Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-26-2006, 12:19 PM   #2801
Schmidty
Coordinator

Wow. Checking in for the first time today.

Why the hell am I getting all of these votes? I didn't talk at all on the weekend because I didn't think there was much to be said.

Am I going to have to do a role-reveal to save my ass, or is there a way I can convince you guys that I'm not bad?
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:21 PM   #2802
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby
Schmidty has been quiet and I didn't like that in Bek. The fact that people seem to be saying that this goes against his previous playstyles makes it worse.

Whoever said that is either full of crap, or is a new player.

I'm always this way: Very quiet and very defensive. Nothing new here.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:23 PM   #2803
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well Schmidty I think my point, as the first person to vote for you, is that playing so quietly after 6 days hasn't really helped the good guys out. I'm not sure you've played more quietly than normal simply because there hasn't been much attention focused your way to get defensive about .

As for not getting lynched, I can't see myself trust you short of somebody vouching for you or your making a credible role reveal, but I certainly would listen to a case being made for somebody else being even less trust worthy.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:24 PM   #2804
Barkeep49
Coordinator

DOLA -- Also this has less to do with post count, which I haven't looked at, then feel. While I have SOME feel for the other players, good, bad, or confused, I have no feel for you at all.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:25 PM   #2805
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Well Schmidty I think my point, as the first person to vote for you, is that playing so quietly after 6 days hasn't really helped the good guys out. I'm not sure you've played more quietly than normal simply because there hasn't been much attention focused your way to get defensive about .

As for not getting lynched, I can't see myself trust you short of somebody vouching for you or your making a credible role reveal, but I certainly would listen to a case being made for somebody else being even less trust worthy.

What do you want me to say? Make up analysis like you guys do, just to get some fake circle of trust?
Old 06-26-2006, 12:28 PM   #2806
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

I am slightly concerned about this Schmidty bandwagon. Sure, I don't have any real reason to defend him, but it seems remarkable how quickly this has built up to what looks like now a near consensus.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:28 PM   #2807
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
What do you want me to say? Make up analysis like you guys do, just to get some fake circle of trust?
Fake? I'd love to hear what is fake about it. That would be intersting stuff right there.

And after that last post I went and look at post counts and you and tangle have about 1/3 of the posts of any other player who is alive. But I cannot see myself voting for tangle because I am pretty confident he is good.

But yes so analysis would be good, even if it's only to point out where others have faked it.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:32 PM   #2808
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood
I am slightly concerned about this Schmidty bandwagon. Sure, I don't have any real reason to defend him, but it seems remarkable how quickly this has built up to what looks like now a near consensus.
Well Tangle I thought about this and addressed it somewhat already.

The following players have voted for Schmidty:
Barkeep -- I know I'm good
SnDvls -- Pretty much cleared by dubb
Lathum -- Is prophecy. I'm 90% sure is good
Saldana -- Claims to be enchanter. Also claims he will be dead by night 7. Seems like a trustworthy sort of reveal
King -- Unproven
Chubby -- Unproven

But the first 4 of 6 are very likely, or definitely, good in my book. So if it's a bandwagon, it's the good guys who are riding the horses at least.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:33 PM   #2809
Schmidty
Coordinator

Ok fine. I'll do a role reveal. Nice job drawing the info out, bad guys.

I'm the High Priest, and the last member of the ruling class (as far as I can tell from my last PM from hoops). Swaggs was in the ruling class, and when he died, he passed me a "coin" that told me that I was now in the class. On night 4, I consecrated Swaggs body to stop the Necromancer from reanimating his body. I'm not sure if it worked, or if Swaggs wasn't the target that night.

I have been playing below the radar because I have an important role, and I tend to piss people off no matter what I say. It had been working great until today. Thanks Barkeep.

Well, that's that. I'm going to die either way - by lynch today, or by the bad guys tonight.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:33 PM   #2810
Schmidty
Coordinator

There's your analysis BK.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:33 PM   #2811
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm off to work now. Might not be around again until 6ish Eastern depending on how awkward things are when I give my 2 week notice for a job that I just began 11 days ago.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:34 PM   #2812
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:

I'm the High Priest, and the last member of the ruling class (as far as I can tell from my last PM from hoops). Swaggs was in the ruling class, and when he died, he passed me a "coin" that told me that I was now in the class. On night 4, I consecrated Swaggs body to stop the Necromancer from reanimating his body. I'm not sure if it worked, or if Swaggs wasn't the target that night.

I have been playing below the radar because I have an important role, and I tend to piss people off no matter what I say. It had been working great until today. Thanks Barkeep.

Well, that's that. I'm going to die either way - by lynch today, or by the bad guys tonight.
Good I'm glad we have the high priest out there because I can't figure out how the hell he's got an important role. Since you understand it better can you explain how it helps the good guys Schmidty?
Old 06-26-2006, 12:37 PM   #2813
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Good I'm glad we have the high priest out there because I can't figure out how the hell he's got an important role. Since you understand it better can you explain how it helps the good guys Schmidty?

I can consecrate a body once every 3 days, so that the Necromancer can't reanimate it. If the Necromancer does target the body, he loses his power (basically a lost night action). Then it will be 4 more days before they can make a mummy again.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:39 PM   #2814
Schmidty
Coordinator

By the way, why is it "good" that I told you? I'm toast now, which eliminates one of the powerful good guy roles. Might be good for you, but not for the good guys.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:40 PM   #2815
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

not sure i buy this....we all found the coin when we looked through swagg's stuff after his lynch, so how then did schmidty get it passed to him, after swaggs was already dead and we had already found the coin?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:41 PM   #2816
saldana
Pro Starter

also, schmidty, why didnt you consecrate a body on night 3 instead of waiting an extra night for night 4
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:42 PM   #2817
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
not sure i buy this....we all found the coin when we looked through swagg's stuff after his lynch, so how then did schmidty get it passed to him, after swaggs was already dead and we had already found the coin?

How the hell am I supposed to know? I'm just saying what hoops said in my PM.

Go ahead and lynch me. It doesn't matter now that I role-revealed anyway.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:44 PM   #2818
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
also, schmidty, why didnt you consecrate a body on night 3 instead of waiting an extra night for night 4

Because I was confused by the rules.

I thought no bodies could be reanimated until day 4, but it was actually just mummies that that applies to. hoops sent me a PM to clear it up.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:52 PM   #2819
Schmidty
Coordinator

So this appears to be a hit-and-run lynching. Good job Necromancer.

The funny thing is that the only reason people voted for me was because I was quiet during the weekend, yet as soon as you guys voted for me and I responded, you're nowhere to be found. Nice.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:01 PM   #2820
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I'm not sold on Schmidity. Sell me.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:07 PM   #2821
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So this appears to be a hit-and-run lynching. Good job Necromancer.

The funny thing is that the only reason people voted for me was because I was quiet during the weekend, yet as soon as you guys voted for me and I responded, you're nowhere to be found. Nice.

I agree, can't say he's quiet if you vote for him and then get a zillion posts

-Anxiety

Old 06-26-2006, 02:11 PM   #2822
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here's my reasoning:

1. Barkeep49 - Anx's COT
2. Passacaglia - Ruling Class, killed Night 4
3. Schmidty
4. path12 - Anx's COT
5. Anxiety - Duh
6. Cronin - Explorer, lynched Day 2
7. Dubb - Anx's COT
8. AlanT - Necromancer, killed Night 5
9. Saldana - COT for now
10. SnDvls - Anx's COT
11. Lathum - Let sleeping dogs lie
12. Coffee Warlord - Ruling Class Fanatic, killed himself Night 4
13. bulletsponge - Necromancer, lynched Day 4
14. Qwikshot
15. Tyrith
16. Bek - Necromancer Initiate, lynched Day 3
17. Blade6119 - Mystic, Day kill Day 4
18. Swaggs - Ruling Class, lynched Day 1
19. Vince
20. Chubby
21. Tanglewood
22. Kingfc22
23. Fouts - Avatar, lynched Day 5

Now, why should I vote Schmidty over king, Chubby, tanglewood, Vince, Qwik or Tyrith? Somebody's gonna have to sell me something other than "he's quiet." Other players on this list are quiet.

In fact, Chubby has been really quiet the past few days. He was vocal, and now he's really gone UTR. If I had to choose someone on this list, I'd choose Chubby.

I'll leave my vote free for now and hope someone can build a case for me me here.

-Anxiety

Old 06-26-2006, 02:13 PM   #2823
Schmidty
Coordinator

I've seen people that voted for me in the thread (by looking at the bottom of the screen), such as Chubby 5 minutes ago, that haven't said a damned thing.

Pretty lame and cowardly if you ask me. If they aren't going to debate what I've said or give it any wieght, then they deserve to lose a teammate, and fuck themselves over. More likey, the majority of them are bad guys anyway,

I guess I'm done talking again, as it isn't doing any good.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:15 PM   #2824
Schmidty
Coordinator

In fact, the fact that Chubby was viewing the thread after my recent pleas for people to discuss why they should keep their vote on me after the reveal, tells me that there's a good chance that he's bad.

Vote Chubby
Old 06-26-2006, 02:18 PM   #2825
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
How the hell am I supposed to know? I'm just saying what hoops said in my PM.

Go ahead and lynch me. It doesn't matter now that I role-revealed anyway.

it matters we still have an EG out there, but if you knew all this why weren't you pushing us off Fouts? you knew first hand that he couldn't be a mummy with your role.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:19 PM   #2826
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Anxiety - Just to clarify, I was at a wedding over the weekend (it's in my posts) so I wasn't being quiet on purpose. I've tried to offer constructive questions as they arise, I don't have any right now to be honest. As for Schmidty's role reveal, I don't know what to think. I trust Barkeep and he is still suspicious even if I'm not sure why. Today has been slooooooooow so far on here. I have no read on Schmidty (prior to role reveal) and I have been suspicious of quiet players all game. As I said in my vote post, I don't have anything else to go on and I don't think anyone else does either unless they aren't speaking up.

I'm more than open to questions about anything and discussion, I just don't have much to start conversation with.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:20 PM   #2827
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
In fact, the fact that Chubby was viewing the thread after my recent pleas for people to discuss why they should keep their vote on me after the reveal, tells me that there's a good chance that he's bad.

Vote Chubby

See my response to Anxiety, I typed a little slow I guess I think that would be the same response to your concerns.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:22 PM   #2828
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
See my response to Anxiety, I typed a little slow I guess I think that would be the same response to your concerns.

Ok, I'll

Unvote Chubby

For now.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:24 PM   #2829
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Ok, just caught up (yet again).

It's pretty clear to me that if fouts is the Mummy (and he probably is), we need to take him out ASAP.

Vote fouts

here's your quote and vote for fouts BTW
Old 06-26-2006, 02:26 PM   #2830
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Ok, I'll

Unvote Chubby

For now.

I'm still open to discussion about, well, anything. It would be nice to have something more to go on than just, "well so and so is quiet".

Is there anyone you're more suspicious of and why? maybe I'm not seeing something I should in people's actions, wouldn't be a big shocker I guess.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:26 PM   #2831
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
it matters we still have an EG out there, but if you knew all this why weren't you pushing us off Fouts? you knew first hand that he couldn't be a mummy with your role.

To be honest, I don't know the situation with Fouts, since I've had to work and spend the other time in this thread defending myself.

But, like I said it doesn't matter now anyway. You guys are either A) fucking yourselves over if you good, or B) getting closer to the win if you're bad by voting me off.

Frankly, I'm bitter about how this went down as far Barkeep and his lackeys (good or bad) picking me out of the crowd because I was quiet and nothing else, and then disappearing before giving any thought to my response. At this point, I'm not really inclined to give a shit if I, or you guys, live or die.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:27 PM   #2832
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
here's your quote and vote for fouts BTW

When did I make that vote? I must have been hammered (as I was all weekend evenings).
Old 06-26-2006, 02:28 PM   #2833
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm still open to discussion about, well, anything. It would be nice to have something more to go on than just, "well so and so is quiet".

