Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-13-2015, 09:46 PM   #1
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Sitting is the new smoking or I need a walking desk

So, in an effort to get off my lazy ass and knowing that I will fail to use a regular old treadmill (or bike, or stair climber, or you get the picture) because I would rather be surfing the internet, playing FOF or you get the picture, I have decided that the only way I will succeed is to combine those two activities.

To that end, I am looking for a walking desk and looking for recommendations. I want one that is motorized and adjustable. It does not need to be capable of faster than walking speed (if I want to run - I'll go outside) but I would like it to include the desk top.

I am looking at a Lifespan TR1200-DT so any comments on that particular one or any other recommendations are greatly appreciated.

dzilla77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 10:51 PM   #2
Autumn
Head Coach

I have a Lifespan, not sure what model, because I am not at home. But it has been fantastic. Glad to answer questions.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 12:10 AM   #3
Radii
Head Coach

I got an adjustable desk a few months ago and use it extensively to alternate between standing and sitting throughout the day in an effort to sit less and move around a little more. No treadmill desk though, so I can't directly help you thre.

For my adjustable desk I bought the Jarvis from ErgoDepot, they have a section for treadmill desk setups as well. I will say that I absolutely love my desk, and my experience with ErgoDepot was a very positive one, if that helps in any way.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 12:43 AM   #4
Peregrine
Pro Starter

They say sitting for long periods isn't good for your health so I always make sure to lie down instead. Take that Grim Reaper! :P
Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king. --Sideshow Bob
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 06:37 AM   #5
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I got an adjustable desk at work a few weeks ago and have really enjoyed it. I always tended to stand an pace when on the phone anyway, so it's nice to be able to go back and forth.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 06:46 AM   #6
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Thanks for the responses so far. I should say that this isn't for an at work desk (I don't work from home) but more for light, but extended exercise at home.

Autumn, did your Lifespan come with the desk or did you just get their treadmill and add the desk?
dzilla77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 09:01 AM   #7
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

my new job about 90% of the desks are adjustable standing desks...I hate standing so I dont have one we also have a walking desk that people can check out if they want it.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote