Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-03-2014, 10:19 PM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Kamchatka: Fire and Ice (EU4) - COMPLETE!!!

Heya!

With the latest DLC bringing massive changes to the map and such I thought it would be a good time to dust off my EU4 and give it another spin!

Just loading it up now to take a look around and figure out who I wanna be.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 11-10-2014 at 12:36 AM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 10:21 PM   #2
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

WHOA!

Old 11-03-2014, 10:40 PM   #3
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Holy Crap new Countries! New Provinces a go go! They really modified EU! I am just storm-slobbered with how awesome this is. I’m staring at the 1444 map with just a dazed look on my face. Where could I possibly go into this new morass?

There are tons of new nations, particularly outside of Europe. We have numerous new tribes in the Americas, for example. Or Africa. Look at all of the colors! And the Indies has a ton of color to it. Nations like Ternate and Kutai are here. Plus we’ve split up some land into new provinces. The island of Sulawesi, for example, now has a lot more provinces on it.

We have a handful of new islands – Yamdena, for example, but not many.

New provinces in Africa, including two in South Africa, making it even richer than before (likely). However, we have removed many empty colonial places along the coast of Africa. Places like Namibia are now wasteland, and you cannot colonize south of Morocco on the coast.

And wow, China! Lots more nations to its north (and Korea’s). Yeren, Buryatia and we have one in Kamchatka called Kamchadals, with other nations up in Siberia . We also have more nations in South East Asia and west of Ming/China.

Taiwan is now three provinces. The Philippines now 13.

South America has a bunch more stuff too it looks like, in the inland.

I don’t even know where to begin! This is awesome!

Old 11-03-2014, 11:11 PM   #4
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

By the way, Ibadi was introduced as a spin-off of Islam is one of the last two DLCs (Res Publica or Art of War) and Oman is now properly in that genre.

India? Wow. It looks like the old provinces spawned like bunnies. I can’t even tell you how many new things we have.

Just for fun I start a game as Kamchadals. Just to look around in a newly revealed area of the world and see what it’s like in a new nation with a new culture and group (Siberian Tribe). We do have Chinese Tech Group, which is not that bad. But we are just a one province nation in impoverished Kamchatka. That’s awesome.

So in this version of EU4 more colonization must be done by the word than by the pioneer. (Sort of like how Eu2 left open colonies that were given/conquered to European folks (such as Goa in India) despite the fact that they were controlled by locals. That was a poor representation of reality. So now you have to fight your way to win land in some places)

That was fun. I spent like 40 minutes looking at the map. But now it’s bedtime. I’ll think about this more as I lay down to sleep. Where to start? What to do? There are so many options. So much gaming to experience.

See you tomorrow!

Old 11-04-2014, 04:13 PM   #5
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hmmm….you know what?

Let’s just do it…

Let’s play as Kamchatka!

That would be the hardest challenge ever. Playing as a one province power in Kamchatka.

So let’s just get crazy

Old 11-04-2014, 10:16 PM   #6
britrock88
Pro Starter

britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:37 AM   #7
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We are the Kamchadals. An indigenous people in Kamchatka. There are many other tribes that are nearby. Our people are spread among the southern half of the peninsula that sticks out, and most of Kamchatka.

Like Iceland, Kamchatka is a land of Fire and Ice. Great volcanic activity is here in our area, in the Ring of Fire. The largest volcano in the world is right in our back yard. Seismic activity cannot be disconnected from the Kamchatka region.

Our land of Kamchatka is only adjacent to one other land province, up the peninsula is the land we call Penzhina. The local tribes there are nomadic and have not settled the area like we have here. There is also no dominant tribe either, and various foes via for control.

The only other land we are near is the Kuril Islands to the south, controlled by the Ainu. The Ainu have four provinces, which include all of the island of Hokkaido, north of Japan.

On the far side of uncontrolled Penzhina are the Chukchi people, in the province of Kagyrgyn. They are very similar to us with fishing economy. They are on the far coast.

Inland of Penzhina and the Chukchi is another unclaimed area we call Karalveyem, also under the sway of multiple tribes. The thick forests of the region are so bad that it is hard ot carve out a civilization here.

To the west of Karalveyem and northwest of Penzhina is the Khodynt people, in the land of Omolon. They have recently wrested control of the area from other tribes, who have since fled to other regions. The thick forests continue, and they trap fur here and send it on.

To their south, and to Penzhina’s west, and along the Bay of Komenskoie is the tribe of the Chavchuveny. This people work the fur trade in the land of Gizhiga, and trade them with merchants that arrive from south.

Old 11-05-2014, 10:33 AM   #8
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

One of the basic operating assumptions of this dynasty has to be that there are some folks out there who really know more about Kamchatka from Risk, than anywhere else.

If that's you, that's okay!

So we'll spend some time at the beginning in the setting

Old 11-05-2014, 10:36 AM   #9
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

This is a recent map of the local ethnicities and tribes, but it helps to set the tone, I hope:

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 11-05-2014 at 10:37 AM.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:40 AM   #10
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

From a Database on the 40 Recognized Tribes in the Region:

Itelmens [and Kamchadals]

