Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-18-2015, 05:23 PM   #901
Zinto
College Starter

We need a way to protect our generator and it seems like building the government building next will help us accomplish this. If we don't have a way I would be surprised if it is not the next thing to be sabotaged and we will have to spend a day repairing it.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 05:26 PM   #902
fontisian
College Prospect

Project Government
Effort Next Build
Old 02-18-2015, 05:28 PM   #903
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Unvote - Research Center
Vote - Government
Shoveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 05:30 PM   #904
timmae
College Starter

Do not let him die... Unspeakable option in my mind. One now.. Another one down the road... Then another. We need as much help as we can get. I would say put all docs on him I need be.

My understanding is scientists test theories, engineers design items and bodies build. Ef can confirm..
Old 02-18-2015, 05:31 PM   #905
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Project: Medical Center
Effort: Next Project

I don't think I need to say anything about where to assign me, as font seems to agree my spot is with Schmidty.

I should say, based on my skills, I don't have much other use, as I am no better than average at anything else, and frankly, I am worthless at Engineering.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 05:31 PM   #906
timmae
College Starter

If need be.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:31 PM   #907
Suicane75
Coordinator

Just FYI, I'm above average Physical but not a powerhouse, I like to think of myself as a Regan type, circa 1980.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 05:32 PM   #908
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Schmidty checked in, so it's not like he doesn't know the game is going. It's odd that he's not around at all (although not entirely inconsistent with his past behavior).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:33 PM   #909
Suicane75
Coordinator

Project: Goverment
Old 02-18-2015, 05:36 PM   #910
timmae
College Starter

For what it is worth I think that the solar collectors were out before we even arrived. We will need to continually assess what the stowaway may be affecting as things go along. EF has mentioned the heat source a number of times... I have a feeling that it may not necessarily be bad... Almost like we need to know more about this item in order to survive.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:43 PM   #911
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
"Here is a comprehensive list of people that have the skills to do the biodome" - conveniently leaves me off list because I have the skills as them. Um... ok.

I don't see any quote where I ever claimed it was comprehensive.
My original quote after listing the names was simply this -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
I'd suggest we pick our 3 BioDome workers from this group.
I think we've agreed that the skills most likely required would be Engineering and Physical strength.
If we want to go heavy on Engineering (Danny & Jackal?) but both come at the cost of physical strength.
If we want to go heavy on Strength (bitrock & JAG?), but comes at the cost of Engineering.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 05:48 PM   #912
Raven
College Prospect

I see the point in not committing valuable resources to a MIA Schmidty.
However, we could for the time being keep him around. If he remains SOS, we could at the very least send him on easy missions like resource gathering, or use him as cannon fodder at some point.

But if you do decide to let him die - I got first dibs on his pillow and his cheese and crackers rations.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:49 PM   #913
Raven
College Prospect

typo ^^ If he remains MIA, not SOS
Old 02-18-2015, 05:53 PM   #914
timmae
College Starter

This is like a bad b movie... 1 day and we are already talking about sacrificing the weak.. Lol.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:04 PM   #915
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Schmidty checked in, so it's not like he doesn't know the game is going. It's odd that he's not around at all (although not entirely inconsistent with his past behavior).

I am morally corrupt.

I hereby apologize for being timid!!
Old 02-18-2015, 06:13 PM   #916
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I am morally corrupt.

Be sure to vote so that EF doesn't drop a meteor on your head.

Old 02-18-2015, 06:15 PM   #917
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I am morally corrupt.

I take back that whole thing about letting you die! You're here. Let's patch you up.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 07:22 PM   #918
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

By my count we're at 9-9 gather supplies and next project.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 07:23 PM   #919
timmae
College Starter

