Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-02-2011, 01:36 PM   #1
Grover
Pro Starter

FM12 - Come On You Irons!

Come On You Irons!

Premise: My goal is first and foremost to get West Ham United back into the Premier League where they rightfully belong. After an absolutely brutal 2010-11 season, the Hammers find themselves in England's second tier, the npower Championship. Predicted to win the league, it may not be the greatest challenge at the outset, but as my favourite team, this is where I'll be starting.

West Ham United: A Background
Founded in 1985, West Ham United are a professional English club currently playing in the npower Championship. The club play their home games at the historic Boleyn Ground and possess good training facilities and boast an excellent youth facility, which is also known worldwide as the 'Academy of Football.' The West Ham reserves play their matches at Woodside Park. The club also has good junior coaching and a well established youth recruitment network. The club is affectionately known as The Hammers or The Irons. Supporters can be heard singing 'Forever Blowing Bubbles' during matches and the club retains fierce rivalries with London clubs Tottenham Hotspur, Millwall and Chelsea.

The club enjoyed their best spell of success during the 1960s and have not won a competition since 1981. However, West Ham have a history of which they can be justly proud. They won the Cup Winners Cup in 1965, won the prestigious FA Cup in 1964, 1975 and 1980 andwon the English second tier in 1958 and 1981.

Recent times have been tough however, with the Hammers narrowly avoiding administration when Norwegian ownership was hit hard by the financial crisis of 2008. The club had invested in a number of high profile transfers that did not pan out, ballooning the wage bill with injured players past their best. The club was rescued when bought by lifelong supporters Davids Gold and Sullivan, who have repeatedly vowed that they will turn the club around and bring about a golden age for West Ham United football.

West Ham United: Staff

West Ham United: First Team

West Ham United: Reserve Team

West Ham United: U18 Team

Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:13 PM   #2
Grover
Pro Starter

05/07/2011 – News
Kafka Takes West Ham Job

Sky Sports News has reported that little known German manager Otto Kafka has agreed to take over the reins at Upton Park, becoming West Ham United's newest manager following the sacking of Avram Grant. Kafka takes the job with the expectation from the board that the club will bounce back to the Premier League immediately or risk being sacked himself. While West Ham supporters weren't keen on the club potentially hiring 'Big' Sam Allardyce, the appointment of the unknown German has raised more than a few eyebrows.

Will Otto Kafka be able to exceed in a foreign country with the weight of one of England's most prestigious clubs on his shoulders? Only time will tell.

Hammers Loan Situation
West Ham currently has a number of players on loan from elsewhere, and has loaned players of their own out as well.

Currently at the club from elsewhere:
DL George McCartney (Sunderland), MR David Bentley (Tottenham), MC Henri Lansbury (Arsenal) and ST Brian Montenegro (Tacuary).

Currently serving with other clubs:
ST Ahmed Abdulla (Swindon), DC Jordan Spence (Bristol City) and AMR Pabo Barrera (Zaragoza)

Kafka has said that he will consider looking at the players with the team on loan and take salary, as well as performance into consideration of keeping them for the season. As it stands, David Bentley is on

West Ham United Depth Chart

Season Expectations

The Sun reports that Davids Gold and Sullivan are expecting nothing less than the npower Championship from new manager Otto Kafka's squad. They are also reporting that the new manager will have a transfer war-chest of around £5m at his disposal, as well as a payroll budget of £550,000 per week. The Sun estimates that the club is currently spending £499,677 per week currently.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:56 PM   #3
Grover
Pro Starter

06/07/11 – News
Bentley, McCartney and Montenegro Sent Packing

West Ham United manager Otto Kafka has already begun trimming the fat from his large squad. Just one day on it and he has sent forward Brian Montenegro back to Tacuary without him having ever played in a match. Winger David Bentley has also been told to return to Tottenham, as the German will not require his services. Fullback George McCartney has also been sent back to Sunderland. The three moves will save the club an estimated £76,000 per week in salary.

Pundits across London are predicting that West Ham will roll out with a 4-3-3 in the upcoming season due to the strength in depth at central midfield and along the attacking front. Bentley's loan termination is certainly a potential precursor of this becoming a reality. West Ham supporters have been craving a return to attacking football for sometime. Gianfranco Zola and Avram Grant, Kafka's predecessors failed to provide the entertainment that the Boleyn Ground's support desires.

Newcastle Trailing Tomkins
Sky Sports understands that Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has lodged a £3.1m transfer bid for West Ham central defender James Tomkins. The bid was rejected immediately, with Kafka telling his managerial counterpart that the defender was an important first team player at the Boleyn Ground and would not be leaving for any amount.

With the rejection of Newcastle's bid, West Ham has declared a hands-off warning on the player.

Valencia In For Faubert
Another sign that Kafka is serious about going to a 4-3-3 formation has emerged, with the club accepting a £1.8m bid for right midfielder Julien Faubert from Spanish side Valencia. Faubert has struggled to make an impact at West Ham since he was originally signed, spending time on loan at Real Madrid in 2008-2009. He made a £6m move to Upton Park in 2007 under the Norwegian regime. The club seems to be willing to take a big loss on the player in order to clear his £31,000 per week salary from the books.

Interest in the Frenchman is high, with Blackburn, Bolton and Stoke also said to be interested in acquiring the player.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:12 PM   #4
Grover
Pro Starter

07/07/11 – News
Hammers Prove Tomkins Love

West Ham United and James Tomkins have already put to rest any thought of him moving on as the player signed a new four year contract worth £4m. Tomkins has already made 60 appearances in a West Ham shirt and is held in high regard by the coaching staff.

09/07/11 – Player Signing
Hammers Snap Up Wilson

West Ham United have secured the signing of Liverpool central defender Danny Wilson on a year long loan. Wilson, who made just two appearances for Liverpool last season after his move from Scottish club Rangers is relishing the opportunity that has been afforded him by Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish. The defender is believed to have a bright future ahead of him at Anfield and has said that he is looking forward to gaining much needed first team experience.

