Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-19-2022, 11:50 AM   #6351
HerRealName
College Prospect

Wilder was a very underrated leader in the Civil War. He saw very early the importance of repeating rifles. He didn't get much support from his superiors so he scrapped to raise the funds to buy his mounted infantry the repeating rifles. He even used his own savings and took out a loan to buy the repeaters but I think he was eventually reimbursed by the US Govt.

The repeating rifles immediately flipped the previous Confederate calvary superiority. He led the way on the Tullahoma campaign to kick the Confeds out of Western Tennessee and pretty much saved the Army's Northern flank before the battle of Chickamauga.

At least that moron brought a little attention to a deserving leader even if it was for the wrong reason.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 03:33 PM   #6352
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I'm in Vegas for a couple days and man, the political ads in Nevada are something else. "My opponent advocated hanging another political opponent, said we should shoot certain people like rabid dogs, and ... [Ends with an anti-abortion position, which is certainly anticlimactic compared to the rest of the list]."
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 03:34 PM   #6353
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I don't think she rewrote anything. I don't think it was anything other than "military monument in the south = confederacy." That was the clear assumption.

Yeah, she doesn't know who these people were and just assumed it was for the Confederacy and thought this would own the libs or whatever.

Kind of insulting to someone who fought for this country but these people are the phoniest patriots imagineable.

Last edited by RainMaker : 10-19-2022 at 03:35 PM.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 10:17 PM   #6354
cuervo72
Head Coach

"Always" defend history. Japanese internment? Treatment of the mentally ill? Syphilis studies? Smallpox blankets? Slavery? (I mean, sort of implied above.)
Old 10-20-2022, 12:17 AM   #6355
RainMaker
General Manager

https://www.theverge.com/c/23374765/...-2020-homeland
Old 10-20-2022, 07:47 AM   #6356
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post

The outcry and oversight on this went away much too quickly. I mean, I could understand it if it was too conspiracy theory but NPR was reporting on it - not somebody's Facebook page or tabloid.

This is the type of thing the both-sides crowd seems to (often willfully) miss. There were no Democrats using an alphabet soup of willing agencies as a private police force in unmarked vans to whisk people off the street, ostensibly to "protect monuments". Or tear gas protesters to hold a Bible upside down. Or pushing a fake theory to the Supreme Court to allow for rigged elections because it's the only way they can win a popular national election - well, that and try to pull a bunch of legit voter registrations, break down any voter protection laws, and voter intimidation. But, again, tell me how this is a policy discussion like, say, how best to spend our tax money and not walking us down the road to brutal apartheid fascism?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 10-20-2022 at 07:48 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 11:30 AM   #6357
cuervo72
Head Coach

Hoo boy.

Old 10-20-2022, 11:37 AM   #6358
Kodos
Resident Alien

Listen up: She speaks reason!
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 11:57 AM   #6359
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Should I know who that is? I'm assuming a Newsmax host, which means she was too crappy even for Fox.

SI

Old 10-20-2022, 12:37 PM   #6360
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Lara Logan (born 29 March 1971) is a South African television and radio journalist and war correspondent. She was a correspondent for CBS News between 2002 and 2018. 60 Minutes executive producer Jeff Fager called her factually incorrect and politically slanted story on the 2012 Benghazi attack "the worst mistake on my 10-year watch." In 2019, she joined the Sinclair Broadcast Group, a conservative media company. In January 2020, she joined Fox Nation, a subscription streaming service run by Fox News. In March 2022, she said she had been "dumped" by the network.

Old 10-20-2022, 12:42 PM   #6361
JPhillips
General Manager

She's nuts, but I have a hard time going after her after she was raped. That really seems to have disconnected her from reality.
Old 10-20-2022, 01:03 PM   #6362
cuervo72
Head Coach

True (though some people look to have chimed in to the effect of "lots of us have been raped but we haven't all gone batshit insane.").
Old 10-20-2022, 07:16 PM   #6363
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

When you've lost Newsmax...

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 10:29 PM   #6364
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

sounds tasty.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 07:13 AM   #6365
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I missed the part in Sunday School where Jesus talked about national border security.
Old 10-21-2022, 07:25 AM   #6366
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I seem to remember at the end of the Good Samaritan, when asked "who is my neighbor", Jesus said "Only people with the long form birth certificate from their country of origin. Everyone else can get fucked."

SI

Old 10-21-2022, 07:40 AM   #6367
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
When you've lost Newsmax...

Or when Newsmax succumbs to the woke left and engages in cancel culture.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 07:58 AM   #6368
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I guess OAN it is!

SI

Old 10-21-2022, 01:40 PM   #6369
Thomkal
Head Coach

Bannon gets 4 months, which I'm sure he will appeal so he won't go to jail right away, but at least for now no Trump to pardon him.

I'm not sure I've seen a better example of contempt of congress than Bannon. He should be the poster boy for it. I really wish the minimum sentence was a year, a larger fine, not being able to vote in a federal election, fund raise for anyone there, or hold any position at the federal level anymore.
Old 10-21-2022, 01:41 PM   #6370
RainMaker
General Manager

He'll never spend a minute behind bars.
Old 10-21-2022, 02:03 PM   #6371
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I'm assuming his play here is just to wait until November and if the House goes GOP, this all just goes away

SI

Old 10-21-2022, 02:17 PM   #6372
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

What exactly could a GOP house do to get Bannon out of jail at this point?
Old 10-21-2022, 02:19 PM   #6373
Kodos
Resident Alien

End the January 6 committee and say we're all done. Nothing to see here.
Old 10-21-2022, 03:02 PM   #6374
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Even then how would that get Bannon out of jail? He's been convicted.
Old 10-21-2022, 03:09 PM   #6375
Thomkal
Head Coach

Trump officially subpaened by the Jan 6 committee and ordered to appear on my birthday Nov 14. Also Washington Post reports that Trump had classified documents on China and Iran at Mar-a-Lago
Old 10-21-2022, 05:04 PM   #6376
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Even then how would that get Bannon out of jail? He's been convicted.

He has years of appeals ahead of him. Even after exhausting all those (and assuming he doesn't find a friendly Trump judge to overturn), he might have a Republican President ready to pardon. Or he'll claim some medical reason why he can't serve it (like Rick Gates).

He'll never spend a day in prison. People like that have a different justice system from the rest of us.
Old 10-21-2022, 05:15 PM   #6377
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Trump officially subpaened by the Jan 6 committee and ordered to appear on my birthday Nov 14. Also Washington Post reports that Trump had classified documents on China and Iran at Mar-a-Lago

Just tell him it's a new par 3 hole.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 05:24 PM   #6378
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
He has years of appeals ahead of him. Even after exhausting all those (and assuming he doesn't find a friendly Trump judge to overturn), he might have a Republican President ready to pardon. Or he'll claim some medical reason why he can't serve it (like Rick Gates).

He'll never spend a day in prison. People like that have a different justice system from the rest of us.

cosigned
Old 10-22-2022, 04:09 PM   #6379
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Bannon gets 4 months, which I'm sure he will appeal so he won't go to jail right away,

It is Bannon, so he might get to defer his reporting to BOP until after his appeal. But for most federal defendants--even those on pre-trial release--the strong expectation is that you start serving your sentence while your appeal is pending.

And if your conviction gets overturned on appeal, do you get any credit for the time you wrongfully served. Ha Ha. LOL. No.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 08:12 PM   #6380
cuervo72
Head Coach

Early voters in Georgia face obstacles under state’s new election law | US news | The Guardian

Quote:
Jennifer Jones, a Morehouse School of Medicine PhD student, showed up to her precinct in Fulton county, Georgia, on the second day of early voting for the midterm elections. She was excited to cast her ballot for her chosen candidates in the gubernatorial and Senate races, Stacey Abrams and Senator Raphael Warnock. However, when she reached the check-in station at the polling site, she was informed that she would be unable to cast a regular ballot because her validity as a voter was challenged.

“When I handed in my ID, the poll worker said I was being challenged,” said Jones. “They said I had to complete a provisional ballot, but I wasn’t really comfortable doing that, so I didn’t get to cast my ballot that day.”

Under the state’s new Election Integrity Act, Georgia citizens can challenge a voter’s eligibility on the state’s voting rolls an unlimited number of times.
Old 10-22-2022, 08:20 PM   #6381
Atocep
Coordinator

In Arizona you also have armed people in tactical gear sitting just past 75 feet from drop boxes (75 feet is what the law requires) through the day and night. Then others are recording, following, and harassing people trying to drop ballots off at boxes.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 08:39 AM   #6382
Kodos
Resident Alien

Just as our forefathers envisioned.

Last edited by Kodos : 10-23-2022 at 08:42 AM.
Old 10-23-2022, 08:59 AM   #6383
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I saw Trump refused to provide DNA in the E Jean Carroll case, because you know, he is totally innocent, so Mary Trump gave hers instead.
Old 10-23-2022, 09:19 AM   #6384
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

And it begins: GA election officials investigating after suspected fake ballot discovered at early voting location – WSB-TV Channel 2 - Atlanta
Just as reference, Spalding is about an hour out of Atlanta and is a very Red county with a decent size black population in the county seat. My guess would be it was someone working the polls that slipped that in. There is at least one person (if not more) that watched over the machine as voters scan their ballots in, and someone scanning in two would stand out. I expect we will see more of this, probably in areas were the Q-people are able to get in to work the polls and try throw fake ballots everywhere they can to make the appearance of a compromised election.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 10:59 AM   #6385
Thomkal
Head Coach

AG Garland and other DOJ bigwigs having a press conference at 1:30 today to discuss a "significant national security measure". I don't know if this is going to be about people stalking/observing ballot boxes in Arizona and elsewhere or something more. For a change, so far the media doesn't know either.
Old 10-24-2022, 11:49 AM   #6386
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
AG Garland and other DOJ bigwigs having a press conference at 1:30 today to discuss a "significant national security measure". I don't know if this is going to be about people stalking/observing ballot boxes in Arizona and elsewhere or something more. For a change, so far the media doesn't know either.

I saw something about it involving a "nation state" actor. Seems pretty par for the course now. But I'm glad that they aren't burying these things anymore on the theory that it might hurt the feelings of the party/politician that the rogue nation is trying to help.
Old 10-24-2022, 12:02 PM   #6387
JPhillips
General Manager

Clarence Thomas, acting alone, ordered that Lindsey Graham doesn't have to testify in GA. This court is so corrupt.
Old 10-24-2022, 12:13 PM   #6388
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Clarence Thomas, acting alone, ordered that Lindsey Graham doesn't have to testify in GA. This court is so corrupt.

Is that then the end of it? IE Can the Chief Justice do anything, IE bring it to all of the court?
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 12:26 PM   #6389
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Clarence Thomas freezes order for Lindsey Graham to testify before Georgia grand jury investigating 2020 election | CNN Politics
Old 10-24-2022, 01:16 PM   #6390
Thomkal
Head Coach

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/just...l_twitter_abcn
Old 10-24-2022, 01:34 PM   #6391
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Is that then the end of it? IE Can the Chief Justice do anything, IE bring it to all of the court?

From my understanding, this does not freeze/end the case-it's a temporary stay so he can introduce it to the whole Court. Nevermind that he should have recused himself given his previous Jan 6 ruling and the activities of his wife before and after the 6th, which I'm sure he knew absoueletly nothing about...
Old 10-24-2022, 01:40 PM   #6392
Thomkal
Head Coach

This Twitter account, Palmer Report, says its a fake story and to ignore the headlines from the media and concentrate on the midterms so the likes of Graham don't get to be Chairman/woman of any committee that will wipe out any Jan 6 investigation.

https://twitter.com/PalmerReport/sta...95272121733120
Old 10-24-2022, 04:52 PM   #6393
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

It does look like a temporary stay while the Court determines whether to grant a stay pending appeal/cert.

Sort of a give us 5 minutes to decide whether you get 5 months.
Old 10-24-2022, 08:47 PM   #6394
cuervo72
Head Coach

I made it through about two minutes of this. Just...yeah.

Old 10-25-2022, 10:39 AM   #6395
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

It's really fascinating how phrases and reasoning patterns that were once used to demonize leftist ideologies or Democratic causes have been grafted onto false-equivalents on the right. It's amazing to see how the both-sidesism is weaponized. Using one rhetorical claim and some simple false logic, it elevates some false claims on the right while making concerns on the left seem trivial. Having an efficient media apparatus is crazily effective.

SI

Old 10-25-2022, 10:42 AM   #6396
Kodos
Resident Alien

Especially if your viewers aren't interested in digesting info that runs contrary to their existing beliefs.
Old 10-25-2022, 10:54 AM   #6397
Atocep
Coordinator

The Suprme Court will hear a case that sill decide if companies can sue unions for financial losses and spoiled products as the result of a strike.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 11:35 AM   #6398
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
The Suprme Court will hear a case that sill decide if companies can sue unions for financial losses and spoiled products as the result of a strike.

Gee, I wonder which way this corporatist court will rule. I mean, after 4 decades of getting trounced, pandemic retirements have finally given workers a modicum of leverage so that's gotta be squelched.

SI

Old 10-25-2022, 12:03 PM   #6399
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
I made it through about two minutes of this. Just...yeah.

So the GOP spreads lies, and they are classified as a success.
And the Dems are blamed for "underestimating" it.

No thought to blaming the people spreading the lies.
Old 10-25-2022, 12:26 PM   #6400
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The thing is this clip is going around right wing media and they are chest thumping about how this reporter was owned by these people. We live in two different realities.