Is there anyone you're more suspicious of and why? maybe I'm not seeing something I should in people's actions, wouldn't be a big shocker I guess.

The only person I can think of is Barkeep, but that's only because he started a bandwagon on me, and I'm the only person I know is good.

I admit that I've played a shitty, lazy game yet again.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:31 PM   #2834
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
When did I make that vote? I must have been hammered (as I was all weekend evenings).

LOL good try...it was made on Friday Morning 10 AM my time in AZ.

would you like a custom noose made special for you?
Old 06-26-2006, 02:33 PM   #2835
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
B) getting closer to the win if you're bad by voting me off.

I don't think that is the case. Right now we have 14 left. Unless they have 5 or 6 of them I think we are good for a few more days at least. Also, they have yet to kill anyone at night so they still might not have a group together. And if the head nec tries to disease we might have a few that are healthy that would counter that type of attack.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:33 PM   #2836
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Schmidty - just give up the other Necros now and save us all some work.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:34 PM   #2837
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
LOL good try...it was made on Friday Morning 10 AM my time in AZ.

would you like a custom noose made special for you?

I honestly don't remember making that vote.

Anyway, have fun lynching a good guy. I'm done, and I don't give a fuck who wins.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:36 PM   #2838
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Schmidty - just give up the other Necros now and save us all some work.

You're really pissing me off. I'm telling you the truth, and I hope that whatever side you're on, you lose horribly.

I've never been the vindictive "I can't wait to die just to see the 'look on your face" type, but I really can't wait. 6 p.m. can't get here quick enough for me.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:43 PM   #2839
SnDvls
Pro Starter

anyone got a vote recap for days 4 & 5 need to see where tangle voted.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:57 PM   #2840
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
You're really pissing me off. I'm telling you the truth, and I hope that whatever side you're on, you lose horribly.

I'm changing my vote on this statement alone. I scanned and cleared SNDVLS. To make matters worse for you, I made that statement public.

UNVOTE Tyrith

VOTE Schmidty

About Tangle. I know nothing about him, have no read on him, but I'm pretty sure Barkeep was hinting that he knew he was clean. I may have read too much into that tho.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:59 PM   #2841
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
I'm changing my vote on this statement alone. I scanned and cleared SNDVLS. To make matters worse for you, I made that statement public.

UNVOTE Tyrith

VOTE Schmidty

About Tangle. I know nothing about him, have no read on him, but I'm pretty sure Barkeep was hinting that he knew he was clean. I may have read too much into that tho.

You guys are toast.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:02 PM   #2842
SnDvls
Pro Starter

tangle since I see you in the thread can you refresh me where you day 4 & 5 votes went? thanks
Old 06-26-2006, 03:12 PM   #2843
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
tangle since I see you in the thread can you refresh me where you day 4 & 5 votes went? thanks

Day 1 - no vote, my internet was down
Day 2 - just got in at the buzzer, voted for Cronin as everyone else seemed to be doing so, probably a bit rash but he was going down anyway
Day 3 - voted for Bek, somewhat reluctantly but didn't see a better option at the time
Day 4 - voted for Bulletsponge, no brainer really
Day 5 - voted for Fouts despite protestations, becuase I believed Lathum and Fouts were both good and they heavily implied they rather see Fouts lynched.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 03:17 PM   #2844
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood
Day 1 - no vote, my internet was down
Day 2 - just got in at the buzzer, voted for Cronin as everyone else seemed to be doing so, probably a bit rash but he was going down anyway
Day 3 - voted for Bek, somewhat reluctantly but didn't see a better option at the time
Day 4 - voted for Bulletsponge, no brainer really
Day 5 - voted for Fouts despite protestations, becuase I believed Lathum and Fouts were both good and they heavily implied they rather see Fouts lynched.