10/07/11 – News
Gillingham Sign Montano

Gillingham have made a loan offer for West Ham's Christian Montano, which has been accepted. The young Colombian forward will join the League 2 club for six months. Management at Gillingham believes the player will become a valuable member of the first-team and West Ham is keen to let the striker get some much needed playing time.

Faubert Rejects Valencia
Julien Faubert has dismissed Valencia's contract offer as unacceptable and insulting, declaring that he will not sign for such 'risible basic pay.'
Old 11-02-2011, 03:39 PM   #5
Grover
Pro Starter

12/07/11 – Friendly
West Ham United 0 – 0 CF Monterrey

Demel Knocked
Fullback Guy Demel has suffered a bruised rib after a late tackle during the match with Monterrey. The Ivorian is expected to miss around a week while being treated for the injury. Demel is a new addition to West Ham, having joined in June from German side Hamburger SV.

15/07/11 – Staff Signings
Kafka Adds Staff, Scouts

Otto Kafka has moved to fortify his scouting and coaching staff by signing former Everton and Fulham youth coach John Murtough as a general coach. The German has also added English scouts Jack Champman, Paul Montgomery and Steve Nickson, as well as German scout Erich Beer.

16/07/11 – Friendly, Staff Signing
Newtown AFC 1 – 2 West Ham United

Kafka Adds Fitness Team
When Otto Kafka arrived at West Ham, he noticed there were no fitness coaches or experts to be found. This has now changed with the German agreeing to terms with Englishmen Paul Winsper and Adrian Lamb. The two coaches will focus on the strength and conditioning of the players.

17/07/11 – News
Season Ticket Update

West Ham United have announced the latest figure from ongoing season ticket sales. As of this update, the club has sold 18,109 tickets for the upcoming season. The board expects to sell another 5,700 to bring the total to near 23,800.

18/07/11 – Friendly, News
Carmarthen Town 0 – 3 West Ham United

Lee Turns Professional
Young striker Elliot Lee has signed his first professional contract, a three year deal with the club. Lee is a pacy forward with good potential, but is expected to spend most of the season with the U18 squad.

Laudrup Completes Staff
Otto Kafka has declared his coaching staff complete after signing Danish coach Brian Laudrup. The coach had been out of work since leaving Danish club Lyngby II when his contract expired.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:06 PM   #6
Grover
Pro Starter

21/07/11 – Player Signing
Hammers Sign Greek Youngster

West Ham have completed the signing of Panserraikos' nineteen year old Greek central midfielder Dimitris Anakoglou for a fee of £240,000. Anakoglou started his career at Municipal Ground of Serres, making 41 appearances over three seasons before the move today. The player himself has said that he can't wait to break into the first team and though he doesn't expect to play right away, he will work hard to get there.

22/07/11 – Friendly
Huddersfield Town 0 – 4 West Ham United

Sears Injured
Winger / Forward Freddie Sears has suffered a twisted knee after twisting sharply during the match against Huddersfield. Is is likely that the player will miss 2-3 weeks while recovering.

23/07/11 – News
Birmingham After Collison

Birmingham boss Chris Hughton has stated a desire in bringing West Ham midfielder Jack Collison to St. Andrews, but Otto Kafka has issued a hands off warning in response. Collison is seen as an integral part to West Ham's season and the youngster will not be allowed to leave under Kafka's watch.

24/07/11 – News
Season Ticket Update

West Ham United have announced the latest figure from ongoing season ticket sales. As of this update, the club has sold 22,000 tickets for the upcoming season. The board is expecting to sell another 1,800 as the season approaches.

28/07/11 – Friendly
West Ham United 1 – 1 Granada C.F.

Last edited by Grover : 11-02-2011 at 04:07 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:29 PM   #7
Grover
Pro Starter

29/07/11 – News
West Ham Draw Southend

West Ham United will face Southend United in the Carling Cup first round. The match will be played at The Boleyn Ground on 10th August, 2011.

30/07/11 – Player Signing
Hammers Add Aldrete

West Ham United have signed 23 year old Mexican left-back Adriαn Aldrete from Morelia for £2m. Aldrete made 153 appearances for Morelia during the 7 years he spent at Estadio Morelos. The player is expected to provide competition at left-back for incumbent Herita Ilunga, pushing him for a starting spot.

03/08/11 – News
Dag & Red Acquire Lee

West Ham's Oliver Lee has joined Dag & Red on loan for 5 months. The management team at Dag & Red sees Lee as a valuable first team member while he's with the club and West Ham will see the player gain development through playing time.

05/08/11 – News
Fanimo to Macclesfield

West Ham's Matthias Fanimo has agreed a deal with Macclesfield and will join the club on a 5 month loan.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:00 PM   #8
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Always love reading the FM dynasties. Thought about getting the demo, but I don't like having Steam on my computer so I kind of pass on it. Don't have a lot of time to get into anything else anyways. What are some of the major changes that make FM 12 better than 11? I'm still partial to WWSM 07, it was by far the funnest to me.
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:01 PM   #9
Grover
Pro Starter

06/08/11 – npower Championship Match Day #1
Coventry City 1 – 3 West Ham United

Goals: Coventry: Jutkiewicz (7) West Ham: Carew (pen 41, 90+3), Faye (61)
Shots/On Target: Coventry 9/4, West Ham 16/8
Possession: Coventry 52/48
Man of the Match: John Carew

Form: Green 6.8, Demel 7.2, Faye 7.7, Tomkins 7.3, Ilunga 6.8, Lansbury 8.1, Nolan (off 65') 6.7, Collison 6.8, Baldock 7.7, Cole 6.2, Carew 8.6, Noble (on 65') 6.8

08/08/11 – News
Sears Back

Freddie Sears has returned to full training following recovery from his twisted knee.

09/08/11 – Awards
Lansbury Named

West Ham midfielder Henri Lansbury has been selected to the npower Championship Team of the Week first eleven.

Last edited by Grover : 11-02-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:26 PM   #10
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegesportsfanms View Post
Always love reading the FM dynasties. Thought about getting the demo, but I don't like having Steam on my computer so I kind of pass on it. Don't have a lot of time to get into anything else anyways. What are some of the major changes that make FM 12 better than 11? I'm still partial to WWSM 07, it was by far the funnest to me.

The addition of a true depth chart is a huge addition, they've expanded player talks and pre-match, half-time and post-match pep talks to run a gamut of emotions from Assertive to Calm. They've completely revamped the search feature making it much, much easier to find players. They've refined the agents a bit more as well, though I haven't played around enough to get too deep into that side of it. Scouting reports now tell you not only a player's best position, but their best role in that position as well, which I find fantastic.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:32 PM   #11
Grover
Pro Starter

10/08/11 – Carling Cup (first round)
West Ham United 3 – 0 Southend United

Goals: West Ham: Noble (pen 13), Faye (20, 48)
Shots/On Target: West Ham 19/5, Southend 4/1
Possession: West Ham 69/31
Cautions: Southend: Timlin (Y 68)
Man of the Match: Abdoulaye Faye

Form: Boffin 7.3, Faubert (off 83') 7.3, Faye 9.3, Tomkins 7.4, Aldrete 7.3, Noble (off 45') 8.0, Diop 7.2, Nolan 6.9, Baldock 7.9, Cole 6.8, Piquionne 6.8, Wearen (on 45) 6.6

Notes:
- With a number of players on international duty, a number of different players were drafted in to the starting XI.
- Mark Noble picked up a knock just before halftime and was subbed out for Eoin Wearen.
- Julien Faubert was injured on 83' and was replaced by Matty Taylor.
- Abdoulaye Faye (DC) has 3 goals in his first 2 appearances.

Carling Cup Draw
West Ham United will travel to Colchester United for the Carling Cup second round. The League 1 side will host the Hammers at Weston Homes Community Stadium on 23rd August, 2011.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:37 PM   #12
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Thanks for the updates. Sounds like I could at least check out the demo. I wish I had more time. The only thing that really bugs me is Steam. My computer tech absolutely hates Steam and every time he finds it on my computer I have to deal with a lecture. lol, I've never had a problem with it, but he says it takes over your computer and you can't do anything else while steam is running. What is your experience with it, since that is the only way to get the game now?
Old 11-02-2011, 05:40 PM   #13
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Thanks for the updates. Sounds like I could at least check out the demo. I wish I had more time. The only thing that really bugs me is Steam. My computer tech absolutely hates Steam and every time he finds it on my computer I have to deal with a lecture. lol, I've never had a problem with it, but he says it takes over your computer and you can't do anything else while steam is running. What is your experience with it, since that is the only way to get the game now?

I've never had any issues with Steam on any of my machines.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:44 PM   #14
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

so would you suggest trying to find time to download the demo and check it out? I really do wanan check it out
Old 11-02-2011, 05:58 PM   #15
Grover
Pro Starter

Absolutely! If you don't like the demo or steam, you can always just uninstall both!
Old 11-02-2011, 06:32 PM   #16
Grover
Pro Starter

13/08/11 – npower Championship Match Day #2
West Ham United 2 – 0 Crystal Palace

Goals: West Ham: Carew (31), Piquionne (73)
Shots/On Target: West Ham 17/6, Palace 9/3
Possession: West Ham 52/48
Cautions: West Ham: Piquionne (Y 38'), Reid (Y 40') Palace: Murray (Y 39'), Ramage (Y 65'), Jedinak (Y 82')
Man of the Match: Herita Ilunga

Form: Green 6.8, Reid 7.3, Wilson 6.9, Tomkins 7.2, Ilunga 7.5, Noble (off 61) 6.8, Collison 6.9, Lansbury (off 61) 7.1, Piquionne 7.4, Cole 6.8, Carew 7.3, Nolan (on 61) 5.7, Anakoglou (on 61) 6.6

Notes:
- Lansbury subbed off for Anakoglou because of a knock on 61'
- Noble subbed off for Nolan because of fatigue on 61'

Lansbury Injury
Henri Lansbury has sustained a damaged elbow after landing on it heavily during the match with Crystal Palace. The central midfielder is expected to miss up to two weeks while he is treated.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:45 PM   #17
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I'm agree that Steam works fine for me too. Good to see FM12 in the flesh, I always wait a bit before plunging on new versions, but this looks great so far and you've hit the dynasty forum with a flourish. Great stuff.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:12 PM   #18
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
I'm agree that Steam works fine for me too. Good to see FM12 in the flesh, I always wait a bit before plunging on new versions, but this looks great so far and you've hit the dynasty forum with a flourish. Great stuff.

Thanks!
Old 11-02-2011, 07:14 PM   #19
Grover
Pro Starter

16/08/11 – npower Championship Match Day #3
Millwall 0 – 3 West Ham United

Goals: West Ham: Baldock (35), Tomkins (44), Collison (50)
Shots/On Target: Millwall 13/3, West Ham 16/8
Possession: Millwall 54/46
Cautions: Millwall: Purse (Y 74) West Ham: Aldrete (Y 58), Nolan (Y 64)
Man of the Match: James Tomkins

Form: Green 6.8, Demel 8.0, Faye 7.9, Tomkins 8.7, Aldrete 7.2, Noble 7.1, Collison 8.0, Nolan 8.3, Baldock 7.9, Cole 6.3, Carew 7.4

Notes:
- Sam Baldock's 35th minute goal was his first as a West Ham player.

18/08/11 – FIFA Rankings
1. Holland
2. Spain
3. Germany
4. England
5. Uruguay
6. Italy
7. Brazil
8. Portugal
9. Argentina
10. Croatia
Old 11-02-2011, 07:45 PM   #20
Grover
Pro Starter

20/08/11 – npower Championship Match Day #4
West Ham United 1 – 1 Brighton & Hove Albion
Goals:
West Ham: Carew (pen 57) Brighton: Faye (o.g. 3)
Shots/On Target: West Ham 7/4, Brighton 6/1
Cautions: West Ham: Diop (Y 18), Reid (Y 86) Brighton: Routis (R 56)

Form: Green 6.7, Reid 6.8, Faye 6.6, Wilson 6.6, Ilunga 7.1, Noble 6.6, Diop 6.8, Anakoglou 6.8, Baldock 6.6, Cole 6.8, Carew 6.7

Notes:
- Carlton Cole had a goal ruled offside (12')
- Brighton's Routis was sent off for pulling Sam Baldock down in front of goal.

23/08/11 – Awards
Trio Named

James Tomkins, Kevin Nolan and Jack collison were selected to the npower Championship Team of the Week first eleven.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:40 PM   #21
rlmayer32
n00b

Quote:

He really said that? I know some people are paranoid about it but that is, just wow.
rlmayer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:42 PM   #22
rlmayer32
n00b

Great start Grover. Look forward to following along.
rlmayer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:46 PM   #23
Comey
College Starter

Justin is a fantastic writer, and I'm glad to see he's taken off here. Keep it up, brother.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:46 PM   #24
Grover
Pro Starter

23/08/11 – Carling Cup (second round)
Colchester United 1 – 4 West Ham United
Goals:
Colchester: Okuonghae (13) West Ham: Carew (19), Piquionne (35), Faubert (42), Faye (84)
Shots/On Target: Colchester 7/3, West Ham 14/8
Possession: West Ham 53/47
Cautions: Colchester: Vincent (28)
Man of the Match: Papa Bouba Diop

Form: Green 7.3, Faubert 8.5, Faye 7.9, Tomkins 7.2, Aldrete 7.0, Nolan (off 70) 6.9, Diop 8.6, Anakoglou 7.6, Baldock 7.0, Piquionne 7.7, Carew 7.7, Noble (on 70) 6.9

Notes:
Nolan injured (70), replaced by Noble.

Nolan Injury
Kevin Nolan sustained a dead leg following his collision with Kem Izzet during the match with Colchester. The captain is expected to miss at most four days with the injury.

24/08/11 – Player Signing
Hammers Snap Up Macheda

West Ham United have secured the loan signing of Manchester United's Federico Macheda. The young Italian will join the Championship club for the rest of the season.

25/08/11 – News
Lansbury Back

Henri Lansbury has returned to full training after missing 12 days with a damaged elbow.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:31 PM   #25
Grover
Pro Starter

27/08/11 – npower Championship Match Day #5
Birmingham City 0 – 3 West Ham United
Goals:
West Ham: Faye (16), Baldock (49), Collison (86)
Shots/On Target: Brum 9/2, West ham 13/4
Possession: West Ham 56/44
Cautions: West Ham: Carew (Y 25)
Man of the Match: Dimitris Anakoglou

Form: Green 6.9, Demel 7.8, Faye 8.5, Tomkins 7.7, Ilunga 7.5, Noble 7.7, Collison 7.8, Anakoglou 8.5, Baldock 7.7, Macheda 6.9, Carew 7.1

Carling Cup Draw
West Ham United will travel to the Madejski Stadium to take on Reading in the Carling Cup third round. The match will be played on 20th September 2011.

Four Called Up
For international matches on 2nd and 6th September.
Robert Green (England), John Carew (Norway), Jack Collison (Wales), Jordan Spence (England U21)

31/08/11 – Awards, News
Duo Named

Abdoulaye Faye and Dimitris Anakoglou were selected to the npower Championship Team of the Week first eleven.

Two Called Up
For international matches on 6th September.
Marek Stech (Czech Republic U21), Dimitris Anakoglou (Greece U21)
Old 11-02-2011, 09:56 PM   #26
Grover
Pro Starter

01/09/11 – August In Review
Training Report

Frank Nouble (strength), Sam Cowler (strength) and Sergio Sanchez (aerobic) have been impressing Paul Winsper and Adrian Lamb on the training field, although there have been concerns about the progress of Abdoulaye Faye (strength).

Among the youth players, Danny Potts (tactics), Robert Hall (aerobic) and George Moncur (strength) have been impressing Neil McDonald and Alex Gibson, although there have been concerns about the progress of Dylan Tombides (ball control) and Blair Turgott (defending).

Board Confidence
To summarize, the board is satisfied with Kafka's coaching of the team. Thios has been underlined by the convincing 3-0 victory over bitter rivals Millwall. Although a loss of £2.96m was recorded last month, the club are in a secure financial position overall.

West Ham Player Stats

npower Championship Table

Old 11-02-2011, 10:09 PM   #27
BYU 14
Coordinator

Sweet, go Hammers!!

As blasphemous as it is West Ham and Tottenham are my two favorite sides.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:54 PM   #28
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Sweet, go Hammers!!

As blasphemous as it is West Ham and Tottenham are my two favorite sides.

How can you possibly like Spurs!?
Old 11-02-2011, 10:56 PM   #29
Grover
Pro Starter

04/09/11 – Injury
Sears Injured

Freddie Sears was noticed to be in some discomfort following training today and is suffering from a hip injury. The forward will need to see a specialist and will miss 2-3 months while he undergoes treatment.

10/09/11 – npower Championship Match Day #6
West Ham United 5 – 0 Cardiff City
Goals:
West Ham: Macheda (6), Faye (22), Carew (56, 69, pen 84)
Shots/On Target: West Ham 16/9, Cardiff 11/2
Possession: West Ham 54/46
Cautions: West Ham: Tomkins (Y 4), Faye (Y 17), Ilunga (Y 45) Cardiff: Elek (Y 3)
Man of the Match: John Carew

Form: Green 7.1, Demel 8.1, Faye 8.8, Tomkins 7.9, Ilunga 8.0, Noble 7.2, Collison 8.8, Anakoglou 8.2, Baldock 7.2, Macheda 8.1, Carew 9.7

Notes:
- Sam Baldock had a goal ruled offside (37)
- John Carew is 3/3 on penalty kicks this season

13/09/11 – Awards
Trio Named

Abdoulaye Faye, Jack Collison and John Carew were selected in the npower Championship Team of the Week first eleven.

Last edited by Grover : 11-02-2011 at 10:56 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:24 AM   #30
Grover
Pro Starter

17/09/11 – npower Championship Match Day #7
Watford 0 – 3 West Ham United

Goals: West Ham: Macheda (25), Tomkins (58), Nolan (85)
Shots/On Target: Watford 7/4, West Ham 12/5
Possession: Watford 53/47
Cautions: Watford: Eustace (Y 88) West Ham: Ilunga (Y 11), Anakoglou (Y 78)

Form: Green 7.5, Demel (off 61) 7.2, Faye 7.5, Tomkins 8.3, Ilunga 7.3, Noble (off 61) 6.9, Collison (off 61) 6.8, Anakoglou 8.8, Baldock 6.8, Macheda 7.7, Carew 6.9, Diop (on 61) 6.9, Nolan (on 61) 7.3, Reid (on 61) 6.9

Notes:
- Kevin Nolan's goal was his first as a West Ham player.
- Dimitris Anakoglou assisted on all three goals and now has six helpers in six appearances.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:48 AM   #31
Alf
Pro Starter

I enjoy the way you present the dynasty.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:54 AM   #32
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
I enjoy the way you present the dynasty.

Thank you!
Old 11-03-2011, 10:56 AM   #33
Grover
Pro Starter

20/09/11 – Carling Cup (third round), Awards
Reading 1 – 3 West Ham United (et)
Goals:
Reading: Hunt (73) West Ham: Carew (17), Nolan (100), Cole (114)
Shots/On Target: Reading 13/4, West Ham 22/12
Possession: West Ham 51/49
Cautions: Reading: Hunt (Y 46, Y/R 76), Viler (Y 57), Leigertwood (Y 68) West Ham: Aldrete (Y 64), Demel (Y 88), Tomkins (Y 113)
Man of the Match: Carlton Cole

Form: Green 7.2, Demel 8.1, Faye 7.4, Tomkins 7.8, Aldrete 7.4, Nolan 7.5, Diop 7.3, Lansbury 7.5, Piquionne 7.8, Cole 8.2, Carew 7.5

Notes:
- Reading's Noel Hunt had a goal ruled offside (41).
- Noel Hunt was sent off for a professional foul and his second yellow card (76). Hunt and James Tomkins were chasing down a ball toward the West Ham box when Hunt pulled his man down from behind.
- Carlton Cole's goal was his first of the season and it took 374 minutes to get it.
- Championship club Burnley shocked Manchester United, dumping them out of the Carling Cup with a 2-0 win at Turf Moor.

Duo Named
Robert Green and Dimitris Anakoglou were selected to the npower Championship Team of the Week first eleven.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:42 AM   #34
BYU 14
Coordinator

Your getting a ton of shots off, what tactic are you using Grover?
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:49 AM   #35
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Your getting a ton of shots off, what tactic are you using Grover?

Standard 4-3-3.

Using two ball-winning midfielders to keep and recycle possession, while the Poacher and Deep Lying Forwards will spread wide and act as wingers, though the fullbacks will push quite far up the pitch in order to get the forwards more centralized. Despite using a balanced approach, the tactic is quite free flowing.

Fun note: the only time we've been held under 12 shots was the 1-1 draw with Brighton.

Last edited by Grover : 11-03-2011 at 11:54 AM.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:53 AM   #36
Grover
Pro Starter

24/09/11 – Carling Cup Draw, npower Championship Match Day #8
Hammers Get Rangers

West Ham will face Queens Park Rangers in the fourth round of the Carling Cup. The London-based clubs will square off on 25th October 2011 at Loftus Road.

West Ham United 3 – 1 Ipswich Town
Goals: West Ham: Cole (9, 45+2), Wilson (83) Ipswich: Ephraim (85)
Shots/On Target: West Ham 20/9, Ipswich 9/4
Cautions: Ipswich: Fanchone (Y 30)

Form: Green 7.0, Reid 6.8, Wilson 8.3, Tomkins 6.9, Ilunga 7.3, Noble 6.9, Collison 6.9, Anakoglou 8.1, Baldock 8.0, Cole 8.8, Macheda 6.4

Notes:
- Jay Emmanuel-Thomas went in alone against Rob Green (60) and completely missed the goal with his attempt.
- Danny Wilson's headed goal from Anakoglou's corner was his first as a West Ham player and his first in English football.
- Hogan Ephraim's goal (85) was his first for Ipswich and the first against his former club.
- Dimitris Anakoglou now has assists in five matches running, seven on the season.
- Federico Macheda was near invisible as the left sided forward, but Sam Baldock was immense, finding space down the right and cutting open the Ipswich defense on a number of occasions.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:28 PM   #37
Grover
Pro Starter

27/09/11 – Awards, npower Championship Match Day #9
Trio Named

Danny Wilson, Dimitris Anakoglou and Carlton Cole were selected in the npower Championship Team of the Week first eleven.

Derby County 0 – 2 West Ham United
Goals: West Ham: Piquionne (21), Carew (44)
Shots/On Target: Derby 8/2, West Ham 11/5
Possession: West Ham 56/44
Cautions: West Ham: Aldrete (Y 62, Y/R 84), Noble (Y 68)
Man of the Match: Guy Demel

Form: Green 6.8, Faye 7.5, Demel 9.0, Tomkins 7.1, Aldrete 7.4, Noble 6.9, Collison (off 66) 6.9, Anakoglou 7.2, Piquionne 7.8, Cole 6.9, Carew 7.5, Diop (on 66) 6.7

Notes:
- John Carew took a wicked shot (2) that hit the upright, came back off the keeper's back and out for a corner.
- Carew's goal was his 10th of the season.
- Mark Noble had a shot (47) deflect off the underside of the crossbar and come back out.
- Adrian Aldrete was sent off for his second caution after clipping the heels of a Derby player. Adrete was judged to be the last man.
- Today was just the second match in all competitions where West Ham have been held below 12 shots.

Aldrete Suspended
Following his sending off at Derby County, Adrian Aldrete has been given an automatic one match suspension. The suspension will apply for all domestic competitions and will begin immediately, meaning Aldrete will be suspended for the npower Championship clash with Bristol City. A match he was likely to sit out anyway.

Aldrete has been given and accepted a warning for his conduct on the pitch.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:38 PM   #38
Grover
Pro Starter

01/10/11 – September In Review
Training Report

Among the senior players, Abdoulaye Faye (tactics), Kevin Nolan (strength) and Sam Cowler (strength) have been impressing Neil McDonald and Adrian Lamb, though there have been concerns about the progress of Guy Demel (attacking) and Callum McNaughton (aerobic).

Among the youth players, Kieran Sadlier (strength), Jake Young (strength) and Jake Larkins (strength) have been impressing Lamb and Peter Drake with their progress.

Board Confidence
The board is pleased with Kafka's leading of the team. The capture of Dimitris Anakoglou, who the fans believe to be an extremely good player, has been particularly pleasing. Although a loss of £3.05m was recorded last month, the club are in a secure financial position overall.

West Ham Player Stats

Old 11-03-2011, 01:29 PM   #39
Grover
Pro Starter

01/10/11 – Call-ups, npower Championship Match Day #10
Five Called Up

For international matches on 7th and 11th October.
Robert Green (England), Jack Collison (Wales), Sebastian Lletget (USA U20), Marek Stech (Czech Republic U21), Dimitris Anakoglou (Greece U21)

West Ham United 4 – 1 Bristol City
Goals:
West Ham: Cole (9, 24), Carew (22), Faye (38) Bristol: Stead (75)
Shots/On Target: West Ham 20/7, Bristol 6/1
Possession: West Ham 65/35
Cautions: West Ham: Ilunga (Y 7), Collison (Y 89)

Form: Green 6.9, Demel 9.1, Faye 7.9, Tomkins 7.1, Ilunga 7.2, Nolan 6.8, Collison 6.9, Anakoglou 8.2, Piquionne 7.0, Cole 7.5, Carew 7.8

Notes:
- Bristol's Damien Stewart fouled Carlton Cole in the box (49). Cole missed the ensuing penalty shot wide left.
- We allow another goal from poor set piece defending.
- West Ham absolutely dominates the match in every aspect. Bristol City employed a central back three, with two holding midfielders to try and stop the 4-3-3. City did not account for the fullbacks getting forward and acting as wingers. Guy Demel whipped in cross after cross and was rewarded with three assists in the game's first 25 minutes.

Ilunga Suspended
Fullback Herita Ilunga has been suspended for one match following his fifth booking of the season.

Derby Fire Clough
Nigel Clough has been fired by Derby County president Tom Glick. Derby have been disappointing so far this season, finding themselves in 19th place.

04/10/11 – Awards
Trio Named

Guy Demel, Dimitris Anakoglou and John Carew were selected to the npower Championship Team of the Week first eleven.

07/10/11 – News
Derby Hire New Manager

Derby County have hired Gordon Strachan as their new manager.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:03 PM   #40
Grover
Pro Starter

15/10/11 – npower Championship Match Day #11
Hull City 2 – 3 West Ham United

Goals: Hull: McLean (53), Fryatt (60) West Ham: Cole (23, 72), Carew (45+3)
Shots/On Target: Hull 11/5, West Ham 13/4
Possession: 50/50
Cautions: Hull: Chester (Y 7)

Form: Green 6.9, Demel 6.8, Faye 6.9, Aldrete 6.2, Nolan 6.9, Collison 7.1, Anakoglou 7.8, Baldock 6.9, Cole 8.8, Carew 7.3

Notes:
This is the first match in all competitions in which West Ham have allowed more than one goal.

16/10/11 – News
Nolan To Mentor

Kevin Nolan is going to take youngster Dimitris Anakoglou under his wing and tutor the young central midfielder. West Ham management holds the Greek player in high regard and feel that the influence of Nolan will do wonders for his progression.

Vose Joins Southend
Promising midfielder Dominic Vose will join Southend United on loan for one month. Otto Kafka has said he wants the player to get some first team experience and with the glut of options in midfield at West Ham, it will have to be elsewhere.

Vose has been called the next Paul Gascoigne. (I just hope he doesn't start drinking)
Old 11-03-2011, 02:36 PM   #41
Grover
Pro Starter

18/10/11 – npower Championship Match Day #12
West Ham United 2 – 1 Peterborough
Goals:
West Ham: Cole (39, 87), Posh: Mackie (60)
Shots/On Target: West Ham 19/7, Posh 9/3
Possession: 50/50
Cautions: West Ham: Noble (Y 46), Ilunga (R 50) Posh: Mackie (Y 62), Little (75)

Form: Green 6.8, Piquionne (off 50) 6.6, Faye 8.4, Reid 6.8, Wilson 7.0, Noble (off 50) 6.6, Diop 6.8, Anakoglou 8.7, Cole 8.5, Ilunga (off 50) 6.9, Macheda 6.8, Nolan (on 50) 6.6, Faubert (on 50) 6.7

Notes:
- Assisting on both goals, Dimitris Anakoglou continues to impress and now has 11 assists in as many matches.
- Herita Ilunga was given a straight red for a vicious tackle from behind on George Boyd.
- Carlton Cole was awarded a penalty (90) after a foul in the box. It was saved by the keeper, Cole is now 0/2 on penalty kicks this season. Both missed opportunities were while Cole was sitting on two goals in the match.

Ilunga Suspended
Herita Ilunga has been suspended for one match following his dismissal against Peterborough. He has taken and accepted a warning for his conduct.

Anakoglou Honored
Dimitris Anakoglou has once again been named to the npower Championship Team of the Week first eleven.

Cardiff, Leeds Fire Managers
Cardiff City have fired manager Malky Mackay after a disappointing start to the campaign. Cardiff, who were expected to challenge for promotion, find themselves sitting bottom of the table.

Leeds United, who also expected to challenge for promotion have fired manager Simon Grayson as the club finds themselves in 20th.

19/10/11 – Records
West Ham United have broken their consecutive games won record with 10 straight between 23rd August and 18th October.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:43 PM   #42
The Jackal
Coordinator

I highly endorse this thread.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:07 PM   #43
Grover
Pro Starter

22/10/11 – npower Championship Match Day #13
Reading 1 – 1 West Ham United

Goals: Reading: Kebe (60) West Ham: Faye (45+2)
Shots/On Target: Reading 15/3, West Ham 9/3
Possession: Reading 59/41
Cautions: West Ham: Nolan (R 13), Anakoglou (Y 41), Noble (Y 67)

Form: Green 6.7, Demel 7.8, Faye 7.3, Tomkins 6.9, Aldrete 7.1, Collison 6.6, Anakoglou 6.7, Cole 6.7, Carew (off 80) 6.7, Noble (on 13) 6.6

Notes:
- Kevin Nolan was shown a straight red for a cynical studs-up tackle.
- Due to the red card, Sam Baldock was taken off and replaced by Mark Noble, moving the tem into a 4-3-2 formation.
- John Carew was taken off injured (80)
- To say that we were lucky to get a point out of this match was a huge understatement. We were on the back foot from the moment Nolan got his marching orders.
- Baldock, Nolan and Piquionne were not on the pitch long enough to be given form ratings.
- This marks the first game we were out-shot by the opponent and the second in which we were held under 10 shots. Both times we have drawn 1-1.

Nolan Suspended
Kevin Nolan has been suspended for one match after being sent off for a vicious foul against Reading. The midfielder has accepted a warning about his conduct.

Carew Injured
Bad news for the Hammers as John Carew's injury is worse than feared. The Norwegian international has suffered a torn calf muscle and will miss four months while recovering and undergoing treatment. Carew had been sensational for West Ham to date, knocking in 12 goals and 4 assists in 13 matches with an average match rating of 7.55. With the injury, more will be expected from Federico Macheda and Frederic Piquionne.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:41 PM   #44
Grover
Pro Starter

25/10/11 – Carling Cup (fourth Round)
Queens Park Rangers 0 – 3 West Ham United
Goals:
West Ham: Macheda (10, 16), Cole (90 + 1)
Shots/On Target: QPR 9/0, West Ham 12/6
Possession: West Ham 51/49
Cautions: QPR: Novaretti (Y 66), Yurevich (Y 70), Young (Y 75) West Ham: Faubert (Y 56), Diop (Y 68)
Man of the Match: Federico Macheda

Form: Green 6.9, Faubert 7.7, Wilson 7.9, Tomkins 7.2, Aldrete 7.9, Noble 6.9, Diop 7.0, Lansbury 8.4, Baldock 6.9, Cole 8.3, Macheda 8.8

Notes:
- Macheda's second goal was a fantastic poacher's effort. A misplaced pass from the left flank into QPR's own box was intercepted right in front of goal and slotted home.

Leeds Hire Sam
Leeds United have hired long-ball master “Big” Sam Allardyce to take the reigns of the struggling Elland Road club.

Ilunga Banned Further
Herita Ilunga has been banned for a further two matches for his sending off against Peterborough.

28/10/11 – News
Cardiff Hire Belgian

Cardiff City have hired Rene Vandereycken as their new manager. Management and supporters will surely be hoping their new boss can inspire the players and bring fresh momentum to the club.

Taylor Concerned
Matty Taylor is concerned about his lack of opportunities in the first team with the Hammers this season. Kafka has told the left sided midfielder that he will let him go in the next transfer window, as there's no place for him in the current squad.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:05 PM   #45
Grover
Pro Starter

29/10/11 – News, npower Championship Match Day #14
Carling Cup Draw

The final 8 for the Carling Cup are in the pot and they are the following clubs: Arsenal, Bolton, Leicester City, Manchester City, Millwall, Tottenham Hotspur, West Ham and Wolverhampton.

West Ham will host Wolverhampton at The Boleyn Ground on 30th November, 2011.

The other matches are:
Leicester City v. Manchester City
Arsenal v. Tottenham Hotspur
Millwall v. Bolton Wanderers

Nolan Suspended Further
Hammers captain Kevin Nolan has been suspended for a further two matches after his sending off against Reading.

West Ham United 5 – 0 Barnsley
Goals:
West Ham: Baldock (18), Noble (pen 45+2), Cole (47), Collison (75), Anakoglou (84)
Shots/On Target: West Ham 30/11, Barnsley 3/0
Possession: West Ham 67/33
Cautions: West Ham: Faye (Y 42), Wilson (Y 51) Barnsley: Doyle (R 31)
Man of the Match: Mark Noble

Form: Green 7.0, Demel 8.7, Faye 8.5, Tomkins (off 38) 5.7, Aldrete 8.1, Noble 9.0, Collison 8.2, Anakoglou 8.8, Baldock 8.1, Cole 8.4, Macheda 8.3, Wilson (on 38) 7.4

Notes:
- Nathan Doyle of Barnsley was given a straight red for a cynical tackle from behind on Mark Noble.
- James Tomkins was taken off injured after 38 minutes, replaced by Danny Wilson.
- Carlton Cole had a goal ruled offside (40)
- Rob Edwards was called for a foul in the box, resulting in a penalty. Mark Noble converted the penalty because he is not Carlton Cole.
- Anakoglou's first goal for the club was a stunner. Taking the ball from 20 yards out to the left of goal, dribbling past four Barnsley players and slotting a left footed shot into the roof of the net. Class.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:17 PM   #46
Grover
Pro Starter

01/11/11 – October In Review
Training Report

Among the senior players, Mark Noble (attacking), Jack Collison (tactics) and Callum Driver (strength) have been impressing Neil McDonald and Adrian Lamb. There have been concerns about the progress of Adrian Aldrete (ball control).

Among the youth players, Kieran Sadlier (strength), Leo Chambers 9strength) and Lamar Hurley (aerobic) have impressed Lamb and Peter Drake. However, George Moncur (aerobic) and Sam Baxter (tactics) have struggled.

Board Confidence
The board is pleased with Otto Kafka's leading of the team, underlined by the 5-0 victory over Barnsley. Despite a loss of £3.44m last month, the club are in a secure financial position overall.

