Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-14-2005, 10:13 PM   #351
Vince
Pro Starter

Fair enough, I guess. Reading over what you said didn't really make me think of anything other than "huh?" So I guess I got nothing, too.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 10:15 PM   #352
Peregrine
Pro Starter

*chuckles a nasty moderator laugh* Going to be some fireworks tonight, I can tell.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 10:17 PM   #353
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Guess that means the rest of the bandits are sending in kill orders.

I don't know who to kill.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 10:18 PM   #354
Vince
Pro Starter

Maybe we'll figure something out, at least.

That's not a very reassuring message though, oh nasty moderator
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:24 PM   #355
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

That message from our moderator has made me very nervous...
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 11:21 PM   #356
Vince
Pro Starter

Ok, now that Rich Harden is finished dominating the Rangers (damn having both Teixeira and Soriano on my fantasy team), I have nothing to keep me occupied until I find out what happened tonight. That post by Peregrine has me on edge...
Old 07-14-2005, 11:41 PM   #357
JeeberD
General Manager

Sorry Fozz. But I guess that's what you get for picking on me...

Peregrine has me worried now. I can see Henry or Fouts taking me out since their vote failed...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 12:45 AM   #358
Suicane75
Coordinator

Whats going onnnnnnnnnn??????????????
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 01:20 AM   #359
kingfc22
Head Coach

Uh oh...I see Peregrine lurking...
Old 07-15-2005, 01:29 AM   #360
Vince
Pro Starter

He has been for a few hours now :/
Old 07-15-2005, 01:32 AM   #361
Peregrine
Pro Starter

It's a chaotic, bloody night. Most of you stay huddled in your tents, weapons out, hoping that you'll live through the night. In the morning, crumpled bodies seem to be everywhere, and blood spatters the trees and covers the ground in wet trails. The first body to be found is that of KevinNU7, who was apparently in a scouting position next to a tree when someone smashed his head in with club. A Sheriff's badge was found on him, and he had some small magical items on him, leading you to believe that he was a Spy!

Soon after, there is a cry from one of the tents and you crowd in to see the withered husk that is all that is left of Coffee Warlord, obviously the latest victim of the creatures. What's this? Another Sheriff's badge? More magical instruments! Apparently CW was also a Spy! The news just gets worse and worse.

Near the edge of camp, spotted as the sun starts to thicken through the trees, is what looks like a horribly burned and melted skeleton. Magic, you think? Apparently this is what one of the creatures looks like after it's dead. It used to be Vince, you're pretty sure. Someone got him good with an axe in the back, so they can be killed by your weapons! In a tent near this body, there is a low moan, and Raiders Army staggers out into the daylight. He is bleeding a bit and has obviously been stabbed, but has been patched up and is still alive. "Someone tried to kill me, you bastards!" is all he can say to the rest of you.

But this isn't the end of the bloody morning. The body of Swaggs is found face down by the small stream near the edge of the camp, apparently garroted. From his equipment he seems to be a normal bandit. In addition, in the stream itself is floating the dissolved remains of another one of the creatures, this one looks a lot like Schmidty!

Ugh, with this much slaughter at night, what can the day bring?

Day 3

TazFTW
Suicane75
Neon_Chaos
Jeff061
Fouts
Raiders Army
Thomkal
Kwhit
Airhog
KevinNU7 - killed Night 2 (Spy)
Coffee Warlord - devoured Night 2 (Spy)
heybrad
henry296
BrianD
JeeberD
Eaglesfan27
SirFozzie - Lynched Day 2 (bandit)
Qwikshot - devoured night 1 (bandit)
Schmidty - killed Night 2 (creature)
Masked
digamma
Mr. Wednesday - Lynched Day 1 (bandit)
Swaggs - killed Night 2 (bandit)
Mrsimperless - killed Night 1 (ex-deputy)
Vince - killed Night 2 (Creature)
Kingfc22

Lynch vote will be at 8 pm Eastern as usual, I may not be able to get you the results until after midnight, though I will try. Night actions should be sent in as normal.

Last edited by Peregrine : 07-15-2005 at 01:56 PM.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:35 AM   #362
kingfc22
Head Coach

Nice 2 creatures
Old 07-15-2005, 01:36 AM   #363
Schmidty
Coordinator

Poop.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:37 AM   #364
Schmidty
Coordinator

This feels like a very random game quite honestly. Fun while it lasted, but random.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:38 AM   #365
Vince
Pro Starter

Well crap.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:38 AM   #366
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Yeah there is definitely a large random element, no doubt of that.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:40 AM   #367
Vince
Pro Starter

Well, it was a lot of fun while it lasted, that's for sure. Time to grab some popcorn, and see how it turns out.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:42 AM   #368
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

hmmm. this is a good thing for us bandits... technically. 2 creatures dead, 2 spies dead. Although the spies would have been able to help us find out who the other creatures are... they still work for the king.

Swaggs probably killed Schmidty, and someone else got pissed off at Swaggs. :P
Old 07-15-2005, 01:44 AM   #369
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

w00t! 2 creatures and 2 spies killed. Viva la bandits!
Old 07-15-2005, 01:48 AM   #370
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quick day 2 analysis:

Creatures: Vince and Schmidty both bandwagoned on SirFozzie.

Kevin also voted SirFozzie and was killed by a bandit

Raiders Army is a bandit...think that is safe to say as he was attacked by another bandit

Swaggs voted for Jeebs on both nights, but so did digamma. I believe Jeebs probably killed Swaggs tonight and he is a bandit in my mind.

CW was devoured and he voted for Henry who is high on my list right now...Would the creatures be crazy enough to ALL vote for Foz. I mean someone has to mix it up a bit. Right?

Post 261 is really odd. Why would Henry ask if we were sure that Qwik was killed by a creature and not by a bandit as if he was trying to turn us off that track? It was pretty obvious that he WAS killed by a creature. Hmm. Now I'm really suspicious...
Old 07-15-2005, 01:57 AM   #371
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Raiders Army is a bandit...think that is safe to say as he was attacked by another bandit

I don't think we can assume that. Obviously the doctor saved Raiders Army from a bandit attack but how would the doctor know whether Raiders Army was a bandit or not?

According to the intro post the spy were the leaders of the sheriff's man, were there only 2? Also the role is called Sheriff's Man not men, so is there only one of him?
Old 07-15-2005, 05:59 AM   #372
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Thanks doc. You're the man.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 06:10 AM   #373
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Gonna be busy at work today, so I'll have to mull over what happened last night later.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:19 AM   #374
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Are people just killing at random or is there any strategy going on here?

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 07:08 AM   #375
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Again, I feel that voting in Day 3 is going to be pointless for me. But I will try to analyze and put in a vote once I've read back and put some pieces together.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:09 AM   #376
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

dola

jeff, I think everyone's pretty much killing on their hunch.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:41 AM   #377
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Yes, we got 2 creatures. Let's get another one tonight, my fellow bandits

Edit: Still not sure if my Friday clinic has internet access for me. I might not be back til about 5:30 Central time.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-15-2005 at 07:42 AM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 08:11 AM   #378
JeeberD
General Manager

Wow, good work guys! Down with the creatures! Down with the king's spys!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 08:29 AM   #379
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

You're...*cough*...under...*sputter*...arrest....*splat*

Ow. Bastards.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 08:45 AM   #380
KWhit
Coordinator

I find it interesting that Raiders Army was attacked and saved by the doctor. Here's the doctor role:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Doctor - The camp's "doctor" doesn't have any formal medical training but has picked up a lot on how to treat knife wounds in the back. Each night he can protect one person and if they are attacked by bandits he can save their life. Unfortunately the attacks of the Creatures are too deadly for even the doctor to heal, however the doctor's protection will stop the creatures from taking over the person he protects. The doctor can choose to protect himself but can't protect the same person twice in a row.

So from that, here's what we know:
  1. Raiders was attacked by a bandit.
  2. The doctor chose to protect Raiders Army
If I were the doctor, I wouldn't know who to protect right now (I don't think anyone is an obvious bandit at this point), and personally, I don't know that I would just randomly pick somebody to protect. So for that reason, I think that RA is the doctor and chose to protect himself.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 08:53 AM   #381
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Wow, quite the bloodbath this morning. It did manage to get two creatures and a spy (with the creatures getting another spy), though when you throw that many darts, you expect to hit a few times. Looks like Swaggs was the only "innocent" victim, and RA is still unknown. If my count is right, we have had 6 bandit kills already. That should lower the threat some, but there are a number of bandits still alive.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 08:56 AM   #382
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
I find it interesting that Raiders Army was attacked and saved by the doctor. Here's the doctor role:

So from that, here's what we know:
  1. Raiders was attacked by a bandit.
  2. The doctor chose to protect Raiders Army
If I were the doctor, I wouldn't know who to protect right now (I don't think anyone is an obvious bandit at this point), and personally, I don't know that I would just randomly pick somebody to protect. So for that reason, I think that RA is the doctor and chose to protect himself.

I wonder what would happen if the doctor protected a creature. Would he be able to save the creature? If he can't save a creature, doing random protects wouldn't be so bad. If he can save a creature, it probably isn't worthwhile protecting randomly.

I had forgotten that the creatures can take over people. I suppose it is too much to hope that there were only two creatures to start and they didn't have time to take over another.....I wonder how many we are still dealing with.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:57 AM   #383
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
Wow, quite the bloodbath this morning. It did manage to get two creatures and a spy (with the creatures getting another spy), though when you throw that many darts, you expect to hit a few times. Looks like Swaggs was the only "innocent" victim, and RA is still unknown. If my count is right, we have had 6 bandit kills already. That should lower the threat some, but there are a number of bandits still alive.

What do you mean by "lower the threat"?
Old 07-15-2005, 09:10 AM   #384
KevinNU7
College Starter

Kind of sad most of you are happy you killed two spys. Do you realize the valuable information we have? If we lived tonight we would have had the status of 6 players AND know our Sherriff's Men. That's atleast 10 players (6 views, 2 spys, atleast 2 sherriff's men) we would know the status of. You should be disappointed to lose us.

Also, Peregrine hit out Sherriff's Men with bad news about the rules last night that really upset us because it compeltely through off our plans from what we planned from the start.

By the way I viewed a Creature and he is still alive, good luck with that

Last edited by KevinNU7 : 07-15-2005 at 09:11 AM.
KevinNU7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 09:10 AM   #385
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Just call me Doctor Army then. j/k

(As an aside, the guy who played Doc Baker on Little House on the Prairie died last weekend)

This is what concerns me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
Note - there is at least one secret role not on this list that can affect the outcome of the various rules, just keep that in mind!

So what's the secret role? Anyone have any ideas?
Old 07-15-2005, 09:13 AM   #386
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7
Kind of sad most of you are happy you killed two spys. Do you realize the valuable information we have? If we lived tonight we would have had the status of 6 players AND know our Sherriff's Men. That's atleast 10 players (6 views, 2 spys, atleast 2 sherriff's men) we would know the status of. You should be disappointed to lose us.
Tru dat.

Although the bandits/villagers are against you as well as the creatures, it is unfortunate that we couldn't use you and then kill you later in the game.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:15 AM   #387
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Also, Peregrine hit out Sherriff's Men with bad news about the rules last night that really upset us because it compeltely through off our plans from what we planned from the start.

Sorry about that, it was one of those things where I hadn't made the rules clear enough regarding your recruitment ability. It wasn't my idea that the Sheriff's men would take over the whole place.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:17 AM   #388
KWhit
Coordinator

I wonder if the guard has seen a creature kill yet?

If so, it might be time to tell us. People don't seem to live very long in this game, and I'd hate to have your info die with you like it did for Kevin.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:19 AM   #389
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Also, when did you view the creature Kevin, and if you didn't view the creature last night, why didn't you let us know?
Old 07-15-2005, 09:20 AM   #390
Peregrine
Pro Starter

No interrogating of dead players! They aren't allowed to communicate beyond the occasional brief post. Thanks.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:20 AM   #391
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Just call me Doctor Army then. j/k

(As an aside, the guy who played Doc Baker on Little House on the Prairie died last weekend)

This is what concerns me:

King?
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 09:23 AM   #392
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
What do you mean by "lower the threat"?

A bandit can only kill once. With so many having killed already, there is a lower threat of the random kills.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:25 AM   #393
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Do you think it is too much to hope that the secret role can talk to the dead and find out who Kevin saw?
Old 07-15-2005, 09:26 AM   #394
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Tru dat.

Although the bandits/villagers are against you as well as the creatures, it is unfortunate that we couldn't use you and then kill you later in the game.

My role (and Kevin's) was just HARSH. We were one of scant few with no killing ability, and everyone wanted us dead. There was just no way.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:26 AM   #395
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Also, when did you view the creature Kevin, and if you didn't view the creature last night, why didn't you let us know?
Out of respect for the game I won't tell you who or anything. But I will tell you that there was no point in me telling anyone because the creatures would have killed me AND/OR a bandit would have killed me eventually. The key for teh Spy is to guide players in to the right lynching without you yourself becoming a target.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:27 AM   #396
Raiders Army
Coordinator

This iteraton of Werewolf has mucho death and destruction. If you were Peregrine, how would you counter that a little? Maybe have a role that can ressurect? I'm trying to think of other possibilities, but that one may be the most appealing.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:28 AM   #397
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7
Out of respect for the game I won't tell you who or anything. But I will tell you that there was no point in me telling anyone because the creatures would have killed me AND/OR a bandit would have killed me eventually. The key for teh Spy is to guide players in to the right lynching without you yourself becoming a target.
Ah...I was appropriately chastised by Peregrine. You were in a bad position for sure.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:29 AM   #398
KWhit
Coordinator

Coffee Warlord was a spy and he voted for Henry. Henry also made a couple of strange posts that had me scratching my head.

My vote can still be swayed (since I'm not really confident about this), but it's the best thing I've seen to go on yet.

Vote henry296
Old 07-15-2005, 09:33 AM   #399
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
This iteraton of Werewolf has mucho death and destruction. If you were Peregrine, how would you counter that a little? Maybe have a role that can ressurect? I'm trying to think of other possibilities, but that one may be the most appealing.

Very true, but it is by design. Different werewolf designs have different speeds, this is meant to be a fast-motion quick death game. Others are slower and encourage more analysis. I certainly wouldn't run two games like this twice in a row!
Old 07-15-2005, 09:34 AM   #400
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
Very true, but it is by design. Different werewolf designs have different speeds, this is meant to be a fast-motion quick death game. Others are slower and encourage more analysis. I certainly wouldn't run two games like this twice in a row!

And don't give me the biggest walking target in the game role next time either.

Glad I finally got around to playing one of these though. Fun times.