Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-21-2022, 12:31 PM   #6151
whomario
Pro Starter

“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 12:56 PM   #6152
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

The jokes about Tiffany Trump not being included in the lawsuit are *chef's kiss*.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 01:21 PM   #6153
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Are we getting him this time?
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 02:35 PM   #6154
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I will believe it when I see it.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 03:03 PM   #6155
GrantDawg

A lawsuit will take years, and we see how they slow drag even the criminal investigation when it comes to Trump. So, no. It is not likely this will "get him."

Old 09-21-2022, 03:43 PM   #6156
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 04:53 PM   #6157
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I'm shocked, SHOCKED I tell yaz!!!!1!2

Ohio GOP House candidate has misrepresented military service
Old 09-21-2022, 05:15 PM   #6158
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Does not even occur to Dersh that Trump & Co. might not have defrauded the banks.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 06:19 PM   #6159
GrantDawg

And there is a simple answer to his question. The government was able to get information that the banks probably could have never gotten. It is not even a good argument, just an admission that the fraud occured.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 09-21-2022 at 06:20 PM.
Old 09-21-2022, 06:48 PM   #6160
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

J6 committee going to interview Ginni Thomas...

and the appeals court granted the DOJ their request regarding Cannons ruling.
Old 09-21-2022, 06:53 PM   #6161
GrantDawg

11th Appeals court rules against Trump, and in pretty spectacular fashion. Two of three judges that red against him were appointed by him.

Old 09-21-2022, 06:58 PM   #6162
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Appeals panel says judge erred in blocking DOJ probe of Mar-a-Lago documents - POLITICO
Old 09-21-2022, 07:01 PM   #6163
GrantDawg

My favorite part "the district Court abused its discretion in exercising jurisdiction over the Plaintiff's motion as it concerns the classified documents."

Old 09-21-2022, 07:01 PM   #6164
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

Ah, Barr thinks they should be going with the affluenza defense.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 07:13 PM   #6165
Thomkal
Head Coach

And two Trump appointees on that appeal too-glad they called her out on her ruling.
Old 09-21-2022, 07:54 PM   #6166
Atocep
Coordinator

This ruling is really bad for Trump. It absolutely blasted Judge Cannon, is in line with DOJ arguments, and basically says unless Trump has a good excuse he's hiding that he likely committed a crime.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 08:53 PM   #6167
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

This thread goes into an angle I had not thought of:

Trump's litigation strategy has made it slightly more likely that they indict him sooner rather than later.

I, personally, don't think they will until after the mid-terms (if at all). But this is a bit of food for thought.
Old 09-21-2022, 09:30 PM   #6168
GrantDawg

Trump just went "I can declassify documents with my mind" defense. Which is really not a defense.

Old 09-21-2022, 09:55 PM   #6169
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

From what people are saying, the Hannity interview just seems . . . tired?

He's bringing up Hillary's emails. He's saying he can declassify things with his mind.

DeSantis is out there flying immigrants around the country to own the libs. Trump is talking about Hillary's emails. Might MAGA be ready to change the channel?

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 09-21-2022 at 09:55 PM.
Old 09-21-2022, 10:02 PM   #6170
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Trump just went "I can declassify documents with my mind" defense. Which is really not a defense.

Yeah never told anyone this, but I can send people to jail with my mind. Here Donald let me show you!
Old 09-22-2022, 06:47 AM   #6171
miked
College Starter

Well, the lead story on Foxnews is about the woke military dropping "mom" and "dad" or something and some guy who ran down a teen because of his political views. There is not one article on their entire front page about the appeals court ruling. Not one.
Old 09-22-2022, 06:56 AM   #6172
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

They are going to exploit the hell out of the teen who got ran over, which is a tragedy, while praising Kyle Rittenhouse as a hero
Old 09-22-2022, 06:59 AM   #6173
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
Well, the lead story on Foxnews is about the woke military dropping "mom" and "dad" or something and some guy who ran down a teen because of his political views. There is not one article on their entire front page about the appeals court ruling. Not one.
Had to look, and you are dead-on right. What I find hilarious is these huge fear-mongering headlines all over the page about how "woke" is coming to get them, and then an article how Biden is fear-mongering about MAGA.
Old 09-22-2022, 11:56 AM   #6174
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

I DECLARE DESCLASSIFICATION!
Old 09-22-2022, 01:46 PM   #6175
GrantDawg

Judge Dearie is ripping Trump apart bit by bit.
Old 09-22-2022, 01:58 PM   #6176
GrantDawg

I still feel like most of this stuff is going nowhere, but it is so much fun watching these guys get legally dunked on.
Old 09-22-2022, 02:03 PM   #6177
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Trump's M.O. for as long as I have been paying attention is to say/imply things in the media but then stop just short of actually making formal representations in court. This is a great media strategy b/c they are basically just stenographers and never follow up.

But it is nice to see a court actually hold him to his media statements. If it is true, then say it. If it isn't, then say that too.

My guess is that they will end up saying that the process is so corrupt that they are withdrawing their motion. At this point, the SM isn't delaying the criminal investigation nor it is going to work as some sort of back-door suppression motion.

All it is doing is forcing Trump to put things on the record that might hurt his trial defenses in the future.

If he were my client, I'd advise him to cut bait on the SM at this point.
Old 09-22-2022, 02:27 PM   #6178
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Trump's M.O. for as long as I have been paying attention is to say/imply things in the media but then stop just short of actually making formal representations in court. This is a great media strategy b/c they are basically just stenographers and never follow up.

But it is nice to see a court actually hold him to his media statements. If it is true, then say it. If it isn't, then say that too.

My guess is that they will end up saying that the process is so corrupt that they are withdrawing their motion. At this point, the SM isn't delaying the criminal investigation nor it is going to work as some sort of back-door suppression motion.

All it is doing is forcing Trump to put things on the record that might hurt his trial defenses in the future.

If he were my client, I'd advise him to cut bait on the SM at this point.
I think that is what is going to happen, but not until they at least take a shot at the Supreme Court ruling on the motion. If they did by some miracle get a favorable ruling on the documents by the Supreme Court, they will go back to Cannon and ask her to change Special Masters. They might go back and request a change pre-SC judgement at this rate.
Old 09-22-2022, 02:50 PM   #6179
GrantDawg

Bloomberg did an article on how child predators are using Twitch to find children and teens. As if on cue:
Old 09-23-2022, 06:23 AM   #6181
GrantDawg

Quote:
I think that is what is going to happen, but not until they at least take a shot at the Supreme Court ruling on the motion. If they did by some miracle get a favorable ruling on the documents by the Supreme Court, they will go back to Cannon and ask her to change Special Masters. They might go back and request a change pre-SC judgement at this rate.
I'm taking this back, because Judge Cannon has now amended her original order. She removed the classified documents from the Special Master review. Trump now can't appeal the 11th circuits decision to the Supreme Court because the order no longer stands. It seems the rebuke Cannon got was bad enough that she actually feared sanctions if she continued to show Trump that level of favoritism.
Old 09-23-2022, 07:01 AM   #6182
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm taking this back, because Judge Cannon has now amended her original order. She removed the classified documents from the Special Master review. Trump now can't appeal the 11th circuits decision to the Supreme Court because the order no longer stands. It seems the rebuke Cannon got was bad enough that she actually feared sanctions if she continued to show Trump that level of favoritism.

I don't think it was fear. I think that she really isn't that competent.

If an appellate court vacates a trial court judgment and remands with instructions to do something, then the trial court should do that.

But, here, the 11th just granted a temporary stay of the order while the appeal is pending. As much as a benchslap as the 11th Circuit's order was--it was not a ruling on the merits. The actual appeal still had to happen.

So it is really weird for her to have sua sponte amended her order in response. That was not expected or called for or routinely done.

And I don't think that it is 4-D chess on her part. I think that she just does not get the day-to-day mechanics of her job.
Old 09-23-2022, 07:24 AM   #6183
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post

FWIW

North Dakota official says 'no evidence' supports suspect's claim teen was Republican 'extremist'
Old 09-23-2022, 08:21 AM   #6184
PilotMan
Head Coach

I think just like Rittenhouse, it's going to come down to what actually happened in that moment. That and the perception of what is happening to each person moment by moment are all that really matter. We've heard nothing at all about it so far. I will say, if you're looking for a hotbed of trumpism, Nodak is about as close to state sponsored kool-aid drinking as you'll find.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 11:44 AM   #6185
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I think just like Rittenhouse, it's going to come down to what actually happened in that moment. That and the perception of what is happening to each person moment by moment are all that really matter. We've heard nothing at all about it so far. I will say, if you're looking for a hotbed of trumpism, Nodak is about as close to state sponsored kool-aid drinking as you'll find.
Unlike Rittenhouse, I very seriously doubt this idiot is going to be considered a hero among Democrats, get paid speaking gigs at conventions, or people are going to wear t-shirts in support of him.
Old 09-23-2022, 12:14 PM   #6186
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I bet this dude also claimed back in high school to have a GF in Canada that he met during summer vacation...

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 09-23-2022 at 12:14 PM.
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 02:34 PM   #6187
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I bet this dude also claimed back in high school to have a GF in Canada that he met during summer vacation...

I think the best thing here would be for Biden to declassify his military records.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 02:59 PM   #6188
Kodos
Resident Alien

Maybe Trump could declassify them with his mind.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 03:05 PM   #6189
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
I think the best thing here would be for Biden to declassify his military records.

Or investigate him for leaking classified information. He's the one that gave up Intel on these "classified" deployments.
Old 09-23-2022, 06:19 PM   #6190
Ksyrup

DeSantis' election integrity czar died of a massive heart attack this afternoon. Pete Antonacci. I won't speak ill of the dead, but let's just say his shenanigans in a civil matter I got thrown into as a young attorney convinced me never to step foot in a courtroom again. I appreciate that he gave much of his life to public service, but it does not surprise me that he ended up working in the DeSantis administration.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 09-24-2022, 02:00 AM   #6191
stevew
Hall Of Famer

How would they even try Trump in court. Surely Jurors couldn’t have access to the classified materials, right? Is it a military tribunal type thing?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 07:40 AM   #6192
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

They convicted Reality Winner didn't they?
Old 09-24-2022, 09:01 AM   #6193
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
They convicted Reality Winner didn't they?
It is a good question. My guess is they really don't have to see the contents of the documents, because the trial isn't about what was in them but what they are.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 09-24-2022 at 09:02 AM.
Old 09-24-2022, 09:07 AM   #6194
JPhillips
General Manager

As was noted in the appeal decision, the confidentiality argument doesn't really matter. These documents are the property of the government and Trump refused to return them.

I doubt he gets indicted, but if he does the trial won't hinge on what is and what isn't confidential, it will be much more simple.
Old 09-24-2022, 09:34 AM   #6195
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
How would they even try Trump in court. Surely Jurors couldn’t have access to the classified materials, right? Is it a military tribunal type thing?

the trial would be about him possessing the documents, not their contents. Though I agree with J, I doubt he gets indicted and if he does no way he gets convicted. There will be t least one Trumper on the jury unless it is some kind of bench trial.
Old 09-24-2022, 10:05 AM   #6196
PilotMan
Head Coach

Look if other former presidents can go to jail, so can ours. American exceptionalism doesn't extend that far. Law and Order and all that.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 10:31 AM   #6197
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
the trial would be about him possessing the documents, not their contents. Though I agree with J, I doubt he gets indicted and if he does no way he gets convicted. There will be t least one Trumper on the jury unless it is some kind of bench trial.

It would be a badge of honor for some low-key Trumper (someone who doesn't do social media and isn't loud and obnoxious about it) to get himself on that jury and prevent a conviction. In fact, I imagine someone could make a pretty penny in appearance fees, celebrity and what-not for months afterward. Guaranteed that will be on many minds if he's ever indicted.
Old 09-24-2022, 11:22 AM   #6198
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
It would be a badge of honor for some low-key Trumper (someone who doesn't do social media and isn't loud and obnoxious about it) to get himself on that jury and prevent a conviction. In fact, I imagine someone could make a pretty penny in appearance fees, celebrity and what-not for months afterward. Guaranteed that will be on many minds if he's ever indicted.

totally. To be the one voice of reason against 11 deep state libs trying to railroad the true president. Gold mine.
Old 09-25-2022, 04:52 PM   #6199
Atocep
Coordinator

Trump's Republican Support Plummets by 20 Points, New Poll Shows

Trump has also apparently been calling large GOP donors asking them to stop donating to Desantis.
Old 09-26-2022, 01:26 PM   #6200
cuervo72
Head Coach

Eh, might as well post this here.

Pennsylvania school district bans Girls Who Code book series | Pennsylvania | The Guardian

"In a statement explaining the ban of the diverse resources, the school district’s board president at the time, Jane Johnson, said: “What we are attempting to do is balance legitimate academic freedom with what could be literature/materials that are too activist in nature, and may lean more toward indoctrination rather than age-appropriate academic content.”

Encouraging girls to code is too activist.