Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-12-2009, 02:45 PM   #451
Schmidty
Coordinator

Sorry I'm being so quiet, but I don't know what to say today.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:48 PM   #452
hoopsguy
General Manager

Everyone is being pretty quiet today. This is a pretty meaningful vote if we are at 7-3, so I'm hoping we do see some overall increased activity/posting this afternoon.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:51 PM   #453
hoopsguy
General Manager

Votes as of Post #452:

DT - Danny (413), Dubb (425), Lerri (426)
Clap - DT (422)
Lerriuqs - Hoops (448)

No votes - Jackal, Schmidty, Darth, JAG, Clap
Old 11-12-2009, 03:28 PM   #454
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Time check.

Trivia question in just a few minutes here.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:28 PM   #455
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Or less than a few. Like two.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:33 PM   #456
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

All right folks, it's trivia time!

TRIVIA QUESTION

Name two of the four "headline" captains of the Starship Enterprise during the four Enterprise-driven series that were produced, as well as the movies.

Meaning, don't give me the ones where the primary captain didn't start off as captain or was off from duty or what not. I'm just looking for any two of the main Enterprise captains from the four series and the movies.

PM me the answer. First to answer correct gets the phaser set to stun.

Old 11-12-2009, 03:35 PM   #457
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Wow, unless I'm missing something, this was a pretty easy one compared with yesterday.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:36 PM   #458
The Jackal
Coordinator

yeah i probably didn't answer quickly enough because i thought it was too easy and i was missing something
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:37 PM   #459
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

lol i totally don't know anything about start trek

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:37 PM   #460
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

*Star Trek*

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 11-12-2009, 03:41 PM   #461
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Ok, where's Rum?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 11-12-2009, 03:42 PM   #462
The Jackal
Coordinator

i didnt get the phaser
Old 11-12-2009, 03:47 PM   #463
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The correct answer has been given, and the phaser has been awarded.

The correct answers would have been any two of James T. Kirk, Jean Luc Picard, Kathryn Janeway and Jonathon Archer.

Old 11-12-2009, 03:47 PM   #464
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

what the heck, there is an unfair advantage to those who actually watched the show

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 11-12-2009, 03:48 PM   #465
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Sorry Y'all for flaking on the game. Work kept me away from the site for a few days. I hate that I missed coming in and hopefully kicking butt!
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:49 PM   #466
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I hate to ask since it makes me sound lazy, but does anyone have a vote count?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 11-12-2009, 03:51 PM   #467
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Wow, unless I'm missing something, this was a pretty easy one compared with yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
yeah i probably didn't answer quickly enough because i thought it was too easy and i was missing something

I would actually love to grill you guys with some hard and interesting ones.

Fact is, though, not everyone in the game is a Star trek guru, so I have to play to the lowest common denominator. Sorry about that.

Actually, too bad I didn't say "Name three". That woulda gotten interesting (but likely no one who wasn't an avid fan would get it).

Interestingly enough, not one person named Janeway in the PMs to me. I guess Voyager wasn't too popular. Or you guys are all misogynists.

Old 11-12-2009, 03:52 PM   #468
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
what the heck, there is an unfair advantage to those who actually watched the show

That was actually a slow lob softball.

Old 11-12-2009, 03:58 PM   #469
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yep, no complaints about the difficulty on that question. I don't think I have ever watched a full episode on TV or any of the movies and I could have answered that one without looking it up.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:00 PM   #470
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

It was pointed out to me that I "out-triviaed" myself.

I had meant to ask for any of the four primary captains in the four "moving ship" series and movies, and I got stupid writing out the question and made it the "Enterprise" questions.

Janeway, of course, captained the Voyager, the primary ship of the third "moving" series (so not counting Deep Space 9).

So none of you are misogynists. I'm just a dumbass.

The contest results would not have changed from this clarification, so everything the same there.

Old 11-12-2009, 04:15 PM   #471
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Lol I know, I'm just real bad at star trek

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 11-12-2009, 04:16 PM   #472
Danny
Head Coach

I am not locked onto DT specifically although it does kind of appear that way. Yesterday I would have voted Lerriuqs over you or Kwhit had it actually been a meaningful vote. But yes, I am going with DT today
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 04:50 PM   #473
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I dunno who to vote for

dont really have a feeling on anyone...and I dont want to vote for DT since hes on a runnaway....

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:00 PM   #474
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

it is a weird one isn't it?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 11-12-2009, 05:05 PM   #475
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

since it's only Clap, DT, and Lerriuqs up today and Dt is way out in the lead I'll go ahead and

VOTE LERRIUQS

I'm pretty sure it's over for DT though

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 11-12-2009, 05:13 PM   #476
hoopsguy
General Manager

For whoever is the seer, I'm thinking of how we should maximize results for today/tomorrow.

