a lot of things. But if we're lucky most of them won't happen on Survivor. Will Danny's grit be enough to get him to the finals?

Last edited by Autumn : 06-14-2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:14 PM   #3
Autumn
Head Coach

Feel free to post in here. Of course you should only read your own tribal thread.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:25 PM   #4
Autumn
Head Coach

DAY ONE BEGINS

Today begins your first day on the island. You have been separated from the other tribe, given your tribal flag and arm bands. Now here you are on the beach of a deserted island. You have been given a machete, a pot and enough canteens for everyone. The rest is up to you.

You currently have no shelter. You have no fire. You have no food. Your first task will be to decide how to spend your energies during the day.

DAILY EFFORT

Each player has three effort points to spend among the following actions. Choosing the same action multiple times is allowed. You have until 10:30 p.m. EST on Friday to send me a private message detailing how you will be spending your action points on day one.

Work on the camp site: This will help create shelter for the tribe, keeping them safe from shelter and preventing loss of health at night or during storms.

Forage for food: Each contestant of course must eat every day. Food gathered is put into a common pool and used to feed the tribe.

Secretly talk to other contestants: Spending effort in this area allows the player to send private messages to other contestants, three messages for each point of effort. Outside of this players are only allowed one private message per game day, and otherwise must not communicate about the game outside of the tribe thread. In this case the PM period will stretch from 10:30 p.m. on Friday until 10:30 p.m. on Monday.

Watch what another contestant is doing: If you wish to keep tabs on another contestant you may spend some effort to follow them, getting some information as to what actions they took during the same day.

Recuperate: This is the only way to restore health points that you have lost during the game.

Search for a hidden immunity idol: There is no indication that there exist any hidden idols, however there is a possibility that they will be a part of the game.

Miscellaneous action approved by the moderator: Feel free to contact the moderator about spending your effort points on something outside of this list.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:30 PM   #5
Poli
FOFC Survivor

First to post besides the mod.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:31 AM   #6
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

We've been given pot??? Far out dude! Whoa! I think I'm havin a trip right now! I see Trolls...
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:27 AM   #7
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I hope we kick the villagers' asses! Anyways, I think we should reveal our strengths and weaknesses that are relevant to camp life and the challenges. Doing so I think will help up do better as a tribe and hopefully go into the merge with the numbers. I'll go first.

I have excellent strength. I am good at swimming and staying calm. I really suck in regards to camp apparently.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:45 PM   #8
J23
College Benchwarmer

I'm excellent at food and good at camp.

How much of our PMs are we allowed to reveal? I know in most games it's not really allowed, so I thought I'd ask before sharing too much info.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:18 PM   #9
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I'm good at swimmin and gathering munchies too.
I'll help build shelter too as we need that so our munchies don't get wet.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:20 PM   #10
SnDvls
Pro Starter

for a brain surgen my skill set sucks. I'm pretty average in just about everything that is useful in Survivor except stamina.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 03:31 PM   #11
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I think building the shelter is probably the most important day one activity. Should I help with that despite being poor at camp or should I try to help gather food?

Also, does anyone have a pair of glasses (my PM didn't say anything about me having any). You can actually start a fire with a pair of glasses and tinder. If someone has a pair, it's an activity we could try to see if Autumn would approve because fire is pretty damn important.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:43 PM   #12
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I think building the shelter is probably the most important day one activity. Should I help with that despite being poor at camp or should I try to help gather food?

Also, does anyone have a pair of glasses (my PM didn't say anything about me having any). You can actually start a fire with a pair of glasses and tinder. If someone has a pair, it's an activity we could try to see if Autumn would approve because fire is pretty damn important.

I put in my actions as shelter and find food x 2
Old 06-04-2010, 05:50 PM   #13
Autumn
Head Coach

DAY ONE CHALLENGE

CHALLENGE DESCRIPTION

Welcome to your first challenge in Survivor. Today the two tribes meet for the first time. Up for grabs is not only immunity from Tribal Council, but a reward as well. The winner reaps the reward, the losers head to Tribal Council tonight.

For today's challenge you will be required to retrieve a burning torch from the middle of the bay, return it to your beach and light a signal fire with it. The winner gets to keep the fire burning on their beach. The loser goes home tonight without it.

There's a bit more to it than that though. In order to retrieve the torch you will need to construct a boat out of materials found in your camp and island: bamboo, vine, etc. Once your boat is built, four of you will row the boat out to the torch, grab the torch off of a rock as you row by, and return the boat to the beach.

Once the boat has returned, the other three tribe members must begin assembling a ladder out of puzzle pieces. When the ladder has been built, it will be placed against the signal tower. The entire tribe must climb the ladder and then the signal fire can be lit with the torch. The first tribe to light their fire wins.

You have until 4:30 p.m. EST on Monday to submit your actions in the challenge. Remember that each tribe member is responsible for relaying their own actions to me through private message. Plans made in thread can be a part of your plan as a tribe, but it will not substitute for the individual's private message.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:31 PM   #14
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I should be around now until 10:30 or so.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:32 PM   #15
Autumn
Head Coach

Daily Effort deadline is upon us. After 10:30 you can go ahead and feel free to use any of your allotment of private messages. Remember that these are the only messages you have available until 10:30 p.m. on Monday. One sent message per person, plus three per effort points spent on messaging. Also:

PLEASE INCLUDE ME ON ALL PRIVATE MESSAGES

So that i can keep track of the numbers, and also for my enjoyment.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:33 PM   #16
Autumn
Head Coach

Also, there are some who still haven't gotten their daily effort decisions in. I'm not going to be a stickler on this deadline since it's the start of the game, and things are still wacky. But please get those in to me as soon as you can.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:49 PM   #17
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Who's our puzzle experts? I stink at them. I volunteer to be one of the 4 boat rowers.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:56 PM   #18
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Who's our puzzle experts? I stink at them. I volunteer to be one of the 4 boat rowers.

I'm average at them. Is strength an important asset in rowing? If so I'm probably better off being a rower.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:07 PM   #19
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

I'm an expert at puzzles.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:55 PM   #20
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I have poor strength, but excellent stamina and good puzzles so I'll go for whatever the team decides to put me at.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:46 PM   #21
Danny
Head Coach

I will be better of doing puzzles myself and not one of the rowers.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:36 PM   #22
Racer
College Benchwarmer

So going off of what everyone has said so far:

Definitely/Probably:
Rowers: CrimsonFox, Racer
Puzzle: Greyroofoo & Danny

Maybe:
Puzzle: SnDvls (depending on Jackal's and J23's strengths)

Not Sure:
Rowers?: Jackal & J23 (both would have to be if SnDvls is the 3rd puzzle maker).
Old 06-05-2010, 10:43 PM   #23
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
So going off of what everyone has said so far:

Definitely/Probably:
Rowers: CrimsonFox, Racer
Puzzle: Greyroofoo & Danny

Maybe:
Puzzle: SnDvls (depending on Jackal's and J23's strengths)

Not Sure:
Rowers?: Jackal & J23 (both would have to be if SnDvls is the 3rd puzzle maker).

Maybe Autumn could help with this.

What do our attributes actually mean?

If someone has Excellent strength but poor stamina are they good at a short burst in an athletic competition or would it be better to have someone with a little weeker strength, but better in stamina?
Old 06-05-2010, 10:46 PM   #24
SnDvls
Pro Starter

our thread is lagging behind the villagers thread so I'm gonna just post this to up our post count and really freak them out.

I suggest others do this too by just posting a quick...."Post Count" hit whenever you visit....let's play some mind games with them early on
Old 06-05-2010, 10:46 PM   #25
SnDvls
Pro Starter

"Post Count"
Old 06-05-2010, 10:50 PM   #26
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
Maybe Autumn could help with this.

What do our attributes actually mean?

If someone has Excellent strength but poor stamina are they good at a short burst in an athletic competition or would it be better to have someone with a little weeker strength, but better in stamina?

I'm not going to reveal the nuts and bolts of the challenges to that depth, other than to say that different portions of different challenges will require a certain rating or combination of ratings. If you have questions particularly about what I mean by each rating, I'd be glad to answer those.

In this case Strength generally measures brute strength in terms of lifting or pushing or carrying something. Stamina generally means how long you can sustain a difficult activity.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:08 PM   #27
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I'm not going to reveal the nuts and bolts of the challenges to that depth, other than to say that different portions of different challenges will require a certain rating or combination of ratings. If you have questions particularly about what I mean by each rating, I'd be glad to answer those.

In this case Strength generally measures brute strength in terms of lifting or pushing or carrying something. Stamina generally means how long you can sustain a difficult activity.

ok so this might change our thinking on how/where we want to put people for the challenge.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:30 AM   #28
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
ok so this might change our thinking on how/where we want to put people for the challenge.

Yeah, agreed. I'm guessing endurance would play more of a role in rowing then? I have average endurance and I'm average at puzzles.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:46 AM   #29
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Also, if this closely resembles real life survivor, the teamwork rating may also play a large role in the puzzle aspect of the challenge, perhaps even 50/50 with puzzle ability.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:26 AM   #30
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

You'd think our Brain Surgeon (Sndvl) would be good at puzzles
Old 06-06-2010, 09:36 AM   #31
The Jackal
Coordinator

Should put me on food almost always. Not very good at puzzles.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:37 AM   #32
The Jackal
Coordinator

And yes, put me on rowing over the puzzle, for sure.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:26 AM   #33
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
You'd think our Brain Surgeon (Sndvl) would be good at puzzles

apparently I got by on my good looks and have some great malpractice insurance

I do have a pretty good "calm" rating...I think it's excellent.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:44 PM   #34
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Just to update on what people have said so far.

Rowers (need 4): CrimsonFox, The Jackal
Puzzles (need 3): Greyroofoo, Danny
not sure: SnDvls (excellent stamina & good puzzles), Racer (excellent strength, average endurance & puzzles), & J23 (?)
Old 06-06-2010, 02:21 PM   #35
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Worst case racer and I will row forcing j23 for puzzles with greyfoo at excellent I would guess we'll be fine
Old 06-06-2010, 05:47 PM   #36
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Anybody have any thoughts on whether or not we should have anyone put extra effort into the challenge and if so, how many people?

Also, if we do, do you guys think it would be better to have average people (like myself) put extra effort into the challenge or people really good at one of the two aspects of the challenge (like Greyroofoo)?

I think it would be really good if we could win this first challenge because it would give us fire. Putting in extra effort in this challenge certainly won't guarantee we'll win, but hopefully it would tilt the percentages in our favor.

Personally, I think it would be good if 2 or 3 people put in extra effort. As far as the second one goes, I think we basically have to guess how Autumn has set up the mechanics of the challenge.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:58 PM   #37
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post

You have until 4:30 p.m. EST on Monday to submit your actions in the challenge. Remember that each tribe member is responsible for relaying their own actions to me through private message. Plans made in thread can be a part of your plan as a tribe, but it will not substitute for the individual's private message.

I went ahead and submitted that I plan to be a rower in the challenge (I wanted to submit one in case I forget tomorrow). Hopefully I can change that if necessary. Don't forget guys to submit your actions to Autumn because the rules say it hurts our team's performance in challenges if anyone forgets.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:31 AM   #38
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Post count
Old 06-07-2010, 06:05 AM   #39
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I went ahead and submitted that I plan to be a rower in the challenge (I wanted to submit one in case I forget tomorrow). Hopefully I can change that if necessary. Don't forget guys to submit your actions to Autumn because the rules say it hurts our team's performance in challenges if anyone forgets.

I checked with Autumn and he said it's fine to send multiple actions regarding your challenge action and that the last one you send counts. So we can switch me or anyone else if need be.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:31 AM   #40
Danny
Head Coach

I sent mine in to do puzzles
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:17 AM   #41
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

I'll do puzzles,

also should we organize people for food and camp gathering?
Old 06-07-2010, 09:06 AM   #42
J23
College Benchwarmer

I'm good at puzzles, but only average strength and stamina, so I think I'd be better in the puzzle group
Old 06-07-2010, 09:07 AM   #43
SnDvls
Pro Starter

ok put in my action to do the rowing due to my stamina also said to put in extra effort too...this is a must win challenge today
Old 06-07-2010, 09:12 AM   #44
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

I already stated what I was doing for day 1 if anyone wants to join me that's cool.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:15 AM   #45
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
I'm good at puzzles, but only average strength and stamina, so I think I'd be better in the puzzle group

Go ahead and submit to Autum that you are doing puzzles then
Old 06-07-2010, 09:16 AM   #46
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'll do puzzles,

have you sent in the PM to Autumn already?
Old 06-07-2010, 09:20 AM   #47
J23
College Benchwarmer

So with our three points of effort to use for today, we can put them into the challenge instead of the other activities?

I gathered food the first day, and thinking of putting some towards the camp tonight.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:24 AM   #48
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
So with our three points of effort to use for today, we can put them into the challenge instead of the other activities?

I gathered food the first day, and thinking of putting some towards the camp tonight.

J23, the points you guys have already submitted essentially are for this, day one. Your points you choose tonight will determine what you spend day two (tomorrow) doing.

The challenge is totally separate from these activities. You don't need to spend points on it, but you do need to send in your actions during the challenge to me. You also always have the choice of dogging the challenge (putting in less effort) or putting in extra effort (with the increased chance that you will tire yourself out or injure yourself).
Old 06-07-2010, 09:29 AM   #49
J23
College Benchwarmer

Ah, gotcha. I forgot about the extra effort/chance of injury bit.

Submitting for the puzzle portion of the challenge now.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:13 AM   #50
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Submitted Rowers (need 4): SnDvls, Racer
Yet to be Submitted Rowers:CrimsonFox, The Jackal
Submitted Puzzles (need 3): Danny, J23
Yet to be Submitted Puzzles: Greyroofoo