Self-designation (singular, ISO spelling): itanmahn, itenmehn
Official names (plural): Russ.: ительмены, камчадалы; Engl.: Itelmens, Kamchadals
Other names (plural): Voguls
Residence area(s):
Itelmens: Western coast of central Kamchatka
Kamchadals: Upper Kamchatka Valley and in Petropavlovsk area, as well as locally at the western coast
Population numbers (1989):
Former Soviet Union: 2481, Russian Federation: 2429, Koryakskiy Avt. Okrug: 1179, remaining part of Kamchatskaya Oblast: 262, Magadanskaya Oblast: 509
Population number (2002): 3474
Rural population (% in R.F.): 62,0%
National language: Itelman, two dialects
Affiliation of national language: Chukotko-Kamchatkan family (Palaeo-Asiatic)
Status of national language (1989): Mother tongue: 18.8%; speaking fluently: 23.2%
Cultural centre(s): Itelmens: Kovran; Kamchadals: Milkovo
Traditional culture: Traditional sedentary intensive fisher and hunter culture
Ethno-geography:
The Itelmens were widely spread across southern Kamchatka prior to colonisation. They are now restricted to a land strip at the south-western coast of the peninsula, with the central village Kovran. In 1991, 369 of ca. 500 inhabitants were Itelmens. The other villages that had suvived the Stalin Era (Utkholok, Moroshechnoye, Sopochnoye) were closed, and the population relocated to Kovran, in the 1960s. Less than half of the Itelmen population still lives in their home country. The national language is severely threatened; ca. 450 individuals had Itelmen as their mother tongue in 1989, and there is no written language in use.
At the arrival of the Russians, there were about 30,000 Itelmens in Kamchatka. The drop can partly be explained by initial warfare and epidemics. But then, large parts of the Itelmen population became intermarried with Koryaks, Russians and other immigrants; their descendants speak the Russian language, and have developed a distinctive, local culture. These people lost their indigenous status and the right to call themselves Itelmens in 1927 and regained it in 2000. They call themselves Kamchadals, a colonial name formerly used for both the Itelmens and mixed population Their number is about 9000, 2000 of which live in the cities Petropavlovsk and Yelizovo. 7000 live in the upper Kamchatka River valley and a few eastern and west*ern coastal areas, namely the regions (rayony) of Sobolevo, Bolsheretsk, Milkovo, Klyuchi and Ust-Kamchatsk in the Kamchatskaya Oblast, as well as the Tigil and Penzhina areas in the Koryakskiyy Avt. Okrug.
Lifestyle and subsistence of rural population:
Fishing is the main traditional occupation of the Itelmens and Kamchadals, mainly in rivers (salmon). As for much of the remaining rural population of Kamchatka, fish is the main economic factor. Although offshore trawl fishing threatens the salmon migrations in the rivers, many Itelmens continue traditional net fishing. Important traditional fishing rivers for the Itelmens are the Utkholok, Kovran, Sopochnaya, Moroshechnaya and Belogolovaya. Indigenous salmon fishing was forbidden in the 1980s in order to protect the commercial marine fisheries. Indigenous people have individual fish quota today, but not enough for their needs. The controversial indigenous status of the Kamchadals has led to a confused and changeable situation concerning their fishing rights.
Stock farming is a modern occupation, first introduced in the 18th century, and carried out by the collective farms in Kovran. Meat and milk are exported to urban centres, while there is local food shortage. Horse breeding was important from the 18th century to the beginning of the collectivisation in the 1930s, when it was mostly given up. Stock farming is also done by Kamchadals..
Vegetable gardening is an important occupation for many Kamchadals, in combination with fishing.
Fur animal hunting and trapping had a major economic importance among the Itelmens, also prior to colonisation and prior to the introduction of the yasak system. Important fur animals were sable and fox. Hunting of land and sea mammals mainly mountain sheep, wild reindeer, brown bear, seal and whale, have traditional importance. These occupations are almost abandoned today, mainly due to shortage and hunting restrictions.
Gathering of berries, herbs, roots and cedar nuts has always been an important secondary food source, also during the Soviet Era, but is getting more difficult due to the increasing scarcity of useful plants. During the last years, fees have been levied for gathered products, including drift wood (fire wood).
Present environmental threats:
Destruction of salmon population by commercial coastal fishing and pollution from platinum mining
Deforestation of birch forest leads to depletion of fur animals and reduced quota for trapping
Contamination of fish stocks from new coal mining in Khayryuzovo

Old 11-05-2014, 10:47 AM   #11
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Other resources to consider include:

Itelmens - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kamchadals – a Small Nation in Russia that is Returning from Oblivion | To Discover Russia

And for images:

KUNSTKAMERA. Photo-illustrative collections of W.I. Jochelson.

EDIT: I particularly enjoy those images from 1911 in the area.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 11-05-2014 at 12:21 PM.
Old 11-05-2014, 12:27 PM   #12
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 11-05-2014 at 12:35 PM.
Old 11-05-2014, 12:38 PM   #13
Grover
Pro Starter

Uh. Awesome.

I need to get the expansion to start a new game.

Looking forward to this.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 01:44 PM   #14
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Uh. Awesome.

I need to get the expansion to start a new game.

Looking forward to this.

Thanks!

The dev diaries for Art of War are not to be missed. Each one goes over, in detail, the changes to the map, as well as new features. I went into it blind, having heard some positive things, then read teh dev diaries later.

Art of War: Developer Diaries, Patch Notes and New National Ideas

Old 11-05-2014, 02:09 PM   #15
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Thanks!

The dev diaries for Art of War are not to be missed. Each one goes over, in detail, the changes to the map, as well as new features. I went into it blind, having heard some positive things, then read teh dev diaries later.

Art of War: Developer Diaries, Patch Notes and New National Ideas

I follow along with these, as well as the Reddit sub-forum for the game, lots of fun and useful information there.

Reddit Sub-Forum EUIV

Old 11-05-2014, 03:25 PM   #16
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We have a Siberian Clan Council government.

Siberian Clan Council - -33% bonus to stability cost
+15% tech cost
Rulers reign until they die

The other Siberian Clan Councils are the Ainu, Chavchuvney, Khodynt, and Chukchi. Other clans use a similar form of government, but are not developed enough to have full fledged settlements. Beyond the western edge of Khodynt and Chavchuveny’s borders are many unclaimed lands, lightly populated, such as Kolyna, Tauisk, Yaramanka and Suntar Khayata.

We are Shamanist nation, as are all of the others. (save for Ainu, which is Animist) We are also a Kamchatkan culture. The Ainu have their own culture, while the Khodynt in Omolon are Yukaghir. The others share our culture.

As a Shamanist nation:

National Unrest -1
Tolerance of True Faith - +1
Local Missionary Strength +2%

We are not allowed to convert to another religion

We are much more settled and civilized than any of our neighbors, even those that have risen in status.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 11-05-2014 at 05:39 PM.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:32 PM   #17
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Kamchatka:

We are an Arctic Mild Winter province with just a 1 tax base and very little production from the fishing industry. The land we live in is mostly plains, and we have one port in the area. Our settlers require little.

Being in the Arctic, with a Mild Winter, hurts attrition, supply limits, and settler chances.

Assuming that you do not have a very good understanding of Kamchatkan Geography, I have taken a picture of the area for you.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 11-06-2014 at 07:06 PM.
Old 11-05-2014, 06:10 PM   #18
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We begin with 2000 troops and a barque style ship that we built recently we christened the Uligary.

