Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-22-2005, 07:15 PM   #1201
hoopsguy
General Manager

Not gloating at all. Couldn't be further from it.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 07:26 PM   #1202
saldana
Pro Starter

ooc, anyone have any idea why all our titles are different?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 07:26 PM   #1203
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
ooc, anyone have any idea why all our titles are different?

skydog changed them yesterday.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 09:31 PM   #1204
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Sorry guys, I've had to do some re-reouting with regards to my office's firewall... it seems that I can't access the new address for the board (fof.sportplanet.gamespy.com)

hoopsguy - st.cronin, dubb93, Barkeep49, saldana
Raider's Army - pennywisesb
dubb93 - hoopsguy
No Votes: kingfc22 (invalid vote format), Raider's Army

You take hoopsguy and bind him, waiting for him to turn into a werewolf as most of you expect. As you tie a noose around his neck, he panickly asks everyone to reconsider. No go. Before he is hung, hoopsguy looks at everyone with a sad face, crying "You're making a big mistake. I'm not a werewolf! I'm not a damn werewolf!"

You hang him... wait for him to turn... nothing. You search his belongings, nothing. You feel like you all have made a mistake... what could be the last mistake you will ever make...

hoopsguy has been killed! hoopsguy was a villager! It is now Night (5), send in your night actions.

Player List:
saldana
st.cronin
kingfc22
Raiders Army
Passacaglia - Herbalist, lynched Day 1
hoopsguy - Villager, lynched Day 5
RPI-Fan - Villager, lynched Day 3
ardent enthusiast - Seer, died Night 4
pennywisesb
SnDvls - Werewolf, lynched Day 2
McSweeny - Villager, lynched Day 4
Mr. Wednesday - Villager, killed Night 4
SirFozzie - Villager, killed Night 2
dubb93
Barkeep49
Blade6119 - Villager, killed Night 3

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 11-22-2005 at 09:36 PM.
Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 09:34 PM   #1205
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

seven left.. interesting.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:42 PM   #1206
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

That was the cunning wolf. Now with 7 left we most likely have 2 wolves in the mix with 5 villagers. Among those 5 villagers are a blessed and a cursed according to Sir Fozzies cupid death.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:48 PM   #1207
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
That was the cunning wolf. Now with 7 left we most likely have 2 wolves in the mix with 5 villagers. Among those 5 villagers are a blessed and a cursed according to Sir Fozzies cupid death.
Agreed.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 10:08 PM   #1208
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Agreed.

I agree with the both you of as well.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:27 PM   #1209
kingfc22
Head Coach

RA: 3 strikes (Pass, McSweeny, RPI) 1 WOLF vote
king: 3 strikes (I would have voted twice for McSweeny, RPI) 2 WOLF votes

st. cronin: 2 strikes (SirFoz, McSweeny), unknown (dubb), 2 WOLF votes
Barkeep: 2 strikes (McSweeny twice), unknown (dubb), 2 WOLF votes
dubb: 2 strikes (McSweeny, king), 3 WOLF votes

saldana: 1 strike (AE), 1 WOLF vote

penny: unknown (RA), 1 WOLF vote

I'm going to hold off on any comments until after the night actions, but I wanted to put this out there in case I die.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:44 PM   #1210
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

The longer the night action is put off the worse this beings to look for Penny, Saldana, and RA as they are the only ones that haven't been around since the lynch.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:51 PM   #1211
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
The longer the night action is put off the worse this beings to look for Penny, Saldana, and RA as they are the only ones that haven't been around since the lynch.
Has Neon been around?
Old 11-23-2005, 12:21 AM   #1212
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

As a side-note, we're going to take a break after votes are sent in, to give way for thanksgiving weekend. We're going to resume on Monday next week.

Last night, you heard someone being viciously mauled, his screams cutting through the damp night. You wake up, expecting worst... but find that noone is missing. Is this good? Or bad?

It is now Day (6), votes are due at 8PM EST!

