Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-26-2014, 04:30 PM   #51
sabotai
General Manager

FC Bayern wins the Bundesliga and the German Cup. And I get relegated....you win this round FC Bayern, but I'll be back, whether it's with 1860 Münich or not...

sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 05:21 PM   #52
sabotai
General Manager

2015-16 Season

Initial Budget: $400k per week
Transfer Budget: $5.82M

I can do something that. And if I'm going to go out, I'm going out swinging. That transfer budget is getting used (first things first, I'm going to up my payroll budget but then use the few million left over to grab me a few players)

Christopher Schindler asked to be moved to a bigger club. I've convinced him to stay for now.

A bid for Sabusi came in, but it's back to the low end and from a different club. Maybe it'll continue to grow and this time I'll sell him if the price is high again.

Osako made it clear that he does not want to be here anymore. It wasn't even "I think I want to move to a bigger team" but "I want out".

I am on thin ice with the board, so when I was asked for my expectations for the season (My choices: "Promotion" and "Winner") I said fuck it, I'll go with Winner and get a bigger budget.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:37 PM   #53
sabotai
General Manager

Yunus Malli - 23yo - Turkish - AM(C) - 3.5 / 4.5

$20.5K per week, gets bumped to $26.5K if he plays in an international match. He was on Mainz but he was transfer listed. The fee was small (only $56k)

I've made the 4-2DM-3-1 (AM Triangle) my default formation now, and aside from upgrading the D(R) position, no one on my team was capable of pulling off the AM(C) role, except for Stoppelkamp but he's my main guy on the wing.

I did try going after a player who is already 4.5 stars, and was set to leave his current team on a free, but he flat out told me that he didn't think I could afford him and we never did negotiate any contract terms.

7/1/2015: Friendly (H) Win 2-1 vs. Spartak Moscow.

German Cup Draw: We draw Solingen (non-division) for the first round.

7/6/2015: Friendly (H): Win 4-1 vs. Ulm.

I keep getting offers for Schindler and Stark. And they are offering money in the $5M range. They are both 4 star players and both are in their mid 20s. I have ambitions for being a top team in Germany...

While Schindler is 25, I do think that Isaac Donkor and Daniel Hofstetter would perform....adequately as the two central defenders.

Stark....I do have Stahl and Wennenwetsch to play the two DM roles.

Maybe I should just sell them. I can see them getting mad about being on a 2.Bundesliga team and bringing down morale. Plus, Donkor and Hofstetter both have high potential.

But I need to win now....ugh....if only we had made 15th instead of 17th and stayed in Bundesliga.

I've also been getting offers for 16 year old D(R) Kristijan Con. Right now they are at $2.6M. But I can't find a D(R) out there and, well, I guess 16 year old Kristijian Con is going to start at D(R) for me. ( 1 / 4.5 stars)

7/11/2014: Friendly (H): Win 1-0 vs. Zavrc.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:50 PM   #54
sabotai
General Manager

Stephan Hain has been sold. He goes to Paderborn for a fee of $350k, plus $75k if he reaches 20 goals.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:53 PM   #55
sabotai
General Manager

oops, wasn't aware players under 17 were ineligible to play on the senior team. Kristijian Con will turn 17 in January, so he'll play on the U19 team until then.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:05 PM   #56
sabotai
General Manager

7/16/2015: Division (A): Draw 2-2 vs. Cottbus. I told them I wasn't happy with this result and they responded well.

Wolfburg buy our young player, 16 year old M/AM (L) Michael Schneider, for $2M. He's behind Marco as far as our "left winger of the future" goes and, all these offers are too tempting. $2M for a 16 year old that is behind another young player is too good of a deal.

7/24/2015: Division (A): Lose 0-1 vs. Ingostadt.

8/1/2015: German Cup (A): Win 3-0 vs. Solingen.

I sold D(C) Christopher Schindler to Augsburg for $4.5M. It was tough but I guess it was time to let him go.

German Cup Draw: We drew Werder Bremen (D1)

8/9/2015: Division (A): Win 3-0 vs. Osnabrück.

I moved Marco, our young prospect winger (on the left side), to the senior squad at the beginning of the year. Adlung plays on the left side and maybe he's feeling the pressure because he's been on fire so far. 3 league games, 3 goals.

I resigned on of the players I let go at the end of the year, Moritz Volz, to fill the hole at D(R), seeing that I couldn't find anyone to play there. At least, no one I could afford, and I wasn't going to spend millions in a transfer fee to sign a 3 or 3.5 star player when I had Volz sitting there on the market. Besides, my board is being strick with money for salaries right now even though we have a ton of budget room now.

8/16/2015: Division (A): Win 4-3 vs. Kaiserlautern. Stoppelkamp was injured in this one and will be out for 3 months. It's going to be very tough to keep my job now.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:17 AM   #57
sabotai
General Manager

8/23/2015: Division (H): Win 1-0 vs. Bochum. Bochum turned into thugs at the end, getting 2 yellows and a red in the last 10 minutes.

8/29/2015: Division (A): Lose 0-2 vs. Aue.

Lots of action at the transfer deadline.

I sign Markus Mendler, 22 year old winger ( 2 / 4 ), $18.5k per week.

I sign Aniello Cutola, 32 year old winger ( 4 / 4 ). I paid Pescara a transfer fee of $475k, and he signed a $22.5k per week deal.

I sign Danny da Costa, 22 year old defender (right) ( 3 / 4 ). I paid a transfer fee of $3.1M to get him, and got him signed to a $33k per week (second highest salary) contract until 2018. He also got a "Minimum release" clause of $7M (meaning I have to accept a transfer bid for him if someone offers $7M).

I sell one of my young players, 16 year old winger Marco Stolz to Freiburg for $1M.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:22 AM   #58
sabotai
General Manager

9/5/2015: Division (H): Lose 0-2 vs. Paderborn.

The Board gave me a talking to....

Yunus Malli was injured in the Paderborn game and will miss 2 weeks.

9/14/2015: Division (A): Win 2-0 vs. Aalen.

Osako is again moaning about wanting to be moved. I told him I'd let him go at the end of the season. I'm hoping promotion will change his mind. If I don't make promotion, well, I won't be around to need to keep that promise.

We have 3 games in a 5 day period coming up. I might be gone at the end of the week.

9/21/2015: Division (H): Draw 1-1 vs. Dresden.

9/23/2015: German Cup (A): Lose 0-3 vs. Werder Bremen.

9/25/2015: Division (A): Win 3-1 vs. Fürth. Most of my guys were really tired and still managed to win big.
Old 07-27-2014, 04:54 PM   #59
sabotai
General Manager

Board Confidence: 48%

Squad Harmony and First Team Youth Signings are keeping me from being fired right now.

10/4/2015: Division (H): Win 1-0 vs. Hannover. Recent signing Cutolo gets his first goal.

M(C) / DM / AM(C) - Ousim Bouy - Dutch - 22 years old. Transfer cost of $2.2M, signed a deal for $28.5k per week. ( 3.5 / 4 ). Yannick Stark is better at the defensive part of the Defensive Midfielder than the "midfielder" part. Bouy is the opposite, much better at passing, dribbling, etc. and more suited to supporting attacks.

I have made three 4-2-3-1 "AM Triangle" tactics (standard, attacking, defensive (counter)), with the defensive one having 2 Anchor Man DMs (this goes against everything I've read about making tactics, having 2 DMs with the same role, but I've been running this tactic almost exclusively for the last month (since the Aalen game) and, aside from the German Cup game, my team has done well). I think the main reason being is that I've been playing Stark in the "deep-lying playmaker" role when it doesn't exactly suit him. He's much better at defensive roles than supporting roles. Stahl is a slightly lesser version of Stark, and Wannenwetsch is more of an athletic "jack-of-all-trades" type player, not excelling at anything.

Switching to the defensive tactic has put Stahl and Stark in roles better suited for them.

Bouy will give us that DM player that can truly support an attack. But he's not as athletic as Wannenwetsch, he's fairly average there. And Bouy's mental attributes lag behind Wannenwetsch as well (technical, Bouy is decently ahead). Once Bouy gets here, I'm going to need to through him on some Off The Ball and Positioning training. The transfer will go through on January 1st, 2016.

10/11/2015: Friendly (H): Draw 1-1 vs. FC Bayern II.

10/18/2015: Division (H): Win 4-1 vs. FC Köln. We scored 3 goals in the first 7 minutes and got the 4th in the 18th minute.

10/21/2015: Division (A): Draw 2-2 vs. FSV Frankfurt.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:07 PM   #60
sabotai
General Manager

Board Confidence: 53%

That injury to Stoppelkamp might have been a career changer for him. He suffered a bit of damage to his attributes (some of them dropped a full point). My staff now rates him as either a 3/3 or 3.5/3.5, and have him either equal or behind Cutolo.

11/1/2015: Division (A): Win 4-3 vs. Duisburg. We went up 3-0, but gave up a goal right before half time and then 2 more right after. Cutolo buried the game winner in the 72nd minute. Adlung had 2 more goals. He's having the year that Stoppelkamp had 2 years ago.

My contract runs out in June of next year and a few times I've been given a button in my messages about requesting a new contract. I don't want to push my luck so I haven't demanded anything yet.

11/8/2015: Division (H): Win 1-0 vs. St. Pauli. Stoppelkamp makes his return for about 30 minutes before getting injured again (2 more weeks)

11/15/2015: Friendly (H): Win 4-2 vs. Ulm.

D(C) / SW - Leobardo López - Mexican - 32 years old. $19.5k per week unitl 2017, free transfer. Hofstetter and Rech have both been underwhelming at D(C), Isaac Donkor has been great. López will fill the role for the next year or two while Hofstetter improves or I find another long-term solution.

11/23/2015: Division (A): Draw 1-1 vs. Braunschweig.

