Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-26-2006, 09:06 PM   #751
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Just caught up. Looks like I didn't miss much. I'll say the same thing as yesterday though.. anyone responsible for a last minute tie will get my vote tommorrow.

So, what do we learn from Lathum's lynch?
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:07 PM   #752
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Okay, so I think Alan's theorys are border line far out there, but I dont think that makes him a zombie... After reading this and realizing that AlanT has in fact answered every question we have thrown at him, I have concluded either he got a degree in BS or he is a STARS. With that being said, I dont like the votes for Cronin... That leaves Lathum. And between lathum and alant, alant has been far more helpful and amusing thus far.

[b]Unvote AlanT/B]

Vote Lathum

well then throw some questions at me. I'll be more then happy to answer them.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:07 PM   #753
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
I think NTN just pulled Fout's name out of his ass and now we are suspicious about him with no real proof

This is correct. idid just pull Fout's name out of my ass.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:08 PM   #754
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
So, what do we learn from Lathum's lynch?

Well I personally feel that it tells us perhaps a bit about you.. from what i have seen the only real connection I have seen from him is a tie to you this morning. If he is bad, it might be enough for me to go for you tommorrow instead of Cronin. If he is good, it doesn't necessarily clear you, but I am not any more eager to go for you.

That said, my vote isnt going to lathum as I think we learn the most from Cronin's death.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:09 PM   #755
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
This is correct. idid just pull Fout's name out of my ass.

Its good that his name is short then. If you pulled Lonestargirl or Mr.Wednesday out of your ass, your ass might be sore!
Old 10-26-2006, 09:09 PM   #756
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
well then throw some questions at me. I'll be more then happy to answer them.

Classic wolf post.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:10 PM   #757
Tyrith
College Starter

Lathum has been opposed to both cronin and alan -- I'm firmly convinced we need to kill one of those trio. Lathum won't be the lightning rod for votes those three will be. Lathum's death lets us know some about Fouts. Cronin's death isn't as good becuase of the second two points. Sndvls is highly suspicious to me but he hasn't been part of the focus and we need some direction about the people that have been the centerpieces of our discussion.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:11 PM   #758
hoopsguy
General Manager

Nothing as conclusive as we would from a Cronin lynch, that would provide clarity for Day 1 actions one way or another.

That said, if I'm reading the tea leaves correctly today we already have that answer.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:11 PM   #759
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Nothing as conclusive as we would from a Cronin lynch, that would provide clarity for Day 1 actions one way or another.

That said, if I'm reading the tea leaves correctly today we already have that answer.

I assume you think he's good, from that?
Old 10-26-2006, 09:13 PM   #760
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Well I personally feel that it tells us perhaps a bit about you.. from what i have seen the only real connection I have seen from him is a tie to you this morning. If he is bad, it might be enough for me to go for you tommorrow instead of Cronin. If he is good, it doesn't necessarily clear you, but I am not any more eager to go for you.

That said, my vote isnt going to lathum as I think we learn the most from Cronin's death.

Well great. Either Lathum is bad so I am bad, or Lathum is good but I still might be bad. Looks like a lose-lose for me.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:13 PM   #761
hoopsguy
General Manager

Tyrith, I think Cronin is STARS based on what I have seen from others both directly and indirectly today. Hopefully I'm keying off the correct people while drawing this conclusion.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:13 PM   #762
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well great. Either Lathum is bad so I am bad, or Lathum is good but I still might be bad. Looks like a lose-lose for me.

Got to love WW
Old 10-26-2006, 09:14 PM   #763
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Tyrith, I think Cronin is STARS based on what I have seen from others both directly and indirectly today. Hopefully I'm keying off the correct people while drawing this conclusion.

I have the complete opposite take which is funny. Everything I have seen today has done nothing but reassure me that he is bad.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:17 PM   #764
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:

For the time being I agree with you.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:17 PM   #765
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, if we are actually on the same side this game (what are the odds?) then one of us will have an "I told you so!" forthcoming on this point, I guess.

If we are on different sides, well then I guess I'm not all that surprised we have different viewpoints.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:18 PM   #766
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Classic wolf post.

dude, posts like that are gonna make people even more suspiscous of you.

