Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-11-2010, 08:47 PM   #201
J23
College Benchwarmer

And I of course got home way later than expected and missed the deadline. Sorry all
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:47 PM   #202
Danny
Head Coach

Now that Grandma is dead, everyone begins to look around to see who might else not be around. And suddenly you realize a pile of futuristic looking materials that has been torn up. You then realize it is a borg. As you sift through the pile you see facial skin that has been ripped apart and realize it was Lathum!

Lathum is dead, he was the Borg
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:49 PM   #203
Danny
Head Coach

Day/Night 2 is tomorrow at 9pm eastern. Hopefully we will have a more active day all around, including myself.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:53 PM   #204
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Son of a....
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:57 PM   #205
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Ah sonofabitch. Bad day for us with GrannyTorgo and I completely spaced the deadline. For some reason I thought it was 10p. I blame the deadline not being in the thread title.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:57 PM   #206
Autumn
Head Coach

Man, I thought the borg would be fun too.

Well, I'm out for the night. You night owls can figure something out for us while we sleep.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:58 PM   #207
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Ah sonofabitch. Bad day for us with GrannyTorgo and I completely spaced the deadline. For some reason I thought it was 10p. I blame the deadline not being in the thread title.

That would help, I had to go back and check.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:00 PM   #208
Danny
Head Coach

Fixed now, sorry about that.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:08 PM   #209
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Not a lot to go on yet, surprised that Lathum was the NK to be honest as I figured he would have been looked at after the lynch.

Maybe meta-gaming here but that may mean the NK order was placed early, before his late switch. If that was the case it may have been an attempt to set DT up.

Going to do some more of my dynasty, will check back in later.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:11 PM   #210
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I guess we can start the day by looking at who voted for GrannyTorgo.

5 DaddyTorgo - Autumn (151), henry296 (159), EagleFan (162), Kwhit (168), 1 Lathum (173)
Old 01-11-2010, 09:33 PM   #211
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Sorry I was not around, my apartmnent PC is having se4vere malware or virus issues and I am working on it. I hopped here on my office PC to look up the program I think is causing it and what the solutions are.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:36 PM   #212
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here is what I have:

Remove Antivirus Live, removal instructions

Old 01-11-2010, 09:59 PM   #213
hoopsguy
General Manager

Abe, that is the same one I was dealing with tonight at my parents place.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:12 PM   #214
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Sorry I wasn't around. I forgot about a commitment I had made for today.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:43 PM   #215
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I think it's gone. That's three hours of my life I am not getting back

Old 01-12-2010, 01:04 AM   #216
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Note to self: quit thinking so goddamn much.

ehhh I was thinking the exact thing. The loudmouth obnoxious-sounding people that talk a lot are often a werewolf trying to cover their tracks and appear as "having a party". Then again some people just ARE naturally obnoxious and talk a lot so you never can tell. I probably would have switched had I been able to get back on, but had to vote for someone, so Sorry Darth. Send my regards to the Emperor on your date tonight.
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:47 AM   #217
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Well this sucks, not a good day it seems to me. it could have been way worse though, so there's the silver lining. let's do better next time people!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:05 AM   #218
saldana
Pro Starter

well that day result sucked...massively...one post from GT about his role and we could have had 2 people cleared (if the govenor pardoned him as i suggested)

not too sad about the borg being unassimilated from the village though...i never like when people have their own, unique win conditions.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:27 AM   #219
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Checking in! I'm a villager.

Quote:
oh - and my next couple weeks at work suddenly became insane-busy at like...3pm on Friday. So I'm here, and I'm down with this game and I intend to kickass and take names as a villager, but my posting-volume will likely be lighter during the day (unless this becomes my "brain break")

Quote:
he seemed so calm there when he was checking in, and not at all excited. like he was trying to keep his emotions in check!!!

VOTE KWHIT

Quote:
just kidding around!

UNVOTE KWHIT

Quote:
haha...BRING IT ON!!!