Meet Chief Dygyn Dyaluncha:

Admin: 2
Diplomacy: 6
Military: 3

I cut our fleet maintenance. After I do, we currently make about 5 gold a year. We begin with 50.

The Chavchuveny view us with hostility because they want our land.

We currently have a technology level of 2 in all three areas. With both penalties for government and the Chinese tech group, it may take us a bit to get out.

Our Siberian Traditions give us:

-15% Land Attrition
-25% Unjustified Demands

We have missions to create a proper fleet or improve our prestige.

We can take no national decisions right now.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:40 PM   #19
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I go ahead and spend some ADM right now to boost our stability to +1. It’s easy to do since we have a -33% bonus to stability from our clan government.

This increases our taxes, production, trade power, and unrest and such.

Whoa!

Because our stability increased, I can now choose one of our national decisions. I can Encourage Divination.

We have -1 to national unrest but +5% to stability cost, and it would last in perpetuity. As of right now, that’s not going to work for us, since we have no unrest.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:40 PM   #20
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now, I need to answer an early question. Do I make a quick strike at someone? I often like to take out an enemy early on to give me a leg up. If I want to make a quick strike, then I can try to take out Chavchuveny right now, since they don’t like me. Move my army to Penzhina and then into Gizhiga and attack them. I would need to hope for a good general and I can invest in some military upgrades. It would cost 10 gold to invest in a new Infantry. I could make 2000 more troops and have them join with a general and march.

Now that would take me past our forcelimit. But the idea is to invest a lot of money now, head out, smash them, and then annex them and improve our economy, while dropping some of the troops and letting the others slowly build.

That’s not a bad plan. But if it doesn’t work, we will be so far behind the other tribes that it could prove fatal. Plus, what happens if I begin building things up and suddenly, our target allies with a major power?

Anyway, let’s try it.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:30 PM   #21
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I send our Chief out to become a general. Giziga is a heavily forested area, so I won’t build any Horse Archers.

Let’s see what happens.

Severe winter is setting in as things run cold.

10 Mar 1445, Under the auspices of Chief/General Dygyn Dyaluncha, I send our 4000 troops to Penzhina.

11 May – We arrive. I see just the 2000 troops in Chavchuveny. They have not allied with anyone.

Our stability drops due to a lack of a casus belli. We have no real reason to send forth our tribesman and attack across the border like this.

Our army will arrive in a month or so.

18 June – Battle begins. Their Chief is also at the battlefront.

7 Jul – We have won and driven away half of their force in defeat and crushed the other half. We have begin the siege of Gizhiga while they retreat. We still have 3300 men.

1 Nov – Winter has arrived and our attrition penalty jacks up. We keep at it though.

4 May, 1446 – After a siege of almost a year, we have captured the full towns of Gizhiga.

I have two major options – vassalize or annex.

I annex them.

Post war we are down to 18 gold. I disband 1000 troops to keep myself at a decent 3k. For now I’ll keep the province at 3000 troops at 100% maintenance to prevent the large chance of rebellion from the local tribes.

Gizhiga – 1 tax value in the fur trade in this Kamchatkan Shamanist province. Makes less than one gold annually. Unrest right now is 13.4% and it has an autonomy of 50%.

I increase our stability back to 0.

The Khodynt have a claim on Gizhaga. That might be another problem in the future. I begin to curry favor with Chukchi and Ainu.

Old 11-05-2014, 11:53 PM   #22
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

14 May – We get an event. Our Merchants are worried about protection. I side with free trade and lose some range and effectiveness for a few months

2 Jan, 1447 – I send an order to increase our stability again.

Our revolt risk in Gizhiga has dropped to 9.5% after our stability rose twice.

(I might have misplayed that. Perhaps I should have migrated just before beginning war to Penzhina. Then I would have been adjacent to all of our foes, and helped to make assimilation much easier and reduce taxation problems and over-extension.)

Old 11-06-2014, 01:22 AM   #23
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

6 June - I use this as an opportunity to look around and take a look to see what else has been happening. There is a war in the Manchurian states right now.

I Order Khodynt’s independence guaranteed. I want to curry favor a bit with them, since they have a claim against us.

I mothball our ship while it is in port in Kamchatka harbor. This cuts our costs almost completely, and meanwhile will slowly, over time, reduce the fleet (In this case the single ship) to 25% strength, which will require some time to bring out of mothballs later. But it’s a good plan for us now.

So we’ve taken the first step to long term survival and thriving – conquering an enemy tribe that was looking our way. What is next though?

I think we have to colonize the province of Penzhina. We need to send our Kamchadal tribe over into the territory of local tribes, and settle there. By getting next to our holding Gizhiga, and the other two tribes as well, we can create a strong unified system.

In order to do that, we have to focus on a few major things. The most important thing we have to consider is out administrative power. We have to build it in order to develop our administrative knowledge. After two upgrades, we can choose a national Idea which will enable us to invest in colonists, people of our tribe that want to set up in a new region of Siberia in the name of our Kamchadal ways!

The first thing I am going to do is to set Administrative as our national focus. This will enhance our growth there a lot at the cost of military and diplomatic growth. I also decide to sacrifice any chance at making money by hiring an advisor.

Doing it this early, with this weak of an economy will set us back, financially, considerably. But it’s all hands on deck right now.

Say hello to Natural Scientist Tygyn Tykulcha, a level 1 advisor for our court. After doing so, we are now losing a tiny amount of gold monthly (roughly -0.1 after I massage our military a bit and drop its maintenance slightly). We can keep this up for a while, but we need to help our advisor.

After these changes, we are gaining 8 admin power a month, or 96 a year. As of right now, we need about 8 years of growth to gain our first tech in Admin.

Now basically we’ll fast speed over the next bit, stopping where appropriate, but there’s little to do for a while.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:33 AM   #24
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

13 March, 1448 – After building a solid reputation with the Chukchi, I return our diplomat home to do some assistance elsewhere.

2 April – I proclaim a guarantee against the Chukchi

23 Sept – I send a diplomat to increase relations with the Yeren nation, in Manchuria.

2 Nov – We maximized relations with Ainu and our diplomat returns.

Yeren is in an increasing number of wars.

21 May, 1450 – We gain Hardy Seamen event and increase our naval tradition.

21 July – Yeren lost one of their provinces to Korchin, and I send in a diplomat to help relations with them too, now that they have moved to the north.

6 Aug, 1451 – Maximized relations with Yeren.

1 Jun, 1452 – Our cash has dropped below 10 gold

1 Jan, 1453 – relations maxed with Korchin – next up Haixi in Manchuria. They have current control of every province of Yeren save Sakhalin in war.

Old 11-06-2014, 04:08 PM   #25
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

10 February, 1454 – We have enough to invest is new diplomatic tech, which gives us better understanding of navies and shipping.

23 May – Khodynt have announced that we are now their rival. I do the same.

I revoke our guarantee of Khodynt

There is a new mechanic called Power Projection we have, and we have begun along it with the declaring of a rival. If we hit 50, then we get a +1 to all three power investments.

6 Jan, 1455 – I have to fire our advisor, because I need to get ready in case we get into a random war with Khodynt.

5 July – Maxed relations with Haixi

Jianzhou is next

I take a mission to insult Khodynt.

28 Nov – We send an insult to Khodynt. We finish the mission and gain some power and prestige. Meanwhile Khodynt now has a claim against us for insulting them.

Our next mission is to fabricate a claim on the land of the Khodynt people, Kolyma. I send a diplomat to do that.

Old 11-06-2014, 05:21 PM   #26
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

2 Jan, 1456 – Keren is forced to be a vassal of Haixi

7 Aug – We develop our Admin Tech to level 3 – and improve our administration.

28 Dec – We have fabricated that claim. We finish another mission. This is a valid claim for 25 years.

I order us to Take Kolyma as our next mission

3 Jan, 1458 – Relations maxed with Jianzhou

29 May - I get an event and am forced to lose 50 Admin power over raising our inflation.

Korchin has gone to war aganst Buryatia, Yeren and Haixi

21 December – We raise our military tech which improves our defensives such as ramparts.

31 May, 1460 – I get a visit from some shady looking people. They have offered their services to our chief. We accept their offer and our spy offense increases for 5 years.

31 July – The Khodynt tribe just migrated westward from Kolyma to Yarmanka. This removes our claim against them (since it was against a land, not the tribe itself). Smart. Meanwhile, Kolyma is poor for a while, denuded of some value.

I cancel our mission to wrest Kolyma from them.

Old 11-06-2014, 06:45 PM   #27
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

27 Dec – I order a claim fabricated against their new landing place. Will they keep moving?

2 June, 1461 – Korchin is now at peace. They lost – they became a vassal to Haixi as well, as YTeren regained the land that Korchin had just captured recently.

1 Jan, 1462 – We have our new claims. This time I choose Remove Khodynt from the Map as my mission

Rebels have captured the Sakhalin Islands from Yeren

4 Jun – Now Jianzhou is at war with the Haixi, Yeren, Korchin hegemony.

2 October – I order 1000 troops built in Kamchatka

I jack up our military expenditures

21 March, 1463 – Our forces are all in Gizhiga. I declare war against the Khodynt Clan for Yarmanka.

With our Chief as war leader, I order our 4000 troops into Yarmanka to wrestle with the 2000 Khodynt warriors, now that winter is ending.

30 April – Battle has begun!

14 May We have won in Yarmanka and we lost 708 troops while the Khodynt tribe lost 912.

I detach a unit to keep besieging the place and order some of our forces to follow their army into Gizhiga.

11 July – We win in Gizhiga.

They flee to Tauisk, on the shore to the east of Gizhiga, and far from the siege in Yarmanka

1 Aug - They arrive in Tauisk and are attacked by the local tribes there on arrival and destroyed. Nasty stuff!

7 Aug – I order my forces back to Yarmanka to aid with the siege

13 Nov – Yarmanka falls to us.

16 Nov – We have defeated our rival Khodynt tribe and secured their borders as our own. I disband the newly built army.

Yarmanka – The furtrade here is plied by the local Yukaghir Shamanist folks. With a 40% autonomy and 10.8% unrest (due to this being a core province) we are better off than many.

Old 11-06-2014, 07:03 PM   #28
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Since we ended up with another area than we had originally looked for, let me get you a new map of the area.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 11-06-2014 at 07:07 PM.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:03 PM   #29
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

2 June, 14634 – I get a Generation of Cowards event. I choose to purge them and lose quite a bit of manpower.

1 Jan, 1465 – Rebels in Kagyrgyn have raised up against the Chukchi tribe and taken their land.

1 Feb – Chukchi is broken.

23 March – We increase our diplomatic tech to level 4 – marketplaces and docks.

2 April – Jinzhou lost some of her land in the war.

8 June, 1466 – A comet is sighted and we lose a stability.

6 June, 1468 – We get another event – Wave of Obscurantism. I choose Knowledge is Power and we get +2 national unrest for 2 years.

2 Sept – Are you ready?

We invest in new technology:

Administrative Level Four – National Ideas

We have selected the Exploration Idea. I thought about Expansion instead but we have a lot of diplomatic power here to use right now, and Expansion is an Admin idea, where I have competition for other stuff.

I should be able to have enough diplomatic power soon. Remember that our Chief was really good at diplomacy.

4 Oct – Haixi and Korea have gone to war.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:58 PM   #30
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

11 May, 1469 – We pick up the first level of Exploration – Colonial Ventures, and gain a colonist!

We have the land of Penzhina next to us. Populated by roving tribes such as the Chuvens and Koryak, this land is not under the auspices of a more settled nation of tribes ,such as ourselves. It is only fitting that we send some folks across the border to extend the reach of the Kamchadals Tribe!

Yrgal Eldan is leading our very first colonial venture!

9 July – We have established the colony in Penzhina, a ground connection with Gizhiga and Komchatka, at the northern part of the peninsula.

I offer to Chukchi to use their area for military access. They accept.

Uh oh. I am losing a lot of money on this colony thing. We’ll keep it up as long as I can. How about I jack down my military maintenance in half in order to help it out.

1 Dec – That didn’t help much. I reduce my colony maintenance to 50% of what it was too. That’ll slow us down, but it’s the only way.

25 Feb, 1470 – I still can’t get Chukchi to ally with us, no matter how hard I push.

1 Apr – I spend 20 ADM power ot make Gizhiga a core. Now that it is connected to us, we can build it up. I also spend 15 in Yarmanka as well for en-coring.