LSG asked if I was gonna be around, here I am. Fire away. I really don't see what I've done to cause sucpiscoun. I was one of 6 or seven people who didn't vote for bulletsponge, now a know STARS member so take that for what's it worth. I would think todays lynch victim would be someone who voted for bullet but go ahead and lynch me if you like, you'll be in a worse spot tomorrow.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:18 PM   #767
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
It is important to look at the circumstances of the vote, but it is also worth looking at what happened after the vote. Why did that vote not change? Was Ntn not around, or was there a reason he didn't want to move to the other two?

I was in and out yesterday Brian. right after my vote I was called away for a couple of hours, but iwas back way before deadline. I could have changed my vote Isuppose, but Idid not see that that helped us any since icould not tell that one or the other or neither or both were bad. Thus I left my vote were it lie.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:19 PM   #768
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan, if we are actually on the same side this game (what are the odds?) then one of us will have an "I told you so!" forthcoming on this point, I guess.

If we are on different sides, well then I guess I'm not all that surprised we have different viewpoints.

I suppose so!

Just a question to the lathum voters.. while I don't have a huge problem with you going after Lathum, just curious what we are going to do from here?

I am curious from lathum voters:

What would you do tommorrow if Lathum is good?

What would you do tommorrow if Lathum is bad?

This is with the assumption that nothing big happens at night and we are left with just the information from today's lynch.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:20 PM   #769
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Lathum has been opposed to both cronin and alan -- I'm firmly convinced we need to kill one of those trio. Lathum won't be the lightning rod for votes those three will be. Lathum's death lets us know some about Fouts. Cronin's death isn't as good becuase of the second two points. Sndvls is highly suspicious to me but he hasn't been part of the focus and we need some direction about the people that have been the centerpieces of our discussion.

I'm not really opposed to Alan, I just think his theory doesn't make sense and I called him out on it, time will tell if I am right or wrong.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:20 PM   #770
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
I was in and out yesterday Brian. right after my vote I was called away for a couple of hours, but iwas back way before deadline. I could have changed my vote Isuppose, but Idid not see that that helped us any since icould not tell that one or the other or neither or both were bad. Thus I left my vote were it lie.

I'm assuming you are still catching up, but I think we've agreed that your vote wasn't a PC move. It was something to explore though.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:22 PM   #771
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
dude, posts like that are gonna make people even more suspiscous of you.

LSG asked if I was gonna be around, here I am. Fire away. I really don't see what I've done to cause sucpiscoun. I was one of 6 or seven people who didn't vote for bulletsponge, now a know STARS member so take that for what's it worth. I would think todays lynch victim would be someone who voted for bullet but go ahead and lynch me if you like, you'll be in a worse spot tomorrow.

Well, I don't have a vote on you, so I guess you are directing that towards everyone that does. I think people are afraid of you based on the last few games.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:24 PM   #772
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Has everybody forgotten about the st.cronin "you all suck, I'm going home" move? Am I the only one that still thinks that was an act of desperation of a condemned man? I'm surprised it worked as well as it seems to have.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:24 PM   #773
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
I suppose so!

Just a question to the lathum voters.. while I don't have a huge problem with you going after Lathum, just curious what we are going to do from here?

I am curious from lathum voters:

What would you do tommorrow if Lathum is good?

What would you do tommorrow if Lathum is bad?

This is with the assumption that nothing big happens at night and we are left with just the information from today's lynch.

Sndvls is going to be a primary grilling target for me tomorrow, either way. If he's bad I go back to linkages to Fouts, see if there is anything there at all. If he's good that mostly gets rid of that angle for Fouts and cronin will be a primary suspect.

I'd ask the same questions to you, here.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:25 PM   #774
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
Has everybody forgotten about the st.cronin "you all suck, I'm going home" move? Am I the only one that still thinks that was an act of desperation of a condemned man? I'm surprised it worked as well as it seems to have.

I don't really think it did anything. He apologized, which makes me think it a genuine type blow up. If it wasn't and I find out I'm going to hate his guts, but I would like to think we don't game each other quite that much.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:26 PM   #775
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sndvls is going to be a primary grilling target for me tomorrow, either way. If he's bad I go back to linkages to Fouts, see if there is anything there at all. If he's good that mostly gets rid of that angle for Fouts and cronin will be a primary suspect.

I'd ask the same questions to you, here.

out of curiosity.. other than the 3 way tie it would create, if you are so big after sndvls, why would you not go after him today?

I already said my thoughts on if lathum is good or bad earlier. if bad, I go after fouts.. if good, Im back on cronin again tommorrow
Old 10-26-2006, 09:27 PM   #776
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't really think it did anything. He apologized, which makes me think it a genuine type blow up. If it wasn't and I find out I'm going to hate his guts, but I would like to think we don't game each other quite that much.

The only concern I have about that whole ordeal is it happened just like I predicted.

The blow up, the 5-0 lead on st.cronin.

The sudden 3 votes on me followed by Cronin's vote to me to tie it all up all in the course of time it took me to drive home from work.

Its kind of like we saw that coming a mile away and it happened just as predicted.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:28 PM   #777
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

tyrith, you said earlier that the only reason you voted for me was Alan basicly convinced you to, then you switched off of me, I'm just curious why you switched back and what your defense is gonna be when I come back good?
Old 10-26-2006, 09:29 PM   #778
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
out of curiosity.. other than the 3 way tie it would create, if you are so big after sndvls, why would you not go after him today?

I already said my thoughts on if lathum is good or bad earlier. if bad, I go after fouts.. if good, Im back on cronin again tommorrow

Because we need to kill someone out of the cronin/lathum/you trio to see where we stand, otherwise this entire thing is going to haunt us for days. I suspect sndvls but I don't have much to go on. If we don't somehow deal with the major players conversation it's going to drag on and on and on and we won't be able to get anything productive done. No, someone out of the group has to die.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:29 PM   #779
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The only concern I have about that whole ordeal is it happened just like I predicted.

The blow up, the 5-0 lead on st.cronin.

The sudden 3 votes on me followed by Cronin's vote to me to tie it all up all in the course of time it took me to drive home from work.

Its kind of like we saw that coming a mile away and it happened just as predicted.

Just to illustrate what I am talking about here:

(553) BrianD votes St.Cronin (5)
(564) Spleen votes Alan (1)
(573) Tyrith votes Fouts (1)
(580) Lonestargirl votes Alan (2)
(586) St.cronin UNVOTES St.cronin (4) ***
(586) St.cronin votes Alan (3)
(602) Tyrith UNVOTES Fouts (0) ***
(602) Tyrith Votes Alan (4)

I think I left around the second vote, but this all happened I believe within an hour
Old 10-26-2006, 09:29 PM   #780
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

oh, and has anyone else cronin has switched his vote TWICE to create ties, I at least am thinking about the overall group and sticking with my vote even if it means my own neck in the process.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:30 PM   #781
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm not really sure what information I take from a Lathum lynch either way. The time I have spent today in the thread was directed towards targeting the person I thought most likely to be a Umbrella/Zombie, not necessarily a step to try and provide linkage to others.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:30 PM   #782
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I suppose if you didn't think the blowup was calculated, you wouldn't think the apology was either. I'll be curious to look back at this situation when the game is over.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:31 PM   #783
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I think I left around the second vote, but this all happened I believe within an hour

Ahh guess it happened within 2 hours. but still you get the point
Old 10-26-2006, 09:32 PM   #784
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:

You neglect to mention that three of those votes have since been moved.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:32 PM   #785
hoopsguy
General Manager

Chief, you ever going to post today? Or just lurk up to deadline?
Old 10-26-2006, 09:33 PM   #786
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Sure, the entire scenerio has changed since then too. But the fact still remains, it happened pretty much like I predicted it would.. right?

Here is the entire course of day votes so far

(445) Alan votes St.Cronin (1)
(452) Lathum votes St.Cronin (2)
(454) St. Cronin votes Lathum (1)
(527) St.Cronin UNVOTES Lathum (0) ***
(527) St.cronin votes Alan (1)
(538) Anxiety votes St.Cronin (3)
(546) St. Cronin UNVOTES Alan (0) ***
(546) St. Cronin votes St.Cronin (4)
(631) Fouts votes BrianD (1)
(641) Mr. Wednesday votes BrianD (2)
(642) path votes Lathum (1)
(643) hoops votes Lathum (2)
(658) Sndvls votes Alan (5)
(665) Tyrith UNVOTES Alan (4) ***
(665) Tyrith Votes Lathum (3)
(698) Lonestargirl UNVOTES Alan (3) ***
(698) Lonestargirl Votes lathum (4)
(700) Glengoyne votes Sndvls (1)
(714) St.Cronin UNVOTES Alan (2) ***
(714) St.cronin votes Lathum (5)
(741) Fouts UNVOTES BrianD (1) ***
(741) Fouts votes Sndvls (2)
(745) Saldana votes Sndvls (3)
Old 10-26-2006, 09:33 PM   #787
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
oh, and has anyone else cronin has switched his vote TWICE to create ties, I at least am thinking about the overall group and sticking with my vote even if it means my own neck in the process.

