Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-13-2021, 07:10 PM   #1
nickelback
n00b

Two minute offense

Trying to figure out when the plays in this section of the game plan our actually used. Looking over past game logs and knowing the plays I have in that section, it seems these plays are used at odd times (outside of two minutes remaining in a half or one play will be used and then jumps to some other random play that is located in another section of the game plan). In clarification on this would be greatly appreciated.

nickelback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 07:55 PM   #2
ronm613
n00b

One thing to look at is the option of use only the play choices in the specific section or use all... I usually call my own so keep all choices active but when I dont call my own, I check the box for sticking to the section...cannot remember whether it is on as default or not.
ronm613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 12:17 PM   #3
Murph
n00b

I believe 2 minute offense refers to the setting in Game Day -> Planning -> Game Plan Details called Go to hurry up offense. So when that setting kicks in, the 2 minute offensive plays are used.
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 03:00 PM   #4
Ushikawa
H.S. Freshman Team

This is more or less correct
Ushikawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 04:10 PM   #5
nickelback
n00b

So do those plays get used in the first half of games or are they strictly for second half when trying to come back? Makes no sense why to label them in the game plan as Two Minute plays if they are used according Game Plan Details screen.
nickelback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 09:32 PM   #6
Ushikawa
H.S. Freshman Team

the 1st half also but it is less likely...AI is risk averse and seems to consider your field position and can be slow to activate the hurry up to close the first half...don't count on it in other words.

Both the run out clock and go to hurry up setting can't be activated until the 4th Q and even then usually around 8 minutes or so if you have 4 minutes per score set...all of this roughly speaking, weird stuff happens

The most annoying of which is if you are down 9 or 10 and get inside the 10 or so the game will start running the ball ike they have their mortgage wagered on +7.5 moneyline.

My personal rec for the 2m drill plays, go deep...5-6 routes or longer, okay to have some secondary flats (especially to the weak side assuming your best Wr is at the Z) and drags as a few times a season we will beat a team who is driving down the field in the hurry up and those 3-8 yard completions really hurt their chances (don't even get me started on screens in the hurry up)

Another anecdote, scrambling will also kill a lot of clock in the hurry up.

I tend to stick to 3 or 4 minutes depending on my team (and the opponent slightly) but have thrown in 2 o 5s on occasion.
Ushikawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 07:23 PM   #7
ronm613
n00b

I agree with Ushikawa...but this had me spill my coffee

The most annoying of which is if you are down 9 or 10 and get inside the 10 or so the game will start running the ball ike they have their mortgage wagered on +7.5 moneyline.
ronm613 is offline   Reply With Quote