11/29/2015: Division (H): Win 5-3 vs. Union Berlin.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:58 PM   #61
sabotai
General Manager

Board Confidence: 58%

12/5/2015: Friendly (H): Draw 1-1 vs. Levski.

12/13/2015: Division (A): Draw 1-1 vs. Cottbus. Cottbus is at the bottom of the standings. We can't settle for draws here. We are still in 1st place, but only by 1 pint over Bochum, Köln and Inglostadt.

Markus Mendler is complaining about lack of first team time. Ugh. I wasn't expecting Adlung to catch fire the way he has. Now I have too many wingers.

12/18/2015: Division (H): Win 3-0 vs. Inglostadt.

Benjamin Lauth wants a new challenge. I switched to a 1 striker formation and there hasn't been much room for him anymore. I told him I'd let him go at the end of the season.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:16 PM   #62
sabotai
General Manager

Well now that we are at the midway point and my contract is up in 6 months, I think now's a good time to discuss things. They're not having any of it.

1/5/2016: Friendly (H): Win 4-0 vs. FC Bayern II. Stoppelkamp injured again. He'll be out 5-6 weeks. They had 14 fouls and picked up 4 yellows and a red.

Gábor Király announced that he will be retiring at the end of the season. Hopefully Eicher will be ready for primetime when next year begins.

1/11/2016: Friendly (H): Win 2-0 vs. Litex.

1/17/2016: Friendly (H): Lose 0-1 vs. Mainz.

1/21/2016: Friendly (A): Win 2-0 vs. Hannover.

I sell one of my prospects (3.5 star potential) to Freiburg for $400k and 25% of the next deal's profit.

1/26/2016: Friendly (A): Lose 1-2 vs. FK Austria Wien.

2/1/2016: Friendly (H): Win 3-0 vs. Buchbach.

I'm still getting offers in the $4M range for Sabusi, but he's progressing very quickly and now I'm more than happy to just keep him.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:15 AM   #63
sabotai
General Manager

Here's the rundown of my tactics, which are probably terrible.

4-2-3-1 Standard
Mentality: Standard
Fluidity: Balanced
Team Instructions: Drill Crosses, Play Wider

ST - Advanced Forward - Attack (Player Instructions: Hold Position, Move Into Channels)
AML - Inside Forward - Attack
AMR - Inside Forward - Attack
AMC - Attacking Midfielder - Support (Player Instruction: Move Into Channels)
DM - Deep-Lying Playmaker - Support
DM - Anchor Man - Defend
DL - Fullback - Defend
DR - Fullback - Defend
DC - Central Defender - Defend

4-2-3-1 Attack
Mentality: Attacking
Team Instructions: Higher Tempo, Play Wider, Drill Crosses, Work Ball Into Box

ST - Advanced Forward - Attack (Player Instructions: Hold Position, Move Into Channels)
AML - Inside Forward - Attack
AMR - Inside Forward - Attack
AMC - Attacking Midfielder - Support (Player Instruction: Move Into Channels)
MC - Deep-Lying Playmaker - Support
MC - Ball-Winning Midfielder - Defend
DL - Wing Back - Support
DR - Wing Back - Support

4-2-3-1 Defend
Mentality: Counter
Team Instructions: Drop Deeper, Lower Tempo, Shorter Passing, Retain Possession, Drill Crosses

AML - Inside Forward - Support
AMR - Inside Forward - Support
AMC - Advanced Playmaker - Support (Player Instruction: Move Into Channels)
DM - Anchor Man - Defend
DM - Anchor Man - Defend
DL - Fullback - Defend
DR - Fullback - Defend

Over the last three months, I'd say I was in the Defend tactic about 75% of the time. I was in Attack most of the rest of the time, but that was a 2 DM tactic. I've changed it during the break to be more attacking and have my standard be a bit more like the old attacking tactic and that will be my default tactic.

2/8/2016: Division (A): Win 1-0 vs. Osnabrück.

2/14/2016: Division (H): Win 1-0 vs. Kaiserlautern. First half was played in Defend with Stark and Stahl in the DM spots and Bouy in AMC. At half time, We switch to Standard, moved Bouy into Stahl's spot and subbed on Yunus Malli for the AMC position. I wanted Malli fresh for the 2nd half. Osako scored the game's only goal in the 65th minute.

I've built a little lead in 2.Bundesliga. We have 44 points, 2nd, 3rd and 4th are tied with 38.

2/21/2016: Division (A): Lose 0-1 vs. Bochum. Standard for most, Attack after the 70th minute. First lose in 14 games.

2/28/2016: Division (H): Draw 2-2 vs. Aue.
Old 07-28-2014, 01:10 AM   #64
sabotai
General Manager

Board Confidence: 56%

Hannover caught up to use quickly and are just 2 points behind now.

3/5/2016: Division (A): Lose 1-3 vs. Paderborn. López had a terrible game (5.9). Uncharacteristic of him.

3/13/2016: Division (H): Win 1-0 vs. Aalen. Adlung has fallen back to Earth. His recent form has been very average.

3/21/2016: Division (A): Win 2-0 vs. Dresden. Stoppelkamp makes a statement in this one, scoring both of our goals.

Markus Mender has decided he'd like to stay. I've been working him in more, especially now that Adlung's been nonstop 6.6 +/- 0.1 for the last several weeks.

3/23/2016: Division (H): Lose 0-2 vs. Fürth. We allowed 28 shots, only had 7. Really hate these scheduling issues getting 2 games in 3 days...

3/28/2016: Division (A): Draw 1-1 vs. Hannover. We are tied with Hannover for #1 spot, but they get the tie break (GD, we have +15, they have +24)

New Youth Candidates
AMC, ST - Mohammad Karnib - 4.5 / 4.5
DR - Matthias Fahrenholz - 5 / 4
DM - Luca Bastians - 4 / 4

The rest are 3 stars or less potential. I signed those three to youth contracts.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:34 PM   #65
sabotai
General Manager

Board Confidence: 54%

4/1/2016: Division (A): Lose 0-1 vs. FSV Frankfurt. We had 16 shots, only 3 on target.

4/11/2016: Division (A): Win 2-1 vs. FC Köln.

4/17/2016: Division (H): Win 3-1 vs. Duisburg.

4/23/2016: Division (A): Draw 2-2 vs. St. Pauli. López has been a force off the corner kicks. He has 3 goals since joining, including 1 in this one.

The division is now a 3 way tie at 59 points (and I'm sitting at 3rd because of GD), with one team at 58. 2 Games left...

5/1/2016: Division (H): Lose 0-1 vs. Braunschweig. This one might have cost me my job, but Köln and Hannover also lost their games. I can still pull it off, but I'm going to need some help. I think maybe I let my (apparent) previous success with my Defend tactic cloud my judgement (Truth is, thinking about it, it actually hasn't been that effective except in a few games. I should analyse my games more to see why a tactic worked or not....). I stayed in my Defend tactic all game. I was going to switch out of it, but I kept getting pressure, it just never materialized into a goal...

5/8/2016: Division (A): Draw 1-1 vs. Union Berlin. And the 3 teams I was racing with all won (so it wouldn't have mattered if I won or not). Yeah....I'm about to get fired.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:49 PM   #66
sabotai
General Manager

Stoppelkamp asks for a transfer...

I requested a new contract and they said "not now". I leaked it to the press () and gave the typical PR response.

Osako asks for a transfer...

Well, I'm surprised that they offered me a new contract. I am signed until 2018, at $9,000 per week (pretty sizable pay cut). I will get a $100k bonus if I win promotion as well as an increase of 25% in salary. I'll be getting a 15% raise next year regardless.

There is also a clause cutting my salary by 35% if I get relegated, but I'm sure I'd be out of a job if that happened.

The catch: I have a transfer budget of only $275k and a payroll budget of $550k. I am currently at that budget limit. Chances are, a few of the higher paid players will not accept staying on the club, so I'm sure I'll be freeing a salary or two.

Last edited by sabotai : 07-28-2014 at 02:53 PM.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:19 PM   #67
sabotai
General Manager

Stoppelkamp now says he wants to stay.

The Board have updated the budgets for the coming year.
Transfer: $3.17M ; Payroll: $585k

6/26/2016: Friendly (A): Draw 2-2 Kaiserlautern.

Gábor Király has officially retired and Benjamin Lauth has left the team (turns out he never hit even that 10 games extension clause and he wanted to leave anyway). With their departures, I have ~$38k per week in budget room.

DC Isaac Donkor gets a new deal. $14k per week until 2019.

Three teams offered transfer bids for Osako. I've accepted them, they're all in the $3.5M range and we'll see what happens.

Kristijan Con is a current member of the Germany Under 19 team. Marco is on Spain's Under 19 club.

7/1/2016: Friendly (H): Win 1-0 vs. FK Austria Wien.

German Cup Draw 1st Round: Lübeck

Interesting dilemma. I got an offer for da Costa, my Defender (Right). He is costing me a lot ($41k per week after his recent raise), and provided me an average rating of 6.86 for it last year. He's young, 22, and could become a great player.

But I have Kristijan Con, who is not as good yet, but has more potential. The bid was for $3.3M, I upped it to $3.5M plus $375k after da Costa appears in 10 games and they accepted. We'll see what happens.

7/6/2016: Friendly (A): Win 1-0 vs. Ajax.

Da Costa signs with Freiburg. We unload a big contract and get $3.5M in return.

Osako signs with Hannover (promoted last year). We get $3M. (Osako got a contract from Hannover for $68k per week. Nice pay day for him.)

7/11/2016: Friendly (H): Win 5-2 vs. Victoria Köln.

Bobby Shou Wood is now starting to make noise about moving to a bigger club.

7/15/2016: Division (H): Win 2-0 vs. Osnabrück. Good to start off with a win, even with Wood away for international play (and won't be back until we're several games into the season)
Old 07-28-2014, 11:19 PM   #68
sabotai
General Manager

Tactics

So I've worked on my tactics more after doing more reading, and I'm probably making it worse, but whatevs.

4-2-3-1 AM Triangle (Standard)

Team Instructions: Drill Crosses, Play Wider, More Direct Passing, Work Ball Into Box

ST - Poacher (Attack) (Hold Position, Move Into Channels)
AML - Inside Forward (Attack)
AMC - Attacking Midfielder (Support)
AMR - Inside Forward (Attack)
DM - Deep-Lying Playmaker (Support) (Roam From Position)
DM - Ball-Winning Midfielder (Defend)
DL - Wingback (Support) (Run Wide With Ball, Stay Wider)
DC - Central Defender (Defend)
DC - Ball-Playing Defender (Defend)
DR - Wingback (Support) (Run Wide With Ball, Stay Wider)

With the Inside Forward roles, my wingers go on the attack and get inside. What I think was happening (being that I don't usually watch matches - just let the commentary go by quickly - and even if I did, I probably wouldn't really know what I was seeing anyway) was that, because I had the defender wingers on Defend, there was this void on the outside that my team wasn't covering.

From what I read, having the AM wingers be Inside Forwards means that I need to put the defender wingers in a support role (or Fullback - Attack) to cover the area above them.

One DC is a Ball-Playing Defender. That's López because of his passing ability. If he's not in there, I revert that back to a Central Defender role.

4-2-1-2-1 Defend
Mentality: Counter

Team Instructions: Drop Deeper, Drill Crosses, Shorter Passing, Retain Possession

MC - Advanced Playmaker (Attack)
DM - Ball-Winning Midfielder (Support)
DM - Anchor Man (Defend)

The main changes are: The AMC is pulled back to the MC position and becomes an Advanced Playmaker, the Deep-Lying Playmaker is changed to a a Ball-Winning Midfielder (Support), And the the BWM (Defend) player becomes an Anchor Man. I also tell my guys to pass shorter, retain possession and hassle opponents (to try to create counter attacking chances).

4-2-3-1 Attack

Team Instructions: Drill Crosses, Play Wider, More Direct Passing, Work Ball Into Box, Higher Tempo

AMC - Attacking Midfielder (Attack)
MC - Deep-Lying Playmaker (Support)
MC - Ball-Winning Midfielder (Defend)

Not much changes. The DMs move up to MCs, The AMC goes from Support to Attack and add the shout "Higher Tempo".

Let the disaster that is my strategy begin...
Old 07-28-2014, 11:55 PM   #69
sabotai
General Manager

2016-2017 Roster

Star ratings based on what my Assistant Coach says (17 JPA, 16 JPP), ordered by Ability

Goalkeepers
Vitus Eicher - GER - 25yo - 3 / 3 ($8.25k p/w , expires June, 2017)
Sven Müller - GER - 20yo - 2 / 2.5 ($4.9k p/w , 2018)
Michael Netolitzky - GER - 22yo - 2 / 4 ($2.2k p/w , 2017)
Daniel Martinez - ESP - 18yo - 1.5 / 4 ($6.25k p/w , 2018) - loaned out
Tobias Beck - GER - 17yo - 1 / 3.5 ($725 p/w , 2018)
Karl-Heinz Schmitt - GER - 16yo - 5 / 4 ($85 p/w , 2019)

Eicher will be the main starter this year, but I'll be giving Netolitzky some playing time as well. Müller will play for the Reserve Squad. Beck and Schmitt on the U19 squad.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:17 AM   #70
sabotai
General Manager

Defenders (Central)
Leobardo López - MEX - 32yo - 4 / 4 ($19.5k , 2017)
Isaac Donkor - GHA - 20yo - 3.5 / 4 ($14k , 2020)
Christoph Rech - GER - 23yo - 2 / 2.5 ($7.25k , 2018)
Andreas Hartmann - GER - 17yo - 1.5 / 3.5 ($575 , 2018)
Philipp Walter - GER - 20yo - 1.5 / 2 ($1.2k , 2019)
Haguibo Soro - GER - 17yo - 1 / 3 ($600 , 2018)
Claudio Maier - GER - 16yo - 4 / 2 ($85 , 2018)
Mario Rott - GER - 15yo - 4 / 2 ($85 , 2018)
Christopher Thaller - 15yo - 4 / 3.5 ($140 , 2019)

López and Donkor are the clear starters. Rech will be the main backup for either of them, but I'd like to get a bit more depth here. Hartmann will be on the U19 squad, but might get called up at some point in the season to get first-team experience. Other than 15 year old Thaller, though, I don't have a potential star in the pipeline at all.

Defenders (Left)
Markus Suttner - AUT - 29yo - 4 / 4 ($25k , 2017)
Stefan Kreß - GER - 15yo - 4 / 2 ($140 , 2019)
Tobias Schultz - GER - 15yo - 2 / 1 ($140 , 2019)

Defenders (Right)
Kristijan Con - GER - 17yo - 2.5 / 4.5 ($1.4k , 2018)
Moritz Volz - GER - 33yo - 2 / 2 ($9.5k , 2017)
Matthias Fahrenholz - 15yo - 1 / 5 ($85 , 2020)
José Alberto - GER - 16yo - 1 / 4 ($85 , 2018)
Janik Herberger - GER - 16yo - 5 / 3.5 ($85 , 2019)
Mamadou Traoré - GER - 15yo - 4 / 3 ($85 , 2018)

Suttner is the starter on the left, Con on the right. Volz can play either side, and Rech can play on the wings too, so if Con or Suttner go down or leave for international play, I can plug them in temporarily.

Fahrenholz and Alberto are potential stars, but...Con is going to be the star...I need to teach them the left side.

Back Four: Suttner - Donkor - López - Con
Backups: Volz, Rech
Old 07-29-2014, 12:48 AM   #71
sabotai
General Manager

Defensive Midfielders (Midfielders for Attack)
Yannick Stark - GER - 25yo - 4.5 / 4.5 ($34.5k , 2017)
Ouasim Bouy - NED - 23yo - 4 / 4.5 ($32.5k , 2018)
Stefan Wannenwetsch - GER - 24yo - 4 / 4 ($29.5k , 2017)
Dominik Stahl - GER - 27yo - 3.5 / 3.5 ($25k , 2017)
Joseph-Antoine Tchoumi - GER - 17yo - 1.5 / 3.5 ($500 , 2017) - loaned out
Alexander Wagner - GER - 16yo - 1 / 3.5 ($85 , 2019)
Daniel Langner - GER - 16yo - 1 / 4 ($85 , 2019)
Luca Bastians - GER - 15yo - 5 / 4.5 ($140 , 2019)
Stefan Bönig - GER - 15yo - 4 / 2 ($85 , 2018)
Stefan Hein - GER - 15yo - 2 / 1 ($85 , 2018)

Stark, Bouy, Wannenwetsch, and Stahl make up a great line up for my DM spot. They can all also play in the MC spot. Stark and Wannenwetsch are the starters, but Bouy and Stahl will get tons of playing time. Bouy is a bit one-dimensional, much better at supporting an attack and I'll favor his playing time for the Attack and Standard tactics. Wannenwetsch can play any role, Stahl is a defender. Stark is better at defensive roles, but is so good that he's also better at support than any of the other players. Except maybe Bouy, but only out of the MC spot (Bouy's natural position).

I might have made Bouy the starter at DM, but I am lacking depth at AMC, so Bouy is going to be a utility guy, backing up not only the DMs, but also backing up the AMC, and giving that his natural position is MC, he'll be coming on for one of the DMs when I go Attack, and coming on for the AMC when I go Defend.

I also have Bastians, Langner and Wagner coming through the pipeline and they all look to be very good. Wagner is only a 3.5 prospect, but has good defensive attributes, he's more of a one dimensional DM. Langner looks like a good all-around player and it's too early to tell on Bastians.

Attacking Midfielders (Midfielders on Defend)
Yunus Malli - TUR - 24yo - 4 / 4.5 ($22.5k , 2018)
Julien Weigl - GER - 20yo - 2 / 3.5 ($4.6k , 2018) - loaned out
Florian Rauscher - GER - 16yo - 1 / 3.5 ($85 , 2018)
Iasonas Moumos - GRE - 17yo - 1 / 3.5 ($625 , 2018) - loaned out
Felix Wallner - GER - 15yo - 3.5 / 2 ($140 , 2019)
Sebastian Duhnke - GER - 15yo - 2.5 / 1.5 ($140 , 2019)

Malli is the clear starter and Bouy will be his main backup. I have some prospects that could be good at AMC. I'm bloated at ST prospect wise and I might try training one or two of them in the AMC role.

AM Triangle: DM Stark, DM Wannanwetsch, AM Malli
Backups: DM Stahl, DM/AM Bouy
Old 07-29-2014, 01:06 AM   #72
sabotai
General Manager

Attacking Midfielder Left
Marco - ESP - 18yo - 3.5 / 5 ($1.2k , 2018)
Daniel Adlung - GER - 28yo - 3.5 / 3.5 ($24k , 2017)
Aniello Cutolo - ITA - 33yo - 3.5 / 3.5 ($22.5k , 2017)
Bernd Pollman - GER - 16yo - 4.5 / 3 ($85 , 2018)

Attacking Midfielder Right
Moritz Stoppelkamp - GER - 29yo - 3.5 / 3.5 ($41k , 2017)
Markus Mendler - GER - 23yo - 3 / 4 ($20.5k , 2018)
Metehan Subasi - TUR - 17yo - 2 / 4.5 ($700 , 2018)
Kodjovi Koussou - TOG - 24yo - 2 / 3.5 ($7.75k , 2017)
Daniel Hägler - GER - 19yo - 2 / 3.5 ($5k , 2018)
Max Endres - GER - 15yo - 3.5 / 4 ($140 , 2019)
Gerold Franz - GER - 15yo - 1.5 / 1.5 ($140 , 2019)

Most of them can play both sides. Sabusi is only "Competent" at AM(L) and I'm currently training him in that position to make him better there.