7 July – The local tribesmen in Penzhina rose and attacked our attempt to establish our own tribe there. It’s a big set back.

2 Jan, 1471 – I have to scrap one of our armies and raise our maintenance to help fight against the colonial hit this attack took. Plus its harder to have our colony take in an arctic environment.

7 Oct – Gizhiga is now a core land of the Kamchadal people!

That does seem to be helping us financially a bit, since we are now, for the first time, actually making tax revenue from it.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:45 PM   #31
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

13 April, 1472 – We have good news and bad news. Today, our Chief has passed. Long may he live with the spirits!

Our New Chief is:

Sulustaan Dyaluncha

Admin – 4
Dip – 0
Mil – 5

That’s a horrible diplomacy score!

We’ll change our national focus when we can.

Meanwhile, our stability dropped to -1. I raise it twice back to +1. (We have good metrics there.)

29 August – Penzhina will be a Fish economy, as the local salmon is found there in huge abundance. (20% of the world’s salmon can be found in Kamchatka!)

13 Sept – I alter our National Focus to Diplomatic. This gives us +6, +5, and +7 in each category, respectively.

5 Dec – Yarmanka is now a core province of the domain of the mighty Kamchadal Clan! We also finished our mission to do so.

I accept a mission to form an alliance with Chukchi!

1 Jan, 1473 – I massage my finances a bit more in the favor of the colony based on the improvements in our situation from Yaramanka.

Our Yukaghir People have been able to prove their loyalty and are now accepted as a part of the Kamchadal national fabric.

After their war with Haixi was over, Korea has now allied with the Ming Dynasty of China.

1 June, 1474 – We get a Festivities Event in Kamchatka! Do we…increase our stability by investing in this great event! Or use the money to invest into Kamchatka and increase our taxvalue there?

Invest!

That essentially doubles our taxvalue in our capital province. I’ll use the increased tax money to invest into our support of the colony some more!

11 October – We invest in a new technology:

Pike Square (Military 4)
Better tactics, land morale, and we can build an armory

Old 11-06-2014, 10:24 PM   #32
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Aug, 1475 – Penzhina, our colony, is up to 646 settlers thus far!

27 Nov – We get another event – Encourage the Encomienda System. We agree to protect the local tribes, such as the Chuvans, from other folks. We give these plans to the locals, led by Yrgal Eldan. In exchange for protection from other tribes, they agree to do some work in our burgeoning settlement.

The result is that Penzhina loses most of the native aggressiveness and gets 5 years of increased good production.

25 May, 1476 – After amping up our relations, we offer an alliance to Chukchi which is accepted!

Our mission has become a success.

Our next is to Colonize Tauisk.

18 June – I get an event and choose to lose 50 Dip power instead of raising our inflation.

5 November – The Clan of Chukchi views our alliance as defensive. They are unlikely to join us in offensive wars not directed to their rival. (That’s a nice addition and touch to the game)

23 November, 1477 – We get a Colony Company Founded, as 200 of our tribesman have headed out to the province of Omolon. Omolon is adjacent to both Gizhiga and Penzhina in the inner part of Kamchatka and east Siberia.

That’s a huge financial hit, supporting both colonies. Yuck!

3 February, 1478 – Luckily, Penzhina was close to becoming an actual settlement. Penzhina is now self sustaining!

Penzhina - - The Kamchatkan folk here celebrate their Shamanist ways while fishing and bringing in money in this coastal province in the Northern part of the peninsula, east of Gizhiga, north of Kamchakta, south of Omolon and Karakveyem, and south west of Kagyrgyn. With just a tax value of 1, and with arctic conditions, this is not a wealthy provinces, and we are just making 2.75 gold from here.

I send my colonist leaders to Omolon to support the randomly created colony there.

I actually didn’t want to expand this way yet, but alright. What are people want!

Old 11-06-2014, 11:21 PM   #33
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

20 June – We gain a Golden Era event and some prestige.

12 Sept – I offer Chukchi military access and they accept.

12 Feb, 1479 – We get good news that local foodstuffs can be found in fields in Omolon and it will be a good place to grow grains.

2 December, 1480 – We get an event to send in some young eligible women into Omolon which increases the colony by 200 and 20 manpower.

4 Mar, 1481 – I double down on stability and we are at +3

27 Feb, 1483 – Korea won a major war against Jianzhou and have taken multiple provinces, Now Haixi is vassalizing the weaker version. Haixi has basically won the Manchuria area.

1 Jan, 1485 – Omolon has grown into a full fledged colony!

Omolon – West of unclaimed Karalveyem, and east of now-unclaimed Kolyma is the land of Omolon. We have secured it from the nomadic tribes that live there with our farmers. With a tax value of 1, Omolon gives us grain and 1.22 gold from the Shamanist Kamchatkans.

Both Penzhina and Omolon have an autotomy of 50% locked. While those in conquered territory have decreased over time, these are not going anywhere.

Old 11-07-2014, 12:39 AM   #34
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

29 Mar – Our next colony, in Tauisk, west along the coast of Gizhiga, will help achieve our mission, which increases colonial growth there.

4 June – We have invested in some new knowledge:

Basic Financial Instruments (Dip 5)

Bonus trade range and efficiency

26 June, 1486 – A Plague has hit Omolon. We invest in helping and…We stop it, just losing the money we spend.

23 Dec – I order a Marketplace built in Kamchakta – our first major building project as a nation!

1 Feb, 1487 – Next investment:

Standardized Pikes (Mil – 5)

Bonus combat width, infantry shock, and enables better Asian troops.

14 Feb – I order our ship to be pulled out of mothballs and regain some strength. It’s still at 50% maintenance though.

22 Dec –

Constable & Temples (Admin – 5)

We can build those things

Our Marketplace is built!

I accept a mission to accumulate cash

11 January, 1489 – Our settlers bring back this funny yellow rock from Tauisk. Is this….gold? Wow! We order our leaders there to focus on mining gold!

Meanwhile, with a gold province here, I order our support of the colony to rise considerably to get a colony to hold it now. Right now we have 331 folks over there, so let’s hurry this thang along.

(Not sure if there are gold mines here: Kamchatka Gold | MINEX Russia 2013. Mining and Exploration Forum)

Old 11-07-2014, 01:32 AM   #35
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

9 Sept, 1490 – Ming continues to gobble up more provinces and nations around it. It’s a big brown blob.

14 Dec – Because of how successful it was in other places, we are bringing the same (Encomienda System) over to Tauisk.

2 Mar, 1491 – I begin to improve relations with the Ming Dynasty.

28 Nov – We pick up the second Exploration Idea, which involves Explorers and Conquistadors. I recruit an Explorer and Conquistador.

Tuskul Tykulcha is our new explorer!

I set him out to explore the nearby area.

28 December - We find the Kamchatka Basin.

23 Apr, 1492 – And now the Kamchatka Current

8 July – We kill some native clansmen in Suntar Kayata,

2 Aug – New Sea – the Attu and Kiska Islands

25 Jan, 1493 – Our Conquistador arrives in Sakha, a deep inland Iberian land. We are attacked by a few locals. We are going to keep heading west for a bit after we put down these nomads with delusions of glory.

18 Feb – We find the Bering Sea

9 Mar – And now the Tchouktchs Sea

4 April: It’s a great day!

Tauisk -= 1 tax value in the gold trade of this ex-colony. Kamchatkan culture has spread to our local Siberian tribes fellows, and we still follow the ancient ways here as well. West of Gizhiga, this coastal province is south of Suntar Khayata and east of Okhotsk.They make 2.15 gold for us with their 50% autotomy.

21 May - We have found the land of Kharya, behind three provinces from the sea.

22 June – We discover the Koskokwin Bay

25 July – Followed by the Shumagin Islands

6 Aug – We have fully enhanced our relations with Ming

3 Oct – We arrive in the province of Yakut.

24 Nov – We find the Maug Island area in the ocean

19 Dec - We headed south from Yakut and arrived in Nukhthui. I again order us south. It appears inhabited down there.

22 Dec – And the the Japan Current was found by our explorer

7 Mar, 1494 – We have accumulated wealth and finished that mission.

Our next is to fortify Kamchatka

9 April – We fund the land of Chara in the control of the Buryatian tribe. They are also a Siberian Clan Council! They have been vassalized by Oirat and are currently in a war with three hordes (Sibir, Kazan, Uzbek)

27 June – We find the Aleuts Basin.

While passing by, our Explorer, Tuskul Tykulcha, has found the Aleut islands, which are not inhabited well.

30 June – I lose 50 Admin power from an event

7 Aug – We find another Buryatian province in Kirenga.

Old 11-07-2014, 08:43 AM   #36
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

11 November, 1494:

50 Year Review!

This has been one of the slowest first 50 years in any successful dynasty I’ve ever played I’ve built precisely one thing (marketplace) and waged little war.

Here are the six lands that our tribe now calls home!

Kamchatka, marketplace, 2 tax value now, fish trade, currently 6.17 gold for us.

Penzhina, fishing too, 1 taxvalue, 1.28 gold.

Omolon – 1.22 gold via grain farming and 1 taxvalue

Gizhiga – 2.23 gold made by 1 tax and the fur traders

Yarmanka – Hunters here also bring in furs, and we get 2.18 from the 1 taxvalue folks

Tauisk – Gold mining here is a weak entry into our watch, with just 2.15 gold made with the 1 tax value.

Every ex-colony has 50% autonomy. Meanwhile our provinces are all Shamanist and Kamchatkan (save for Yarmanka, which is Yukaghir)

We are ranked 74th in Admin among all nations, 132nd in Diplomacy and 140th in Military

Pretty quick review!

I’ll give you a map though, like normal

You can see the Ming blob. And we are on top in a fan style set up. I think I’ll target the land behind the Chukchi tribe next. Or perhaps Okhotsk. Maybe that would help. I’m not sure if I want o build down to Yeren and Buryatia yet though

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 11-07-2014 at 08:44 AM.
Old 11-07-2014, 11:36 AM   #37
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

2 Dec – We arrive at the Mukhutua province, north of Buryatia. We are fighting off some locals.

10 Dec – They win and I send them north from Mukhtua into the land west of Yakut.

12 Feb, 1495 – We find the Andreanv Islands area in the ocean.

13 Mar – and then the Western North Pacific Drift

18 Mar – The land west of Yakut was Seganka. Now we head further west.

1 Aug – I order an Earth Rampart constructed in Kamchatka

9 Aug – We find the land of Chuna – I head south again

25 Sept – We uncover the Umnak Island area in the ocean

30 Oct – And then the North Pacific Drift

14 Nov – And then the East Tunguska province. South again.

9 Feb, 1496 – We arrive west of Buryatia in Ust-Kut. South again.

30 April – And now Irkutsk, west of Lake Baikal and north of the Oirat Horde. West!

1 July – Another Golden Era event

2 Aug – We build that fort in Kamchatka and our mission is completed.

18 Aug – We arrive in Sayan, north of Oirat. West again.

10 Sept – We find the Western Pacific

13 Dec – Our arrival in Kuznetsk is contested by locals. After defeating them in a few days, north again, because we also uncovered Pegaya Orda to the west.

Old 11-07-2014, 12:58 PM   #38
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

8 Mar – 1497 – We uncover two provinces north, the first is Kan, and then Chulyn above it.

Apr 19 – We find the Eastern North Pacific Drift

22 May – And then the Murray Fracture Zone

26 June – We arrive in Tomsk. North again baby

2 Oct – We find Turukhan and fight some locals. North again!

5 Nov – We have maximized relations with Buryatia

10 Jan, 1498 – We have arrived in Baykha. East!

9 Apr – I order a Temple built in Kamchatka

12 June – We discover the land of Uchamin. South!

3 July – We have an agricultural revolution in Omolon, and I use it to develop the tax base by 1.

4 July – We find the North Equatorial Pacific Current

25 Aug – We are challenged by locals in West Tunguska

I order our army to return after we win. I got a lot of exploring done. We only found low taxvalue 1 places nothing else of interest.

22 Feb, 1499 – I order a transport built in Kamchatka

I take a create a proper fleet decision

1 Sept – I order a Barque next

4 Dec – Our explorer boards the vessel. We’ll head back out and see if we can uncover any new land areas at sea.

Old 11-07-2014, 01:39 PM   #39
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
This has been one of the slowest first 50 years in any successful dynasty I’ve ever played I’ve built precisely one thing (marketplace) and waged little war.

fwiw, reading it has an almost Civ feel to it.

