Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-17-2012, 12:29 PM   #1
Izulde
Head Coach

Yeaton Pictures (Hollywood Mogul 3)

The ubiquitous Izulde Jestor is stepping off the hardcourt and into the film industry, as he announced today that he is forming a new movie studio called Yeaton Pictures. With ample backing from NBA stars, the fledgling franchise enters a crowded, 10 studio industry.

Jestor also said that his new business endeavor will not be talking calls from agents or actors, as they will be focusing solely on purchased rights and his own ideas for making films.

In fact, Yeaton Studios arrived at their press conference already having purchased the rights to two properties:

Parasite Eve
An underrated gem in the Squaresoft library, Parasite Eve, a video game sequel to what was originally a Japanese novel, details the battle of police officer Aya Brea against the horrific menace Eve. Other main support characters include Daniel, Aya's partner and Kunihiko Maeda, the scientist who reveals the truth behind Eve.

The Care Bears
An '80s icon, the Care Bears have also had numerous movies in addition to a few series. Jestor said at the press conference that "We're going back to the 1980s style of animation for this one. The millennial, new-generation aesthetic is frankly terrible, so it's time to get retro here." Professor Coldheart is rumored to be the main baddie in this production.

The studio also said it plans on undertaking an ambitious project based on a free agreement with James Clavell's estate:

Shogun
One of the most gripping novels set in Japan written by a Western author, Shogun already has an acclaimed epic miniseries to its credit, but Jestor says of the tale of John Blackthorne, an English sea pilot of a Dutch ship who finds himself involved in Japanese politics of 1600, "We're going to do for the era leading up to the Tokugawa Shogunate what Rome and Spartacus did for the Roman Empire. It's going to be bloody, it's going to be sexy, and it's going to be simply awesome."

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:19 PM   #2
Izulde
Head Coach

Parasite Eve

The other two projects are undergoing extensive rewrites to the original, but Parasite Eve's 2* script is knocked out in four months. Numerous actresses are brought in to audition for Aya Brea, but all of them turn it down until finally, Hayden Panettiere, who had a 4* audition, accepts.

What looked to be a low budget project got a huge boost when Angelina Jolie gave a sensational 5* audition to take the role of Eve. Having the #2 actress in Hollywood is a good way to put butts in the seats.

Mark Wahlberg, who also was fantastic, signed on to play Daniel, but there were major problems trying to find someone to play Kunihiko Maeda. Chow Yun-fat and Ken Watanabe weren't interested, and Angelina Jolie blocked Jet Li and Jackie Chan from auditioning.

So Yeaton Studios had a choice - Westernize the role or find new talent. They chose to go with a complete random person off the street, Michael Yong Wai, a 49 year old Chinese fast order cook.

Seven directors expressed interest, including Martin Scorcese and Ang Lee, but both wanted a point, so the studio instead settled for Robert Zemeckis and the best producer interested.

Continuing the '80s theme, Yeaton Studios purchased the rights to another video game:

Track and Field
All six of Track and Field's events: 100 meter dash, long jump, javelin throw, 110 hurdles, high jump, and hammer throw will feature in this by-the-numbers story about a man trying to become the World Track and Field Champion.

The writing of the script was completed at the same time that Parasite Eve finished pre-production. Paul Bettany leads the 3* script with a perfection audition and will play the top role of Marcus, the athlete trying to win it all.

Amanda Seyfried plays Lizzy, his love interest, after a sterling audition and numerous other actresses turning down the role. Ryan Gosling plays the role of the evil Serg, Marcus's main rival for the title and Lizzy's affections. Mark Wahlberg joins up to play Al, Marcus's crazy trainer who inspires him to great heights.

David Finchner of Fight Club fame will direct.

After the rewrite, the Care Bears movie is a 4* script. Jude Law, Scarlett Johansson, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Drew Barrymore will all be lending their voice talents to the movie, with Wes Anderson the director.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:34 PM   #3
Izulde
Head Coach

Parasite Eve completed production in April, but the test screening bombed, and subsequent re-edits didn't fare well either, in addition to causing a two month delay.

Shogun was abruptly put into turnaround and $20 million in pay or play wasted when Yeaton Studios made the mistake of setting production in Los Angeles rather than Japan, which ruins the whole point of making the movie.

Epic fail on Yeaton Studios' part.

It was put in turnaround with $100 million buyout clause.

Parasite Eve finished re-editing and was given a June first week release date in 2,750 theatres.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:38 PM   #4
Autumn
Head Coach

Track & Field: The Movie. I love it.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:02 PM   #5
Izulde
Head Coach

Parasite Eve Review

Look up mediocre in the dictionary. See most of this movie. Only Angelina Jolie's sensational performance as Eve and Mark Wahlberg's tough-nosed turn as Daniel save this movie from being a complete ho-hum.

Well, maybe that isn't quite fair. The characters themselves are vivid, fresh, and engaging and this is one of the most faithful to the source material video game movies I've ever seen. But Hayden Panettiere is simply too young and too frivolous for Aya Brea, and the newcomer who played the scientist? Completely forgettable.

Essentially, this movie is a vehicle for Jolie, and Yeaton Studios smartly marketed it that way. Nor is it the absolute worst adaption of a video game I've ever seen. Street Fighter: Rise of Chun-Li, I'm looking at you.

Domestic Gross: $94.7 million
Foreign Gross: $165.2 million, breaking the $10 million mark in France, the $12 million mark in Germany, and the $14 million mark in Australia
DVD Sales: $70.8 million

$15.3 million went to the producer, because Yeaton Studios forgot to notice he demanded points.

Net Profit: $138.5 million

Shogun was taken back by Yeaton Studios and the movie-making process started all over again.

Track and Field was given a Labor Day weekend release.

The Red Feather
In this new idea by Yeaton Studios, detective Winston Mark is trying to catch a mastermind murder named Buster Maugham in 1920s' Chicago. He has the support of his simple-minded manservant Wesley, but danger abounds in the form of femme fatale Laura Truly and the wildcard gun for hire, appropriately named Wild McGraw.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:02 PM   #6
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Track & Field: The Movie. I love it.

It's due up next, too.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:13 PM   #7
Izulde
Head Coach

Track and Field - Movie Review

This one took me by complete surprise. I mean, what would you say if someone told you, "I'm going to make a movie about an early 1980s button-mashing video game with no discernable plot in and of itself"? I know what I'd have said - that it was a stupid idea and bound to be a bad movie.

And then Track and Field: The Movie happened. This is excellently produced and the script is surprisingly funny and well-written. Who cares if the story itself is weak or if none of the names in here turn the big budget fan meter? David Fincher has delivered a quality movie here, one that hits all the notes you would expect a sports film to.

Amanda Seyfried is absolutely sizzling as the hot Lizzie we all wanted to date in high school and college. Paul Bettany does quite well himself, following up in his underrated performances in A Knight's Tale and Wimbledon. But the biggest shock of this one? Ryan Gosling putting on the performance of his life as the opponent Serg. If there's a sour note in the acting, it's Mark Wahlberg who just isn't funny enough as Al the Trainer.

Overall, though, this is my pick for Movie Destined To Be Cult Hit of the Year. That's something I ever would have said before seeing it.

Domestic Gross: $104.7 million
Foreign Gross: $172.2 million
DVD: $34.6 million

Producer took 5%, which may be a bug, but still...

Net Profit: $378.3 million

Ladies and gentleman, we have what is officially a money-maker and a half. Look for Track and Field 2 to come out since it made this kind of cash.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:37 PM   #8
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Awesome!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:08 PM   #9
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh man, Track and Field 2. You could not create a more realistic simulation of Hollywood.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #10
BYU 14
Coordinator

Please give Bruce Jenner a cameo in T&F II

Love that you have brought back Mateen for a life after Hoops dynasty.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:59 PM   #11
Izulde
Head Coach

Abe Sargent: Indeed. I was stoked to make that kind of cash. It'll make up for the bath that's probably waiting when Shogun finally releases.

Autumn: What's funny is, I can see a cadre of hardcore T&F I fans geeking out for the sequel.

BYU 14: I'll check and see if I can. Not sure if he's in the talent files I have or not. And yes, the two lines may cross over a touch more.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:20 PM   #12
Izulde
Head Coach

Yateen Studios Receives Numerous Oscar Nominations
The powerfully financially backed Yeaton Studios earned multiple nominations for its two films and had one surprising snub.

Best Picture Nominees
Paradise Eve
An odd choice, to be sure, but the movie field crop was weak this year.
Track and Field
The cult hit actually has gained a ton of fans, so much so that even a top critic it called "arguably the best film of the year and without question the single best video game adaptation ever made. Don't be surprised if this gem of a film gets its name called on awards night.

Best Director
Track and Field
David Fincher
-One reviewer wrote, "He's done for video game movies what Fight Club did for discussions of masculine roles in contemporary American society - raised them to the mainstream and made them a hot topic."

Best Actor
Track and Field
Paul Bettany
-Among the plaudits for Bettany's performance: "Arguably *the* breakout role of his career. Izulde Jestor, head of Yeaton Studios, loves his work, and this was Paul's shining moment."

Best Screenplay Adaptation
Parasite Eve
Track and Field

A respected critic noted, "Yeaton Studios, with its first two films, has made an art form of video game adaptations. Nintendo, Sega, Microsoft, Sony, and a lot of game publishers are in love with this production company right now."

The Shocking Snubs
Angelina Jolie - Best Supporting Actress - Parasite Eve
-The Academy wouldn't even accept Jolie's nomination papers, which no one at Yeaton Studios could believe. A tough blow for the Girl, Interrupted megastar.
Ryan Gosling - Best Supporting Actor - Track and Field
-His nomination was accepted, but he didn't make the cut in what has been a strong year for supporting performances.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:44 PM   #13
Izulde
Head Coach

Here we are at Hollywood's most prestigious awards night. We've gone through all the piddly awards that no one but the most grognardy care about and now it's on to the big ones...

Best Adapted Screenplay goes to...

YEATON STUDIOS FOR TRACK AND FIELD!!!!

We don't care about Original Screenplay, so forget that.

Best Supporting Actress

Joan Cusack - None But The Brave - Devuno Brothers Pictures

Best Supporting Actor

Phillip Seymour Hoffman - Thruster - Eldorado Pictures
Note: Will Smith also was up for BSA from Thruster, and None But The Brave featured Bill Murray in this category, along with Cusack, who won the previous award.

Best Actress

Diane Keaton - Long Ago - Burbage Studios
Note: Ashley Judd from None But The Brave was another nominee from that movie.

Best Actor
And the Oscar goes to...

Wesley Snipes - Thruster
Note: None But The Brave had a nominee here as well with Ashton Kutcher. NBTB, Thruster, and T&F are shaping up as the strongest looking movies of the year.

Best Director
And the Oscar goes to...

DAVID FINCHER - TRACK AND FIELD - YEATON STUDIOS!!!
Note: Thruster had another nomination here with Paul Greengrass

And now, the award you've all been waiting for...

Best Picture
Will it go to Track and Field? Will it be Thruster, the heavy favorite? The upstart Parasite Eve? The oft-nominated but not won yet Jen? Or is it Keaton vehicle Long Ago? It's.....

TRACK AND FIELD - YEATON STUDIOS!!!!!

Izulde Jestor's Acceptance Speech
This has been the most insane, crazy night of my life. Two championship rings with the Denver Nuggets can't really compare to this. I've always been a creative at heart, so the chance to win something this amazing, this prestigous... there are no words. Thanks to Paul, David, Ryan, Mateen, all my other supporters and backers and everyone else associated with the film. We did something no one thought was possible - make a Best Picture out of that damn hard Track and Field Game!

Old 02-17-2012, 07:52 PM   #14
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Oooooo! Jackie-Joyner Kersey starring in Track and Field II!
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:53 PM   #15
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Seriously how do you guys use HM3 that way. It seems you are inventing your own movie titles and using real stars in it. When I played around with it, everyone was fictional as were teh movie titles.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #16
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post

This one took me by complete surprise. I mean, what would you say if someone told you, "I'm going to make a movie about an early 1980s button-mashing video game with no discernable plot in and of itself"? I know what I'd have said - that it was a stupid idea and bound to be a bad movie.

""I'm going to make a movie about an 1970s child's game involving hidden ships at sea and you call out grid numbers and letters in hopes to sink them but the game has no discernable plot in and of itself"? I know what I'd have said - that it was a stupid idea and bound to be a bad movie."
Old 02-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #17
Izulde
Head Coach

Look for the Hollywood Mogul Ultimate Download. That's where I've gotten all the stuff from. You then have to select the talent files and source files when starting a new game.