Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-20-2009, 10:53 PM   #1651
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post

I offered to send GoldenEagle some pizza but he wouldn't give me his address ;-)

I am on one of those diet things.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:53 PM   #1652
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
You came up as not a Nazi but that there was no indication that you knew the names of a larger conspiracy movement (forget the exact wording but somewhere along that line). Since the numbers game were very much against the conspiracy I wanted to make your scan a little grey in that it could mean either Rommel or Elser but still make it stand out.

Interesting. I could see her holding off on that. Still, would like to know if she left any hints.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:54 PM   #1653
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
What?! Damn. HOw did she know? Did I PM her accidentally too?

She said she voted for you because you put the 2nd vote on someone during the day 1 or 2 vote. Of course, Danny wound up duking her when she was right about you being a wolf.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:54 PM   #1654
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
I have not been lynched yet since my return to WW!

Sounds like a challenge! :rubs hands:

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:55 PM   #1655
Autumn
Head Coach

Yes, Lathum, I expected you would buy it within a day or two, either from investigation or scan. I figured I might buy you some time, as Chief and Danny were so suspect of me, why would they follow my vote? Sigh.

The other thing though is that your bomb could have nearly won the game for us rihgt there. When I was hit in the blast, I had the option of either letting all three of us live, or killing all three of us who were injured. At that time we had Rommel narrowed down to 6, two of which were in the blast with me. I knew the seer wasn't in the blast. And I expected that Lathum would be caught either that day or as soon as the seer revealed. So I played it safe and kept us alive.

Of course that very day we lynched Rommel, and caught the seer with the night kill. If I had killed us in the blast we would have killed Hitler and KWhit that day as well. No way I could have known, but it could not have worked more almost perfectly for us.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:55 PM   #1656
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
She said she voted for you because you put the 2nd vote on someone during the day 1 or 2 vote. Of course, Danny wound up duking her when she was right about you being a wolf.

Yeah, Autumn, you're not supposed to be the first second vote. A wolf wouldn't do that. And Schmidty, you're not supposed to be the first voter in the whole game when you're a wolf. A wolf wouldn't do that.

Gawd, my analysis sucked.

In my own defense, I had very little to go on, and had to make a lot of "reasonable guesses".

Old 10-20-2009, 10:56 PM   #1657
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

Wow, shows what I know. Neither of the "suspect" things I did this game I did having any idea they would get the amount of scrutiny they did. That and the vote for Jackal were things I would have done as a villager too. Shows how much I still don't know.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:58 PM   #1658
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Since the numbers game were very much against the conspiracy I wanted to make your scan a little grey in that it could mean either Rommel or Elser but still make it stand out.

Yeah, I was daunted at first considering there were 19 players and only 3 wolves, one of which couldn't even communicate with the other two.

But it worked out I guess.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:00 PM   #1659
Autumn
Head Coach

I think Chief asked ... no Stauffenberg didn't have to be at the meeting. But the level of success was determined by whether he was there, how many wolves were there, and the timing. Schmidty hit a home run getting the timing just right.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:00 PM   #1660
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As for Stauffenberg's bomb. There needed to be a conspirator there for it to have a chance to work. If he was actually there it would have had an even greater chance of success. It also had to be on the right time schedule. Abe was able to choose early, on time or late for the meeting schedule.

Abe chose early. The wolves were talking about going on time but Schmidty came up with a gut call by chosing early. That was huge.

Lathum set his bomb day one. There also needed to be a conspirator on that location to allow it to work. Since there was a large enough list in Berlin the night it went off the victim list was greater, including an conspirator who was given the option of just how much he wanted to effect the results of the bomb without knowing if Hitler was even in the blast.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:00 PM   #1661
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Yeah, Autumn, you're not supposed to be the first second vote. A wolf wouldn't do that. And Schmidty, you're not supposed to be the first voter in the whole game when you're a wolf. A wolf wouldn't do that.

Gawd, my analysis sucked.

In my own defense, I had very little to go on, and had to make a lot of "reasonable guesses".

Your analysis was right on, you just overestimated us ;-)
Old 10-20-2009, 11:02 PM   #1662
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Yeah, I was daunted at first considering there were 19 players and only 3 wolves, one of which couldn't even communicate with the other two.

But it worked out I guess.

I figured there were 4 and EF decided to only let me know who 2 were to mix things up.

We dodged a lot of bullets for certain, even I was surprised I skated so long without much scrutiny.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:04 PM   #1663
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I gave the conspirators a little extra power with those two bombs and the "fuzzy" scan result for Lathum as I figured they had a huge uphill climb against the numbers 16-3 to start. I just couldn't figure out how to make 15-4 work and still include Rommel (meaning a possible 14-5 numbers game).
Old 10-20-2009, 11:04 PM   #1664
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I gave the conspirators a little extra power with those two bombs and the "fuzzy" scan result for Lathum as I figured they had a huge uphill climb against the numbers 16-3 to start. I just couldn't figure out how to make 15-4 work and still include Rommel (meaning a possible 14-5 numbers game).

