Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-16-2009, 10:26 AM   #101
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Okay, this is a very interesting rule set.

Some food for thought...

1. Should the "Jealous" good role just announce himself? Or that person in some way find a way to let KWhit know his role? Not sure what good would come from placing this role on the bench and having him kill a starter, possibly a good one, to get on the pitch.

2. The PMing. There's a potential lot of it in this game, with the position PMing. The bench PM group is probably bigger (or as big) as the wolf group in this game. I am presuming the PM status will remain in place the entire next day following the match, since we don't know KWhit's lineup until the deadline. (Pass to confirm)

3. The non-specific position skill (at least to our knowledge). The fact anyone can be placed anywhere means that KWhit can orchestrate who PMs who, and also can put something together whereby messages can be passed along between different players through go-betweens by means of position movement.

4. The wolves can choose to set us up for league violations, with a 2 point penalty, instead of doing a kill. If they chose to do this every night, instead of a kill, we would have to win ten matches (3 per match; 30 points total; - 2points per night; 20 points total == 10 points). So the wolves can make it very difficult for us to reach 10 if they want (at a price, of course).

Question for Pass: Is our skill set overall general, or do we each have hidden individual skill levels for particular positions?

2. Yes.

You have individual skill levels for each position.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:26 AM   #102
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Whoa, Nelly.

I'm thinking we need to No Lynch today.

We need players in order to win games. A lynch of a good player could be disastrous for our chances on the field.

I'm not a fan of not lynching. Makes for a very difficult game.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:27 AM   #103
KWhit
Coordinator

All right guys.

As manager of this club, it is my duty to put the best team I can on the field. To do that, I want to begin evaluating talent before we start exterminating each other.

VOTE NO LYNCH
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:30 AM   #104
KWhit
Coordinator

Pass,

Do the wolves play just as well in the games as the normal players? Or do they have the ability to try to play poorly to keep us from winning?
Old 09-16-2009, 10:35 AM   #105
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
All right guys.

As manager of this club, it is my duty to put the best team I can on the field. To do that, I want to begin evaluating talent before we start exterminating each other.

VOTE NO LYNCH

by the randomness of the talents, and the fact that you only get 1 agrregate for each game... it will take a ton of games (5-6 maybe?) before you can actually get any usefull estimates form this! do you propose we not find wolves until then?

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:36 AM   #106
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Pass,

Do the wolves play just as well in the games as the normal players? Or do they have the ability to try to play poorly to keep us from winning?

Good question, was wondering that myself.

I'm okay with a No Lynch, although I think that as long as we have more than 17 players (16 in the lineup, plus KWhit), we have some leeway on lynching without hurting the team.

The problem right now, of course, is lack of information on our specific player skills.

P.S. For those who don't know soccer, negative standings points is possible from violations. So even if we lose or draw in Game One, I would imagine Pass will keep to soccer rules if the wolves choose to go the league violation route, and we'll actually have negative points at that time.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:39 AM   #107
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Pass,

Yes, wolves play just as well. No, they have no ability to play poorly.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:50 AM   #108
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yes, very important.

Can you go fetch me a beer? Thanks.

Gaffer,

With all due respect, one of the non-key squad players should be used to fetch your adult beverage of choice.

I am too busy practicing my embellishing tactics for tonight's match. It is unlikely (if not impossible) that I will lose the ball in the penalty area. However, if it does happen, I am willing to sell the call. You see, I am a team player.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:58 AM   #109
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Kwhit, I'd like a shot to try out as goalie for the first game if possible! I might not know much about soccer, but I have great reflexes!

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:10 AM   #110
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i'm also busy as anything today, and tomorrow will be setting up our computers in our new office, but i'll do what i can to be around...and for sure will be around after work
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:15 AM   #111
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i'd like to play rather than sit on the bench, but it's obviously hit-or-miss where you play me, so i'm not going to be silly enough to pretend that i have a preference.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:18 AM   #112
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Kwhit, I'd like a shot to try out as goalie for the first game if possible! I might not know much about soccer, but I have great reflexes!

I, as the team's best player, have no problem with this. I could play goalkeeper, but then who would score the goals? I prefer to play up-top. I could play on the wing, but I am not really into tracking-back that often.

If you like, gaffer, I can go kick some balls at this lad who wants to play goalkeeper. But you probably will not be able determine much about his abilities, as it is unlikely he will be able to save any of my shots.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:30 AM   #113
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
1. Should the "Jealous" good role just announce himself? Or that person in some way find a way to let KWhit know his role? Not sure what good would come from placing this role on the bench and having him kill a starter, possibly a good one, to get on the pitch.

I think there's more benefit in keeping quiet for now since we wouldn't need to make use of this role in the early going when we lack information and because it could be a NK target in the absence of anything else for the wolves to go after. It's possible we might clearly identify a wolf at some point and then KWhit could manipulate the lineup to have the wolf start and the jealous player sit the bench.

Quote:
4. The wolves can choose to set us up for league violations, with a 2 point penalty, instead of doing a kill. If they chose to do this every night, instead of a kill, we would have to win ten matches (3 per match; 30 points total; - 2points per night; 20 points total == 10 points). So the wolves can make it very difficult for us to reach 10 if they want (at a price, of course).

I don't expect the wolves to forego night kills unless we get close to 10 points. It may take us quite some time to figure out a combination that wins us a match and they have the ability to kill players whom we figure out the right position to play.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:38 AM   #114
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

GE is cracking me up, glad he is back.

I am not a fan of no lynch.

As Clap pointed out, with all the combo's we have I'm not sure 1 day makes a huge difference.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:41 AM   #115
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Actually, it wasn't all that clear in the rules that the Jealous player will pick which starter he kills. My impression reading it was that it was random.

Pass, does the Jealous player role select the starter he kills?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:48 AM   #116
KWhit
Coordinator

Well, I thought it meant that the player had a choice to kill a starter, but it's not specifically stated as so. Pass, is this an action that the player can control? Or does his jealousy just MAKE him kill someone to get in the lineup?
Old 09-16-2009, 11:50 AM   #117
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Actually, it wasn't all that clear in the rules that the Jealous player will pick which starter he kills. My impression reading it was that it was random.

Hm, good point. It said 'choose to kill one of the starters' and I think I read it as 'choose a starter to kill'. If it's random, that takes a lot of luster off using it.

Pass, while you're answering CR's question, is the Jealous ability a repeatable ability or one-time use?
Old 09-16-2009, 11:55 AM   #118
Mia Ow
n00b

Got my PM. Checking in
Mia Ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:58 AM   #119
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, I thought it meant that the player had a choice to kill a starter, but it's not specifically stated as so. Pass, is this an action that the player can control? Or does his jealousy just MAKE him kill someone to get in the lineup?

Jeez. And now that I reread it again, it does say "choose." So I guess he doesn't HAVE to use the ability if placed on the bench.

I would hope that he would use some restraint this early in the game.

I plan on getting everyone in one of the first two games so I can start to get some evaluation going of players.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:03 PM   #120
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Personally i believe it's easier to try to knock off wolves than to try and win by points. That's just me though.

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:12 PM   #121
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

So the manager can't be killed but doesn't count as a player either Pass?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 09-16-2009, 12:31 PM   #122
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

I plan on getting everyone in one of the first two games so I can start to get some evaluation going of players.

I think if we win the first game we stick with that lineup
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:36 PM   #123
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Yes. Each night, the Jealous player selects a target. If the conditions are met (the Jealous player is not a starter, and the target is a starter), then the Jealous player kills the target. Other conditional orders can be made as well. The Jealous player can selects a target each night, but will only be able to kill once (and after the kill happens, there's no point selecting targets anymore).
Old 09-16-2009, 12:36 PM   #124
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
So the manager can't be killed but doesn't count as a player either Pass?

Yes.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:38 PM   #125
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Yes. Each night, the Jealous player selects a target. If the conditions are met (the Jealous player is not a starter, and the target is a starter), then the Jealous player kills the target. Other conditional orders can be made as well. The Jealous player can selects a target each night, but will only be able to kill once (and after the kill happens, there's no point selecting targets anymore).

Also, the Jealous player is not required to select a player each night. It's just an option.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:52 PM   #126
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

So there are 4 wolves correct?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 09-16-2009, 12:57 PM   #127
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So there are 4 wolves correct?
only the wolves know that...

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 09-16-2009, 12:59 PM   #128
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I still owe you from last time bro...

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 09-16-2009, 01:18 PM   #129
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I still owe you from last time bro...
you owe me props and devotion? great!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 09-16-2009, 01:34 PM   #130
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

GoldenEagle denies transfer talk to Wolverhampton Wolves

Rumors floating around that Wolverhampton Wolves would be interesting in signing WW United striker are false, according to the player.