1.) Don't get lynched or night-killed
2.) If you have scanned me, then hopefully you trust me by now. If you have not scanned me I would think it is probably a good idea to do so to build a trust list unless you have a very strong feeling on a wolf

Here is where I think it gets interesting and I start building some conditionals. They are all predicated on DT as the lynch, since he has been the leading candidate all day. But I would suggest modifying this list accordingly if another candidate emerges and takes the lynch instead:
3.) DT dies as a wolf - some reason to still look at Lerriuqs, but not as compelling. Alternatives have been suggested by others, but I would think about Darth, Dubb, or Schmidty as decent options.
4.) DT dies as a villager - I think it is very, very likely that Lerri is a wolf and would encourage you to look at other options instead of scanning Lerri. He would be the fallback if you are alive without a wolf tomorrow, but if we do have a wolf then we take the sure thing and work out the rest going forward.

Point of fact, DT is only up 3-1. If it swings over to Lerriuqs, then the same logic applies - just flip the names between DT/Lerriuqs. If it swings over to someone else then I think you have to scan one of DT/Lerri. Or me, if you have not and think I'm trying to lead you someplace with less than good intentions.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:14 PM   #477
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
since it's only Clap, DT, and Lerriuqs up today and Dt is way out in the lead I'll go ahead and

VOTE LERRIUQS

I'm pretty sure it's over for DT though

Vote is 3-2 between these guys, counting your vote. Way, way far from over.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:15 PM   #478
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'll be back about an hour before deadline for maybe 10-20 minutes, assuming normal schedule holds tonight.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:24 PM   #479
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Vote is 3-2 between these guys, counting your vote. Way, way far from over.

Dude you're convinced either one of these guys is a wolf, what's the problem?

if i vote for DT i'll get accused of jumping on him to avoid suspicion, if I vote for lerriuqs i'm trying to keep it close too early, if i throw someone else into the mix then i'm accused of shifting attention away from these two. that's like a triple edged sword man

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 11-12-2009, 05:33 PM   #480
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
3.) DT dies as a wolf - some reason to still look at Lerriuqs, but not as compelling. Alternatives have been suggested by others, but I would think about Darth, Dubb, or Schmidty as decent options.

Why am I an option if DT is a wolf? If I were a wolf, I would have already voted for him by now. That's how I roll.

Anyway, I'm going to tie it up for poops and giggles. Sorry to the squirrel.

VOTE LERRIUQS

Totally not a set vote.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:36 PM   #481
hoopsguy
General Manager

DV, I'm convinced we have a wolf (and maybe two) in the pair. But if it is one, then this is a really important vote. As such, I want to make sure people understand where the vote actually stands. Saying something is a runaway at 3-1, when vote counts have been posted today, just is not accurate.

As far as the "triple edged sword" - well, yeah. That can certainly happen from time to time. If you live long enough to compile a bunch of questionable votes/posts, then people are likely to question motives at some point.

On the flip side, if you don't compile questionable votes/posts then either you aren't posting or the wolves generally are not going to let you live much longer.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:38 PM   #482
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Why am I an option if DT is a wolf? If I were a wolf, I would have already voted for him by now. That's how I roll.

Anyway, I'm going to tie it up for poops and giggles. Sorry to the squirrel.

VOTE LERRIUQS

Totally not a set vote.

Will respond at greater length when I'm back on later tonight, but short answer is that we don't have that many players left and I've got you in a pretty neutral place on my own personal trust list right now.

I'll try to put out my own personal trust/distrust list tonight and see how well it aligns with others. I've certainly been working on one internally over the past 24 hours or so.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:03 PM   #483
The Jackal
Coordinator

Lerri, why should i vote for DT over you? Or anyone else for that matter
Old 11-12-2009, 06:19 PM   #484
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

CLAXONS AND ALARMS ROCK THE SHIP!!

"Core breach! Core breach!" yells Scotty to the bridge. Crewmembers scramble to emergency stations as the engineering crew rushes to the main engine room to save the ship from a catastrophic breach in its dilithium chamber.

The crisis takes hours of tense activity to run its course and get the ship back to normal operating condition.

When all teh hubbub dies down, Scotty reports to the bridge, "Captain, I found the cause of the breach. Someone used a focused ion beam on a panel of the core shield, weakening it enough for the pressure inside to cave the emergency containment shields."

Spock said, "Mr. Scotty, could you speak in plain English, please?"

"We were sabotaged, Mr. Spock! No two ways about it, this was intentional!" the chief engineer gasped in exasperation.

After turning off his comm link to the bridge, the Good Mr. Scotty turned back to his work area. Looking both ways, he slipped his handy ionic beam emitter back behind the various junk and widgets crowding his work desk, where it wouldn't be found...

Due to the emergency, none of the crew is able to keep on top of brigging anyone today.

THE DAY LYNCH IS CANCELED. ALL VOTES WILL HOLD OVER UNTIL TOMORROW.

Night action deadline is still in place at 9 p.m. EST/ 6 p.m. PDT

Old 11-12-2009, 06:21 PM   #485
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm pretty sure we have to return to the two vote leaders again tomorrow. I'm guessing one of them wanted to use their power before they were lynched. Other option might be them wanting a shot at the seer before one of their members gets lynched, hoping to have one last shot at stalling a real COT emerging.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:22 PM   #486
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

aww WTF! all this debate for nothing? and no lynch today? Damn wolves

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 11-12-2009, 06:24 PM   #487
hoopsguy
General Manager

If the seer does happen to be on at the deadline I would seriously consider a post at one minute after the deadline in the event that they are getting taken out tonight. Obviously that person can make a better judgment than I can about how likely they are to be removed from the chess board, but I would hate to not have any real COT tomorrow because the wolves outflanked us at every turn.

