Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I dunno

I PMed a lot of the regulars and got a lot of no thank yous
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:13 PM   #102
J23
College Benchwarmer

Got out of class late so missed the deadline sadly. Sorry village, though it wasn't as if I had any insight.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:16 PM   #103
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I wonder if the long dry spell with no game hurt it a little. Everyone got out of the habit of checking the WW forum. Hopefully everyone gets back into it. Would be nice to see the glory days return.

But it's been the same for the last three or four games. So, I think you're right in some sense, but at some point people have to start paying attention to the games they sign up for. This has been exactly like how it's been going every time we get one running.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:17 PM   #104
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

ouch. that hurts - the chief rum loss.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:18 PM   #105
Autumn
Head Coach

Bad luck with that night kill. I assume it was nothing more than luck, I can't imagine Chief said enough to give anything away.

Not sure about day 2. I might keep my vote on Schmidty, who never voted. Might be useful to switch it to DV, who never checked in, and at least knowing his allegiance would tell us about day one.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:19 PM   #106
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

in a more general sense - i wonder if we've just all like...advanced so far as far as reading the game and reading other players that that stifles a lot of the analysis and discussion?

and that leads to less conversation, so there's less to analyze and post about.

hmm
Old 09-21-2010, 08:22 PM   #107
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
in a more general sense - i wonder if we've just all like...advanced so far as far as reading the game and reading other players that that stifles a lot of the analysis and discussion?

and that leads to less conversation, so there's less to analyze and post about.

hmm

Well I don't think that's my problem lol. I don't think I'll ever be able to be very helpful on day 1 or 2. Not that I'm much help after that, but I can at least pretend to know what I'm doing.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:28 PM   #108
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, that would explain why I'm one of the only talkative ones left ;-)
Old 09-21-2010, 08:34 PM   #109
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

That's true...day 1 is always pretty much a crapshoot. day 2...we'll see. hopefuly will do better as far as activity.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:03 PM   #110
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm going to get away from the computer for a while. I'm going to go ahead and throw my vote down, try to help stimulate something. I think voting Darth gives us some information about day one, and if he's not going to show up, might as well do it anyway.

VOTE DARTH VILUS
Old 09-21-2010, 09:11 PM   #111
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
You thought you were off for a fun and festive weekend at the slopes. Skis are packed, lift tickets bought and plenty of booze and food have been thrown in the back of the car.

You arrive at the chalet you are sharing with a group of people you loosely know, most from the internet. What could possible go wrong?

Things go great the first night, everyone getting along great, eating, drinking, and being merry.

However, when you awake the next morning you find the mutilated body of hoopsguy, entrails strewn about the kitchen.

It appears there are werewolves among you...

Damn it!!!!

Does this entitle me to post in the "Died Early" thread?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:14 PM   #112
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I think the problem is that the board as a whole has stagnated. WW (here at least) needs a regular supply of fresh players. Without that I think it becomes harder to run games. Mind you I only check the board maybe once during the week and then normally once over the weekend so I could be very wrong.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:46 PM   #113
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Boo to early night kill of Chief Rum. You wolves are all just cowards afraid to leave me alive!

Bummer... Good luck, village.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:12 AM   #114
saldana
Pro Starter

gotta agree with voting the guy that hasnt even checked in...not being here at all is not helping at all, imo

vote DV
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:16 AM   #115
Autumn
Head Coach

As for the night kill, Chief seems a pretty normal day one pick. He's up there in the elite villagers that I know get bandied around every time I'm a wolf. Danny tends to get hit too often on day one, Chief I don't think has got knocked off early lately. So I don't see anything useful in knowing he was the target. Just bad luck that he was the bodyguard.

I say we off DV, then we know basically what the day one vote was about. If it was villager/villager we can mostly discount it and move on.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:17 AM   #116
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

One thing that's interesting about Chief dying (although I don't see how we can use it in any way) is that he clearly wasn't guarding himself.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:28 AM   #117
J23
College Benchwarmer

Vote DV

I'm not sure if a runaway helps us much here, but while I think about alternatives, I want to get a vote in so I don't pull a repeat of last night (have class again tonight).
Old 09-22-2010, 10:40 AM   #118
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
One thing that's interesting about Chief dying (although I don't see how we can use it in any way) is that he clearly wasn't guarding himself.

Yeah, true. Which given how quiet this game has been, I wouldn't ignore the possibility that he just forgot to put in orders. It's hard to imagine he had any lead yet, but maybe thought he'd take a shot in the dark. Hmm.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:48 AM   #119
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Out jobhunting with interviews and rehearsal. No better thoughts either.
And this does go along with my want to get rid of quiet people.

VOTE DV
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:01 AM   #120
The Jackal
Coordinator

Gah, had a really busy day yesterday and didn't even check my email to see this game had started. Had a lengthy doctor apt and then was taking care of my sick girlfriend! Time to catch up and see if I was killed due to inactivity!
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:03 AM   #121
The Jackal
Coordinator

Bleh sorry guys, can't be upset that you gunned me down, at least I wasn't important.

And you damn well better know I'm a flyers fan saldana.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:22 AM   #122
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Alright...moving on.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:26 AM   #123
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

CF's vote on Schmidty at the end of the day yesterday was interesting - could that be a wolf trying to hide a vote where it won't matter?

Or could Schmidty be a wolf and CF knew that he was in no danger at that point so he decided to hide his vote there? Or is DV a wolf who hasn't checked in and that's why CF stayed away from him last night - although that doesn't explain why he voted for Schmidty over Jackal?

Or was it just a random vote on somebody who wasn't in contention?

These are the thoughts running through my head at the moment. stream-of-consciousness into my thoughts to try to spur some conversation and discussion.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:37 AM   #124
Autumn
Head Coach

CF's vote struck me as odd too. I'm not sure I can pinpoint why, I just know as soon as I read his post I though, hmmm. The reasoning didn't stand up to analysis and it was a bit of a throwaway at that point. I agree that your points are possibilities, DT. It's the only vote that stuck out to me. Once we know about DV I guess we can look back again and know more.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:57 AM   #125
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Yeah - I was just trying to throw a sorta "stream of consciousness" post out there to try to start some discussion up and make this game more active.

It's also useful for me to look back on myself and try to remember what I was thinking.

DV is certainly a possible vote, based on what you and saldana said this morning. Just wondering if there are other votes that tell us things...
Old 09-22-2010, 11:59 AM   #126
J23
College Benchwarmer

As others have pointed out, the vote was a bit odd, but aren't CF's votes often a bit odd? With little to go on, it might be worth taking a look, but it could also be an easy way for the wolves to point us down the wrong track.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:08 PM   #127
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
As others have pointed out, the vote was a bit odd, but aren't CF's votes often a bit odd? With little to go on, it might be worth taking a look, but it could also be an easy way for the wolves to point us down the wrong track.

That's what I was thinking last night. I seem to recall often thinking that about CF's votes, he sometimes blows through with one that doesn't seem to really follow. Who knows.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:09 PM   #128
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Yeah - I was just trying to throw a sorta "stream of consciousness" post out there to try to start some discussion up and make this game more active.

It's also useful for me to look back on myself and try to remember what I was thinking.

DV is certainly a possible vote, based on what you and saldana said this morning. Just wondering if there are other votes that tell us things...

I know what you're saying, that's what I typically do in these games. That's all I'm doing back. I don't see a reason for a vote there yet, but we need some sort of discussion.