Player List:
saldana
st.cronin
kingfc22
Raiders Army
Passacaglia - Herbalist, lynched Day 1
hoopsguy - Villager, lynched Day 5
RPI-Fan - Villager, lynched Day 3
ardent enthusiast - Seer, died Night 4
pennywisesb
SnDvls - Werewolf, lynched Day 2
McSweeny - Villager, lynched Day 4
Mr. Wednesday - Villager, killed Night 4
SirFozzie - Villager, killed Night 2
dubb93
Barkeep49
Blade6119 - Villager, killed Night 3
Old 11-23-2005, 12:45 AM   #1213
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

WTF dubb, why are you so anxious to throw suspicion on me...i refer you to post 1191, where i clearly state that i am only able to access the site from work between 730 and 830 pm eastern...i work until 1 and just got home!
Old 11-23-2005, 12:49 AM   #1214
saldana
Pro Starter

back to the game, i would have to think the night activity means that the blessed or the cursed was attacked last night...whichever one was left after the first night. i would have to say that right now, i am trying to figure out what pennywise was doing with his vote last night when we had been told by the seer exactly who to vote for.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:47 AM   #1215
kingfc22
Head Coach

I sure hope it was the blessed.

It's either 4-3 or 5-2 right now. So it is critical that we get a wolf tomorrow. My number 1 suspect is still RA.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:38 AM   #1216
Vince
Pro Starter

Been a terribly entertaining read so far

I'm particularly fond of Ardent's ploy with the made up secret role -- good call to keep the wolves off your back. Bummer that Mr. W had to out the lovers role to help keep you alive through the lynch. I do have to agree with hoops though -- I've never been comfortable with the outside 'betting' aspect of your Supporter claims. Never been uncomfortable enough to complain, but it just seems a little...I don't know, out there.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 06:23 AM   #1217
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Just got up to read what was going to happen for the day. It was the blessed that was attacked last night it seems. I know this for a fact since it appears I was the one attacked and "given a second chance." I'm off to work. This tells me I'm seriously on to something with my analysis.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:35 AM   #1218
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Okay...long story...

I waited in the wrong spots for the Xbox 360 Monday night/Tuesday morning. Suffice it to say I woke up Monday morning at 5:00 AM and didn't go to sleep until about 1:00 PM on Tuesday. I still didn't get an Xbox 360. Sigh. I had trouble logging into the board in the late afternoon, so I just gave up and went to sleep some more. I'll post my thoughts later on.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 07:40 AM   #1219
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Just got up to read what was going to happen for the day. It was the blessed that was attacked last night it seems. I know this for a fact since it appears I was the one attacked and "given a second chance." I'm off to work. This tells me I'm seriously on to something with my analysis.
Well this is the most interesting thing. If you were attacked, then you're on the level as well as st. cronin. That makes it two villagers who are "known".

I don't know how I'm under suspicion as a wolf. The McSweeny vote was because I did believe that a wolf voted for Pass on day 1. That only leaves me as the lone survivor of the Pass vote. I know it looks pretty bad, but I am just as surprised as everyone else.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:21 AM   #1220
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Dubb are you sure about this?
Old 11-23-2005, 08:27 AM   #1221
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Been a terribly entertaining read so far

I'm particularly fond of Ardent's ploy with the made up secret role -- good call to keep the wolves off your back. Bummer that Mr. W had to out the lovers role to help keep you alive through the lynch. I do have to agree with hoops though -- I've never been comfortable with the outside 'betting' aspect of your Supporter claims. Never been uncomfortable enough to complain, but it just seems a little...I don't know, out there.

OOG: I've been asked to cut it out, so I suppose I will. I find it as a way to express the fact I'm telling the truth. I suppose at some point I could have used it as bluff, but obviously I hadn't so far. The bet was never "on", either, before this game.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:27 AM   #1222
Poli
FOFC Survivor

IE, I never had a taker before this game.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:40 AM   #1223
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Dubb are you sure about this?

100% If I was the cursed I would not have even posted as I wouldn't even want my name to be considered right now as I'd be working for team wolf. I was attacked last night and "given a second chance." Now why I didn't lock my door untill after the wolves left is another question.

I'll paraphrase what happened last night, I was lieing in my bed when I saw and felt a hairy arm grab me. I was attacked and the wolf left. Once he left I realized I was in no pain and got up and locked my door. I was given a second chance.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:44 AM   #1224
Barkeep49
Coordinator

The reason I asked was not because I felt you might be cursed.

I'm not quite sure what your play is here since I think Ardent had indicated some degree of trust for you, but I was the one who recieved a message from Neon last night explaining that I had been given a second chance.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:45 AM   #1225
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Okay...long story...