Fontisian (LEADER)SOCIAL (GREAT), SCIENTIFIC (GOOD), MEDICAL (GOOD), PHYSICAL (GOOD), college history professor
DanGarionSOCIAL (GREAT) PHYSICAL (GOOD) MEDICAL (BELOW AVERAGE), ENGINEERING (BELOW AVERAGE), SCIENTIFIC (AWFUL) lead large group of succ. people. "well liked", Democratic
Zinto - CEO
Suicane - PHYSICAL (GOOD), retired politician with history of public service
CrimsonfoxSOCIAL (GOOD), PHYSICAL (GOOD?) , SCIENTIFIC (BELOW AVERAGE) , automechanic,
timmae (PRIMARY SCIENTIST)SCIENTIFIC (GREAT), ENGINEERING (GOOD), PHYSICAL (AWFUL) studied science his whole life, "engineering type"
RavenSCIENTIFIC (GOOD), PHYSICAL (GOOD) farmer. strong science background.
NarcizoSCIENTIFIC (GREAT), SOCIAL (OK), MEDICAL (OK) PHYSICAL (BELOW AVERAGE) chemist. bit of experience running small scale facility
SharkN20, SCIENTIFIC (GREAT), SOCIAL (GOOD) ENGINEERING (BELOW AVERAGE), PHYSICAL (AWFUL), professional gamer that used my life to develop your skills
GoldenEagleSCIENTIFIC (GOOD?) computer programmer, proposes deep analysis for scientific purposes
AutumnMEDICAL (GREAT) doctor and chief of staff at Boston general
Chief Rum (PRIMARY DOCTOR)MEDICAL (GREAT), ENGINEERING (AWFUL) worked in ER
ntndeaconMEDICAL (GREAT), ENGINEERING (BAD) EMT, but not a doctor
bitrockPHYSICAL (GREAT) SOCIAL (GOOD) ENGINEERING (AWFUL) police officer. record isn't perfect, and physical capability can sometimes cloud higher-order processes.
thomkal (SHERRIFF)SOCIAL (GREAT), PHYSICAL (GREAT), MEDICAL (LOW), ENGINEERING (BELOW AVERAGE), SCIENTIFIC (BELOW AVERAGE)retired Army general. primary concerns safety
shoveler - Private investigator
JAGPHYSICAL (GREAT), SOCIAL (GOOD), highschool football coach. experience leading and training
JackalENGINEERING (GREAT), SCIENTIFIC (GOOD), PHYSICAL (BELOW AVERAGE) MIT Prof of Engineering
Grover (PRIMARY ENGINEER)ENGINEERING (GOOD), SCIENTIFIC(GOOD), PHYSICAL (AVERAGE) 2 yrs as engineer on ISS. prof. astronaut, enginer and scientist by trade. leader of ISS mission. has lived in space
saldanaENGINEERING (GREAT), SOCIAL (GOOD), pHYSICAL (AVERAGE), MEDICAL (BAD), SCIENTIFIC (BAD) city planner
Danny ENGINEERING (GREAT), SCIENTIFIC (GREAT), MEDICAL (GOOD), PHYSICAL (BELOW AVERAGE), SOCIAL (BAD)
Schmidty
Old 02-18-2015, 07:24 PM   #920
timmae
College Starter

My take is that we are ok with supplies for another day... we can send some people out to gather supplies tomorrow.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:24 PM   #921
Shoveler
High School Varsity

What can we expect in the event of a tie?
Old 02-18-2015, 07:27 PM   #922
Grover
Pro Starter

I would assume that the Fontisian gets to break the tie.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:27 PM   #923
timmae
College Starter

possibly doing neither well. I'd rather we choose one or the other than be stuck with both.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:28 PM   #924
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
My take is that we are ok with supplies for another day... we can send some people out to gather supplies tomorrow.

I don't think it would be quite that simple since EF stated we might have shortages D1+2 if we go that route, but regardless I'd rather deal with a possible temporary food shortage in order to have the possibility of protecting our biodome (which should end food problems maybe?) and power supplies in the future.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:37 PM   #925
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
[color="Red"]Skills

Medical - This will be used when trying to heal players, the better the skill of the lead doctor the better the overall success of healing or treating, as well as the combined average of anyone working in that facility

Engineering - The greater the value, the more effective the designs for the various projects

Physical - The greater the number the player will be able to perform physical tasks better

Scientific - The greater the number of the lead scientist, the greater the discoveries, the average of those working in the scientific research facility will be used as well

Social - The greater the number, the higher the likelihood of "influencing" certain votes

Based on this, it seems like even without a research facility we should have the opportunity to make discoveries, we would just get more total 'science points' (maybe close to double) with a facility. Likewise we can just about double our effective healing with a medical facility assuming we have good people working there. It's not stated above, but it's possible we could have some opportunities for defending without the government set up, but it would just be less effective, however it's not as clearly spelled out as above.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:38 PM   #926
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Looking at the map I'm not certain where these supplies we are supposed to gather are located. There is no indication of where the first colony ship crashed other than a "sighting" location and a "heat source" over the mountain range to the East.