Quote:
oh wait

*keeps a lower profile*

Quote:
wouldn't do to get lynched early

So I was taking a look at posts to see if GT had tipped his hand earlier in the day yesterday. I think if you want to expand your mind a little bit then this flurry of posts could have been viewed as he/she having an appealing role and being a bit concerned about lynched.

It is thin, but I know there are several players (self included) who are pretty vigilant about looking for clues in posts. If the wolves thought that he had a bad role for him that may have played a part in their voting for him yesterday.

I'm hopeful that one of our remaining 18 roled players has something more substantial than this to offer up today. But that's my initial take on D1.

I'm at a cross-roads personally between looking at the four remaining/living players who voted for DT and who voted for me. It probably makes more sense to look at DT based on the above analysis, but I obviously take it a bit personally when I'm nearly erased from the game on Day 1 and multiple votes were meta-game logic ("It's Hoops") that people tend to hide behind.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:38 AM   #220
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
but I obviously take it a bit personally when I'm nearly erased from the game on Day 1 and multiple votes were meta-game logic ("It's Hoops") that people tend to hide behind.

I'm one of those people, although I will say that when I voted I had to choose between you or DT so it was basically day 1 coin flip for me. It just so happens that it was a double-sided vote Hoops and send him to the afterlife coin!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:47 AM   #221
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Good Morning

Old 01-12-2010, 08:04 AM   #222
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I guess we can start the day by looking at who voted for GrannyTorgo.

5 DaddyTorgo - Autumn (151), henry296 (159), EagleFan (162), Kwhit (168), 1 Lathum (173)

Without knowing the allegiance of the other candidates, I'm not sure this will get us anywhere. But we know that Lathum was good, I know that I'm good and added DT as something like the fourth or fifth candidate. So, I did find it interesting that he gained such momentum. I wouldn't be surprised to find a wolf within those inner three, but I want to look at the day's voting as a whole before I go too far there.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:14 AM   #223
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Edited (missed upping hoops' total on PB's vote):

(80) – DaddyTorgo votes Kwhit (Kwhit 1)
(81) – DaddyTorgo unvotes Kwhit
(113) – Lathum votes Autumn (Autumn 1)
(128) – path12 votes Darth Vilus (Autumn 1, Darth Vilus 1)
(132) – CrimsonFox votes Darth Vilus (Darth Vilus 2, Autumn 1)
(133) – hoopsguy votes path12 (Darth Vilus 2, Autumn 1, path12 1)
(140) – Darth Vilus votes CrimsonFox (Darth Vilus 2, Autumn 1, path12 1, CrimsonFox 1)
(147) – Abe Sargent votes hoopsguy (Darth Vilus 2, Autumn 1, path 12 1, CrimsonFox 1, hoopsguy 1)
(149) – The Jackal votes PurdueBrad (Darth Vilus 2, Autumn 1, path12 1, CrimsonFox 1, hoopsguy 1, PurdueBrad 1)
(150) – RealDeal votes hoopsguy (Darth Vilus 2, hoopsguy 2, Autumn 1, path12 1, CrimsonFox 1, PurdueBrad 1)
(151) – Autumn votes DaddyTorgo (Darth Vilus 2, hoopsguy 2, Autumn 1, path12 1, CrimsonFox 1, PurdueBrad 1, DaddyTorgo 1)
(156) – saldana votes dubb93 (Darth Vilus 2, hoopsguy 2, Autumn 1, path12 1, CrimsonFox 1, PurdueBrad 1, DaddyTorgo 1, dubb93 1)
(158) – Schmidty votes dubb93 (Darth Vilus 2, hoopsguy 2, dubb93 2, Autumn 1, path12 1, CrimsonFox 1, PurdueBrad 1, DaddyTorgo 1)
(159) – henry296 votes DaddyTorgo (Darth Vilus 2, hoopsguy 2, dubb93 2, DaddyTorgo 2, Autumn 1, path12 1, CrimsonFox 1, PurdueBrad 1)
(162) – EagleFan votes DaddyTorgo (DaddyTorgo 3, Darth Vilus 2, hoopsguy 2, dubb93 2, Autumn 1, path12 1, CrimsonFox 1, PurdueBrad 1)
(163) – RendeR votes hoopsguy (DaddyTorgo 3, hoopsguy 3, Darth Vilus 2, dubb93 2, Autumn 1, path12 1, CrimsonFox 1, PurdueBrad 1)
(168) – Kwhit voted DaddyTorgo (DaddyTorgo 4, hoopsguy 3, Darth Vilus 2, dubb93 2, Autumn 1, path12 1, CrimsonFox 1, PurdueBrad 1)
(169) – PurdueBrad votes hoopsguy (DaddyTorgo 4, hoopsguy 4, Darth Vilus 2, dubb93 2, Autumn 1, path12 1, CrimsonFox 1, PurdueBrad 1)
(173) – Lathum unvotes Autumn, votes DaddyTorgo (DaddyTorgo 5, hoopsguy 4, Darth Vilus 2, dubb93 2, path12 1, CrimsonFox 1, PurdueBrad 1)

Notes on this:

Darth got a pretty early lead with two votes and then just stayed there, going from Darth 2-1 over me to the end without any other votes.

Abe puts Hoops into the mix and RealDeal adds onto that a few posts later. If a villager, Hoops makes a very attractive lynch target for the wolves.

Saldana adds Dubb as our 8th candidate. From that point on consolidation seems to be on people's minds. Schmidty seconds dubb and then it's completely DT and Hoops from then on. This makes me guess that Hoops is probably good, as I think the wolves would be happy to have a runoff between two very good villagers, and there were plenty of other directions to go in with votes.

Henry, EF and Kwhit vote GT within 9 posts, Henry putting DT into the mix for real, and EF raising him up over three other vote getters into the lead. Kwhit breaks a tie with his vote for DT.

If we were to assume that Hoops is also a villager then the key votes are probably EF and RendeR putting those two candidates up at the top out of the mix.

If Hoops were a wolf, then you'd have to wonder at the lack of action near the end, leaving it to Lathum to "save" Hoops. KWhit would be the only real suspicious looking one in that scenario.

We've got a lot of non-voters, which makes things hard. Also, we have all the wrinkles in the voting due to roles. We should look at those roles and see if we can figure out anything based on what did or did not happen.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:21 AM   #224
KWhit
Coordinator

I don't know why I'd look suspicious there. As I said when I voted, we were down to 2 candidates, and I didn't want to vote for Hoops because he always seems to get lynched or night-killed early anyway and I didn't want to ax him on day 1 with no evidence.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:25 AM   #225
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I don't know why I'd look suspicious there. As I said when I voted, we were down to 2 candidates, and I didn't want to vote for Hoops because he always seems to get lynched or night-killed early anyway and I didn't want to ax him on day 1 with no evidence.

He said if Hoops was a wolf you would look suspicious since you broke a tie between Hoops and DT close to the deadline in the favor of Hoops.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:29 AM   #226
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
He said if Hoops was a wolf you would look suspicious since you broke a tie between Hoops and DT close to the deadline in the favor of Hoops.

Right, that's all. I'm just trying to glean anything I can from the record. I don't think there's much there as I suspect if Hoops was bad we would have seen more movement.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:31 AM   #227
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

Yeah, true. Which makes sense.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:36 AM   #228
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Do we have a list yet of our non-voters.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:02 AM   #229
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
No vote: ntn, J23, DaddyTorgo, dubb93

Here are the nonvoters.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:07 AM   #230
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Well, I want to pressure a non-voter so,

Vote ntndeacon

Who is simply the first on that list.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:12 AM   #231
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
No vote: ntn, J23, DaddyTorgo, dubb93

EF handled this yesterday
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:13 AM   #232
RendeR
Coordinator

*chuckles* timing guys, TIMING =)
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:22 AM   #233
saldana
Pro Starter

so since we cant start the circle around GT, is there any other role that can reveal safely that could be verified?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:30 AM   #234
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
so since we cant start the circle around GT, is there any other role that can reveal safely that could be verified?