"Look, I can see why they are interested in me," said starlet GoldenEagle, "But I am fully committed to WW United and Kwhit at the time. Plus, why would I want to be play for a team called the Wolves?"
Old 09-16-2009, 01:53 PM   #131
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

After thinking about it, I agree with KWhit that we shouldn't be lynching today. While there are risks with both approaches, right now our ratio is at its worst for picking a wolf out of the pool of players and it buys us more time to figure out player skills. By lynching, we would reduce the size of our squad (whether wolf or player) and make it harder to win games. Winning games puts the most pressure on the wolves because as soon as we get close to 10 points, they are forced to stop killing villagers.

VOTE NO LYNCH
Old 09-16-2009, 02:11 PM   #132
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Vote count:

Quote:
Mia Ow -- claphamsa (94)
No Lynch -- Kwhit (103) JAG (131)
Old 09-16-2009, 02:28 PM   #133
MartinD
High School Varsity

I think that the best option at this point is to keep as many players alive as possible - while this does have the disadvantage of not giving us any real information to work with in terms of finding out who the wolves are, it does give KWhit more players to work with from the point of view of trying to win matches.

VOTE NO LYNCH
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:31 PM   #134
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Small change to the rules. I made the skill levels to go from 1 to 100 instead of 0 to 1, to make them more "FOF-style" -- and now a total score of 600 to 800 is a draw, and higher than 800 is a win.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:33 PM   #135
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Vote count:

Quote:
Mia Ow 1 -- claphamsa (94)
No Lynch 3 -- Kwhit (103) JAG (131) MartinD (133)
Old 09-16-2009, 02:35 PM   #136
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Small change to the rules. I made the skill levels to go from 1 to 100 instead of 0 to 1, to make them more "FOF-style" -- and now a total score of 600 to 800 is a draw, and higher than 800 is a win.

If it is like OOTP, you don't have to show my ratings over 100, just leave them hidden. I know they are way up there.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:11 PM   #137
Schmidty
Coordinator

I wanted to be special, but I'm not.

I want to be a center, but I probably won't get to. Woe is me.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:14 PM   #138
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

busy day....

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 09-16-2009, 03:14 PM   #139
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I wanted to be special, but I'm not.

I want to be a center, but I probably won't get to. Woe is me.

a center? lulz!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 09-16-2009, 03:33 PM   #140
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
a center? lulz!

Isn't this basketball?
Old 09-16-2009, 04:24 PM   #141
Mia Ow
n00b

Ok here goes nothing...I vote MartinD
Old 09-16-2009, 04:33 PM   #142
Mia Ow
n00b

vote MartinD
Old 09-16-2009, 05:07 PM   #143
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I really am not a fan of no lynch, my only problem is I can't get online from 7-5 central time, so my votes will be at night and some what uninformed.

And coach, I really want to play Sweeper! I am great at defense and roughing up the other team!
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:14 PM   #144
Danny
Head Coach

I am here for a brief moment at my dad's house before I have class. Am reading, but will need to wait until late tonight or tomorrow to give my thoughts.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:18 PM   #145
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Personally i believe it's easier to try to knock off wolves than to try and win by points. That's just me though.

I lied, there was a lot fewer posts than I thought, so I have a time to respond a bit.

I really don't know whether this is true or not, but it very well could be. And since we don't know how accomplishable winning the game by points is, it would be foolish to give the wolves free kills while we vote no lynch. I think we need to play this as regular werewolf and then after a game or two we might realize that the game is very winnable through points. But if you go with that strategy from the beginning we could dig ourselves a hole.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:26 PM   #146
J23
College Benchwarmer

Since we have 18 people signed up, and 16 positions listed + 1 coach. Is the extra person on the bench to bring it up to 6 bench players?

Just a heads up, being able to get on the boards around this deadline time is exceedingly hit or miss w/ work. I'll do what I can to stay active though.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:27 PM   #147
The Jackal
Coordinator

I've got dinner plans for the next few hours but I'll check back later to see if there's any sort of consensus on lynch vs no lynch. It seems like no lynch could make sense for the first day because of the value of having a larger roster, but I don't particularly like not going after wolves.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:43 PM   #148
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I just looked and saw that there was no sweeper! What a shame, so I guess I'll volunteer to be a center back.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:52 PM   #149
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I have often told the gaffer that he should lynch everyone on the squad except for me, but he is yet to heed my advice.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:01 PM   #150
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
Since we have 18 people signed up, and 16 positions listed + 1 coach. Is the extra person on the bench to bring it up to 6 bench players?

Just a heads up, being able to get on the boards around this deadline time is exceedingly hit or miss w/ work. I'll do what I can to stay active though.

Only 5 bench players. The rest don't dress for the game.