Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-19-2011, 08:58 AM   #51
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

12 game season overview:

With 3/4 of the season in the books, I know want to chronicle the standings, league leaders and such.

As you can see, there really are no teams in the NFC battling for the wildcard. They are just fighting for positioning over there. In the AFC, this is a different matter. 3 teams are fighting for one wildcard spot right now. And my team is one of those teams. We are tied with the Tennessee Titans for the divisional lead, but they have the tiebreakers on me, so for me to win the division, I must defeat them and hope for some help. These last four games should be wild.

Dolemite73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:09 AM   #52
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 14 preview:

This will be a tough game at home. The (10-2) Detroit Lions are one of the top teams in the league and are led by MVP candidate HB Bob Hoernschemeyer and top QB Bobby Layne. The are also very tough on defense as evidenced by the matchup card above. Our only hope is to grind the clock with our running game and keep their offense off of the field. QB Y.A. Tittle is playing this game and will be wearing a special protective pad on his face to protect his cheek.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:18 AM   #53
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 14 result:

The Detroit Lions destroyed us. HB's Bob Hoernschemeyer and Doak Walker ran all over us (14car/97yds 2td and 13car/92yds 1TD, respectively). QB Bobby Layne was unstoppable (20.28 192yds 3TD). And the worse part, QB Y.A. Tittle re-aggravated his cheek during warmups and had to be scratched from the game. Backup QB Genero Denny played valiantly (15/24 148yds 1TD 1INT), but he is not the weapon Tittle is. We had no chance this game and we are most likely done trying to get the wildcard.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:24 AM   #54
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 14 results:

My wild card competitors, Patriots and Dolphins, lost, so I am still in the widl card race. The Baltimore Ravens won, so at 6-7, they are now in the wild card race as well. Four teams for one spot. Nice. Lastly, the Titans lost so we are still tied for the AFC South division lead. And don't look now, but the Cleveland Browns are now 13-0. Can they go undefeated?

Last edited by Dolemite73 : 11-19-2011 at 09:25 AM.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:36 AM   #55
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 15 preview:

We travel to Indianapolis this week to face the (4-9) Indianapolis Colts. They have struggle all year long and should not present too tough of a challenge in this game. QB Y.A. Tittle is probable this game and barring him tripping on the field during pre-game introductions and cracking his face, I expect him to start.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:46 AM   #56
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 15 result:

This was a very close game that could have gone either way. QB Y.A. Tittle played nicely (18/32 198yds 1TD 1INT, 10car/54yds) but the story of the game was the free agent we picked up off of the street 2 months ago CB Stephen Stratton. He played a phenomenal game (7tack 2INT 6passDef 1force fum and a TD). Wow! Also, SS Gregory Diehl had a very stong game as well (6tack 1sack 2passdef and 1 INT). Our secondary was the difference this game and really have been the strength of our defense all year long.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:53 AM   #57
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 14 results:

With my win and a Titans loss, The Jacksonville Jaguars are now in sole possession of 1st place in the AFC South. We now control our own destiny. That Week 17 game with the Titans looms very marge and could decide the division. And will you look at there.....the Browns lost. No undefeated season.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:04 AM   #58
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 16 Preview:

We travel to Denver this week to take on the (2-12) Denver Broncos. The Broncos have struggle all year long from bad QB play and their only threat, HB Billy Stone (OVR 78) has had to carry the load all year long. He may be tough to stop, so we have to ensure we don't beat ourselves and we must pressure the QB this game to rattle him. I expect a close game.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:12 AM   #59
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 16 result:

What a magnificent game for our offense. I am going to post the stat line to show you how dominant we were:

QB Y.A. Tittle
was amazing. Look at that stat line. He single handedly destroyed the Broncos with his arm and his legs. Kudos also go to HB Robert Ferrer and WR Bernard Jacobson as well. Defensively, played well. I don't like the KO return out Special Teams allowed for a TD, but overall this was a very good showing goinginto the last game of the season with the Tennessee Titans.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:17 AM   #60
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 16 results:

Well the Titans win, so next week's game is for the division title. Winner takes the title (due to Titans having the tie breaker over me). Loser, most likely, goes to the wild card. Should be a heck of a game. Also, QB Y.A. Tittle was named the NFL player of the week for that sparkling performance he had. His performance has also been ranked the top performance by an offensive player this season.

Last edited by Dolemite73 : 11-19-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:26 AM   #61
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 17 Preview:

This game decides the division title. We have the better league-wide offensive and defensive rankings, but their strength is our weakness, the running game. We must bottle their running game up and allow our offense to operate. I am putting this game on QB Y.A. Tittle's broad shoulders. I hope he can deliver.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:37 AM   #62
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 17 result:

And your 1950 AFC South Division Champs are the Jacksonville Jaguars! This achievement did not seem possible when we were sitting at 4-6 and struggling. This game, our running game dominated. We raced out to a 21-0 lead in the first quarter and coasted the rest of the way. Our fans were really pump up for this game and motivated us to charge out the gates and put this Titan team away early. We now await our playoff opponent.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:50 AM   #63
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 17 results:

The 1950 final standings are:

Here is the playoff slate Home team in bold (as an aside, it is amazing that the 11-5 Redskins and the 10-6 Eagles are not in the playoffs):

NFC - (13-3) New York Giants vs (12-4) San Francisco 49'ers
(13-3) Detroit Lions vs (11-5) New Orleans Saints
Bye week: (14-2) Green Bay Packers and (13-3) Seattle Seahawks

AFC - (9-7) Jacksonville Jaguars vs (8-8) Miami Dolphins
(11-5) Pittsburgh Steelers vs (8-8) Buffalo Bills

By week: (15-1) Cleveland Browns and (11-5) San Diego Chargers

The NFC looks really strong and the AFC looks weak besides the Browns. I am predicting the Browns and the Packers meet in the Super Bowl.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:58 AM   #64
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

1950 Final Stats:

Old 11-19-2011, 11:13 AM   #65
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

1950 Jacksonville Jaguar Team Stats:

Passing -

Rushing -

Receiving -

Defense -
Old 11-19-2011, 12:55 PM   #66
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Using my own personalized formula to judge and evaluate players from different positions, I have awarded the following:

Jaguars Offensive MVP - QB Y.A. Tittle (No surprise here)
Jaguars Defensive MVP - DT Harold Loy
Jaguars Rookie of the Year - LB Hiram Pennington

To see DT Harold Loy get my defensive MVP award was shocking. I never really paid attention to him until I evaluated his stats relative to his position. He simply was a force inside. No sacks, mind you, but he got 71 tackles from the DT position and numerous tackles for losses. and LB Hiram Pennington played very well this year.
Old 11-19-2011, 01:24 PM   #67
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Wildcard Playoffs Preview:

The (8-8) Miami Dolphins snuck into the playoff and get to play us as their reward. Miami lost their starting QB to a broken leg during week 13 and have been leaning on their backup. QB Richard Jeffers has played very well since he has been starting (6TD 0INT 97.7 QB rating in 4 games started), so we can't fall asleep on him and his stud WR Michael Johnson (OVR 100). HB Rip Collins had had a very good year and he bears watching as well. Our plan is to use our superior running attack to set up the play action and ride QB Y.A. Tittle to victory.

Prediction:
Jacksonville 24
Miami 13
Old 11-19-2011, 01:35 PM   #68
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Wildcard Playoff result:

Well our season ends in overtime against an inferior Miami Dolphins team. QB Y.A. Tittle 3 interceptions were our undoing. Just so very frustrating. And in overtime, our defense was just too tired to stop Miami. What a way to end a season.
Old 11-19-2011, 01:49 PM   #69
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

End of Season Review:

Super Bowl 1 -

(14-2) Green Bay Packers 20
(15-1) Cleveland Browns 17

End of Year Awards:
League MVP - HB Larry Coutre (GB) 329car 2055yds 18TD 30cat 354yds 3TD
Offensive Player of the Year - HB Bob Hoernschemeyer (Det) 309car 1773yds 14TD 74cat 711yds 8TD
Defensive Player of the Year - Len Ford (Cle) 90tack 17sacks 2fumrecov
Offensive Rookie of the Year - Ken Carpenter (Cle) 308car 1887yds 15TD 35cat 323yds 1TD
Defensive Rookie of the Year - Art Donovan (SD) 109tack 14sacks 1fumrecov

Jacksonville Jaguars that made the Pro Bowl were QB Y.A. Tittle, WR Terry Lovell, G John Kern and LB Hiram Pennington.

Last edited by Dolemite73 : 11-19-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old 11-19-2011, 02:18 PM   #70
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

1951 NFL Draft:

Here are a list of the top prospects:

The Jacksonville Jaguars are picking 21st this draft. My needs are LB, DT, T, CB, S and RB. I absolutely have to get stronger up the middle. I have a few thoughts what direction I am going to go, but will see how the draft plays out.

Last edited by Dolemite73 : 11-19-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:07 PM   #71
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

1951 NFL Draft (First Round):

When it gets to my pick, I am conflicted. There are two stud running backs sitting there that were very tempting. But my LB situation was not good so I make the following choice:

LB Carlos Kemp - Louisiana Monroe

Let's have a look at his player card:

He is very strong and agile. He will start from day one. He is our new Middle Linebacker

The rest of the 1st round here:

And here is the rest of my draft class:

2nd - T Wayne Siegert (Illinois)
3rd - LB Fred Wallner (Notre Dame)
4th - DT Charlie Toogood (Nebraska)
5th - CB Larry Phelps (BYU)
6th - HB Ricardo Phillips (Mississippi)
7th - WR Jim Doran (Buena Vista)

Old 11-19-2011, 03:32 PM   #72
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Free Agency:

I was not able to get my first choices, but I am happy with my haul. Will highlight them when I go over my 1951 roster.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:36 PM   #73
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Training Camp:

I am a little disappointed that two of my free agents (Almeida and Ainsworth dropped. I am ecstatic that my 4th round pic TooGood got a nice boost in training camp. He may actually start.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:53 PM   #74
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Excellent dynasty, great read!

I assume you there are draft classes you can import as you go along? Also, do you just sim your games, that's what I would be doing.

From reading, this game seems to have come a long way and I just might have to pull the trigger tonight.

Good luck this season coach!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:10 PM   #75
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Excellent dynasty, great read!

I assume you there are draft classes you can import as you go along? Also, do you just sim your games, that's what I would be doing.

From reading, this game seems to have come a long way and I just might have to pull the trigger tonight.

Good luck this season coach!

There are actually every draft class from 1951-2011 in the game. You can also import your own draft file via CSV file. This game has cine a long way. Still a few quirky things that need to be fixed, but the support is awesome and the game creator is very involved with the community.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:11 PM   #76
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite73 View Post
There are actually every draft class from 1951-2011 in the game. You can also import your own draft file via CSV file. This game has cine a long way. Still a few quirky things that need to be fixed, but the support is awesome and the game creator is very involved with the community.

I purchased tonight and so far, I'm impressed.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:52 AM   #77
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Quote:
I purchased tonight and so far, I'm impressed.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:36 AM   #78
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

1951 Jacksonville Jaguars

Here is a look at our Offensive depth chart:

QB -

We are only going to go with 2 QB's to start the year. It's a gamble, so we will be looking at the waiver wire to find a QB after training camp cuts are made. QB Joseph Arredondo was a free agent pick up and he actually started for the Carolina Panthers last year (290/536 2770yds 14TD 21INT). If QB Y.A. Tittle were to get hurt for a couple of games like last year, Arredondo is better suited to hold down the fort unlike our backups last year.

HB -

We have a totally revamped HB unit this year. HB Michael Hill retired and we did not resign HB Robert Ferrer. There were just too many turnovers from last year's crew. We are going to continue our running back by committee approach this season. It worked very well last year and we were 2nd in the NFL in rushing. Our 6th round draft pick HB Ricardo Phillips will start but free agent pickup HB Robert Almeida (played for Atlanta Falcons last year, 167car/917yds 9TD)will get plenty of work. HB Jim Baca will be our short yardage back (5'9" 225lbs bowling ball).

FB -

No change here. They have improved quite a bit from last year. I was unhappy with their run blocking last year, so I am hoping this improves.

WR -

The starters are the same. We signed WR Andre Shull away from the Seattle Seahawks (21cat/233yds 4TD last year) and at 6'5" and 225lbs, he will be a huge red zone target for us this year. We also signed WR Charles Pollack and he played for Pittsburgh last year (9cat/72yds 2TD).

TE -

No new faces here. They did experience a ratings drop from last year though. Will still run lots of two TE sets.

C -

No changes here. I got pretty solid production here last year.

G -

No changes here either. G John Kern got the Pro Bowl nod last year, but look out for G Andrew Cordero. He is very young, started all 16 games last year and will be a future star in this league at the Guard position.

T -

T John Nolan is the only holdover here. We will start our 2nd round draft choice T Wayne Siegert at Left Tackle. Sink or swim, rook.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:07 AM   #79
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

1951 Jacksonville Jaguars (cont.)

Now a look at our defensive unit

DE -

We have the same unit from last year. I am expecting big things from this unit this year. We did not get many sacks at alll last year and we need to fix this.

DT -

4th round draft pick DT Charlie Toogood (I love that name) starts. I may have gotten a steal in the 4th round with him. I also signed DT John Atchison and Kevin Ainsworth during free agency. Atchison played for the Minnesota Vikings last season and started 13 games for them (25tack 1sack). Ainsworth was on the New York Giants practice squad last season.

Last edited by Dolemite73 : 11-20-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:55 PM   #80
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

LB -

We have totally redone our Linebacker corps. Our Pro Bowl LB Hiram Pennnington is now the 7th LB. Our two rookies, 1st rounder LB Carlos Kemp and 3rd rounder LB Fred Wallner, both start at Middle LB and Weakside LB, respectively. Free agent pickup LB Adalberto Lovejoy will start on the strongside. Last season, he played for the Arizona Cardinals (48tack 1sack 1INT), but tore his ACL during week 8. He is fully healthy now, so he should help us shore up our run defense. We also have much better depth than we had last year.

CB -

We only have two holdovers here and they both will be backups. 5th round draft choice CB Larry Phelps gets the start on the left side with free agent pickup CB Donald Galloway (started 14 games for the St Louis Rams last season with 63tack and 2INT) on the right side. I like our starters here.

SS -

The starter here stays the same. We picked up free agent SS Matthew Demers to back up SS Gregory Diehl. Demers played for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers where he got 17tack and a sack.

FS -

No big changes here. We have a little better depth here. This may be an upgrade position during the draft next year.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:13 PM   #81
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

1951 Jacksonville Jaguars schedule:

Old 11-20-2011, 02:30 PM   #82
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Due to not saving the game, I had to re-sim this one. Sorry.

Preseason game 1:

Pretty typical first game of the preseason. Too many turnovers and too many penalties. Just an ugly game.

Last edited by Dolemite73 : 11-21-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:47 PM   #83
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Preseason Game 2:

I am not liking the running yardage my defense is giving up. Not at all. I am hoping that with my regulars playing most of the game next game, I can get a true gauge of my new and improved LB corps. I am liking what I am seeing from LB Kyle Martinez though.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:15 PM   #84
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Preseason Game 3:

Well in our most extensive outing with the starters, we did a lot of good things. QB Y.A. Tittle looks like he is in midseason form. Too many yards given up on the ground by the defense, but I expect that to improve once my rookies get more experience. I am confident that our defense is better this year. We will see though.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:38 PM   #85
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Preseason game 4:

Well we got out of this game fairly healthy. I am going to keep an eye on LB Kyle Martinez. This kid looks like a player. Time to start the season.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:41 PM   #86
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

How is your #1 pick (LB Carlos Kemp) looking?
Old 11-21-2011, 08:54 PM   #87
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Quote:
How is your #1 pick (LB Carlos Kemp) looking?

He is actually looking ok. Led the team in tackles during the preseason. Looks like a stud.

PS 1: 10 tackles, 1 pass def
PS 2: 8 tackles, 1 forced fumble, 1 pass def, 1 INT
PS 3: 7 tackles
PS 4: DNP
Old 11-22-2011, 05:14 PM   #88
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 1 Preview:

Well, our archrivals travel to Florida to take on the Jags. The Titans are still led by their stud HB Glenn Davis. He rush for 1585 yards last year and was really their only player of consequence last year. They did draft one player of note this year. In the 1st round, they drafted a SS out of John Carroll University; Don Shula. Will be interesting to see how his first game goes.

Last edited by Dolemite73 : 11-22-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:05 PM   #89
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 2 game result:

As is typical when these two teams play, this game was a physical, hard-hitting struggle until we put the game away in the 4th quarter. In the 1st quarter, Titans QB Adrian Burk was just annihilated right as he was passing. The pass went to SS Gregory Diehl for an interception, but QB Burk was injured on the hit and was out the rest of the game. That hit set the tone for the rest of the game.

Offensively, we played very well. Though HB Ricardo Phillips is the starter, we rode the hard running of HB Robert Almeida. He has played very well since preseason. Defensively, we allowed too many rushing yards (though Titan HB Glenn Davis is a tough back to contain). Rookie LB Carlos Kemp played well (8 tackles, 1 tackle for loss).

Titans SS Don Shula ended up with 3 tackles.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:10 PM   #90
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 1 schedule results:

Old 11-22-2011, 06:14 PM   #91
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Nice start to the sesaon by the rookie LB!
Old 11-22-2011, 06:17 PM   #92
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Quote:
Nice start to the sesaon by the rookie LB!
I am still hoping to see our rushing yards allowed to come down this season. Hope it does. He played well, though.

Cool thing I see in the box score is how we had the ball at the 1 yard line with a few seconds left on the clock. Instead of downing the ball to kill the clock, we punched it in for the score. Insult to injury. Hope it does not come back to bite me when we play them again. They are going to be pissed.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:54 PM   #93
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 2 Preview:

Well the St. Louis Rams travel to Florida to face the Jags. The Rams are led by their dynamic, Pro Bowl HB Sherman Howard (OVR 96). This man was a one man gang last year (1768yds rushing, 688yds receiving, 1 Kickoff return TD). Stopping him is going to be difficult. One advantage we do have is that they are starting a rookie 2nd round QB John Emerson. Though he had a good game last game, I suspect we can harass him into some turnovers. Should be a good game.

Last edited by Dolemite73 : 11-22-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:45 PM   #94
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 2 game result:

Well this was pretty much a wipe out. 3 interceptions by QB Y.A. Tittle killed us(including a pick six). And their dominance on the ground gave them a big time of possession advantage. Pretty much a game to forget.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:48 PM   #95
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 2 schedule results:

Last edited by Dolemite73 : 11-22-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:23 PM   #96
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 3 Preview:

In our final home game before we head out on the road for 3 games, we take on the (0-2) New York Jets. The Jets are led on offense by their rookie 1st round draft pick QB Darren Billiot (OVR 65). He had has the typical rookie struggles (33/68 341yds 2TD 3INT). And his running game has not been very productive. On defense, they have a lot of talent, so we will have to take care of the ball.

Prediction:

Jaguars 27
Jets 17

Last edited by Dolemite73 : 11-23-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:32 PM   #97
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 3 Result:

Penalties, penalties, penalties! That is the reason we loss this game. We could not sustain drives and we could not convert on 3rd down. I am disgusted by this poor effot. And worse yet, we now head out on the road for 3 games with a (1-3) record. I am making a few changes. My rookie HB Ricardo Phillips is not cutting it as a starter, so I am promoting HB Robert Almeida to starter. I am also ditching the running back by committee aproach and making Almeida my feature back.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:37 PM   #98
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 3 games results:

Old 11-23-2011, 07:03 PM   #99
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 4 Preview:

Well, we head out to Candlestick Park to take on the (2-1) San Francisco 49ers. The 49ers are among the offensive leaders in all categories. The gameplan is to play ball control and try to keep their offense off of the field.

Prediction:
Jaguars 16
49ers 30

Last edited by Dolemite73 : 11-23-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:16 PM   #100
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 4 Result:

This season is not starting out very well. LB Carlos King started the game, but left due to flu-like symptoms. And once he left, our run defense went to hell. The 49ers grounded us into dust. We just can't seem to get our offense in a groove either. There are really not many things going right currently. We have to turn this around.