Well, since only 5 roles are known as good, and one of those is dead....probably not.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:46 AM   #235
hoopsguy
General Manager

Remaining good roles are:
Seer
Bodyguard
Vampire - can control a vote every other day
Schizo - assumes one of six potential roles each day, some good and some not so good

I would think that the first two are pretty much off the table, based on standard WW tactics.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:03 AM   #236
The Jackal
Coordinator

way to kill my awesome role wolves
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:04 AM   #237
path12
Coordinator

I'm going to guess that the Vengeful God is bad, because that seems like a role that is as dangerous to the village as the wolves so it would make sense to reveal that, no?

I'm willing to reveal since I believe my power is best used early, but just revealing my power doesn't prove I'm good......so I'm torn.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:06 AM   #238
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Wel this is an early vote so this easily could change. I am going to put my vote on one of the votes for DT yesterday. This is probably coincidence, but ican't get past Eagle choosing DT over the 3 other candidates with 2 votes. so

Vote EagleFan
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:39 AM   #239
Schmidty
Coordinator

Ok, here's my schedule for today - I go to work in 5 minutes. Work and no internet access until about 5:15 EST. Come home to eat something fast, and then leave within 5 minutes to go tutor the middle school until 7:30 EST.

Basically, I won't be around at all today. Just a heads-up.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:41 AM   #240
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

[quote=Autumn;2201766]Notes on this:

Darth got a pretty early lead with two votes and then just stayed there, going from Darth 2-1 over me to the end without any other votes.

I'm not complaining, but i get this argument alot. S'not my fault.

VOTE J23

No real reason, just bel;ieve that at least one nonvoter was a wolf. I have to head into work right now and im dead tired, so i dont have the time or the energy to work out a better vote. I'll do better tomorrow

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:46 AM   #241
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I may get eaten for this but I got some weird tingling in my toes when Henry voted for DT. How concise and short the post was and that he has said nothing this whole time. I'm leaning toward him atm.
And he is one of the "three"
Old 01-12-2010, 11:48 AM   #242
hoopsguy
General Manager

Darth, yesterday you had two votes on you: Path and CrimsonFox.

I suggested that I thought you were being played as a patsy for not showing up, and voted for Path.

You showed up a couple of minutes later and voted for CrimsonFox instead of Path, even though it was probably in your best interest to vote for Path to create a second candidate opposite you. Why did you vote CrimsonFox instead of Path in this spot?
Old 01-12-2010, 11:50 AM   #243
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Obviously vengence.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:57 AM   #244
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Unvote autumn
Vote DaddyTorgo

Um....WOW!
This points to autumn = wolf
Old 01-12-2010, 12:14 PM   #245
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Um....WOW!

Why?
Old 01-12-2010, 12:19 PM   #246
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Because Lathum voted for autumn and then died by werewolf the first night. Even tho he changed his vote, wolves get scared when they get called out even randomly and want to reduce the chance that the person will call them out again later.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:54 PM   #247
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

vote Autumn

Testing a theory. Also a placeholder as I am leaning towards KWhit to see what shakes out from the DT voters (of which I am one, though I know I am not a wolf).
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:59 PM   #248
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Today, the best I have to go with is the list of people who voted for DT, since that was a hugely important vote for the wolves.

I am choosing Eaglefan, because long posts full of information like his voting analysis always make me suspicious. Also, since EE already has a vote, this starts making voting a bit more meaningful.

Subject to change, because I don't have a strong feeling.

vote Eaglefan
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:07 PM   #249
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

unvote ntndeacon
Vote dubb

ntndeacon has now voted, dubb has not. Have I missed something where he said he would be gone or something? If so I'll move my vote but I don;t recall any.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:09 PM   #250
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Um....WOW!

I can see your argument, but I don't think it quite qualifies for a "wow". That might be one reason Lathum could have died (but isn't). I doubt it was for any reason other than Lathum is an extremely competent villager.