Switching a vote with hours remaining isn't exactly "creating ties" in the sense you want us to take it. This screams of a desperation play.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:34 PM   #788
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Knowing chief, he probably is catching up the reading, going through checking notes, checking facts and going to present some thought out reasoning for his vote. Which is what I would hope he would do at least...
Old 10-26-2006, 09:34 PM   #789
Tyrith
College Starter

I'd really love it if Rum and NTN put in some votes before 5 minutes left. If they screw with it and force a tie we have to ritualistically slaughter them tomorrow.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:35 PM   #790
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Since you directed my attention to it.. any particular reason both you and Lonestargirl have been voting together today? Or just Coeincidence?

(I know this is a rhetorical question. Mainly asking it in a way so everyone notices it. Not sure if it means much. Would have to go back and read the posts to find if some outside reasoning caused it)
Old 10-26-2006, 09:36 PM   #791
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'd really love it if Rum and NTN put in some votes before 5 minutes left. If they screw with it and force a tie we have to ritualistically slaughter them tomorrow.

I agree... if they are on the good side, they both really need to vote with 10 min remaining or more.. that way any attempt to shift what appears to be the final vote will show up loud and clear to condemn people trying to save folks.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:37 PM   #792
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Since you directed my attention to it.. any particular reason both you and Lonestargirl have been voting together today? Or just Coeincidence?

(I know this is a rhetorical question. Mainly asking it in a way so everyone notices it. Not sure if it means much. Would have to go back and read the posts to find if some outside reasoning caused it)

Coincidence, I'm fairly pissed at her about the whining thing. Yeah, it would make perfect cover, but you saw how I reacted to you when I thought it was getting touchy -- I'd have to be doing a perfect fake job all day. I actually didn't notice that until you mentioned it.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:38 PM   #793
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Is 206 posts by day 2 a record? Ugh.. i feel like I have been on ESPN's hot seat all day. Guess I brought it onto myself though. My hand hurts from too much typing though.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:38 PM   #794
saldana
Pro Starter

i am out for the night, i dont think there has ever been so many different ways a vote could end up this close to the deadline...hopefully we bag an umbrella/zombie.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:39 PM   #795
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Switching a vote with hours remaining isn't exactly "creating ties" in the sense you want us to take it. This screams of a desperation play.

yeah, except he keeps switching to the "popular" candidate at the time
Old 10-26-2006, 09:40 PM   #796
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:

We had a guest hanging around earlier, too (not Chief Rum). Something fishy going on?
Old 10-26-2006, 09:41 PM   #797
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
We had a guest hanging around earlier, too (not Chief Rum). Something fishy going on?

I've seen them here on and off all day. I havent thought too much about it
Old 10-26-2006, 09:42 PM   #798
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
yeah, except he keeps switching to the "popular" candidate at the time

Would you prefer he switch to random people? :P Us good guys aren't possesed with the great insight as to who is on which team like you all are. And he does have to try to stay alive.

Fouts, it could be anything, don't worry about it.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:45 PM   #799
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Good freakin' God, it took me two hours to read all this crap (I also had to do review of Day 1's posts, because I stupidly dozed last night and just scanned them).

I liked Alan's original theory and am inclined to vote for st cronin. But this produces a tie. And Alan said he would vote for whoever forces a tie. So what the hack? I support his theory with my post and then get a vote from him?

Really, I don't like Lathum as a bad guy (just a gut feeling right now), and feel like any squabbling between him and Alan is good villager-good villager. st cronin feels bad to me, although maybe that's just my impression of his experience as a player.

I hope I have the votes right. At the risk of pissing off Alan, I will place a vote for st cronin, because in the end, that's who I feel is the best bet for a baddie at this point.

VOTE ST CRONIN

Sorry for keeping you guys waiting.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:45 PM   #800
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

This nearly resulted in Dinner on my monitor.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote