Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-02-2011, 04:13 PM   #801
Danny
Head Coach

Oh and I don't play passive-aggressive, either passive or aggressive, but not both at the same time!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:13 PM   #802
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

i'm going to be bummed if mau comes back mob because my gut says he and zinto are both citizens as am I.

I'll restate this from yesterday as people are trying to figure out where I'm coming from. As I have no role that I know of, losing me isn't of much importance to Gotham. I'd much rather be the focus than have actual roled characters on the block. I do believe that it is best for Gotham to have the Joker eliminated. Yes, we want the mob gone but the sooner we get rid of the Joker the better IMO. I'd rather try and get rid of someone who I know isn't trying to help Gotham citizens win than take blind shots in the dark.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:13 PM   #803
Autumn
Head Coach

Who Will Gotham Kill?

Mauboy - narcizo (626), chief rum (722), lathum (753), Tyrith (772), ntndeacon (777), zinto (786), mrbug708 (795)
Chubby - mckerney (663), abe sargent (714), PackerFan (787)
No Kill - Chubby (627), mauboy (633), J23 (661)
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:14 PM   #804
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, once again I'm not going to be able to play as actively as I would like. No Internet access at work and interviews tonight/tomorrow = hoopsguy out of pocket.

I won't reveal as Batman ... I'll leave the decision to that role to make the play he thinks is appropriate. He almost certainly has more complete information than the rest of us.

I mostly agree with J23's thoughts on the text votes mirroring the boat scene, but I would rather take the shots with these two candidates than a random vote. So I'll be voting on the text.

Text vote - Mau did become a candidate of interest based on yesterday's results and I think Chubby is a villager.

Regular vote - I haven't seen a strong reason to divert from the vote I cast yesterday just yet.

TEXT KILL MAUBOY
VOTE BHLLOY
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:14 PM   #805
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Sure . If the real batman reveals I will not survive the lynch, but I will also have accomplished a win condition, so I'm actually not worried either way. And at this point the real batman has not revealed.

But in general, I'd prefer to keep playing and accomplish my win condition later.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:17 PM   #806
Tyrith
College Starter

Are we sure that trying and failing to lynch Danny isn't what let him play the text death game today? Not that I believe him about Batman, but there is an EV aspect involved. Also not that I expect any of you to deviate from the course you've chosen.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:19 PM   #807
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Are we sure that trying and failing to lynch Danny isn't what let him play the text death game today? Not that I believe him about Batman, but there is an EV aspect involved. Also not that I expect any of you to deviate from the course you've chosen.

You probably shouldn't believe me, but since I was fully revealed as joker, I don't think I've actually given any false information.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:19 PM   #808
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
You probably shouldn't believe me, but since I was fully revealed as joker, I don't think I've actually given any false information.

no requirement to follow the vote today?
Old 06-02-2011, 04:21 PM   #809
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
no requirement to follow the vote today?

What?
Old 06-02-2011, 04:22 PM   #810
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Unvote Mckerney

so I am not reading back far enough.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:30 PM   #811
The Jackal
Coordinator

text kill mauboy1
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:31 PM   #812
The Jackal
Coordinator

vote j23
Old 06-02-2011, 04:34 PM   #813
Danny
Head Coach

Not sure if I actually get a vote on this, but

Text kill Chubby

Just to make it more interesting
Old 06-02-2011, 04:35 PM   #814
Autumn
Head Coach

You don't have a cell phone, Danny, sorry.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:36 PM   #815
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Not sure if I actually get a vote on this, but

Text kill Chubby

Just to make it more interesting

you have to text yourself?
Old 06-02-2011, 04:37 PM   #816
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
you have to text yourself?

I text myself all the time
Old 06-02-2011, 04:40 PM   #817
Danny
Head Coach

And chubby, can you reword what you were asking above, I really am not sure what is it you were asking.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:41 PM   #818
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
And chubby, can you reword what you were asking above, I really am not sure what is it you were asking.

I was pointing out that you are not copying people's votes today.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:41 PM   #819
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I've gotta go to sleep, my eyes are drooping. See you lates!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:42 PM   #820
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I was pointing out that you are not copying people's votes today.

That was never a requirement, I was just doing that for fun.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:47 PM   #821
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I do not wanna die by joker and especially because its Danny. He has always had a hand in killing me it seems.

I still think we should see if the Batman can prevent a villager from dying tonight and go no kill. Obviously there isn't much support for that so maybe if chubby and I keep it this way we'll prevent the disaster.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:56 PM   #822
bhlloy
Coordinator

I'm very torn between going with an UTR player who has buried a couple of votes, or voting Danny again. He's really pinging me with his passive aggressive "vote me!" and "batman hasn't revealed yet" but it's gonna suck if we just give him a free kill again.

I'd love to hear somebody who has voted for me so far why I'm a better candidate than somebody who hasn't been participating. I'm willing to bet there's at least 1 wolf trying to bury a vote on me right now and I'm looking at Hoops and PF the hardest.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:59 PM   #823
Thomkal
Head Coach

well I'm torn on the text vote now as mauboy sounded the less like a citizen of Gothem to me over Chubby, but now the runaway vote on him makes it seem like he's a villager. So not sure where I'm voting yet.

Off for a bit. Can I ask if any of you currently on the block, you NOT wait till the last five minutes before deadline to do so? Give us time to evaluate your claim and change our votes if need be.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:00 PM   #824
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
well I'm torn on the text vote now as mauboy sounded the less like a citizen of Gothem to me over Chubby, but now the runaway vote on him makes it seem like he's a villager. So not sure where I'm voting yet.

Off for a bit. Can I ask if any of you currently on the block, you NOT wait till the last five minutes before deadline to do so? Give us time to evaluate your claim and change our votes if need be.

I'm going to reveal as Joker 1 minute before deadline to save myself
Old 06-02-2011, 05:21 PM   #825
Tyrith
College Starter

I'm still not seeing a whole heck of a lot of reason to move my lynch vote. Never did get anyway to explain why all these votes are getting put on bhlloy.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:26 PM   #826
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I think Danny is blowing smoke today, he's afraid that the plan of revealing will work and he'll be killed. he may get a win condition but he wont win, not with the mob still out there

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:28 PM   #827
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

if evryone reveals as batman i think the only thing that will happen will be that batman will be able to be night killed. He's batman so it makes sense that if the mob tried to kill him they wouldnt succeed. with the reveal that protection goes away

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-02-2011, 05:28 PM   #828
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
I think Danny is blowing smoke today, he's afraid that the plan of revealing will work and he'll be killed. he may get a win condition but he wont win, not with the mob still out there

Well if my win condition is getting rid of the mob, why would you want to kill me? My winning has nothing to do with the mob or the village.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:29 PM   #829
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

while i dont like the idea of batman losing this ability we can not deny that the joker is indeed a force to be reckoned with. in the movie batman went after the mob and left the joker alone at first, remember? If we do that now i think it spell bad things for the city

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-02-2011, 05:30 PM   #830
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

cuz it makes sense, for the joker to win he would have to take out his competition for gotham. in this case his competition is the mob and the batman

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-02-2011, 05:31 PM   #831
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
if evryone reveals as batman i think the only thing that will happen will be that batman will be able to be night killed. He's batman so it makes sense that if the mob tried to kill him they wouldnt succeed. with the reveal that protection goes away

From the village's perspective this is true. So basically the advantage is you will kill me, the disadvantage is you'll be losing Batman before long.

I add a lot of chaos to the game, but my role is not is not in and of itself more harmful to the village than to the mob.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:32 PM   #832
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

and if we all text no kill i really doubt that batman will be able to save the day in some way. this is one of those points where i feel that the game and the movie will differ

I still dont like the idea of playing into the joker's hands though

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-02-2011, 05:32 PM   #833
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
cuz it makes sense, for the joker to win he would have to take out his competition for gotham. in this case his competition is the mob and the batman

Well then you should leave me alive so that I can help take out the mob lol. That said, like I said, I have couldn't care less who is mob and who is villager.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:35 PM   #834
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
From the village's perspective this is true. So basically the advantage is you will kill me, the disadvantage is you'll be losing Batman before long.

I add a lot of chaos to the game, but my role is not is not in and of itself more harmful to the village than to the mob.

batman can still be lynched, he's not immune. if he were on the block he'd be killed anyway. if he revealed to save himself then the mob would kill him. no one is 100% safe. it makes it easier to kill him but even if we didnt we could still lose him another way

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-02-2011, 05:36 PM   #835
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

why would we leave you alive if you would cause just as much damage to the mob as you would to the city? better to take out 1 enemy and deal with the other than fight them both at once

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #836
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

and there's no guarantee that the joker cant take control of the mob at some point in the game. in the movie when the mob got weak enough it turned to the joker. i wouldnt be surprised if some mechanic was in the game that would let the joker take control if the mob lost a certain number of members

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-02-2011, 05:39 PM   #837
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

There has to be a way for batman to win without the joker winning
Old 06-02-2011, 05:39 PM   #838
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Vote Mau
Old 06-02-2011, 05:40 PM   #839
Danny
Head Coach

Actually batman can't be lynched
Old 06-02-2011, 05:40 PM   #840
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post

It's too late, I'm already guaranteed at least a minor win.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:41 PM   #841
Tyrith
College Starter

Honestly, I'm inclined to believe that Danny is a true neutral and really just wants death and mayhem for everyone. While this is really annoying, it's not annoying enough I'm willing to trade Batman for him right now, especially if Batman can potentially get rid of him in some other way. Without knowing anything more about Batman I'm not willing to give him up to The Joker's nonsense.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:42 PM   #842
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Basically I am looking for a second candidate other than bhlloy. I don't consider Danny that candidate. Or at last I am afraid he might not be that candidate. My reasoning is that maybe learning a bit about day one voting could be helpful. (Yes Zinto would help there too)
Old 06-02-2011, 05:44 PM   #843
Danny
Head Coach

Everyone is afraid to place that second on a candidate other than bh, so I will

Unvote Danny
Vote mckerney
Old 06-02-2011, 05:50 PM   #844
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post

What do you mean? The Joker and the Mob get eliminated and he wins. I dont understand this statement

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-02-2011, 05:50 PM   #845
The Jackal
Coordinator

Not like I put a second vote on J over an hour ago or anything..
Old 06-02-2011, 05:51 PM   #846
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Not like I put a second vote on J over an hour ago or anything..

And how am I supposed to see it when you didn't surround it with a bunch of speculation and generally useless information.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:51 PM   #847
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Everyone is afraid to place that second on a candidate other than bh, so I will

Unvote Danny
Vote mckerney

Trying to off Doobie Keebler now are we?
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:51 PM   #848
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
What do you mean? The Joker and the Mob get eliminated and he wins. I dont understand this statement

You seem to know an awful lot about batman, even his win conditions
Old 06-02-2011, 05:52 PM   #849
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
And how am I supposed to see it when you didn't surround it with a bunch of speculation and generally useless information.

Touche. I bet my speculation is pretty spot on though, so I wouldn't call it useless. We can't all know things, or at least we don't all want to lie about knowing things.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:52 PM   #850
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Actually batman can't be lynched

Even if this were true (which I seriously doubt it is) the mob would just kill him the next day since his identity would come out. i think everything danny is saying now is just to keep him alive

―Darth Plagueis the Wise