Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-29-2021, 09:22 PM   #501
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
As a Bears fan, I would love to rebut all of the hate for the trade and the pick....but I can't. I like the player, not a fan of the trade, and not sure this staff will be able to get the best out of Fields. Not sure how much Nagy had to do with Mahomes' first year, but I hope it was enough coach up Fields.

I love the Giants getting the pick, but if you can give up future assets to get the guy you think can be your franchise QB for 10 years you do it. The problem is I have zero faith in a franchise that has literally never has a good QB make that move.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 09:26 PM   #502
rjolley
College Starter

We had Macmahon...who hates us...so there's that.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 09:27 PM   #503
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Not sold on Jones. The WRs he was throwing to were selected ahead of him, and he is surrounded by all 5 star recruits

I think it more likely he busts and that cements the chicken of the egg comment with Brady and Belicheck.

Agreed, not sold on Jones.

But TBH, I only feel pretty good about Lawrence and none of the other QBs. Lawrence has been consistently good for 3 years and he's played at the highest level.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 09:28 PM   #504
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
I love the Giants getting the pick, but if you can give up future assets to get the guy you think can be your franchise QB for 10 years you do it. The problem is I have zero faith in a franchise that has literally never has a good QB make that move.

That was pretty much the same excuse when the Bears hideously overpaid to get Trubisky. And now the same guy overpaid to get Fields.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 09:29 PM   #505
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Tulsa's huge LB Zaven Collins is no longer a whisper, he's almost certainly going in the first round. Two weeks ago he was mocked around pick 50-80. Now maybe even around the middle of the first.

I love how this happens to a few guy every year.

yyyyyyup
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 09:47 PM   #506
bhlloy
Coordinator

Raiders gonna Raider
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 09:51 PM   #507
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 09:53 PM   #508
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Raiders gonna Raider

I like to think they ruined Darren McFadden and it wasn’t because DMAC didn’t have the talent to be one of the best NFL running backs ever.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 09:54 PM   #509
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
yyyyyyup

Not sure my beloved Cards needed a LB that much, but he might have best player available for them. Wish they had traded down and got some picks.
Old 04-29-2021, 10:02 PM   #510
sabotai
General Manager

Big fan of the Giants drafting Toney. I was really hoping the Giants would trade up from their 2nd round pick to try to get him, but I'll take trading down and getting him + the Bears 2022 1st Round pick and a few mid-rounders.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 10:03 PM   #511
cuervo72
Head Coach

Caleb Farley looked lonely.
Old 04-29-2021, 10:06 PM   #512
JPhillips
General Manager

Feels like everyone is skipping OL, expecting the deep class to have good players available in rounds 2 and 3.
Old 04-29-2021, 10:09 PM   #513
Swaggs
Coordinator

Steelers maybe go OL, but I wouldn’t mind Najee Harris here. Or trade down a bit and still get Harris or Etienne.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 10:10 PM   #514
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Caleb Farley looked lonely.

Yeah knucklehead got covid so was in quarantine. As a Titans fanI am bracing for at best 8-8 season. They lost some from secondary which was the best part of that crappy d. Farley is injury prone and the they’ve still no saline or pass rush . On top of that they one deep at RB and have no RT, TE or slot receiver.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 10:10 PM   #515
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

I really think Bateman would have been a much better pick than Toney, but it's the Giants, so not surprised. Leatherwood feels like the first big reach, and considering the Raiders and their picks the last few years, it's not a surprise.

Also surprised to see Owusu-Koramoah sliding so much.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 10:10 PM   #516
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
Can someone give me a Mac Jones body shot compared to the Brady combine body shot side-by-side?