We do not have a medical center built yet, if we send some of us over the mountain range to the "sighting" location (assuming that is the first colony site), we risk losing people to mountain climbing injuries we are not prepared to handle.

Going for supplies at this point feels like it would be a mistake.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:38 PM   #927
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I feel like I've posted a ton and CF still has nearly double my posts. The man still has it.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:48 PM   #928
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post

where did you get that take?
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 07:50 PM   #929
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I feel like I've posted a ton and CF still has nearly double my posts. The man still has it.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:56 PM   #930
saldana
Pro Starter

can we please stop posting the JPEGS...they make it alot harder to follow the thread on smartphones or tablets
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 07:57 PM   #931
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I really don't see where making a government is more important than survival, food, medicine, sciencem etc at this point. I can only think that there are people that have secret goals for wanting such. Illuminati here we come...
Old 02-18-2015, 07:58 PM   #932
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
can we please stop posting the JPEGS...they make it alot harder to follow the thread on smartphones or tablets
Old 02-18-2015, 07:59 PM   #933
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I really don't see where making a government is more important than survival, food, medicine, sciencem etc at this point. I can only think that there are people that have secret goals for wanting such. Illuminati here we come...

Agreed. I don't get this either. Structure is cool and all, but survival? That's even cooler.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:01 PM   #934
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I too was going to urge government over research or medical facility, but I have a new concern since I am sheriff-security. EF has not mentioned to me that such a facility exists for us to build, but if one does, it would give us a jail, ways of tracking people, and perhaps weapons? I'm not sure we can go out and explore the screaming we heard unless we have some way of defending and attacking if need be. Thoughts?

We definitely should fix the comms sooner rather than later.

Quote:
Hope everyone feels better quickly EF!

I've had some clarification from mod about my security station question, so I will:

vote government facilities

I definitely think research/med center are important, but we may be needing a way to protect/investigate sooner rather than later.

Off for a bit.

Quote:
okay off for real this time, but wanted to make sure you understand why I'm voting for govt creation-I believe that doing so will either give me powers or options to build things I will need if I'm going to be able to do my job as sheriff and keep you all safe.

Illuminati that.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:02 PM   #935
Suicane75
Coordinator

To me supplies= health

Everything else can be accomplished eventually, bad health will eff us up.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:05 PM   #936
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

CF,

Normally I would agree with you, but in this game a Government from what I know about it, will let us do things to help keep everyone safe-and perhaps help Font lead better. Things like the National Guard if this was being done on Earth as an example.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:07 PM   #937
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
CF,

Normally I would agree with you, but in this game a Government from what I know about it, will let us do things to help keep everyone safe-and perhaps help Font lead better. Things like the National Guard if this was being done on Earth as an example.

safe from what? rocks?
Old 02-18-2015, 08:10 PM   #938
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I think what I'm sensing is people think we're playing chaos spawn and are all paranoid and we aren't. This is eagle's game whatever it is. WHile I"m sure there may be monsters and such to come, that doesn't mean we can't take care of them. We don't need a government to defend ourselves or to shoot things do we?
Old 02-18-2015, 08:10 PM   #939
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
To me supplies= health

Everything else can be accomplished eventually, bad health will eff us up.

But the thing is we don't know for sure if we will need those supplies or not-as EF said earlier not getting supplies MAY result in food/water shortages. I'm willing to take the risk to get something we WILL definitely need than something we may not need. And hopefully the bio-dome will be ready to go after today and that possibility will be moot.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:12 PM   #940
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
safe from what? rocks?

you do know that we had a stowaway right? And someone could have survived that crash that wants to kill us all too?
Old 02-18-2015, 08:13 PM   #941
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
I think what I'm sensing is people think we're playing chaos spawn and are all paranoid and we aren't. This is eagle's game whatever it is. WHile I"m sure there may be monsters and such to come, that doesn't mean we can't take care of them. We don't need a government to defend ourselves or to shoot things do we?

You haven't seen any guns yet have you?
Old 02-18-2015, 08:13 PM   #942
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 941

Project
Research Center 8 - Narcizo (674), Grover (729), The Jackal (736), Sharkn20 (768), CrimsonFox (770), saldana (846), timmae (847), Danny (898)
Government 7 - Thomkal (758), JAG (765), britrock88 (842), Zinto (900), fontisian (902), Shoveler (903)
Medical Center 2 - Raven (851), Chief Rum (905)
Fix Communications 1 - Autumn (844)
No Vote 1 - Suicane75 (884)

Effort
Next Build 11 - Autumn (763), Narcizo (812), JAG (824), timmaee (847), Shoveler (854), Thomkal (863), Danny (898), Zinto (900), fontisian (902), Chief Rum (905)
Gather Supplies 8 - Sharkn20 (806), CrimsonFox (811), The Jackal (814), britrock88 (842), saldana (846), Raven (851), Grover (883), Suican75 (884)

Biodome Workers
Grover - appointed by fontisian
saldana - appointed by fontisian
JAG - appointed by fontisian
Grover 6 - Crimsonfox (813), JAG (820), Grover (825), Narcizo (828), britrock88 (842), The Jackal (848)
saldana 6 - CrimsonFox (813), JAG (820), Grover (825), Narcizo (828), britrock88 (842), The Jackal (848)
The Jackal 4 - JAG (820), Narcizo (828), The Jackal (848), Raven (851)
Raven 2 - CrimsonFox (813), britrock88 (842)
Danny 2 - Grover (825), Raven (851)
JAG 1 - Raven (851)

Medics for Schmidty
Chief Rum - appointed by fontisian
Autumn - appointed by fontisian

Yet to Vote
Schmidty, ntndeacon, GoldenEagle, DanGarion

Last edited by EagleFan : 02-18-2015 at 08:16 PM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:15 PM   #943
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:

Do we have guns though? I think if our law enforcement is empowered by the government building we should build it. I am worried if we can't protect buildings we will be in a perpetual fix what is broken cycle.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:17 PM   #944
Grover
Pro Starter

I am really starting to question Thomkal's motive. He is so big into the government thing so HE can do more. It sounds like the sheriff security role is a guise for wanting more power. Retired military does not mean honorably discharged or retired. I am very hesitant in moving forward with the government project until all other systems are in place.

I don't trust the way this is beginning to look with all of his pushing and pressuring.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:19 PM   #945
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
I am really starting to question Thomkal's motive. He is so big into the government thing so HE can do more. It sounds like the sheriff security role is a guise for wanting more power. Retired military does not mean honorably discharged or retired. I am very hesitant in moving forward with the government project until all other systems are in place.

I don't trust the way this is beginning to look with all of his pushing and pressuring.

The real question is what do you get out of having the research center built next? We know Thomkal gets a bonus for the government building. What do you get as the head engineer from the research center?
Old 02-18-2015, 08:23 PM   #946
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
The real question is what do you get out of having the research center built next? We know Thomkal gets a bonus for the government building. What do you get as the head engineer from the research center?

Nothing at all. I pushed for what I wanted and I've gotten it. Biodome was my immediate priority and the crew agreed with yesterday's voting.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:26 PM   #947
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
You haven't seen any guns yet have you?

no but how is having a government going to get us guns?
I would think we already had them.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:26 PM   #948
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Nothing at all. I pushed for what I wanted and I've gotten it. Biodome was my immediate priority and the crew agreed with yesterday's voting.

I find it difficult to imagine that you don't have some kind of role that is wrapped up in the research facility. Will it make you as difficult to deal with as a corrupt sheriff? Probably not since his role implies that he can enforce the laws as he sees fit.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:28 PM   #949
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I feel pretty ok about Thomkal myself, as much as anyone. I think he's pushing an agenda he feels more confident will bring gain to the colony than others, even though it helps him personally as well.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:29 PM   #950
Grover
Pro Starter

The only interest I have in the research center is that I have a good scientific background. Creating a Biodome was my priority. I've accomplished that. Now I want timmae and his science group to be able to study Mars like never before.

There is nothing in it for me to my immediate knowledge.