I would have to say, given the end result, you balanced the game really well.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:05 PM   #1665
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As for Lathum learning the names of the other wolves, he learned them once someone voted for one. When one got a vote I would send him a PM saying that he has learned some information. It actually worked out that both received day one votes.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:06 PM   #1666
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
As for Lathum learning the names of the other wolves, he learned them once someone voted for one. When one got a vote I would send him a PM saying that he has learned some information. It actually worked out that both received day one votes.

Well, yeah, everyone got a vote on Day One!

Old 10-20-2009, 11:07 PM   #1667
The Jackal
Coordinator

Great game, EF. I don't know what else I could have done to prove myself innocent there, so I don't feel too bad, but still stings to lose.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:07 PM   #1668
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, yeah, everyone got a vote on Day One!

I fugured there would be a chance that he would at least learn one name on day one and maybe both, or that it would take a few days as the votes usually thin out after day one.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:07 PM   #1669
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

BTW, although we settled this days ago, I just wanted to say again to the village in general that I'm sorry for letting things get out of hand with KWhit.

I think we both realized where we erred and understand each other's positions very well now, but it was very frustrating while in the middle of it. So sorry to the village in general, and again to KWhit, specifically.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:08 PM   #1670
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Great game, EF. I don't know what else I could have done to prove myself innocent there, so I don't feel too bad, but still stings to lose.

Why couldn't you have been a wolf, dernit!

Old 10-20-2009, 11:09 PM   #1671
Autumn
Head Coach

The cunning was really wasted on me. I seem to get that every time I'm a wolf. It would work wonders for Lathum, but no one is ever going to scan me early. So I feel like I should act a little suspicious and hope to get a scan, but I'm more likely to end up lynched. Looking back I should have played the part of Schmidty, voting for the wolves and making myself a certain villager, while I let them deal with their bombs. Luckily we had Schmidty to play the part of Schmidty ;-)

All right, time to make the switch over to my new computer. Hope to see y'all on the other side.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:09 PM   #1672
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I actually have to go eat something and get things together for work tonight. If you have any questions feel free to ask away and I'll check back a little later.

Thanks for playing everyone.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:10 PM   #1673
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Why couldn't you have been a wolf, dernit!

Sorry for not staying on Schmidty, too. By the end I really felt better about him being the wolf, but I thought the 2 vs 2 option was the best case for the village and when PB said he might vote you, I had to take a chance, didn't know you were considering moving, though I should've gathered it from your posts. But I felt cornered.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:10 PM   #1674
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

Oh, I'm not complaining, I was just saying that at the beginning I was pretty scared. I saw the amount of wolves, and the power Hitler had, and I was daunted (as I said). I didn't know about the Lathum scan results thing.

Looking at it now, you did a great job with the mechanics and balancing.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:15 PM   #1675
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Sorry for not staying on Schmidty, too. By the end I really felt better about him being the wolf, but I thought the 2 vs 2 option was the best case for the village and when PB said he might vote you, I had to take a chance, didn't know you were considering moving, though I should've gathered it from your posts. But I felt cornered.

Yeah, I hate to say it, but I was being a little manipulative today. I needed you to feel cornered, and I was hoping to lead you to Schmidty (almost worked). At the same time, I needed to get everyone else on you without seeming like I was bullying you. So I spread a lot of doubt, putting Schmidty up abit. I was also hoping PB might catch the hint in my play and see me angling for the 2-2.

No shame in not catching on yourself (really, the only thing I wanted you to do was vote for Schmidty ). I wasn't really trying to alert you to anything; besides, I wasn't sure you weren't a wolf either. The idea was to get both you and Schmidty.

I couldn't be overt, or the unknown wolf would do his best to gum up the works, and not have us end up in a tie.

In the end, it didn't work. :shurg:

Old 10-21-2009, 08:45 AM   #1676
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Nice job wolves. I was off on everything this game, except the idea of more wolves not being at the first meeting.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:09 AM   #1677
Telle
College Starter

When I scanned Lathum, the result was that he was neither a loyal Nazi nor a conspirator. I wrongly took that to mean he was the player that could be converted.. and didn't see that to be enough to reveal myself for.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:50 AM   #1678
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

EF- Great game, really enjoyed it and liked the flavor you added.

For the record, PB did not have a role nor was he a wolf.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:06 AM   #1679
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
For the record, PB did not have a role nor was he a wolf.

just means you are more likely to be a wolf next game and will be my day 1 vote.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:13 AM   #1680
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
just means you are more likely to be a wolf next game and will be my day 1 vote.

+1

Old 10-21-2009, 11:57 AM   #1681
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

So Schmidty's game hasn't started yet and the D1 voting looks like this:

PB 2- Lathum, EF

sheesh!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:21 PM   #1682
KWhit
Coordinator

Great game guys. Thanks EF, you came up with a great concept and moderated it perfectly, IMO.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:21 PM   #1683
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
BTW, although we settled this days ago, I just wanted to say again to the village in general that I'm sorry for letting things get out of hand with KWhit.

I think we both realized where we erred and understand each other's positions very well now, but it was very frustrating while in the middle of it. So sorry to the village in general, and again to KWhit, specifically.

No worries. I'm sorry for my outbursts as well.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:10 PM   #1684
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
So Schmidty's game hasn't started yet and the D1 voting looks like this:

PB 3- Lathum, EF, Hoops

sheesh!

Something like that ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote