Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-01-2012, 05:39 PM   #751
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Because I'm too lazy to look, does it have any of the "ESPN Film's presents...". I caught most of the original 30 for 30 films but missed most of the latter releases.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:16 PM   #752
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
30 for 30 has been added to streaming.

Even if you're not a sportsfan I cannot highly enough recommend Two Escobars. A fantastic fantastic look into Columbia during the height of the Cartel's power.

Other 30 for 30 favorites of mine:
Best That Never Was
Winning Time

Best friggen news of the day.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:33 AM   #753
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
30 for 30 has been added to streaming.

Even if you're not a sportsfan I cannot highly enough recommend Two Escobars. A fantastic fantastic look into Columbia during the height of the Cartel's power.

Other 30 for 30 favorites of mine:
Best That Never Was
Winning Time

Awesome, thanks for posting this. I've only seen one or two of these and am very happy to see it come to netflix. Never occurred to me that this is something they would get access too.

I'm a Cubs fan and somehow missed the Bartman one. Can't wait to finally see it.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:36 AM   #754
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
I'm a Cubs fan and somehow missed the Bartman one. Can't wait to finally see it.

That was one of the first one's I watched (after Fernandomania), it was really sad.

Like Steam?

Old 08-19-2012, 10:55 PM   #755
PilotMan
Head Coach

Season 1 of Wilfred

Brilliant!

Like Steam?

Old 08-23-2012, 07:15 PM   #756
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Bill Burr's "You People are all the Same" is only on Netflix and is really funny.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:41 PM   #757
PilotMan
Head Coach

Damn, I just watched Senna, have to agree, one of the better docs around. Very emotional and intense.

Like Steam?

Old 09-08-2012, 10:04 PM   #758
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Have to say watching Jim Hensons The Storyteller series really impressed me - too bad there is only one season but it's really incredible both the quality of the stories and how they are portrayed with the limited 80s special effects. There's also a few episodes of the follow-up, based on Greek myths.
Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king. --Sideshow Bob

Last edited by Peregrine : 09-08-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:12 AM   #759
dave731
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Have to say watching Jim Hensons The Storyteller series really impressed me - too bad there is only one season but it's really incredible both the quality of the stories and how they are portrayed with the limited 80s special effects. There's also a few episodes of the follow-up, based on Greek myths.
I loved these as well...for their time period, they are really well done.
dave731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:31 AM   #760
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Apparently Dinosaurs (Not the mama!!) is now streaming on Netflix.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:44 AM   #761
Butter
Coordinator

I watched Bellflower this weekend... give it an 8 out of 10.

This is one of those standard 2-guys-preparing-for-the-apocalypse-while-one-of-them-falls-in-love stories. You know the kind. It almost breaks the needle on the "weird-o-meter"... but then the last 30 minutes or so, it comes around to be something a bit more... and it just knocks it out of the park. There is a little bit of time-shifty weirdness, and the end is not exactly what I would call "decipherable"... but that doesn't make it any less fun to watch. Provided you like watching supposed 20-somethings act like completely insane people. If not, you probably want to skip.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:21 PM   #762
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Dumb question. I believe the answer is "no," but anyways I was wondering if there was a way to delete viewed history. My daughter has watched many of the Spongebob episodes, but they don't seem to restart at the beginning, causing much rewind drama and anguish. I got her one of those fake roku d-link boxes because I did not put a satellite receiver in her room.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #763
corbes
College Benchwarmer

So what's the story with Mad Men? Anyone know when it will be available to watch instantly?
corbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:52 PM   #764
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbes View Post
So what's the story with Mad Men? Anyone know when it will be available to watch instantly?

It is right now.
Attached Images
File Type: png mad men.png (99.4 KB, 514 views)

Like Steam?

Old 09-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #765
corbes
College Benchwarmer

It's not showing up on my account. Are they making less available to watch instantly if you're on the watch-instantly-only plan?
Old 09-18-2012, 08:20 PM   #766
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
It's not showing up on my account. Are they making less available to watch instantly if you're on the watch-instantly-only plan?

I've been watch-instantly-only since they changed their policy and "Mad Men" has been in my "que" the whole time. I haven't checked it in a while though...
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:24 PM   #767
corbes
College Benchwarmer

I'm referring to Season 5. I should have made that clearer. I'm seeing other references now to the fact that Season 5 is available if you sign up for both DVD and streaming service. What horsebleep.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:37 PM   #768
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm referring to Season 5. I should have made that clearer. I'm seeing other references now to the fact that Season 5 is available if you sign up for both DVD and streaming service. What horsebleep.

FWIW, only season's 1-4 show up for me on instant, and I have a 2 at a time sub. So no need to jump to conclusions about it. Best guess is just prior to the start of season 6.

Like Steam?

Old 09-19-2012, 08:57 AM   #769
corbes
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
No need to jump to conclusions about it.

Fair enough.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:01 PM   #770
RainMaker
General Manager

I would highly recommend The League to people here. Kind of a bit like It's Always Sunny. Takes a few episodes to get going but I think hits it's stride around episode 4.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:38 PM   #771
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Oh yeah, totally agreed.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:50 AM   #772
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
I watched Bellflower this weekend... give it an 8 out of 10.

This is one of those standard 2-guys-preparing-for-the-apocalypse-while-one-of-them-falls-in-love stories. You know the kind. It almost breaks the needle on the "weird-o-meter"... but then the last 30 minutes or so, it comes around to be something a bit more... and it just knocks it out of the park. There is a little bit of time-shifty weirdness, and the end is not exactly what I would call "decipherable"... but that doesn't make it any less fun to watch. Provided you like watching supposed 20-somethings act like completely insane people. If not, you probably want to skip.

I gave this one a shot last night because movies like this are right up my alley. The movie was pretty good but I have to say I am lost on the ending. Were there two different scenerios shown in the end(like watching an alternate ending) or am I just completely lost? It's almost like one of the endings is from his insane "Lord Humungous" mind and the other is what really happened.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:35 AM   #773
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
I gave this one a shot last night because movies like this are right up my alley. The movie was pretty good but I have to say I am lost on the ending. Were there two different scenerios shown in the end(like watching an alternate ending) or am I just completely lost? It's almost like one of the endings is from his insane "Lord Humungous" mind and the other is what really happened.

As I said... I couldn't really figure it out. It seemed like the end part with the girl was where he was completely detached from reality, so I do think there was some sort of "alternate reality" going on there.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #774
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Freaks and Geeks is now on instant play. Can't believe that show didn't last longer.

FUCK EA

Last edited by Julio Riddols : 10-02-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #775
Tigercat
College Starter

If you are inclined to watch any nature, history, or geography based shows I encourage you to search for National Geographic and check out how many specials they have on there now. They recently added a LOT of great ones. The best thing about it is how large the catalog is on Netflix now, making it easy to find something that interests.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #776
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
Freaks and Geeks is now on instant play. Can't believe that show didn't last longer.

To me, that show not making it is the single dumbest decision in the history of TV.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:42 PM   #777
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post

Undeclared, another Judd Apatow show with some of the same people, has also been added to instant viewing. That was horribly treated by the network as well.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:38 PM   #778
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Watching the Halloween episode for Freaks and Geeks should really be an annual tradition.

Last edited by Matthean : 10-02-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:48 AM   #779
Daimyo
College Starter

I watched Outsourced (the movie, not the TV show) on Netflix this week and thought it was pretty good. I'd never heard about it before, but apparently it was the inspiration for the NBC sitcom from last year. The movie is so much better.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #780
Critch
lolzcat

Amores Perros - Three stories from Mexico City that come together.

It's not a happy movie so dont watch if you're looking for laughs, dont like subtitles, or are offended by dog fighting. But it's a great movie.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #781
LloydLungs
College Prospect

I'm just finishing up "Durham County" (three 6-episode seasons), an extremely dark Canadian crime drama. The first season is tremendous. Great television -- creepy, albeit sometimes pointlessly creepy for the sake of being creepy, but very well done. Outstanding acting in this series, particularly from Justin Louis as serial killer Ray Prager.

Second and third seasons are still pretty good but it drops off somewhat.

Not sure I've seen anything so relentlessly grim, though. I need to follow this up with something cheerier, like maybe Schindler's List or the Zapruder film.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:49 PM   #782
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Anybody else watching 'Once Upon a Time'? I've been really impressed with season one on Netflix, so much that I'm now DVRing season two as it airs.

It has been really surprisingly good. A novel concept, executed very well. Dare I say it, but OnceUpon a Time is good TV

Last edited by Glengoyne : 11-19-2012 at 09:50 PM.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:50 AM   #783
dave731
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
Anybody else watching 'Once Upon a Time'? I've been really impressed with season one on Netflix, so much that I'm now DVRing season two as it airs.

It has been really surprisingly good. A novel concept, executed very well. Dare I say it, but OnceUpon a Time is good TV
I watched an episode of it one day and ended up watching the whole season over the course of the next week and a half. I love the show and how they have done things.
dave731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:38 PM   #784
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

Thanks for the Durham county recommendation. Started it last night when you suggested it and am on the last episode of season 1 now. Very grim and such an amazing atmosphere.
IlliniCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #785
cougarfreak
College Starter

For those of you with kids, Netflix just signed a huge deal with Disney. A lot of the older Disney content is available, along with other movies/shows to be rolling out. Major game changer.

Last edited by cougarfreak : 12-05-2012 at 07:29 PM.
cougarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:44 PM   #786
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Netflix signed a deal with Disney. The benefit of the deal will actually take time to kick in, but it is still a boon.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:08 PM   #787
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post
For those of you with kids, Netflix just signed a huge deal with Disney. A lot of the older Disney content is available, along with other movies/shows to be rolling out. Major game changer.

It's already a great deal if you have kids with the $7.99 streaming option. With Disney added, it's an absolute no-brainer.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #788
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

So does the Disney deal imply that Netflix will be streaming the Star Wars franchise stuff, once the new stuff comes out (and possibly the old)?

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:00 AM   #789
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
So does the Disney deal imply that Netflix will be streaming the Star Wars franchise stuff, once the new stuff comes out (and possibly the old)?

/tk

They did specifically mention that in one of the articles I read.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:04 AM   #790
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post

/tk

See my previous comment about it taking time for the good stuff.

Quote:
Disney has signed a deal with Netflix to allow exclusive streaming of their movies. It will start out shitty, with only direct-to-video movies streaming beginning in 2013. We will have to wait until 2016 to get theatrical releases into the mix, but those releases will be from Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios and Disneynature. So this is actually not helpful at all.
Read more at I Like To Do Drawrings: Animated Film News
Old 12-06-2012, 12:57 PM   #791
Subby
lolzcat

Very excited about Last of the Mohicans and Apocalypse Now.

Netflix New Releases for December 4th, 2012

Here are some interesting streaming releases from the past week: Young Adult, Whale Wars (new season), Vanilla Sky, Stake Land, Scream, Sexy Beast, S.W.A.T., Red Dawn, The Presidio, The Last of the Mohicans, Kung Fu Panda: Holiday, The English Patient, Commando, Batman: The Movie, Apocalypse Now, and Half Baked.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com

Last edited by Subby : 12-06-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:59 PM   #792
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

At least Red Dawn is the good version.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #793
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
Very excited about Last of the Mohicans and Apocalypse Now.

Netflix New Releases for December 4th, 2012

Here are some interesting streaming releases from the past week: Young Adult, Whale Wars (new season), Vanilla Sky, Stake Land, Scream, Sexy Beast, S.W.A.T., Red Dawn, The Presidio, The Last of the Mohicans, Kung Fu Panda: Holiday, The English Patient, Commando, Batman: The Movie, Apocalypse Now, and Half Baked.

I've been wanting to see "Stake Land" for a while now.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 12-06-2012, 02:52 PM   #794
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Young Adult is pretty freaking good.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:32 PM   #795
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Is this accurate? I watched part of Vanilla Sky and Red Dawn on Netflix streaming a few weeks ago. I could have sworn I saw Last of the Mohicans available, too.

Edit: just looked at my history and I watched Vanilla Sky on 9/14 and Red Dawn on 7/9. I wonder if they often recycle "new" releases?
how do you know?

Last edited by CraigSca : 12-06-2012 at 03:34 PM.
CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:08 PM   #796
A-Husker-4-Life
College Prospect

Todd & the Book of Pure Evil..

It's a cross between Evil Dead and a High School Drama. It's a fun show to watch.

Last edited by A-Husker-4-Life : 12-06-2012 at 04:09 PM.
A-Husker-4-Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #797
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Young Adult is pretty freaking good.

I really wanted to like this movie. A great cast, but at the end of it, I realized that I had just spent an hour and a half watching a horrible person acting horrible without any kind of self-realization or anything. The main character was completely unredeeming and not in a very entertaining or charming way (say, like a character from Seinfeld or something). She started horrible and self-centered and stayed that way. When the movie ended I was just glad that I didn't have to be in her presence any longer. Not even the fact that she was Charlize Theron could save her. (And that's saying a lot.)
Old 12-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #798
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I was more into Patton Oswalt's peformance I guess. :shrug. I thought he was pretty awesome in the movie.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:45 PM   #799
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I was more into Patton Oswalt's peformance I guess. :shrug. I thought he was pretty awesome in the movie.

I thought he was great too, which just made me all the more irritated at Charlize.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:22 PM   #800
PilotMan
Head Coach

If you need your Uwe Boll, video game movie fix, Far Cry is also available today.

Like Steam?