Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2022, 10:03 AM   #6451
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
I will take FAR less than 3 months. It is almost there already.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 11:01 AM   #6452
cuervo72
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Maryland
Perhaps we (we globally) should have been taxing rich people more so they don't become this rich and potentially influential/damaging. Same goes for corporations when you now hear of them having the influence of nation-states and meddling in international affairs.
__________________
null
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 11:40 AM   #6453
QuikSand
lolzcat
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Annapolis, Md
Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Sigh. I've actually found a pretty nice/fun professional community on Twitter. And it's fun to talk about sports there.

And he's gonna turn it into 8-chan within 3 months.

I don't think that Twitter changing will affect politics much (that ship sailed with facebook).

It's just that there was one social media site that made some small attempts to keep Nazis and MAGA from spraying diarrhea all over the place and those attempts kept it just pleasant enough that you could find some nice communities there.

And Musk decided to end all that--pretty much out of boredom from what I can tell.

basically +1 to this sentiment... i also use Twitter professionally, and am wondering at what point will dropping from the platform become a practical requirement to remain in good standing in civil society
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 11:46 AM   #6454
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: In Absentia
So far, I haven't noticed any differences, other than what people are pointing out as examples that apparently they are seeing and posting about (use of N word, etc.). My feed is mainly sports, music, comedy and center/left-leaning political stuff. Our business has a twitter account, but I don't use my personal account professionally. That's what LinkedIn is for.
__________________
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 12:18 PM   #6455
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Back in Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
And Musk decided to end all that--pretty much out of boredom from what I can tell.

I've wondered about this part. I always thought he'd never actually buy it.

My main theory is that he was just shooting off his mouth online, as he does, and then realized "oh, holy crap- there are like legal ramifications to this? I'm rich - they can't possibly hold me to what I said when I was high." Then, when he met with his lawyers, they were like "This isn't like the time you drunk posted about taking Tesla public and you could tie it up in court or wiggle out of it - they can legit fine billions and send you to jail". And he thought they were bluffing right up until they got a few days away from the case.

At that point, he sat down with his lawyers and looked at his options. He picked the one where he could finance this with as little of his own money except stuff he could write off for tax purposes to offset some of his other brain dead moves. For the rest, he took a bunch of money from bad actors, probably from other nation states who saw him as a useful idiot and were more than happy to have him break another social media outlet and make it easier for them to spread disinformation.

SI
__________________
Houston Hippopotami, III.3: 20th Anniversary Thread - All former HT players are encouraged to check it out!

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"


sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 12:33 PM   #6456
PilotMan
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Seven miles up
It's probably not a good thing that the present day political attacks and rhetoric is compared to the....1850s.

Where Will This Political Violence Lead? Look to the 1850s. - POLITICO
__________________
He's just like if Snow White was competitive, horny, and capable of beating the shit out of anyone that called her Pops.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam



PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 12:46 PM   #6457
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
So far, I haven't noticed any differences, other than what people are pointing out as examples that apparently they are seeing and posting about (use of N word, etc.). My feed is mainly sports, music, comedy and center/left-leaning political stuff. Our business has a twitter account, but I don't use my personal account professionally. That's what LinkedIn is for.

The average user probably won't notice a difference unless advertisers start dropping in droves and the platform becomes cash strapped. Or until Musk starts making some major changes.

The issue is it will now become a gathering place for right wing extremists to gather, plot, spread disinformation, and radicalize people under the guise of free speech. Then we get another 1/6 but probably much worse.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 12:46 PM   #6458
cuervo72
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
basically +1 to this sentiment... i also use Twitter professionally, and am wondering at what point will dropping from the platform become a practical requirement to remain in good standing in civil society

By the same token though I have to wonder; how many people that you interact with in Annapolis might whisper in-person things similar to what Elder or Musk have regarding Pelosi?
__________________
null
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 12:49 PM   #6459
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
By the same token though I have to wonder; how many people that you interact with in Annapolis might whisper in-person things similar to what Elder or Musk have regarding Pelosi?

