Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-25-2011, 09:38 AM   #251
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 11 Results:

Well QB Y.A. Tittle finally got the start after 5 games on the injury list and came back with a bang. He changed the entire complexion of the offense and we were unstoppable. As good as our offense played though (and WR Joseph Sasser finally had a break out game), our defense was the story of this game. They registered 5 takeaways and harassed the Redskins QB all game long. Rookie 2nd round pick DE William Davis has 9 sacks on the season and has really turned in quite a performance this year. I also fully expect HB Kevin Temple to be in the running for rookie of the year.

Last edited by Dolemite73 : 12-25-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Dolemite73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 08:29 PM   #252
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 12 Preview and Schedule:

We travel to Tennessee to take on our division rival (5-5) Tennessee Titans. The Titans are led by their very capable QB Adrian Burk. He has had a very good year (88.9 QB rating), and with HB Glenn Davis and WR Charles Wyman, they form a pretty potent unit. On defense, they struggle. They don't have many impact players, with the exception of SS Don Shula (OVR 88). I thing QB Y.A. Tittle will light the Titans secondary up.

Prediction:

Jaguars 34
Titans 17

Old 12-25-2011, 08:42 PM   #253
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 12 Results:

Pretty good prediction, eh? Now that we are gearing up for the playoff push, we need to have games like this, especially with both of our starting DT's on the injury list. QB Y.A. Tittle just toyed with the Titans secondary all game long. And our defense has been scoring points all year long. Good win!

Old 12-27-2011, 06:08 AM   #254
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 13 Preview and Schedule:

As we continue our playoff push to homefield advantage throughout the entire playoffs, we travel to Oakland to take on the (3-8) Oakland Raiders. The Raiders have struggled all year long and have a serious lack of talent on both sides of the ball. On offense, the two players to watch out for is rookie 1st round HB Hal Giancanelli (OVR 67) and WR Chad Fields (OVR 96). Luckily for us, their QB is not very good and will throw lots of interceptions (17 int). On defense, the Raiders have a small amount of talent in their secondary, but that's about it. They are bad on defense. The Jaguars will feast on this team.

Prediction:

Jaguars 35
Raiders 10

Old 12-28-2011, 09:59 AM   #255
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

I've played through the PFS demo a few times, and while I don't love the UI, it's a decent experience.

At the end of the day, what I enjoy most is building a team (single player) and the immersion that comes with it (which is why I think writing about it helps contribute to the immersion factor). I can also forgive many flaws with a game as long as it is fun (assuming the flaws don't detract from the fun factor).

With that said (and I assumed that you've played FOF), how much fun have you been having with PFS and how does it compare to FOF?
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:31 PM   #256
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
I've played through the PFS demo a few times, and while I don't love the UI, it's a decent experience.

At the end of the day, what I enjoy most is building a team (single player) and the immersion that comes with it (which is why I think writing about it helps contribute to the immersion factor). I can also forgive many flaws with a game as long as it is fun (assuming the flaws don't detract from the fun factor).

With that said (and I assumed that you've played FOF), how much fun have you been having with PFS and how does it compare to FOF?
I thoroughly enjoy playing PFS. IMO, FOF is too dense for single player like me. I like the simplicity of PFS. Plus, I love the day-to-day support from the games creator. Found a bug? Want something tweaked? You tell the game's creator and they will be fixed. He puts out an update every few weeks. Finally, I like getting in on a game in it's growing phase. I always go for the underdog.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:06 PM   #257
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 13 results:

We flexed our collective muscles this game. I love the work of our running game. HB Kevin Temple is my pick for offensive rookie of the year. Having him has totally changed the offense and has allowed us to not rely so much on QB Y.A. Tittle. CB Bibbles Bawel has really played well this year (5 int) and has proven to be a shrewd free agent investment. DE Billy Howton has exploded this year after a quiet rookie campaign. Hope we can stay healthy over these next 3 weeks. We have a bye on week 17 and will rest up for the playoffs.

Edit - Congrats go out to HB Kevin Temple for being named the NFL Offensive Player of the Week!

Old 12-28-2011, 09:00 PM   #258
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm pulling for the Jags!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:38 PM   #259
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Current Playoff Picture:

Old 12-29-2011, 09:23 PM   #260
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Home field advantage would be a major plus!
Old 12-30-2011, 04:23 PM   #261
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 14 Preview and Schedules:

The (3-9) Denver Broncos travel to Jacksonville to take us on. The Broncos have been a mess this year and have had injuries all across their team. They have very little talent and even their one star, CB Jack Christiansen (OVR 90), has had a down year. His first two years in the league, Christiansen has averaged 13 interceptions and 27 passes defended. This year he only has 2 interceptions and 11 passes defended. I am thinking we will avoid his side of the field and use our strong running game to control this game.

Prediction:

Jaguars 27
Broncos 10

Last edited by Dolemite73 : 12-30-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:32 PM   #262
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 14 Results:

Seems like we have been unstoppable the last few weeks. Those two loses really did wake our team up. A lot of good stuff on both sides of the ball. QB Y.A. Tittle has been very effective by not having to carry so much of the offense. He is down right scary now with a dependable running game to lean on. On defense, we have been pressuring the QB and ballhawking in our secondary. We need to keep our edge and finish the season strong. We will not let out collective foot off of the accelerator.

Old 12-31-2011, 09:01 AM   #263
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 15 Preview and Schedules:

The woeful (3-10) Houston Texans travel to Florida to play us this week. Oh how far the mighty has fallen. Just two years ago the Texans were 12-4 and playing in the AFC championship game. They have some talent on their O-line, but this team needs a talent infusion badly. From a gameplanning perspective, we just have to ensure HB Billy Grimes (OVR 63) doesn't hurt us. We should be able to do what we want on offense.

Prediction:

Jaguars 34
Houston 17

Old 12-31-2011, 09:15 AM   #264
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 15 Results:

I am becoming pretty good at this prediction thing, huh? We were actually losing at halftime but proceeded to reel off 27 unanswered points. HB Kevin Temple is well on his way to a Rookie of the Year award and possibly Pro Bowl consideration. If QB Y.A. Tittle had not gotten hurt, he would be in the running for another MVP award (he has a ridiculous 119.4 QB rating and 4 INT's all season long). Historic QB play, actually. This is a special team and I dare say we can be in the Super Bowl this year.

Old 12-31-2011, 09:27 AM   #265
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 16 Preview and Schedule:

In our final game of the season (we have a week 17 bye), we face the (7-7) Tennessee Titans at home. We are still in a fight with the (12-2) Cleveland Browns for home field advantage throughout the entire playoffs, so we will play our starters. I just hope we don't suffer any injuries. The Titans are playing for pride and would like nothing better than to knock us out of the homefield advantage race. We will use our formula of beating their front 7 with our running game and utilizing play action.

Prediction:

Jaguars 24
Titans 20

Old 12-31-2011, 09:38 AM   #266
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 16 Results:

Nice exclamation point to end the season, huh? This game was over in the 1st quarter. Amazing performances by QB Y.A. Tittle and WR Armando Harrington. And our defense played very well. We now have three weeks until our first playoff game, since we have clinched homefield advantage and a first round bye. My one worry is us losing our edge. Will have to crack the whip on the boys to ensure we don't get soft.

Old 12-31-2011, 06:32 PM   #267
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 17 Schedules:

Since we have a bye this week, we will watch the playoff races. Here is the current picture:

In the NFC, Green Bay is hoping for either the Chicago Bears or the Washington Redskins lose. In the AFC, the Baltimore Ravens are praying for the Cincinnati Bengals to lose. They have a good shot at that as the Bengals take on the (13-2) Cleveland Browns.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:35 PM   #268
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

Week 17 Results:

Last edited by Dolemite73 : 01-02-2012 at 01:27 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:42 PM   #269
Dolemite73
High School Varsity

This really sucks. My file got corrupted and now I have to start over. Damn! Just when I was rolling. Sorry guys.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:08 PM   #270
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite73 View Post
This really sucks. My file got corrupted and now I have to start over. Damn! Just when I was rolling. Sorry guys.

Was it a problem with PFS? If so, email Brooks.