thanks I appriciate it. gives me a clear view of you as we have the same day 3 to 5 votes.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:20 PM   #2845
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
Here's my reasoning:

1. Barkeep49 - Anx's COT
2. Passacaglia - Ruling Class, killed Night 4
3. Schmidty
4. path12 - Anx's COT
5. Anxiety - Duh
6. Cronin - Explorer, lynched Day 2
7. Dubb - Anx's COT
8. AlanT - Necromancer, killed Night 5
9. Saldana - COT for now
10. SnDvls - Anx's COT
11. Lathum - Let sleeping dogs lie
12. Coffee Warlord - Ruling Class Fanatic, killed himself Night 4
13. bulletsponge - Necromancer, lynched Day 4
14. Qwikshot
15. Tyrith
16. Bek - Necromancer Initiate, lynched Day 3
17. Blade6119 - Mystic, Day kill Day 4
18. Swaggs - Ruling Class, lynched Day 1
19. Vince
20. Chubby
21. Tanglewood
22. Kingfc22
23. Fouts - Avatar, lynched Day 5

Now, why should I vote Schmidty over king, Chubby, tanglewood, Vince, Qwik or Tyrith? Somebody's gonna have to sell me something other than "he's quiet." Other players on this list are quiet.

In fact, Chubby has been really quiet the past few days. He was vocal, and now he's really gone UTR. If I had to choose someone on this list, I'd choose Chubby.

I'll leave my vote free for now and hope someone can build a case for me me here.

-Anxiety

Tangle - he's voted the same as me the last 3 days, pretty much puts him in the clear for me.

Vince - seemed to be the one attacked last night, unless he was a necro hunting other necros, which I doubt.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:35 PM   #2846
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I don't buy it for Tangle voting the way of Angels. Everyone voted Bullet, so that doesn't count, and everyone voted Lathum or Fouts, so that doesn't count either. So really, tangle voted for Bek several days ago - that's what you got? Feh.

Vince I'll buy for now.

-Anxiety

Old 06-26-2006, 04:07 PM   #2847
Vince
Pro Starter

Gah, sleeping in until 1:30. Jeez.

Ok, so Schmidty claims to be the High Priest. Thanks Barkeep, for voicing my own opinion, because I had no idea how that role was really all that important. I mean, I guess he could have guessed right and consecrated the same body that the Head Necromancer was going after...but that seems like a long shot. At this point, I think it'd almost be fine to vote him off, as I really don't think his role matters to us much. But I don't want to vote off any more good guys than we have to. Here's where my 'trust list' is at now:

Dead:
Bek (Initiate)
bulletsponge
Alan T

Passacaglia (Ruling Class)
st. cronin (Explorer)
Coffee Warlord (Ruling Class/Fanatic)
Blade (Mystic)
Swaggs (Ruling Class)
Fouts (Avatar)

Alive:
Schmidty
Chubby
kingfc22

Qwikshot
Tanglewood
Tyrith
Lathum
Anxiety
Vince

Dubb
Barkeep
SnDvls
Saldana
Path

I'm suspicious of the guys in Orange, Unsure of/leaning towards trust of the guys in green, and the guys in blue are people I feel comfortable with. I include myself on the green list so other people can use my list without having to cut and paste -- I know I'm just a vanilla villager, but I'm aware there's not much I can give you guys other than voting record, and that's not exactly sterling. Does that list sound about right to others?
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:25 PM   #2848
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
I don't buy it for Tangle voting the way of Angels. Everyone voted Bullet, so that doesn't count, and everyone voted Lathum or Fouts, so that doesn't count either. So really, tangle voted for Bek several days ago - that's what you got? Feh.

Vince I'll buy for now.

-Anxiety

the important thing is to look when he voted not just who.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:10 PM   #2849
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Will post more in a few minutes but schmidty doesn't seem like the best bet. Will expand more soon but am busy at work.

Unvote Schmidty
Old 06-26-2006, 05:10 PM   #2850
Tyrith
College Starter

Schmidty's role wouldn't be important because he's the high priest but because our ruling class did such a swell job killing each other off :P
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote