Old 06-09-2010, 09:52 PM   #251
Thomkal
Head Coach

heh hoops
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:54 PM   #252
Autumn
Head Coach

After dominating challenges early, you guys were behind all day today. What do you think happened out there?

So are there alliances out there or is everybody voting to help the tribe out?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:59 PM   #253
hoopsguy
General Manager

We underestimated the importance of a cool head directing traffic.

Beyond that, having me sit out a challenge is never a good idea.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:59 PM   #254
Autumn
Head Coach

All right, the votes have been cast. If anybody has an immunity idol that they'd wish to play, now is the time.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:59 PM   #255
Thomkal
Head Coach

I think we got shook up when we had to make a last second substiution and we lost focus.

I'm pretty sure there are alliances out there from all the chatter around camp.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:01 PM   #256
Autumn
Head Coach

Let's read the votes.

The first vote is for:

EagleFan
Old 06-09-2010, 10:01 PM   #257
Thomkal
Head Coach

<---makes sure he holds the piece of paper with the name on it high enough for the camera to see the name while explaining why I'm voting that person off.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:02 PM   #258
Autumn
Head Coach

The second vote is for:

EagleFan
Old 06-09-2010, 10:02 PM   #259
Autumn
Head Coach

The third vote is for:

Heybrad

That's 2 votes EagleFan, 1 vote Heybrad
Old 06-09-2010, 10:03 PM   #260
Autumn
Head Coach

The fourth vote is for:
Darth Vilus

It seems to be in his own handwriting, that's odd.

That's 2 votes Eagle Fan, 1 vote heybrad, 1 vote Darth Vilus
Old 06-09-2010, 10:03 PM   #261
Autumn
Head Coach

The fifth vote is for:

EagleFan

That's 3 votes EagleFan now.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:04 PM   #262
Autumn
Head Coach

The sixth vote, and the third person voted off of Survivor: Islands of FOFC, is EagleFan.

EagleFan, come put out your torch. The tribe has spoken.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:04 PM   #263
Thomkal
Head Coach

hmmm I take it Darth didn't vote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:04 PM   #264
Thomkal
Head Coach

Sorry EF!
Old 06-09-2010, 10:39 PM   #265
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

yeah i forgot to put in a conditional vote in my PM when i left today. Was sort of rushed and must have overlooked it, sorry guys. Tomorrow will be better :-)

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:39 PM   #266
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

do w know wh's going to exile island yet?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-09-2010, 10:40 PM   #267
Autumn
Head Coach

As you return from tribal council, a boat is waiting. Heybrad is told to put his things away and then come with them, to Exile Island.

Heybrad will return to camp for the challenge tomorrow.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:42 PM   #268
heybrad
Norm!!!

Sending an old man?

Does that mean I can't post in this thread until I'm back?
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:46 PM   #269
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad View Post
Sending an old man?

Does that mean I can't post in this thread until I'm back?

That's right, heybrad. I sent a PM with the other details.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:59 PM   #270
Autumn
Head Coach

DAY FOUR CHALLENGE

Day four on FOFC Island. Are you ready for another challenge? Up for grab today is again the immunity idol. Winner will go back to camp, loser will go to Tribal Council.

Today's challenge is an obstacle course. You will need runners to cross a course set out over the water. The course includes stepping stones suspended by rope, rolling barrels, a balance beam, a floating bridge and a net ladder. At the opposite end of the course you will find flags in your tribe colors. You must retrieve the flag and return it back over the same course.

It won't be that easy, however. While you are attempting to cross the course, members of the other tribe will be attempting to knock you into the water. They will have these large sandbags on ropes, which they will attempt to swing and hit the runners with. Any runner knocked into the water, or who falls into the water while crossing, must swim back to the start.

Each team will pick two people to swing bags at the other team, and three runners. The runners will take turns attempting to retrieve flags, one at a time. The first team to retrieve five flags will win the challenge, and immunity.

The Villagers tribe will need to sit out one contestant. You may not sit out the same contestant twice in a row.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:07 PM   #271
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I'm avg in both so i think i should either sit out or be a bag swinger if someone is worse than me. I'll discuss it more with u guys tomorrow, i'm going to hit the hay now cuz i had a horrible day. Night all

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-10-2010, 06:41 AM   #272
Thomkal
Head Coach

Interesting choice in heybrad there-not who I would have expected.

Wild challenge today, two different skill sets needed for each role I think. For the swingers you will need Aim for sure, maybe strength?

For the runners-Running obviously, Swimming too could come into play, Stamina would be good.
Here's how I rank in these:
Aim: Good
Strength: Good
Runnning: Average
Swimming: Average

Maybe our throwers should try to taunt the other tribe's throwers/runners to try to distract them, make them lose focus?
Old 06-10-2010, 06:46 AM   #273
Thomkal
Head Coach

Who do we sit out for this one? Heybrad won't be back until right before the challenge, and we probably will know nothing about the kind of condition he is in.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:42 AM   #274
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm guessing they sent HeyBrad figuring that the old guy would have the hardest time surviving if he got stuck on the island.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:44 AM   #275
hoopsguy
General Manager

In terms of skills for today, my prolific strength is offset by mediocre Aim. If i hit them, they are falling but it is no sure thing that I'll connect.

And while I'm a pretty good runner I'm not as good in the water. We'll see how the rest of us measure up, but I'm probably a little better suited for throwing than evading.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:46 AM   #276
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I have good strength and aim, and just average running and swimming. I'll probably make a better thrower here.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:16 AM   #277
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad View Post
Sorry... it's been a busy morning.

Here are my ratings in the skills we seem to need for this challenge.

Find-Average
Running-Poor
Scrappy-Good
Stamina -Average
Strength-Average
Teamwork-Excellent

Here's an earlier post from our friendly geezer. If running is required, he's not the right guy. Maybe we ask him to throw, but it is hard to predict what his skills there will be.

I am average at everthing involved except scrappy. I am without scrap.

Hoops, you are our only good runner. I think you should run. I question whether swimming is a factor -- once you go into the water, you're out and someone else runs. I think an average swimmer is probably enough to get back to the beginning.

I wonder if Scrappy will be relevant. I certainly think stamina will be towards the end for the runners. 5 flags seems like a lot.

Current recommended list:
Runners:
Hoops
Thomkal (I know you are scrappy and I think you have good stamina)
Chesapeake (?)

Throwers:
Maple Leafs
Darth/heybrad

An argument can certainly be made to put Thom at a throwing position; but my only worry is that would give us only one guy who has credible offensive ability.

Thoughts on using extra effort today?
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:51 AM   #278
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Let's go guys!
Old 06-10-2010, 09:51 AM   #279
hoopsguy
General Manager

Will do, Scrappy and Stamina are also strong suits for me. So if we imagine they are coming into play then go ahead and have me run.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:06 AM   #280
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'm guessing they sent HeyBrad figuring that the old guy would have the hardest time surviving if he got stuck on the island.

Also I think they sent him because they think he's got the weakest set of stats and hoped he find the immunity idol to keep him on our tribe longer. Little do they know the old man has some mad skillz.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:10 AM   #281
Thomkal
Head Coach

If a couple other of you have Good or better in Aim, then I think I should be a runner. But Aim is really the key stat for this challenge, at least from the throwing perspective. Putting extra effort into Good Aim could result in knocking a lot of their guys into the water.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:14 AM   #282
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
Thoughts on using extra effort today?
I'll do extra effort. I rested recently so my health is OK.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:15 AM   #283
Thomkal
Head Coach

I'm guessing we are all at pretty close to max health right now if not outright max-extra effort from all of us could be a good choice here. Losing EagleFan was OK due to his availability, but we really don't want to lose two in a row and thus a more active player.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:21 AM   #284
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm willing to put forth some extra effort for today's challenge.

I'm not sure what kind of language to put into the order. My initial thought is to be somewhat deliberate to avoid falling in and to try and avoid direct hits from swinging bags. I'm hoping that I'm strong enough to survive a glancing blow. If I'm rushing for max speed I'm more likely to fall and have to swim, which isn't my forte.

Does this make sense? I haven't seen the show, but comments have suggested this is one that has been on the TV show so maybe people who are familiar with that can provide feedback/guidance?
Old 06-10-2010, 10:29 AM   #285
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
If a couple other of you have Good or better in Aim, then I think I should be a runner. But Aim is really the key stat for this challenge, at least from the throwing perspective. Putting extra effort into Good Aim could result in knocking a lot of their guys into the water.

It could, yes. My worry is that our runners stink, other than Hoops. We can knock a bunch of their guys into the drink, but if we never get a flag, we aren't going to win. My feeling is that if 1/2 throwers is good and 2/3 runners are good, that gives us the best shot at winning.

Ultimately, I worry that Darth and I (since heybrad can barely run, I think he'd be a poor choice here) aren't going to be able to get it done, no matter how hard we try.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:35 AM   #286
Thomkal
Head Coach

Hey Darth, when you wake up, what's your Aim skill like? Not sure from your post above-is it Average?
Old 06-10-2010, 10:42 AM   #287
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'm willing to put forth some extra effort for today's challenge.

I'm not sure what kind of language to put into the order. My initial thought is to be somewhat deliberate to avoid falling in and to try and avoid direct hits from swinging bags. I'm hoping that I'm strong enough to survive a glancing blow. If I'm rushing for max speed I'm more likely to fall and have to swim, which isn't my forte.

Does this make sense? I haven't seen the show, but comments have suggested this is one that has been on the TV show so maybe people who are familiar with that can provide feedback/guidance?

I've seen this challenge on Survivor before and a variety of approachs work-a small, quick, agile player just bursts through each obstacle before the throwers can get a bead on them. A big bruiser type just basically ignoring the bag/catching it. You should have some experience with people trying to knock you over and how to prevent it from your wrestling days Hoops. Trying to fake the throwers out with head fakes, false steps, etc. Getting them to throw a lot could tire them out.

I think we should consider taunting them. Getting them to lose their calm and focus.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:57 AM   #288
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
I've seen this challenge on Survivor before and a variety of approachs work-a small, quick, agile player just bursts through each obstacle before the throwers can get a bead on them. A big bruiser type just basically ignoring the bag/catching it. You should have some experience with people trying to knock you over and how to prevent it from your wrestling days Hoops. Trying to fake the throwers out with head fakes, false steps, etc. Getting them to throw a lot could tire them out.

I think we should consider taunting them. Getting them to lose their calm and focus.

That's very helpful, Thomkal. I'm going to have to rely on my head on this. I've got good calm, so if I keep centered and try to entice them to throw when I can best respond, I have a shot here.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:57 AM   #289
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Dear Villagers,

While you were away in Survivor, The BIG XII ate it.

Your friend,

Poli
Old 06-10-2010, 12:16 PM   #290
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Dear Villagers,

While you were away in Survivor, The BIG XII ate it.

Your friend,

Poli

Yeah, right. Next thing you're going to tell me is that the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup. Get lost, Poli!
Old 06-10-2010, 12:46 PM   #291
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, working on order PM here ... likely going to have to send it now, may update later if there is feedback in the thread that requires a change.

"Hoopsguy will be a runner, although not exactly sprinting towards the bags. I'll take a deliberate/steady pace, with an emphasis on secure footing. My other goal with the slower pace is to mitigate the sandbag attacks through dodging or taking glancing blows that won't be able to dislodge me from my position. Finally, I'll put extra effort into this one to try and secure us a win."
Old 06-10-2010, 12:53 PM   #292
chesapeake
College Starter

List as it stands:
Runners
Chesapeake
Hoops
Thomkal (?what did you decide?)

Throwers
Maple Leafs
Darth/heybrad

Is Darth around? Both of these guys have excellent teamwork, and I am not sure if either is an improvement at thrower over the other.

One thrower idea: use your teamwork to try and time your throws to maximize effect. Darth or heybrad throws to force the wolf into a spot that makes it easier for Maple Leafs, who has good aim, to hit.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:02 PM   #293
hoopsguy
General Manager

Heybrad is at the island, so not an option.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:05 PM   #294
chesapeake
College Starter

I thought we decided he would be back just before the challenge. Autumn implied as much when he said we aould have to sit someone.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:05 PM   #295
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Heybrad will return to camp for the challenge tomorrow.

he will be back.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:15 PM   #296
Autumn
Head Coach

Yes, Heybrad will be back just in time for the challenge. If you want him to participate, I will accept orders from one of you as to what he will do.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:00 PM   #297
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
List as it stands:
Runners
Chesapeake
Hoops
Thomkal (?what did you decide?)

Throwers
Maple Leafs
Darth/heybrad

Is Darth around? Both of these guys have excellent teamwork, and I am not sure if either is an improvement at thrower over the other.

One thrower idea: use your teamwork to try and time your throws to maximize effect. Darth or heybrad throws to force the wolf into a spot that makes it easier for Maple Leafs, who has good aim, to hit.

I'm waiting to hear back from Darth on what his Aim skill is. If its Poor we don't want him throwing the bags.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:03 PM   #298
Thomkal
Head Coach

Your idea for the Throwers is good I think Chesa, but I think the throwers are going to be at seperate areas of the course, so may not be able to coordinate that. Maybe Autumn can confirm that?
Old 06-10-2010, 02:24 PM   #299
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Your idea for the Throwers is good I think Chesa, but I think the throwers are going to be at seperate areas of the course, so may not be able to coordinate that. Maybe Autumn can confirm that?

They are at separate parts, though the course is not all that long. They certainly could communicate, but their bags are unlikely to interact.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:26 PM   #300
Thomkal
Head Coach

Going to have to decide by 4pm which role I'm taking. I will do whichever one you want me to do Chesapeake