Please excuse the delirious enthusiasm contained in the meme.

molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 10:29 PM   #517
Atocep
Coordinator

When you're the worst team in the NFL and have 2 first round picks you shouldn't be spending one of them on a running back. Ever.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 10:34 PM   #518
bhlloy
Coordinator

Especially when you just saw an UFA play really well for you the year before. I don't like the Harris pick either but I think you can somewhat justify it for the Steelers - the Etienne pick is a complete luxury IMO.
Old 04-29-2021, 10:34 PM   #519
QuikSand
lolzcat

100% agreed with the Etienne hate here, just dumb
Old 04-29-2021, 10:43 PM   #520
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Agreed, feels like the Jags had more holes to fill here rather than grabbing an explosive change of pace back.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 10:45 PM   #521
Atocep
Coordinator

The Saints come through in the clutch to challenge the Raiders for the first round reach award.
Old 04-29-2021, 10:46 PM   #522
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Don't know if it was worth staying up till midnight for my team to pick a guy I'd never heard of.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 10:48 PM   #523
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Another later riser is CB Eric Stokes from UGA. For teams that run a lot of zone schemes, he sounds like "an NFL frame and skillset," which is what a lot of teams go for, rather than a bunch of good tape. Another guy who was being mocked in the 50-80 range a couple of weeks ago, and now is very much in play for late-ish tonight, like to Tennessee, New Orleans, or Buffalo.

yyyyyup
Old 04-29-2021, 10:58 PM   #524
bhlloy
Coordinator

Stokes feels like a perfect fit for the Packers, although it's not going to make Aaron particularly happy I would imagine. Wonder if them telling him they were going defense was the reason for the leaks earlier today.

At least the Saints have some history of taking a player like Turner and having him perform. Sounds like he was a late riser, not a huge stretch as a scheme fit IMO.
Old 04-30-2021, 12:34 AM   #525
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
So I am behind and the Eagles just picked Smith.

So the cowboys missed out on the DB they wanted, so they trade out of the pick to a team in their division, who then takes a WR.

Fucking cowboys, lol.
Wait, I don't want to defend Jerruh, but I think this was a good move by them. Classic Jerruh would've drafted the flashy WR when you have Cooper, Gallup, etc, but picking up #84 while still being able to pick the top front 7 guy seems smart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
Also surprised to see Owusu-Koramoah sliding so much.
I'm not shocked. He's super light, more of a Jamal Adams type box safety than a real LB. Which has its place for many teams in today's NFL, but is more of a specialized role than one every team wants.
Quote:
Not sold on Jones. The WRs he was throwing to were selected ahead of him, and he is surrounded by all 5 star recruits

I think it more likely he busts and that cements the chicken of the egg comment with Brady and Belicheck.
We'll see on Jones. I kind of wanted Lance/Fields to fit the style of offense we've been moving towards, but if Jones is good he's good. No doubt the talent around him & the only 16 starts make it more projection, but Trey Lance had 16 starts & better talent, Joe Burrow had elite talent, Tua did, Baker Mayfield did, Justin Fields did, shoot even Trevor Lawrence did. Early in the draft process when he started getting mocked to the Patriots at #15 I wasn't 100% sold, but after a month+ of everyone talking about him going #3 it definitely feels like a win getting him without trading any extra picks.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 06:37 AM   #526
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I agree about the Cowboys making the right move by not reaching. I just find it funny that they acknowledge they have a weakness, want to address it through the draft, can't so they trade to a team in their division who takes a player that will specifically exploit that weakness.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 07:35 AM   #527
Ksyrup

So do we think there was really anything to the Rodgers rumors, or just posturing on his part and/or unrealistic demands from the Packers when teams did check in, but no real interest in making the trade?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 04-30-2021, 07:36 AM   #528
Ksyrup

I like how Urban Meyer saw a couple of reunited QB/WR picks and was like, "Imagine how great the instant synergy will be when Trevor hands off to Etienne!"
Old 04-30-2021, 07:39 AM   #529
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
So do we think there was really anything to the Rodgers rumors, or just posturing on his part and/or unrealistic demands from the Packers when teams did check in, but no real interest in making the trade?

It seems to be no secret he hates it up there and wanted out for a while. Packers say they won’t trade hi but if he wants out and will maybe sit out or retire if they push him why not trade him and get three 1st rounders for him?
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 07:40 AM   #530
bob
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

I was expecting something to happen with the Broncos when they didn't take a QB, but who knows...
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 08:11 AM   #531
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

For the Lions, this draft will come down to Justin Fields. Will the Lions feel the pain of passing up on Fields for years to come, as he and the Bears rip them apart year after year, or will Fields be a bust?

I think this is the key regardless of whether Sewell pans out.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 09:36 AM   #532
PilotMan
Head Coach

So fantastic to see another NDSU QB drafted, and in the first round...and in the top 3. Just amazing recruiting power for the program. Lance has a much higher ceiling than Wentz imo. His game was just on another level, and had something that nobody else had. He just needs to stay healthy and learn to play smart.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 01:57 PM   #533
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Is there a benefit to waiting after June 1st on trading Rodgers? Think maybe Denver thinks they will end up with him after that?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 02:37 PM   #534
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
it appears that one of the big winners of draft night was Zach Wilson's mom.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 02:56 PM   #535
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

I think it's a good trade for both. Thought the Bears gave up a little much but again, if this ends up being a franchise QB, who cares. Not exactly like this team has been knocking it out of the park with picks anyway.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 06:22 PM   #536
rjolley
College Starter

Wait, the Jets have the least passing yards and passing TDs in the NFL over the last 10 years? Less than the Bears? Ouch.
Old 04-30-2021, 06:32 PM   #537
Atocep
Coordinator

A new year and another year of me complaining about how unwatchable the NFL tries to make day 2 of the draft.

Last edited by Atocep : 04-30-2021 at 06:33 PM.
Old 04-30-2021, 06:34 PM   #538
JPhillips
General Manager

The Bengals are going to end up with a very good OL in round 2. The CHase pick is going to work out well.
Old 04-30-2021, 06:45 PM   #539
Atocep
Coordinator

I would have been happy with Jenkins at 20. I don't know what's going on with Pace, but I can't complain at all about getting Fields and Jenkins.
Old 04-30-2021, 07:07 PM   #540
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I would have been happy with Jenkins at 20. I don't know what's going on with Pace, but I can't complain at all about getting Fields and Jenkins.

If they pick well at 51, I'm going to initiate a search for the real Pace because the guy selecting and trading is obviously an imposter.

EDIT: Got bad intel. Heard Pace traded for 39 and 51, not 39 and 151. Love the pick, but this is Pace.

Last edited by rjolley : 04-30-2021 at 07:25 PM.
Old 04-30-2021, 07:08 PM   #541
Swaggs
Coordinator

There seemed to be some pre-draft interest in him, so I thought Jenkins may be the Steelers’ first round pick. That’s a good pick up for the Bears.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 07:27 PM   #542
cuervo72
Head Coach

Love the pick by your beloved Cardinals, Thomkal!!
Old 04-30-2021, 07:29 PM   #543
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Bears gonna be filling their roster with a lot of undrafted players. Good picks in theory, but they pissed through a ton of their picks on these trades. They're now left with 1 5th rounder and 3 6th rounders. That's it.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 04-30-2021 at 07:30 PM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 07:42 PM   #544
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Love the pick by your beloved Cardinals, Thomkal!!

I would like the pick more but it means two things most likely:

1: Larry Fitzgerald is likely retiring/won't be with Arizona next year

2. Their most glaring need is secondary which they haven't touched yet.

Should I be worried he missed a lot of games with injuries?
Old 04-30-2021, 08:04 PM   #545
cuervo72
Head Coach

I'm hopeful he will be healthy. He's strong for sure; would like to think it was more fluke than physical makeup.
Old 05-01-2021, 11:15 AM   #546
JPhillips
General Manager

Between now and the Montana/Young 49ers, is there an example of a team continuing a dynasty across multiple QBs? Trask isn't as bad as Love last year, but spending picks on the next QB is a much worse strategy than maximizing weapons for the QB you have.
Old 05-01-2021, 11:25 AM   #547
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Between now and the Montana/Young 49ers, is there an example of a team continuing a dynasty across multiple QBs? Trask isn't as bad as Love last year, but spending picks on the next QB is a much worse strategy than maximizing weapons for the QB you have.

Favre/Rodgers?
Old 05-01-2021, 11:34 AM   #548
JPhillips
General Manager

Yeah.
Old 05-01-2021, 11:38 AM   #549
bhlloy
Coordinator

Amon-Ra St Brown will be a really solid NFL player. Lions fans - you got a good one there in the 4th.
Old 05-01-2021, 01:43 PM   #550
Thomkal
Head Coach

Yay Cards trade back into the fourth round to pick up a CB (finally!)

Nay: He's the CB from Florida that threw the shoe in the LSU game.