Not a complaint, just an observation.
Old 11-07-2014, 02:15 PM   #40
Grover
Pro Starter

Excellent. Was really hoping you'd take Exploration or Expansion first. Block those Russians!

Are you planning on going for Alaska and western North America?

Old 11-07-2014, 04:18 PM   #41
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
fwiw, reading it has an almost Civ feel to it.

Not a complaint, just an observation.

Yeah, it's definitely felt odd. I juts finished another few years, and it's been really quiet. And I've plated the whole thing on fastest sim speed, not something I normally do.

It's an unusual take of EU4, you know?

Old 11-07-2014, 04:19 PM   #42
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Excellent. Was really hoping you'd take Exploration or Expansion first. Block those Russians!

Are you planning on going for Alaska and western North America?

If it's richer than Siberia, I suspect I'll move into those areas. Anything will likely be richer than here, right? Right?

Old 11-07-2014, 04:21 PM   #43
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

23 Feb, 1500 – We land in Kodiak

I order them to explore more inland.

12 March – We uncovered the wilderness of Alaska when my vessels explore the Norton Sound

4 June – We find Kenai, and fight with some natives here, Totemists. Yuck

2 Aug – I order another transport built

6 Sept – Whoa! Our Explorer found a coastal province called Eyak from Kenai. We also mapped out both Cook Inlet and Glacier Bay from here too. We keep heading along the coast.

28 Dec – Our forces arrive in Yakutat and have also found, further along the coast, Sitka.

I order our forces back to Kodiak instead of continuing on

31 Jan, 1501 – We have built a proper fleet and finished that mission. I order colonists to Karalveyem, to the island, west, of the Tribe of Chukchi in Kagyrgyn

6 May – Our Colony takes

We can now invest in a new tech:

Military Tech – 6 – Arquebus

Better tactics, combat width, shock, and we get better cavalry

26 October – Our forces arrive back in Kamchatka. I combine our 1000 troops with another 1k and build a bigger army for more exploring.

19 Nov – We load up and head out again.

28 Jan, 1502 – We find Guam

13 July – An Excellent Year event grants us additional manpower

14 Nov – We find the Gulf of Alaska

3 Feb, 1503 Haixi annexed one of the Manchu nations, Jianzhou, and now we have just two.

We’ve pretty much explored as much as we can from Kamchatka. If we want to continue our explorations, we need a new base to do it from.

13 Aug – New tech:

Three Field Rotations (Admin – 6)

Bonus production efficiency and we can build farm estates

12 Feb, 1504 – Our Conquistador has passed

12 June – Out attempts to set up a new settlement for the Kamchadals has not been going super well in Karalveyem. We could send in some undesirables to speed things along. I agree. We lose unrest there and gain some serious settler increases.

Old 11-07-2014, 04:59 PM   #44
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

19 Sept, 1505 – Copper mines have opened in Karalveyem!

27 Dec – We again port in young eligible women into a colony, this time the one with the Copper Mines.

1 April, 1507 – New Tech!

Embassies (Dip – 6) - We can now build them!

10 Dec – The Chukchi just insulted us. Odd

24 July, 1508 – We lose 50 Mil power in an event

1 August – Karalveyem is now self sufficient

Karalveyem – 1 tax value made in the copper mines in this forested province west of the Chukchi in Kagyrgyn. 2.18 gold made for us from the 50% autonomy and Shamnist Kamchatkan folks. South of the Eastern Siberia wasteland and east of Omolon and north of Penzhina. It is a core of both ourselves and Chukchi who just fabricated a claim on it. Huh.

28 Nov – I order a Marketplace in Omolon

23 Feb, 1509 – Our Explorer passed

There’s really no area to expand into militarily. The Kuril Islands are close but require a ship to get to them from our side and that takes us into Hokkaido and Japan – not an area I want to fight for. I certainly don’t want to poke the big Manchu Hegemony led by Haixi, who has just annexed Korchin.

Old 11-07-2014, 06:03 PM   #45
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

25 Jan, 1510 – I dispatch some more tribal elements that want to find their own path to the land of Kolyma to create a new settlement under Kamchadal leadership.

19 July – We had another dopey Comet event lower out stability and I raised it again

1 Jan, 1511 – I order a diplomat to begin improving relations with Japan

10 Dec – New Tech!

The Limber (Mil – 7)

Better tactics, infantry fire, artillery fire, and we can build artillery

9 May, 1513 – I send diplomats to build relations with the Oirat Horde folks

17 Oct – Relations maxed with japan

23 July, 1514 – We get an event to warm relations with Chukchi

8 Dec – Fur hunting and trading is a key commodity in Kolyma

7 Jan, 1515 – We use the Encomienda System again in Kolyma

13 Jan – Tech increase, and this is a big one folks:

Noble Republic (Admin – 7) – Allows another group of ideas taken.

I take Economic ideas for two reasons. Its one of three paths that, upon completion, I can change our government. And, it can help me make the moneys.

Old 11-07-2014, 06:48 PM   #46
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

3 Mar, 1516 – Colony building is going slooooooooowly

1 Aug – Relations maxed with Oirat

19 Jan, 1517 – We’re not getting where I want in attacking folks. There’s no more military expansion options. And I’m allied with the only other person here. But I can’t vassalize them diplomatically. So perhaps I can push into them militarily?

I want to break our alliance – let’s begin fabricating a claim first

1 May – Alliance broken

11 May – They have cancelled military access

5 June – I cancel military access to their troops

6 July – I revoke our guarantee against them

1 Jan, 1518 – I send an insult

25 Jan – We now have a claim against them. We have a truce for a while due to breaking our guarantee.

We have to wait afew years until that is over. And then, boom!

4 Nov – I send a diplomat to build relations with Korea

13 Jan, 1520 – We get a Successful Bureaucracy event. Bonus taxes for 5 years!

19 June – I take Bureaucracy, the first of the Economic Ideas which gives us +10% taxes

That also unlocks Hunters of the North, and we give +1 attrition for anyone in our areas

5 Nov – I order 1000 soldiers assembled in Penzhina

7 May, 1521 – Our Chief becomes a general and goes to the front of the army to lead them

5 Jun – Relations with Korea maximized. Next up – Ming

1 Oct – Tech Advance!

Naval Ambitions (Dip 7)

Massive boost to colonial range, naval morale increased

Old 11-07-2014, 07:15 PM   #47
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

7 July, 1522 – Our treaty is up and I declare war against the Chukchi Tribe for Conquest!

Our army is ordered in. After being broken, they have but 1000 troops, and we have 4k.

27 July – A peasant revolt of 5000 troops arises in Karalveyem, probably some local tribe not liking our new way of doing things. I send my forces to Kagyrgyn first and deal with the Chukchi tribe

3 Aug – Kolyma is now self sustaining. We’ll review it post-war

3 Sept – We win the battle, such as it was, and begin the siege. Their army was entirely destroyed

23 Nov – I send colonists to Aleut

14 Mar, 1523 – The Aleut locals rise up and destroy our colony. I dispatch another group. Post war I can send some soldiers over to help out.

29 Jun – We have won the siege.

I order the army to hit the rebels in Karalveyem

2 July – The Chukchi tribe has granted us our land.

22 Jul – We defeat the rebels and they are gone

Kolyma – 1.58 gold made from the fur trapping and hunting that makes some semblance of an economy this far north. The Kamchatkan Shamanist folks are just south of the great wilderness in East Siberia, and east of Yaramanka, west of Omolon and north of Gizhiga. 1 tax value too

Kagyrgyn – Also Kamchatkan and Shamanist, this core province has a 1 tax value too as well as a decent fishing trade. With 6.5 unrest and 39.7 autonomy, it’s a decent place, with 1.03 ducats. I order a core made here. It has a level 2 wall, marketplace, temple, constable, armory and dock.

13 Nov – 1000 troops arrived at Aleut to guard our fledgling settlement from the highly aggressive natives.

Old 11-07-2014, 07:40 PM   #48
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan , 1524 – I order an Explorer general created with some diplomatic power and load him onto our transport in Aleut. I’ll be using that as a new base of expansion, although it’s not that far from Kamchatka, so it’ll not allow too much exploring.

Darkhan Dyaluncha sets sail from Aleut!

2 Mar – We gain 100 natives in an assimilation event in Aleut!

19 Mar – Wow! We found the Hecate Strait, and also uncovered the island province of Haida along the coast of this new land, as well as another nation – the Haida tribe, with 12000 soldier army in their capital of Nootka.

18 Apr – We headed south and explored the Salish Sea

19 June – New Tech:

Pike and Shot (Mil – 8)

Better tactics, fire, shock, combat width and we can build Marches and Training Fields

6 Oct – We find Cape Blanco south of the Salish Sea, and uncover more terrain on the coast. Three of them (Quileute, Siuslaw, Yuki)

14 Nov – I head out into the ocean and find the Northern California Current

14 Dec – Kagyrgyn is now a core part of the Kamchadal way of life!

27 Dec – We have very black news. Our Chief has passed.

Chief Darkhan Vankho

Admin – 1
Dip – 1
Mil – 1

Uh oh! That’s a horrible ruler. Long may he not reign!

I hire an Advisor for Diplomacy, Navigator Dokhsun Vavlya. We need all of thehelp we can get.

Old 11-07-2014, 08:44 PM   #49
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

17 Jan, 1525 – We pipe in more marriageable women into Aleut to prop up our settlement attempts there.

12 Feb – We are sufficiently able to hunt furs in Aleut to make it the main trade commodity there.

29 June – By sailing up and down the coast over in this new land, we have found more provinces, including Nisga’a and Tlingit there were south and east of our furthest explorations by land in Sitka.

14 Aug – We find San Francisco Bay

15 Sept – We map out the Gulf of Catalina and found Nakipa, a land province as well while landing for supplies.

1 Oct – While sailing back we have found Chumash, Pomo, and other coastal provinces off the San Francisco Bay or the Gulf of Catalina.

All of the nearby land in this new land is just as poor as Siberia. Aleut, Kodiak, Kenai, Eyak, Yakutat, Sitka, Tlingit, Haida, and Nisga’a are all just 1 tax value. It’s not until deeper down the coast that we find land that looks appealing. The best of the thus-far-discovered land is Miwok and Salinan, both at 4 taxvalue.

2 Feb, 1526 – After absorbing the final Manchurian vassal, Haixi has officially formed the Manchurian state.

15 July – South of the Cape of Catalina we find Cape San Lucas, and then turn and head back. Again, some more land here has opened before us.

23 Oct – We invest in a new Idea in the Economic group: Organized Construction. -20% build costs to all of our stuff!

28 May, 1527 – I sail out into the ocean west of the coast and find the California Current.

9 June – We put down some natives in Aleut

10 June, 1528 – We map out the Southern California Current – Alright – I’ve now done about as much as I can do from our base of operations in Aleut. We’ve also discovered every land province from us down to Cochini in Cape San Lucas.

26 Sept – I make Admin our National Focus again.

Old 11-07-2014, 09:25 PM   #50
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

3 June, 1529 – Another uprising in Aleut is put down

4 Aug – The colony is now self sustaining.

Aleut – 1 tax value in this island chain and archipelago. It’s Arctic too, and in the Aleuts Basin. We have changed the settlement here to Kamchatkan and Shamanist. There is a 75% autonomy. Yuck. The fur trade brings us just 1.02 gold on the 1 taxvalue investment. I don’t see any reason to keep expanding here right now. I can expand in Siberia with the same cost.

With Aleut as our base, I can reach down to Sitka, but not Tlingit. I could invest in our next idea in Exploration to increase our range 50% and head on down to somewhere around Chinook or Siuslaw, a bit south of the Haida. But that’s too far away to be feasible to protect militarily.

Instead we’ll wait and build our money a bit, and then hit a nearby place in Siberia heading west instead of east.

22 Jan, 1530 – The National Bank pays dividends and we make some gold from an event.

I use it to build….

Marketplace in Gizhiga

8 Aug – A Gift to the State arrives. I use it for a Marketplace in Yarmanka

30 Jan, 1532 – To help me build our economy right now, I fire our advisor.

After that, with no colony to support, we are now making about 3 ducats a month, or basically, one improvement a year at the reduced cost from our Idea.

7 Aug – We gain Local Fortifications in Karaveyem after we discover a local fortification expert

1 Sept – Temple ordered for Gizhiga