Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Soccer Text-Based Sims
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-22-2012, 12:45 PM   #201
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
Hippopotami vs Penguins this weekend, I see!

Yeah, so going back to previous point about how hard II.3 is. I lost to TP, 7th place team, this past weekend at home

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #202
Masked
College Starter

I've drifting away from HT in the past month or two. I've missed a few friendlies and let my youth team fall into neglect.

Fortunately, my onfield performance has done very well despite my neglect. With two games to go, I am in a tie for first place with a 3 goal advantage in goal differential. If the season ended today, I would be auto-promoting to D2.
Masked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:22 PM   #203
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Yeah, so going back to previous point about how hard II.3 is. I lost to TP, 7th place team, this past weekend at home

SI
3rd through 6th only separated by 2 points. It could really shake out a number of ways. If my team hadn't laid an egg against Westchester in week 10 I'd be right in the thick of it too.
TargetPractice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:56 PM   #204
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Thing is- even with 2 left to go, I still have to worry about you catching me from behind. I'm up 5 points but I could see you going 2-0 while I go 0-2. It's not the most likely scenario, but it's definitely possible.

SI

Old 01-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #205
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Thing is- even with 2 left to go, I still have to worry about you catching me from behind. I'm up 5 points but I could see you going 2-0 while I go 0-2. It's not the most likely scenario, but it's definitely possible.

SI
That's exceedingly unlikely... I'll be a pretty big underdog in both of my remaining matches.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:41 PM   #206
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Sorry, TP, but I escaped auto-relegation. Now I'm in 5th with 20 while 3rd-6th has between 18 and 22 and emmpee needs to get back to MLS, where he belongs.

SI

Old 02-05-2012, 04:53 PM   #207
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Just finished my first (not full) hattrick season with my first double digit win over a bot team. 3rd place was my destiny after choking a 1-0 game against the team that finished 2nd, even beating the series champions on the road didn't help.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:51 PM   #208
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Woo! We survive another brutal season in II.3! 4th place is as much as I could have expected this season as we had a walkover team and then 7 really good teams and I probably have the least talent of all of them. Will this be the second time I last 3 seasons in II?

SI

Old 02-06-2012, 07:34 AM   #209
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Woo! We survive another brutal season in II.3! 4th place is as much as I could have expected this season as we had a walkover team and then 7 really good teams and I probably have the least talent of all of them. Will this be the second time I last 3 seasons in II?

SI

Congrats on a fine season!

I finished fourth last year, hoped to make it to third and came in second by a wide margin.

The most irritating thing this season is training. I had my #1 trainee keeper pop to level 16 on December 17, the same day I began a holiday visit and two weeks of not paying much attention to Hattrick. So I didn't sell him as I normally would. Now it is seven weeks later and he still hasn't popped to 17. He's 21 now, so the lower training has kicked in, but sheesh.

I won't do this again, ever.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:16 PM   #210
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

It should be your series to lose next year, OG. The team replacing Slideshow is basically a bot and the two teams coming up from VI are very weak. In fact, the whole series will be much weaker next season. Sharks of San Jose and Trestelburg don't pay much attention to their teams.

I should win my qualifier, but you never know. I probably should have finished third, but forgot to submit my lineup at home against Gugahodgen.

Either way, it should be interesting next year. I don't have the money to invest in my midfield to make a run at the first place, but I am hoping to wind up second.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #211
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

I hope you're right about my chances. I didn't pay much attention after the Cup matches ended.

What does Gugahogden mean? There was team in my series called that, too. They're going down.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
Old 02-11-2012, 03:31 AM   #212
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I am saying that I would have finished in 3rd had I not messed up my home match against them. I am in your series, Arkansas Cobras.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:23 PM   #213
MacroGuru
Coordinator

So I won my series, but I didn't score enough pts to auto...Playing my promotion match right now...I am completely dominated in all areas and I am counter attacking. I should be up 3 or 4 to 1 (Based upon blocked shots), but I find myself down 1-0.

Looks like I will sit in VI for a season again, This may be boring..
Old 02-20-2012, 03:10 PM   #214
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
I am saying that I would have finished in 3rd had I not messed up my home match against them. I am in your series, Arkansas Cobras.

Hah! I did not realize that at all. I'm not paying much attention to Hattrick right now, pretty much going through the motions.

It'll be fun playing you, however.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:53 PM   #215
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Prices seem pretty depressed at the moment for higher end talent. I got an older but really good winger (27yo wc pm, titan wing) and 24yo mythical pm with high passing combined for under $7M. Still have $10M in the bank but not looking to make a huge splash at the moment with it.

SI

Old 02-25-2012, 09:38 AM   #216
PilotMan
Head Coach

I have to admit that I'm intrigued, but I still haven't really missed the game much since I left.

Manager PilotMan,

I have an interesting job offer for you over at Hattrick.org

It seems people from your old club Midwest Ice Storm FC are setting up a new team, and they want you back as the manager. You can pick up your career and keep building on your fine reputation in the Hattrick world.
Click here to read more about it.

Lots of things have changed over there since the last time you were active. Team builders such as yourself will appreciate the new training system, which has made it easier to train versatile players.
Also, building a team for the long term is now more efficient, as players develop loyalty towards your club over time, and this makes them fight harder for your colours.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #217
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

One of my original players got hurt and was never coming back from the injury. He was a scrub, but it was still hard firing him. It is kind of weird.

I still have two original players left, one who played a significant number of minutes last season.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:29 AM   #218
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I have to admit that I'm intrigued, but I still haven't really missed the game much since I left.

Manager PilotMan,

I have an interesting job offer for you over at Hattrick.org

It seems people from your old club Midwest Ice Storm FC are setting up a new team, and they want you back as the manager. You can pick up your career and keep building on your fine reputation in the Hattrick world.
Click here to read more about it.

Lots of things have changed over there since the last time you were active. Team builders such as yourself will appreciate the new training system, which has made it easier to train versatile players.
Also, building a team for the long term is now more efficient, as players develop loyalty towards your club over time, and this makes them fight harder for your colours.

got the same email and I'm intrigued too. Still can't access it from work, is the game accessible via iPhone in any way? That'd mean no flash or such things...

Although, like PM said, I've not really missed the game, just intrigued.

FM
Old 03-01-2012, 11:26 AM   #219
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I don't think there is any flash on the site, so you should have no problem from an iPhone.

I am having fun with it. I got quite agitated when my team drew a match we should have won. Things have not changed that much, to be honest.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:08 AM   #220
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

FWIW, I mostly play Hattrick from my Droid. The mobile website is fine for following the games while watching TV, but otherwise useless. The ability to bid on players while at work is what keeps me going with this otherwise 'meh' game.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:04 AM   #221
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Any advice for a second-season player? I'm in a division with one clear-cut light years ahead stronger team and six teams that are, as it appears, doormats compared to my own team. I have no idea whether promotion is a good idea right now, but for future reference I'd still be interested how to handle the situation. My team ID is 815300, the team name is Maassluis FC.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:19 PM   #222
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

i would definitely not promote until I had something brewing underneath on my team. You want to make that next leap when your whole team is ready. Basically, you've sold off your trainees, gotten better across your team, and then promote when your next level of trainees is rising up.

SI

Old 03-22-2012, 05:40 AM   #223
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Anyone wanting to get together for one of the little tournaments? I wanted to test out the engine so first 3 people that post here I'll send invites out to (let me know team name).

SI

Old 03-22-2012, 08:42 AM   #224
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

I'm in for a tournament. Team name is Airborne Penguins
Old 03-22-2012, 08:59 AM   #225
Tellistto
College Prospect

I'll toss my team in. Fizzle United.

Tell
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:25 AM   #226
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Invites sent to both of you

SI

Old 03-22-2012, 09:46 AM   #227
Tellistto
College Prospect

Bleh, teach me to read more on this stuff. Sorry, SI, no credits and no desire to give HT money right at the moment.

Tell
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:47 AM   #228
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Well, I'm a dufus. I thought you only had to be a supporter to organize and anyone could join. My bad, too. Reading: It's funducational!

SI

Old 03-23-2012, 05:34 AM   #229
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Need one more for a mini-FOFC cup. TP, Masked, and myself are in.

SI

Old 03-23-2012, 06:19 AM   #230
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Sorry, already joined a tournament earlier on, which means I've ran out of HT credits to join another.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:26 AM   #231
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

We just need one more team. Anyone up for a mini-tournament?

I threw some other invites out there. Hopefully someone can bite

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-27-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #232
Masked
College Starter

Quote:
We just need one more team. Anyone up for a mini-tournament?

I threw some other invites out there. Hopefully someone can bite

SI

It looks likes someone joined and the matches are booked.
Masked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:03 PM   #233
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'll join some time.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:10 AM   #234
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post
It looks likes someone joined and the matches are booked.

Carligula joined up so we're full. Remember to send lineups ahead of Monday's games

SI

Old 04-07-2012, 02:43 PM   #235
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Any advice for a second-season player? I'm in a division with one clear-cut light years ahead stronger team and six teams that are, as it appears, doormats compared to my own team. I have no idea whether promotion is a good idea right now, but for future reference I'd still be interested how to handle the situation. My team ID is 815300, the team name is Maassluis FC.
Hah, so much for that...
The clear-cut light years ahead stronger team apparently went into bot-mode and got a new owner yesterday, complete with a new collective of scrubs.

That makes tomorrows game not the most anticipated part of the Hattrick day, the interesting stuff will be how much will be paid for my outstanding soon-to-be-20yo defender that popped a day after transfer listing him for only 199K.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:04 PM   #236
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
That makes tomorrows game not the most anticipated part of the Hattrick day, the interesting stuff will be how much will be paid for my outstanding soon-to-be-20yo defender that popped a day after transfer listing him for only 199K.
Today I learned the hard way that players that are transferlisted are listed at their transferlist skill levels and not at their current levels. My best player today got sold for 257K, which is at least 15% below the low end of his market value. Blech.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:37 PM   #237
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Hah, so much for that...
The clear-cut light years ahead stronger team apparently went into bot-mode and got a new owner yesterday, complete with a new collective of scrubs.

Smallish update: My team ended up the series champion and promoted to the dutch VII series. In my first season there, we lucked into a relatively easy collection of teams and have been battling for second place so far. A crucial 1-0 loss last Sunday pushed us back to third and makes promotion less likely. Not like we could afford the promotion right now.

Last edited by MIJB#19 : 08-15-2012 at 04:38 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #238
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Stumbling along in my 4th season in II.3 in 7th place. I've been HTRF'd out of probably 7 points I should have and it will be a struggle to avoid auto-relegation. If I can pull it off, it will be very satisfying

Also, in another few weeks, I'll be the first team in the entire USA with a full flag collection: 128 home and away. Just 6 more easy weeks to go.

SI

Old 08-16-2012, 02:58 PM   #239
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Also, in another few weeks, I'll be the first team in the entire USA with a full flag collection: 128 home and away. Just 6 more easy weeks to go.
Wow, nice!
I haven't even started trying to collect, I've stuck with the 'pool' picks...
Old 08-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #240
MIJB#19
Coordinator

About that flag collection, you planned that well, you have 5 easy ones for the last bunch.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:27 PM   #241
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

It took a ton of work on the front end to get to that point

SI

Old 08-17-2012, 07:17 AM   #242
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
It took a ton of work on the front end to get to that point

SI
... and hoping there won't be any new countries in the future.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:43 AM   #243
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I was up to 124 away when they expanded to 128 so I had to go slog it out with all the payers for the new 4. It was annoying, to say the least.

SI

Old 08-21-2012, 03:53 PM   #244
finketr
College Prospect

Yeah.. and being in II doesn't hurt either.

MIJB, you can just challenge me every week: 221902
finketr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:30 PM   #245
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by finketr View Post

MIJB, you can just challenge me every week: 221902
Alright, I'll try not to forget next Thursday.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:35 PM   #246
MIJB#19
Coordinator

By a leap of faith, my team somehow defeated the series leader 2-1 at home, after going 1-0 doing. That catenacchio works wonders! At the same time the second ranked team was held to a 0-0 draw by the newly hired now best goalkeeper in the series (before that transfer, my goalkeeper was the weekly pick for team of the week). In third on goal difference now but with a slightly easier schedule in hand. My team will probably get killed in the VI.series, but we're trying to finish 2nd as long as we're in the race.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:11 PM   #247
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by finketr View Post

I won't lie about that: being in III and II helps a lot.

SI

Old 08-22-2012, 02:01 AM   #248
Alf
Pro Starter

Hey. Grats on the flag collection. I'm still playing HT. My team is not doing anything as I don't spend much time on it. But I am still collecting flags. Saudi Arabia this week for me.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:03 AM   #249
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I'm in 7th still after another close loss and if I relegate, it might be time to blow it up, go for all of the achievements I can, freefall in the standings, and then retire the team

SI

Old 08-23-2012, 11:26 AM   #250
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
I won't lie about that: being in III and II helps a lot.

SI
Still being such a rookie: playing an opponent that plays at such a high level is good for attendance for a friendly?

Last edited by MIJB#19 : 08-23-2012 at 11:28 AM.