They won't whisper it at all. It has now become fact in their world, that happened as soon as Jesse Waters started running his stupid mouth. I guarantee if I asked my FOX News loving MIL she will swear to me it was a sexual transaction gone wrong.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 08:02 PM   #6460
flere-imsaho
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chicagoland
Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
And he's gonna turn it into 8-chan within 3 months.

Please. I put the over/under at 2 weeks.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 08:04 PM   #6461
bronconick
College Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Two months until Google/Apple start dropping Twitter because of it being 8chan
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 09:26 PM   #6462
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Covington, Ga.
Looks like Musk's first big move is to require people to pay for a $20 month subscription service to be verified. That will go over well.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 12:52 PM   #6463
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: In Absentia
Natural leader of men, that DeSantis...

__________________
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 01:24 PM   #6464
albionmoonlight
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Natural leader of men, that DeSantis...


He understands politics in 2022, though.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 02:39 PM   #6465
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Covington, Ga.
SCOTUS is all over the place today. Justice Roberts granted a temporary stay on turning over Trump's tax returns to Congress, but the full court vacated the stay on Lindsey Graham testifying in Georgia to the Fulton County DA. There was no noted dissent on the Graham decision.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 02:41 PM   #6466
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: In Absentia
When I grow up, I wanna be....


__________________
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 03:12 PM   #6467
PilotMan
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Seven miles up
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
SCOTUS is all over the place today. Justice Roberts granted a temporary stay on turning over Trump's tax returns to Congress, but the full court vacated the stay on Lindsey Graham testifying in Georgia to the Fulton County DA. There was no noted dissent on the Graham decision.

The optimist in me says the same thing will happen with the Roberts decision after parties are heard (except for maybe the no dissent, and Thomas will surely find something to protest here.)
__________________
He's just like if Snow White was competitive, horny, and capable of beating the shit out of anyone that called her Pops.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam



PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 05:06 PM   #6468
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Covington, Ga.
I will admit the Graham thing is more than it appears. They are forcing him to testify , but he still has the option to claim privilege on any question he doesn't like, and they will have to go right back to court to force an answer.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 05:20 PM   #6469
JPhillips
General Manager
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Newburgh, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
He understands politics in 2022, though.

Seems like something a competent opposition could make hay out of.
__________________
To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.. - Mr. Rogers
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 05:59 PM   #6470
Thomkal
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Surfside Beach,SC USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I will admit the Graham thing is more than it appears. They are forcing him to testify , but he still has the option to claim privilege on any question he doesn't like, and they will have to go right back to court to force an answer.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk


Which I think he will do for every question asked, and if the judge rules he has to answer, he will plead the 5th.
__________________
Coastal Carolina Baseball-2016 National Champion!
10/17/20-Coastal Football ranked in Top 25 for first time!
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 06:24 PM   #6471
Toddzilla
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Burke, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I've wondered about this part. I always thought he'd never actually buy it.

My main theory is that he was just shooting off his mouth online, as he does, and then realized "oh, holy crap- there are like legal ramifications to this? I'm rich - they can't possibly hold me to what I said when I was high." Then, when he met with his lawyers, they were like "This isn't like the time you drunk posted about taking Tesla public and you could tie it up in court or wiggle out of it - they can legit fine billions and send you to jail". And he thought they were bluffing right up until they got a few days away from the case.

At that point, he sat down with his lawyers and looked at his options. He picked the one where he could finance this with as little of his own money except stuff he could write off for tax purposes to offset some of his other brain dead moves. For the rest, he took a bunch of money from bad actors, probably from other nation states who saw him as a useful idiot and were more than happy to have him break another social media outlet and make it easier for them to spread disinformation.

SI
Because of the way the purchase was financed, including costs incurred by Twitter paid for by cash reserves,Twitter's new yearly cost to pay for it's debt - this is strictly interest, no principal - will rise immediately from $50 million per year to $1 billion. Twitter brings in barely half of that yearly in revenue, so Elon is already in a huge hole financially.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 01:43 PM   #6472
QuikSand
lolzcat
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Annapolis, Md
Wasn't sure where to put this, but i found this twitter thread fascinating and revelatory.

https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/sta...29158996975617

Berenson has become a folk hero among the COVID denier crowd, here making observations about current partisan politics and whether the 2020 election was "stolen," and... well, it's like adding water to acid here, the discussion just blows up.

Some of the earnest-sounding input is downright shocking.

There are an awful lot of people who have very little foundation for what they now believe, but nonetheless believe it very, very deeply. That's really weird.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 01:49 PM   #6473
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
The amazing thing to me is a lot of polling I have seen says independents are leaning R because of the economy, which I get, except not one candidate has mentioned anything about how they would fix things.

The odds are they take control of both chambers and we get 2 years of committees going after Fauci, Hunter, etc...then when we are in even worse shape because of lack of any meaningful legislation they will cruise to a 2024 victory, because you know, Biden.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 02:11 PM   #6474
QuikSand
lolzcat
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Annapolis, Md
Voters, particularly those who determine outcomes, are pinheads, who basically know nothing of now politics/economics work. They hold the incumbent to account for anything they are displeased with, and only occasionally feel that similar credit is due when they are pleased. The out-of-office party rarely benefits from details or plans when they can merely rely on the election serving as a referendum on the current party in office.

Midterm elections are predictable like this, and it now feels wise to have largely disregarded all the fluff that dems got excited about when it felt (back in June/July) that dem voters were going to come out and vote with vigor.

It is going to be the standard out-of-office tailwind election, something like R+4 to R+6 overall, once we dust has settled.

If you insist on a more complicated explanation story, then feel free to go with the Saudis constricting oil supply just in time to trigger a resurgent hike in US gas prices enough to remind voters that they really, really hate paying an extra $4 when they fill up the tank, and genuinely care more about that than they do all these other things.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 02:11 PM   #6475
QuikSand
lolzcat
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Annapolis, Md
"It's the economy, stupid"

-the people telling Bill Clinton what to say
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 02:13 PM   #6476
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
Voters, particularly those who determine outcomes, are pinheads, who basically know nothing of now politics/economics work. They hold the incumbent to account for anything they are displeased with, and only occasionally feel that similar credit is due when they are pleased. The out-of-office party rarely benefits from details or plans when they can merely rely on the election serving as a referendum on the current party in office.

This, minus the pinheads part. But in practical terms of results, yep. All of this.
Brian Swartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 02:15 PM   #6477
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: In Absentia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
The amazing thing to me is a lot of polling I have seen says independents are leaning R because of the economy, which I get, except not one candidate has mentioned anything about how they would fix things.

The odds are they take control of both chambers and we get 2 years of committees going after Fauci, Hunter, etc...then when we are in even worse shape because of lack of any meaningful legislation they will cruise to a 2024 victory, because you know, Biden.

The party not in charge is the political equivalent of the backup QB - you're just reacting to what the guy in charge has done and what the guy who could replace him hasn't done or might do. You think it can't get any worse, and you remember that one time 10 years ago he did something decent that you liked.
__________________
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 02:18 PM   #6478
QuikSand
lolzcat
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Annapolis, Md
Quote:
Dobielover
@pastrygirl1

Why did they stop counting in 5 states at exactly the same time? And who told them to? No one has ever answered this.

...

Tyler Fury
@dreadpilled

Correction: All 5 swing states continued counting. They all stopped REPORTING their counts at the same time.

Then, when they began reporting their counts again, the Trump's wins had been reversed.

Merely a trillion to one coincidence. Buildings' pipes burst simultaneously, etc.

Yeah, both of these people saw something on facebook or read a tweet from a russian tweetbot or watched the pillow guy and now they are expert enough to be correcting one another over the exact details of the supposed conspiracy that cost their guy the election.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 07:03 PM   #6479
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Back in Houston!
You're saying that "dreadpilled" and "pastrygirl1" aren't credible political pundits?

SI
__________________
Houston Hippopotami, III.3: 20th Anniversary Thread - All former HT players are encouraged to check it out!

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"


sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 10:33 PM   #6480
PilotMan
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Seven miles up
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Wasn't sure where to put this, but i found this twitter thread fascinating and revelatory.

https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/sta...29158996975617

Berenson has become a folk hero among the COVID denier crowd, here making observations about current partisan politics and whether the 2020 election was "stolen," and... well, it's like adding water to acid here, the discussion just blows up.

Some of the earnest-sounding input is downright shocking.

There are an awful lot of people who have very little foundation for what they now believe, but nonetheless believe it very, very deeply. That's really weird.

I can't even read that stuff. I can only shake my head in disbelief so many times. It's basic psychology. The more familiarity you have with anything the more you approve of it, or the more that it becomes digestible. Desensitization.

You didn't like that album you listened to the first time you heard it, but it grew on you, and now it's amazing.

You knew better, but so many people kept saying the Jews did it, that you started to believe them, because it made you part of the group, and it 'felt' right.

The guy on the TV talks a lot, but he sounds very sure of himself, and even though they said he lied over 30000 times, he swears they are wrong, and they are just out get him, because they hate him. You slowly slide from "naawwww", to "well, maybe" to "he's totally right!"

It's fascism and autocracy 101.

It's North Korea Press and the Iraqi Information Minister.

If trump suddenly said that he played a round of golf and got 11 holes in one, and there were people with him who said they saw it, and Fox News was all over it, and praising him and saying how he could only have done that if he was "the chosen one," there would be a long line of believers right behind him.

We're pushing the envelope, and the next couple years, and the 6 after that, might be the final nail in the coffin here. Pretty soon, we'll be just like the rest. A leader who sold the country out to the highest bidder, and stole the rest for himself and his cronies, and the will of the people stopped making any difference whatsoever.
__________________
He's just like if Snow White was competitive, horny, and capable of beating the shit out of anyone that called her Pops.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam



PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 10:54 PM   #6481
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: In Absentia
We've already had a Trump sports fable - he was a star baseball player who could have gone pro.
__________________
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 12:29 PM   #6482
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Covington, Ga.
Trump said he didn't cast his Florida Governor vote for DeSantis today. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 02:05 PM   #6483
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Back in Houston!
2024 GOP Primary is going to be wild

SI
__________________
Houston Hippopotami, III.3: 20th Anniversary Thread - All former HT players are encouraged to check it out!

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"


sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 02:37 PM   #6484
miked
College Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: The Dirty
I thought he clearly said he voted for him. No way in hell Trump votes against the MAGA followers.
__________________
Commish of the United Baseball League (OOTP 6.5)
miked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 02:48 PM   #6485
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Trump says he voted for DeSantis | The Hill
__________________
"I am God's prophet, and I need an attorney"
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 03:21 PM   #6486
PilotMan
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Seven miles up
But tomorrow he never voted for him.
__________________
He's just like if Snow White was competitive, horny, and capable of beating the shit out of anyone that called her Pops.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam



PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 03:55 PM   #6487
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
2024 GOP Primary is going to be wild

SI

I think the opposite. I think they clear the way for Trump. He can't be beaten, why try? Let him either lose or win and do a 4 year term. Desantis, Younkin, Noem, hell, even Lake, are all young. Why have a bloody battle with Trump for a nomination you are likely to lose, damaging your career in the process, when you can just wait it out and run in 2028?

Now if Trump can't or doesn't run, then yeah, going to be something else.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 04:04 PM   #6488
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: In Absentia
Yep. Trump has so much sway that the beat down he will give to his opponents will stick. Does DeSanctimonious want even more of that kind of treatment? When Trump is finally done, Ron will have that stench on him. This is Trump's way of saying - "Back down, and you'll have an ally once I'm done. Push me, and I'll ruin you forever and it'll stick even after I'm dead."
__________________
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 05:32 PM   #6489
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Back in Houston!
Yeah - I was just thinking that if any of them were bold enough to think that challenging him in 2024 was the right play (if he takes over and they think it might be scorched earth in 2028 with no chance to win if in the GOP, etc).

SI
__________________
Houston Hippopotami, III.3: 20th Anniversary Thread - All former HT players are encouraged to check it out!

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"


sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 05:44 PM   #6490
RainMaker
General Manager
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I think the opposite. I think they clear the way for Trump. He can't be beaten, why try? Let him either lose or win and do a 4 year term. Desantis, Younkin, Noem, hell, even Lake, are all young. Why have a bloody battle with Trump for a nomination you are likely to lose, damaging your career in the process, when you can just wait it out and run in 2028?

Now if Trump can't or doesn't run, then yeah, going to be something else.

Agreed. Trump is now openly insulting Desantis and he's just sitting back and taking it like a chump. He would get annihilated in any head-to-head with Trump.

I also think Kari Lake will be the person to beat in 2028. She's full on fascist and not shy about it. Seems much more appealing to the base than someone boring like Desantis.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 05:49 PM   #6491
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: In Absentia
Lake has to be Trump's VP right? He can play the unintelligent bully and she can clean it up with a TV personality's swagger.
__________________
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 05:53 PM   #6492
RainMaker
General Manager
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Lake has to be Trump's VP right? He can play the unintelligent bully and she can clean it up with a TV personality's swagger.

I think she has to be the frontrunner. The idea behind Pence was concern over appealing to evangelicals, but I think that crowd showed they don't really care about any of the stuff they pretend to.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 06:25 PM   #6493
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Lake has to be Trump's VP right? He can play the unintelligent bully and she can clean it up with a TV personality's swagger.

Maybe Kristie Noem with Tonya Harding her....
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 06:28 PM   #6494
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
Lakes plan is to be Trumps running mate, win in 2024 ( I guarantee following her win in Arizona she tones down the rhetoric taking a play from Younkins playbook), then run in 2028 as the incumbent VP. It isn't really far from the realm of possibility we get 12 years of her. She is easily the biggest rising star, including DeSantis. The only guy who can give her a run is potentially Younkin who comes across as mo moderate.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 08:17 AM   #6495
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Covington, Ga.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 11:34 AM   #6496
albionmoonlight
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: North Carolina
DeSantis winning big and Trump's hand-picked morons doing poorly was a horrible result for him.

I don't count him out, but yesterday was just unalloyed bad news for him.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 12:10 PM   #6497
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
Blaming his wife. This is so on brand for him....


Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 12:16 PM   #6498
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: homeless in NJ
So lets say the 2024 GOP primary comes down to Trump and Desantis and Desantis wins the nomination. Would Trump voters stay home out of spite? that would totally sink DeSantis.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 12:18 PM   #6499
Kodos
Resident Alien
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Blaming his wife. This is so on brand for him....



I can only imagine how mad he must be that his hand-picked candidate lost to someone who had a major stroke during the campaign.
__________________
Author of The Bill Gates Challenge, as well as other groundbreaking dynasties.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 12:21 PM   #6500
larrymcg421
Head Coach
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
So lets say the 2024 GOP primary comes down to Trump and Desantis and Desantis wins the nomination. Would Trump voters stay home out of spite? that would totally sink DeSantis.

I could see Trump running as third party. He has no actual allegiance to the GOP.
__________________
Top 10 Songs of the Year 1955-Present (1976 Added)

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 7 (0 members and 7 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 AM.



Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.