I think other than DV I'd probably just go back to Schmidty. Nothing suspicious there, but another guy who didn't vote, and who would tell us a little bit about yesterday.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:28 PM   #129
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Vote DV

Just sticking with my vote from yesterday. If he shows up, or something else happens I'll change it.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:47 PM   #130
J23
College Benchwarmer

Heading out to school shortly. I'm leaving my vote on DV for the time being, and hope to be able to stop in before deadline in case I need to move it.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:13 PM   #131
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I should put in a vote because I'm not sure I'll start up my laptop when I get home before I take my practice test.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:13 PM   #132
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

VOTE DARTH VILIUS
Old 09-22-2010, 05:31 PM   #133
saldana
Pro Starter

hey guys, sorry to have not been around all day...spent the entire day in the emergency room hooked up to a bunch of machines.

i may not be around at the deadline either, depending on whether or not the meds they gave me put me to sleep

still a bit disappointed there isnt more going on.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:08 PM   #134
Autumn
Head Coach

That doesn't sound good, Saldana, hope everything's okay.

Me too. I really hope that one of the inactive people isn't our seer.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:13 PM   #135
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

vote CF

Need to have another option in there somehow.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:14 PM   #136
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

ok since a landslide helps no one , my vote will go elsewhere. Several folks have noted CF's odd vote. it was at best a wasted vote. So as to put a little variety in today's vote...

Vote Crimson Fox
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:15 PM   #137
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
That doesn't sound good, Saldana, hope everything's okay.

Me too. I really hope that one of the inactive people isn't our seer.

I hope the seer is active as far as sending in scans at least.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:17 PM   #138
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

dola: and I hope that all is well for saldana as well.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:31 PM   #139
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I hope the seer is active as far as sending in scans at least.

Yeah, that's what i was worrying about. One of those games where we get "Oh, sorry guys, I forgot to get scan orders in."
Old 09-22-2010, 07:09 PM   #140
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Yeah, that's what i was worrying about. One of those games where we get "Oh, sorry guys, I forgot to get scan orders in."

Afraid that we already had a... sorry guys I forgot to put the protect orders in
Old 09-22-2010, 07:13 PM   #141
Autumn
Head Coach

Does anyone have a vote count?
Old 09-22-2010, 07:15 PM   #142
Danny
Head Coach

Alright, so this looks like a DV and CrimsonFox run off. Honestly, while I usually avoid voting DV, this is day two and he hasn't even checked in yet. Even if he is a villager, he is not helping us. And CF tends to make some weird plays as was said, so I am not sold on him.

Vote Darth Vilus
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:20 PM   #143
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Alright, so this looks like a DV and CrimsonFox run off. Honestly, while I usually avoid voting DV, this is day two and he hasn't even checked in yet. Even if he is a villager, he is not helping us. And CF tends to make some weird plays as was said, so I am not sold on him.

Vote Darth Vilus

Why make it a runaway that tells us nothing (especially when we have nothing to go on already)?
Old 09-22-2010, 07:21 PM   #144
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I'm in the middle of a practice test for this exam that i just paused to check - is there anything that would compel me to change my vote?
Old 09-22-2010, 07:21 PM   #145
Danny
Head Coach

I just counted and it looks like it was 6-2 for Darth with my vote making it 7-2. Even if I switch, its 6-3 and like I said, I don't think someone gets two days of not checking in and gets to live, villager or wolf.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:22 PM   #146
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Saldana is fine, I'll leave it up to him to give out details but he had some chest pain that turned out to be nothing serious with regards to any organs...
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:22 PM   #147
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

damn - hope you're okay saldana!!
Old 09-22-2010, 07:22 PM   #148
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Now I am in suspicion mode, for the first time in a while. Not entirely sure why but I don't remember Danny playing like that and would have figured he would want to learn something from the vote instead of having a runaway.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:24 PM   #149
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Saldana is fine, I'll leave it up to him to give out details but he had some chest pain that turned out to be nothing serious with regards to any organs...

That's good to hear, that he is okay.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:26 PM   #150
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Now I am in suspicion mode, for the first time in a while. Not entirely sure why but I don't remember Danny playing like that and would have figured he would want to learn something from the vote instead of having a runaway.

You're definitely right, but this is a unique case considering one person still hasn't checked in on day 2 and when I voted I thought was closer. Still I see no reason to change as it's still 6 vs 3 even with a switch.