We can have the obligatory "no, the seer should always stay hidden, stop flushing him out!" discussion later tonight if people think that I'm suggesting something radical here.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:05 PM   #488
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

CLAXONS AND ALARMS ROCK THE SHIP!!

"Core breach! Core breach!" yells Scotty to the bridge. Crewmembers scramble to emergency stations as the engineering crew rushes to the main engine room to save the ship from a catastrophic breach in its dilithium chamber.

The crisis takes hours of tense activity to run its course and get the ship back to normal operating condition.

When all teh hubbub dies down, Scotty reports to the bridge, "Captain, I found the cause of the breach. Someone used a focused ion beam on a panel of the core shield, weakening it enough for the pressure inside to cave the emergency containment shields."

Spock said, "Mr. Scotty, could you speak in plain English, please?"

"We were sabotaged, Mr. Spock! No two ways about it, this was intentional!" the chief engineer gasped in exasperation.

After turning off his comm link to the bridge, the Good Mr. Scotty turned back to his work area. Looking both ways, he slipped his handy ionic beam emitter back behind the various junk and widgets crowding his work desk, where it wouldn't be found...

Due to the emergency, none of the crew is able to keep on top of brigging anyone today.

THE DAY LYNCH IS CANCELED. ALL VOTES WILL HOLD OVER UNTIL TOMORROW.

Night action deadline is still in place at 9 p.m. EST/ 6 p.m. PDT

As if the game isn't quiet enough. I doubt we get to 12-13 pages by Monday. Pretty silly (no offense to CR).
Old 11-12-2009, 07:05 PM   #489
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
If the seer does happen to be on at the deadline I would seriously consider a post at one minute after the deadline in the event that they are getting taken out tonight.

I think that's a very good idea, because we're far enough behind at this point (going to be 6-3 after the lynch, unless we have the Evil Bones and we get lucky) that we're in serious danger if they get taken out without revealing their information, even in the event that there's a cunning. We know the good Kirk is also able to scan for roles so for all we know they may have already found Spock.

FWIW, two of the three you mentioned (Darth, dubb) were at the top of my list of other suspects.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:25 PM   #490
Schmidty
Coordinator

I just realized that it was apparently Scotty's ability, a wolf action.

I thought it had something to do with the trivia item.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:14 PM   #491
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Well, that sucked.

Traffic blows today. Sorry for the wait, everyone. Heck, I'm not even home yet. I had to pull off the roadways and find a computer to get this set.

Ugh.

Okay, let me get caught up.

Night time writeup coming up.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:30 PM   #492
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

One day after the engine room near-catastrophe, the crew is still a little bit shaken and nervous. They have almost forgotten about the "good" presence among them. Almost. And soon, they will be harshly reminded.

A scream goes up in the morning, and again the alarms are sounded. Danny has been murdered in the medical ward! Apparently, like many anxious, living-challenged redshirts, Danny became overly concerned and needed to be sedated in the ward last night. Alas, when everyone's back was turned, someone came in and shot Danny up with enough sedative to put down ten redshirts (and five men). Danny passed away quietly in a peaceful slumber.

DANNY WAS YET ANOTHER EVIL ENSIGN SMITH!!

The deadline is the same tomorrow, at 9 p.m. EST/6 p.m. PDT before we take off for the weekend. Another Trivia Contest deadline is set for 4:30 p.m. EST/1:30 p.m. PDT.

The prize? A captain's access card, allowing the holder one free night scan of a player!

Good luck, everyone.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:33 PM   #493
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm a little bit surprised by that kill.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:47 PM   #494
The Jackal
Coordinator

Seer hunting, I guess
Old 11-12-2009, 09:48 PM   #495
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

wow!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 11-12-2009, 10:30 PM   #496
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

if anyone cares... i sucked real bad at hockey tonight

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 11-12-2009, 11:32 PM   #497
Danny
Head Coach

Well that sucks, at least I am not the seer though.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 06:54 AM   #498
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, I'm basically going to wait and see if our seer pokes his head out from under his hole today. If not, then I'll be revisiting a vote for one of the two guys from last night working with the same info we previously had.

I don't think I'm going to have a ton of access today - depends on the firewall rules at my client, but I recall them being tight. And I know that I won't be around late afternoon leading up to deadline due to a work/social commitment. But I will try to respond to any questions if people have them for me.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:57 AM   #499
hoopsguy
General Manager

For the record, there are now only KWhit and NTN voters alive from Day 1.

5 of the 7 NTN voters are alive.
2 of the 5 KWhit voters are alive.

I was wondering if the list had narrowed down for the NTN to where it was worth taking a shot.

The only potential misgiving I have with the KWhit voter theory is if the wolves had caught wind of KWhit = convert early then they could have all piled on him. But I'm pretty much discarding that because they did not convert him on Night 1.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:58 AM   #500
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

OMG someone say something!

GIT R DUN!!!