It's time for Marco to join the first-team, but I'm not sure I'm going to have him be the starter. I'm weary of playing an 18 year old for 90 minutes week in and week out.

Other potential quality players are Hägler and Endres. I think Koussou is what happens when you loan a player out too often.

Starting Wingers: Cutolo, Stoppelkamp
Backups: Marco, Adlung, Mendler, Subasi

Looking at their attributes, Cutolo is much better at the Inside Forward role than Adlung. But, there will be quite a bit of rotation.

Last edited by sabotai : 07-29-2014 at 01:31 AM.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:29 AM   #73
sabotai
General Manager

Strikers
Bobby Shou Wood - USA - 23yo - 4 / 4 ($17.25k , 2018)
Uros Dimitrijevic - GER - 16yo - 2.5 / 5 ($85 , 2018)
Nils Quascher - GER - 22yo - 2.5 / 4.5 ($13.25k , 2018)
Fejsal Mulic - SRB - 21yo - 2 / 2.5 ($5k, 2017)
Lars Wölfel - GER - 16yo - 1.5 / 4 ($85 , 2018)
Muhammad Karnib - GER - 15yo - 1 / 4.5 ($140 , 2020)
Tobias Schmidt - GER - 16yo - 4.5 / 2 ($85 , 2018)
Christopher Romminger - GER - 15yo - 4 / 3.5 ($85 , 2018)
François Yao - GER - 16yo - 3.5 / 2 ($85 , 2017)
Matthias Nees - GER - 15yo - 2 / 1 ($140 , 2019)

Bobby Shou Wood is the starter, but while playing internationally, Nils Quascher gets the nod. Dimitrijevic is progressing very quickly. He's gained 1.5 stars in one year (Head of Youth Development gives him 2.5 / 5 too, and he had him 1 / 5 when he joined the team). If Bobby Shou Wood, wants to leave, we've got many options.

Starter: Bobby Shou Wood
Backups: Nils Quascher, Fejsal Mulic
Old 07-29-2014, 01:32 AM   #74
sabotai
General Manager

And just as I go through all that, Wannanwetsch tells me he wants to move to a bigger club. He's even leaked his unhappiness to the press. So Stahl or Bouy might end up starting afterall.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:35 PM   #75
sabotai
General Manager

Kristijan Con will be out for a month due to a sports hernea.

7/22/2016: Division (A): Draw 0-0 vs. Aue.

8/1/2016: German Cup (A): Win 8-0 vs. Lübeck. I thought this would be an easy win, but damn. Marco played the whole game and scored 3 goals. Nils Quascher scored 4, with Isaac Donkor getting the lone goal.

I might regret this, but I've decided to sell Daniel Adlung, and to a division rival (Braunschweig). They're giving me $1.9M plus 10% of the next sale.

German Cup Draw: I draw Nürnberg for the 2nd round.

8/7/2016: Division (H) : Lose 0-2 vs. FSV Frankfurt.

My inbox is being flooded with bids for my young players, but they are mostly offers of $200k-$750k. I'm not selling a 4.5 or 5 star prospects for that amount!

8/13/2016: Division (A): Win 1-0 vs. Cottbus. Was in my defend tactic for this game while I played some backups/young players to get them on the field. I don't have enough players to field a reserve team this year, so I need to keep my guys rotating in and out to keep them all match fit.

With all the sales I've made, my transfer budget has gone up to nearly $9.5M and I have $120k per week of payroll budget to offer. I just can't find any players I need or want.

I've been sending my scouts out to look for any 4 star (or better) recommendations, but I've been looking specifically for DCs, GK (who is already a 4 or better Ability) and AMC prospects. I think I found an AMC prospect to grab, but there doesn't seem to be any DC (prospect or veteran) available or good GKs....

And I think it's time I cashed in on Sabusi. A team (in Turkey) offered $6.5M for him. I took it. The transfer will go through in June, 2017.

AMC / MC - Ante Roguljic - CRO -20yo - 2.5 / 4.5
Transfer: $1.5M, Contract: $15k p/w, until 2020, Squad Rotation. Bouy has proven to be fragile and Malli gets winded. I also needed a young prospect at the AMC spot. I'll be using him on rotation and we'll see how he progresses. Not the most athletic guy, but has a few high technicals already (Dribbling: 14, First Touch: 15, Passing: 13, Technique: 15). He needs some work but could be our next starter is Malli leaves in the next few years.

Selling Sabusi for $6.5M ($6M upfront, another $500k over 12 months) and buying Rogulijic for $1.5M has given me a transfer budget of $11.9M

Kristijan Con finally resumes full training.

My Assistant Coach told me that he feels Nils Quascher is ready for first-team action.....way to pay attention assman.

8/21/2016: Division (H): Draw 2-2 vs. RB Leipzig. We had a 2-0 lead and squandered it. This game did mark the return of Bobby Shou Wood who got us started with a goal in the 3rd minute.

Wannanwetsch is determined to be off the squad. The only offers I'm getting are from teams in the division. I sold Adlung in the division, I don't see myself selling Wannanwetsch to a rival.

López and Mendler came to me and expressed concern that the team is under-achieving. First off, López has had to be replaced in a few games already this year because of poor play, and Mendler, in his stints coming off the bench, hasn't played well either. Yeah, we're under-achieving, guess why...(besides me sucking at making tactics...)

8/29/2016: Division (A): Draw 1-1 vs. Dresden. We thoroughly outplayed them, had 18 shots, 9 on target, they had 7 shots, 3 on target. They just wouldn't go in...

Here's the dilemma I keep running into on transfers. I'm about to a sign a player that, by all accounts, would be a major signing for a second level team. I'm about to drop $4.5M in transfer budget money, and give the guy the biggest salary on my team. But I look at his attributes, and he's not much better than the guys I already have. I mean, in most areas he's...better....but is he THAT much better? Well, I have all this money, I might as well...

DC / DM - Jan Kirchoff - GER - 25yo - 4 / 4
Transfer: $4.5M, $42.5k per week , highest earner clause, signed to 2019, a slew of the typical bonuses that are higher than anyone else on the team.
As I said in the mini-rant above, best DC on the team....but not [i]so]/i] much better than Donkor or López. Kirchoff is fast (Pace: 18) but not fast (Acc: 8, Agi: 8). He is strong (Str: 16) and can jump (Jump: 18). Heading: 13, Tackling: 16, Marking: 15, Anticipation: 16, Composure: 15, Decisions: 15, Positioning: 15, Teamwork: 18....He's just a more complete defender than Donkor and López, but not a whole 'nother level above them, but I hope that makes it worth the $4.5M I dropped on him plus that large salary.

The deal got done and signed an hour before the transfer deadline.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:56 PM   #76
sabotai
General Manager

Board Confidence: 44%

They weren't much happy about the sale of Adlung and our under-achieving start to the year.

September 6, 2016: Division (A): Win 3-0 vs. Bochum

Unavailable (International): Con, Donkor, Wood, Marco, Roguljic

Tactic: 4-2-3-1 Triangle (Standard)
GK Netolitzky
DL Suttner
DC Kirchhoff
DC López
DR Volz
DM Wannenwetsch
DM Stark
AML Mendler (off 70)
AMC Malli (off 70)
AMR Stoppelkamp
ST Quascher

AML Cutolo (on 70)
MC Bouy (on 70)

I saw Quascher sit with the ball outside of the box and then pass it. He should have tried to just shoot it, and I think it's the "Work Ball Into Box" instruction. I gave him the Player Instruction "Shoot More Often" to see if that will encourage him to shoot it despite the team instruction.

Stoppelkamp has high (for my team) ratings in the set pieces attributes, but he's terrible at them...he also had 17 crosses and connected on 1 of them (He has a 10 for Crossing)

GK Netolitzky's rating for the game was 7.2, but Bochum had 2 almost goals off of 2 mistakes he made. It's now been 270 minutes (according to the post match interview) since Netolitzky let up a goal. But man, he nearly blew that twice in this game.

Mendler had a 6.5, the only player to start the game to get lower than 7.0 (the two subs both had 6.8). He also had a few good looks, but his Finishing isn't very good (7) and his shots kept going into the side of the net.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:44 PM   #77
sabotai
General Manager

My Wingers and AMC situation

The more I look at my tactics, the more I realize that I've been handling my AMC and wingers a bit carelessly. I have my wingers playing as Inside Forwards. The point of my tactics, at least on the attack, is to have my wingers rush in towards the goal, have my poacher already in the middle and have my AMC dictate the action, passing it to whoever is in the best position to score. I haven't really been paying attention to this and have just gone after and played players based on their gold star rating (which I'm thinking might be just fool's gold.........see what I did there?)

First off, having "Play Wider" Team Instruction has been undermining that, but I'll go over tactic changes next post.

For my wingers, I've been focusing a bit too much on their passing and not enough on their Finishing. I don't really want them to be the assist men, feeding it to my striker all the time. It'd be great if they could, but I need them, especially with just one striker, to be able to bury that ball in the net.

Finishing - First Touch - Passing - Crossing scores
Stoppelkamp: 12 - 12 - 10 -10
Mendler: 7 - 11 - 11 - 12
Marco: 9 - 15 - 11 - 11
Cutolo: 13 - 13 - 13 - 14

There's a reason Mendler hasn't performed as well as his overall star rating should suggest. It's because he can't put the ball in the net. If I had a system where he would cross and pass more, he'd probably be performing better. Conversely, Stoppelkamp performs well in my system (I have no idea why or how he managed to attempt 17 crosses in the last game, though. I'm thinking it was a product of set pieces? He takes the corner kicks, so the ball bounces back his way and he just crosses it. Gets the ball on a throw in and crosses it? I'll have to watch for that)

They also need to do some running with the ball, unlike the striker who is always sitting there, ready to strike. The wingers will ideally 1) get the pass from the AMC as they are cutting in and 2) get loose balls/rebounds/etc. to the side and be able to dribble around a defender to either take a shot or pass it inside. (Not sure "Drill Crosses" is working the way I want it to. With the lack of a big target man, I should pull back on crossing in general...?)

Dribbling - Tech. - Acc. - Agi - Balance
Stoppelkamp: 14 - 13 - 13 - 14 - 9
Mendler: 13 - 11 - 14 - 11 - 11
Marco: 13 - 13 - 16 - 13 - 11
Cutolo: 13 - 16 - 13 - 14 - 11

Mendler isn't terrible there, but there's just enough of a difference between him and the other three that it's noticeable. (And Stoppelkamp used to be better. He's 29 and his attributes are now steadily, slowly but steadily, declining. I think because of those injuries last year.)

I've been trying for a good squad rotation, but I think Marco and Cutolo rotating regularly on the left, but Stoppelkamp being the starter for the right with Mendler only coming on sometimes (just enough to keep him match fit) will be how I handle this area of my roster.

Because of my formation, the AMC needs to be able to run with the ball, pass it, and when the chance presents itself, go for a long shot. He's the focal point of the attack, if all goes to plan.

Yunus Malli has been great so far, but he's shown that he won't hold up through a full season. Bouy's there to help him out sometimes, but I really try to save Bouy for when there's an MC (Attack/Defend tactics) because that's where he's best. But Bouy has also shwon himself to be fragile. Now that I have Roguljic, I can spell Malli if he needs it when I still want an AMC and/or have Bouy subbed in elsewhere. Roguljic also has low stamina, so neither will be a 90 minutes long, game in game out, type of player.

First Touch - Long Shots - Passing - Tech. - Anticipation - Decisions - Stamina
Roguljic: 15 - 11 - 13 - 15 - 12 - 12 - 8
Malli: 16 - 11 - 15 - 16 - 13 - 12 - 12
Bouy: 15 - 16 - 16 - 16 - 12 - 14 - 12

Based on attributes (those and some others), Bouy would stand out as the best. But as I said, Bouy's natural position is at MC, but from what I've read, if I play him at AMC enough, he'll eventually become "Natural". *shrug*. We'll see.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:04 PM   #78
sabotai
General Manager

Some changes to tactics

I took off the "Play Wider" and "Work Ball Into Box" Team Instructions.

For my Standard and Attack Tactics, I changed the AMC player from an "Attacking Midfielder" to "Advanced Playmaker".

For the Attack tactic, I changed the roles of the 2 MCs to be generic "Central Midfielders", one on Defend and one on Support.

I also changed the Ball-Playing Defender DC back to just a Central Defender. I thought López would take to that role well but I guess not.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:58 PM   #79
sabotai
General Manager

September 9, 2016:

1860 Münich (3-3-1 - 12pt) at Inglostadt (4-0-2 - 12pt)

Lineup
GK Eicher (6.9)
DL Suttner (6.7)
DC Kirchhoff (6.9)
DC Donkor (6.7) (off 65)
DR Con (7.0)
DM Stahl (6.8)
DM Stark (6.9)
AML Marco (6.9)
AMC Malli (6.8) (off 52) Injury
AMR Stoppelkamp (6.9)
ST Wood (6.3)

AMC Bouy (6.7) (on 52)
DC López (6.8) (on 65)

Half Time score was 0-0. They didn't really get close. Some shots but most were long range and had no chance. We had one really good look, that was Marco taking a pass from Malli but he sent it too wide. Like, really wide. Like, I was sure we were going to get a corner kick because it must have been deflected wide.

Almost disaster in the 55th minute deep in our side when Bouy cut in front of one of their players just as he passed it, the ball deflected off Bouy right to an opponent running full speed at our goal and nearly buried one. Eicher made a nice save, though.

Another scary moment in the 72nd minute. Long pass going across the field connects and my defense is caught flat footed. Eicher again makes a nice save.

In the 74th minute, Con gets fouled in the penalty area (apparently not a very good call) and Stoppelkamp scores on the penalty kick to give us the 1-0 lead. We've been losing possession most of the match, so I switch to my Defend tactic after the score.

Kirchhoff looked like he was going to have easy header goal off a corner kick, but instead he sends it out of bounds and it wasn't even close.

We hold on for the win.

1860 Münich 1 - 0 Ingostadt

10 - Shots - 13
4 - On Target - 3
4 - Fouls - 16
1 - YCs - 1
43% - Poss. - 57%

Yunus Malli out for 7-10 days, so he'll miss at least one game.

Make that two games. I have a game vs. Köln on the 19th and then the German Cup game on the 21st.

Last edited by sabotai : 07-30-2014 at 06:30 PM.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:44 PM   #80
sabotai
General Manager

September 19th, 2016

It's amazing just how often I have a match rescheduled to appear on TV right before a German Cup game...

FC Köln (4-1-3, 13pt) at 1860 Münich (4-3-1, 16pt)

Lineup
GK Netolitzky (6.8)
DL Suttner (7.4) - 1G
DC Rech (6.9)
DC López (6.8)
DR Volz (6.8)
DM Wannenwetsch (7.5) - 1A
DM Stahl (6.8)
AML Marco (6.8)
AMC Roguljic (6.8) (off 67)
AMR Mendler (6.8)
ST Quaschner (6.6)

AMC Bouy (6.7) (on 67)

Yup, mostly backups.

Suttner scored in the 21st minute off a nice pass from Wannenwetsch. My guys won possession for the first half, had a few good shots, but also gave a few good looks to the other team. Both teams had 5 shots and 1 on target.

Marco really stood out. The kid's got speed and can up the field in a hurry. But he always runs up the side, never makes a move inside with the ball to run at the goal. Always running to the corner and trying to cross it.

In the second half, my team continue to win possession, but not do much. They always made that one mistake right before a good shot could be taken.

In the 85th minute, a long cross got behind my defense and Köln had an easy goal. It seems to be something my defense tends to give up at least once or twice a game.

FC Köln 1 - 1 1860 Münich
13 - Shots - 13
4 - On Target - 4
8 - Fouls - 5
2 - Yellow Cards - 1
46% - Poss. - 54%

POM: Wannenwetsch
Old 07-30-2014, 10:28 PM   #81
sabotai
General Manager

German Cup, 2nd Round

September 21st, 2016

1860 Münich at FC Nürnberg

Lineup
GK Eicher (6.6)
DL Suttner (6.2) (off 70)
DC Kirchhoff (6.5)
DC Donkor (6.4)
DR Con (5.2)
DM Stark (6.8)
DM Stahl (6.7)
AML Cutolo (6.2)
AMC Bouy (7.1)
AMR Stoppelkamp (6.7) (off 67) injury
ST Wood (6.8)

AML March (6.6) (on 67) (Cutolo moved to the right side)
DL Volz (6.6) (on 70)

A cross into the box at minute 19 gets Nürnberg their first goal. It wasn't the same variety as I've been noticing. This one was crossed in, I had two guys there, and their player run between them and headed it in. Watching it a few times, Donkor was the player at fault He backtracked, waiting for the ball to get to him and their striker Toni Vastic ran in and knocked it in.

As "punishment", I told Kirschoff to man mark him the rest of the game.

Didn't matter, Vastic did it to us again in the 21st minute. This time, again, my defenders got caught backpeddling on a cross, couldn't get to it, and Vastic ran by them and knocked it in.

I decide to switch to my Defend tactic to stop the bleeding and to hopefully get some counter attack going.

It seemingly worked, in the 35th minute, Wood held the ball up in the hole and then fed it to Bouy on the run and he drained it.

Stoppelkamp was injured and had to come off in the 67th minute.

Off a free kick in the 79th minute, their kicker lobbed it over the wall and Eicher misplayed it, allowing their player to head it into the air, and then he knocked it in when it came down in a crowd of players right in front of the goal.

They score a 4th goal in extra time when a ball went right by Con (misses it) to a waiting Nürnberg player who shot it passed Eicher. Con had a very bad game. I noticed him doing poorly, but I didn't notice it was 5.2 bad. I should have subbed him out early in the 2nd half, but my eye was on Suttner because, having played the previous game, I knew he'd need to come out. I just didn't think Con would have THAT bad of a game. My fault for not paying attention.

1860 Münich 1 - 4 Nürnberg
6 - Shots - 15
2 - On Target - 6
15 - Fouls - 9
0 - Yellow Cards - 0
41% - Poss. - 59%

Stoppelkamp will miss two weeks

Last edited by sabotai : 07-30-2014 at 10:30 PM.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:25 PM   #82
sabotai
General Manager

September 24th, 2016

1860 Münich (7th, 4-4-1, 16pt) at Paderborn (13th, 4-0-5, 12pt)

Lineup
GK Netolitzky (6.6)
DL Suttner (7.1)
DC López (7.0)
DC Kirchhoff (7.0)
DR Con (7.0) (off 82)
DM Stark (6.7)
DM Wannenwetsch (6.9)
AML Marco (6.9)
AMC Malli (6.5) (off 64)
AMR Cutolo (6.0) (off 87)
ST Wood (6.6)

AMC Bouy (6.8) (on 64)
DR Volz (on 82 - no rating)
AMR Mendler (on 87 - no rating)

The first half didn't see much action. A few chances for both teams but nothing really close. Paderborn owned possession 60-40 in the first half.

I'm going to try the "Pass Into Space" team instruction to see if that gets some better chances to my faster players.

In the 46th minute, Netolitzky had a ball go off his hands and hang in the air. I thought it was going to be a goal for sure but Kirchhoff cleared it

66th minute, Cutolo received a perfect pass from Bouy just 10 yards from the goal and....didn't shoot (I'm guessing he failed a First Touch saving throw or something because all he did was stop it and a second later their player slides in and knocks it out of bounds). That would have been such a nice goal...

Just a minute later, Cutolo splits two defenders with the ball in the box, and then sends it over the net.

74th minute, a Paderborn long shot, Neto save that barely stays out of the net.

80th minute, again, Cutolo in position in the box, receives a long pass from Con and just can't find the net (blocked out of bounds).

Subbed out Con in the 82nd minute because he was exhausted, and Mendler came on for Cutolo in the 87th minute for the same reason.

In extra time, Neto passed it to López who tried to direct it to Stark, but it got intercepted and their winger had a clean run at our goal with it, but Neto or Suttner gets a piece of it to send it over.

1860 Münich 0 - 0 Paderborn
13 - Shots - 13
4 - On Target - 4
9 - Fouls - 11
0 - Yellow Cards - 0
41% - Poss. - 59%
Old 07-30-2014, 11:36 PM   #83
sabotai
General Manager

2.Bundesliga Standings

Pos Team
P W D L GD Pts
1st Braunschweig
10 7 0 3 +12 21
2nd Düsseldorf
10 6 2 2 +5 20
3rd Osnabrück
10 6 1 3 +9 19
4th Bielefeld
10 5 4 1 +6 19
5th RB Leipzig
10 5 2 3 +6 17
6th FSV Frankfurt
10 5 2 3 +5 17
7th 1860 München 10 4 5 1 +5 17
8th Bochum
10 5 1 4 +4 16
9th Aue
10 5 1 4 -4 16
10th Ingolstadt
10 5 0 5 +2 15
11th Dresden
10 4 3 3 -2 15
12th Köln
10 4 2 4 +3 14
13th Paderborn
10 4 1 5 -1 13
14th St. Pauli
10 3 2 5 0 11
15th Aalen
10 2 4 4 -2 10
16th Rostock
10 2 1 7 -8 7
17th Cottbus
10 1 1 8 -16 4
18th Wehen
10 0 2 8 -24 2
Old 07-31-2014, 01:50 AM   #84
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
Hmmm... you seem to also have low game ratings at the forward position, like I do. I don't get it.... unless they score, my starting forward always has a 6.5 or 6.4 or something like that.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:56 AM   #85
mrtourette
High School JV

I generally have that situation with my whole team.
mrtourette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:36 PM   #86
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgunn View Post
Hmmm... you seem to also have low game ratings at the forward position, like I do. I don't get it.... unless they score, my starting forward always has a 6.5 or 6.4 or something like that.

I think it might be a product of my system more than anything (which I've changed, again, and I know constantly changing my tactic is a recipe for disaster, but I'm sticking with a Counter Attacking tactic now and am going to for awhile, regardless of results...unless it's a total disaster...so that my guys can learn it and gel as a team).

I have (had) my ST as a Poacher, so all he was asked to do is shoot. He stays high up when playing defense, he's constantly pushing up, waiting for a pass. So he doesn't really do anything besides some passing and shooting, so if he doesn't score, he's going to have a mediocre rating for lack of doing anything else.

I've changed my ST to an Advanced Forward - Attack now though (which, as it happens, is what my scout tells me is the best role for Wood, Quascher, and one or two of my other strikers).

Last edited by sabotai : 07-31-2014 at 04:36 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:02 PM   #87
sabotai
General Manager

Here's the counter attacking tactic I'll be using for several matches before I worry about other tactics or changes

4-2DM-3-1 Counter

Team Instructions: Pass Into Space, More Direct Passing, Play Wider, Drop Deeper, Hassle Opponents

GK - Goalkeeper

DL - Fullback - Support
DR - Fullback - Support

DM - Deep-Lying Playmaker - Support
DM - Ball-Winning Midfielder - Defend

AML - Inside Forward - Attack (Sit Narrower)
AMC - Advanced Playmaker - Attack (Roam From Position, Move Into Channels)
AMR - Inside Forward - Attack (Sit Narrower)

ST - Advanced Forward - Attack (Move Into Channels)

Something I'm toying with. I've seen people talking about tactics like this on other forums. I was thinking of making one of my Defender wingers a Complete Wingback and the other a Fullback (Defend). For my AM wingers, the one on the CWB side would be an attacking Inside Forward and the other (in front of the Fullback - Defend) would be a Winger - Support or a Defensive Winger - Support.

But that's for a later date....for now, just sticking with this tactic.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:06 PM   #88
sabotai
General Manager

October 1st, 2016

Bielefeld (5th, 5-4-1, 19pt) at 1860 Münich (7th, 4-5-1, 17pt)

Starting Lineup
GK - Eicher
DL - Suttner
DC - Donkor
DC - Kirchhoff
DR - Volz
DM - Stark
DM - Stahl
AML - Marco
AMC - Bouy
AMR - Mendler
ST - Wood

In the 3rd minute, Marco had a breakway but he mishit the ball while dribbling, allowing the defense to recover and his shot was blocked. In a year or two, he's probably going to be killing teams similar situations. A pass from Bouy to Wood to Marco set up the chance.

In the 6th minute, a pass from Marco to Wood in the box sets up a great chance, but the shot from Wood was weak. Easy save.

In the 9th minute, Wood makes a nice move, gets around the defender near midfield and runs at the goal, but his shot goes high. Lots of chances early, nothing to show for it.

By the 10th minute, my assman told me to remove Pass Into Spaces. He said we were gifting them to ball. I ignore him.

In the 32nd minute, Cutolo puts a pass just over the head of an opponent, Bouy takes it...and misses. That was our 7th shot, 2 on target.

In the 35th minute, Bouy directs a pass to Wood in space, Wood barely beats out the defender to it, lobs a shot passed the GK at the net and.....barely misses. That would have been a nice goal.

In the 37th minute, they manage to sustain an attack until my defenders clump up, leave an attacker alone and an easy pass becomes an easy goal. Eicher was also a bit slow to react to that one.

In the 52nd minute, Marco lobs a pass into the box, Wood beats his man there, makes a move around the GK and scores easily to tie the game.

In the 60th minute, Stark lobs the ball upfield, Wood heads it on and Marco picks it up, dribbles towards the goal and...sends it wide.

I feel like my attacking players need to work on their finishing....

In the 64th minute, Bouy passes the ball into the box, Wood gets to it and sends it into the net to give us the lead. I feel like "Passes Into Space", while I'm sure has given the ball over to their team, has helped generate a ton of scoring chances in this game. In the previous games I've watched (not exactly a large sample size), I've never seen a player on either team just push the ball into the box to no one in particular. In this case, Bouy just sent it in. Wood just simply reacted and got there first (in this case, it wasn't even close). Not that it's been all great. I've seen some bad passes into space, but seeing bad passes in general is not uncommon while watching my team.

Also, if I faced a team with superior speed, I might be in a giant world of hurt right now. So I think I'm really going to need to scout out my opponents and turn that off if I'm facing a team with a lot of speed on defense.

In the 89th minute, Wood made a beautiful move to get by a defender, but his shot was sent over by the GK.

We dominated this game and should have won by a much larger margin. It's still 3 points though, and hopefully my team keeps up this kind of performance.

Bielefeld 1 - 2 1860 Münich
7 - Shots - 19
2 - On Target - 7
4 - Fouls - 13
0 - Yellow Cards - 0
48% - Poss. - 52%

POM: Bobby Shou Wood, 2 goals

Player Performance
GK Eicher 6.7 , DL Suttner 6.9 , DC Donkor 6.9 , DC Kirchhoff 6.9 , DR Volz 6.2 (off 68) , DR Rech 6.8 (on 68) , DM Stark 6.9 , DM Stahl 6.8 , AML Marco 6.8 , AMC Bouy 7.7 , AMR Mendler 6.7 (off 24 - injury) , AMR Cutolo 6.7 (on 24) , ST Wood 8.8

Volz got subbed due to poor performance. I thought Con could use a day off.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:24 PM   #89
sabotai
General Manager

October 7th, 2016

1860 Münich (4th, 5-5-1, 20pt) at Wehen (18th, 0-3-8, 3 pt)

I decided that I do, in fact, need a Reserve team. To give players a chance to regain match fitness following injury, to keep the backup players busy so that they don't lose match fitness, to play some of the players who are just not quite there yet but too old to play on the U19 team....I'll sign some free transfers and build a Reserve team following this match.

Unavailable: DR Con, AML Marco, ST Wood (International play)

Lineup
GK Eicher
DL Suttner
DC López
DC Kirchhoff
DR Volz
DM Stark
DM Wannenwetsch
AML Cutolo
AMC Malli
AMR Mendler
ST Quascher

Looked at the team thoroughly. 3 of the 4 players they have on their defensive line are very slow. My 4 attackers should have no problem running by them. The 4th player has some speed and technical ability, but looks like he might fold mentally under pressure. They do have a very good goalkeeper, though.

Suttner was yellow carded in the 20th minute. Thankfully, it was just outside the penalty box.

In the 26th minute, Cutolo had the ball on a breakaway, crossed it into the box and Malli received it, held it for a half second and then sent a shot off the goalpost. That was my first real scoring chance. Wehen is playing very defensively.

Mendler is still sending his shots into the side of the net. I've seen 2 so far by the 32nd minute.

In the 38th minute, López the corner kick threat finally arrived this season. Cutolo took the corner, passed it short to Malli who sent it into López who was standing at the near post. The guy on López came out to get Malli, Malli crosses it in, López attacks the pass and heads it in, not giving the 2nd closest defender a chance to cover him.

In the 45th minute, Quascher sends a long shot just a hair too wide.

In the 46th minute, I saw the bad side of Pass Into Spaces. Wannenwetsch passed into space, but looked like it was meant for Volz to react to and get, but all I saw was a slow, lazy pass directly to an opposing player, and Volz just standing a short distance away, not reacting to it at all. Luckily nothing came of it.

In the 73rd minute, Suttner got his 2nd Yellow Card and was sent off. I subbed out Wannenwetsch for DC Donkor (who can play the right side) and moved him to the DR spot, moved Volz to the left side and changed Stark to a Half Back - Defend. Time to just try to hold this 1-0 lead.

In the 78th minute, they score off a corner kick (it was knocked out, right to one of their players who drains it). Changed Stark back to a Deep-Lying Playmaker.

In the 82nd minute, a long pass by Bouy goes over a defenders head and Quascher had a clean run at the goal (but took a second to gain control of the pass, giving the defense time to recover). His shot was barely sent wide by the GK.

In the 88th minute, Cutolo kicks in a cross from Donkor to give us the lead late in the game.

In extra time, Mendler takes a cross from Volz and scores his first goal of the season. Honestly though, that was more the fault of the GK. He reacted very slowly to that and it should have been an easy save. Mendler took what felt like forever to get the ball under control and shoot it.

1860 Münich 3 - 1 Wehen
17 Shots 3
7 On Target 1
14 Fouls 7
4 Yellow Cards 2
55% Poss. 45%

POM: Mortiz Volz, 1 assist

Player Performance
GK Eicher 6.8 , DL Suttner 6.7 (off 73, sent off) , DL/DR Volz 8.0 , DC López 7.4 , DC Kirchhoff 7.1 , DR Donkor 6.9 (on 74) , DM Stark 7.0 , DM Wannenwetsch 6.7 (off 74) , AML Cutolo 7.6 , AMC Malli 7.2 (off 78) , AMC Bouy NR (on 78) , AMR Mendler 7.7 , ST Quascher 6.8

Goal Scorers: López, Mendler, Cutolo
Assists: Volz, Malli, Bouy
Old 08-01-2014, 12:07 AM   #90
sabotai
General Manager

October 16th, 2016

Düsseldorf (6th, 6-2-3, 20pt) at 1860 Münich (3rd, 6-5-1, 23pt)

Unavailable: DM Stark (injury), Stuttner (Sus.)

They run a 2DM formation as well, and from what I can see, we are evenly matched. This will be the first true test of my tactics I think.

Starting Lineup
GK Eicher
DL Volz
DC Donkor
DC Kirchhoff
DR Con
DM Wannenwetsch (DLP-S)
DM Stahl (BWM-D)
AML Marco
AMC Bouy
AMR Stoppelkamp
ST Wood

In the 4th minute, I saw Eicher try to give the ball to a defender. The problem is, they had a player covering the defender. Eicher's lucky that he took an ill-advised long shot. He would have had a clear one-on-one on Eicher if he wasn't in such a hurry.

In the 7th minute, exactly what I wanted to see from this tactic. Bouy launches the ball from midfield, and Wood flat out beats the defender to it. Their GK made a nice save, unfortunately. That would have been sweet.

In the 10th minute, Con get caught flat footed but their player sent it wide. Con has the ability to make plays, but as is expected from a young player, he's very streaky and makes a lot of mistakes.

In the 18th minute, Wannenwetsch feeds Con in the box, but he barely sends it wide.

In the 34th minute, Donkor was so close to a goal. Better First Touch would have buried it easily. Or better Finishing. Either way, another wasted opportunity.

Eicher makes a really nice save in minute 39. My defense was caught napping as a pass went into the box and they didn't react quickly. The guy had all day.

Subbed out Bouy in the 41st minute (Malli in). He took a knock but should be okay, but he was slow to recover from it and I thought it best to get him off the field.

They score in extra time before the half (+1...scored at 1:31) off a corner. It bounced around a bit before finding the net.

In the 69th minute, a pass from Malli to Stoppelkamp into the box, but their GK makes a good save.

I sub Cutolo in for Stoppelkamp in the 72nd minute. Stoppelkamp was still not match fit from his injury, and I need a final push at the end of this game. I also set my Mentality to Control.

In the 84th minute, they cross it into the box, and their player barely missed the header. As soon as I changed to Control, Düsseldorf dominated possession. I change to Attacking (only got several minutes left)

In the 85th minute, Wood scored but was very offsides. They answer with a disallowed goal in the 88th minute by a player that was even more offisdes (by like 10 yards!)

Düsseldorf 1 - 0 1860 Münich
14 - Shots - 13
6 - On Target - 3
13 - Fouls - 14
2 - Yellow Cards - 2
49% - Poss. - 51%

Suttner and Stark were badly missed in this one. In fairness, they were without their starting DR as well (who looks like a very good player)

Player Performance
GK Eicher 6.7 , DL Volz 6.8 (YC) , DC Donkor 6.7 , Kirchhoff 6.9 , DR Con 6.7 , DM Wannenwetsch 6.8 , DM Stahl 6.9 (YC) , AML Marco 6.7 , AMC Bouy 6.8 (off 41) , AMC Malli 6.7 (on 41), AMR Stoppelkamp 6.4 (off 72) , AMR Cutolo 6.7 (on 72) , ST Wood 6.3

This wasn't a case of just not scoring for Wood causing a low score, I saw him make some bad mistakes. Same for Stoppelkamp, but he wasn't match fit and I'm sure that caused some rustiness. Con also had some crucial mistakes. And passes into space intended for Marco....he doesn't seem to react correctly to them. I wish I could train Anticipation.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:09 AM   #91
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
In the 7th minute, exactly what I wanted to see from this tactic. Bouy launches the ball from midfield, and Wood flat out beats the defender to it. Their GK made a nice save, unfortunately. That would have been sweet.

Here it is.

Old 08-01-2014, 03:59 PM   #92
sabotai
General Manager

October 23rd, 2016

Friendly

1860 Münich at FC Bayern II

A 12 day hole in my fixture and I didn't want my guys to go 12 days without playing. I think I accidentally made this game too close to my next one (5 days).

I added two more Team Instructions to try them out for this game.

Work Ball Into Box - My guys have been taking a few too many long shots. I didn't have this on originally because I didn't want anyone slowing up the counter attack to look for passes into the box instead of just running at the goal. But, there's been too many shots from long range during normal attacking phases so I'm trying it out.

Stay On Feet - I turned on "Hassle Opponents" and my fouls and yellow cards shot up. Also, the point is to get the ball back and push it upfield quickly. If my guy tackles and is on the ground, he can't then make a play for the ball. So I'm going to see if this helps as well.

Just a quick summery, it was just a friendly.

Most of my guys did not play that well, but part of the reason for this friendly was to get them match fit. Due to some injuries and maybe a few too many players, several players weren't match fit and my new reserve team hasn't had any games yet.

I'm still having an issue with the opposing team crossing the ball from one flank to the corner of the box on the opposite side, where my defenders have left their winger alone. Would this be solved by having my defensive wingers man mark their midfield/attacking midfield counterparts?

Work Ball Into Box - Seemed to work the way I wanted. On sustained attacks, there was more passing, trying to get a good shot from inside the box. On the breakaways, there was no holding up to look for passes.

Stay On Feet - Not sure what to make about this one. We actually had fewer "fast break" chances in this friendly, but I was playing mostly unfit and backup players.

Final Score: 1860 Münich 4 - 3 FC Bayern II
Old 08-01-2014, 04:45 PM   #93
sabotai
General Manager

October 28, 2016

2.Bundelsliga

1860 Münich (5th, 6-5-2, 23pt) at Aalen (15th, 3-4-6, 13pt)

Starting Lineup
GK Eicher
DL Suttner
DC Donkor
DC Kirchhoff
DR Volz
DM Stark (DLP)
DM Wannenwetsch (BWM)
AML Marco
AMC Bouy
AMR Stoppelkamp
ST Wood

We get started early with a goal by Bouy. Volz passed to Stoppelkamp and he crossed it to Bouy who heads it in.

In the 30th minute, a nice set up from Suttner to Marco to Wood, but their goalie just gets a hand on it to send it wide.

In the 39th minute, Marco crosses to the middle of the top of the box, Wood beats his man there and scores our 2nd goal.

In the 47th minute we give up a goal. A few passes in the box, an attack left uncovered and it's an easy goal for them.

Scary moment in the 53rd minute where the ball bounced around right in front of the goal. After a few seconds, thankfully, one of my guys cleared it.

In the 59th minute, my own chance at a ball bouncing about in front of the goal, but they get it cleared too.

In the 75th minute, they score after Suttner decides he should suck some more by getting beat by his opponent on a move not once, but twice. (and this was after I decided to sub him out minutes, minutes, before....)

In the 88th minute, a pass from Wood to Stoppelkamp set up a great chance, but their keeper directs it wide.

There were a few passes to Stoppelkamp that looked like he reacted incorrectly to. He just seemed to not be in the right place. We lost a few scoring chances because of breakdown in communication.

1860 Münich 2 - 2 Aalen
7 - Shots - 9
5 - On Target - 4
14 - Fouls - 10
2 - Yellow Cards - 0
47% - Poss. - 53%

Player Performances
GK Eicher 6.6 , DL Suttner 5.6 (off 75 , YC), DC Donkor 6.0 (off 75) , DC López 6.7 (on 75) , DC Kirchhoff 6.6 , DR/DL Volz 6.9 , DR Con 6.7 (on 75) , DM Stark 6.8 , Wannenwetsch 6.8 , AML Marco 7.5 (YC) , AMC Bouy 7.3 , AMR Stoppelkamp 6.7 , ST Wood 7.0

Goal Scorers: Bouy, Wood
Assists: Stoppelkamp, Marco

I made the subs for Suttner and Donkor in the 72nd minute. They were at 5.9 and 6.2 rating, respectively, at that time. What a difference 3 minutes makes.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:56 PM   #94
sabotai
General Manager

November 1st, 2016

PosTeam
PWDLGDPts
1stBraunschweig
14833+1427
2ndDüsseldorf
14833+427
3rdOsnabrück
14824+1426
4thRB Leipzig
14743+1125
5thBielefeld
14662+724
6th1860 München 14662+724
7thFSV Frankfurt
14734+624
8thIngolstadt
14716+422
9thPaderborn
14716+122
10thBochum
14635+321
11thKöln
14626+420
12thAue
14617-719
13thSt. Pauli
14536+118
14thDresden
14455-417
15thAalen
14356-514
16thRostock
143110-1110
17thCottbus
142210-208
18thWehen
140311-293

Last edited by sabotai : 08-01-2014 at 04:57 PM.
Old 08-01-2014, 05:17 PM   #95
sabotai
General Manager

Board Confidence
Job Security: 54%
Club Stature: 58%
Salaries: 56%
Squad Harmony: 84%
Job Status: 38% (It won't cost them much to dump me)
German Second Division: 55% (not lower since we still are in a good position to win. It's still early)
German Cup: 47% (They wanted at least 3rd round, but understand when hit a tough opponent in round 2)
First Team Youngster Signings: 100%
Give Youth a Chance: 50%
Possession Soccer: 50%

For the month of November, I have changed my training to be that of two days of match training, and for all games I'll be focusing on Teamwork. After this month, I'll go back to 1 day of match training. I've also gotten rid of the rest day before match training. We were the favorites to win promotion and are closer to the middle of the standings than the top. We need to practice more, evidently.

In 11 division games, Eicher has given up 14 goals. In 5 division games, Netolitzky has given up 1. But I think Netolitzky's success is mostly luck. Average rating wise, they are the same. And I am not happy with my goalkeeper situation. Netolitzky is a 4 star prospect, but there's not guarantee that he'll fulfill that, nor is that the case for my other two 4 star prospects. Having a GK that was at least a 4 star player right now is what I need. I'll be on the look out for a GK to sign.

Last edited by sabotai : 08-01-2014 at 05:27 PM.
Old 08-01-2014, 05:42 PM   #96
sabotai
General Manager

GK - Odisseas Vlachodimos - GRE - 22yo - 3 / 4.5
Transfer: $3.8M. $35.5k per week, bumps up to $39k per week once he makes 5 international caps. Plus many bonuses and whatnots.
Attribute wise, he's better than Netolitzky and is better than Eicher in the many ratings, and only 1 or 2 points lower in most of the others. He'll be my immediate starter. Signed from Suttgart. The transfer will go through on January 1st.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:33 PM   #97
sabotai
General Manager

November 6th, 2016

2.Bundesliga
St. Pauli (13th, 5-3-6, 18pt) at 1860 Münich (7th, 6-6-2, 24pt)

Starting Lineup
GK Eicher
DL Suttner
DC Donkor
DC Kirchhoff
DR Con
DM Stark (DLP)
DM Wannenwetsch (BWM)
AML Cutolo
AMC Bouy
AMR Stoppelkamp
ST Wood

In the 14th minute, a pass from Wood to Stoppelkamp would have set up a great scoring chance, but Stoppelkamp was just a step too slow.

In the 17th minute, Cutolo dribbles the ball into the box and just needs to make a move and shoot, but he loses control of the ball and their defender clears it to safety.

In the 18th minute, A pass from Bouy to Wood, who directs it into the box, Cutolo comes flying by the defenders and....hits it wide.

In the 33rd minute, Stoppelkamp looks to have a breakaway, but he just doesn't get full control of the ball. He still manages a pass to Cutolo who has a shot, but it's a weak one and the GK easily handles it.

In the 36th minute, Suttner passes to Bouy into the box and Bouy finishes strong giving us the 1-0 lead.

In the 45th minute, a bad pass from Kirchhoff leads to a counter chance, but Wannenwetsch puts an end to it.

In 45 + extra time, Bouy sends the ball upfield, Stoppelkamp has a look with Wood in great chance to get the rebound, but Stoppelkamp's shot is a bit weak and their GK easily handles it.

In the 61st minute, off a throw in, they head it into the box and have a great look but their player sent it a bit wide. That should have tied it up.

In the 72nd minute, in their half looking to form an attack, Bouy steps in front of their player with the ball, chipping the ball towards Wood who just barely puts it wide. That should have been a goal.

St. Pauli 0 - 1 1860 Münich
4 - Shots - 16
0 - On Target - 5
14 - Fouls - 8
0 - Yellow Cards - 1
50% - Poss. - 50%

POM: DL Markus Suttner (1 Assist)

Player Performances
GK Eicher 6.8 , DL Suttner 7.7 , DC Donkor 7.0 , Kirchhoff 6.9 , DR Con 7.0 , DM Wannenwetsch 6.6 (off 62) , DM Stahl 6.7 (on 62) , DM Stark 7.0 (YC) , AML Cutolo 6.4 (off 62) , AML Marco 6.8 , AMC Bouy 7.4 , AMR Stoppelkamp 6.6 , ST Wood 6.5

Goals: Bouy
Assists: Suttner

Suttner rebounded from his crappy game very nicely.

The more I watch this team, the more I see that Stoppelkamp and Cutolo just don't have the speed for this tactic. They're not slow, but Marco and Wood both are just a step faster.

Pace - Acc - Agi
Stoppelkamp: 11 - 13 - 14
Cutolo: 12 - 12 - 14
Marco: 17 - 16 - 13
Wood: 16 - 15 - 14
Mendler: 15 - 14 - 11
Quascher: 15 - 13 - 13
Old 08-01-2014, 07:38 PM   #98
sabotai
General Manager

November 12th, 2016 - Friendly

FK Austria Wien at 1860 Münich

Just keeping my guys busy while several are away for international play. I didn't even watch the game.

Draw 2-2
Old 08-01-2014, 07:53 PM   #99
sabotai
General Manager

A little update on the Daniel Adlung sale. He played 1 game, on August 13th he came on in the 84th minute. Then he got injured and was out for over a month, then 2 games as "Not Selected" and then several games as "Unused Substitute".

That was $1.9M well spent by them.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:53 PM   #100
sabotai
General Manager

November 21st, 2016

2.Bundesliga
1860 Münich (5th, 7-6-2, 27pt) at Rostock (16th, 3-1-11, 10pt)

Starting Lineup
GK Netolitzky
DL Suttner
DC Kirchhoff
DC Donkor
DR Volz
DM Stark (DLP)
DM Wannenwetsch (BWM)
AML Marco
AMC Bouy
AMR Stoppelkamp
ST Wood

In the 6th minute, Bouy to Wood to Stoppelkamp...GK just gets enough to send it over the net.

In the 29th minute, Wood passes to Bouy who, with the ball just yards from the goal and GK, is hassled by the opponents nad just couldn't get a shot off, dumps it to Stoppelkamp who sends it wide. Should have been a goal by Bouy there.

They were winning the possession so I changed Mentality to Control to see if that changed anything

Bouy is injured in the 40th minute and has to come off.

40th minute still, Wood wrestles for control of the ball with two of their players near the back line in the box, he gets it, passes to a wide open Stark who has a good angle and he buries it. 1-0 lead for us.

In the 44th minute, Marco is hurt and is taken to the sideline. It's close to half time so I leave him in to see if he can recover at half time.

In the 56th minute, their player heads a corner kick off the side post.

Off a goal kick in the 63rd minute, Stoppelkamp heads it forward to the goal and Wood barely gets beaten to it by the GK.

In the 63rd minute, Stoppelkamp takes it into the box, the GK comes out, he passes to Wood who has a wide open net, but he waits on the pass, and his shot bounces off a defender. If he had just stepped forward and kicked it, goal. He backpeddled and a defender is able to slide in front of it.

Marco comes off, Cutolo in in the 64th minute. Marco never really recovered from the knock he took in the first half.

In the 76th minute, a long cross from Wood to Cutolo who turns and passes to Malli rushing it, but Malli has trouble controlling it and when he did get a shot off, it's a weak shot off the side of the net.

In the 77th minute, Wood feed Stoppelkamp in the box and it gets blocked by the GK. Stoppelkamp was called offsides, which was BS. Good thing that wasn't a disallowed goal. I would have gotten fined if asked about it.

In the 84th minute, Wood feeds Stoppelkamp from midfield. Their defender was very late reacting and Stoppelkamp had a one-on-one with the GK, but the GK makes the save. *sigh* Another goal that should have been.

In the 86th minute, a pass to Wood in open space and his foot got stuck in the ground or something because he got injured trying to field it....I had no ST to put in.....I sub in Stahl and move him down to DM so I have 3 DMs....4-3-3 sorta....I make him an Anchor Man. Time to just full on turtle.

And then Stark gets injured in extra time and I am out of subs. Next time I play Rostock, I'm going full out thug on them....

1860 Münich 1 - 0 Rostock
7 - Shots - 5
3 - On Target - 0
13 - Fouls - 14
1 - Yellow Card - 2
52% - Poss. - 48%

POM: Yannick Stark (1 Goal)

Player Performances
GK Netolitzky 6.4 , DL Suttner 6.8 (YC) , Kirchhoff 6.8 , DC Donkor 7.3 , DR Volz 6.7 , DM Stark 7.9 (off 90 - injury) , DM Wannenwetsch 6.9 , DM Stahl NR (on 90) , AML Marco 6.1 (off 64) , AML Cutolo 6.7 (on 64) , AMC Bouy 6.6 (off 40 - injured) , AMC Malli 6.8 (on 40) , AMR Stoppelkamp 6.2 , ST Wood 7.2 (off 90)

Goals: Stark
Assists: Wood