I waited in the wrong spots for the Xbox 360 Monday night/Tuesday morning. Suffice it to say I woke up Monday morning at 5:00 AM and didn't go to sleep until about 1:00 PM on Tuesday. I still didn't get an Xbox 360. Sigh. I had trouble logging into the board in the late afternoon, so I just gave up and went to sleep some more. I'll post my thoughts later on.

OOG: Welcome to the club man. I was given a $40 dollar gift certificate and was promised to be called when any wal-marts in the area get a 360 in though b/c the last spot I went to pretty well screwed ALL the customers. Me and 7 other people waited outside it from about 3-7 waiting for it to open. When it opens the assistant manager tells us that they gave out cards the last 2 weeks and the people with the cards would be there to pick them up....

I've been to this Wal-Mart plenty of times, about once or twice a week, so I recognized the employees when they showed up with their cards. All 8 people that got a 360 from that store were employees. Pissed off I came home and called the district manager and after about 3 minutes of getting off the phone with him the store manager from the local wal-mart called me and asked me to come pick up a $40 dollar gift certificate and told me I'd be getting a call when any Wal-Marts in the area get one in.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:47 AM   #1226
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The reason I asked was not because I felt you might be cursed.

I'm not quite sure what your play is here since I think Ardent had indicated some degree of trust for you, but I was the one who recieved a message from Neon last night explaining that I had been given a second chance.

Well that is VERY interesting. I believe Ardent cleared you 100% before he died, so I'm not sure what the heck is going on. I got a message from Neon saying I was attacked and was given a second chance.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:49 AM   #1227
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

How the hell do 2 people get attacked in the same night and both are blessed?
Old 11-23-2005, 08:53 AM   #1228
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't know. I'm reviewing posts now to try and figure this thing out.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:57 AM   #1229
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
:Supplementary Roles, All: (You may or may not be given these roles, note that there could be one or more of these)

And the only one listed was the lovers. Could there be an extra supplementary role that allows a wolf to attack even if another wolf is already going an attack as a one time thing?

And even if there was what are the odds of both of us being Blessed? Sirfozzies death post said 1 blessed and 1 cursed left.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:06 AM   #1230
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok upon further reading you dubb was never cleared by ardent. All he said was this
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent
As far as dubb being a trusted friend. That's not entirely true. He's in the valence shell of the trust. He's just outside.

In retrospect I think it's pretty clear he never performed a seer action on dubb. As dubb himself as pointed out there is no provision in the rules for two blessed to be attacked in one night. Perhaps the wolves thought the blessed saw the wolf who attacked (which was not true). I can be left with only one conclusion:

Dubb is a wolf.

VOTE DUBB
Old 11-23-2005, 09:08 AM   #1231
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

This is endgame strategy for the wolves. The only thing I can come up with Barkeep. Either you were scanned by Ardent and THEN attacked and were the cursed on night 2, or he never really scanned you. If we were wolves there is no reason for either of us to come out right now and do this. This has to be your guys endgame strategy.

VOTE BARKEEP
Old 11-23-2005, 09:10 AM   #1232
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Keep in mind Barkeep, you were the one that couldn't pick up on his hit you over the head obvious seer reveal and didn't vote with him. While I was pushing for the hoopsguy vote way back then. Oh and somewhere back there he only lists you in the valence trust role too.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:24 AM   #1233
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Keep in mind Barkeep, you were the one that couldn't pick up on his hit you over the head obvious seer reveal and didn't vote with him. While I was pushing for the hoopsguy vote way back then. Oh and somewhere back there he only lists you in the valence trust role too.
Come now we've all played in Neon's games before. Neon has introduced whole new FACTIONS to games without it being in the rules. With his not revealing secondary roles until after the game is over, it seemed perfectly logical that he might have the sort of role Ardent explained. Hell even Wednesday, his lover, wasn't fully convinced Ardent was a villager. With hindsight I give Ardent's play a lot of credit. I missed the boat on that one, I admit. However, the facts remain.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:45 AM   #1234
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...light=werewolf

There is the link to the thread with both mafia and werewolves. In the rules he said this.

Quote:
Roles: (Note that these roles may or may not be used in the game, and that there is the possibility that there is more than one instance of a given role. And of course, there are the secret roles, unnamed. )

In this game he says,
Quote:
"Simple game, no?"

He intentionally simplied the rules of this game since it was the first one in a while. I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt earlier when I was looking at secondary roles that prehaps both of us were attacked but they aren't, but it is now obvious you are a wolf. I could post the PM, but I won't go there since I know it is "implied" that we shouldn't. Why don't you paraphrase your story and PM of what happened last night if you would Barkeep.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:07 AM   #1235
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
How do you come to this conclusion? Who's the other person?
Old 11-23-2005, 10:12 AM   #1236
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
How do you come to this conclusion? Who's the other person?

Read the thread. Barkeep claims he was attacked too and naturally he was blessed.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:31 AM   #1237
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I was attacked in my bed. The wolf tore me apart. I passed out but when I woke in the morning I was unharmed and had been given a second chance at life.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:40 AM   #1238
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I was attacked in my bed. The wolf tore me apart. I passed out but when I woke in the morning I was unharmed and had been given a second chance at life.

So in your sleep you collected your arms and legs? If you tore you apart it would be hard to wake up unharmed.

I was attacked and realized I was in no pain when he was gone so I got up and locked my door and went to sleep.

I wasn't eaten, and unlike you my arms and legs weren't ripped off. I was attacked, it would have killed me but I'm the blessed role.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:40 AM   #1239
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I never said my arms and legs were torn off. You asked for a paraphrase I gave it. I'm sorry you don't like Neon's creative writing.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:40 AM   #1240
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

DOLA: If you tore you apart=If he tore you apart.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:42 AM   #1241
Barkeep49
Coordinator

As a scheduling issue: I will be around for another 30 or so minutes and will then be around agian from about 5:30 eastern to 6:45 eastern and will be out for several hours, including the vote deadline, after that. If the other players have questions, I would love to answer them rather than get in a pointless debate with a wolf.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:44 AM   #1242
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Also as a scheduling issue: The board will be closed down for a portion of the afternoon (shouldn't be too long, see the announcement up top)
Old 11-23-2005, 10:51 AM   #1243
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
As a scheduling issue: I will be around for another 30 or so minutes and will then be around agian from about 5:30 eastern to 6:45 eastern and will be out for several hours, including the vote deadline, after that. If the other players have questions, I would love to answer them rather than get in a pointless debate with a wolf.

In other words, Barkeep going to be around for 30 minutes, then he'll be around again to attempt to sway the vote for about an hour or so later. Then he's bailing untill after the deadline, but when he return he'll be bragging about his fake reveal and gloating about his end game strategy if it works.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:57 AM   #1244
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
back to the game, i would have to think the night activity means that the blessed or the cursed was attacked last night...whichever one was left after the first night. i would have to say that right now, i am trying to figure out what pennywise was doing with his vote last night when we had been told by the seer exactly who to vote for.

Don't throw suspicion on me Saladana. I said I didn't think it'd be a good idea to bandwagon on just one player, I knew at that point that Hoops was pretty much a goner. My vote was a statement to RA saying that I think he's a wolf. Nothing more. RA plainly stated in previous posts that either he or McSweeny was a wolf and thats the same way as I felt since the Pass vote. McSweeny was a known villager, so that left RA.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:59 AM   #1245
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

This whole Dubb v. Barkeep thing is really interesting. I think Barkeep's play is definately an end game play by the wolves so I'm going to VOTE BARKEEP for now pending additional information. Dubb seems to be on the up and up, so please don't let me down Dubb.

Edited to change voting format to make it correct.

Last edited by pennywisesb : 11-23-2005 at 12:09 PM.
pennywisesb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 11:01 AM   #1246
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywisesb
This whole Dubb v. Barkeep thing is really interesting. I think Barkeep's play is definately an end game play by the wolves so I'm going to Vote BARKEEP for now pending additional information. Dubb seems to be on the up and up, so please don't let me down Dubb.

Thank you!!!! I'm a villager I promise you. I won't log in here for a month if I'm not.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:01 AM   #1247
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Just to throw it out there (a la RPIFan), RA, Saladana, and Barkeep are pretty suspicious to me at this point.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:03 AM   #1248
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Thank you!!!! I'm a villager I promise you. I won't log in here for a month if I'm not.

I'll have Ben hold you to that if you are lying.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:11 AM   #1249
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywisesb
I'll have Ben hold you to that if you are lying.

arrange it.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:27 AM   #1250
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Two people could be blessed. Two attacks in one night is not probable though.