The biggest problem with the club is, of course, wages. We're paying Premier League wages to a lot of players and salaries are only about £400,000 less than the monthly turnover.

West Ham Player Stats

npower Championship Stats

Old 11-03-2011, 04:36 PM   #47
Grover
Pro Starter

02/11/11 – npower Championship Match Day #15
Portsmouth 0 – 1 West Ham United
Goals:
West Ham: Macheda (50)
Shots/On Target: Portsmouth 8/2, West Ham 10/4
Cautions: Portsmouth: Ward (Y 67), Mokoena (Y 75)

Form: Green 6.7, Demel 7.2, Faye 7.5, Wilson 6.9, Ilunga 7.7, Noble 6.9, Collison 7.3, Anakoglou 6.9, Baldock 6.9, Cole 6.9, Macheda 7.3

Notes:
- A drab match in which the highlight was truly Macheda's goal. A terrific 35 yard lob that the Portsmouth keeper was unable to get back to.
- Our first win of the campaign when being held to 10 shots or fewer.

First Call-Up
Kieran Sadlier has earned his first call-up, being chosen to be part of the Ireland U19 side for matches on 10th and 14th November.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:39 PM   #48
Grover
Pro Starter

05/11/11 – Call-ups, npower Championship Match Day #16
Four Called-Up

Four Hammers have been called up for matches on 11th and 15th November:
Herita Ilunga (Congo), Sebastian Lletget (USA U20), Marek Stech (Czech Republic (U21), Dimitris Anakoglou (Greece U21)

West Ham United 2 – 1 Leeds United
Goals:
West Ham: Cole (56), Nolan (59) Leeds: Snodgrass (14)
Shots/On Target: West Ham 16/8, Leeds 7/1
Possession: West Ham 55/45
Man of the Match: Henri Lansbury

Form: Green 6.8, Faubert 7.3, Faye 7.0, Wilson 6.9, Aldrete 6.8, Nolan 7.3, Diop 6.9, Lansbury 7.5, Baldock 6.7, Piquionne 6.8, Cole 7.2

Notes:
With a number of our first team members getting the day off after the Portsmouth win, we struggled mightily in the first half. Cole and Nolan's quickfire double gave the club a jolt, but this was not a great performance.
Lansbury continues to impress when playing for Anakoglou. His assist on Nolan's goal proved to be the decider.

Hammers Pay Lyon
West Ham have paid Olympique Lyonnair £500,000 as part of Frederic Piquionne's transfer deal. The player has now played in 40 league matches for West Ham.

06/11/11 – Call-Ups
Four Recalled

Four West Ham players have been recalled for international matches on 12th and 16th November.
Robert Green (England), Adrian Aldrete (Mexico), Jack Collison (Wales) and Winston Reid (New Zealand)

07/11/11- News
Sears Back

Freddie Sears has returned to full training following his long layoff with a hip injury.

Jones Hired
Brighton and Hove Albion have hired former Cardiff boss Dave Jones to the reins of the 18th placed Championship squad.

11/11/11 – Progress
Aldrete Improving

Adrian Aldrete has been showing remarkable improvement through training and Neil McDonald feels his development is due to Otto Kafka's guidance and further first team experience should only help him blossom.

17/11/11 – FIFA Rankings
FIFA Top Ten

1. Spain +1
2. Holland -1
3. Uruguay +3
4. England
5. Germany -2
6. Italy -1
7. Argentina +3
8. Greece -1
9. Brazil -1
10. Russia -1
Old 11-03-2011, 08:24 PM   #49
Grover
Pro Starter

19/11/11 – npower Championship Match Day #17
Nottingham Forest 1 – 3 West Ham United
Goals:
Forest: Tudgay (48) West Ham: Morgan (o.g. 11), Noble (68), Piquionne (79)
Shots/On Target: Forest 11/6, West Ham 17/11
Possession: Forest 54/46
Cautions: Forest: Gunter (Y 2), Tudgay (Y 35), Boateng (Y 42), Lynch (Y 82) West Ham: Aldrete (Y 65)
Man of the Match: Mark Noble

Form: Green 7.3, Demel 7.1, Faye 7.2, Tomkins (off 62) 5.1, Aldrete 7.1, Noble 8.2, Collison 6.9, Anakoglou 6.9, Baldock 7.0, Macheda (off 62) 6.7, Cole 7.6, Wilson (on 62) 6.9, Piquionne (on 62) 7.4

Notes:
- Sam Baldock had a goal ruled offside (89)
- Up until the substitutions were made, Forest were on the front foot and seemingly had the inside route to picking up all three points.
- Wilson came on and solidified the back four after an uncharacteristically bad performance from Tomkins.

22/11/11 – Awards
Noble Named

Mark Noble has been named to the npower Championship Team of the Week first eleven.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:43 PM   #50
Grover
Pro Starter

23/11/11 – npower Championship Match Day #18
Southampton 0 – 2 West Ham United

Goals: West Ham: Macheda (17), Noble (pen 32)
Shots/On Target: Soton 14/6, West Ham 14/6
Possession: West Ham 54/46
Cautions: Soton: Fonte (Y 32), Cork (Y 65)West Ham: Collison (Y 37), Noble (Y 45, Y/R 48)

Form: Green 6.9, Demel 7.2, Faye 7.4, Tomkins 7.1, Aldrete 7.2, Collison 6.8, Cole (off 48) 6.8, Anakoglou 7.6, Baldock 7.3, Noble (off 48) 7.0, Macheda 7.4, Diop (on 48) 6.6

Notes:
- Jose Fonte brought Carlton Cole down in the box, leading to Mark Noble's penalty.
- Noble was sent off for a second caution and persistent fouling. We move to a 4-3-2 due to being a man down, Cole coming off for Diop.

Noble Suspended
Mark Noble has been suspended for one match following his sending off against Southampton. He has accepted the warning given for his conduct.

25/11/11 – TV News
West Ham v. Wolves in the Carling Cup quarter-final has been chosen for live television coverage. West Ham will receive around £16,000 in television money for the match.